• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Callahan House
Amy Capaldi

1662971140163.png
A little giggle creeped out of Amy when he joked about his job. She couldn’t help thinking he was handsome, especially when he smiled. She had finished with his stitches, be she still sat face to face with her side touching his. When he used the word ‘brazen’ she laughed harder, covering her mouth. The more he stumbled, the more she giggled, her cheeks bright red. He was really worried about hurting her feelings, but she was impossible to offend. She had run into very few times in her life where she couldn’t see a different reason behind something not going her way and find a way to be completely okay with it.

When he went on to say could she stitch his mouth shut, she laughed, then paused, suddenly thinking of something. She pressed her pointer fingers together, tapping them for a moment, before she nodded and grinned. “Yes, yes I can.” Without warning she leaned forward and kissed him, a soft, light kiss, right on his lips. She held it for a moment, then pulled back, shyly. When he failed to say anything immediately, she gave a short giggle, covering her mouth again.

“There we go, speechless.” Even though she was talking, she was still blushing deeply. She hoped she hadn’t messed up and misread the room, but she had been thinking about it and at that moment, it seemed like a good idea. She looked down at her fingers, tapping them together again, before looking back up and catching his eyes. A shy smile creased her lips as she turned away, putting her things back into her medical bag.

Bellz Bellz - Braden

Harper King
Her Apartment
~ In and out of Consciousness ~

When the naxolone took effect, Harper felt herself gasping for air. A familiar voice was speaking to her and when she could move her eyes, she saw Trevor staring back at her. He was begging her to fight it, that the world hadn't seen enough of her yet. All she could do was let out a pained groan, tears coming to her eyes. When she tried to move her arms, she noticed they were pinned in place. For the first time in her life since the Mercury, she was truly afraid. Whatever she had done to herself, it seemed like she wasn't going to be able to take it back.

"Dad..." She managed to get out, her voice raw as she let out a cry. "I'm scared." The woman said, not ashamed of it for once. Harper didn't want to die, she didn't want to leave her family behind. She just wanted to feel okay again, to wake up feeling like she wasn't a dead girl walking. She wanted to feel something more than the pain, than the heartache.

Suddenly, Jeremy was there, looking at her too as if she was on the brink of death. The woman gasped out a breath, trying to find the words to say something to him but her body wouldn't allow them to. Whatever she would try to say, it would never amount to the guilt she felt at that moment. Her brain was fried from its seizure, her body was tired and she could feel herself slowly slipping away again.."I'm...sorry." The girl choked out, not sure who was there to hear her say it.

The woman's vision tunneled again and the familiar heavy feeling throughout her body was enough to drag her back into unconsciousness again...

***​

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 5.09.05 PM.png
"UNCLE BRUCE! UNCLE BRUCE! UNCLE BRUCE!" 8-year-old Harper cried, having run home despite taking her bike outside to play. Her Uncle had immediately walked out to the stairs of his home, seeing Harper her face to stop tears from falling as she ran up the stairs. Colliding into him, the girl sobbed. "My girl, what happened?" The man asked, clearly concerned as he knelt down to her level. When the girl uncovered her face, there was a gash on her head. "One of the girls shoved me off my bike, Uncle Bruce!" Harper said, "I was just trying to play!" Bruce scooped the girl up into his arms to bring her inside. Harper had seen her brothers looking concerned but Bruce just waved them away, telling the boys to give them space.

Harper buried her face into the man's shoulder as they went into the bathroom, her chest heaving with sobs as he set her on the toilet to sit. Billy had stopped by, peeking in through the door with Mr. Flops in his hands. Normally, Harper would have yelled at him for having the stuffed rabbit but when Billy handed it to her, telling the girl not to cry, she took the rabbit and held it tight. "They were so mean to me, Billy! They called me a boy! All because I didn't want to be a stupid princess!" Harper watched as Bruce got out of the first aid kit the man shaking his head as he did. "And they just pushed you over, Harp?" The older man asked and Harper nodded her head, "They pushed me over because I said princesses were stupid, they never get to have the fun! They are just locked in a tower all day! I told them I wanted to be the knight!" The girl tried to find her breath as Bruce told her to take a deep breath. Billy stuck around, holding Harper's hand as Bruce worked on her wound.

"I hate being a girl. All the girls in this neighborhood are so mean to me! All the kids are! They even..." Harper bit her lip, unsure of if she could say what they had told her. "....Uncle Bruce?" She asked, and the man paused in disinfecting her wound to look at her, "What is it, love?" The blonde girl licked her lips, her lower one trembling. "...Did mum and dad leave because of me?" Harper searched the man's face, unable to recognize what had crossed it as the man shook his head immediately. "Of course, they didn't! Who told you such a thing?" The girl looked down at her lap, "They all do...it's my fault, isn't it! I didn't mean to drive them away, Uncle Bruce." She started to cry again and Bruce wrapped his arms around her. Billy came to hug the two of them as well and when they pulled away from her, Bruce took her small chin in his hand. "None of what happened with your parents is your fault, your mother loved you very much..." Harper searched her Uncle's eyes, "Then why did she leave us?"....

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 5.12.40 PM.png
"BILLY! GIVE IT BACK!" 9-year-old Harper cried out, chasing her brother around the house. The little bastard had taken her very worn stuffed rabbit that took everywhere with her now in his grubby hands. "You are gonna have to get me, Harper!" Billy taunted as he rounded the corner of the living room, tripping over the carpet slightly slowing down his movements. Harper was nimble and just quick enough to catch up, tackling her brother to the ground. "Give me Mr. Flops, you jerk! UNCLE BRUCE! Tell him to give it!"

Billy let go of the bunny and Harper rolled off of him. "That'll teach you not to take him again!" The blonde growled not realizing that Bruce and the older boys had now gathered to watch the fight. The older boys were laughing up a storm, probably at the fact that Billy had just gotten his ass handed to him for being annoying but Harper scowled at them. "Move!" She hissed out, pushing between them as she went to go back up the stairs to her room.

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 5.49.23 PM.png
"Harper?" Darcey asked, knocking on her door. The 11-year-old normally didn't sleep in so late, especially when she had school. It was nearly time for her to get going. "I think I'm dying." The blonde said and Darcey opened the door a little wider. "Dying?" The woman chuckled, "Someone wants to skip school today huh?" Harper looked to Darcey, curled in a ball under her covers. "I don't want to skip it, but I think I'm dying." Darcey chuckled again and Harper's brows furrowed. "I'm serious Darcey! I'm bleeding and my stomach hurts!" The older woman froze then and Harper noticed the body change, "SEE! I AM DYING!" She cried out and Darcey shook herself out of her frozen position. "Uh, Harp. I can tell you that you are not dying." The woman said walking up to the girl to sit beside her bed. "When did the bleeding start?" She asked and Harper looked at her with confusion written across her features. "Yesterday." Darcey shook her head, "How come you didn't come to me?" The woman asked and Harper shook her head, "Figured if I was gonna die I might as well do it in my favorite place...the bed."

Despite the situation, that earned a laugh from Darcey, and Harper couldn't help but smile. Though the smile went away as soon as another cramp came along. Darcey then ushered her out of bed to the bathroom. It was confirmed that she was having a period -- her first. "And this happens every single month?! Being a woman is bullshit! " Harper gasped and Darcey just laughed, not bothering to scold the girl for cursing. Bruce had been sent to get hygiene products, Harper insisting that Darcey stays with her. When the man's hand peeked through the door, Darcey took the box. "Every single month, unfortunately." Darcey said to her, "But, you get to spoil yourself with good movies, food, and plenty of chocolate." The woman said and Harper's eyes lit up, "Well, I do like chocolate!"

She was back in her room again and she started to see it change, the little girl decorations soon turned into posters of bands. The room became a little messier, filled with typical teenage stuff and the bunny rabbit she held was a little more worn now as she held it. A knock sounded on the door, "Go away, Billy." Harper's 14-year-old voice was slightly different, not as high-pitched as she curled her knees to her chest. Her favorite brother did not go away like she asked, opening the door wide enough to look at her. "What kind of a favorite brother would I be if I didn't check on ya, Harp?" He asked as he stepped inside and shut the door. "Bruce just wants you to be happy, Harp. He wants ya to have an education. Which ya aren't gettin' if you keep gettin' suspended."The blonde felt her eyes roll and as scoffed, turning away from her brother as he sat on her bed tentatively.

"He deserved it, Bill. That arse had it coming the moment he opened his fuckin' mouth." The young woman muttered against her arm. Billy let out a chuckle, "I believe it, Harp. You're better than the rest of us...that's for sure. I'm sure that girl was thankful that you stepped in for her when you did." Harper's eyes move to look at her brother, "Just imagine what you could do if you had someone trainin' you? I'd hate to be the guy who makes you miserable." Her head lifted as she raised a brow at him. "Bruce and Spence won't let me train. It's not lady-like." Harper made a face to which Billy just laughed, "Well I'm not Bruce and Spence am I? I'll train you. And besides, you are hardly a lady, Harper." The blonde threw that stuffed rabbit they fought over as kids at him now and he grabbed it as she shoved him. "I can be a lady, but I have no reason to when I'm surrounded by a bunch of thugs!" She laughed now. "And everyone knows you're the lady of the bunch, or should I remind you of your place?" Harper challenged.

EbcnvBZWsAgr9Ep (1).jpeg
Suddenly, the road was in front of her. "Jesus, Alex! Quit looking so scared! I'm going the speed limit." 16-year-old Harper growled at her second eldest brother. He was currently holding the 'oh shit' handle in her car as she was practicing for her behind the wheel. "Look! The last time I drove with you, you almost mowed down that poor old lady across our street! Harper, watch where you are going! Quit looking at me!" Alex said, looking paler and paler from the passenger seat. "Alex, I looked over at you for one second, could you chill!? You are making me nervous!" The car came to a stop at a light and the radio started to play a Queen song that Harper loved. We will Rock You could be heard in the speakers of the car as Harper banged her steer wheel in rhythm with the beat. "lighten up, Alex!" Harper said as her brother stared at her before looking at the light.

It was still red and Harper moved a little more animated and Alex couldn't hide the smile on his face now. Harper sang the first and looked to him pointedly to sing as well. When he did the young woman let out a laugh. The light turned green and she started to drive, but Alex seemed to be more into wanting to sing now which made it easier for her to concentrate on driving. "We will, we will, rock you!" They both sang right as the guitar solo started. Harper laughed hard as Alex started into an air guitar solo, "I didn't know I was at a Queen concert!" Harper giggled, keeping an eye on the road as he continued on.

When they finally came to a stop in front of Bruce's house, things had quieted down and Harper reached to give Alex a hug. "Thank you for the lesson, Al. I know you didn't have to do it, but thanks." With that, she kissed her brother's cheek and moved to get out of the car...

merlin_176243955_17550af2-e8e8-4a8c-81e4-d2f2911433b5-mobileMasterAt3x.jpeg
"Since you are 21 now, I figured I'd pour ya your first drink," Spencer said to which Harper just laughed. "Hardly my first drink." The young woman chirped to which Spencer gave her a pointed look. "Oh I know, Alex is still in a shit ton of trouble for giving you that shot when you were 15. I don't think I'd ever seen you laugh as much as you did at dinner that night." Harper's cheeks flushed, that night was definitely hazy. A time before she could handle her drinks properly. "But I'm willing to let it slide since it was your birthday and all yesterday," Spencer said, raising an eyebrow in her direction and Harper smirked. "Alright fine, 3 shots of vodka." The woman said and Spencer cracked a rare smile. "Two for you, one for me. I'm not looking to get shitfaced tonight. Billy is already drinking enough for the both of us." Both siblings looked out to see Billy singing again, using a broom as a microphone as the loud music sounded throughout the house.

There were some of Harper's friends over, mixed with some of her brothers' friends and just themselves. "Oh Jesus, Billy! How many more times am I gonna have to hear Elton John tonight!" Alex's voice sounded from the hallway. Harper looked to Spencer, her head tilting back as she laughed. Her eldest brother had poured three shot glasses, handing her one before taking the other. "Happy Birthday Harp!" He said to her, "To many more!" They both raised their shots and gently hit their glasses together before Harper added, "And to the hope that Billy sings something else tonight!" With that, she grabbed the other shot he had poured that was meant to be for him. Downing both of them at the same time, Harper smiled at her brother who looked at her with a shake of his head. "What? It's my birthday! Besides, you're like 40, you need to take it easy on the drinks big guy!"

946d117800f5f2d9cd1746faf5bd3b78.jpeg
"Oh come on, May! Live a little!" Harper huffed, slamming her 4th shot glass down onto the table at the Mercury. It was nearly closing time and the woman was so intoxicated but that wasn't going to stop her from having a good time. "You know what we should do, we should go play the piano together! Come on, stop cleaning those glasses!" May looked at Harper like she was unsure if the woman was about to fall over, but Harper didn't notice. "Please? For me?" Harper begged, batting her big blue doe eyes at May who eventually relented.

"Weeeeeee" Harper said, spinning off her barstool as she stumbled for a moment. May steadied her and Harper threw her arm over the girl's shoulders. "You're a sweetie pie, you know that?" May just laughed, "Sweetie pie, huh?" Harper nodded her head firmly, "Yep yep yep! Absolute sweetest! I feel like we could have been sisters in another life, Miss May! You accept me as I am, and I love that about you!" When Harper got to the piano, she sat down with a flop before pretending to swipe back her non-existent dinner coat like Bugs Bunny. May laughed, "Jesus, you really are drunk." The brunette said and Harper rolled her eyes, "Not drunk enough to stop playing well." With that, she played the beginning tune to Piano Man on the keys and May laughed, "Oh come on you know you want to sing it."

May did not disappoint her as she sat at the piano and played in the higher octave. They belted out the song, not caring about the workers still closing up the club. When it was all over, Harper turned to May and hugged her, "You know how happy I am to hear a song that wasn't created by Elton John?" She slurred before moving to stand up quickly, the blood rushed to her head and she fell over, right onto her ass as May jumped up to help her up, "Harper!" The blonde was just laughing her head off, "WHOOPS! I'm okay! I'm okay!"...

***​

As she came to...Harper pulled herself up from her sleeping position only to find that she was in a home that she didn't recognize. Despite that, her feet carried her as if she knew exactly where she was going. The distant singing had pulled her towards it. The voice...sounded so familiar to her, one that soothed her heart and made it swell all in the same beat. The home was blurred in places as if her memory couldn't piece together where she was. It looked like paint that had been smeared, muddling the image into nothing but hazy colors. So distracted by it all, she had been startled when she finally could see a door, clear as day. It was white, with delicate little pink flowers painted on it.

