• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Harper's House
London
Jeremy Gray

1656227476062.png
Jeremy lay unmoving in the bed – he had dozed a bit but awoke a few minutes prior, unsure how long he had actually been in the room. For a moment, he enjoyed the hazy dream that was still hanging around, one that replayed the earlier scene in this very bed. He lost himself to the fantasy with the muffled voices in the background, not really hearing the words as he tried to go back to sleep before it slipped away. When it finally became obvious that he would not be able to rest any longer, he sat up, rubbing his eyes, listening carefully now to the voices at the table.

If Harper thought that Trevor was the only one who liked her strong mindedness, she wasn’t paying attention. It was one of the things that drew him most to her. It brought a light smile to his face as he quietly crept to the door, standing there with his back to it, picking up the voices more clearly. When the conversation turned to the Irish, Jeremy’s eyes narrowed, what did Trevor think, that they were just going to start spilling the business to him? It seemed Harper confirmed and he sighed, she needed to learn that while he supported her, there were things he could not support. Trevor knowing more about the business? Definitely not something he felt she should be opening up about.

The moment he picked up on her voice again, something soothed inside him. There was something about her that every time she spoke, it didn’t matter what he was feeling, her voice made it better. Except what she said next. A sadness over cast him, hearing again that she felt his love was suffocating, his mind not registering the rest of the comment. Even hearing she didn’t want to drag him in further sounded like an attack at that moment. For a time, he slid down the door to the floor, his arms over his knees in front of him and head back against the wall. The attacks didn’t cease. The words incase I don’t make it seared across his mind like a brand. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes, begging to fall, but he just swiped them away.

It seemed that Jeremy was the only one here in support of himself. Harper was making it clear that his love was too much for her, and that she mentally had already decided their future for them both. Trevor brought up about it being inappropriate times, as well as how addictions got in the way, and Jeremy couldn’t help but think their situation was different – Jeremy was not now, nor ever, going to be a drug addict, abuser, the type to walk away and leave, to hurt. These were things Trevor was not admitting affected his relationship with Laura. Two abusers in a relationship was different then one abuser and one support – not that Harper was a true abuser, Jeremy chided himself for even saying it.

Jeremy sat there, watery eyed, listening, wanting to run out and hold her, sooth it away, kiss her senseless before she could argue, but he couldn’t. Taking a few moments to blink the tears away, returning to a normal appearance, he stood, quietly exiting the room, headed the bathroom just for the sake of making a quiet appearance. When he came back out, he ambled to the end of the hall and leaned against it again, like he had earlier, only looking a little sleepier this time and less cocky. “Everything alright?” There was no cockiness in his voice, in fact it was quieter, softer, despite the damage to it. Instead, it was almost like a child that was trying to pretend they didn’t get their feelings hurt on the playground, feigning a strong exterior that didn’t quiet reach the point of belief.

Mentions Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor
Bellz Bellz - Harper

The Sullivans Pub
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~
Thomas Thatcher

1655905292724.png
Tom sighed, tipping back the rest of his drink and nodding to James. “To be fair, I wasn’t sure what you’d say. I don’t know what to say. I don’t believe in lying or hiding things though, so it needed to be said. I’m not sure her full involvement or what needs to happen next – except I need to find out her exact level of interaction and decide on a plan of action.” Tom swished his remaining ice around in the cup, staring at it while he ran scenarios through his mind.

“I don’t expect you to be comfortable with this – I’m not. I want to try to bring her home, get her out of there, but I am not certain how to go about it, or if she’ll come willingly. If it were anyone else, it would be nothing to cut ties and move on, but she’s one of two people in this world I would not want to do that too. I want to know my family more,” a rare moment of human emotions leaked out of Tom as he stared at the melting ice in his cup. “I also don’t know anything in this world the way I know doing this type of work. Sure, I know mechanics, but I’ve been a soldier since I was sixteen. It’s more natural to me to be behind a gun in high stress situations then it is breathing. I know there is no easy answer to this, I don’t expect an easy answer, but I don’t always… process things the way most folks do. I either do something, or I don’t, I’m not skilled in navigating situations where I don’t need to flex my strengths.”

Tom looked up at him, sighing. “I’m sorry, maybe I should have kept this to myself until I figured out more, I don’t know. I’m… I’m worried about her when it comes down to it. It’s… uncomfortable to admit that as I am not the type who normally ever cares what happens to others – if it doesn’t benefit me there is really no need to be concerned unless I’m being paid for it.”

Sighing, he lit a cigarette and took a few long drags. “Is there anyone you know of that can do some digging for me? I’ll pay for it of course, I just want to find out what is really going on, and I can’t ask to much without possibly putting her in a difficult position. I will call her tomorrow though and see what I can find out on my own.” He offered James a cigarette, unsure if he smoked or not. “I know this is probably not what you had in mind, I apologize for that. I promise though, we can go do something fun after this if you want.” In an instant Tom had returned to his normal self, that boyish grin that didn’t quite seem to be complete eyed a pool table in the corner near a pretty girl. For a moment, he thought about Shinoa – it had been a while since he had a chance to see her, maybe he should pay her a visit. Still, he had a hunch James would be a good wingman, and for the moment, he wasn’t in a committed relationship… a game of pool was the least he could do for the man after bringing him more trouble.

“You up to loose old man?” It was teasing and playful as tom called for a refill on his drink and James’s.

Mentions Misty Gray Misty Gray - James Porter

Biancardi Residence
~ Queens, New York City ~

Riccardo Biancardi

tumblr_ous333BFp81ud5j91o2_540.pngDespite his words and behaviour suggesting he was ready to abandon the paperwork to spend time with Julia and pizza, in the back of his mind he was still latching onto whether he should keep focusing on business. It wasn't that Ricky enjoyed being stuck in the office reading boring contracts - far from it. Yet, a part of his mind was willing to keep at it. One thing he knew was that as long as he'd recently been working hard and staying in Moretti's good books, he'd felt more in control of himself. The gaps in memory seemed to have reduced and overall his darker side he was aware of had been less intense. Perhaps it was his latest run of success and the feeling of acceptance from his business allies, but he felt more in control and like the other guy was therefore appeased. Or were they both just keeping a low profile on account of what Roxie knew?

Ricky let out a dry laugh when Julia spoke of Gabriel kissing the Kings' asses. "From what I've heard, the Kings are a handsome bunch. Clearly hot enough to turn even Gabe. Would you be mad if I said I'm curious about those British asses myself?" he teased. "Serious note. I am keen to meet the Kings for myself. See what all the fuss is about and catch up with Damian in the process."

With the suggestion they went out for a walk in the rain, Ricky couldn't help but scoff at her suggestion about saving money on delivery. "Julia, look around," he said, opening out his arms to drawn her attention to the stylish office which was only a small part of a large, expensive mansion. "I don't think we need to start worrying about paying for delivery." Still, when she rested her head on his chest and mentioned getting struck by lightening, he perked up and raised his eyebrows . "A disadvantage?! Joke's on you, darling. If I know comic books the way I think I do, getting struck by lightning is a gateway to super powers. Then I'll be fucking unstoppable," he joked.

After she kissed his collarbone, he looked down to her and lifted her chin with his hand so he could place a kiss on her lips. "Let's go get power and pizza, then!" he said, helping her stand up from her position on his lap before getting out of his chair.

As they walked outside in the rain, Ricky held his umbrella over both of their heads, making it clear he was of course doing it for her and not at all to protect his own hairstyle. As they did walk, his attention was briefly drawn to two children jumping around in the puddles as their parents walked nearby. Snapping out of his observation, he turned to Julia. "You ever think about a life like that?" he curiously asked her. "Just a normal family, with a couple of kids, and a regular job where you can switch off at 5?" he asked, his tone free of any suggestion a joke was about to follow as would often be Ricky's style. "I keep thinking about how I don't need to live in that huge mansion. Sure, I grew up in it, but I'd have no problem selling it. No emotional attachment. Hell, I can't even go into my old childhood bedroom without remembering how shitty being a kid was. Imagine... selling up and living a life of leisure in some hot European country. No abuse, murder, violence, or corruption..." he trailed off.

Bellz Bellz (Julia)

Thomas Porter
En route to Cabin

~ The Baskins, Dublin ~
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 3.36.07 PM.png
Thomas pulled a confused look as Leo asked if he wanted him to get that. The adrenaline in his veins was still pumping through him, not letting him notice the knife sticking out of his shoulder. Seeing it in his peripheral vision, Thomas turned his head to look at him. "Oh..." Was all he could say, his mind distracting him too much as he listened to the forest around them. "I got it." He managed to tell Leo before grabbing the hilt and pulling it out with a disgusting scraping sound against his sliced flesh. Thomas let out a muffled groan and threw the thing to the ground.

Seeing his best friend bleeding, Thomas looked him over..."They got you good, dude." He said roughly. "If Nat wasn't going to kill you before...you can kiss both of our sorry asses goodbye, girlfriend or not." He tried to joke. "You going to be okay?"

They were getting close to the lights that he had seen earlier. If they ran, they would be able to get there in no time. Thomas was impatient and as far as he could hear, no one else was around. Blood flowed down his arm dripping down to the forest floor from his fingertips. His own blood hitting the leaves below and their heavy breathing being the only noise. The birds had even stopped chirping in the distance as night crept in, the final rays of the sun slipping behind the trees as if protecting themselves from the violence taking place.

The dark was not his friend and he was sure Leo shared the same sentiment. "Okay, we need to get going faster...I know what I said back at the car but if we don't make a run for it now...we'll be sitting ducks in this dark." Thomas said with a shake of his head, fighting off a wave of dizziness that threatened to control him. "Let's ge-" Thomas barely saw someone running towards Leo from behind, "LOOK OUT!" He said, shoving Leo out of the man's shot, expecting to throw himself to the ground with him. A bullet lodged itself neatly into his thigh, not getting past any muscle and he hoped it didn't hit any significant artery. Let out a cry...he reached for his throwing knife...aiming the best he could before letting it fly. It hit the man in the throat, Thomas pulled his eyes away, the gurgling sound was enough to make him puke on the spot.

"We-we gotta keep going. Run, now!" Thomas said to Leo, pulling himself up with effort, his leg screaming at him to take it easy as he helped his cousin to his feet. "You go ahead, I'll keep you covered, go! I'm right behind you." They started to run and Thomas did his best to keep up. He wasn't the fastest runner to begin with but the wound on his leg now was keeping him from going faster than a decent jog. He winced every step of the way, pulling his rifle out from behind him now. Being quiet wasn't the concern anymore, they were running out of daylight and out of time. Seeing Elena was the only thing his mind was focused on now, getting her to safety as well as Adam and Leo was the main goal. Everything else, including the rapid blood loss, was secondary.
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Elena Pyroclast Pyroclast

Harper King
Her Apartment
~ London ~
89cc514cec79699ca540e2e289a05f72.jpeg
Harper wasn't sure why she was so open to telling the man sitting before her everything. Maybe it was because he could understand her without fear of judgment. She knew her family loved her...she knew they would no matter what. But it was the disappointment behind their eyes that was the most damning to her, without them even having to say it. Her pride wouldn't allow it. Trevor, as terrible as a person he had been back in the day, understood exactly what she was going through. He had no room to judge her for her addiction or her faults. That and the man actually were wiser than she had anticipated. Maybe it was the faults and the mistakes he'd made in his life that made him that way.

