• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Philippe was furious at the reports. His face quickly turned red from anger, then rapidly shifted to the beet red of fury, until finally reaching the dreaded purple of unfathomable rage. The shade of purple lasted so long that his cup bearer even thought the Baron would suffocate. Though eventually, after wildly flailing about for his goblet of wine Lord Oriflamme grasped it and took a few spluttering sips of the calming grape liquor.

Taking a deep breath to reconstitute himself the Bloody Baron made his possibly final pronouncement. "Bring me quill and ink, I must make Arthur regent should the worst come to pass. Raise the levy again, this time we March to War with all our forces. Leave only token Garrisons, our army isn't strong on the defense anyways. I'm getting my uncle back, one way or another, and I'll be damned if I let one Fyrdian foot touch Carmon soil whilst I draw breath. In the few days we muster I plan to March on Darrow and challenge the foe to a duel that should I win retrieves the Abbot. If I lose, we grant free passage through Flamebay, and should I die, Arthur shall have joint regency with my wife Dierdre until Aurélien and Olivier achieve their knighthoods. Worry not however, I shall not lose. Once I win, we smash the curs and relieve Darrow. Lord Horall will by my second in the duel and my second in command."

Last edited:
Lord Amias
The many events which had been sent into motion at the beginning of the previous week had begun to take effect. Lord Amias' opening move upon the Avonmark had been dealt with as much success as he could have hoped for - his men had razed all the Lethran bandits' riverside settlements, and even at Diekstern, taken the manorial lord's daughter into custody, Shayle Drath. Lady Drath would be granted decent hospitality during her stay at Sherfield Keep, though no pleasantries exceeding those appropriate for her station as a robber baron's vassal's daughter would be afforded. She would be detained like so until Lord Amias was petitioned with terms for her release by Lord Drath, or some other benefactor.

Also on the river, his raiders had seized three trading cogs, from Mankford, the Myre, and Pontyprwyn. Lord Amias had swiftly claimed the prizes on behalf of his house, and begun to have them fitted and crewed for war. The latter effort was supplemented by the original sailors aboard the cogs, many of which had been pressed into service in no genial manner.

After having been updated on his troops' exploits on the river, the lord would speak with his remaining advisors about bolstering his navy's effectiveness as a fighting force -- currently, it was mostly only suitable as transport. Due to Sir Amias' departure, only Sir Tonis, Sir Glens, Sir Rullen, and Father Enderl remained, had Fygren gone along with his father, Captain Charibert.

With a healthy complement of archers aboard each vessel, the ships could act offensively without needing to enter boarding range, an easy feat against a trading cog, but a risky endeavor if meeting a prepared adversary. As such, Lord Amias would speak on raising a new force of a hundred bowmen - ideally seven or eight for each of the dozen cogs in his service.

"As I am commisioning them as my warfighters on the Mark, I will pay to equip them and pay them some few wages while they're trained," Amias explained further, providing an incentive to the sailors-to-be-archers. "They should be volunteers, peasants of the levy, or our poorer soldiers who hardly pass for a footman -- I'm sure many of such class will find such employment enticing. Ordinary levies may also be trained to carry and use a bow - namely the thirty levy horse left here in our defense. Once these archers are raised, we will be able to stand a chance against the warships the likes of the Flamebay alliance."

Some discussion would be had amongst his present advisors on equipping and training new archers, as no doubt someone mentioned the lack of quality the training of the recruits would have due to being drawn up at such short notice, and the cumulative costs of paying the men to train. Lord Amias believed this was a worthy investment, despite how long it may take before the hoped for volunteers are prepared for service. "Their training should be adequate, but not exhaustive. By winter's end I hope to field them - if not against the Carmons, I'm sure there will be some enemy to face once the snow thaws."

After this new order for archers was finalized, Amias begun to speculate about arming his four personal vessels.

Rams, ballistae, hurlers/miniature catapults and archer towers were some of the armaments Lord Amias could think of to consider equipping to his household's ships, but would note his inexperience with naval matters, and inquire with his present advisors about what other contraptions could be rigged unto his flotilla. No doubt larger ships than the river cogs Lord Amias possessed could fit more impressive weaponry upon it, but he would have to make do for now. Though enriched by his exploits along House Lethran's riverbanks, he wasn't prepared to invest into constructing new ships - especially when he could just go and take them from his enemies.

Lastly, Amias considered drastic defensive measures. "With so many of our men marching east, we must be ready in the event that an overwhelmingly large army were to march on us. Sherfield Keep must be made ready for siege. Sir Rullen and Glens should oversee that. Stockpile some extra foods, bows and arrows, and assemble a great many pike traps and pitfalls in the approaches from which the enemy may likely come. Take whatever measures come to mind, and use whatever funds of my treasury you think necessary - we must be prepared to hold out for relief."

Sir Amias

The march to Granswold had been eventful. Before Sir Amias' army had even departed the castle, a column of soldiers were spotted approaching from the north. They were quickly identified to hail from Skargness and Heshram, the former being the fief of Sir Gauvin Enguerrand, distant 'cousin' to the main line seated along the Avonmark. Sir Gauvin and Sir Amias got off to...less than favorable terms, following their first reunion in some two decades, though the northerly detachment did join ranks with Amias' own. The situation was diffused by Sir Welyn, a hearth knight of House Trutyll whom had also chosen to ride south against Edmund, but not before Enguerrands of Skargness and the Trutylls were stationed at the rearguard by the agitated commander.

Before much longer, the army had departed. In accordance with his lord-father's orders, Sir Amias' first action would be to gather allied forces in the Lanidorlands. While only riders bearing the commander's sigil were sent to collect help from Moyes, Chepsworth, and Lanidor Keep, the army visited Granswold itself, a very short stroll north of Sherfield Keep. There on Gareth's hinterland, Lord Amias drew up his forces for battle, in a showing of force. After being indicated of non-aggression by Charibert's signalers, Lord Grann had swiftly mustered his own fighting men, and met Sir Amias and his many knights and squires in the field betwixt the lines. Promptly, Lord Grann agreed when asked by Sir Amias to join his army -- the purple-crested heir to House Enguerrand had not worded any malice, as there was no need. The men behind were menacing enough.

Then, now joined with Lord Grann, his retinue and some three hundred musters, the army marched onward to Hedgeton. The rest of the lords of Lanidor had provided some thirty additional mounted warriors, who along with their recruiters caught up to Sir Amias along their way. Though numbering far lesser than Grann's force, an included additional dozen knights and men-at-arms, along with a second dozen brought from House Grann, was far from a small contribution - the army now included seventy odd heavy horsemen, compared to the thirty or so with which Sir Amias had left the lordship.

There at Hedgeton, Sir Amias was accompanied by Lord Telamar and Lord Grann as he went to speak with Sheriff Graffoth, whom Amias' father had treated with some months previous, having purchased land near the township for the purpose of mining ventures since stalled by the war. Amias and his entourage and companions received utmost hospitalities from Lord Graffoth, but he reluctantly informed Sir Amias that he could not spare any of his sheriffdom's forces, citing the Geadisch threat. It's lasting presence was made known when Sir Amias returned to his army, receiving reports of his men's chasing off of some of the woodsmen - one had been slain, and given a shallow grave where he fell.

After marching through Hedgeton, some several hours after having left Sherfield, Sir Amias and his army would reach the Lemuel lands. Quickly thereafter, heralds bearing the sigil of Lord Yorwin rode to meet the army, and directed them to meet their gathered allies at Eorlsford, a place of Yorwin's, or one of his vassals, Amias wasn't sure. What he did know, after traveling with the herald for some minutes, was that he was not the only one who had come to take Malleyeth -- he had expected to receive some support from King Grenn and his loyalists on the High River, but by the size of the gathered army, he could be argued to have been the one providing support. Though taking a count at a glance would have been beyond him, Sir Amias could tell that the mustered army dwarfed his own by at least a thousand. Banners displaying the coats of Houses Grenn, Lemuel, Hocke, and Beydon, and those houses' vassals, denoted the locations of their command tents, and made it easy to quickly assess which nobles Sir Amias would be dealing with at the undoubtedly soon-to-come siege councils. Right away, the camp followers of Amias II's army worked with the soldiery to set camp - the knights' tents being set first, Sir Amias found his home away from home prepared for himself quickly, and went to make ready with Charibert for said councils.

While in his command tent, Sir Amias was visited by Sir Gauvin, the Enguerrand Master of Skargness, and along with Sir Welyn of House Trutyll, leader of the detachment from there. Some discussions were had about the plan which the Enguerrands would propose to the other army's commanders when met. Apparently, Lord Amias had ordered for Sir Gauvin and Sir Welyn to sit in on the war council - something Sir Amias was planning to do anyway, but that was just like father. Several different tactics were considered...some less merciful than others, the least of which were sponsored by Sir Gauvin. Sir Amias was unsure what to think of him - a useful man to have in your service, certaintly, after his years fighting the Galds -- but a bit...unpredictable. Eventually, the Enguerrands agreed to suggest offering the castle's garrison a chance to surrender -- if they failed to, they would try to take the castle by storm. How exactly that would be done, Sir Amias planned to either cross the bridge of when came upon, or discuss it with his fellow besieging lords.

With all that said, Sir Amias would look to attend an audience with all of those fellow besieging lords. Accompanying him was Sir Gauvin, Sir Welyn, Sir Charibert, Lord Morran, and Lord Gareth, whom were all deemed of sufficient rank to join his army's delegation. There, once due greetings had been exchanged and pleasantries put aside, Sir Amias would speak on his army's proposals in front of the other army's commanders.