Reaching out a hand to open it, it slowly swung open and the angelic voice grew louder. Singing a lullaby. A woman with muted brown blonde hair sat in a rocking chair, holding a baby in her arms as she rocked. Her face had been covered by her hair, which gracefully draped over her shoulder like a curtain. She was so clear compared to the rest of the house, as was the nursery. Above the crib, Harper's name was painted in pink letters on the wall and shock filled her system, causing a chill down her spine.

Then, the woman stood, moving to place the baby in her crib as she was now sound asleep. She then reached for a stuffed rabbit and placed it beside her in the crip before tucking them both in. Harper stared with wide eyes, waiting for the woman to turn around...to notice her. Suddenly, she felt something, multiple gusts of wind blowing on her skin, and suddenly, Spencer...as a boy was there, Alex and Billy following closely behind. In their excitement, they had grown loud and her mother turned, silently and gently putting a finger to her lips as she commanded them to be silent. The boys immediately quieted. "Now, I'll be down in just a moment. I'm just going to be with your sister for a while longer." The woman's voice sounded like a song, the kindness that oozed from it made Harper feel warm...safe.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 1.53.38 PM.png
Spencer, Alex, and Billy ran towards Harper and she tried to move but suddenly they went through her as if she wasn't even there. Not noticing her at all. Harper's mouth dropped slightly, suddenly wondering where the hell she was. The panic would have set in, realizing that she was not actually awake now if it had not been for the fact that Laura suddenly looked right at her and smiled. "Hello, my little Harp." Her mother murmured, walking towards her now. When Laura stopped in front of her, Harper didn't know what to say or what to do. Her eyes started to burn with tears and with a mother's lovingness, Laura reached up and placed both of her hands on Harper's cheeks, wiping away her tears with her delicate thumbs. "Look at you, as beautiful and strong as I knew you would be."

Having known that her mother had been not doing well when Harper had been born, the young woman was surprised at just how healthy Laura looked. How much she looked like her. Harper naturally leaned into her mother's hands as the tears continued to fall down her face. "Shhh, my love." She cooed, pulling her in for a hug and Harper practically fell into her. They stayed like that for a while and Harper could have stayed like that forever. But Laura soon broke the hug and made Harper look at her. "I miss you, mum." Harper cried and Laura's own painfully sweet eyes watered as well. "I miss you, my little luv. I miss all of you." Despite the tears, Laura's voice was calm and sweet. The older woman pulled her towards where she had been sitting and Harper allowed her to sit before she took a seat at her feet, laying her head in her mother's lap as the woman stroked her hair. Then she started to sing the same lullaby she had before....and Harper's eyes started to feel heavy. The sweet tune was lulling her back to sleep or actually...back to consciousness in the real world. When the singing stopped, Harper heard her mother's voice say, I'll see you again someday, little Luv. I have always loved you and will love you even when you forget that I'm there. I'm always watching...and I'm so proud of the person you've become. But you have more to show this world, sweet daughter of mine. Your family needs you....tell them that I love them." Harper's own voice mumbled that she loved her too...

In her state of unconsciousness, she could hear cries...could hear her name being called over and over. But the woman couldn't wake up as a warm feeling surrounded her, lulling her further into her sleep...

ROSE+&+IVY+Kathryn+Winnick+On+Not+Taking+No+For+An+Answer,+Connecting+to+the+Moment+and+Her+H...jpeg
"Mum?" A child called to her and Harper looked up. "What is it, love?" She found herself responding despite the confusion in her head telling her that this kid was not hers. The girl was striking in her features, beautiful. And the look she was giving Harper reminded her a lot of the look Jeremy would give her when he was worried. "You're kinda freaking me out." The girl said, the sass in her voice bringing a smile to Harper's lips. "Freaking you out?" She asked for clarification and the girl rolled her eyes, "You haven't stopped staring at me since I sat at the table." A door opened and closed from another room and the girl's eyes widened with excitement, "Dad's home!" She sang before running from the table. Harper was frozen in place, her mind trying to figure out what the hell was going on. The child called her mum. Jeremy's voice sounded from the other room and Harper's heart tightened.

"She's doing that thing again, Dad! The staring!" The girl said with a huff as the pair walked back into the dining room. Harper's eyes slowly turned to meet Jeremy's whose smile was enough to knock the wind out of her. "Don't you know it's impolite to stare, love?" He teased her before moving to come to kiss her at the table. The child made a gagging sound, "Ugh please, I'm trying to eat dinner here!" The girl groaned and Jermey turned to look at their daughter. It all clicked together and Harper found herself staring at Jeremy now. "Well, why don't you go eat in the living room tonight?" The girl's eyes lit up like fireworks, "You don't have to tell me twice!" She squealed before rounding the table to give her parents a kiss on the cheek. "Love you, mum, love you, dad!" She shouted as she grabbed her plate and hightailed it out of the dining room.

"I blame every ounce of that girl's attitude on you, you know?" Jeremy said cheekily and Harper looked at him, feeling herself smile. "Guilty as charged." Jeremy wrapped his arms around her and Harper buried her head into his chest, "But I wouldn't trade it for anything." He added, Harper, smiled even wider as she said, "I wouldn't either."

mentions: BasDorcha BasDorcha Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray Pyroclast Pyroclast

Porter House

~Sutton, Dublin~
Samuel McKinsley

1662954931175.png
Sam grinned and patted her shoulder at the mention of Halloween. “Sounds like a plan to me! I love Halloween.” They kicked back, Thomas on one side and Sam on the other. As the movie progressed, Olivia seemed relatively unaffected by the gore and shock value items, but that didn’t stop her from slowly getting closer to him until she was pressed against his side and his arm could naturally drop down to hold her. He was careful to keep his hands in appropriate locations, what with Thomas right there and all. At one point, he couldn’t help it, he turned and kissed her forehead unprompted, before laying his head against hers.

The movie caused Sam to have his own series of awkward flashbacks, the blood and the violence at point bringing up things he wasn’t sure he remembered before. In those moments, he would squeeze Olivia a bit, her possibly hearing the increased rate of his heart, but after a few moments he would push the images out of his head and back to normal. His eyes occasionally found Thomas trying to check on him as unobvious as possible. His friend was not the same man he knew from before, it was easy to see. That made him worry that he was a different person all together and he slowly began to hope less that he had his friend back. A sigh escaped his lips as he rubbed Olivia’s arm absently.

As the movie drew to a close, he helped himself to a few more snacks, releasing Olivia to sit up as he picked up his drink and finished the glass. “Halloween huh, we should do something together for it, maybe get all dressed up and go out on the town – it’s always crazy around Dublin for Hallows eve. What do you say Liv, want to be my date for Halloween? We can go as Johnny and June, or something like that?” He grinned giving her a wink. “Thomas, you can come too! Bring your girlfriend, I think I heard you mention her earlier.”

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Olivia
Bellz Bellz - Thomas

Bruce's House
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Billy King

1664217391481.pngIt was almost unnerving how quickly Harper appeared to switch from her fit of rage and anguish into an eerie sort of calm state. Her tune changed as the words of her brothers seemed to register within her and instead of shouting at them, she began to shift the blame onto herself. Billy shook his head at her, feeling guilty that she considered herself at fault for not opening up to them - even worse for the fact that until now, he had felt that it was on her for not letting him in. Of course he acknowledged that she was in a bad place, but his inability to get through to her had left him feeling helpless and it had angered him that she had seemed to expect him to be there for her yet hadn’t let him get close. Now that she was seeing it from the same perspective, however, he felt awful for ever thinking that way. “No, Harp’,” he softly urged, shaking his head. “We never wanted you to be anyone but who you are…”

He hung his head when she mentioned the pills. He had known, of course he had - after seeing how sick Erik had become from his cocaine addiction, Billy was familiar with the signs. Yet, too afraid that it might drive her away from him, he had never properly confronted her about it. Maybe if he had, he could have done something to help her…

Harper brought up their mother again and how she really believed she had followed in her footsteps, becoming an addict and losing control of herself. Billy wanted to deny it, but he couldn’t just reject the facts, and even though he himself didn’t see Harper as anyone but herself, the truth was that she had somehow ended up in a similar state. And he really didn’t want to accept that, because if what happened to Laura ever happened to Harper, he would never, ever forgive himself. He stood stiffly as she walked towards him, and held her tightly when she hugged him, returning her kiss on the cheek. She smiled at him when she clarified that they were still best friends, but the smile he gave her in return was strained. “‘Course. Always. You know I’ll be there for ya’, Harper…I’m gonna do better for ya’ from now on, okay? You don’t have to worry ‘bout a thing.”

He watched her as she moved over to their brothers, part of him relieved that the fight appeared to be over…but he got a niggling sense that something was wrong. Perhaps it was just residual worry lingering in his chest from seeing his sister break down, but he felt tense, like he could do with some shots to wash down the lump in his throat and a few cigarettes to take the edge off. It didn’t seem realistic to him that for all of Harper’s behavioural changes since the bombing, she could just suddenly be okay. This was going to happen again. He knew it would, because he had seen Erik’s intense mood swings when he was going through his withdrawal. The crying, the irritability, aggression, paranoia, and then the hollow, quiet, depressive state, unable to focus or listen. From treating Billy like he was the enemy, to clinging to him for comfort, to simply not caring at all. He could see Harper go through the same cycles, and yet he had failed to help her - and now she was the one left feeling guilty for it.

The room was plunged into silence when she finally left to apologise to Bruce and Darcey. Billy leaned back against the record cabinet and let out a heavy exhale. “This ain’t the end of it,” he said to his brothers, pushing his glasses up. “She’ll push us away again, and we’re gonna need to be there for her, no matter what she says.” He could feel his emotions rise up his throat and he tried to swallow them back down. “We can’t leave her feelin’ like that ever again.”

Bruce King

1664217450940.pngNow that his argument with Jeremy was over, Bruce felt nothing but downbeat. After losing Olga, Jakub, Ania and then Laura, he had taken his nephews and niece as a second chance at raising a family. He had done his best to maintain a strong and open relationship with them, guiding them through their grief and trauma and teaching them all the lessons he had learned in hopes that it would equip them to deal with whatever life threw their way. Their health, well-being and future became his main priorities and he was adamant that he would do whatever he could to build them up strong and well-adjusted, despite their rough start in life. Yet, somehow, it hadn’t turned out the way he expected, and he could only blame himself.

Darcey suggested that they had done their best for the four siblings, something that Bruce had told her back at Caspian’s clinic after coming close to losing Spencer. He struggled to believe it, now. With her hand on his cheek, she then asked him what he needed from her, and he shook his head. “Nothin’,” he murmured. “Just you, my love.” And, taking her hand into his, he drew her over to the kitchen table and sat down with her. He brought his elbows up onto the table and massaged his head as a headache began to set in.

“I musta’ done somethin’ wrong,” he said after a minute. “I always thought…that they could come to me with anythin’.” A sigh escaped him as he thought some more. “But more and more I’m findin’ myself in the dark. I didn’t even know about what Billy was goin’ through, or how troubled Erik was. I didn’t spot Jeremy and Harper developing a relationship, or see how much Harper was strugglin’, or figure out how to help her. I should know that, Darcey - I should know how to do that. I shoulda’ known she was…” His breath hitched as tears burned in his eyes and he covered his mouth with a trembling hand. His chest grew tight as images of Laura and Olga and his young children flashed across his mind. “I’m failin’ ‘em, Darce. Just like I failed -” But before her name could pass his lips, the phone rang. Realising how upset he had been getting while there were other people in the house, Bruce cleared his throat and stood up to get the phone, swallowing back his emotions and regaining a stiff upper lip.

“Bruce King, who’s this?”

Silence.

“‘Ello?” He glanced at Darcey with a puzzled frown on his face. He thought he could hear some sort of shallow, laboured breathing on the other end, but they weren’t saying anything. “Can you ‘ear me? Who is this?”

And then he heard it: a weak, strained plea for help, someone - a woman - clearly struggling to speak. He couldn’t think who could be calling him. Harper, Shona, May, Darcey…he thought of all the women who might call him in a time of crisis, but those four were all in his house. “Kerry, is that you?” he asked, nothing but concern in his voice. “Tatiana?” But there came no reply.

Frowning, Bruce hung up the phone and redialled. Of course, the phone was engaged. Whoever it was that had called him hadn’t managed to hang up. “Darcey, I think someone’s in trouble,” he said. “Get my Glock out the drawer, make sure it’s loaded. I need to find out who this is.”

He called Kerry, and then Tatiana, but there was no response from either of them. He called Jeremy too, and Christian, but got no answer. Finally, he dialled in the number that had originally called him and to his surprise, it rang. A man’s voice sounded on the other end. “Who is this?” he growled, assuming that whoever it was was responsible for the person’s suffering. When he said Harper was hurt, Bruce didn’t believe him. A few seconds passed before he said, “What are you playin’ at? Harper’s ‘ere with me.” But his heart was starting to hammer in his chest and he stretched the telephone cord out through the doorway so he could listen out and see if he could still hear his niece’s voice coming from the other room. But he heard nothing. “Trevor, that’s you, ain’t it?” he snarled. “What’ve you done to my niece?”

What the man said next made him feel sick. Harper had cut her wrists? Overdosed? But she was just there, she had just been there at his dinner table minutes ago... “BOYS?” he called out, letting the receiver slip out of his hand. His nephews came out of the room and into view, but Harper didn’t follow. “Where’s…where’s your sister?” he asked, breathlessly.

“She came out to see you and Darcey, she said,” Billy told him, a slight frown on his face.

“No, she didn’t.” There was a horrible silence between them until Bruce cursed loudly. “Darcey, call an ambulance to Harper's apartment! Come with me, all of ya’-”

“Uncle, what’s goin’ on?” Billy asked, noticing the older man was shaking as he secured his gun to his holster and grabbed his keys.

“You let her out your sight,” Bruce snapped, already on his way out. He didn’t really blame them, but after what he had just witnessed at the dinner table and heard down the phone, he was terrified of the state he was about to find his niece in.

* * * * *​

It was only a short drive to Harper’s house - five minutes, if that - but it felt like forever, knowing that time was of the essence. Bruce explained in the car what Trevor had told him, and just like Bruce, Billy couldn’t understand it. She had been with him and his brothers only moments before, and to think that she had said all of those things to them with the intention of killing herself straight after, it made him feel sick to his stomach. He spent the journey fighting back tears, and when they got there and saw the ambulance pulled up outside, it suddenly became real.