Weirdly enough, Harper respected him for it. Respected that he had come to her today, that he'd been so open to talk to her despite facing the rest of her family. Him admitting his wrongdoings when he'd done nothing wrong to her specifically... was a big move. The eyes were the window to the soul and Harper could see the genuine regret in his...that mirrored the color of her own. Everyone thought her to be naive at 24 years old...but Harper had been wronged plenty of times to know when someone was genuinely sorry. Rarely did she let anyone else back in unless she could see that in their eyes.

Trevor had agreed that love could be suffocating...especially when it came at an inappropriate time. Jeremy's love...as much as Harper craved it...couldn't have come at a worse time. Her interpretation of what this relationship could be if she allowed him in was right, as her father confirmed that addiction got in the way...it wasn't enough for her parents to just love each other. Jeremy didn't have an addiction of course, but the relationship would always be one-sided. He loved the empty shell of her, fading with every pill she took until nothing left remained.

His question about what her plan was had her looking down at the table, not daring to meet his eyes as she answered in her head that she didn't really have a plan. His gaze bore into her and Harper eventually looked up to meet his eyes briefly. He asked who she was going to turn to for support on her addiction and she didn't answer. He asked what she was expecting and her eyes burned. She certainly wasn't expecting any of this. None of it. She felt like she could hardly move a centimeter without being in pain at just 24 years old. Harper had quit her job, and had to ask her Uncle for help with rent... everything that made her independent and made her feel secure was completely ripped away from her. Nothing felt in her control as it once had. Jeremy was taking care of her when he shouldn't have to...hell, he was currently with her as a distraction...from hurting herself.

Harper's lip trembled and she shook her head in frustration. He pointed out that it sounded like she was giving up and the truth was that she was. Without so much of a fight, in fact. She was too tired in too much pain...death sounded like a welcoming thing to bring her some sort of peace. Trevor said that she led him to believe that she was an independent and strong-willed person. Stubborn even. "Well...wasn't mum too?" Harper asked, her blue eyes looking up at her father with the same startling resemblance to Laura. He said she was already talking like a quitter and that it didn't add up. Harper remained quiet but her attention was on her father as he told her that she couldn't do this alone, that she needed to swallow her pride and let someone in.

Harper let the silence settle in for a long moment as her father finished speaking. Anyone she let in would be ruined forever if she didn't make it under their watch. It seemed like a selfish thing to do, to allow someone to see her in such misery, such pain....

She opened her mouth to speak finally but Jeremy's familiar frame caught her eye. Turning to look at him, she noticed his disheveled look as if he'd just woken up. But there was something else in his eyes that told her he'd heard everything. Harper didn't have the energy to narrow her eyes in her usual sassy way, she didn't have the heart to make a joke or comment. His voice was softer, still hoarse but...not cocky in the slightest as he asked if everything was alright. "Everything's fine. How are you holding up? " Harper asked, "Still look like hell I see." She attempted to tease, though her voice broke as she said it. "Would you both excuse me? I'm going to use the bathroom." Harper said, looking to her father and Jeremy before standing.

Hobbling towards where Jeremy was, she placed a hand on his shoulder delicately as she passed, giving it a light squeeze before disappearing around the corner to her restroom...
with: Trevor Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha

Harper's Apartment
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Trevor Stewart

1655987031559-png.996055
Trevor could see how frustrated Harper was and even though he knew she didn't have a plan, he'd posed the question to get her to think and acknowledge it. But even if it seemed like she was at a loss of what do to and talking like someone who had already quite, he was at least glad she wasn't trying to sugar-coat things and make out that she didn't have a problem. When he'd told her she was independent and strong-willed, Harper put forward that her mother had been too. Trevor had met her gaze and once again was being made strikingly aware of how much she looked like Laura. "Laura was stubborn, yes. When I met her she was younger than you are but she craved and loved her independence. But you're still very different to her, as are your circumstances. You come across as more a realist, Harper. Laura... she was an idealist and at times too optimistic for her own good." After awkwardly clearing his throat, he continued. "Had I been a better person, I would have done everything in my ability to help her - I was the one who should've helped her. You have a lot of people who wouldn't think twice about supporting you, but I get it. It's not easy to let them in and to feel like you might be putting a burden on them." Having spent a long time dealing with his own addiction, he felt he knew more than anyone what Harper was going through. Having more recently set about doing everything he could to become a better man and to try make up for the terrible things he'd done, he couldn't help but wonder if she'd let him in to help. She owed him nothing and he felt he owed her a lifetime of support. "Harper, what if I--" he began, his voice quietening to silence as he noticed Jeremy standing in the doorway.

Trevor could see the younger man didn't look as confident or as sure of himself as he had before. Perhaps his ego had taken a knock from the way Harper had quickly shot him down when he'd asked if the two were together. Or maybe he'd overheard some of the conversation the father and daughter had been having. Trevor remained silent as he let Harper speak to her male friend. She asked Jeremy how he was and made a comment about him still looking like hell. Trevor studied Jeremy's face to get an idea of how the young man was really feeling; to see if his face contradicted his words at all. Before much analysis could be done, Harper excused herself to go to the bathroom.

After his daughter had left the room, Trevor let out a sigh before standing up and deciding to address Jeremy rather than them standing around in an awkward silence. Motioning for the other man to come further into the room instead of standing in the doorway, Trevor casually placed his hands in his trouser pockets. "I have a reputation for being an arsehole, but on this occasion that wasn't my intention," he said, referring to his assumption Jeremy and Harper were dating. "Obviously I put Harper in an awkward and defensive position. But really, I don't much care if it's knocked your ego," he honestly pointed out. "With what she's going through right now, it just ain't the right time and it's actually wise of her to realise that, despite her clear feelings for you. I may not have been around long, but her priority from where I'm standing is to tackle her addiction. She can't do that if she's worried about hurting your feelings and starts holding back the reality of her problem to protect your relationship. She needs help and before she falls too deep," he said, though he was certain Jeremy would be fully aware by now. "I ain't welcome around here, I know that. But I can say from experience that she's going to struggle to get or even accept help from those closest to her."

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Jeremy)
Nearby: Bellz Bellz (Harper)

Jeremy reached up and touched Harper's hand as she passed, head turned to watch her as she rushed to the restroom. He furled his eyebrow looking at her, an ear tuned to listen to her movements. Something was up, it was written plain as day on her face. Although he was in no hurry to spend 'quality time' with Trevor, he couldn't shake the feeling that he should be running to stop Harper. Surely she hasn't lied earlier when she said she had given all the drugs to Darcey? That would be such an... Addict move. He sighed, sweeping his hand down his face, pulling on his chin as he struggled to decide what the right move would be. He heard Trevor, and truth be told, it didn't bother him what he said. There was no anger or looks of fiery retaliation, just solemn acceptance, a look resigned to the pain because it wasn't in him to give up.

He moved closer to Trevor, keeping his voice low, but not so far away he couldn't keep a partial lookout and listen on Harper. Something was shooting up a red flag in his mind so bright and so big it was taking everything not to rush in and check on her - something even he would normally never do.

"Whether you care or not, whether my ego took a knock or not, isn't important. This might surprise you to hear, but I am not pushing her, but I will not pretend I feel differently either. I love her, she knows it, it's not a secret, but I'm also not in any rush. She is the most important thing, and if it means waiting a life time, I will." He gave Trevor a steady gaze, not flinching away or trying to give any wrong ideas. "I am aware she needs help... I've offered to take her to meetings, groups, whatever she needs... All I care about is her getting better. I already almost lost her once, I don't want to let this disease eat her alive. My feelings aren't important, and it's likely she will hurt them again and again, but I am no where near so fragile that I still break. Love should be enduring, not disposable... Whether she chooses to keep me around as just her friend," the words caused a nasty taste in his mouth, "Or one day more, I will accept it. If I can't love her and accept her when things are bad, I don't deserve her at her best." Jeremy didn't intend it, but the last bit came out a bit snappy, as the thought that Trevor had deserted he and her brothers at a time that was bad for them so. He stopped before more s spilled out, holding up a quiet hand in apology.

"Personally, Trevor, I don't care if Harper wants to spend time with you. She's an adult, no one can tell her what to do with her life, I am only here to make sure she's safe doing whatever it is she decides to do. Yes, I have a responsibility to the company, which you are well aware of, but I also have a responsibility to her and myself. So long as you don't go prying to much into things that are not within the realm of pertaining to Harper - Spencer, Billy, Alex, Bruce, the business - I will not cause problems." Jeremy turned back to look at the bathroom, waving a few fingers at her direction. It hurt Jeremy to say it, and the struggle was apparent on his face as he tried to find the words, but in a whisper just between the two men in a voice that spoke of both the fear, the pain, and the self hate at even thinking the thought, he asked, "If you were in Harper's shoes... What would you be rushing to the restroom for...?"

Lucy Porter
Blake McCarthy

The Sullivan House

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

3573eea31a142a5d906995ddd2fbf345.jpeg
Lucy let out a laugh as Sinead told her to be grateful that she only had to hear about Peter's golf obsession over the phone. "Dull, indeed. I'd rather watch paint dry." Lucy hummed.

Unsurprisingly, Ali agreed with Blake's suggestion that alcohol could fix all the world's problems. As unhealthy as it may sound, Ali and her had spent many nights sharing a bottle waiting for Conor and Jackson to get home from a job. Lucy and Sinead indulged in it when it was a big job as well. Blake could see the mischievous look in her best friend's eyes. Raising a brow, Ali said that Blake would be doing the same tricks once she finally secured Adam once and for all. "Oh I can feel the hangovers already." The blonde groaned, the smile on her face meeting her eyes very briefly.

"Oh Sin, you know I will take you home!" Lucy said sweetly to her little sister, "That or I'll get James to be on chauffeur duty! Oh it would be just like the old days. We could chat him up until his ears fall off. I'm sure he'll hate it." The blonde said with a laugh before laughing even more as Sinead said if she kept drinking she'd only end up giving Conor a piece of her mind. "It'll be just like we're all teenagers in Chicago again. Me holding you two back from trying to murder each other. Do you remember when he tried to wear your favorite pair of shoes? That stupid dare his friends put him up to...you were so mad!" Lucy loved to reminiscence and it felt like it had been a while since she'd done it with her siblings...it had been a long time since they'd all been on good terms.

The conversation went on and Blake had quieted down once more as she looked towards the windows again. Ali's question about Natasha pulled her out of her zoning and Blake looked to her best friend with a sigh and a shake of her head. "She refuses to come out of her room. Your boy did a number on her, if he wasn't your kid I would have kicked his ass by now. I hardly see Natasha cry these days." Blake grumbled with another shake of her head.

She let out a chuckle as Ali put all the family gathering responsibility on Lucy. "Hey! I can't do everything!" Lucy protested but Blake shook her head, " Says the woman who has her wrapping paper and party favors color-coded and labeled by occasion. You love it and you know it!" Lucy smirked, before rolling her eyes. "I guess I could spearhead that." The subject was then changed by Michelle, who suggested they play Never have I ever.