As had previously been discussed, Sir Amias would sponsor, on behalf of his army, an approach which would do away with the castle's garrison swiftly. Naturally, the other present lords shared his mind - nobody wished to commit to a bloody, drawn-out siege. Several different methods of sabotaging or surprising the garrison are considered - in the end, a plan to take the castle from the inside was settled on: one which centered around Sirs Gauvin and Welyn of Heshram.

Posing as knights of House Trutyll, Sir Gauvin, Sir Welyn and their squires would approach the castle by night, and attempt to gain entry under the pretense of having been chased away from Mogg by its' besiegers, after being sent by Lord Trutyll to help to break said siege. Or, that was the story that had been getting put together at the council - hopefully, Sir Welyn had worked out some further intricacies...Lord Gareth would surely have them be prepared with a convincing facade. It would hopefully be believable enough that House Trutyll was on Edmund's side - it had even been guessed that the garrison might not even know where the Trutylls' seat of Heshram was on the map, though Sir Amias assumed the commander would know better.

Once Sir Gauvin and Sir Welyn had infiltrated Castle Malleyeth, assuming they would be able, the two would work to have the fort's western-facing sally gate be opened, blowing a trumpet once they'd provided this oppurtunity for the castle to be stormed. In storming it, that was where Sir Amias came in - leading an elite contingent of twenty knights, archers and sixty sergeants, the commander would hide away with his party in the western brush, awaiting the signal. His mens' charges were twofold - to act on Gauvin and Welyn's exploit, and to ensure the larger army stationed some not far distance north on the road were made aware of whatever happenings. The sergeants and archers were equipped with some quickly put together pavises and small mantlets, the former of which had been brought along, the latter of which were constructed on site during the hours since the council had been met. Such little equipment would more likely be purposed to launch a feint rather than to capitalize on an opened gate, should the knights of Heshram be discovered to be operating as spies.

Due to the sensitive nature of not wanting to blow their knights' cover, both Sir Amias and the infiltrators would move into position under the cover of the fast approaching darkness. Likely in the earshot of other lords' foremost knights, as well as perhaps other lords themselves had one come to take command from Sir Amias of the party hidden away in the shrubs, he had this to say.

"Tonight, let us rid ourselves of this embarrassment to our king and his country. The time has long passed for us to show them the way south," he would tell. Of course, his voice would be quite low - though positioned some distance behind the men on foot in the woods, slightly obscured by the nearest dip in elevation the knights could find as well as the night, they must still remain undetected by the soldiers within Malleyeth.

And then he waited, and hoped his and his compatriots' plans would bear fruit.

Young Amias
The following weeks of imprisonment, after Amias' making of concessions to the son of Cerham, were not at all as harrowing as he had first thought it would be. Being dragged into the enemy's camp, locked away in some long-unkempt undercroft of the High Lord's hold, Young Amias thought that the enemy would make him suffer for having dared to be captured by them. Thought that his brother's words at Shepbrook had damned him to a hellish time here in Darndon. But, it was not so.

After having spoken with Sir Traycon while imprisoned at Cerham Keep, he was released from his dark, dank abode into the world once more -- some six hours had seemed like six years -- and brought to an estate of Sir Traycon, or his House, or what have, in Darndon. There, placed under a house arrest with much leniency, Young Amias somewhat enjoyed his stay, though his circumstances for the stay would not let him admit it. He was allowed to purchase comforts in the town's market, explore as he wished when he got tired of sitting in the house, though accompanied by a guard of course. However, shopping and meandering was not all Young Amias had been doing -- he had been allowed to sit in on the meetings of the local merchant guilds and other local nobles in the mayoral hall of Darndon. He was somewhat familiar with the environment - he had accompanied his father or brother to the courts in Sherfieldton many times, normally for some matter of business which couldn't be dealt with by the local courts, the mayor or the reeve, cousin Vargas - most recently, when the levy was raised for to fight the Darndonmen, and some countryman had killed some townling, which resulted in some uproar. Sir Amias had brought his squire, and Sir Tonis, to represent his father and guide proceedings - they'd left once they'd finished, apparently just in time to let a brawl breakout and a criminal escape, unfortunately. The meetings Young Amias was allowed to attend in Darndon were far more mundane than anything like that, but it served to pass the time and made the scion of House Enguerrand feel like he wasn't being totally useless during said time served.

While going about in Darndonton, Young Amias was the center of attention everywhere he went. People wanted to know if what they'd heard about what happened at Shepbrook was true, if Young Amias had been blinded, if his father was going to pay Mallick a huge ransom to get him out, to see his wound inflicted on him when his brother had been stubborn, the questions and the intrusions and the rashness was endless. Young Amias understood - his appearance was exciting, and he was asking for it, going out of his house and into the town when he was the talk of it. But that didn't mean it didn't grate on him, after the third, fourth, fifth day.

On that fifth day, Young Amias had been playing ball with some of the other boys of wealthy families. It was nice to forget about his situation for some time, and focus just on the game. However, as soon as the game had ended, Amias was reminded in none too friendly of a way - by Danby, the son of a rich merchantman in town, one of the players who had been on his team in the game, and a...developed acquaintance. Young Amias had met him the first day Sir Traycon had brought him to town, and he had been nice...until he decided not to be. Usually, it was when his friends were around, who seemed to be less keen on making friends with Amias, for whatever multitude of reasons, certainly understandable given recent happenings.

However, this time, Young Amias was fed up.

"So, what did Sir Amias do? Is it true he said he'd burn down Darndon? Kill everyone?" Danby taunted loudly. Other boys quickly snap to, realizing there was fun to be had at Amias' expense. They sneered and jeered, some even spitting at the mention of his brother. Amias felt his hankles rise, and his face flush. He knew this was going to happen! Every time his stupid friends are around! Curse them. Hateful sods! All morning, Young Amias had been waiting for when it would start. Playing along as the other players had been nice at first, as they usually were - until the adults were gone, or they'd grown tired of the charade.

"That's right. My brother wished to make your lord see reason, to know what would come next should he have dared to...execute me," Young Amias replied defiantly. His tone was confident and his words free flowing, until mentioning his prospective execution. It sent a shiver down his spine. "Alas, 'Lord' Mallick..." Amias continued, derisively omitting the 'High' from Cerham's title, "...would rather kill a boy like me, barely of age, than chance an open battle with the men of Sherfield. Very courageous, your lord, isn't he?"

He would stare daggers at Danby and the other boys after his remark, seeing which would take enough offense to escalate things from trading words to trading blows. He hoped one of them tried it, forgot their station and Amias' own and the consequences they'd bring on themselves harming their liege's hostage. He just hoped not all at once...surely, the boys had enough of a sense of honor to afford him fighting one of them at a time. At the thought, Young Amias' fists begin to clench, as did his jaw, likely noticeably.

Danby's tormenting had grown stale. He'd tolerated him at first, due to his more friendly demeanor when it was just him and Amias - but no longer. It wasn't the first time he'd pressed Young Amias on the topic to the bemusement of his friends, but it would be the last. The secondborn of the Lord of Sherfield would not be made the laughing stock of some peddler's hellspawn and his dullard friends.

He thought not of the consequences of his OWN actions, in regards to his captors. He was enraged. All he thought about was how much he'd like to separate Danby's tongue from his head. At this point, he was growing red in anger. Previously he'd laughed off Danby's taunts, but this time, he wouldn't let it go.

Command
Lord Amias
- Ransom Lady Drath

- Try to begin raising/training 100 archers, made up of paid volunteers of poor foot and pessant levy, to be deployed with the Sherfield navy by the upcoming winter's end, or sooner used in defense of the lordship if neccesary. Paid equipment and training.

- Ordinary levies (levy horse, standard foot, wealthier freemen) can 'apply' for training and have bows purchased for them after 'application' is reviewed, but won't receive wages and may not be tasted along the river. Just more troops with bows and bow training.

- Consider arming household ships, including personal cog and those recently seized, with ballistas, rams, ballistae, miniature catapults/hurlers, and archer towers. Consider other armaments.

- Spare no expense (though do report potential expenditures before finalizing them) and prepare the castle for siege. Traps, outer earthworks, and such preperations are suggested by Lord Amias, but liberty is given to Sir Rullen and Sir Glens to make any other preperations, their costs seen to by Sir Tonis.

Last edited:
Sir Gauvin, Sir Welyn, and their two squires began their final approach to Castle Malleyeth. They rode in silence, all four of them silently praying that their preparations were enough. Sir Gauvin had ensured that all the council's recommendations were followed: Sir Gauvin and his squire had changed into spare livery from Sir Welyn and Sir Welyn’s squire respectively, they had all equipped themselves in the fashion recommended by Lord Gareth, Sir Gauvin had ensured that his squire and Sir Welyn’s squire had each packed a trumpet for the signal, they had run their horses for a bit to wear them out, and had even rubbed some dirt on their armor and embedded arrowheads in their shields to make themselves seem more worn down. When they did arrive at the castle, it was agreed that Sir Welyn would do most of the talking, for he would have to do far less lying than Sir Gauvin. Sir Gauvin just hoped that Sir Amias and his force would be ready to respond quickly and then gave his companions a final look before they reached earshot of the castle.

The dimly lit chamber of Robert echoed with the haunting creaks of floorboards and the distant howls of the wind outside. Shadows danced across the worn tapestries that adorned the wall. Seated at his cluttered desk, Robert's cold gaze bore into the parchment before him. His eyes gleamed with determination as he dipped his quill into the inkwell, ready to embark on a flurry of messages that would shape the course of his future. The room was silent, except for the rhythmic scratching of the quill on parchment and the occasional distant echo of footsteps from the castle's corridors. Robert's mind buzzed with ideas and plans, and his hand moved swiftly across the paper, leaving behind a trail of ink as he penned letters to allies, vassals, and even rivals.