Bruce raced ahead, pushing past Jeremy and ignoring his warning. No one was going to stop him from seeing his little girl. Billy, on the other hand, stayed downstairs with Jeremy. The man looked pale and traumatised. With no words coming to mind that could help him, Billy instead just threw his arms around him and hugged him tight. “Forget the mess,” he said, referring to her apartment upstairs. “Come with us to the hospital - she’s gonna want ya’ there.”

When Bruce burst into the apartment, the paramedics were already tending to her. Her face was pale, her lips blue and her wrists bound by blood-stained towels. She was covered in blood. “Is she breathing?” he barked at them, which they immediately confirmed. Making sure he wasn’t in the way, he came to stand over his niece and placed a hand on her head, stroking her hair. She looked close to death, and even though she was alive now, he knew better than to take that as a sure sign that she would make it. He thought of his son Jakub, and the sliver of hope he had been given that he would survive the crash…only to watch him die in his little hospital bed hours later. “Harper, you’re gonna be alright, darlin’,” he spoke to her, his voice strained as he choked back tears. “I love you so much, my girl. Be strong, like I know you are…”

He stepped back then, allowing the paramedics to pick her up and load her onto the stretcher. It allowed Bruce a moment to take in the surroundings, and that’s when he finally properly noticed that Trevor was in the room. His eyes became fixed on him, unsure how to feel. “Trevor,” he said, his eye twitching from the stress. “What are you doin’ ‘ere? What the hell happened?”

Having backed away from Harper once the paramedics had arrived to take over, Trevor had for a short time stood by in a daze as he watched her being tended to. When he'd become aware of his hands covered in blood, he'd moved into the kitchen to wash his hands and take a moment to himself. He returned to the living room, holding the hand towel as he finished drying his hands. He stood in the corner of the room with his head lowered as he saw Bruce having a moment with Harper. Bruce soon noticed him and Trevor took a few steps closer. Though he'd washed his hands, the blood was still visible between his nails and on his clothes. "I came over to see her - just to chat as we have been doing," he answered. His voice was devoid of any of his usual confidence or cockiness, and his face looked like he'd seen a ghost. "I heard her screaming out and rushed in to... to this," he said, faltering as he struggled to hold back his emotions.

Bruce’s attention was divided between Harper on the stretcher and the man he had wanted so badly to stay away from his family. He drew an involuntary sharp inhale at hearing from Trevor that they had shared regular visits, his innate defensive nature rising up before he could stop it. But then it faded, when he realised that Harper would likely be dead by now if he hadn’t gone to see her. Once again, Bruce had failed her…all the lengths he had gone to protect her from outside harm, and yet he couldn’t even save her from herself. “You…you got here before she could…” A dizzy spell overcame him and he rooted his feet to the floor, reaching up to pinch the bridge of his nose and squeezing his eyes shut until it passed. The last person he ever expected to be in a position to thank was Trevor Stewart. “I don’t know what to say. I…” He shook his head and looked up, managing to fix his eyes on the man who stirred up such bitter anguish inside him. “You should have been stayin’ away from her. But you…you saved her life. You saved her life.” He was shaking all over by now, and found that it was getting increasingly difficult to keep his emotions under control. It was then that he spotted a piece of paper on the floor near Trevor’s feet, stained with bloody fingerprints. Wiping the sweat from his forehead, he pointed to the note. “What’s that?”

After their history, Trevor shouldn't care that Bruce looked beyond stressed and overwhelmed. No doubt not too far removed from how he'd appeared when he found Laura dead. It wasn't just that which made Trevor have to hold back from offering a supportive hand, but also right now being in a state of shock and devastation himself, having just held Harper's life in his own hands. When Bruce started by stating he should have been staying away, Trevor momentarily wondered if he was really going to have to defend himself and Harper's right to choose who she saw. But the man went on to acknowledge that he'd saved her life. Trevor nodded his head in confirmation. It wasn't appropriate to point out if he hadn't been going against Bruce's wishes his daughter would be dead, and no part of Trevor intended to. Harper's health was all that mattered right now.

When Bruce pointed down to the piece of paper, Trevor realised he'd dropped it between drying his hands. "Shit, I..." he began, somehow feeling like he'd been disrespectful in leaving it on the floor. He picked up the folded paper before hesitantly handing it to Bruce. "I haven't read it, but... it looks like she left a note before she hurt herself," he explained, figuring it would be clear it was a suicide note.

Bruce had a gut feeling he knew what the piece of paper was before Trevor even said the words, but he couldn’t face it yet. He took it from Trevor and immediately stored it neatly inside his jacket pocket, reaching up to pinch tears from his eyes before they could fall. While he understood there were times and places to cry and would deem his niece’s suicide attempt as a valid reason, he didn’t want to lose control of himself while he was still needed by his nephews - especially whilst in Trevor’s presence.

“Ready to take her down?” one of the paramedics said to another, and Bruce knew it was time to go if he wanted to accompany her to the hospital.

Drawing a deep breath, he looked Trevor in the eyes. “So, where are you goin’ now?” he asked. “I’m gonna go with her, and I’ll be meetin’ the lads at the hospital. Spencer, Alex and Billy are downstairs waitin’ now. I doubt they’d wanna see ya’, but…I can’t speak for Harper.” Of course, he hated the idea of allowing Trevor into the same space as his nephews, particularly Spencer and Alex who were still so sensitive to the man, but since Trevor had just saved Harper’s life, he no longer felt he had a right to keep his distance.

Trevor looked Bruce in the eyes when the man asked him where he would now be going. It made sense for Bruce to go in the ambulance with Harper, who he'd practically raised since birth. Of course his sons wouldn't want to see him, downstairs or at the hospital, but there was only one place Trevor could go. "My car's parked outside and I'm going to go to the hospital. I'll keep my distance from the lads. Don't want any drama, I just want to know how Harper is."

Pretending that his eyes weren't brimming with tears, Bruce gave a curt nod at Trevor's response. It was the first time he actually hadn't wanted to keep him away from Harper, and it felt strange to be looking at the man who's influence had killed his sister all those years ago and feel something other than pure disdain. The paramedics soon started to move Harper out of her apartment and Bruce quickly got out of their way, ready to meet them back downstairs where Jeremy, his nephews and Darcey were waiting. Before he left however, he turned back to Trevor, one hand on the door frame and said, "Thank you."

Downstairs, he could see how worried everyone appeared and was glad they hadn't followed him upstairs where all the blood was. He immediately went over to Darcey, grateful that she was there. “You okay to drive the boys over, and I’ll meet ya’ there?” he asked her, with a quick kiss on the cheek. He then moved to place a hand on Spencer’s shoulder and gave it a squeeze. “Call my place and let everyone know where we’ll be, alright?” Once everyone knew what they were doing, Bruce went outside to the ambulance.

“Are you the father?” asked one of the paramedics.

“Uncle. Uh, next of kin.”

“Are you riding in the back? It helps if she has a loved one there for support.”

“Yes,” he nodded. “Yes, I’ll ride with her.”

Billy watched as Bruce followed his sister into the ambulance. Seeing her had been a shock, with her wrists bleeding profusely into blood-soaked towels and looking lifeless in a way he hoped he would never have to see again. Last time he had seen her looking close to death, the anxiety had ended up making him sick in the back of an ambulance, and this time he felt that same fear grip him, squeezing his insides and leaving him nauseous and frankly terrified. It was even worse knowing she had done it to herself. “Jeremy, when did…how did she…” He placed his hands on his hips to steady himself as he shifted from foot to foot, and looked up at the man. A tear spilled down his cheek before he could rein it in. “What happened?”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Harper
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Alex, Darcey
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer, Trevor
BasDorcha BasDorcha Jeremy

Braden Callahan
Hattie Callahan

Callahan Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

2dc0e44f2749640c9f2fe24916b3af25.jpeg
Braden could see just how much he was making a fool of himself with the amount Amy was laughing at him. It didn't hurt his feelings but it did make him feel like he just needed to stop talking. But there was no stopping him as he stumbled. After years and years and years of not dating, he was rusty when it came to talking with women. Especially such a pretty and sweet woman like Amy.

He watched as she pressed her pointer fingers together at his request for her to just stitch his mouth shut. His head tilted in slight curiosity as she said she could do that for him before Amy caught him by further surprise, leaning forward and kissing him. The man's eyes went wide as she did that, their lips pressing together gently before she pulled away. When she did, he was effectively silenced, at a complete loss for words as he froze.

Braden had been avoiding women for years, not wanting to get his heart broken again. One time was enough in his mind and with Hattie getting older now, he kind of missed his window to date without it affecting his daughter. But now, as he sat in complete and utter silence, he wondered if Amy could be the person that he would risk it all for. It seemed crazy considering that they had just met and he knew that he couldn't think that far into the future, but the thought passed through his mind.

When she commented on him being speechless, the man made a little noise, somewhere between a laugh and a groan. Brady had a stupid lopsided grin on his face as Amy smiled at him shyly, catching his eyes. He couldn't remember the last time he smiled so much, his cheeks were actually hurting. As she started to put her things away, turning away, the man forced his normal passive expression back onto his face. Not wanting to scare her even though she literally just made the first move and kissed him.

fd9386973184e44fab04b71f36232a02--famous-models-casting.jpg
When he finally had the courage to speak again, feeling confident that he wouldn't just continue to talk, the man reached up to scratch the back of his neck. "So uh...I know that a few weeks ago I had talked about getting coffee." The man knew that he was going to try to talk himself out of a date but that would be worried about later.

"I was wonderin' if you'd like to-" Before he could say much more, Hattie called to him as she pushed open one of the french doors, "Daddi!" She called, running into the room before bouncing onto the couch. "Grandma said I could have dessert, but she said to ask you." The redheaded child grinned before looking at Amy, clearly just noticing her. "Hi! I'm Hattie!"

Braden looked a bit mortified that his daughter had just interrupted him trying to ask Amy out on a date but recovered by offering his daughter a warm smile. "Hattie, it's rude to interrupt. But I guess I could let it slide for tonight This is Amy, she is a friend of Uncle Finn's." Hattie looked at her closely before whispering to her father in a voice she thought no one else could hear, "She's very pretty, Daddi."
with: Amy BasDorcha BasDorcha

Bruce King's House
& Harper's Apartment

Spencer King and Trevor Stewart

ezgif-5-c32b844390-gif.1021680
Spencer stayed quiet as his brothers took their opportunity to speak to Harper and try to get through to her. He had to stay silent as Alex pointed out that she wasn't the only one who had felt trapped, that their mother's death had left them all feeling suffocated. He let out a sigh as Alex asked Harper what she wanted, the tears showing how upset he was by it all. Spencer sat up straight when Alex stormed over to their sister, but his younger brother placed his hands on her cheeks to reassure her that they all cared. Even though nobody was looking his way, Spencer nodded in agreement with his brother's sentiment. He then watched as Billy made his attempt to reassure Harper, reminding her that they'd always been best friends. He momentarily relaxed as Billy said he loved her, hoping it would help to calm their sister.

Spencer looked directly to his sister as she admitted she'd been fighting her own battles in private. It pained him to hear how much she's missed them and missed herself, especially to hear her say she didn't recognise herself anymore. When she addressed him directly, saying she wasn't sure how much Jeremy told him, Spencer locked eyes with Harper. Hearing that she was struggling to fight her morphine pills was gutting to hear. Spencer managed to maintain a straight face, but on the inside, his felt a wave of nausea and a heavy heart to know she was facing similar to their mother. Were he not already battling to keep his sister calm, he would have addressed it there and then, but he didn't want to overwhelm her now she wasn't screaming at them. He nodded in understanding when she said Jeremy had been helping her to stay away from the morphine. Despite that, it still haunted him to hear how she felt like she was losing her mind. "We're all here to help you, Harper. We want to be here for you," he gently reassured her. There was a whole lot more he wanted to say, but he could see how exhausted and tense everyone already was for one evening.

When Harper stood up, Spencer instinctively did the same. He observed as she hugged and kissed Billy, telling him they were still best friends. She then moved on to hug Alex and apologised for what she'd said to him, taking back that she'd compared him to Trevor. Spencer wasn't convinced their issues were over, but he at least saw a breakthrough with her hugging and apologising to her brothers. It was a start and he hoped they could try work to resolve their issues after they'd all had chance to sleep on it. Harper then approached him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. Despite the discomfort, he held her close in return, kissing the top of his sister's head. She acknowledged how much she appreciated what he'd done for her and their brothers over the years, prompting him to nod his head. "It's okay, Harper. I wouldn't have had it any other way, love," he reassured her. He smiled when she tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek.

Harper then walked to the door as she spoke of going to apologise to Bruce and Darcey, to which he nodded his head in understanding. He was sure both of them would appreciate the apology and to see Harper had calmed down. Once she had left the room, Spencer looked to Alex and Billy, sending them a nod and an unconvincing smile. He was exhausted and in pain, not quite sure he had it in him to stick around for much longer that evening. "I know, Billy," he agreed when his brother said this wasn't the end of it. "We're all going to be there for her," he echoed his words, not comfortable accepting this was the end of it either. Not after how heated Harper had been. He took a moment to sit back down in the armchair, wanting to try regain some energy to stick around the place as long as he needed to. Resting his elbows on his knees, he held his head in his hands. His eyes stared down towards the carpeted floor as he tried to compose himself. He was sure his recovery wasn't helping the situation, but he was finding the evening overwhelming. The way Harper had been screaming at them. The way Laura's name had been thrown around like she was no better than Trevor. Then the revelation that Harper was struggling with drugs herself. It was all a lot to take in; that she'd ended up down the very path he'd hoped to protect her from. It stirred up so much about his mother and it was killing him to imagine the same thing now happening to his sister.

After some time trying to organise his thoughts, he suddenly heard Bruce shout of for him and his brothers. Spencer quickly looked to the door before getting up from his chair, wondering what the hell was going on this time. When he joined Bruce outside the room, the man asked where Harper was. Billy was first to answer and Spencer's expression simply confirmed it. "So where is she--" he began when Bruce said she'd never gone to him and Darcey to apologise. His uncle seemed even more stressed than around the dinner table and hearing him ask Darcey to call an ambulance made Spencer's heart sink. Covering his mouth with his hand, the nausea Spencer had been feeling all evening threatened to manifest to actually throwing up. Hearing Bruce say he and his brothers had let her out of their sight hit hard. Was it really his fault? Normally he'd have been more assertive and overbearing with his sister, but he'd held back after seeing how worked up and upset she'd got, not wanting her to scream at him again for making her feel trapped her. Spencer felt his throat tighten, for a moment feeling like he couldn't breath.