"Oh Jesus, I'm going to be the drunkest here aren't I?" Blake said, looking around the room at the woman. It wasn't unknown that she'd done some...questionable things in life especially after she'd gotten together with Jackson. It was a miracle that he had passed on the job and not on some alcohol-fueled adventure they'd taken many times before. Reckless they were, a small fond smile formed on her lips at the memory. It was a fleeting momentary distraction before Adam popped back into her head. He said he would call her later today...she told him that she'd be here...

aa4d1ce44886728f4414fd284c5bd319.jpeg

Blake put 5 fingers up, her eyes looking to the phone across the room as she did. Clearly distracted once more. Lucy put 5 fingers up as well, "I think this game might be rigged, all of us are way older than you are Michelle, far more experience and time to do stupid things! But I'm not one to turn down a game!" Hearing the first thing Michelle said she never did initiate the first kiss suddenly brought up a terribly uncomfortable memory. Lucy had kissed James the night she killed Vincenzo Romano's wife. Michelle's maternal Grandmother. Putting a finger down regardless, Lucy kept her mouth shut, allowing Ali to speak.

Blake had to think back for a moment, her fingers hesitating. She remembered it like it was yesterday both of her kisses. Nearly having fallen down the stairs and snapped her ankle, Blake had limped towards Jackson as he started to walk away. He kissed her first that night. The kiss that solidified their forever...even after death...as they vowed to each other on their wedding day. And then her kiss with Adam, which she had boldly initiated herself despite feeling conflicted. Letting one finger fall, Blake was saddened by both kisses, as a reminder of what she lost and what she was primed to lose.

The sadness was only temporary as Ali then gave another prompt and this time a laugh bubbled past both Blake and Lucy's lips. "Wait a damn minute! You are with my brother and you've never taken a nude photo?!" Lucy asked before rethinking her question, "Wait...don't say anything more please." She said, making a disgusting face before putting a finger down. Blake did the same, her cheeks flushing. "This one is easy, never have I ever been with a blonde." Blake smirked.
with: Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Michelle BasDorcha BasDorcha

Bad Guy's Cabin
~The Baskins, Dublin~
Leo Sullivan
117348_0545b-730x521.jpg

Watching Thomas pull the knife out of his own shoulder caused Leo to grimace. He'd seen people get stabbed before but that didn't mean it got easier. It still made his skin crawl to watch a blade exit and the noise didn't help any. He kept his eyes on his cousin to make sure he was alright. The adrenaline seemed to be masking any of the pain his body should've been feeling at that moment. Though he worried about the man's wounds, he was grateful the hormone had kicked into high gear. It wasn't until Thomas pointed out Leo's gunshot wound that he was starting to appreciate it in his own body. He'd felt something hot upon the initial entry but thought little to nothing of it. Now, he knew what it was. Leo followed Thomas' eyes until his own landed on the wound in his lower abdomen. It stung to touch, but that was the only pain he was feeling from it. He didn't know how much time he had until that adrenaline faded away, but he knew they needed to get this done before it had.

Leo managed a dry chuckle at Thomas' joke, keeping his head on a swivel and the cabin in sight. "Yeah, for sure. I'd say keep it between us but, let's be honest. Women find out everything." Leo took a moment to gather himself, checking over his wound. The bullet hadn't exited, and though Leo didn't know for sure what that meant he knew it couldn't be good. He had to close his eyes and take a deep breath to prevent himself from freaking out. It was his first gunshot wound and he didn't know what to expect from it. Olivier, he thought. He'd be able to get rid of it and patch him up... Right? Instead of continuing to freak himself out from the possibility of dying and proving his now ex-girlfriend right, he nodded his head. "Yeah, I'll be fine. You?"

The two of them shared sentiment about how dark it was getting- Leo also worried about the state of their bodies. The blood loss was sure to catch up with them sooner or later, though Leo hoped for the latter. However, just before Leo had a chance to share that with his cousin, he was shoved to the ground. If he wasn't feeling that gunshot before, he definitely was- adrenaline be damned. Leo let out a small whimper, rolling onto his hands and knees to find out what was going on. The moment he heard a gun go off he reached for his own weapon as panic was starting to set in. "Thomas," he said through gritted teeth, aiming for the silent assailant. At the same time, Thomas had thrown his knife into the man's throat, and Leo let off a couple of rounds. If by some miracle the knife didn't kill him, Leo's sloppy gunshot would have. Leo immediately looked around them once more to make sure they were safe for real this time before taking a deep breath. It was all getting to be a bit much for Leo, but he knew he asked for this. And it was because he asked for this he would shut up and deal with it.

Thomas then expressed what Leo was thinking - fuck the plan and just get to the cabin. The sun had given the moon its domain, darkness settling in and they'd run out of time. Thomas urged Leo to run ahead of him and, as per usual, he hesitated. Sure, he understood the importance of securing Elena and Adam and making sure they were okay. He had even promised his cousin that he would but Leo just... Couldn't. He couldn't have Thomas leaving his sight and have something happening to him. But then again, this is how it went, right? Clenching his jaw he started to move towards the light of the cabin. Though Thomas' wincing sent another list of worries, Leo continued forwards. He had to. Otherwise, what was all of this for?

By the time they'd reached the cabin, Leo was horribly out of breath. His lungs were on fire and his chest felt heavier than ever. As much as he wanted to catch his breath he had one more thing to take care of first. With his rifle clutched between his hands he wanted to check around the cabin. How fucking horrible would it be, he wondered, to get here and get taken out right at the end? His mother would kill him. His father. His sisters. His ex. They had to be careful here. Leo took a brief second to take a peek through the windows, not seeing any shadows. He wasn't able to see much through the muck, sucking in air through his teeth in frustration. Leo turned to Thomas, glancing at his wound before looking back up at him. "I don't see anyone. I'm gonna go 'round back- sneak through the back door and make sure there's no one there. Count to 60 and then come through, okay?" Leo hadn't even waited for Thomas to finish before he crept around the cabin, staying close to the side.

The moment he made it to the back a shadow moved and just as he turned towards it a fist hit him in the face. He dropped his gun, stumbling backward before turning his attention to what seemed to be the only person left. The man only had a knife on him, which was both good and bad for Leo; considering he'd let himself be disarmed. With his fists up, Leo waited for the man to attack him again. He tried to bring the knife down on him, Leo putting his arms up before redirecting the blow to the assailant. With what little strength he had left and managed to force the knife into the man's stomach before kicking him back. While the man was distracted, Leo quickly picked up his gun and fired on him before hearing that empty click of his gun. "Does it ever fuckin' stop?" He muttered, finally kicking in the back door. Once he'd made sure his area was secure he made his way towards the front room where Thomas would be, stopped by the dead body on the ground. With a curious brow, he looked at Thomas. "Adam," he asked curiously, hearing a creak from upstairs. Cautiously Leo made his way up, checking each room- making sure they were clear, and when he finally found Adam and Elena his eyes grew wide.

Adam ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Thomas ( Bellz Bellz )
Elena ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )

Gwen Costello
Lorelei Costello

Lorelei's Place

~ Dublin City Center, Dublin ~

6698e40bfb774888826a4a0bfcc56045 (1).jpeg
Gwen had led them to the living room area and Cian didn't waste a second pouncing on Benjie. "Careful, kiddo!" Gwen scolded, watching the kid barrel head first at Benjie. "I apologize now, Kurt, for my son's plethora of energy. Get's it from his father though Jason will swear till the cows come home that it comes from me." Gwen shook her head with a small laugh, watching her young son interact with Benjie. "Oh he insisted we watch it. Made Jason and I sit down with him. If Superman weren't so handsome I think I'd have more of a problem with it...but ya know, I have particular tastes in men." Gwen said with a chuckle.

Cian's attention unsurprisingly switched to Kurt in a heartbeat. Before Gwen could tell Cian to introduce himself to Kurt, he ran off towards the kitchen with toys in hand. The redhead let out a soft sigh, "That boy keeps me young and on my toes. He doesn't meet a lot of new people but he warms up to almost anyone within a matter of minutes, isn't that right Benjie?" Gwen said looking at the younger man. Gwen was never one to shy away from the conversation and was a natural host. She was sure Lorelei was putting the final touches on dinner while simultaneously telling Jason to behave himself so Gwen didn't mind entertaining her guests a moment.

"So Kurt? How does it feel to be in Dublin? I know the circumstances lately haven't been ideal. But getting out of the states has to be freeing?" Gwen danced around his time in prison, finding it rude of her to bring it up so openly. Instead, she thought he'd share the same distaste she had for the United States, given everything that happened to them there. "I know when James got back, it took him some time to get used to things again. We don't know each other well but it seems that our children are rather taken with each other. Given your connections with my brother and with my daughter now that practically makes you family, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask." Gwen said, her dazzling smile making it clear that he didn't have to doubt her on those words.

tumblr_pa0h974Rkk1u6y5pto8_r1_540.png

Lorelei had stepped back into the kitchen moments ago, after fixing her appearance one more time before dinner. She looked a bit worried, the reflection staring back at her didn't seem as confident as she normally was. Just as she got into the kitchen, her little brother zoomed past her. He alerted their father that a man was at the house and Lorelei let out a little laugh.

"Come on, booger. I'll set you in your booster seat." Lorelei told her brother, moving to pick him up before he took off. She laughed again, shaking her head along with her father. He then asked what she thought of Kurt, asking if he seemed okay. "He seems sweet, just like Benjie. That's more than okay in my book." Lorelei said with a smile. "Thank you for helping me with this, I know mom is more of the entertainer out of the two of you." Her tone was teasing as she put the finishing touches on things, moving to grab the roast and placed it in the center of the table. Everything looked perfect.

Moving to stand next to her father, she reached up on her toes to place a kiss on his cheek. "You promise you'll be good, dad? No hostility. You were in his shoes at one point, don't think I don't remember that thanksgiving dinner." Lorelei made a face and shivered. "I remember too much of it, in fact." She pointed out before sighing. "Alright I'll go grab them, you should probably find Cian before he gets into my makeup bag again, I've been getting good at hiding it but he's been getting good at finding it eventually." Lorelei murmured with a smile.

Lorelei moved back into the living room, leaning against the entryway before clearing her throat. "Hope you're all hungry, it's time to eat!" Strategically seating them was all important. At a large table that seated enough for 6, Lorelei kept Benjie and Kurt next to each other as she sat on the other side of him. Her mother and father could sit next to each other on the other side with Cian in arms reach of Gwen. Knowing that most of the introductions were out of the way, Lorelei looked to her father and Kurt allowing them to shake hands before sitting down. "Kurt, this is my father Jason Costello. I think you two have a lot more in common than you might initially realize." She said that more to persuade her father, smiling kindly at them both before taking a seat next to Benjie.
with: Kurt + Jason + Cian Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Benjie Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Sullivans Pub

James Porter

1655678746302-png.995236
James nodded his head when Tom said he didn't believe in lying. "Good. I don't have time for liars," he gruffly told the young man. "Do you think she's oblivious to the issues between us and the Kings? Because we can work with that, and you'd need to have her get out of London, for her own sake. But if she's aware or even in on the Kings' business, then I don't know how that's going to go down. She might be related to Conor, but he wouldn't take kindly to her being friendly with them. You're going to have to make a choice too," he pointed out. "If your sister is working with them and chooses to continue doing so, then your loyalty is also going to be put into question. Not sure many of us can trust ya if there's suspicions you and her are feeding information to the Kings." James had been well ingrained into the Sullivan business by the time he learned his mother was Vinnie Romano's - the enemy's - cousin. Thankfully for him, his loyalty had been unquestionable and his hatred for the Romanos was without doubt, so the Sullivans had never had reason to question James' loyalty to them. And that was before James went on to kill Vinnie Romano with his bare hands and without sentiment for the man being his mother's cousin. Tom was new to the family business and hadn't done anywhere near enough to warrant such trust, which was why James was being realistic on the situation.