All notable figures and Lord... anyone nearby who could be of help at this darkest hour. Robert wrote to them with pragmatic reasoning and offers. For the services of his Uncle Philip in the recent feud, Robert offered to Knight his cousin, John. Yet, Robert knew that given the maritime nature of the coalition's plans, he would need experts who had experience sailing the seas to command his ships. To assist the new Knight, John wrote to the elder Saylor brother who led the Dripwood forces in the coalition. His younger brother would be safer in a boat than in a battle, and provide a potential opportunity for Dripwood to obtain urban manors for assisting Sir Qayne. Yet, Robert was under no delusion. He did not think it would be worth the time or blood to send a massive force to Gwyburg. Nay, he planned to send some men to help buy some time, and allow the Magistrate to organize contingency plans to withdraw from Gwyburgh, or at least to get any notable woman and children out so that they could not be captured and used as bargaining chips in the event the city were to fall.

Each and every letter was wrote carefully to ensure that with each request was a cold, and cunning calculation behind the motives of the parties involved. Lord Aldwyn would receive a message asking him to send his remaining son, Darrian, south as the head of a diplomatic mission to curry additional support and aid for the Borderlords and to inform others of the Fyrdian revolt and its events/details. The past week had been tense with the war council, yet they could not waste time. The Carmons had to land a fierce strike before the Fyrdians had a chance to consolidate.

---

1. Construction of fishing weirs in Rinwend's River and Berngard's coast using local stone.

2. Send the Hiberion Sergeant along with Sir Henri and his retinue to head to Crown Coppe to ensure that they are made aware of the Fyrdian Rebellion and the Borderlord's intention to launch raid into Fyrdos in response. Sir Henri will attempt to convince the Steward of Crown Coppe to join the Borderlord's attempts to attack the Fyrdians or launch their own. They are to also attempt to try and figure out what happened to the missing man at arms and try to bring him back if possible, but that is a secondary objective.

3. Robert purchases equipment and gifts them to his poor mounted sergeants to increase their effectiveness and ability to fight as proper sergeants.

4. Robert appoints bailiffs to his newly obtained fiefs and asks Sir Maynard, his High Captain, to begin the process of finding and recruiting trustworthy and dependable men to serve as part of Robert's retinue from his newly obtained lands.

5. Robert sends messengers to Royton to hire 7 Vintenaries and 1 Lance and to formally invite them to the Coalition and if they accept to partake in a... business proposal.

6. Send a diplomatic delegation south to warn of the Fyrdian rebellion and seek additional aid (Oiwhups> Holmroth > Brenheed Keep > Rhanston > High Holy Court > Delster > Jartford) to inform them of the recent attack on Trambley Abbey) led by Sir Darrian Aldwyn (partially to help keep him safe as well since the other son died recently and partially cause Aldwyns have a good reputation in general) and assisted by Louis de Cherbourg (currently a squire in Aldwyn).

7.The Coalition Army is to march north to conduct chevauchees/reconaissance in force on Frydian rebel fiefs and farmlands/fields around Darrowfall Keep to force the besiegers to either face them, withdraw, or starve.

8. John de Cherbourg is knighted and ordered to command the Berngard Fleet and assist the naval operations of Blackstone. Sir Maychard Saylor is also asked to assist John and serve as an advisor and second in command. Sir John is also instructed to send word to Skerry of Lord Qayne's offer to give urban manors to those who answer his call to aid and in addition to send a detachment to Gwyburgh to assist Lord Qayne and if the situation seems untenable, to push for and assist with any evacuations of notable figures from Gwyburgh to Berngard. Additionally, Sir John de Cherbourg is to attempt to convince Lord Qayne to join the naval operation if Lord Qayne refuses to conduct an evacuation with his ships to at least put the Gwyburgh ships to good use. Sir John is given 2 men at arms and 7 valots (at Berngard) from Robert's retinue to assist him in addition to 2 Royton vintenaries.

9. Commission 2 Small Cogs to be constructed.

Last edited:
Returning to the port at Berngard, Evander strode purposefully onto the formidable deck of the Ebon Crest. Spotting Adaric Gaines amidst the maritime activity, he beckoned the trusted figure closer.

"Adaric, your counsel has been weighing on my mind during my journey," Evander declared, his voice carrying a thoughtful resonance. "I've come to the realization that perhaps I've been extending our forces a bit too thin. Prepare two messenger birds to convey a missive to the Admiral. I shall have the orders ready shortly. We're setting sail for Fishley, where we'll regroup the fleet and chart our course northward," he commanded, the winds carrying his words across the ship.

With those directives in motion, Evander withdrew to the sanctuary of his quarters aboard the Ebon Crest. There, surrounded by the ship's rhythmic creaks and the distant calls of seagulls, he immersed himself in the meticulous task of transcribing his strategic plans for the impending maritime expedition.
Summery
  • Inform John de Cherbourg that the fleet will meet in Fishley
  • Set sail to Fishley to await the Blackstone fleet
  • Send two identical letters via pigeon to Admiral Stormcloak informing him to send 8 lonships from Feabane, Reece, Angwin, and Blackstone.
  • Inform Sir Fulthain Ravenwing and Sir Gareth Cadwalder will remain in the isles to defend against any Dyrn invasions with the cogs and Ravenwing’s longships.
  • Bring the 5x Blackstone household knights and meet the Crest in the waters outside of Fishley.
  • Start the construction of 4 additional longships

Count Ricardi Gula (1).jpg

The city was boiling over and Ricardi Gula could only raise a cup of wine to his foes. So arrogant, so foolish and eager for their dominance that they were sowing the seeds of their own annihilation. The unrest in Gwyburgh was only growing as the Carmodian occupiers continued to push out his own people. He didn't even need to recruit at this point, the mobs were primed for blood and vengeance. All he had to do was to begin coordination and organizing the rabble while he called in his banners. It would seem like he was trying to protect his own steading with the chaos spilling out into the outskirts beyond the city. The Gulas had every right to muster with the supposed rabble spilling out towards their lands. He'd not mention the fact he'd be arming and training said rabble though.

"This brewer. Find him and deliver upon the promise I made him. He took his prize and now he will pay the price. This is your ONLY mission now. Return to me when he is dead or he has at least been made to suffer to the level he would wish he was dead. A dead family seems a suitable price for a fraud." Gula says no more, showing his man the mercy of repairing the damage he has done. A chance to regain his status with his master for a Gula never mistreated his own followers. That was how you got betrayed. Leniency with redemption put the matter upon the man now to do his work.

"Make inquiries into Sir Glyndwr. When the city is mine, I need a man the people can trust to lead its guard. Let the man keep his chivalry and honor. I will deal with the less savory matters as has always been the way of the Gulas. He can be the paragon of order for the new city if he truly is tired of Carmodian depravities. If this is a trick? We will make him vanish or die in a way as to spur on the mob," Ricardi muses as he takes a drink of wine while he picked at a platter of sweet meats with fat fingers.

"As to the expelled rabble, get people to start organizing and training them up at least enough to make the push soon. Its almost time. This will also give me time for the more visible action that we can hide some of this behind. Call the banners for House Gula. Dispatch a letter to Qayne in protest at his expelling rabble likely to eventually flood into my lands. Inform him I feel forced to gather my house guard to defend it from looting by the new bandits he's just created. He'll be dismissive and insulting, but I expect he'll let it happen as it could distract the mob. Those nobles around us loyal to the cause should be encouraged to do the same with similar complaints," Gula said as he paused in his eating to regard matters more in thought.

"Yes, this should suit us. That will give time to at least get the rabble more organized for the assault on the city. Which means our troops can muster for seemingly repelling them in a selfish desire rather than any hint of rebellion. Stoke the fires of hatred. Help the Bakers guild, perhaps kill some Carmodian guildsmen to ramp up the mayhem more. Arm the bakers if you have to, or get them thugs eager for Carmodi blood. We'll set the guilds upon one another until the Carmodi ones might even be wary of one another. Kill a few rivals within their ranks to stir the pot. Make it appear as if they're abusing this chaos for their own ambitions and bloodletting."

Ricardi Gula gives a wicked laugh as he pours his wine out on a map of Gwyburgh, staining it red as he sneers.

"Let the blood flow while we make ready for the final move. Let chaos reign!"​

Last edited:
Albert MacEanruig

Of course the news of Robert's success at Trambley Abby was welcome. The camp was equal parts furious at the Abbot and the Carmon oppression he represented and enthralled by the tale of a daring raid on the enemy.

What wasn't welcomed was the news of two dead monks. Blood spilled upon holy ground was a vile act. It did not matter if the blood was Carmon or Fyrd. The news of both the Abbot arrest and the dead monks was sure to spread like fire, and rouse the fury of the Bloody Baron. Darrowfall would have to be taken, and taken soon. Albert could probably fight on army, but not an army and a hostile castle at his back. He knew that he did not have time to starve out the garrison. But he had hoped he would have had some more time.

But alas time was not something he would have. Every day that passed building siege equipment was a day that Lord Miras could further entrench himself and a day that the Carmon boarder lords would have to prepare themselves.

And so Albert found himself once again in a war council. He listened to his Lord council. Robert favored the aggressive stance of Lord Kieth, Albert wasn't surprised by that. He also couldn’t help but agreeing.

“In another situation I would just starve out the garrison and take the castle when there hunger over comes there honor. But the capture of Abbot Uddo will have stirred Philippe Oriflamme into action. Before we assault the bailey I want the castle bombarded with the catapult. Gather men for the first assault.”

• - Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ Mᴀʟʟᴇʏᴇᴛʜ - ♖

Sir Gauvin Enguerrand

The horses' breaths are ragged as you approach the gatehouse of Malleyeth at a cautious trot. As you, Sir Welyn, and your respective squires bring your steeds to a halt, you hear the stretching of sinew and the clicking of mechanisms as crossbows are aimed downward. "Who goes there?" calls a man from parapets. Torchlight cuts through the dusk's gloom, and you see the glimmer of helmets and mail.

1703525003782.png

You remember the general layout of the castle from the maps that were laid out in the war room, but there's no telling what could have changed since they were drawn up. Still, Sir Amias II should be to the west, hidden in what little woods and brush there are under the cover of night. If the worst comes to pass, the sounding of the trumpet will signal for him to launch the feint, which should draw away some of the garrison if you and your fellow infiltrators are forced to fight your way out.

1703830069653.png

So far, so good, though... the guards haven't shot you down. Yet, at least. "State your business. This castle is under the protection of his grace, the King of Carmondy," the guardsman calls down. You hear some distant chatter from the defenders that are topside, but it is hard to decipher. The squires are tense, sharing glances with each other, but remain silent... they let you and Sir Welyn do the talking.

Last edited:
Sir Welyn gave a quick silent prayer and then gave what he hoped was the performance of a lifetime. “Thank the Paragon!” Sir Welyn exclaimed in a tone he hoped sounded like relief, before shifting to a more somber tone, “We're here to beg for refuge. We are knights of House Trutyll who were dispatched to assist Castle Mogg. Only by the time we reached Castle Mogg, it had already fallen to the rebels. Since that day, we have been trying to dodge rebel pursuers and find refuge.” Sir Welyn then took a quick breath as prepared to put 100% of his acting skill in the final line, “Please don’t leave us to die out here.”

- Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ Mᴀʟʟᴇʏᴇᴛʜ -

Sir Welyn / Sir Gauvin
SMTFan SMTFan

There is some murmuring among the guard. "Very well. Dismount your horses," calls down the gatekeeper. Grating metal is heard as the portcullis is raised, and soon the gates are pulled open by a pair of sergeants. Two grooms in gambeson rush over to take the horses from the knights and their squires, and other guards go about ushering in the party of true and false Trutylls. The tension in the air is palpable... hopefully not to the defenders.

"You were lucky to get here when you did," says a knight in a Hiberion surcoat as he walks up to the pair. "Scouts are saying that there's an army on the way - we're due for a siege, looks like." The royal knight offers a mailed handshake to Sir Welyn, whom he apparently assumes to be in charge. "Good to have you with us, sirs. I am Sir Jared of Chestings." The knight of Midduch has pock-marked features, with a dark moustache slithering across his face like a snake... something about his eyes is still wary - as one ought to be - but his words don't seem false. "Right. We'll get your beasts fed and watered, and you lads as well," he smiles. The squires Seisyll and and Arwel give a chuckle, and have their steeds taken to the stables as well, and they give their thanks. The lads try to look relieved, rather than nervous... things seem fine, for now.

"Clear the way!" hollers a rider, and the Trutylls are made to step aside for a party of mounted men. While the gates are still opened, a half-dozen horsemen gallop out of the castle, torches in hand. "Be quick about it, lads," calls Sir Jared. "Right, follow me. We'll have the castellan meet you soon." He waves for some men to follow along with him and his 'guests' - two Hiberion armsmen, and two sergeants.

1704597908489.png

The group is lead up some steps, out of the lower bailey. They pass by some palisades and chevals of stakes that line the inner defensive embankment that separates the majority of the buildings from the chapel and guardhouse section. At least six more defenders can be seen going about their business on the castle grounds as the guardhouse is approached - but it is dark, and there could be more. More are on the walls. A valot opens the door for the party. "Go in, have a seat at the table," Sir Jared says. "Eskar, go fetch these men some wine." The valot bows, and scurries off. The knight sits at the trestle table, on a bench. "Now, Sir Welyn, have you sighted the same army as we have? What do you know of their numbers, their positions?"

Last edited:
“We’ve caught occasional glimpses of our pursuers, mostly cavalry unsurprisingly. Though I’m unsure if they are part of the same force as the army you have sighted.” Sir Welyn begins racking his brain, “I’m trying to remember what exact livery I saw, but everything is so blurred. I haven’t been able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time since Castle Mogg.” Sir Welyn says while continuing to try to appear in a state of deep but confused thought, aided by the fact that he is genuinely racking his brain for the livery of the houses at Castle Mogg. Catching the cue, Sir Gauvin adopts a similar state.

- Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ Mᴀʟʟᴇʏᴇᴛʜ -

Sir Welyn / Sir Gauvin
SMTFan SMTFan

"Doubtless, these banners were seen at a great distance," says Sir Jared, though the look about him suggests that some slight suspicion has been aroused. "Well, I saw Lord Harrick of Horlach, for one," mentions Seisyll. Sir Jared hums, and nods. "Ah, Harrick. Grouchy old bastard, he is. You'd best be glad he didn't get his claws on you lads," he jests towards the squires again, who try to laugh along with the knight, though it comes across as rather awkward.

Sir Jared shakes his head. "Matron's Mercy, lads. You're among friends, we all serve the crown, here." Maybe his eyes narrowed, just ever so slightly. "Anyway - I'm sorry for keeping you men up, when you all clearly need respite. Eat and drink your fill - just be mindful that we'll be starting rationing soon." He gestures at the loaves of bread and the pitcher of wine on the table that have been set down by Eskar. Standing up from the bench, he makes his way over to one of the guards. "Sabastien, make sure they're settled in. Find them quarters upstairs."

The man-at-arms bows his head. "Yes, sir." Sir Jared stretches with a yawn, and makes his departure from the guardhouse... though, he seems to whisper something to Sabestien before he leaves. Only one man-at-arms follows Sir Jared outside, with three guards and the valot Eskar remaining.

1704602766559.png

The guards bring the Trutylls upstairs, to what looks like a storage room with some extra bedrolls set up within. As you pass along a few other rooms, you can see more soldiers sleeping inside, on more proper beds. Still, the ones being provided for the 'guests' look comfortable enough... if sleep was really on your minds, that is - and Paragon knew that it wasn't. "Right, here we go, sirs," Sabastien says. "Eskar will help you with anything that you need. If you'll excuse me..." Sabastien goes back downstairs with the two sergeants, while Eskar shows everyone inside the room. He makes apologies for the state of the quarters, but promises that better ones will be provided tomorrow night.

Seisyll steps over, now. "Right, uh, I'll help you out of your armour, Sir Gauvin." He kneels, beginning to unlace his mail hose, until the valot finally leaves, closing the door behind him. Now the squires look to their masters for guidance.

Last edited:
Count Ricardi Gula (1).jpg
Φ-Hᴏᴜsᴇ Gᴜʟᴀ-Φ

The chamber was warm with the flame of the firepit even as a vast boar was being roasted upon a spit for the bloated master of House Gula. Ricardi Gula watched it with anticipation even as he considered developments of his schemes while the winds of fate landed curious developments before him. It was a pity the brewer was yet to be found, but no one broke oath with House Gula and survived long no matter their breeding. Elkan's efforts would be rewarded when he finally succeeded, but for now it also meant the squire was abroad and might send back word of any odd or interesting goings on. Information was important and a mobile spy helpful when obviously his open intent was running down an oathbreaker. Ricardi did love spinning his webs and layering intents like the bloated spider he was, no warrior or great knight but the head of a house determined to climb high in a restored Fyrdros. Gwyburgh was just the beginning if he would have anything to say about it.

The mustering was going well and Gula was arming the rabble up while calling up his own forces. He would work the rabble up and send them in first against the defense he had been working carefully to undermine. Poison and treason woven deeper and deeper even as the damnable Carmodi were making plans of their own or feeding the rage of the mob. The news of this cloaked figure that had come to him was curious and troubling. It would seem the Carmondi were truly starting to turn upon one another as the shifts of conflict emerged. There was a deep delight to this news, even if it also made him suspicious. The offer of hostages and perhaps a curious reconciliation that could benefit House Gula and its ambitions. Skerrymen paid were likely to be loyal to the coin and it woudl seem the High Magistrate had foolishly failed to keep up his own payments.

"The gold will be provided, considering the profit such hostages will earn us both aside from what other benefits it would grant. It is just as well they will be held in my keep, harder to simply seize them back. I accept this arrangement and look forward to the rewards we will reap from it."

This created more reason to fully rally his levies as well, expecting potential treachery. The brewer had done so, this could be another hidden game and he needed all of his available manpower ready. The rabble would be expended in taking Gwyburgh, weakening and tiring Carmondi forces. His own banners supporting and fresh, easier to fully secure the city and hold it again other potentially treacherous nobles who would steal his glory or prize. He did hope the King would see the wisdom of this fire of chaos he was igniting, but only time would tell.

"Come, let us enjoy the flesh this lovely beast as a sign of shared good will. Your master will have much to gain and a Gula keeps his word to those who keep theirs." A deep truth he was left wondering if the Skerrymen would fully appreciate.

It would be time and he would expend his funds to make sure his forces were well armed for the mayhem. The promise of ransoms would restore his coffers and war chest that had to be expended now in conspiracy and direct military action. The rebellion was primed to go off and he would gleefully set things fully in motion.​

After waiting an additional moment to be sure the Valot was gone and giving a quick glare at Seisyll for using his real name, Sir Gauvin whispered, “Now it’s time to begin the critical stage of the operation. Firstly, we will all remove our riding gear and leave our weapons here. After that we will all leave the room and split up into two groups: Seisyll and Arwel, you two will discretely take your trumpets to an unwatched area of the castle and blow them like your lives depend on it; While you two handle that Sir Welyn and I will go downstairs to the mead hall and act normally. After you two have blown your trumpets, you will drop them and immediately head back to this building where upon entering you will claim you heard the Fyrds were attacking. Then all four of us will return to this room, grab our weapons and set out for the western sally port. Is the plan clear?”

- Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ Mᴀʟʟᴇʏᴇᴛʜ -

Scene written with SMTFan SMTFan & Lord Bradorian Lord Bradorian

Sir Gauvin

Seisyll looks sheepish at the glare from his master, but it doesn't look like Eskar the valot had noticed anything out of the ordinary when your name was mentioned. Your squire finishes removing your mail hosen, and wraps them in some cloth to store by the bed. The squires listen to your plan, and nod. "Yes, sir - we won't fail you," Seisyll says. Arwel pauses for a short prayer, in case during this eve his soul must depart to the Hallowed Realm. "Paragon bless us, and may He grant us victory on this night."

1705108674505.png

You and Sir Welyn make your way down the stairs and into the mead hall. Two members of the garrison are drinking ale and dicing at one of the tables, clad only in their shirts, trousers and nightcaps. Eskar has brought them water. Sabastien and his two sergeants are still present, seated at another table in their armour and their azure Hiberion tabards - each adorned with the royal crook, held aloft by two snowlions. Sabastien spares a glance in your direction as you head down the steps, while the sergeants seem to stare.

Seisyll and Arwel walk a short distance across the mead hall, then leave through the same door that they entered through. You and Sir Welyn take a seat at the table with the men in the Hiberion livery. Just before you sit, one of the sergeants stands up from the table, departing to briefly speak with Eskar, before the pair walk outside. Sabastien takes a small sip of ale. "How do you do, good kingsmen? It was a brave thing to come down here, to the Low Lands. Like his father before him, King Edmund shall reward the men who are true to him. Where in Abyss is Eskar, anyway? He ought to have brought some more ale..." He glanced at the remaining sergeant, who sighed, standing up from his chair and retrieving a jug and some tankards, before setting them down at the table.

1704946667018.png

Infiltrators

Seisyll and Arwel make their way out to the small copse of trees on the castle grounds, behind the guardhouse. The produce their trumpets, draw forth deep breaths, and blow for their lives. Eskar the valot and one of the castle sergeants had followed them out - and they immediately draw their swords when the sound pierces their ears. Eskar and the sergeant bicker briefly, before the former turns around, and begins to run back towards the guardhouse. The sergeant charges towards the squires, who produce their daggers.

Arwel and Seisyll take a look at each other and know what must be done. Immediately they split apart hoping that the sergeant's strike at one of them will leave the other with an opening for a kill.

The sergeant runs at the pair, screaming as he adopts a twohanded grip on his sword, swinging it at Seisyll, who manages to sidestep the blow. Arwel plunges his dagger into the sergeant, but it only scrapes his mailed collar, making him grunt. Seisyll retaliates, but his dagger similarly scrapes against the hauberk. Arwel seizes the sword-arm of the sergeant, giving Seisyll time to plunge his blade into an exposed part of his throat, sending him down with a gurgle. Unfortunately, it seems Eskar has already made his way around the corner, moments away from alerting the guardhouse of the specifics of these goings-on...

As the occupants wonder about the noise, Eskar bursts into the mead hall. "Treachery - these men are false!" he cries. Sabastien and his companion go wide-eyed and reach for their swordbelts.

Realizing the jig is most definitely up, Sir Welyn and Sir Gauvin go for their daggers, then lunge at Sabastien and the sergeant. Hoping that the quicker draw time of daggers and the close range will allow them to triumph.

As the valot Eskar appears in the doorway raising the alarm, all spring into action, genial small talk giving way to sudden violence. Having already been on high alert, Sir Welyn and Sir Gauvin are quicker to arm themselves than Sabastien and the sergeant, and strike with haste. The sergeant had yet to fully stand when Welyn came upon him, being quickly overpowered by his opponent and stabbed under his chin. Sabastien is quicker, rising instantly and having nearly produced his sword; Gauvin's dagger is deflected as the armsman draws but still catches its' victim through his mouth, making him gurgle. Both men fall, the sergeant dead and Sabastien drowning in his own blood. Their swords are quickly recovered by Sirs Gauvin and Welyn, seeking more fit weaponry than their now bloodied daggers. Eskar watches in horror as Sabastien and the sergeant are dispatched so swiftly. After a moment of shock, his gaze snaps behind him, looking out the doorway of the mead hall. "Back, knaves!" he screams at the squire, brandishing his weapon.

The two men in their night clothes make a break for the nearest door to the quarters. One throws open the door and disappears inside, shouting about murder. The other follows close behind, spilling ale and dice all over. "We're under attack!" some man cries from outside the hall, heard very faintly within. A thudding can also be heard, almost sounding like rain. You know it is a rain of arrows. Three or four trumpets bellow from outside the castle; the assault force's response to the squires' signal.

Then, in quite the fluke, Eskar is struck in the neck by an arrow shot from outside the castle. He crumples to his knees, and is easily finished off by the Fyrdians' swords. Seisyll is able to retrieve his blade, leaving all four infiltrators armed. However, the valot died next to a brazier, so his killing was noticed by some of the defenders on the wall, who begin to let loose at the Fyrdians. Arwel nearly suffers a hit from an arrow, which grazes his hauberk. Yelling continues to be heard from within the guardhouse.

1705117604342.png

The four infiltrators take off as fast as their legs can carry them towards the western sally port, which is a relatively short distance from the copse of trees where the squires slew the sergeant and drew first blood. The sounds of battle can be heard, as men on the walls fend off Sir Amias's assault. The sally port should be up ahead... a trio of bowmen can be seen running for the walls.

The infiltrators ignore the bowmen, given they are unlikely to engage, given the short range. The archers begin to ascend the steps up to the battlements. As the Fyrdians make their way around the corner, the sally port is in sight. A set of heavy ironshod doors, which will have to be unbarred and pulled open to allow the besiegers access. Sir Jared is just coming out of the keep, accompanied by a man-at-arms and a sergeant, who turn their heads and notice the quintet of troublemakers. "BASTARDS," cries the knight, drawing his sword. His young squire passes him his shield, while the armsman brandishes a battle axe, and the sergeant a spear. They are positioned such that they cannot be passed...

The sergeant throws his spear at Sir Welyn, and it misses, sticking in the earth nearby.

Sir Gauvin ignores Sir Jared’s taunts and throws himself at the man-at-arms, while Sir Welyn engages Sir Jared and makes a taunting remark, “Do all knights of Malleyeth allow any band of Bastards to just waltz into the castle or just you?” Hoping Sir Jared will be angered enough to give him an opening. Seisyll attacks the sergeant, to prevent him from getting any chance to recover his spear, while Arwel goes for Sir Jared’s squire hoping to seize the lad.

Arwel fails to grab the boy, and the squire escapes into the keep, shouting further alarums. Sir Jared roars and swings at Sir Welyn, who barely manages to parry with his sword, only to retaliate with a strike that Sir Jared blocks with his shield. Seisyll receives a blow to the shoulder, and cries out in pain, making his next stroke sluggish - the sergeant parries, and delivers a mailed fist to his face, staggering him backwards. As for Sir Gauvin, the man-at-arms blocks his sword stroke with the shaft of his battle-axe, and thereafter slams his weapon into his hand, breaking it and sending his sword flying from his grasp.

Sir Welyn and Arwel know the fight has to end quickly and launch a joint assault on Sir Jared. Sir Gauvin and Seisyll put all their efforts into dodging, hoping just to survive till assistance can arrive.

Sir Welyn and Arwel attack Sir Jared, but he uses his shield to his advantage, and uses sweeping blows with his sword to keep his foes at bay. Sir Gauvin avoids being overcome by the man-at-arms, despite his broken hand, and avoids a bash from the axe. Seisyll, however, is too dazed to avoid the sergeant's follow-up attack, and has his face cloven by sword, dying where he stands.

Sir Welyn and Arwel launch a final desperate do or die attack on Sir Jared, they will break through his defenses or die trying. Sir Gauvin resorts to his final gambit, bait the men at arms into hitting the sergeant.

Sir Welyn and his squire don't manage to offend Sir Jared in any meaningful way - Sir Arwel gets a small slash on his thigh for his troubles, wincing in pain. The sergeant turns around and pushes Sir Gauvin to the ground, while the man-at-arms goes to boot him in the face. Sir Gauvin, however, manages to grab hold of his foot and push him backwards, causing the armsman to fall to the ground with a curse.

Sir Gauvin attempts to wrestle the man at arms axe away from him. At the same time, Welyn and Arwel continue their desperate assault on Sir Jared.

Sir Gauvin attempts to struggle his way out of the sergeant's grasp, Arwel and Sir Welyn continue attacking Sir Jared.

Sir Welyn's strike is parried by Sir Jared, as is Arwel's - though the latter strike does stagger him, and the follow-up blow issued by Sir Jared is sluggish and parried by Arwel. Meanwhile, the sergeant struggles to hold a thrashing Sir Gauvin, who is struck across the face with the shaft of the battle-axe, but remains conscious. Some distant shouting can be heard from atop the walls.

Sir Gauvin continues his struggle while Sir Welyn attacks Sir Jared, and Arwel makes a run for the sally gate.

Sir Welyn's sword connects with the collarbone of Sir Jared, and he cries out. "Agh - scum!" he spits, falling to one knee, and Arwel is able to run past him. The man-at-arms turns his head upon hearing the cry of Sir Jared, but then quickly focuses on Arwel. The sergeant begins to choke Sir Gauvin into unconsciousness. "Hey - stop!" hollers the man-at-arms at Arwel.

Sir Welyn interposes himself between Arwel and any pursuers, and the royal man-at-arms screams, swinging his battle axe with such strength that Sir Welyn's sword flies from his grasp. Arwel runs like his life depends on it, making it over to the sally port. He unbars the doors and frantically pulls them open.