*****​

f5fa7b4816a99cf870c915f2cfda7bd4.gifWhen they reached Harper's apartment, Jeremy stood at the door trying to stop them from going upstairs. Bruce pushed past him, not willing to leave Harper alone. Spencer remained outside, but he struggled to stay still, not comfortable with staying away from Harper. After Billy had hugged Jeremy and told him to come to the hospital, Spencer looked to his best friend. "Come here," he said, pulling Jeremy in and firmly patting him on the back. "I love you, brother," he reassured him, knowing how difficult things had been for his friend back at Bruce's place. Although his gesture was genuine, Spencer released Jeremy only to bypass him and begin making his way to his sister. Despite wanting to face the scene head on, something suddenly held him back and he found himself holding onto the corridor wall to steady himself. Amongst the dizziness and that suffocating feeling, his forehead began to sweat. Gasping for air, his thoughts became filled with memories of his mother's face. The sight of her lying dead felt as fresh as the day he'd stumbled upon her lifeless body. He could stomach a lot of blood, violence and gore, but he wasn't ready to face seeing Harper in that state. Not after he was still haunted by Laura's death.

Spencer returned outside, coughing up his lungs as all of the tension seemed to exacerbate the lingering effects of all the smoke inhalation from nearly burning to death a couple of weeks ago. Spencer breathed in the fresh her, trying to recover before Harper could be brought out to the ambulance.

When the paramedics carried Harper out, Spencer took a moment to catch up with them and he gently stroked his sister's head. "I love you, Harper," he softly told her. When he was approached by his uncle, Spencer returned the man's gesture and squeezed his shoulder too. "I will," he confirmed when asked to call his house to update the others.

Not wanting to waste time and with the apartment now empty, Spencer told his brothers he'd be right back as he needed to go call the others from Harper's phone. As he turned to go inside, Spencer's eyes landed on Trevor who had slowly made his way outside. Instinctively, Spencer grabbed the man by the shoulders and pushed him back against the wall. He stared at the man before him, able to see how shocked and upset he was. Torn between his lifetime of hatred for his father and being aware that Trevor had just saved Harper's life, Spencer froze on the spot, blocking out anything his brothers or the others around might be saying to him. Despite the anger, no words left Spencer's mouth and he quickly retreated, releasing Trevor and backing away before rushing into Harper's apartment.

When Spencer got inside he focused on getting to the telephone, blocking out the blood and mess around his sister's apartment. Grabbing the receiver of the telephone, he quickly dialled Bruce's place. "Sh-Shona?" he asked, stuttering as he tried to hold in his emotions despite hearing his wife's soothing voice. "We're all going to the hospital. Can you and the others meet us there? Maybe... see if you can get in touch with Kerry too," he suggested, knowing Alex would be hurting and the barmaid seemed to be doing a good job at being there for his brother lately. He paused to clear the lump from his throat. It wasn't like she'd have much of an option anyway, but he still had to ask his next question. "Please can you bring Eddie too?" he asked, not only wanting to have Shona in his arms but wanting to keep his son close too.

Meanwhile, Trevor had chosen not to react in any way to Spencer. Even if he had the energy to, he wasn't going to respond and risk making the situation even worse. He'd sent Jeremy an acknowledging nod before briefly looking to Alex and Billy, knowing he should keep his distance from them. He rushed back to his car, but didn't set off immediately. The confines of his own space was enough to finally allow him to put his shield down and burst out sobbing as he rested his elbows on the steering wheel.

Not long after, Spencer returned outside, ready for Darcey to take him and the others to the hospital...

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
BasDorcha BasDorcha
Pyroclast Pyroclast
Bellz Bellz

Harper's
~ Bethnal Green, London~
Alexander King & Darcey Hargraves
86d00466a739f5d46389a1c77100d4fccc05ab03.gifv

One by one he and his brothers tried to make it clear to Harper they were there for her. That whatever burdens she decided to carry on her shoulders she didn't have to do alone. They cared about her more than words could ever imagine and staring at her and the way she responded he couldn't help but feel their words were causing more harm than good. And when she apologized, voice cracking and spazzing in her throat, it became more apparent how hurt she was. She chastised herself for not being a good sister and Alex wanted to deny such a claim. Shaking his head, he opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it when she did instead.

She'd finally opened up to them - something Alex had been wanting for weeks; but not like this. Not because she felt cornered. Not because things had gotten to such a dramatic and tense point. He wanted her to feel like she could come to them of her own will without having to be pushed in such a way. Nevertheless, he was shocked to hear how she'd been feeling. Harper's drug use and her struggle with it had never been that much of a secret. Even Alex - perhaps the most self-centered of his siblings - could see that something in her had changed. But because he was in his own head, dealing with his own shit, he'd ignored it. In reality, he should've shoved his issues aside or even learned how to multitask so he could be there for her. Wasn't that what older siblings are supposed to do? Come to the rescue at the drop of hat? Knowing that he hadn't. Knowing that he'd failed was a burden he thought would crush him. When she began to describe her addiction and how difficult it had been to shake he looked down at the ground. Is that why, he wondered, she seemed so foreign?

Alex's body stiffened then when she hugged him before fully receiving her - his arms wrapping around her shoulders. Though being something he wanted, the hug and apology, and love he felt from Harper didn't feel right. It didn't feel like they were making up it felt like they were saying goodbye. But maybe it was goodbye for the night. Maybe she had exhausted herself and simply wanted to go home to sleep. So instead of inquiring, instead of forcing her to be even more honest, he just remained quiet and kissed the top of her head. "Stop apologizing," he whispered before letting her go. Ever since the visit with Trevor, he'd come to the realization that he was, in fact, and at one point, exactly like Trevor. He may not have gotten Savannah hooked on drugs but he sure as hell broke her heart and ruined their relationship without a care in the world. He'd been reckless with his life and the lives of others and he didn't want to do that. Especially to the people he loved and held dear.

After she'd gone around the room to Billy and Spencer, she departed; leaving the three of them to process what had happened. His legs felt weak- numb to the point where he squatted down. With the palm of his hands pressed together, he closed his eyes and tapped his thumbs against his forehead. Things didn't feel right. They'd had a breakthrough. They aired everything out. But it didn't feel right. Billy spoke up, commenting that their conversation hadn't been over. Maybe that was it, he thought. Maybe that's what that nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach was. Opening his eyes to look up at Billy he just nodded his head. Everything continued to play on loop in his head as the room suddenly grew quiet. Just as he was standing to his feet once more he could hear Bruce shouting from the kitchen and followed his brothers to his Uncle's location. Darcey had already been on the phone, calling an ambulance and he looked at her in confusion. Bruce, Billy, and Spencer had shoved on past him in a flurry without answering his question. As Darcey slammed the phone back down on the receiver, she grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him out the door - her voice wavering. "I'll tell you in the car."

As Bruce filled them all in whilst driving to his sister's place, Alex felt his whole world crumble. Just moments ago he had ignored all the signs pointing to something being wrong... Again. Even though reassurances were passed around and,"You couldn't have known," was being said to the three of them, Alex felt like he should have. There was no way in this world his sister, Harper King, was going to let things go that quickly; that easily. There was groveling to be done and yet she'd just left them all after saying goodbye. Goodbye, he thought. He fucking knew it. By the time they'd arrived there was an ambulance flashing its lights outside. His heart began to beat faster and he didn't even wait for the car to stop before he shoved out. Jeremy had been standing by the door, Bruce shoving past him to run inside. Alex knew apologies were due to him as well, but right now he had to see about Harper. Alex tore his red, puffy eyes from the man before following his uncle inside - immediately hit with a case of deja vu.

Limp body. Blonde hair. Bruce's silent tears. He stood in the doorway unable to move - feelings and emotions and memories he'd tried so hard to shove down and keep there. Being reminded of such a traumatic experience was the last thing Alex wanted to go through, yet here he was feeling like a little kid again. The same kid who'd been there the night Laura OD'd. For a moment it was difficult for him to tell the difference - to tell exactly where and when he was. The world around him, thought chaotic, seemed to slow until all he heard was white noise. That's not Laura, that's Harper. That's not Laura, that's Harper. THAT'S NOT LAURA, THAT'S HARPER. The voice in his head kickstarted his mind again as he made his way towards her, noticing the wrapping around her wrists. The puddle of blood caught his attention - taking a double take. And then it all came together.

Harper had tried to kill herself.
f52d7bbf13c726e200323aaab39d143c28a059b0.gif

It took everything in him not to fall apart at the seams, going so far as to turn to the closest person to him. It wasn't until he forced himself back that he realized that that person had been Trevor. He looked... Apologetic. Regretful. Yet, thankful, all at the same time. He'd managed to catch the part about Trevor being the one to have called Bruce and as much as he wanted to thank him he couldn't force the words out. Hearing the paramedics speaking to each other he stepped away from Trevor, not acknowledging what he had done, before quickly making his way to Harper. Tears started pouring from his eyes once more as he took a shaky hand and stroked her hair, kissing her forehead. Knowing they had to get her to the hospital he didn't linger for much too long, letting them do their jobs. He did, however, follow them out as if to make sure they were careful with her. When he saw Spencer again, something in him told him to warn him about Trevor, but he couldn't. Those words, all of his words, had been stuck in his throat.

Meanwhile, Darcey had remained outside with the others. As much as she wanted to go up, as much as she wanted to check on Harper immediately, she couldn't bring herself to. The scene. She was sure what kind of scene had been awaiting them and if she saw it- if she saw her little girl in such a state she wouldn't be able to control herself. Darcey had been, in a sense, the matriarch of the family. Which meant she was supposed to be the strong one. The one who made sure everyone had the support. However, she was struggling. Having still not recovered from the events for a few weeks, she worried that she wouldn't be able to help the way she knew she should be able to. When they finally brought Harper down, however, Darcey swallowed that fear and followed after Bruce. "Bruce? Bruce, please tell me she's okay," she begged, voices breaking and tears streaking down her face. Harper had always, deep in her heart, been her daughter. Knowing that she was hurt yet again shattered Darcey's heart.

Unable to remain still and waiting, Alex made his way back up to the apartment. His goal in mind was clear - cleaning the mess he made. Or rather, the one his head kept telling him he made. When Harper woke up - something he was speaking into existence - woke up he didn't want her to see the mess. He didn't want her to be reminded of what she had done. Spencer was inside and he overheard him asking Shona to tell Kerry to come to the hospital. He walked over, eyes glued to the ground. "Um... I'm not- I'm gonna stay and clean. Will you... Ask her to come here instead?" His voice was a whisper - words scratching at his throat as he spoke. "I just- She can't come home to this, Spence," he stated, gesturing to the mess.

When Spencer returned to the rest of them outside, Darcey had the boys load up into her car. "Where's Alex? He shouldn't be left alone," she said, noticing the look on his face. As Spencer filled her in, Darcey tilted her head to the side as she understood what her nephew was doing. "Okay," she said softly, patting his cheek. "Come on, let's go."

Last edited:
Oak Tree Restaurant
~Dublin City Centre, Dublin~
Marco Jimenez

ea1dba64439515318ce497d77408f812.jpg
Marco had been around long enough to know that Michelle Romano was Conor Sullivan's daughter - his boss' daughter. Everything about her was taboo, including him sitting down to have a drink with her. As innocent as he may try to play it off or even make it seem, Marco was definitely flirting with her. Ever since returning from London beaten, bruised, and broken he'd been stuck on chauffeur duties. While he was still able to use his other arm if he needed to shoot or stab someone he wasn't at 100% fighting capabilities. It limited the guard duties he could do. So, the best alternative was to drive the ladies of the family around with a partner. Louis being that partner. But as Marco continued to drive the likes of Michelle around he couldn't help but stare at her more and more from the rearview mirror.

Maybe it was the taboo aspect. Maybe it was the fact that he was attracted to her or even a combination of the two. But the lewd thoughts that coursed through his mind were getting harder and harder to fight back. Which is probably why he'd taken it upon himself to slide into Ali's seat, forearm propped up on the countertop with that charming little smile of his. Hearing that she'd only had one drink for him thus far, he feigned heartbreak and placed his hand over his chest. "Mi hermosa y dulce amiga," he started, shaking his head. "I thought you'd do better than that by now." His tone was teasing, his voice low as if trying to keep a secret.

After a few seconds, he rapped his knuckles on the counter. She asked what he would be if she were a flower, letting out a slight life. "Una hierba - a weed. Always in places, I shouldn't be, yet very hard to get rid of." There may have been certain... Undertones in his comment but if there were he didn't make it at all obvious. He was being as subtle as he possibly could be. "Now, where am I taking you tonight? Your home? The big home," he said in reference to the family home. "Or perhaps somewhere for you to cause trouble? I'm yours to use as you please."

Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Sullivan's Pub
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Leo & Aliana Sullivan
max-thieriot-1645831718.jpg

Leo paid as much attention to his father as he possibly could listening to him open up about his struggles. When he was a kid, Leo had been proud and excited for his father to have made as many changes as he had; a sentiment he shared with his mother. Because then it meant he wouldn't end up in prison again. Leo would never have to talk to his father across a cold, metal table while his parents bickered about their marriage. Things had been going the way they should've been the day Conor was able to curb both those issues. Now, however, hearing that Conor felt like something was off and that anger was bubbling up again worried him. "Anger," he said, knee bouncing under the table as he grew anxious. "Anger about what exactly?" Leo knew the man had a lot to be angry about - the attacks, he and Thomas, Adam. Even Ali for keeping things from him but he figured his father would have eventually let that all go. It didn't sit right with him knowing that Spencer and his stupid brothers could have done real damage.

Conor revealed that he'd felt physically weak causing Leo to look up at him in concern. His eyebrows furrowed in thought before he shook his head. "It's temporary," he repeated. "This... Feeling. It's temporary." Leo knew what it felt like to feel weak. "I dont-," he started, face contorting into one of confusion. It was always difficult for him to put his thoughts into words. It seemed easier with Natasha, but that was something different. "I don't exactly know how to explain but-... Every time I felt weak - whether that be when you got hurt or mom or anyone else, I just had to remind myself that the feeling is temporary. Because the longer you think that you're weak the more you start to believe it." He paused, scratching the back of his head. "I don't know it that makes sense or not," he said, letting out a slight chuckle. "And what's your deal with Adam dating Blake, anyway? From what Nat says and what I saw at dinner the other night he really cares for her and makes Blake happy. Is it... Is it Jackson?"
hannah-john-kamen-296946-1639414426748-promo.700x0c.jpg

He wasn't quite sure how he'd feel after explaining himself to Conor. Whether his father would yell at him for being a moron or completely understand where he was coming from remained unseen.