"This business is all I've ever known. My old man worked for Emmet Sullivan since before I was even born. So I get where you're coming from. I've mostly retired from the business now," he explained, with the odd few recent exceptions and his general help in an advisory capacity. "But fixing cars and looking after the grandkids isn't quite the same, not after a lifetime of fighting and adrenaline," he admitted. "Although, it is nice knowing my chances of being gunned down or tortured have significantly reduced since I got out of jail a few weeks back. Chances are still high, mind you..." He slowly shook his head. "You need to decide where your loyalties lie and if that's working for this family's business, then you're going to have to work hard to prove it."

When Tom asked if there was anyone who could do some digging, James lightly shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, mate. When Syd and Conor find out, they're probably going to do more digging than you'll ever need," he said, not sugar-coating matters. When offered a cigarette, James didn't hesitate to accept and light one up. "Thanks... Yeah, you give her a call," he suggested. He was still weighing up how suspicious he should now be of the situation with May associating so closely with the Kings. Still, it was for Conor and Syd to decide on now. James would simply offer them his own advice.

For the sake of not ruining his evening in the pub, James decided to let Tom continue sitting and talking with him. Thankfully, the young man made it easy by changing the subject and suggesting doing something fun. He noticed Tom's gaze land on a pretty girl before he suggested playing pool. Whether it was just a ploy by Tom to get the woman to notice him or genuinely wanting to play pool, James decided to humour the situation. "Old man? Don't you bloody start," he said, taking a long drag of his cigarette. "Got enough with Sinny and the others calling me old... However. I'll have you know I was kicking ass at pool lonng before you were even born, kid. You don't stand a chance," he warned him.

Approaching the pool table, James used his thumb to motion for a couple of men leaning against the pool table to go away. "Shift, lads," he grumbled, to which they knew better than to argue about. With the cigarette balanced between his lips, James proceeded to set up the balls for his and Tom's game.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Tom)

Cabin in the Woods
~ The Baskins, Dublin ~

Elena Velazco

ezgif.com-gif-maker (34).gifHearing that Thomas had been looking for her since she was first taken drew fresh tears to her eyes. To think she had given up on him, even letting herself believe he was dead, was such a contrast to the truth that she could barely wrap her head around it. Elena let her eyes close, causing tears to roll down her face as Adam confirmed to her that there were more men surrounding the cabin that Thomas and Leo would have to fight through. She felt like a princess in a fairytale, trapped in a castle guarded by a dragon and awaiting rescue. At least she had her father to keep her company, though if the two men didn’t make it then Adam would surely be killed…and she would be helpless to save him.

The man went on to explain that it was the same men torturing her who had given her location away, which made her realise that he had willingly walked into a trap to find her. That, for whatever reason, they had wanted to kill him, and had kidnapped her in order to get him where they wanted him. Recalling the way he had been forced to his knees and had had a gun put to his head, Elena could now hardly breathe for the tears she was shedding. Despite how much she looked up to and believed in her father, it seemed like a miracle that he had survived.

She continued to choke back sobs, her body trapped in a state of overwhelming and breathless panic, but when Adam asked her if she had the energy to keep fighting, she managed to nod her head. If she wanted to go home, she really had no choice - whatever it took, it was a better option than just staying still while her father continued to bleed from his fresh stab wound. While she leaned forward over her lap and fought against the urge to be sick, Elena hardly noticed Adam leave her side. When she finally looked up, the first thing that struck her was that he was standing; it gave her some hope that he was still strong enough to walk and that he would be able to leave the cabin with her.

She watched him load a firearm and it was then that she noticed that he had changed into a clean shirt. Her tears dried, finding it much easier to look at him now that he wasn’t completely covered in someone else’s blood. Following where he pointed, her eyes landed on a handgun beside the bed and at his instruction, she picked it up. She turned it in her hand, trying to familiarise herself with the parts she might need to use, and hoping she wouldn’t have to. “I have it,” she confirmed to him, struggling to make her voice audible.

The thought of reaching a payphone sounded hopeful - but Adam’s plan seemed to involve her driving alone, and Elena was waiting for him to tell her what part he would be playing in the meantime. But instead, he just ushered her out of the room, where she then did her best to help him down the stairs. The sight of Jay’s feet at the bottom of the stairwell made the room spin and for a moment she felt like she was going to faint. In the end, however, she made it to the bottom, and immediately looked away from the dead body. Adam asked her if she could drive, to which she nodded. When Shane’s corpse came into view, the pool of blood still slowly expanding around him, she let out a gasp and turned into her father’s side. But the body was the least of her troubles.

Adam outlined the plan for her to take the set of car keys that had been left on the kitchen counter and take the pick-up truck. The thought of leaving the cabin when there may still be men on the perimeter sounded terrifying enough, but when he told her to keep driving even if he didn’t make it, she shook her head. “No,” she whimpered. “You come with me!” Her desperate eyes welled up again when he called her his brave daughter and she had to bite down on her lip to stop her from bursting into tears.

BANG.

Elena screamed, spinning towards the source of the gunshot that had been fired just outside the cabin. In her trembling hands she held the handgun outstretched and instinctively stepped in front of Adam. Her heart was pounding so heavily that it hurt to breathe, but she was far too alert to do anything about it, too afraid that their attacker would burst in at any moment.

It was a good thing she hadn’t switched the safety off, because the second the figure stepped into view, her fear compelled her to pull the trigger. The click of the gun caused her to open her eyes wide, and that’s when she realised that the man standing in front of her wasn’t an attacker at all. It was Leo. Shaking, Elena dropped the gun and stumbled over to him. She had only known him for a minute or two back at the casino, but the relief she felt upon seeing that he had made it to the cabin was enough for her to throw her arms around him, a pained sob escaping her in the process.

When she was able to get a word out, she raised her head slightly and croaked, “Tomás?”

Why wasn’t Thomas with him? Had he not made it, too? The nightmarish thought almost had her breaking down again, but another then distracted her; as she was leaning heavily against Leo, she could feel something warm and wet leaking onto her stomach. Confused, she pushed herself away from him, only to see that the man had an open bullet wound in his abdomen and was bleeding heavily. Gripped in a state of pure terror, Elena gave a strangled gasp and turned back to face Adam, hardly able to see in front of her as the dizziness and tears took over. The overwhelming panic convinced her that they had arrived too late - soon enough to find her, but not enough to make it home. He was bleeding too much, everyone was bleeding too much, there were bodies everywhere, and at the realisation that she might have to watch them die, too, Elena couldn’t take it anymore. Whilst trying to find her father in the swirling darkness of her vision, her body gave out and she collapsed...

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Leo
Bellz Bellz Tomás

thoughts of suicide

Harper King
Her Apartment

~ London ~
89cc514cec79699ca540e2e289a05f72.jpeg
Harper had barely made it into her personal bathroom. Her legs wobbled like she was a newborn deer on ice the entire way. Once the door was shut, she immediately regretted it. Now she was alone with her thoughts, alone in the very room she still had a stash hidden. The blonde looked over to the toilet, more specifically at the toilet tank. Out of sheer desperation weeks ago, she had hidden a stash in there, hidden in multiple airtight bags. The wave of nausea hit her again as she stared at it, causing her to lean forward at the sink, hands firmly bracing it as if the whole room were rocking like a ship on choppy waters. Her mouth grew dry ready to be sick as her stomach churned.

Come on... She groaned quietly, reaching up her hands to slap her face lightly. Harper needed to snap out of it, she knew she did. Trevor was right, any of her family would be there for her. Even at her worst, which she felt she'd certainly hit. Looking up at her reflection, she loathed the woman that stood before her. Somehow, even though he'd got the shit beat out of him a few days ago, Harper looked worse for wear than Jeremy did. The permanent purple marks under her eyes were heavy with bags, her skin was clammy always so fucking sweaty.

And remembering a time when she didn't look like this was starting to get harder and harder. The ache that never went away all over her body was getting worse and all she could remember was pain, emotional, mental, and physical. She was trying her best, but Trevor had asked her what she expected...she certainly didn't expect this.

Looking back to the toilet, Harper's jaw clenched gripping the sink as tightly as she could. The temptation was killing her, the thoughts in her head becoming muddled by the humming coming from the tank. It was like a bee, buzzing annoyingly in her ear. Swatting it away wasn't going to do her any good, it would just keep coming back to annoy her. It was sitting in there, begging her to take just one little pill. One little pill that would take away everything, the pain, the sickness...temporarily though -- only fleeting relief.

Harper looked down at the sink bowl now, wondering how she was going to do this for the rest of her life. What if she took control of it...in another way? Taking them all at once would do what she needed, and end her pain from continuing. A sob escaped her at the thought, shaking her head and moving her hands to her head to pull at her pretty blonde hair that now seemed dull in color.

People loved her. She was wanted, alive. But was she really alive if she was in this much pain? Would her family want her to be in this much pain? To suffer through it just for the sake of their own peace of mind. The buzzing hum was getting louder and louder in her ear to the point where she couldn't hear the faint voices from her kitchen any longer. Her body overcome with adrenaline and anxiety felt abnormally hot to the point that all feeling was gone.

Feeling something, anything was better than the grip that was holding her at that moment. When she looked back in the mirror, she saw a black figure next to her. Harper let out a scream and reached into her drawer, finding the scissors she often used to cut the dead ends of her hair. Turning around, she swiped in a downward motion. Searing pain caused her to gasp quietly, sucking in a breath, she could finally feel again. Relief spread over her features but that feeling was quickly washed away as she felt something warm sliding down her leg and into the hand that held the scissors. Looking down, Harper let out a strangled cry. She had stabbed herself. "J-Jeremy!!" She cried out, trying to ease herself away from the door to sit on the toilet, the scissors clattering to the floor as she watched the blood continue to pool.
with: Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha ; Trevor Misty Gray Misty Gray

Thomas Porter
The Cabin

~ The Baskins, Dublin ~
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 3.36.07 PM.png
By the time they had both reached the cabin, Thomas felt like he couldn't move another inch. Everybody part was screaming at him to stop. His head felt light and he was sure he'd lost so much blood that if he didn't see a doctor soon, things would get sticky. Regardless, Thomas put on a brave face, checking the perimeter as they both looked around the area of the cabin. Not a soul in sight. Even the forest seemed to be devoid of life, the breeze had stopped as if it was holding its breath. Clenching his teeth, Thomas looked down at his leg. Blood soaked his pant leg. Gritting his teeth, he shoved off his long sleeve shirt, wearing nothing but a tank top underneath. Tying it around his leg tightly, he shoved out shallow breaths to keep from making any other noise.