Sir Amias II

You hear a duo of trumpets blasting into the night's sky, and your own trumpeters quickly raise and blow upon their own in reply. Every soul from a mile around must have been roused by the sound.

"LOOSE!" cries Lord Caerau Beydon, commanding the archers. A hail of arrows arcs across the night sky, falling upon the castle grounds of Malleyeth.

The assault has begun. "Get those ladders up!" Men emerge from the brush, charging the castle walls under cover of the bowmen. It isn't long before arrows and crossbow quarrels begin to fly, and men begin to fall. Ladders are raised and promptly pushed down or chopped apart by the men on the walls. Men make it to the top, only to receive grievous wounds from the defenders and thereafter fall to their deaths. Skulls are smashed by stones, and bodies lie broken after men fall from their ladders. No true progress is made... such is the price of this feint.

But then, a glimmer of hope by the sally port. Where there were once solid, ironshod doors, torchlight now shines through. They're open.

1705120009919.png

Last edited:
Castle Malleyeth
"It is open! We have them!" Amias cried, spurring his horse roughly into a full gallop, holding his sword and shield high, hoping to protect himself from any bolts or arrows fired his way. He would be the first of the knights to depart from the treeline, dashing speedily toward the gate. Once closing in on the opening and the clash of arms beyond it, he would leap from his mount and wade into the fray.

"This is it, lads!" the commander bellowed to his countrymen over the clamor as he raised his shield above his head. Sir Amias pushed against the man in front of him as he was pushed by the man behind him. The mob of murderous Fyrdians rushed brashly to squeeze inside the opened sally gate, committing all their efforts to exposing the castle's fatal weakness. Each man yearned to claim his pound of flesh and spoils, many having been forced to tolerate this stronghold of tyranny in their hinterland for year after year, waiting for this day. "Up the stairs! Stop the archers!" Sir Amias urged the sergeants who were already making their way inside.

Arwel stood to the side as the army charged in, hoping to avoid being trampled. Sir Welyn attempts to grab the nearest weapon on the ground, ideally the spear, and hoping to get a look at Sir Jared's face. Sir Gauvin continued laying unconscious on the ground dreaming dreams of strangling the sergeant, the death of his squire, Seisyll, and the fact that the entire mission had likely just failed in a massive fiasco.

Last edited:
- Cᴀsᴛʟᴇ Mᴀʟʟᴇʏᴇᴛʜ -

The man-at-arms screams, and goes for a swing with his battle axe at Arwel, only to miss and stagger outside the sally port doors, quickly becoming cut down by the surge of Fyrdians. As Sir Welyn attempts to run past Sir Jared, the latter swings his sword into the back of his leg, which would have hamstrung him if it weren't for his full mail hose. Still, Sir Welyn collapses in the dirt before he can reach the spear. Another two guards run out of the keep door, only to be surprised by the flood of foemen coming in from the sally port. "What in Abyss is going on?!"

With several guards killed by the infiltrators, and a dozen other men having ridden out to torch the castle's hamlet to deny it to the enemy, even fewer fighters are left for this much-needed defence. A Granswold sergeant pushes past Arwel, and sinks a warbrand into the head of the royal sergeant that had strangled Gauvin, while a soldier of Granswold bashes Sir Jared in the helm before he can finish off Sir Welyn. The archers on the wall have already begun to panic, knowing that the Fyrdians have broken through, and will soon be up the stairs.

Sir Amias II enters the fray. One of the guards reverses himself, and flees back into the keep, barring the door, while the other, a man-at-arms, attempts to fend off the invaders with his glaive. However, Sir Amias bests him in a feat of arms, and the soldier yields upon becoming outnumbered.

It isn't long before the keep gives in, the drumbeat of surrendering being heard shortly after the rest of the besieging forces arrive. The royal castellan, Sir Redwin Tyrmeld, presents his sword to Sir Amias II. Cheers erupt, and it seems the heir to Sherfield has assuaged some of the shame from his defeat at Shepbrook. All in all, the forces of Fyrdos lost only a dozen men in their taking of the castle.

As for the true heroes of the siege, Sir Welyn and Sir Gauvin are taken into the castle to be treated for their wounds. Sir Gauvin's left hand is expected to heal in several weeks [3 turns], while Sir Welyn - thanks to his hauberk - has merely been seriously bruised by Sir Jared's blow. Arwel is also treated for his slash on the leg, and some of the lords muse about having him knighted.

The castle has passed into the hands of King Grenn, with Sir Valwryn being made acting castellan. The lords and commanders convene the following morning.

"We must now make our way to Darrowfall," says Lord Yorwin Lemuel. Arland Hocke is quick to agree. "Aye, we need a true test of our mettle."

Caeran Beydon looks slightly more reluctant, having planned to only participate in one siege, apparently - or perhaps less willing to fight against another Fyrdian lord. But his honour compels him to press further, since Malleyeth was taken with such speed and minimal losses. "Right, well, Grenn shall have another castle soon, then. Let's hang the archers - there's too many of them - and leave the rest of the bastards to their own dungeons. There's simply the matter of dividing the castle's loot and our shares of the prisoners of quality."

Lord Amias
Defenses, Archers & Mercenaries
Though it was his son that had led his army to war, Lord Amias had not been inactive back home in Sherfield. Having dispatched orders to prepare his lordship to both defend itself and continue to offend those enemies found along the Avonmark, he thought he'd done well to prepare himself and his people should the worst come to pass. However, he soon learned it wasn't that easy.

Sir Glens, charged with bettering the castle's defenses in anticipation of a siege, had little trouble in carrying out his lord's wishes. His many efforts came with a cost, one that Lord Amias would have to pay. These costs would no doubt continue to accumulate as Filibert's plans were fully carried out, but none could be spared - the price of failing to defend the walls would be much higher.

Sir Rullen had failed his directives, through no fault of his own, as he made clear to his liege. Though supplied with equipment, training grounds, wages, and instructors, most of the poor men of Sherfield were unable or unwilling to train to become sharpshooters. It was pointed out by Sir Rullen that the lordship's archers were much better used in engagements like at Shepbrook, where volley fire can be employed -- firing from a moving ship was a far more daunting task for the prospective trainees, as a matter of course.

The knight would then suggest the purchasing of crossbows or the service of mercenaries as a remedy for the navy's lack of archers, with all of those having been sent away with the army and secondly being unfit for Amias' purposes. The old lord would permit Sir Rullen to pursue both possibilities. In regards to crossbows, Rullen would be told to purchase twenty, and seek out any attilliators looking for employment - north of the river, of course. As for the hiring of mercenaries, Sir Rullen would be charged to seek some out. Any soldiers of fortune interested in employment with House Enguerrand should present themselves at the castle, with reasonable terms in mind. Even if not familiar with a bow or crossbow, Lord Amias would likely find a place for them. He did not want another band of merrymen led by a character like Serwin Wynch - more...legitimate mercenaries would be preferred. "If you need any help with all this or simply need companions for the road, you may call on a few of the castle-guards. I'd advise you not to leave the castle without a strong escort - there will be no shortage of trouble on the road, now."

Gareth's Wood, Arming & Organizing the Hearth's Flotilla

After Lord Amias' plans to arm his house's flotilla were made and word of his need for wood spread, offers came from the lordships of Granswold and Moyes. Lord Amias would decide to do business with Lord Gareth, encouraged by his cleric and one of his closest advisors, Father Jennos. When negotiations had ended, Lord Amias had spent two-hundred and fifteen gold on purchasing wood for building naval weapons from Lord Gareth.

Lord Amias would subsequently task his hearthmen and advisors with directing the carpenters and engineers in working to equip the four river cogs of Lord Amias' personal fleet. "I want two weapons to be built for two of the cogs. The other two will remain unarmed, though parties of mailedmen will sail on them when the ships are sent downriver - either my retainers, or perhaps some of Rullen's mercenaries...the idea is that the two unarmed ships shall not go without the support of the two armed ships, and vice versa."

The Lord of Sherfield had not ordered his traders-turned-raiders to cease their actions on the river, though he'd provide no further specific targets at this time, and his personal ships would remain docked due to ongoing efforts to make the Sherfield navy's flagships also it's spearheads. Sailors which had been pressed into service aboard the Mankford and Pontyprwyn ships would be transferred to serve aboard any of the arrested ships, replacing them aboard the house's ships with those displaced by.

Ransoming Shayle & Amias III's Return
Lady Shayle's father, Lord Marhen Drayth, was quick to propose a ransom to Lord Amias for his daughter's return. His offer of eighty gold and ten heads of cattle is accepted, the livestock being added to Lord Amias' pens in Sherfieldton. There, his property in livestock had grown much as of late, having moved his smaller herd in Porthaewidge across the Avonmark into town upon relinquishing his titles there, and now added to by Marhen's cattle.

Lord Amias himself would finally manage to pay a high price of six-hundred gold and a very significant quantity of foodstuffs to High Lord Mallick for his son's return, after over a week of bartering and deliberation. Once having rejoined his father at Sherfield Keep, Young Amias hadn't much to say, and his father wouldn't press him. The boy had been through much, and had plenty reason to blame his own brother and father for it, though Old Amias hoped he didn't feel such a way. He would give the boy his needed time to enjoy his freedom and collect himself after how he'd suffered at Shepbrook.

Sir Amias
Taking Castle Malleyeth
Sir Gauvin's gambit bore fruit in the end. After the port opened, the defenders had stood no chance - it was not long before their surrender. Having led the initial assault on the opened gate, Sir Amias directed the men onto the castle hoardings and participated in the securing of the castle's green. Overtaking an armsman himself, he helped to assure the safety of the true heroes of the siege, one of the squires having been killed during the escapade.