Leo started twiddling his thumbs under the table while Conor took in his words and when he told him he understood Leo felt relieved. He wasn't fighting him on it. He was going to be in his corner and even help him figure it all out. Leo was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed - Conor's words and approval were something he'd wanted from the man for years. And now, here he was. Leo nodded his head in understanding as he was informed he'd need to learn how it all worked, wanting him to be prepared for anything. "Thanks, dad. I'm glad you're in my corner about this and I promise I'll make you proud." A silence fell over them for a moment, Leo unsure of what to say next. He sat back in his seat, looking between the table and Conor before settling on him. "Hey I...," he trailed off, clearing his throat. "I love you, dad."

"Well isn't that sweet?" Catching Leo's final words to his father, Aliana had been standing in the doorway with her arms crossed. Leo's face immediately turned red - something about his mother hearing him get sentimental embarrassing him. "Mom! What are you doing here?" The smile on her face tightened, her eyes narrowing as she walked toward them. "Don't play fucking stupid, Leo, it's unbecoming." She grabbed the back of a chair, sliding it up the table. "Imagine me," she said, deciding to be dramatic as she sat between her son and husband. "Having drinks with my stepdaughter when I'm suddenly interrupted by Marco and Louis about a scuffle happening down at the bar and my husband was involved," she turned to look at Conor, tilting her head to the side. "And me worrying that something is horribly, horribly wrong only to find out said husband was fighting his best friend." Pursing her lips she straightened herself up, leaning back in her seat and crossing her legs. "Wanna tell me what happened?" Leo opened his mouth to speak up in defense of his father only to have Ali put her finger up at him. "Not talking to you this time. Talking to the big one."

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Storybook Art Gallery
~Uppereast Side, Manhattan~
Elvian Moretti & Ava Snowden

Angelina-Jolie-for-Hia-Magazine-September-2021-angelina-jolie-44109971-1080-1080.jpg
For a moment Ava just stared at Gabriel, knowing full well what Erik was also doing over in London. She was sure Erik nor Billy had thought much about what they'd do if Erik ever had to return to New York. Long-distance? Visits? Would one of them move? Ava figured she'd be more than okay and understanding if Erik stayed in London with Billy, but that would mean severing his ties with Gabe. And Gabe didn't seem like a man who would appreciate losing an employee simply because they wanted to be in love. Especially a gay one. She felt like she should at least warn her cousin about such a possibility and made a note to do so once she returned home. Though it may seem like she was going behind Gabe's back - which, she basically was - she knew how much Erik cared for and loved Billy so she was willing to face those consequences. Finally deciding on how to react, she just smiled and nodded her head. "I'm... Sure he'll love that! I know I will," she lied, turning her attention to Valentina.

Her former sister-in-law expressed a desire to visit London with her husband, smiling at the thought. Gabriel, of course, turned it down. "It's quite nice," she said, aware that she was probably not helping curve her desire to travel. "The clubs here are nothing in comparison and there are so many nice restaurants and galleries and men-," she said, pausing as she remembered the lovely little night she'd spent with a stranger. Well, she thought, could she really consider him a stranger now? Not after the things they did to each other. Noticing the heat rising to her face, Elvian looked at her with a mischievous grin on her face. Elvian knew that eventually, Ava would have to move on from her son and though she was conflicted about it, she still wanted Ava to be happy. "Oh? What's this about the men?" Ava cleared her throat, quickly changing the topic.

depositphotos_16613441-stock-photo-catherine-zeta-jones.jpg

"Ah, that sounds so amazing! I can only hope to be able to juggle so many responsibilities at once," she commended. "And I'm glad Cristina is reverting back to her old self - I miss her," she said, realizing that she hadn't even been around much as of late. Is this what happens when you're unsure about your place in someone else's family? You start to distance yourself from them instead of trying to figure it all out? "Well, if you ever need a babysitter or a night off I am quite available. No one to wait for me at home, so-," realizing what she'd just said, she brought her fingertips up to her lips. Elvian looked away. Dark humor wasn't her strong suit and Ava knew this, beating herself up for even saying so. Luckily, however, another distraction presented itself. Or rather, himself.

It was his voice that had her turning around first and not his words. Like she'd ever forget that sound. And when she turned around to face him her heart nearly stopped. One-night stands, she thought, were supposed to remain that; one-night stands. Yet, as she boarded her plane back to New York she found herself yearning for it to be more than that. Whether that was the widow in her wanting to be touched and held and caressed again she didn't know. But, she did know she was, shocked, relieved, and confused by the man's appearance. "Boy scout," she said, blinking and shaking her head. "I mean, Klaus. London. Of course." She was suddenly nervous. The girl he met at the bar was confident and sure of herself. But right now, surrounded by the people who intimidated her and - through no fault of their own - made her nervous, she was nearly anything but. Elvian cleared her throat, an amused grin on her face. "Right! Um, Klaus, this is my in-laws. Former? Er, anyway. This is Valentina, my sister-in-law. Elvian, my mother-in-law. And Gabriel, my father-in-law. Guys this is Klaus. We... Met in London. And he's-," she paused, turning to him. "What are you doing here?" Her eyes then darted to Wesley, head nodding towards him. "Who's your friend?"

Valentina, Gabe ( Misty Gray Misty Gray ) Klaus, Wesley ( Bellz Bellz )

Pinewood Care Home
~ Cambridge Heath, London ~
Philip Stewart

View attachment 1024314Phil adored that his wife would support him, whatever his choice may be. The fact that she was willing to let him open up to his brother without a fight was a statement to that fact. He slipped his hand into hers and squeezed, pulling her up from the couch with him. The doctors seemed to be done across the hall, and he wanted to stop in and see his mother. They sat and chatted with her for a while, getting a list of things that she needed, her future appointments, and just spending some time with them. Towards the end of the visit, Phi hugged her and sat with her for a few moments. “Mom, I know you’ve given Trevor another chance… I figure if you can, I can. But I ask you to be patient, I’m not as willing as you to let bygone be bygones just yet. I will give him a chance though.”

His mother had hugged him, happy to hear that the brothers might find a way to work things out before she was gone and couldn’t see it. The woman was dabbing at her eyes as they wished her goodbye and got ready to leave. Upon exiting the building, Phil slid his arm around his wife and in a smooth movement, pivoted to stand in front of her as he captured her between him and the wall. With one hand braced beside her head and the other around her waist, he kissed her, keeping his forehead to hers as he smiled and talked to her in a low voice.

“Now, Mrs. Stewart, I believe we have a date and a hotel to get to, don’t we?” He grinned, enjoying the fact the kids were now old enough to mind themselves so him and her could have more time together. It had been a long time of youngin’s and babysitters, but now nights like tonight could happen, he could be spontaneous with her, and unlike most couples, their spark had not faded to just the daily monotony of married life and kids. Now he could nurture it on a deeper level, and he intended to start that night.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Sarah <3

Bruce' House

Shona King

1664318670756.pngSeeing May's eyes mist up with tears put concern in Shona's heart. Emotions were high within the family for many reasons, yet May seemed to be taking on some of the blame herself and it clearly affecting her. "May, love, you can't put this all on you," she said, placing an arm around her shoulder. "Alex and Harper - hell, all these Kings - are an emotionally complex bunch. It wouldn't surprise me if their argument runs a lot deeper than what happened with Tom and Braden." She believed what she was telling her, but she also recognised that she wouldn't have given it nearly as much thought as May would have. Shona's hands had been more than full since that night, looking after Spencer in the wake of his near-fatal run in with the enemy. He had been her number one concern, and while she had a knack for multitasking, she had to understand that there was bound to be certain details about the situation with Harper and Alex that she had missed.

Erik stepped through the door then, looking relieved to be out in the fresh air and away from the chaos indoors. He asked for a hold of Eddie and Shona smiled at him, nodding at May to hand the baby over when she was done. Eddie had calmed down considerably, which surprised her given that it had started to rain beyond the awning of the veranda. Maybe the pattering sound was in some way pacifying to him.

Once they were all sitting on the bench with Eddie nestled in Erik's arms, Shona looked out to the darker edges of the garden and drew May into a cuddle. She couldn't help but chuckle at Erik's light-hearted remark about the King family's drama - sometimes she had to laugh, so as to off-set the actual turmoil that coursed through the family. But then May expanded on her earlier worry that she was the root of a lot of their recent anguish and Shona felt compelled to squeeze her tight. "Don't be silly, you ain't a bad luck charm," she tried to soothe her, planting a kiss on her head. "You came 'ere with innocent intentions, May, just wantin' to find your family, and there ain't nothin' wrong with that, okay? How the rest of the family react and deal with the truth is up to them, but it ain't your fault, luv'. None of it ain't."

Hearing the telephone ring through the kitchen window, Shona remained in her seat, assuming that someone inside would pick it up. However, after it rang several times, she stood up and peered through the window only to see no one there. "I'll be right back," she said, gently stroking Eddie's cheek as she passed.

The house was eerily quiet, given how loud it had been when she was last inside. Tentatively, Shona picked up the phone. "'Ello? This is Bruce King's residence."

When she heard Spencer's voice, her heart shook. He sounded upset. "Spencer?" she asked, concern already in her voice. "Where is everyone? Are you okay?" He mentioned the hospital and anxiety rose up within her. "Spencer, what's goin' on? Who's -" But he didn't answer her, only telling her to gather the others and meet them there, as well as send Kerry to Harper's apartment. "O-okay, darlin', I'm on my way," she assured him, gripping the receiver in both hands. "'Course I'll bring Eddie, too, don't you worry. Just hold on, alright? I love you, baby." When she hung up the phone and dialled Kerry's number, she was shaking.

"Erik, May, get your coats on," she urged, picking Eddie up out of Erik's arms. "I don't know what's happened, but Spencer just called and told us to come to the hospital."

* * * * *​

When they reached the front desk, Shona placed the baby carrier on the counter. The receptionist asked what they were here for, and that's when she realised she didn't know who it was that had been admitted. So, she swallowed and took her first guess. "Um…I was told someone in my family would be here," she explained as she rolled back the waterproof cover from Eddie's carrier. "Harper King? I think?"

"Harper King…" The receptionist ran a finger down the admissions sheet. "Young Caucasian woman." She looked up at Shona quizzically, not believing they could be related. "And you are?"

"Sister-in-law," Shona snapped. "And half-sister and, um…and brother-in-law." Close enough, she thought. At least if it was family-only then Erik wouldn't be left behind.

The receptionist continued to look through the log, though Shona could see Harper's name at the top of the page and was growing impatient. "Mm yes, Harper King," the woman said. "Admitted into the intensive care unit about 6 minutes ago. Go straight down the hall and take two lefts, go through the double doors and that'll take you to the waiting room."

Shona quickly thanked her, then picked up the carrier and walked as fast as she could towards the waiting room. Her heart pounded with worry - Harper had been troubled and in ill health for some time now and had only seemed to be getting worse. After witnessing her explosive outburst at the dinner table, it sickened her to think she might have had a breakdown and hurt herself somehow.

The Royal London Hospital
~ Tower Hamlets, London ~

Bruce King

1664318612035.pngThe ride to the hospital had been like something from a nightmare. Everything was happening so fast - the ambulance meandering through the busy London streets; the actions the paramedics were taking to stem the bleeding and keep her breathing; the rapidfire questions that the paramedics were asking him. As the shock began to set in, Bruce struggled to keep up with it all. He was too entranced by the sight of his niece, how much she looked like her mother. She always had been the spitting image of Laura, but this time, with her bloodshot eyes and colourless lips, she was stirring up the worst memory Bruce had of his sister. She had a chance, he kept telling himself - Laura hadn't made it, but Harper had a chance. And as long as there was a chance, he would cling to all hope and do whatever he could to ensure she had the best help she could get.

In contrast to the chaotic journey, sitting in the waiting room of the ICU was painfully quiet. While each minute in the ambulance had seemed to slip by dangerously fast, time now seemed to crawl. He sat alone in the waiting room while he waiting for everyone else to arrive and forced himself to hold it together. However, he hadn't forgotten the note he had tucked away in his breast pocket…it felt heavy against his chest, and eventually he couldn't bear to ignore it anymore. He was alone, with nothing and no one to distract him, and so he drew out the paper and unfolded it.

Well, considering we live together...I'm sure the one reading this first is you Jeremy.

Bruce paused, naturally reluctant to read something that wasn’t addressed to him. But then, if these were meant to be Harper’s final words, he wanted to know what she had to say. A last chance to truly listen to her.
Hi...how are you, love? I don't know how this works. If I was successful this time around...I'm sure that question seems cruel. I feel like everything I've done to you over the last few months has been cruel. But...I don't regret them, like I regret other things in my life. I just want to make that clear first. And I know that sounds wrong too, Jesus. I mean...I don't regret the time I spent with you. Even if it was selfish, I'm glad I finally put my worries aside to let you in.

I'm sure you are wondering why I did it, wondering if any of this is your fault, or if you could have prevented it somehow. Well, I'll tell you the same thing I'll tell you to share with my family. Sometimes, there isn't anything you can do. I learned that pretty quickly over the last few months. I spent most of my life wondering what I'd done, what my brothers had done...to deserve what our parents had done to us. Trevor leaving, my mother giving up on life. As far as Laura is concerned, I understand exactly what she went through now. This sickness, this addiction...makes me feel like nothing is ever enough past my next fix. But in my moments of clarity, my moments with you...I could see the light at the end of the long tunnel. But I know now, nothing could help my mum...just like nothing could help me. 

None of this is your fault, or even my family's fault.

Please be sure to tell Alex that I'm sorry, I know he's trying his best. He's far better than Trevor ever was. He didn't deserve any of the things I said to him. But he was right about me. Kerry and him are good together, and I can see just how happy he is with her. And to Spencer, tell him I said thank you, for growing up so quickly to take care of us. And to treat Shona right, or I'll haunt him. Kiss little Eddie for me. That boy is going to be a heartbreaker someday, I swear it. To my sweet Billy, tell him that I forgive him for the stuff he said to me when we were young. I knew he was hurting, because I was hurting too. I'm so proud of him for the changes he's made for himself...finally accepting a side of him that he needed to. I'm just glad I was there to see it. Erik and him are lovely together and I hope they have a lifetime of happiness.

To May, you are going to make an amazing mother, with or without the father in your life. You are much stronger than I ever was or could be. Being your friend has been a blessing and an even bigger one to have you as my sister.

To Bruce and Darcey,

Tears were spilling down his face as he sat hunched in his seat, shoulders hitching and a hand clamped over his mouth to suppress his sobs. Bruce never thought he would have to read something like this. He was no stranger to heartbreak or loss, having lost parents, children, his wife, his sister, a few friends and employees over the years…but suicide? That was a new one for him. He was reading it in her voice. Picturing her write the note. It had a calm, decisive tone to it, clearly written in her last moments before she made the move to kill herself. But Bruce didn’t want to say goodbye. He didn’t want to read the next part, to hear her say goodbye to him…but he couldn't stop his eyes from moving down the page to find his name.