He needed to get to her. He needed her. There was no way he could go back to the lonely life he once lived. Thomas never let anyone in before and now that he had, he wasn't going to lose the one person he trusted with his life. Pressed up against the cabin, Leo peered up through the window, and when he turned to him. Thomas wanted to protest what he said. Knowing they both could see the condition he was in, Thomas only nodded. "Be safe." He grunted out.

Once he was gone, Thomas pushed himself from the cabin wall and forced himself to walk forward towards the tree line. It was dark, but Thomas could see well enough. No one was around, and he was starting to feel confident that they had taken care of the men surrounding the area when suddenly he was hit with the butt of a rifle. He fell face down, catching himself barely. The man who hit him hopped out of a tree. Thomas tried to push himself back up but the man hit him with the butt of the rifle once more -- this time on his back. Thomas let out a strangled cry in pain, turning so that he could pull his own rifle that he was laying on to shoot the man.

Once on his back, the man pressed his foot into his neck, pulling the rifle from his hands and tossing it far away. Thomas reached his hands up, gasping for air as the man painfully pressed his foot harder and harder on his neck. "Killing you quick would be too much mercy, I want to watch the life leave your pitiful eyes." The man said in a heavy Irish accent. Thomas continued to claw at the man's foot, trying in vain to get him off. He tried until he didn't have enough air left, his hands falling flat to his sides...

istockphoto-181123749-170667a.jpeg
"Are you going to talk now?" His captor asked Thomas, knowing full well the man couldn't talk as he was being nearly drowned. His captor motioned for his men to let up. Thomas let out a gasp, screaming as his throat burned and his brain tried to focus. He was chained in the middle of the room, his bare back hunched over a giant water bucket. It heaved heavily as he tried to regain his breath. His captor stepped forward, his shoes clicking against the stone as he stopped in front of Thomas. Kneeling down, the Iranian man lifted Thomas's chin, his mask covering the true identity of his face. "You'd rather die at the hands of your enemy than give away your country's secrets?" The man asked earnestly, Thomas spit in his face and the man just laughed. But Thomas knew that was going to cost him...just like everything else he did would do.

"You know they have forgotten about you? Your country? Your family...everyone." The man said, his accent thick as he let out another low chuckle. "You are American...if your country has proven one thing...it's that their men are easily replaceable. Easily forgotten. We'll do what we did to the rest. Breaking you slowly...because killing you quickly would be too much mercy...for the sins you will pay for your country."

He let Thomas's head drop before a man came over with a red hot branding spear. With the snap of his captor's fingers, Thomas was shoved back under the water, his screams muffled by the cool liquid as they branded his back. The last thought running through his head was that maybe his family did forget....

As he was on the brink of passing out for good, Thomas heard Elena scream. His eyes snapped open, his face and lips turning purple as the man continue to press with his foot. Thomas reached his hand into his pants, reaching desperately for the knife on his ammo belt. His hands shook so hard that he was convinced he wouldn't make it, that he would fail Elena, Adam, and Leo. Finally, his hands gripped the hilt of his knife and with all the strength he could muster, he slammed it into the man's Achilles heel. The man roared and fell forward onto Thomas. He gasped as his foot kicked him in the face as it left his neck, sucking in as many deep breaths as he could before pulling himself out from under the man.

Thomas took a moment to regain his breath completely before kicking the man with his good leg several times. Once he was turned over onto his back, Thomas looked him in the eyes, "You're right...killing you quickly would be too much mercy." He murmured before slicing the man's throat and throwing the knife out of reach. Turning his attention to the cabin, Thomas did his best to ignore the strangled gurgling sound coming from the man as he forced himself to run towards the back door.

He arrived just as Elena started to collapse. "NO!" He cried hoarsely, his voice completely ruined from being almost choked to death. "Grab her!" He barked at Leo. Once they ensured she didn't hit the ground, Thomas looked around wildly to make sure no one else was around to harm them. Motioning for Leo to let Thomas pick up Elena, once in his arms, he cuddled her close. Tears streamed down his dirty, blood-soaked face in a silent cry. "Elena?" He croaked before looking up at Adam. "We'll take the truck back to our car. It's waiting about a quarter mile out."
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Elena Pyroclast Pyroclast

The Sullivans Pub

Isabella Velazco

1658009342211.png“YOU!”

Martin looked up from behind the bar in alarm, half-expecting to see his ex-wife - who else would ever shout at him like that? But the woman storming over to the bar wasn’t anyone he knew - far too beautiful to be mistaken for his ex, with long, wavy blonde hair, a slender figure and sharp features.

“Can I help you, miss?”

“You work here!” Seething with anger, Isabella dug out of her purse a small piece of paper and began to read from it the address of the pub. “It is this place?”

“This is the Sullivans Pub, aye,” he confirmed, raising an eyebrow at her. “Are ye’ lost?”

“Elena also work here - Elena Velazco. Where is she?!”

Martin narrowed his eyes at the woman, before glancing over at James. “She’s not here,” he told her. Her accent was noticeable, similar to Elena’s, yet Martin had never seen her before and he found it suspicious that she expected him to know where she was, given that nobody had seen her for almost a week. “What is this about?”

“Esa chica ingrata - she disappear!” Isabella huffed, her hands resting on her hips. “I come to find her and bring her home. She escape.”

“Wait, what do you mean ‘escaped’?” Martin asked in a more urgent tone. He glanced over at the ex-mob boss and his young associate who he had been serving for a short time. “James?” he called over to the man. “We might have information here.”

Turning back to Isabella, Martin leaned forward against the bar and focused his attention on her. “Who are you?” he demanded. “What do you know about her disappearance?”

The woman looked confused for a moment as she wondered if she was misunderstanding the English being spoken. But her anger and determination didn’t abate. “Ella se escapó!” she spat.

“Escapó? Escape? From where? No one’s seen her for days, how do you know she managed to escape?” The stress of not knowing where Elena was or if she was safe and alive had been gradually taking a toll on him. Ideas of Elena being kept alive somewhere and then managing to escape were forming in his head and he found himself struggling to keep his cool as his worry for her safety increased. “Who are you?”

Comemierda - who am I?,” she growled, glaring back at the man addressing her. "I am her mother! She escape from her HOME, from Cuba! So you tell me where is my daughter, NOW!”

Martin swallowed nervously and stood up straight, glancing over to James. That this woman was already livid yet didn’t seem to know that her daughter had been kidnapped made him wonder what she would do if he told her more.

“Why no one sees her for days?” she demanded, eyeing the three men with a piercing glare.

“She was…taken,” he explained, to which Isabella shot him a quizzical eye. “Five days ago. No one has seen her since.”

“Five days and no one knows where she is?!” Isabella threw her hands up in the air and let out an exasperated sigh. For all the stress of her daughter’s betrayal and the awful, tiresome journey she had had to make to reach Dublin, only to learn that Elena was missing, she felt like she might cry. She turned away from the men for a moment to make sure she was composed, and then spun around to face them once again.

“Ay, montón de imbéciles…” she muttered under her breath, pinching the bridge of her nose. “Vale - if no one sees my Elena for five days, so where is her papa? Hm?” She jerked a finger in Martin’s direction, then swivelled it round to James. “Adam Harper? You tell me where is he right now!”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray James
BasDorcha BasDorcha Tom

Harper's Apartment

Trevor Stewart

1655987031559-png.996055
Trevor listened as Jeremy proceeded to assure him that he wasn't pushing Harper. He made it clear that he loved her and she was aware of it, prompting a simple nod from the older man. He also explained that he'd offered to taken her to groups for help and anything else she needed. "That's good. As long as you're aware this won't be easy. No matter how much you try, there may be times when what she needs isn't what she wants. You've got to be ready to face that too," he knowingly told him. There had been times during his marriage to Laura that they had tried to get clean. Whilst Trevor had tended to fight the addiction better than Laura ever could, he hadn't had the commitment back then to seeing it through for the both of them. No matter how much he knew she needed to get clean, he struggled to deny her what she wanted; he would buckle under the pressure of seeing her so desperate that he'd end up just handing her the drugs she cried out for.

The way Jeremy made a snappy comment to him drew out a scoff from Trevor, but he decided now wasn't an appropriate time for snide remarks and cockiness. The young man made it clear he wasn't going to get in the way of Harper spending more time with him, clearly able to acknowledge that she was a grown up. When Jeremy went on to warn him about prying too much, Trevor lightly shook his head. "Yeah, alright, tough guy. I don't give a shit about the business those fellas have going on. That's a kind of complication I really don't need in my life... But Billy and Alex are old enough to make their own choices outside of the business," he pointed out. Trevor had no doubts he would never repair the damage where Bruce and Spencer were concerned, but he hadn't completely ruled out things with Alex and Billy.

Despite that subject, when Jeremy lowered his voice to shift to another topic, Trevor was able to speak on a level and free of any hostility, likely because it related to Harper. "If I were in Harper's shoes?" he asked, thinking back to the peak times of his own drug addiction. "There could be a number of reasons why she'd want to rush to the bathroom. She might just need the toilet, or maybe she needs some space to breathe on her own. It can be overwhelming and suffocating in her position, no matter how good our intentions." After a brief sigh, he decided Jeremy wanted to be told straight. "But there was a time when the bathroom was a place where he hid my drug stash. Found the perfect spots." Holding his hand out, as if pre-empting his honesty prompting Jeremy wanting to go check on Harper, he subtly shook his head. "It's tough, but you have to decide if you've got real reason to go checking up on her. If she thinks you're invading her privacy and watching her every move, she could get defensive and feel she has to hide things from you. It's risky, but you have to choose your battles," he suggested.

However, the moment he heard Harper cry out Jeremy's name, Trevor quickly nodded his head and looked towards the bathroom. "That's as clear an invite as you'll ever get," he commented, expecting Jeremy would rush to see what Harper needed.

Nearby: BasDorcha BasDorcha (Jeremy) Bellz Bellz (Harper)

Woodlands/Farmland Area & Ginn's House
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Adam Harper & George Sullivan

909655e60da83e90557fafa2450bf884-jpg.996983
The moment he heard the back door being kicked in, Adam instinctively raised his rifle and aimed it at the door. Although the motion caused all kinds of discomfort in him, the adrenaline of the moment took over. Having had the training and experience in these kinds of situations, Adam was able to make split second decisions, and even though his reasoning was somewhat skewed by the exhaustion of the evening, he was able to recognise Leo before he fired any bullets. He heard the clicking of Elena's gun and on this occasion he was grateful that she'd failed to switch off the safety. Adam lowered his gun and cautiously set it down on the worktop next to him, prepared to grab it again if needed. At the same time, he heard the handgun Elena had been been holding drop to the floor. "Está bien," he quietly reassured her.

"Leo..." Adam greeted the man. Any relief he had at seeing Leo was cancelled out by the dire situation and the fact he couldn't see Thomas. Before Elena had wrapped her arms around Leo, Adam had caught sight of the blood on the young man's torso. He didn't ask about it yet, waiting to hear how Leo replied to Elena asking about Thomas. Before there was much time for an answer, Elena had become aware of Leo's heavy bleeding and as she let out an audible gasp, she turned to Adam. Able to see the signs in his daughter's tired and overwhelmed features, he was able to stumble forward just in time to catch her in his arms before she could hit the wooden floor. His injured leg buckled under the pressure of the action but he was able to land on the knee of his healthier leg and take the brunt of any fall so Elena didn't have to. He was glad to hear Thomas' familiar voice shouting out, but there was too much going on to express his relief.