Sir Amias then quickly moved to gain the surrender of the castellan. Entering the keep had not been neccesary, as Sir Redwin Tyrmeld's drummers offered his surrender, and the man came out and presented his sword to Amias II. Redwin's surrender was met with great cheer and applause, and the young commander basked in the glory - a welcome change from the shame and anger he'd felt, and been made to feel by his peers, after his defeat in the Darndonland.

That night, Amias and his officers slept well within the keep's guest chambers, after some time spent celebrating with the troops in and around the castle's meadhall - there, Sir Amias got a close look at Gauvin and Welyn's work, before the bodies were taken away for to 'reopen' the hall.

The Next Morning SMTFan SMTFan
In the morning, Sir Amias met with his fellow commanders of the army. House sergeants would be sent to inform Sir Gauvin and Sir Welyn that their presence would be enjoyed, but their absence understandable, should they need time to recover from their trials. A sergeant would also visit Arwel, summoning the battle-tested squire at his earliest convenience - he was to be made a hearth knight of Clan Enguerrand by Sir Amias.

What to do with the many prisoners captured was discussed at Malleyeth's keep. Some were to be hanged, others imprisoned, though the prisoners of quality would be kept with the victors' armies, and the dividing of them between those several armies was naturally come to. Again, each man yearned for his pound of flesh and loot.

"Having taken Sir Redwin prisoner already, I require less of a share. If considered reasonable, I will be sending two of the treasonous knights and two of the Hiberion armsmen back to Sherfield to be judged by my liege and our courts."

Then, should his terms be agreeable, Sir Amias would support other lords' minds on the army's next movements.

"Aye, to Darrowfall. There, the Bloody Baron and the alliance around the Myre march to meet the besiegers. Let's go today -- we mustn't miss the battle! I must only see to my prisoners and dispatch riders to tell of our victory, and then me and my men will be ready," Sir Amias eagerly told his allies, pumping his fist with conviction.

This would be his making. Riding to the side of the High Lord Albert, and securing King Grenn's victory in the Pale. Further, a victory at Darrowfall would surely pacify the Carmon Northlands' western marcherlords. His victory at Malleyeth would be the first of Sir Amias' accomplishments in this war, he knew it.

Sending Prisoners Home
As for his prisoners, Sir Amias would ask of his advisors what they knew of them. Where they hailed from and whether they owed fealty to some lord other than King Edmund, for purposes of ransoming the men. Sir Amias planned to have them escorted back to Sherfield, where Lord Amias may pass judgement - perhaps have them hung for treason, the nobles forced to swear fealty to him or have claims manufactured on their land by right of King Grenn, or simply ransom them...it would be for his father to decide.

Once the requested information had been procured, Sir Amias would go about having the prisoners escorted, asking Lord Morran of Holmfirth to send the knight of his hearth Sir Halmar and some of his lordly retinue in doing so. Naturally, Sir Halmar's brief return to Sherfield would also involve informing Lord Amias of the happenings at Malleyeth and the army's subsequent movements as well as arming him with information about the prisoners so he may make informed decisions on their fates. "Though through familiar territory, they'll be escorting very important prisioners, including the castellan Sir Redwin...be sure they're ready to fight off any foemen they might encounter. No less than two dozen guards - Sir Halmar may gather some horsemen to accompany him, he shan't leave you with none of your retainers to act with."

Having charged Sir Halmar with relatively mundane tasks on the eve of battle, Amias would promise the knight of Holmfirth that his commitment to serve the lordship of Sherfield would not go unnoticed should he carry out his given orders, and he will be guaranteed a portion of plunders missed out on. These sentiments may be shared by Lord Telemar or Amias personally, depending. Upon completion of their duties, Halmar's party should seek out and return to Sir Amias by Darrowfall.

Sir Halmar's party of Telemar retainers and Sherfield horsemen would depart, with the shackled Sir Redwin and the other noble prisoners taken at Malleyeth in tow, just as the army did the same in the direction of Darrowfall.

Command Mode
Lord Amias
- Approve of Sir Glens' projects around Sherfield Keep, providing additional funding as needed
- Have Sir Rullen look for crossbows to purchase, mercenaries and attiliators for hire, since training failed initially
- Pay Gareth's steward 215g for lumber for two ship-mounted weapons
- Begin construction of two ship-mounted weapons on cogs of House Enguerrand's personal flotilla
- Transfer any sailors pressed into service aboard personal cogs onto arrested cogs, due to the personal cogs' becoming more valuable to Sherfield's navy following their improvements this turn. Don't want possibly untrustworthy sailors aboard
- Accept Lord Drath's ransom offer for Lady Drath; 80g and 10 heads of cattle
- Receive Young Amias back at home, allow him time to recuperate

Sir Amias
- Offer knighthood to Arwel
- In addition to having captured Sir Redwin, ask for following share of prisoners: 2x Fyrdian mercenary knights, 2x Hiberion man-at-arms.
- Have prisoners escorted back to Sherfield by Sir Halmar, accompanied by two dozen Telemar retainers and Sherfield horsmen.
- Sir Halmar will also notify Lord Amias of victory at Malleyeth, march to Darrowfall, and inform him on the details of his prisoners so he can make informed decisions for ransoming (information gathered at Malleyeth Castle through interrogation or asking allies)
- FOR GAUVIN: Add Sir Jared to prisoner escort, with intent to ransom him on Gauvin and Seisyll's family's behalf, should Gauvin's demand for him be allowed by other lords
- March to Darrowfall forthwith

Last edited:
The Baron and his army force marched hard the whole day, making all speed to Darrowfall while Philippe stewed in his anger. Hardly caring for the fact that he was marching alone against an enemy host. He immediately slowed his pace after camping for the first day, his wrath not withstanding his need for well rested troops. They made good time and found Darrowfall surrounded the next day. Philippe wasn't sure if the Flamebay Army was spotted but decided to lead his forces on a huge sally against the besiegers camp until the coalition arrived. "See those sacreligious dogs! Let's give them a taste of Paragon's wrath and send them straight to hell! Now charge my valorous valets and manly men-at-arms! To me my men!" These were the first words spoken by Philippe since the march except to organize the campaign and his whole army leapt into action in order to follow him into this wild and shortly planned melee.

Last edited:
Response to the Breach
Albert looked at his brother, he himself felt that an assualt through the breech was a good idea. An quick end to this siege was what he needed. But he could see in his brothers eyes a different opinion. Those were the eyes of a man who had seen these things before.

"What say you brother?"

Robert sat down the goblet of wine and stood, smothing out his tunic as he did so, "I saw if the breach is narrow it is not worth it. If a breach exists behind a palisade that we have yet to take, it certianly is not a breach. Lord Gavin, I mean you know offence when I saw that sometimes the best course of action is to not jump into action immediately."

Robert MacEanruig

They had seen the army before the charge began. Dust from the road and the tops of brilliant crimson banners gave the forces of the Bloody Baron away before his forces charged. They had just enough time to turn there lines away for Darrowfall and towards this new threat. Robert did not like having an enemy in his rear, but what choice did they have. There was always the damned anticipation that came before the lines of a battle were drawn.

Once it had been fear. Fear that he had to choke down of throw up. Fear he had long since placed out of his mind. Fear was his enemy more then any foe-mans spear or lance or sword. It was an enemy he had conquered when he had gained the ugly ragged scar that pulled his lip into a smirk. Now he could only wait and watch. The ground vibrated with the hoof beat of Flamebay horse. Infantry tensed up and braced themselves.

Like a rushing wave the enemy crashed into the line of Kragwyn foot. The line held for a moment. Bent, and then Robert saw horsemen apearing behind the line. Paragon damnit it, the pierced the line, he thought gritting his teeth. This could be the critical moment of the battle. The instant were victory would be won or lost. He smelt smoke and heard fighting from the direction of the gate. Siege equipment no doubt was being set alight by the castles defenders. The other camps would be fomring there battle lines soon. Yes, this was the moment.

"Men of Kragwyn, follow me if you wish to see glory!" He shouted as he drove his spurrs deep into the flank of his horse, driving it forward into the battle.

Last edited:
Sir Welyn was unsurprised to see Sir Gauvin walking with him to the meeting of the army’s commanders. Despite being repeatedly beat and having his left hand broken, injuries that would have convinced many another knight to rest for a day or two, there was Sir Gauvin was walking like a man possessed towards the command tent. Sir Welyn knew Gauvin could be bloody-minded at the best of times, but now Gauvin was in rare form, the death of Seisyll had clearly affected him, and he was going to extract his pound of flesh from the Carmons. Thus, Sir Welyn fully expected what happened next.

Sir Gauvin entered the command tent, alongside Sir Welyn, Sir Gauvin's face was a mask, if he was feeling any pain from his numerous injuries, he was refusing to show it. Sir Gauvin then went through the motions of making the expected greetings and shows of respect to the present lords and commanders. As soon as he was able to address the assembled noblemen he began, “We have achieved a great victory, through our combined efforts we have driven the Carmon curs out of Castle Malleyeth. But not all of us are so lucky as to be able to bask in this victory, my Squire, Seisyll was tragically slain just before our moment of triumph. For that reason, I have but two requests: That Sir Jared’s ransom be used to pay for Seisyll’s funeral, with the remainder sent to Seisyll’s family, and that I be given a place in the van in the upcoming battle so that I pay for my failure to save Seisyll with Carmon blood!”

Last edited:
A war council gathered in a tent as the Lords and prominent knights of the coalition discussed the current war efforts.

"Where in the bloody abyss is the Bloody Baron?"

"He and his army were supposed to serve as an advance vanguard and meet us here by now..."