To Bruce and Darcey, I know...that this must be a repeat of what my mother did. I know it must be painful. But tell them that they were my parents and nothing would ever replace that. Bruce, you were the dad I needed, the parent that all of us needed. I'm just sorry that I couldn't turn out the way you had raised me. And Darcey, you are my mum. Even if you aren't blood related, its always been that way. Thank you for giving me guidance in my own identity when I needed it, and for loving me like your own.

I love you all so much and I'm sorry, for everything. I won't be hurting you all or myself anymore.

Finally, to Jeremy, my love...

I never imagined my life amounting to something like marriage, settling down and having children. I always prided myself on being that free spirit, with no ties to this godforsaken place. But London became a place I imagined myself staying in after we finally got together. It became less lonely. I imagined my life with you, with our future children and for the briefest moment in my life...I could see it all so vividly. I've been mourning the life I wanted with you for some time because I've known that it wouldn't be. That it couldn't be. You loved me enough to encourage me to fight, to hang on. But I love you enough to let you go, to let you have that life with someone who would really put you first, who would raise your kids the right way without the addiction looming overhead.

I don't know what waits for me on the other side, and I won't pretend to know. But I hope...that in another life, you'll find me again. Or maybe, I'll find you. All I know for sure is that...this life is not the last one we'll be in together. With any of you in fact.

I love you and I'm sorry I couldn't be the one.
It's not goodbye...just...see you soon,

Harper Elizabeth King

Trembling uncontrollably, Bruce folded the freshly tear-stained paper once more. He was just storing it back in his pocket when he heard a group of people approach the waiting room. Quickly wiping the tears from his face, he looked up to see Darcey arrive with the boys. He reached Spencer first and gave him a tight hug and a kiss, and then did the same for Billy. Expecting the three brothers to arrive together, he looked to his youngest nephew. “Where’s Alex?”

“He’s stayin’ back at the apartment to clean up,” Billy told him, his voice weakened by worry. “Kerry’s gonna go be with him...” He held his breath for a second and a tear escaped his eye. "Bruce, is Harper…?"

The older man shook his head. "They ain't told me nothin' yet," he answered grimly. Bruce was disappointed not to have everyone together during a family crisis, but there wasn’t anything he could do, so he gave Billy a pat on the back and moved on to see Jeremy. He felt awful for the fight they had had back at his house. Harper's letter had made it clear that she really loved him, and Bruce understood now that Jeremy wasn't just selfishly dumping his feelings on her and confusing her. She loved him. She had wanted a future with him, the kind of future Bruce would have loved her to have…

But now she was lying in theatre while doctors did everything they could to save her life. Bruce gazed openly at Jeremy through misty eyes. "Forgive me, Jeremy," he uttered. He could see that, like everyone else, the younger man had been crying, and wasn't surprised. He drew him into an embrace, hoping he wouldn’t resist. "Forgive me," he said again, voice falling to a whisper. When he pulled away, he reached into his pocket and withdrew the note. "She, uh…she wrote this, addressed to you. I suggest you share it with the others…" He cleared his throat to help steady his voice and then passed the paper to him. "There's…she left a note for each of us in there."

Not wanting to stick around to watch or listen to him read it, Bruce instead turned to find Darcey. He held his eyes on her for a moment before approaching her and wrapping his arms around her. More tears escaped him as he held her and stroked her back, dropping kisses on the top of her head. He heard the last of them arriving but he couldn't let Darcey go. He just stayed on his feet, holding her close, revelling in her comfort and trying to provide for her the same. “She’s gonna be okay,” he told her, though his voice was hollow and unconvincing. He wasn’t even sure he believed it at that point. “They told me she has a chance.” His eyes glazed over as he stared vacantly ahead, and another wave of dizziness came over him, causing him to lean on Darcey slightly. “She…left a note, Darce…”

Shona King

Walking as fast as her feet could carry her without shaking Eddie's carrier, Shona followed the receptionist's directions, leading Erik and May along with her. When they reached the group, Shona's eyes instantly found Spencer and her heart broke at the sight of him. She placed the baby carrier down on the table and picked Eddie up, walking him over to her husband. With their son cradled in one arm, she reached up with the other to stroke Spencer's cheek. "My King," she whispered, her voice faltering as tears brimmed in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, baby." She could see him fighting to hold himself together and could tell he needed her. After reaching up to kiss him on the lips, she gently pulled him into a warm embrace, Eddie tucked snugly between them, and held him tight. "I love you, Robbie. You can talk to me, just tell me what you need. I'm here."

Billy King

1e34799d437977caf5612c1b8ac8415c.gifMeanwhile, Billy had perched on the edge of a chair, bent forward as he chewed on his knuckles. He couldn't stop picturing Harper's pallid face as she was carted out of the apartment building on a stretcher, a dotted trail of blood left in her wake. He could still feel the kiss she had left on his cheek, her words ringing in his ears…'I hope you know you can't get rid of me that easily.'

His face screwed up in pain and anger, his eyes burning with tears. It wasn't fair. She didn't deserve any of this. He hated himself for having missed it - or rather, for seeing it and failing to do anything to help her. Before he knew it, he was tasting blood, and pulled his hands away to find he had gnawed a hole in his knuckle. He sniffed and sat up, and that's when he saw Erik arrive. He couldn't even think…he just launched himself off the seat and marched straight into the man's arms. As their relationship developed and grew deeper, it became harder to remain discreet in times of crisis. At that moment, he decided he didn't care if they were seen. His lungs heaved as the tears poured out of his eyes, his weight collapsing against the man. He had no words. He just needed to be held.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Harper
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Alex, Darcey, Erik
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer
BasDorcha BasDorcha Jeremy, May

Last edited:
The Hospital
~Bethnal Green, London~
Jeremy Gray

1663225092169.png
I’m…sorry. Bruce pushed past him and Jeremy’s heart broke afresh, he didn’t want the man to see the scene up above. It was something he’d never be able to unsee, and he wouldn’t wish that on anyone, even if he was angry with them.

Jeremy hugged Billy back, silently crying against his shoulder for the time they hugged, swiping the tears away as they pulled back. Gruffly he replied, "I’ll be there. I can't see bein' away from 'er until she's at least stabilized." He sat back on the stairs, shock clear on his face. "She-she left Bruce's in my car. I saw the taillights. I-I followed her here. Trev was already with her by the time I got upstairs. It happened-ha-happened so fast... Billy, I don't understand it. There were p-pills and that bottle you brought her, and g-glass everywhere." Jeremy faltered to a stop, unable to keep speaking as he held in the sobs trying to escape his body.

He thought he would get it under control until Spencer hugged him too, patting his back. He struggled to reel himself back in, putting up very little fight when his friend pushed past as well. The images in his head kept overwhelming him, and he ended up sitting to the side out of the way, just trying to pull himself back into a state to make it through the rest of the night. It would come and go, still crying a few silent tears every time it got back out of hand. Jeremy had never been one to cry easily, the last time being Harper almost dying at the Mercury. Here it was again, her life in danger, and him crying. He clapped Alex on the shoulder when he paused in front of him, a silent sign of truce. The two still needed to talk, but for now, they could at least consider them on level terms, both knew there was nothing more important in this moment than the girl they both loved.

When Spencer came back out, he looked up to him and seen the same look he felt upon his face. It was too much. Everyone there formed some sort of ragged line to tell her they loved her as the EMS wheeled her away. He didn’t fight Bruce taking the ride in the ambulance as he had no fight left in him. He just wanted to get there and make sure she was okay.

Jeremy returned Trevor’s looks and head nod, as far as he was concerned, he had nothing more to dislike the man about. Harper had come to trust him, and as if tonight wasn’t enough, he had done nothing but try to help the few times he’d spoken to her. No man was perfect, and if a second chance couldn’t be awarded just for being there and trying, possibly being in the right place at the right time would. He whispered a silent thank you to the man as he waited by the car to leave. Later, if asked, he wouldn’t even know who he rode with, because the entire drive, he was lost in memories of Harper and begging her to be okay.

At the hospital, it took no time at all for them to rush into the closest waiting room. Jeremy hung back at first, unable to force his body to sit down, pacing the floor in small circles. When Bruce moved over to him, at first, he wasn’t really hearing him. Finally his mind caught up with real time, and he realized Bruce was apologizing. He wrapped his arms around the man, unable to hold together anymore, the silent crying happening again. He would kick himself for all the tears later, but right now it was all he could do. Taking the note from Bruce, he felt a full panic attack coming on, looking at Bruce as short gasp of air was all he could get. After a few moments, Jeremy was able to take a deep breath and started calming himself down enough to be able to move away, reading the note quietly to himself first.

If he thought things would be better afterwards, he was wrong. Instead, he cried steadily now, no longer caring who saw him. The first person he pulled aside was May, because if he had similar news and he wasn’t the one to share it, he would be upset. So quietly, he told her what Harper said, and the girl slipped to the edge of the room, curled up into a ball, visibly crying while he read it to the rest of them, skipping the part about May, and the tail end that had been specifically for him. It wasn’t easy, he cracked reading through it several times, having to stop, rub his face, force himself to breath, and then continue.

By the time he was done, he put the note away, telling them that one person’s secret remained in it, and they would tell it when they were ready. He wouldn’t allow anyone else to touch it. He would have expected Billy to try and snatch it, but he was sobbing with Erik, Spencer was being held by Shona and Eddie, and Darcey was keeping Bruce standing. No one had the energy to snatch it away. He sat near everyone, near the theatre door, but did not talk to anyone in particular, he didn’t think he could if he wanted to.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Pyroclast Pyroclast Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

The Callahan House
Amy Capaldi

1662971140163.png
Amy felt a spark of electricity shooting through her as he returned the kiss, and now watching him speechless she couldn’t help but notice how handsome he was. The urge to reach out and steal another kiss crossed her mind, but Amy was only so impulsive. That moment had passed and now she was waiting for him to say something, anything in return that wouldn’t make her feel foolish and like she had just made a big mistake. Finally, he gave her a half groan half laugh which brought the smile on her face from shy to bold. She turned when he started talking about getting coffee again.

With perfect timing typical of a child, Hattie interrupted them speaking, running in to climb up right between them. Waving a small little wave, she greeted the girl, waiting for a chance to speak that wouldn’t be rude. Hearing her whisper to her father brought that crimson glow to her cheeks as she giggled again. “Well it’s nice to meet you Hattie. I think I could talk your dad into dessert, why don’t you go tell your grandma that he said yes, and I’ll make sure he does.” She offered the girl a high five before she rushed back out of the room, too excited for dessert to stick around.

Looking up at Braden, she waited until the sound of little feet had disappeared and her voice was busy telling Sinead that she could have whatever delicious treat it was that she wanted. Looking back at Braden, she waited calmly for him to ask again, but growing impatient fairly quick, she instead started talking, babbling a bit herself this time.

“Coffee sounds great…if you’ll actually call me for it this time. I mean, I know you were healing, and that’s a great excuse, but I-I would really like it if I heard from you again… Maybe for more than coffee… It-it could be a whole breakfast-brunch-coffee date thing… If you, ya know, what to…” She had never asked someone out before, it was harder than it looked. She hoped he wouldn’t think she was foolish. She realized that she had already finished everything she needed to do, so she didn’t have much of a reason to stick around. Immediately she began to worry she would overstay her welcome. With her things gathered and sitting behind her, she began to feel nervous about imposing on them and their family during an obvious family night.

Bellz Bellz - Braden
Misty Gray Misty Gray - Sinny

Braden Callahan
Callahan Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

2dc0e44f2749640c9f2fe24916b3af25.jpeg
Before Braden could say yes or no to Hattie over dessert, Amy spoke for him, which he didn't mind at all. Hattie spun around and left just as quickly as she had entered the room, screaming for Sinead down the hall that her dad said it was okay to have dessert. Braden shook his head and chuckled, "Sorry about that." When he turned to look at Amy again, her cheeks were a rosy color once more. The man had to bite back the wide smile that wanted to form on his face, watching as Amy babbled this time.

The babbling seemed to be contagious, but Braden, once again, didn't mind in the slightest. Normally any form of talking would grate on his nerves, he was much like his father, quiet, reserved...broody as his mother so fondly put it. But Braden found himself breaking barriers that he hadn't broken before all in one night. Amy...was dangerous for him, but in the best way possible. Amy said coffee sounded great if he'd actually call her this time. That made Braden's cheeks grow red and his smile started to fade away, feeling embarrassed by the comment. It was taking a lot of courage for him to even talk to Amy right now, calling over the last two weeks seemed nearly impossible, something that he wasn't ready to do. But now, she was sitting before him, looking the way she did and Braden was starting to realize how silly he had been.

"Breakfast-brunch-coffee-date thing sounds great." Braden repeated back to her, a laugh coloring his tone at the number of words they used to describe a simple date. When he was ready to address him not calling, Braden moved to scratch the back of his head again, closing his eyes slightly in embarrassment as he thought about it all. "You know...dating, well, it's not new to me, but it's just..." Braden wasn't sure what to call it. "I haven't been on a date in years...since my...um, Hattie's mam left us." The man bit down on his bottom lip then and shook his head, trying to get any emotional thoughts out of his head before he made a fool of himself a second time around.

"I hope you don't feel like I didn't call you because I didn't want to go on a date or hear from you, I'm just...rusty, is all." Braden said with a sigh, lowering his hand that had been scratching the back of his hand before boldly taking Amy's hand with a crooked smile. It was starting to get easier to smile now, something he also wasn't used to. "So what do you say, Amy? Will you go on a breakfast-brunch-coffee-date-thing with me this week? I'm a sucker for breakfast food so I think it's perfect!"
with: Amy BasDorcha BasDorcha

Spencer King

f5fa7b4816a99cf870c915f2cfda7bd4-gif.1025800
Spencer had remained silent throughout the drive to the hospital. He couldn't escape the thought that he could lose his sister, that she'd tried to kill herself and almost succeeded before anyone could even find her. His mother had died alone, with nobody there to help her. Nobody to pull her back. He'd spent all of Harper's life trying to protect her, but in the end he'd failed her too.