When Thomas spoke of using the truck to get back to the car, Adam nodded his head and briefly held out the keys into view. "Thomas, I need you to run upstairs and grab some towels from the bathroom," he instructed him, having in that moment determined he looked to be the one of them with the most remaining ability to do so fast. "We'll need to stop at my car as we pass. Grab the weapons and medical kit. The kit won't do much for him, but we'll have to make do," he said, referring to Leo. Expecting Thomas to move into action, Adam looked to Elena, checking her temperature and pulse to confirm she was going to be okay. He then looked up to Leo. "Give us a hand," he asked, getting him to help him back to his feet whilst he kept hold of Elena in his arms.

The journey back to Dublin was relatively fast. There had been a brief stop at the beginning so they could use the payphone to call back to base and update their colleagues on the situation. The warning was to allow both Finn and Olivier to be ready to treat the wounded as soon as they arrived at the doctor's house. The second part of the warning was to get a clean-up crew to the cabin before anyone could stumble upon many dead bodies and a plethora of incriminating evidence. This allowed the rest of the journey to be focused on the wounded. With Elena unconscious in the front passenger seat and Thomas driving, Adam was in the back of the car pressing a towel against Leo's bleeding wound and applying pressure. Despite his own injuries and exhaustion, Adam was forcing himself to stay in the zone and focus on Leo rather than letting his mind catch up to his own injuries.

When they finally reached Finn's place, everything seemed to happen quickly, with Finn, Olivier and George rushing in to help. With Finn tending to Leo and Thomas, Adam and Elena found themselves in Olivier's capable hands. Somewhere in the middle of it all, George was rushing back and forth to help anyone who asked for it. Believing Elena was going to be physically well and knowing she was now back to safety, Adam was finally able to let his guard down and take a moment to catch up with himself. As well as the pain in the locations of the various strikes and blows to his skull, he had a rotten headache and was feeling quite drowsy. Whether that was down to a mild concussion or the blood loss, he couldn't be sure. The cigarette burn in his neck seemed like the least of his worries as he looked down to his blood-soaked trouser leg. He was aware that the wound had been bleeding out more than he'd had liked given he'd had to keep fighting and walking on the leg following being stabbed. Knowing that he was going to have to let go of his trousers to be treated, Adam told George to get him some fresh clothes. "Some of Finn's," he added to his request, in his head making a joke about how George's pants would be too small for him.

Taking a moment to compose himself, he looked to Olivier. "What's the damage, Doc? Am I done for?" he gruffly asked. "My leg... Think we need to work overtime stopping it from getting infected," he said, recalling how Jay had made a point of rubbing dirt into the open wound. As he felt the significant loss of energy from his wounds, it brought his mind back to the time when Elena had treated his gunshot wound back when they hardly knew each other. "Is Elena okay?" he asked, his voice hoarse with thirst.

With: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Olivier, Elena)
Nearby: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Bellz Bellz (Finn, Thomas)
George is available if needed.

Last edited:
Sullivan Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Sinead Callahan

1655830236474-png.995627
Sinead managed a smile when Lucy spoke of getting James to drive them home so they could chew his ear off. She briefly thought back to her time in Chicago when the man was tasked with being her security and chauffeur for her jazz performances. James had been a reserved man and somehow he managed to survive whole journeys with a young Sinead talking away and him not actually saying more than two words himself the whole time. "We should definitely do it," she joked. With regards to Conor and how they'd bickered as teenagers, she also remembered how they been so close in their younger years; a stark difference to how things were now. "If he wasn't ruining my shoes he was wearing my dresses. Claimed he only did it because I wanted him to, but we all know I didn't need to ask twice," she scoffed. "But him trying on my clothes I can handle. But my daughter leaving the country and him causing problems..." she trailed off, but fell silent knowing it wasn't in the spirit of the party, and not with Conor's daughter and wife present.

Sinead remained quiet as she listened to the other women speak. When Michelle then suggested they needed some fun and smiles, she raised a curious eyebrow as she wondered what solution her niece was going to suggest. When she saw the shot glasses and liquor, she internally cringed, never being one for the taste of strong alcohol on its own. Still, she listened to the rules of the game and tried to take them in.

The first thing Michelle said was about never being the first to kiss someone. "Wait, so do I keep my fingers or...?" she asked, somehow already confused about the rules. However, Aliana losing a finger and pointing out she was a forward person spelled it out clear enough. Rolling her eyes, Sinead also put a finger down. "Some men just need a nudge in the right direction," she reasoned, with a nonchalant shrug.

When Aliana then went next to say she'd never taken a nude picture, Sinead's eyes widened in surprise as Aliana added that maybe she should. "No way anyone has or will have naked pictures of me!" she asserted. This time she was able to keep her fingers. However, when Blake spoke next to say she'd never been with a blonde, Sinead groaned and rolled her eyes, putting another finger down. "This is a set up," she complained.

Sinead spent way too long trying to think of what she was going to say, though partly because she almost kept saying things she had actually done. "Okay, um... Never have I ever slept with more than two men. Not together. I mean, like, I've only ever slept with two men in my whole life," she explained.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana) Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Blake)

The Sullivans Pub
Thomas Thatcher

1655905292724.png
Tom listened to James as he spoke, and he could see the light at the end of the tunnel getting darker. This was not going to be easy – he wasn’t sure how much Maeve was involved and how easy it would be to extract her. “I’m really not sure. While I was in the military, I wasn’t too involved in what she was doing in her life, and I’ve only been to see her once since I got home. She has never mentioned any of the King’s by name, except for Billy, but there is no way to know for certain at this moment how or why. It's going to take some digging. I can promise you this, I will not be telling her any information about what I do here. I have learned in my time in the military the importance of keeping silent, how not run my mouth. I know you can’t just take my word on it, but I’ll do what I can to prove it to you. I have no alliance to anyone but my sister, and Dublin. Dublin has always been my home, and it always will be.”

Tom looked up, the bartender getting their attention, just as he was about to break the rack on the pool table. His eyes caught James’s eyes, nodding towards the commotion going on at the bar. He was just starting to loosen up when the distraction got him. Frowning, he put the pool cue down, dismissing the woman in the corner he had been intending to talk up. Assuming James moved towards the bar first, he followed, unsure if the man who was “retired” would need any help. In an instant, the man was back to a professional face, watching the interaction.

Elena, so this was her mother? The woman was not going to be happy to hear that she had come all this way only to not find her daughter. Looking at James once more, he perked a questioning eyebrow as if to ask do you need me? Waving to Martin, he leaned over and said, “Let’s get the lady a drink… Whatever she’d like, on me.” He threw some money down on the counter, then pulled out a chair for the blonde to sit in. If he could get her to calm down and sit, maybe James could keep her from exploding. Once he had a second, he pulled James for a quiet word, “I think I’ll let you handle this – I know I’ve already put a lot on you tonight. I will do what I can to find out some answers to the questions you posed me – I may have some ideas on how to find out more then she can tell me as well.” Clapping him on the shoulder, he excused himself, waved to Martin, and headed out the door.

Mentions Pyroclast Pyroclast - Martin/Isabella
Misty Gray Misty Gray - James

Finn and George's Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Olivier Morillon and Elena Velazco

1658094017928.pngAs soon as Olivier and Finn were informed about the day’s mission to retrieve Elena from the cabin, the two medics set up everything they were expecting to need to treat all potential casualties. After that, however, no further information would come through for a while. Either they would hear from them on their way back, have them suddenly turn up at the door, or they would hear from somebody else that it had gone terribly wrong. So, in the meantime, Olivier spent most of the waiting time chatting with Finn and George. It was always important, he thought, to never let morale drop while waiting on an influx of patients, or especially while treating them. Plus, he found it refreshing to spend time with the couple. Not only because they were charming and pleasant to be around, but also because when he transferred from Paris to Dublin, he hadn’t expected to find such positive attitudes towards homosexuals within the mob. He felt welcomed by it.

Some time later, a phone call coming from inside Adam’s car alerted them that the four were on their way. It was a relief at least to know that they had found Elena and had all made it out of the woods alive, though in what condition, he wasn’t sure. It wasn’t too long before they arrived, and seeing the state of them, it was almost impossible to guess who had been driving the car. The three men were all bleeding heavily, and Elena was barely conscious. Quickly stepping forward, Olivier took Elena into his arms to save the injured men from unnecessary effort and carried her over to a cot.

With Finn handling Thomas and Leo, Olivier helped Adam to lay down. The blood-soaked trouser leg pointed to the most obvious of his wounds, which was a puncture on his thigh. “How long have you been bleeding for, Adam?” he asked, while checking Elena’s vital signs. Her eyes flickered open but she seemed extremely weak. Without knowing exactly what she had been through, it would take him some time to determine what she needed, but for now he was most concerned about her hydration and nutrient levels.

“George, could you give me a hand please?” he called out to his friend. “Adam, are you able to take off your trousers for me? And then George, would you apply some pressure to the wound please while I get Elena settled?”

It was always a challenge treating multiple urgent patients at once. His priorities were spread between Elena’s weak condition and Adam’s heavy blood loss, but he couldn’t work on them both at the same time with equal efficiency, so he just had to work fast. “Elena, can you hear me?”

Elena’s eyes flickered open and she could just make out a blurry image of a man smiling down at her.

“My name’s Olivier, I’m a doctor,” he explained, keeping his eyes on hers as much as he could while he fixed her up to a IV drip. “I’m here to help you. You’re safe.”

“Papa…”

“Your papa’s right beside you, I’m repairing him, too. And Thomas and Leo are here, they’re being treated by Finn.”

Elena’s head rolled to one side so she was looking at her father, but her eyes didn’t stay open for more than a few seconds before she fell unconscious again. Keeping an eye on her heart rate, Olivier swiftly moved onto Adam. “Alors…” Thanking George for his help, he stepped in and removed the towel from Adam’s thigh to get a closer look at the wound. Adam asked him if he was done for, to which Olivier chuckled. “Hold onto that humour, you might need it,” he said. “Don’t worry, I’ll give it a thorough wash and we’ll monitor signs of infection.”

He was about to elaborate when Adam asked him if Elena was okay. “George, could you bring some water over here please?” he asked the man, noticing how hoarse Adam sounded. He then turned back to Adam. “She’s in safe hands, okay?” he gently assured him. “I’ll get her well again, no need to worry. But for you - can you tell me how you’re feeling now? And can you tell me what happened to you at the cabin, everything you remember?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam, Georgie

Nearby:
Bellz Bellz Thomas, Finn
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Leo

Last edited:
The Sullivans Pub

James Porter

1655678746302-png.995236
James was glad to heard that Tom was willing to investigate his own sister's relationship with the Kings and didn't seem against the mob being a part of that too. It would work in the young man's favour for him to be seen as proactively cooperating with the Irish to get to the bottom of the matter. Hopefully the kid kept to his word; remaining loyal to the mob and proving it to them.