"Did the rooster headed Baron really ride ahead to challenge his kin's abductors? All alone?"

"If that is the case, then we must march with all haste to support him and his men. He will be heavily out numbered if he gets embroiled in a sustained battle."

It was just then that a ragged Berngard man in arms quickly burst into the meeting and whispered into Robert's ear. Silence filled the meeting room as the man at arms whispered to Robert for several seconds. Robert's brow furrowed slightly as he listened. Several members of the council adjusted their seats in discomfort and gnawing anxiety as they awaited to hear what news had arrived.

The man at arms stepped back and left the pavilion. Robert took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Our mounted scouts have reported an army marching from the direction of Malleyeth. No doubt, these men are the besiegers of Malleyeth. Whether the castle has already fallen, or the army has lifted their siege to support the siege in Darrowfall, we do not know. However, we cannot allow these two armies to unite and allow ourselves to be heavily outnumbered. Lords and ladies, we must march to face this reinforcing army before they reach Darrowfall. We will be able to somewhat dictate the terms of the battle. Lord Shone, are you able to tell us of the terrain in the region and places where we should engage this approaching army?"

---

Later that evening, Robert was in his personal tent, drafting a short letter.

"I write to you to confirm receipt of your missive. As per your request, I will provide 500 crowns and a further 1,000 crowns once I hear word of your feud."

---

Early in the morning, as the camp was taken down and the army prepared to march to battle, Robert rode to the front of the army with his helmet off accompanied by the paladins from Trambley Abbey.

"Men! Hear me now! Today, we march. We march to fight. Not just on behalf of a distant King. No, today, we march to fight against those who have broken their oaths to their lords and fellow men. Today, we fight against agents of the Abyss who desecrate the homes of the Paragon. These are men of true evil who stormed into Trambley Abbey and slew monks of the Paragon and took the Abbot in chains in the midst of mass and worship. These rebels spit upon our faith and secretly worship their old false Gods." Robert then lifted a soiled robe. "Witness the blood of the martyrs who were slain. Our brother paladins brought these relics to us so that we may know that the Paragon is with us. May their sacrifice never be forgotten! Death to these blasphemers! Forward! Blessed be those who fight in the Paragon's name."

---

Summary:

1. The coalition army marches to confront the reinforcing army on the road before it is able to reach Darrowfall to unite with the besieging army there. The coalition relies on the friendly Fyrdian locals to help them decide the best place to intercept the army.

2. Sir John and the Coalition Fleet continue with their naval mission to destroy the bridges and raid rebel, lightly defended Fyrdian settlements along the High River on the way to the bridges by Godydd and Nelkirk to continue to disrupt Fyrdian logistics in the east. They are given funds to hire 3 vintenaries and 1 lance from Royton to assist in combat as needed and to protect the ships.

3. Sir Maynard continues to recruit further men for Berngard back at Ramscrest as acting steward.

4. Sir Darrian and Louis remain around the Delster region to continue rallying support and to keep a pulse on regional politics and opportunities. Perhaps, additional mercenaries could be hired or even ambitious men to fill the retinues of the coalition?

5. Robert sends a letter addressed to Mallick Cerham of Darndon. He asks Lord Shone to send one of his horsemen as a messenger and to pretend to be a horseman of Hretlsod if he is ever stopped on the way west to Cerham. If Lord Shone refuses, then Robert will use one of his own horsemen.

6. Preparations are to begin in Berngard to accommodate and potentially benefit from the evacuation from Gwyburgh. Many skilled workers are likely to leave the city. Berngard will offer subsidies to help these skilled workers to settle in Berngard and build new homes and lives in service to the de Cherbourg family.

Last edited:
Evander enjoys his stay with the Lord of Fishley. Upon receiving the missive from the boatwrights from Blackstone he sends a trade proposal to the Baron of Berngard to establish a trade agreement for lumber. He explains the need for the construction of 4 additional ships and asks for a cheaper but fair price for the lumber. When the fleet is organized, and the supplies have been loaded Evandor issues the command to set sail for the High River. While sailing through the Flamebay Evandor meets with Sir John, Sir Thorne, and Captain Gaines to go over the plan of attack. He outlines that they will be responsible for the disruption of enemy supplies and to cause unrest within their holdings. To achieve these objectives, he explains that the bridges at Godydd and Nelkirk are to be destroyed and any settlements that lay on the river will be pillaged.

Evander enjoys his stay in the gracious halls of the Lord of Fishley. Upon receiving the missive from the boatwrights from Blackstone. Drafting up a trade proposal, he dispatches it to the Baron of Berngard, seeking to establish a mutually beneficial trade agreement for lumber.

In the missive, Evander emphasizes the imperative of constructing four additional ships for the war effort. He requests a cheaper yet fair price for the required lumber. Aware that a well-negotiated trade agreement will fortify their naval strength, he anticipates the Baron's favorable response.

With the fleet organized and supplies loaded, Evandor issues the long-awaited command to set sail for the High River. Cruising through the waters of Flamebay, he convenes a strategic meeting with Sir John, Sir Thorne, and Captain Gaines. This conclave is dedicated to refining the plan of attack for the imminent northern expedition.

In the meeting, Evandor explains the fleet’s responsibilities. “We are tasked with disrupting enemy supplies and fomenting unrest within their territories. This involves the destruction of the Godydd and Nelkirk bridges. Additionally, settlements along the riverbanks are to be pillaged to further cripple the adversary.”

Summary

• Send a trade letter to Berngard for lumber asking for a cheaper rate that is still fair.
  • Sail into the High River to the bridge at Godydd.
  • Attempt to destroy the bridge by knocking out the keystones.
  • Raid any enemy village that sits on the river’s shores.
  • Burn the docks of any settlements that are too large to raid.

• Bᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ Dᴀʀʀᴏᴡғᴀʟʟ

The men of Flamebay spur their horses into action, falling in behind their baron as the cavalry forms up in a wedge, Lord Philippe in the lead. As the horsemen traverse the first embankment and begin their uphill charge, the points of their lances shimmer in the dusk's sun. The sky is turning red as the sun sets, and it seems that the field outside Darrowfall will develop a similar hue very soon. "For the King!" screams a knight, flipping down his visor as the troop of horse reaches a gallop in spite of the sloping terrain. The baron's men cry with a vehement bloodlust.

"GET IN LINE, LADS!" The Kragwyn camp is in disarray, but the scouts had reported back with news of the encroaching army before it was entirely too late. Men pull up their britches and run from the latrine pits to grab their spears, others pull their shirts of mail over their nightclothes. Camp followers and animals huddle in fear within huts and tents. Many Kragmen go barefoot as they grab their weapons and form a shield wall in front of the siege camp, spears and glaives protruding forth. Lord Tefion of Trambley screams at his recently-arrived band of levies to join the MacEanruig ranks, and takes the Clan Bowglam riders to the side of Sir Robert.

1706414353642.png

Further up the hill, Sir Robert's knights watch as armoured horses and men slam into the Kragwyn lines. Spears splinter, shields are split, and men are slain by the score. Lord Philippe's well-sharpened lance skewers a Kragman through his hauberk, destrier knocking aside the spearmen on either side of him, and trampling to death the man behind. Philippe's lance arm sags with the weight of the embedded foeman, and he must leave the splintered thing behind. His horse carries forward, breaking out through the other side of the Kragwyn line, along with several other knights that were at the tip of the wedge. Sir Lorran cuts his way through several sergeants before reining in his horse next to his liege. He opens his mouth to say something, but then suddenly has his war horse's front leg smashed in with an axe, causing the beast to rear and throw him into midst of the enemy ranks, where he is quickly killed. Some horses are now riderless, or are mounted by corpses - but most of the bodies strewn across the ground are those of Kragmen.

The riders of Kragwyn hastily mount up, rallying behind Sir Robert. Servants hastily finish saddling the horses and pass up lances to their masters, while other men draw axes, hammers and swords. One of Sir Avand's squires assumes command of the archers, who begin to loose at will towards the advancing Flamebay foot. Sir Allister blocks a returning crossbow quarrel with his shield, and gives a cry as he tilts his lance. "Go in with Robert! For Kragwyn!" The MacEanruigs' cavalry charge downhill, riding hard to fill the gap in the spear wall. A renewed clamour of screaming horses and rending iron pierces the air as the cavalry clash, further jumbling the battle lines as the Flamebay's foot soldiers slog ever closer.

1706414990433.png

The thunder of hooves reverberates the air, and Fyrdian cavalry smashes into the throng. Sir Robert's lance breaks against the shield of the Bloody Baron, sending him tumbling from his horse. "My liege!" yells Sir Issan of Marth, who charges the scarred twin, only to be cut down by a MacEanruig hearth knight. Philippe's household captain, Sir Arithor Beldrake, covers the baron as he reorients himself, and with a swing of his flanged mace, avenges Sir Issan by breaking the neck of the knight that struck him down.

Banners fluttering, spears tilting, the foot soldiers of Flamebay run to contact with the ranks of the Kragmen. Thousands of warriors frantically engage in a hacking, slashing, shoving match between the formations of shields and spears. Some Kragmen attempt to gain the higher ground by standing on the bodies of slain horses and men, jabbing down at the Flamebayans as the hill of Darrowfall quickly becomes slippery with blood. A sickly chorus of human screams, equine squeals, and ravening weapons permeates the air.

Limbs are lopped off, skulls are smashed, and hearts are pierced as the battle lines slowly break apart into a bloody melee, the Flamebay infantry continuing to surge forward in an attempt to break the MacEanruigs, becoming mixed in with the clash of heavy horse. Horsemen on both sides begin to be fetched down by hooked bills and glaives, though many foot soldiers die in the attempt, or suffered a marred countenance from the strokes of the knights' swords.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back