When he arrived at the hospital, Spencer walked with the others in silence. He somehow felt empty whilst his heart felt heavy. He just wanted to see Harper alive and to hear her voice, even if she was saying something to try wind him up. He just wanted to hear his sister speak to him. He was broken out of his thoughts when his uncle tightly hugged him. "Bruce..." he choked out, but fell silent, deciding there was nothing he could say in that moment. The way his uncle had earlier snapped at him and his brothers for letting Harper out of their sight had hit hard. Whilst he may blame himself for what happened, the thought of Bruce blaming him too was hard to take. But the older man's embrace gave him some reassurance his uncle didn't blame them, that maybe what he'd said had just been in the heat of the moment on account of how worried he was about Harper.

Spencer soon sat down in the waiting room, his legs no longer wishing to support him and the lack of energy making it harder for him to force himself to stay standing. With his head lowered to stare at the floor beneath his feet, he caught a glimpse of Shona approaching. He found the strength to stand up again as his wife approached with Eddie in her arms. As soon as she placed her hand to his cheek and he looked into her glistening eyes, Spencer couldn't hold back and the tears quickly streamed down his face. "Shona..." he said, gasping for breath. When she pulled him in to her, he wrapped his arms around her, mindful of their baby son as she held him. "I love you too. I love you," he whispered back to her. He quickly nodded his head when she said she was here and he just had to tell her what he needed. "I need you. And I need Harper to be okay. I need to... I need to breathe," he said, everything from the last few weeks and months suddenly overwhelming him with this evening's events the final straw.

Spencer sat back down, beckoning Shona to sit close in the chair next to him. He reached to take Eddie from her, holding his son close to his chest as he placed a series of kisses on on top of the baby's head. Even though Eddie was only a few weeks old, he was somehow able to bring so much comfort to Spencer. The love and the warmth he had for his boy reminding him of his need to keep fighting, to make sure he was strong enough to protect his wife and child. Still holding Eddie close in one arm, Spencer put his other arm around Shona's shoulder, pulling her towards him so he could rest his head against hers. "I need you to stay here with me. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her, Shona," he said, turning to look her in the eyes. "Just stay here with me?" he asked, his voice a whisper as he struggled to contain his tears.

When Jeremy read out Harper's letter, Spencer found himself moving even closer to Shona and absorbing even more of Eddie's warmth. No matter how sweet his sister's words had been to her loved ones, it was still painful to hear. It hurt to think that she chose to leave them, but he hoped she would pull through and wake up to realise she had made a mistake. That she didn't want to leave them or this world. In his heartbroken and dejected state, Spencer couldn't even react to or process that Jeremy was keeping one person's secret. Normally he'd have demanded to know what was being hidden from the family, but he didn't have it in him to question it. His guard was well and truly down for the time-being.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Shona)

Trevor Stewart

1663604967579-png.1023666
Despite Harper being his daughter and the fact he'd saved her life, Trevor had to force himself to hold back on rushing to the hospital. Even when he had arrived there, he waited in the reception, wanting to be sure the Kings had managed to all get there before him. He'd seen Shona and the others being pointed in the right direction of where they could go to wait for news, so he didn't need to ask the staff for directions himself. After a short time, Trevor eventually walked in the direction he'd see the others go in. As he'd been about to round the corner, he saw Jeremy holding the letter in his hand and reading it out to the others. Trevor walked away from the waiting area and held back for a time, not wanting to intrude on the moment or to hear information not intended for him.

After giving it enough time, Trevor entered the waiting area, choosing a seat furthest from the others so as not to anger anyone by his presence. He wanted to know how his daughter was doing as soon as news was available and he felt it wasn't too much to ask for him to be there. At the same time, he didn't want to cause a stir. Leaning forward, he rested his elbows on his knees as he silently bounced his right leg, trying to hold back how anxious he was feeling. Although he for the most part diverted his eyes, they had at times landed on the others, especially Billy and Spencer. Of course, he'd seen Spencer upset before, but that had always been laced with anger and threats. This time, it was pure heartache and devastation etched on his son's face - Billy's too. Soon enough, Trevor diverted his eyes away, gazing towards the posters on the nearby wall, even if he was unable to process any of them.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1664407867126.pngMay sat a bit away from everyone – they had all pretty much paired off with the people they were involved with, but May didn’t have anyone. After last night at All Jazzed up, the incident with Josh, the fact she had revealed her feelings to Christian only to be rejected (politely, but still), she had hoped today would be a good day. It hadn’t started off the best, she had been crying and asleep when Harper found her. Harper had been the highlight of her day, and now… Now she laid on the brink of death, and May felt like her heart was exploding. She didn’t know what to do. Shona had comforted her at Bruce’s house, trying to help her understand that it wasn’t her fault, and she couldn’t blame herself, but she did. These people had normal lives before she came around, and it felt like it all started to fall apart when she interrupted their lives.

Sobbing to herself in the furthest corner away, not feeling particularly sociable, she was near enough to hear updates, to hear the letter and note to thank Jeremy later for not telling everyone her secret – it was bad enough that Harper and Jeremy already knew, and she hadn’t told Christian yet. Christian should have been the first, and that had been intruded upon, even if it was unintentional. The next person to find out should be Christian, she’d tell him the night of the Gala after it was all done, or maybe sometime during it. She didn’t like keeping secrets, and she desperately wanted to talk to someone about it, but she couldn’t, not yet.

When a man sat down near her, just a few chairs away, May looked up with a sniffle. The man’s face was familiar, but in her state of sorrow it wasn’t working fast enough to figure out who he was. At first, she thought about not saying anything, she didn’t feel particularly talkative, but maybe a distraction would help. Looking about, it looked like the only people in this area where here for Harper, so it was safe to assume he knew her in some way.

“Do you know her? My sister? It looks like everyone around here is waiting for Harper, but I don’t recognize you…” Her voice wavered as she tried to make polite conversation that might distract them both from the pain – maybe they could talk memories of her or something not so depressing to pass the time. She wasn’t sure. She looked up and caught his eyes for a moment, something about them seeming more familiar by the second, but she couldn’t place her finger on it.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor

Oak Tree Restaurant
Michelle Romano

1663142189813.png
Michelle ordered another drink as the tender came by, this time two highball tequilas for the two of them. As they sat there waiting for the drinks to come, Michelle laughed as he called himself a weed. “Una hierba todavía puede ser guapo entonces. You’re proof of that. And look, here we go, two drinks. Now you can just drink with me instead.” Her eyes had a flirtatious look to them as she turned her body to face him more, their knees touching between the seats. Part of her quickly thought about Dermot, and an ache in a familiar place started, but she knew he was busy right now. Besides, hadn’t Aliana said that it was okay? To go out and get to know herself, it wasn’t like she was tied down to anyone.

Pretending to think hard, she tapped her lip with her finger, thinking about where to go. “Problemas, creo. It’s been a while since I caused any trouble. Maybe you can help me find out where I left all those wild days.” She grinned a big grin, tipping back her drink once it arrived and finishing a good portion of it in one sip. A buzz was rushing through her head and her face pinked under the flush of alcohol and the fact she was openly flirting with someone would spell trouble alone without doing anything extra.

If he copied her, drinking the drink quickly, she would follow up with two shots – one for the each of them – before asking to be on their way. “Wouldn’t want any of Daddy’s people reporting back that I was taking advantage of you. Maybe we can go somewhere else?” She bit her lip her eyes finding his and holding them. The man was incredibly handsome, different from Dermot, but in a good way. He reminded her of home, of the life she had left behind, of the culture she lacked here, and it warmed her heart. The other man, she thought as a shiver went through her, did all kinds of other things to her. He was close to their family, he was safe. Mentally, she couldn’t help but try to merge the two men into one, giggling to herself aloud. If he asked what for, she would play it off as just remembering something that he’d have to be there to understand.

After their drinks, she’s would stand, thinking she was perfectly sober but obviously a little wobbly and blushed, realizing she must look much drunker than she was. Clearing her throat, she held her hand out to him, “Care to escort me out? I’d hate to fall and make a fool of myself in the family restaurant.” She giggled, the alcohol helping her along.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Marco

Trevor Stewart

Trevor glanced to the young woman who sat down a few chairs away. He could tell she was upset too, which told him she was a friend of Harper's and the family's, if not some other relative of the Kings. The fact he didn't know her meant she knew the others and so he decided it best not to look at or interact with her. He was here for Harper and wasn't going to upset anyone by overstepping any boundaries. He folded his arms and leaned back in his seat, his eyes once again returning to those posters he'd previously been staring at.

To his surprise, the unknown young woman addressed him. He turned to look at her and nodded his head to confirm he knew Harper. His brows then furrowed as May referred to Harper as her sister. Although it caught him off-guard a little, he soon recovered and processed what she'd said into something that made sense. That conclusion was that she and Harper were close friends, to the point where the young woman sitting nearby considered his daughter as fondly as she would a literal sister. "You must have known her a while then," he reasoned, not wanting to be rude by not responding to the young lady making conversation.

He hadn't missed her comment about not recognising him and as he sat up straight, he mulled over what to tell her. Considering he cared for Harper and had desperately tried to save her, not to mention she had called him 'Dad' on a couple of occasions, why shouldn't he speak honestly? "I'm waiting for Harper too," he confirmed. After a brief pause, he looked to May and very subtly smiled. "Harper is my daughter," he informed May.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Callahan House
Amy Capaldi

1662971140163.png
Amy immediately shot up her hands and waved them in apology when Braden mentioned he was a bit rusty. She had in no way meant to cause him any offence, and was now feeling terrible. "Oh I-I didn't mean it like that… I'm so sorry. I sometimes say things to fast for my brain to realize what I've said. I just mean… Yes, I'd really like to join you." She smiled shyly, twisting a strand of hair around her finger. As he took her hand she looked up surprised but happy, grinning cheesily.

She squeezed his hand gently and nodded. "I um… I've never been on a date, so if that's any kind of consolation…" Raising her hand, she scratched the back of her head anxiously, "Not that I haven't wanted to I just guess I'm a little unusual to most people - Not that I'm some kind of weirdo! Oh man, I mean, I'm just different from normal girl's, ya know?" Amy's face was turning as red as her hair, the roles now reversed as she couldn't shut herself up from talking. Finally she bit her lower lip and stopped, staring at the cough between them unable to think of anything to say.

"I'm sorry… I babble sometimes, I-I don't know how to stop myself." She looked at their hands still held together and wiggled her fingers, nails dragging over his palm. "Um… I'm done with why I came. I should go now, I don't want to impose. Will you walk me out? I still have a ways to go to get home."

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1664500493880.pngThe shock that filled May's face when he said that Harper was his daughter was in no way able to be hidden. Her hand lifted to her lips and covered them as the reality of who the man was hit her. Tears already in her eyes from Harper began to flow again, just when she thought she had gotten it under control. This is my dad? Why is he… Why is he here? They said none of them would have anything to do with him, yet he is here? How would he have known otherwise? May stumbled to answer him, wanting to say everything and nothing at once.

"Uh… No, I haven't known her that long, a few years now…" May tried to stop herself, knowing Spencer and them would be angry, but the pregnancy hormones rushing through her body, the feeling of possibly losing someone she had come to love dearly, and knowing there was someone else in the world she could lose and never even have a chance to know was overwhelmingly too much. Standing, up, she looked back over to where the majority of the King family stood, casting them an apologetic look before she stepped over and sat down next to Trevor.

May opened her mouth to speak several times before stopping again. The tears in her eyes were slow but continuous as she moved her hands up as if to speak with them before dropping them again. A fear of being unloyal to her new family, of being turned out again by another part of the people connected to her by blood. Unable to find her words, she bit her lip, staring at her lap for a moment. Finally, she gathered her courage, lifting her head to look into his eyes, finally realizing why they looked familiar - they looked like hers. They were very similar.

"Um… My name is Maeve Thatcher… And Harper is my sister… through our father."

Bellz Bellz - Braden

~ Tower Hamlets, London~
Darcey Hargraves & Erik Snowden
f52d7bbf13c726e200323aaab39d143c28a059b0.gif

Darcey hadn't been the least bit surprised with how quiet the ride to the hospital had been. They were all on edge, all worried about Harper and being consumed by their own thoughts and feelings. Darcey wondered how she'd missed it - again, that is. That Harper was really struggling and not at all like how she used to be. She'd seen the light in the young woman's eyes dying out with every visit she paid but she didn't pay attention. Tears continued to stream down her face but she didn't dare make a sound. Everyone was in their own solace and she didn't want to break it. The drive seemed to take forever but when they finally arrived Darcey wasted no time in throwing her car in park and jumping out.

Darcey trailed behind the boys and as they spoke with Bruce she moved to Jeremy. She heard the discussion he'd had with Bruce in the dining room - the pain in his voice as he tried to explain himself. Though she wasn't happy about him bringing her complicated relationship with Bruce into the mix, she didn't think he deserved the harsh criticism he received from Bruce. If it truly were about her mental health, about her recovering before she got into a relationship, then that was okay. But the words he said beforehand pertaining to the job he was supposed to do were unfair. Fortunately, none of it mattered now. Harper was hurting and now in surgery with doctors and nurses trying to save her life. Darcey wrapped her arms around Jeremy, stroking the back of his head. There wasn't anything she could really say as Bruce approached him. The man then apologized to him and Darcey stepped back. It felt like something they needed to discuss between the two of them.

tumblr_inline_pslsnuFBQQ1rqq37j_400.gifv
She was leaning up against the wall, hand on her abdomen when Bruce found her. The moment she looked into his eyes her heart broke. That same look had been there when Olga died and Laura. Seeing it now she felt like he'd given up hope on Harper making it out of the hospital alive. Even his tone made her feel as if he didn't believe the words coming out of his own mouth. She tried her best to be strong for him now like she had been back then, but it was difficult. Harper may not have been hers by blood but she'd raised her - been in her life since she was a baby. Her heart ached to know that the girl she'd recently considered her daughter was fighting for her life.

Darcey held Bruce in her arms, hands rubbing up and down his back. She could feel how weak and downtrodden he'd become. The moment he told her she left a note Darcey couldn't hold it in anymore. "She what," she asked, voice squeaking as she broke down in tears. They didn't seem to stop - there was absolutely no end in sight. Even as her sobs had slowly dissipated, the tears did not. "Sh- She's gonna be okay, Bruce." She truly believed it and - she hoped - he would too.

Erik didn't know what he would be expecting when Shona informed them something bad had happened. And when he arrived at the hospital and looked around he could see that it was Harper once again that had been hurt. He didn't know exactly what happened but he did know that Billy needed him. Had the nurse taken even a second longer he was going to punch her in the face; didn't matter if she was in healthcare or a woman. But when she finally relented and gave them the information they sought the three of them quickly moved through the hospital. The moment his eyes lay on the King family spread out through the waiting room, his heart nearly broke.