There was some kind of commotion going on at the bar, with Martin seemingly getting yelled at by a feisty woman James didn't recognise. James was inclined to continue his and Tom's game of pool in peace. For all he cared, it was likely just some agitated customer or someone the barman had upset in his personal life, therefore it was Martin's job to deal with in either of those possibilities. However, James staying out of it wasn't meant to be and soon enough he heard Martin calling him over. James quickly shook his head and sent him a look that said 'please don't involve me', but the former mob boss' legs had him walking towards the bar regardless. As much as he'd rather stay out of it, James didn't have it in him to hide from a situation. "Good evening," James said, forcing a quick smile as he stopped at Isabella's side and looked across to Martin. His interest grew when Martin said they might have information. "Oh yeah?" he seriously asked, taking a moment to look at Isabella to work out if he knew her.

After buying Isabella a drink, Tom pulled James to one side and explained that he'd leave him to deal with the new situation. "Ah, thanks for that, kid. Not used to dealing with angry ladies, huh?" he teased. He briefly patted Tom's shoulder before nodding his agreement for him to excuse himself from the pub. "Yeah, you see what you can find out about your sister. It's not healthy for any of us with her being around that lot in London," he warned.

Once Tom had left, James returned to the bar, positioning himself in the opening at the end so he could see both Martin's and Isabella's faces. The barman asked the woman who she was and James looked to her expectedly. He was curious to know what she had to do with Elena's disappearance. Although he'd spent plenty of time around Chase and Adam, James would be lying if he said he'd picked up much Spanish from them. Perhaps enough to get a rough idea of some dialogue and pick up on the obvious words, but not enough to follow a full conversation. The word 'escapó;' was obvious to him, though. "Elena escaped?" he asked as the same time Martin was asking for clarification. The barman once again asked the woman who she was and James glared at her urging for a quick response. When she said she was Elena's mother, James' eyes suddenly widened. Were it not for the serious situation with Elena, James would have found time to be amused at the fact Adam was in for an earful from an ex. He was surprised the man hadn't had more exes turning up on his doorstep before now.

James tried to hide how uncomfortable the situation was as Martin explained to Isabella that Elena had been missing for five days, having been taken. The woman was understandably angry, but it didn't make it any less awkward for the two men. When he heard the woman mutter under her breath, the word 'imbéciles', James was more than able to figure she was calling them idiots. The woman then asked about Elena's father whilst she pointed at Martin. The gesture was soon directed to James as she demanded to know where Adam was. "Adam is out looking for Elena," James calmly assured her. "How about you have a drink and calm down while I make some calls. You can come sit in the back," he suggested, thinking it might be best to get her away from the rest of the customers and their attention. "You're Isabella, yes?" he asked her. Although he claimed not to be interested in gossip, James took a lot more of it in than he showed. Between his wife, sisters-in-law, and their friends, he learned a lot about people's goings on from them. Adam, Elena and Isabella had all come up in conversation at various points recently. "I know Adam and he knows what he's doing. He'll find your daughter," he reassured the woman. Granted, it had been five days since Elena had gone missing, which wasn't a good sign in James' experience.

Before James could usher Isabella into the back room, he was told a call had come through for him. It had been a call from the main mob base with an update on the Elena situation. After being informed about Adam, Elena, Thomas and Leo all being taken to Finn's house, James knew he had to get there to check on his youngest son. He glanced in Isabella's direction as he realised she was going to have to go with him. "Give Adam the heads up that Isabella is on her way... Elena's mother..." James quietly warned the man on the phone, not wanting Isabella to overhear. Unbeknownst to James, the man on the other end of the phone had already stopped listening when James had given the instruction to warn Adam.

Returning to Isabella, James removed his car keys from his pocket and pointed to the pub doors. "They've found Elena. Come with me and I'll drive you to her," he told Isabella. "Welcome to Dublin, by the way," he gruffly added. "I'm James Porter. Friend of Adam's and your daughter's... I know your daughter," he said, stopping short of revealing Elena was dating his own son.

With: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Isabella)
Mentioned: BasDorcha BasDorcha (Tom)

Finn & George Sullivans House
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Adam Harper and George Sullivan

909655e60da83e90557fafa2450bf884-jpg.996983
When Olivier asked him how long he'd been bleeding for, Adam thought for a moment before answering. "An hour... not more than two," he admitted as he tried to work out how much time had passed from being stabbed to getting to Finn's place. He was just glad Elena hadn't been forced to stab him somewhere he deemed more severe, even if now he was being treated the medic could say otherwise. When asked if he could take off his trousers, Adam nodded his head. "Sure," he said as he sat up on the cot he'd being laid back on.

After removing the belt and towel he tightly wrapped around his thigh to try stem the bleeding, he tightened his jaw in discomfort. Still, he unfastened his trousers and shuffled in his seating position so he could remove his trousers, George helping by removing his boots for him. George then rushed to apply pressure to Adam's wound, briefly nudging the man's shoulder to have him lay back down. "Glad I wore clean boxers today," Adam joked, drawing a humoured chuckle from George. Despite his humour, he took a brief moment to tightly close his eyes and try stop the room from spinning around him. "Oh shit! I'm meant to call Blake," Adam suddenly recalled.

George placed a firm hand on Adam's shoulder to stop him from trying to sit up again. "Don't worry about that. A call has been made to Ali's place and the ladies are all aware. So you enjoy this moment of peace before a handful of angry women rush on in here to give you three lads what for," he teased. Despite his teasing, George had no clue about Elena's mother making her way to the house and he wouldn't have made such a joke were he aware of the woman's presence in Dublin!

Hearing Olivier introducing himself to someone as a doctor, Adam turned his head to the side where he saw Elena being hooked up to the IV. "Mi niña valiente," he said upon hearing her speak out for him. His concern at seeing Elena fall unconscious again was evident in his features, but with Olivier returning to him, Adam trusted she was still okay. He was glad to hear the medic say they could monitor him for signs of infection and that he didn't seemed too concerned about it. Adam was grateful to hear Olivier reassure him that Elena was in safe hands. "Her health comes before mine," he told Olivier, almost urging him to put her before him if it came to it.

1658106185377.pngAsked how he was feeling, Adam thought for a moment. "A bit drowsy," he admitted, albeit downplaying how exhausted he was really feeling. "Bit like when I was shot a few weeks back," he said, still remembering how much the blood loss had effected him then. "Got a splitting headache and the vision's a little blurry too." He was also aware of his clammy skin and rapid heart rate.

When Olivier asked him to tell him what had happened at the cabin, Adam closed his eyes again as he tried to think back. He was sure he remembered exactly what had happened, yet when asked to recall it, he felt like events were somehow coming to him muddled. "When I got to the cabin and was disarmed, they took me inside. That Shane prick... I remember he stubbed out a cigarette on my neck," he said, the wound clear to see by Olivier to back up the recollection. "Um... I remembered being laid into a few times, my jaw, face, stomach," he said, opening his mouth to feel the pain in his jaw and the stringing sensation of the wound on his cheek. "Then they brought Elena down," he recalled, falling silent as he remembered seeing his daughter looking so tired and afraid.

After a brief time, Adam remembered he was meant to be answering Olivier's question. "They made Elena... Wait, no. I remember them cracking me across the head with the gun first," he remembered the men not liking him speaking to Elena in Spanish. "Then they made her stab me. After she'd done it, that wanker Jay rubbed dirt in the wound. Then they took Elena away again..." Adam opened his eyes and looked up as George handed him a sports bottle filled with water. After a long drink, Adam handed the bottle to George and continued trying to recall what had happened. "I don't know. I seem to remember being kicked in the head and punched in the gut at some point. Some time before the three of 'em ended up dead!" he vaguely commented, sparing Olivier details of them three of them being murdered. Adam rested his hand on his chest, feeling his heart racing in his chest as he took deep breaths. "Once I'm patched up and watered I'll be on my feet again," he suggested, reaching out to take back the sports bottle from George so he could have another long drink.

With: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Olivier, Elena)
Nearby: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo) Bellz Bellz (Finn, Thomas)

Christian's House
London
May Thatcher

1656227500433.png
Being close to Christian sent May’s heart rate through the roof. Like a comic, she turned beet red, but couldn’t force herself to move away from him. It felt… comfortable, even if a little embarrassed, sitting there with him like that. She suddenly felt safer than she had in a very long time. His compliment did not go amiss on her, instead it caused her eyes to take a sort of subdued glow, half closed, and helped to make her look much more mature in that instant. It was like she had been zapped when his fingers brushed through her hair, capturing the unruly hair behind her ear.

Time might have paused, or she may have sat there much longer then she realized, contemplating moving, doing something, anything, just do it. It was as if she was frozen, but she wasn’t convinced it had taken as long as it felt to make a decision. Her hand reached out and brought his back to her cheek, and gently, slowly, she nuzzled her cheek into his palm, taking a deep breath that when exhaled warmed the space between them with the sweet smell of honey. On the tray behind her, the tell-tale spoon already sat in a cup with a smudge of honey on it. Like a child, she had nipped a bite of something sweet when out of sight. Now it scented the air, and May couldn’t force herself to move away from him. Maybe she was a silly girl, maybe it was only her who had this insane crush, but now that she was here, she could not take control of herself and do what he seemed to want her to do.

In a flash of confidence May had never felt before, not giving herself time to talk herself down from the sudden urge, she leaned forward, his digits and palm still smoothed to her cheek by her left hand. Her right hand followed a similar motion, reaching out to brush through his hair as if it might disappear if she touched it too rough, before finding his stubbled jaw line and rubbing her hand down it. It was like a drugging affect on her, her head swaying forward just slightly. Every urge in her body said to kiss him, before he could pull away, but something stronger in her body wanted him to meet her, a joint statement. A few loose curls and strands of hair tickled around her face, causing a shiver.

Another moment that stretched for a second or infinity, she wasn’t sure. May had never instigated a kiss before, much less made such a scene of herself in someone’s lap. Holding her breath, she didn’t move, posed, waiting for him to either break it and help her move past the awkward attempt she was making, or to return the static in the air and show her something new. Her green eyes glanced at his, with a bit of fear and anticipation, as her head edged slightly forward, as if drawn to him, waiting…

Mentions Misty Gray Misty Gray - Christian

The Royal Taphouse

Bruce King

1658186327236.pngThe way that Teddy questioned Bruce on what had caused his men to waste their opportunity to kill Conor during the attack strongly reminded him of the things he had said to Spencer when they returned unsuccessful. He understood the frustration, because he had felt it, too. However, Teddy’s attitude didn’t sit well with him. The man wasn’t doing much to conceal his hungover condition and Bruce took it as a sign of disrespect, much like he did with his own nephews when they showed up to business meetings in a similar way.

“Believe me, I know your frustration, Teddy,” Bruce said, willing himself not to pick on the man for his self-inflicted suffering. “With a man like Conor, a quick death would seem like a waste. ‘Course, with him bein’ so hard to get on his own, they shoulda’ taken the opportunity to get the job done while they had the chance. But the temptation to draw it out took over in the end.” Bruce glanced at Gabriel, sure that the man would understand what he meant, before looking back over at his associate. “If you’re thinkin’ ‘bout goin’ after my nephew, Teddy - don’t. I’ve already dealt with him.”

Gabriel then gave Billy some light praise for eliminating one of the Sullivan soldiers, though still disappointed that Conor wasn’t also dead. He then asked if they had any of the police force in their pocket. “At the moment, we still have to avoid them,” Bruce admitted. “There is Christian Brooks, an ex-detective, but he left the force to work with me. We have no one on the inside - at least, no one willing to defend and prioritise the safety of my men, or tamper with evidence. Right now, we just have to be careful.”
Though he felt no frustration towards Gabriel himself, it wasn’t particularly helpful to hear that future assassination attempts on Conor would require careful consideration. Bruce and Spencer had designed the plan to immaculate precision, lowering the risk as much as they could before sending them out on the job. The only thing to fail them in the end was Spencer’s desire in the moment to drag out the man’s suffering and say a few too many words in the build up to his death. Bruce wasn’t sure how they could be more careful next time - if they even got another chance.

“Have I weighed up the cost?” he asked in response to Gabriel’s question. “I don’t think I need to. Look at what they’ve done already: Spencer beaten, Harper crushed, Billy shot. Nightclub burnt to the ground, bombed. Civilians killed, loved ones and soldiers all injured. The cost of inaction against the Sullivans don’t bear thinkin’ about. There ain’t no way I’m backin’ down, not knowin’ the lengths they’re able and willin’ to go to.”

Fortunately, Gabriel understood the sentiment completely, so the two bosses were on the same page. He outlined their shared interest in protecting both family and business in London, and though Bruce’s doubt had never wavered, it was good to hear the man acknowledge that they were still a team. “Don’t you worry, I got no intention of backin’ down,” he reiterated. “Our business means a great deal to me, so trust that I’ll hold up my end.”

All eyes soon fell on Erik as the man was put on the spot. Bruce eyed him - expectantly, but amiably - and waited for him to gather his thoughts. He seemed a little dumb-founded by the question, as if facing some internal conflict at how to answer. In the end, he managed to recount his experiences in a fairly succinct manner. Gabriel was curious to hear Erik’s opinion on whether or not the Sullivans had disrespected the peace treaty between the Morettis and the Sullivans. Bruce certainly believed they had, but he wanted to hear Erik’s perspective, given that he was the one both figuratively and literally caught in the crossfire.

The Italian boss then asked Bruce what his next plan of action was. “Whatever it is, it will be done with great consideration,” Bruce assured him. “In an ideal world, I would love to draw up a peace treaty, so that we can both live as if the other didn’t exist. But at the heart of all this is a child. This ain’t just a pissin’ contest with the Irish, it’s a tug of war, and the prize is Callum. And I ain’t givin’ up on my nephew’s son, not ever.” Bruce inhaled, pensively swirling the alcohol in his glass. “So now, I’m not so sure a peace treaty is a realistic outcome,” he mused. “A surrender from their side is the next best thing I could hope for, but again…even with the extra manpower you’ve given us, the Irish are still larger, wealthier, more powerful. And they’re just as stubborn as we are. It don’t look like there’s much else to do right now but continue to fight, come up with a failsafe plan to take out the top rows of the Sullivan hierarchy. Conor, Syd, Adam, the lot.”

Bruce took a sip of his Dalmore’s as he thought for a second more. “But since you’ve been in a war like this one with the Irish before, I’ll respect any ideas or advice you have that could help bring an end to it. This war is costing us a great deal.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Gabriel
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Teddy, Erik

Harper's House
London
Jeremy Gray

1656227476062.png
Jeremy heard the words Trevor said, and instantly alerted to Harper calling his name. Fear gripped him as he rushed down the hallway, his skin turning white in a matter of seconds. When he first tried to door, the lock jiggled in his hand, his breath not yet released. Instinct told him to kick the door down, but the part of his brain that wasn’t completely awash in reactive emotion cautioned that could be a bad idea. If she were on the other side of it, he’d kick her with the door trying to kick it down. He dropped to his knees quickly, looking under the door. Blood. A sickening feeling filled him to the brim. “HARPER! Get away from the door!” She seemed to be struggling to move, but after a moment passed, only her foot was in the way, blood still slowly growing under the crack.

Jeremy grabbed the doorknob in his hand, twisting it as hard as he could in one direction and bowed the door with a push from his shoulder. The lock strained under his weight then popped loose, the door now needing some attention but not destroyed, and because he was holding on tightly, it did not jump forward and smack her. The sight that greeted his eyes might as well have been the night at the night club all over again. The air whooshed out of his lungs at a million miles an hour, the floor falling away from him as suddenly all he could see was Harper laying on the ground outside the Mercury, appearing dead in his arms. Much like that night, Jeremy immediately picked her up, turning and handing her to Trevor so they all could get down the hallway together back to the living room. Jeremy stayed long enough to grab the first aid kit from his room with a suture kit inside, before joining Trevor and Harper by the living room couch.

Jeremy handed Trevor the kit, his hand shaking and paper white. Jeremy couldn’t say it, he couldn’t say he couldn’t save her, not this moment, not when the night of that accident was still so fresh in his mind, and the sight so similar. Maybe they would both think him even weaker after this – Harper was always thinking he was weak for one reason or another – but that night had been the most terrifying night of his life, and he had been through some of the best hits of the King’s since him and Spencer started. It was situational, Harper being hurt would always be worse than what he did on the job or seen on the job. Hopefully Trevor had steadier hands at the moment. Immediately, Jeremy jumped up and called Caspian, hoping the man would answer as he drug the long corded phone back to the bathroom to grab towels and bring them back out. Everything Trevor might need to treat Harper’s leg was within reach.

“I’m calling the doc.” Caspian, answer, please. When the man didn’t answer, Jeremy slammed down the phone, moving back to see how Trevor was doing with Harper’s leg, his hand reaching down to grasp Harper’s hand lightly, his eyes trying to evaluate her face and not look at her leg. “Cas didn’t answer… Harper, what happened?”

Mentions Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor
Bellz Bellz - Harper

Thomas Porter
Dr. Finnian Sullivan

Finn & George Sullivans House

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
4e1e15d9eff9e0fecc98f38e27f4b11a.jpeg
When Finn received the call that saving Elena had been successful, he was so full of hope. But all that came crashing down as Adam informed him that they were all hurt pretty badly and that they were on their way over. Olivier was on his way over to assist and Finn was confident everyone could be triaged at his place without having to go to the hospital. It was enjoyable catching up with him after Finn had set up two different stations in his house. Both were on the first floor, in both sets of living room areas since they were the biggest space. Finn had purchased foldable hospital gurneys as well as IV drip equipment and everything else he could possibly need to treat someone at home.

Once the car pulled in, Finn, George, and Olivier all hurried out the door to get them inside. Thomas looked on the verge of fainting despite having driven them to the house. When they were all inside, Finn led them to the main living room in the house, helping both Leo and Thomas into a laying position on the gurneys. Thomas's eyes closed but Finn lightly slapped his cheeks. "No closing those eyes, Thomas. Your mother will kill me if I let you code in my house. I'm gonna get you hooked up to an I.V. with some fluids okay?" Thomas had simply nodded his head, not saying anything more despite feeling the urge to scream. The pain felt overwhelming but he forced himself to stay calm for everyone else's sake.

When Leo and Thomas were both hooked up to an I.V., Finn felt better about starting to stop the bleeding for good. Finn moved over to Thomas first, moving to wrap his shoulder quickly and tightly enough to stop the bleeding, a temporary fix for the cauterization he'd have to do in order to close a gash that big, along with stitches. Thomas let out a slow whimper in discomfort but Finn quickly administered some morphine in order to help with the pain. He walked over to do the same for Leo, before heading back to Thomas to also wrap his leg for a moment while he worked on Leo's abdomen. "First time huh?" Finn asked Leo, his voice kind but his smile weak as he lifted the man's shirt high enough to get a good look. Making a pained face, Finn looked at Leo, "I won't sugarcoat it, kid. You are one lucky son of a bitch. Any higher and it would have punctured an organ. You wouldn't have made it here." Finn said, shaking his head before moving to open some sterile surgical tools. "That morphine should kick in but for now, I need you to press this gauze against your stomach. Fluids should slow the bleeding a little bit, it's already clotting so that should help. I'll come to take the bullet fragments out in a moment. I need to take care of Thomas first."

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 6.47.51 PM.png
Thomas had his eyes closed, his breathing ragged as it burned through his throat. When he opened his eyes again, Finn was staring down at him. "That's quite the bruise you've got on your neck...is that a shoe imprint?" He asked, Thomas, nodded silently, his throat too sore to speak at the moment. "You might have significant damage to your larynx...does your neck hurt besides that?" Thomas shook his head. "Okay that's good. That would be more serious. Let's go ahead and take a look at that leg." Finn moved to unwrap the leg bandaged, wincing visibly at the amount of blood. Thomas was looking paler by the minute. "Alright, I normally don't do a messy job, but I can see the bullet lodged in there and I need to pull it out before I can close you up properly. I'm also going to have to cut these off." Finn said pointing to Thomas's pants. The man looked mortified and Finn let out a laugh, "Ain't nothing I haven't seen before kid, I'll get you some new pants once I'm done." Without any more hesitation, Finn cut his pants, pulling off the top portion he'd cut off before looking at the bullet wound. The silver bullet lodged in his leg glittered in the bright light he shined at it. "Alright, I gave you morphine, but this might hurt. Sorry in advance." Finn said grabbing popping on some gloves and grabbing the surgical pliers he'd just opened.

Thomas gripped the gurney as he could feel Finn digging around for the bullet, though he didn't make a sound. It felt like ages but he finally pulled it out, the entire bullet in one piece. "You and Leo seem to share the same luck. Only about a half an inch from the main artery in your leg." Thomas's breathing was heavy and Finn got to work disinfecting and stitching up the wound. He'd gotten fast at the movement over the years of being a doctor, so he finished it up in less than 5 minutes. Wiping all the blood clean, Finn smiled at Thomas who looked like he was about to faint still. "All done, kid. I'll give you some time before I cauterize your shoulder...just rest here. I'll be back.."

"Elena?" Thomas asked, his voice barely above a whisper, it was strained and hoarse. Finn turned to look at him, pausing in his steps towards Leo. "She's gonna be okay...now just rest." He said with a soft smile, watching as Thomas rested his head back against his pillow. Finn proceeded to reach Leo and smiled at him, noticing how pale he looked too. "Alright, your turn. Morphine should be more kicked in so it shouldn't hurt too much."

Finn moved to sit down in his medical stool, grabbing another set of surgical pliers before also grabbing his glasses, the light on his head shining down on the area. "Now I'm going to pour some iodine on this to disinfect it. It shouldn't hurt." Popping on another pair of clean gloves, Finn reached for the iodine bottle. "George, Darling!" Finn called, now looking at Leo's abdomen close up. When George got into the room, Finn didn't look up as he fished around for the bullet fragments with his pliers. "I fear that if we don't call Conor and the rest...he might kill me. Would you mind making that phone call? If he's an ass to you, you let me know and I'll remind him who won in arm wrestling the last time with a good right hook." Finn was teasing, he looked up to Leo with a smile. "Bet your old man never told you that."

"I'd call Blake as well. I'm sure she wants to be here for Adam." Finn mentioned to George, finally fishing out a bullet fragment. "Nasty little bugger. Interesting the way it broke up though." Finn said, staring at it for a long moment before setting it on the metal tray, listening as it made a heavy clanging sound. "Two more to go." Looking up at Leo again, Finn asked, "How are you holding up?"
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; George Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Adam ; Elena + Olivier Pyroclast Pyroclast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back