Somehow they'd seemed a lot worse than when Harper had gotten crushed by the support beam. Here they were again, sitting in an emergency room and hoping- praying that the young woman was okay and alive. His eyes immediately sought out Billy. When their eyes finally connected Erik started for him, only to have Billy move faster. He launched himself into his arms and Erik immediately wrapped his own around his shoulders. With his hand gently pressed against the back of Billy's head, he shushed him. "Hey," he whispered, "It's okay." He didn't know what happened yet but it had to be bad. "Whatever it is she's gonna be fine," he tried to reassure. But really, what more could there be to say?

Bruce, Billy ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )

Trevor Stewart

Trevor looked to May, seeing how shocked she appeared. He let out a soft sigh, figuring she was overwhelmed by the evening's events too. As more tears flowed from the young woman's eyes, Trevor looked away for a moment and straightened his posture. He briefly gazed towards the nearby Kings before deciding they were all too upset themselves to console her, even if she was known to them and a stranger to himself. "You know..." he began, turning to look at her. "When I was trying to help Harper, there was a moment during it all where she regained consciousness. She recognised me and she spoke to me," he explained, hoping it would reassure May. "That gives me reason to believe - to have hope - that she will wake up from this." Unaware of what had really shocked May in that moment, he'd assumed she was only upset about Harper.

Then May stood up and sat in the seat next to him. "Oh... hey, I..." he began. He wasn't uncomfortable by her sitting next to him or even being the one to try console her. His apprehension was due to the fact he said he'd keep his distance; that Bruce and Spencer didn't want him near their family and friends. Still, he couldn't just leave May to suffer by herself. He'd done plenty of abandoning those who needed him in the past and he wanted to be a better man than that now.

May looked to his eyes and Trevor furrowed his brows, not sure why she was looking at him in such a way. The exchange was starting to turn strange and he wasn't sure how to put a stop to it without upsetting Harper's friend. When she spoke up to tell him her name, he nodded his head, about to introduce himself and give his name, but the rest of her words briefly rendered him speechless. May thought she was Harper's sister? That they shared the same father. Trevor of course knew that was a lie, so had to wonder what kind of stories she'd been fed. Harper knew he was her father, so clearly she hadn't been lied to about that. But why was May being lied to? He drew the line at playing along with this lie, regardless of whether there was a good reason the Kings had fed it to May or not.

"Maeve, that can't be true," Trevor said, keeping his voice sensitive whilst shaking his head. "I'm not sure who told you that, but I'm Harper's father. I wasn't around in her life until very recently, but I'm her dad, as well as Spencer's, Alex's and Billy's... even if I did a bad job of it," he admitted. He studied May for a moment. "Listen, I... I don't want to break some illusion you've been under and I feel a dick doing it, but I'm Harper's biological father. The man you believe to be your father, what's his name?" he curiously asked. He couldn't understand why May would have been lied to, but he was interested to know who she thought was hers and Harper's father.

BasDorcha BasDorcha

Last edited:
Oak Tree Restaurant
Marco Jimenez

ea1dba64439515318ce497d77408f812.jpg

Marco couldn't help the wide grin that had appeared on his face when she not only spoke Spanish back to him but ordered him a drink. His gut was telling him she was dangerous - which would only spur him on. Marco had a thing for women who were dangerous, considering he found easy to be particularly boring. It was why he was still single and remained unmarried all this time and had no plans to change that. He picked up his drink, chuckling at the surprise choice. "How'd you know I liked tequila highballs," he asked, eyes locked onto hers as he took a sip. A mischievous glint sparkled in his eyes that he hadn't meant to show; or rather, did just not so early on. She then decided that she wanted to get into some trouble, which Marco was more than happy to help out with. "Si, hermosa, but under one condition. I cannot be held responsible for fulfilling your desires," he said in a low voice. The tone of his voice had a sultry lilt to it, his smile hidden behind his glass. His actions then mimicked her own, finishing his drink in one go.

She stated that she didn't want anyone to go thinking she was taking advantage of him, Marco chuckling to himself. If only she knew, he thought, the sort of things he'd let her do to him. He looked away, hand covering his mouth as he pretended to be in thought. "Anywhere you want," he finally said, clearing his throat. As her feet touched the ground Marco followed suit - his arm out to her if she required any help; which it seemed she did. For a moment Marco waited to see if she were truly okay and once it was clear she was he escorted her out of the restaurant. The car had been parked out front and Marco helped her into it, opening the door for her. Since she'd already told him that she wanted to go somewhere where she wouldn't get in any trouble with her father, he decided to take her to a casino that hadn't exactly been Sullivan-owned. A gray area, if you will.

Once he arrived he exited the vehicle and made his way around. "After you," he stated, gently grabbing hold of her hand. He escorted her inside the small building, disguised as a simple eatery. With a court nod to the man behind the counter he walked down a narrow, dimly lit hallway. "If you get scared, you can always hold on to me," he joked, realizing that the area looked a bit... Sketchy. But once he pushed open the red door at the end the sound of music, laughter, and smoke escaped the hidden room. It was brightly lit, neon lights lining the walls and various gambling tables littering the floor. A spotlight had been shining on a stage where a woman scandalously dressed danced around and sang, accompanied by even more scandalously dressed women. "Marco," a security guard called out, Marco smiling at the man. "Ah, mi amigo! Como estas?" The security guard shook his head, sticking his hand out so the two men could shake hands. "Every other night you come and speak to me like that and every other night I tell you I don't know what you're saying." The two men laughed before the other walked to handle business, Marco turning to Michelle. "So. What would the lady like to do first?"
Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Harper King's Apartment

Kerry Patrick

1664641077492.pngKerry had been working at the pub when the call came through from Shona, who had first tried her apartment before realising she could be working. Although it was one of the busiest nights, Kerry knew she had enough permission from Shona and Spencer to leave her shift earlier. It wasn't like the others couldn't handle having to work a bit harder for a change, anyway.

Although Shona didn't tell her much over the call, it was made clear that Alex was alone at Harper's apartment and things sounded serious. Kerry knew she needed to get over there to see if there was anything she could do for him. Feeling overdressed, or perhaps underdressed, to be heading over to help Alex in an apparently serious situation, Kerry put a jacket on over her dress and switch her heels for some flats before leaving the pub. On the walk over, she could only imagine what was going on. Her mind kept landing on Callum and worrying something had happening to the boy, but surely the Kings wouldn't have left Alex alone and in Harper's apartment to handle that. It had to be something else.

When she reached the apartment, Kerry knocked but didn't wait before trying the door handle and letting herself in, not wanting to leave Alex alone for a moment longer. As she stepped inside, she followed the sounds coming from the direction of the bathroom. When she reached the doorway, she saw Alex on the floor cleaning. Amongst the blood, broken glass and pills on the tiled floor, she could only imagine what had gone on. But without knowing who was hurt or what had happened, Kerry stopped herself from letting her imagination run wild.

"Alex?" she asked, crouching down to his level. She could see the heartbreak and devastation on his face before he even had to speak. Reaching out, she placed her hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. He wasn't physically hurt, but she had to wonder who was. "Alex, what happened? Are you okay?" she softly asked. Given where she was and the struggles her friend had been going through, her mind soon moved to his sister. "Is Harper okay?"

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

The Hospital... Again
~Bethnal Green, London~
Maeve Thatcher

1664645269505.pngIt was easy to see that the man thought she was either lying, or had been lied to. May watched it as it dawned on him what she was saying and the disbelief that ran rampant. Honestly, it made her want to smile a little bit, because she had felt very much the same when she found out that she had a father that she shared with the King sibling. It was like finding out that a whole other world existed. The fact that Trevor thought he couldn't be her father was… a tiny bit surprising, honestly, based on some of what she had heard about the way he lived his life when he was younger, but that was alright. Standing, she paced a bit, twisting her hands together and thinking so she could speak clearly and concisely.

When he went on to explain that he felt like a dick doing it but that he was Harper's biological father, it brought a tiny smile to the edge of her lips, as she nodded, seeming to be more confident then moments before. Instead of hitting it directly, she decided to preface the situation with a bit of story, see if it helped him remember though she wouldn't blame him if he didn't, Kathleen was… not someone she necessarily would say was rememberable.

"First, let me tell you a story about a young Irish waitress and bartender. Her name was Kathleen, and she worked in Dublin at the local pub, young and pretty. She was far from innocent, mind you." As she talked, the distraction of having something, anything, to think about other than Harper was a relief. She found her mind grasping onto it and running, the extra strength emotions due to hormones raging in her body looking for any excuse to be caught up in something other than the tragedy around them. "About twenty two years ago or so, a London man came through. She met him, and the two struck up a quick but torrid love affair. Mind you, he didn't stay long, couldn't have known what he was leaving behind, but leave it he did. The woman, now pregnant with a child from a man she had only spent a few weeks with, decides to marry quickly to hide it. She now had a new name, a patsy for a husband, and a daughter she didn't want."

May moved to sit back down, knowing she was still sad but her mind was running with the distraction as she sat down next to him. "She didn't have anything to remember the man by, except a picture she took while he was there. She sent it to me a little bit ago… All she could tell me about him was the initials she wrote on the back, TK 1963. I… I had a private investigator look into it. Turns out the man's name was Trevor Stewart." Her eyes looked up from her lap to his, the nerves clearly visible on her face. Her lower lip was being worked between the teeth, had hands still twisting about. Briefly, she looked up at the group across the room, wondering how much trouble she was going to be in for this, but something about the near death experience of Harper, the fear of being alone she had been facing, and the growing flood of things brought on by the pregnancy made her mouth like a train that couldn't slow down.

"Um… I guess what I'm saying is. I'm your daughter."

Last edited:
Nikolaus Jäger
Wesley Roberts

Storybook Art Gallery
~ Upper East Side, Manhattan ~

95AAEE73-FB03-4AD9-988B-E9E8F2F0B372.jpeg
Klaus was unphased by the Moretti family staring at him and Wesley now, but Wes was on edge and he was sure it showed. An easy-going smile found its way to Klaus' lips when Ava blurted out the name boy scout that name was thrown out a lot during their short time together. He was sure they weren't going to be allowed back into that establishment anytime soon. Oh well. Klaus watched as Ava got nervous and the smile on his face only turned more boyish as he observed her.

The woman he had met at the bar was so confident and sure of herself. But it seemed like in the presence of her in-laws, she wasn't ready to face the music of what happened in London so openly. Klaus's eyes briefly looked away from hers as he looked at the others. Gabriel Moretti was a man he had been told was very intimidating but standing in the same room with him now, he didn't feel that was accurate. Perhaps it was just Klaus.

"Lovely to meet you all." He stuck to keeping it simple, bowing his head in a respectful greeting towards the family without moving from his spot. The last thing he wanted to do was get them trigger-happy, or rather, one of their lackeys that he was sure were hanging out somewhere around this event.

8c8868e8d37ed01a47ccf64fbfc1a044.jpeg
Ava suddenly asked what they were doing in New York and Klaus kept the easy-going smile on his face, unphased by the question. "Conference in town for work. Normally, I don't jump at the chance to go on these things because they are extremely dull, but when I found out it was in New York, I thought why not?" Klaus shrugged his shoulders, "Seeing you again has already made it worth it." He was talking to her as if no one else was in the room, his sole attention on her with a look in his eyes that said he really had missed her company.

When Ava's attention turned to Wesley, the young man shifted from foot to foot before walking forward. He placed a smile on his own face, keeping it friendly, charming...innocent in nature. "This is Wesley. Our resident Rookie. Boss thought it would be a good opportunity to go to the conference as well. Poor kid doesn't know what boring is quite yet." Klaus said with ease and Wesley gave the man a slightly dirty look, playing along as he tried to keep the shaking from his hands.

"Pleasure to meet yuh." The young man said, his Northern Irish accent on display now as he gave them all a wave. He fought from cringing at it openly, hoping to not stir any trouble. "Quite the shindig here." Wesley tried to make small talk to which Klaus bounced off of him, adding, "It's our first time in the city, it's definitely a...different place. Just like you said, Ava."
with: Moretti Clan Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Misty Gray Misty Gray

Thomas Porter
Porter Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

368c433e60e9695813392976e714238b.png
Thomas knew that it was really none of his business what his sister got up to and with....whom. But he couldn't help but feel like he would be a shit big brother if he didn't at least just check-in. His parents couldn't yell at him if he at least tried to stop this all, right? "Yea yea, I know, Liv..." Thomas ended up responding to Olivia's excuses as to why she wouldn't tell their parents. He was the same way, of course, even at 25 there were things that he didn't tell them. They were often a little too overbearing. Syd loved that about them...but Thomas and Olivia were...a little bit more on the normal side of it all.

Sam was reassuring that he would be on his best behavior if he met their parents and Thomas wanted to roll his eyes. He tried not to make a face as Liv said she wanted Sam to be totally into her before he met their parents. But his comment about their mother seemed to lighten the mood, not sure why he was trying to lighten it when he was trying to prevent these two from going at it...but the jokes had just slipped out, even the joke about Iran...

The man was now regretting any of the comments he had made but luckily Liv didn't wait long to try to get the movie on. He didn't answer when Liv said she was sure Elena wouldn't mind if he didn't clean up the house. It wasn't so much about whether his girlfriend minded, Thomas just wanted to make sure the environment she lived in was clean and organized, alleviating any stress that a messy environment could cause.

"Friday the 13th, huh? The spooky season already?" Thomas said lightly as he shifted in the armchair he had decided to sit in. The movie started and Thomas just watched with half interest. The gore and the shock value seemed to get Thomas more than Olivia or Sam.

The man was gripping the armrest at times, clenching his jaw to keep from making any noises. He had felt eyes on him but he refused to acknowledge any of it as he watched. Thomas hadn't even been able to turn to check on his sister, locked into a memory that he didn't want to be in.

Somehow, the whole movie had ended and Thomas had lost all track of time. He still hadn't moved from his seat when Sam got up to get some snacks. Only when Sam addressed him did he finally pull himself away from the TV screen that was now rolling the credits. Halloween? Thomas hadn't gone out for Halloween in years. For safety reasons, he had been staying away from the gore and the heavy energy that Halloween brought along with it.

"Halloween, huh? I might have to think about it...Lena..." Thomas bit the inside of his cheek, unsure if Elena would be able to do something like that anytime soon. For once, he was far more worried about her than he was himself in this situation. "I'll think about it, mate." With that, Thomas stood, his muscles sore and stiff from tensing up involuntarily so many times during the movie.

"Speaking of her, I should probably get home now...I uh...sorry, about all that before."
with: Misty Gray Misty Gray BasDorcha BasDorcha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back