• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Examination On The Boundaries of Desire, as Written By Na Slegna Rotsopmi

gotta
go
with
D

I just noticed all the tags for the first time, by the way. Once our boy Hal is all done this is going to be a hell of a ride.

My apologies everyone for the delay! I feel a bit sick as of late, and I'm still recovering, so it was a bit hard to produce this. Still, here is the next entry and hopefully I'll be able to roll out the ones to come a bit faster.

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://pre00.deviantart.net/3e1d/th/pre/f/2013/083/0/9/silver_texture_by_paulinemoss-d5z2qev.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(http://cdn.designbeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9.gold-textures.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
*Chosen Option: D "Hal takes a detour and secretly goes to warn Zerra. He doesn't want the grown-ups to find out, but Kero is being a meanie and he doesn't want Zerra crying again." Traits Acquired: +Pressure Handler: The character displays more resilience against social pressure -Flirty: The character shows a tendency to make romantically charged (but often not romantically intended) remarks and gestures -Loner: The character has difficulty establishing new solid social connections and naturally retreats or ends up isolation from any given community Cost: 15 points Current Total: 75 points
[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 5/8

The Big Days Off

Hal really had nothing but care for Kero, but as the boy suggested the pranking, a memory of Zerra's crying face flashed before his eyes. It hadn´t been so big a prank, but the girl looked so broken. Hal had seen himself how Kero and Zerra were always teasing each other, but they seemed to get along well-enough when it was just minor, harmless stuff, yet what Hal was seeing in Kero's eyes, that wasn't harmless fun, it was malice and jealousy, like he truly intended to do something awful to his sister. Hal agreed to follow him, but with each step they got closer to her room, his guilt just grew more and more. As Kero placed his hand on the door knob, Hal couldn't even care less about what his friends would think of him. Kero was being a meanie, and Hal knew something had to be done about it!

"I need to use the bathroom." Hal stated. Kero turned, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah, sure, it's right over th-" but before Kero could even finish the sentence, Hal had already taken off to the bathroom downstairs, passing by Léon on the way, who signaled to Hal to make less noise with a finger over his lips. Kero simply shrugged at the sudden behavior, since that was the only bathroom Hal knew about, and proceeded with his plan without suspecting a thing.

Hal awaited in that bathroom for some time, before tiptoeing out while checking all sides for any sight of Léon or Kero. He could hear the faint sound of Léon going through the box in which their games had been put, and the sound of dice rolling from where Zerra was. Gulping at what he was about to do, but finding courage in reminding himself of Zerra's words back when he first met her, that one "thank you" that made his heart skip a beat just then, he approached the door to the living room and knocked lightly. The sound of dice stopped, and that of footsteps began. Zerra opened the door and gave Hal a confused look, naturally wondering why he wasn't in bed, asleep, just happily resting with his two friends. Once again, Hal gulped, as the big moment had arrived.

"Zerra, please don't get mad. We were a little upset, and, and K-kero, he, he´s in your room! You were the only one that got to stay up playing games, so he wanted to prank you, and, and..."

"What?! In my room?! Kero, you little poopturd, but, why are you telling me this Hal? If Kero wanted to prank me, wouldn't he do it himself? And if he had told you, he wouldn't have just let you come and tell me. Wait, are you two in this together? Are you both trying to prank me? ARE YOU?" Zerra's shcoked voice had turned into a tone of disgust and anger, a tone that frightened Hal as he mentally apologized to everyone and tears began forming in his eyes.

"No, no, I swear! Please Zerra, I am not trying to do anything! I'm only telling you because...because..." Tears already floating down his eyes, Hal couldn't help but gaze down while Zerra (startled) bent slightly and grabbed his shoulders gently, realizing Hal had only come with good intentions "I only told you because I don't want to see you...see you crying again! "

"I see. Well, then, I better go and stop Kero before he does anything stupid. Well, MORE stupid, that poopturd." Sternly with each step, Zerra marched towards the the stairs, but before she started climbing them, she came to a sudden halt. She turned to Hal, just looking at the shorter kid still cleaning up the tears from his eyes, and then gave him one short peck on the cheek. Then a smile. Then a wave as she resumed her march towards the room Kero was raiding. As he simply looked at her climb, the words she said before the peck echoed in Hal's head: "Thank you Hal."

After that, Zerra caught Kero trying to mess with her ballet clothes, having already scribbled other objects in her room with a marker and stolen some coins from a drawer. Zerra called their parents, and stopped Kero from leaving her room. On top of everything, Zerra got marker paint all over her face while Kero struggled to try to escape, so it the evidence was all there. Because of the commotion, Léon was also caught, however. Before they went back to bed, this time under strict vigilance from Kero's father, Zerra invited Hal to go wash each other's faces off the marker, revealing at that time that Hal himself had a tiny p*n*s drawn on his forehead as well.

Things were awkward after that between the trio of friends, but they would come to become far worse for Hal. Léon was grounded from games for the incident, and with his already deep reclusiveness he was unable to really return to being the kind of friends he once was with someone hel felt had betrayed him. It simply did not become past waters quickly enough, though Léon did come to forgive Hal. On the other hand, Kero was outraged at being outted by his friend and used his popularity and place in the sports team to start spreading bad rumors about Hal, resulting in the latter becoming a victim of bullying. Even after the innitial tension had passed, and Kero was able to forgive hal and realize the error of his own ways, he was unable to bring himself to face up to the peer pressure he had created.

However, despite it all, Hal did have ONE ally. Zerra stood by his side, even being bullied herself for trying to stand up the one's going after Hal. he, however, didn't want her getting hurt anymore for his sake. He talked to her, asking to stop trying to protect him, promising he'd be fine. Even with Zerra still refusing, hal would often come to ignore her when she came to his aid, shotting angry glares, he attempted to become a real loner. Soon enough, he had a much harder time talking to guys, and even girls he had little more experience but one who was familiar with teasing, so his communication with girls as well would sometimes boil down to short flirty words.

A few years later, Hal and Zerra were both among the top ten in a particular inter-school quizz competition sponsored by TEICO. For his participation, he was given three days off classes, so what to do during that time was the question. After a congratulatory party, Hal's parents and his visiting grandparents ended up discussing the issue with him at the table. Each wanted Hal to go to a different place. His father, King, thought it was about time Hal learned a thing or two from him, so he wanted Hal to come and train in a certain facility with him. Hal's mother was proud of her little boy, and wanted Hal to show his example to the kids she took care of, accompanying her in a field trip to the woods with her students. Hal's grandparents in turn barely got to see him nowadays and wanted him to go and spend his time touring with them and playing in their mansion. While they were discussing all of this, Hal's phone rang with a call from Zerra, who wanted to ask Hal to come spend the free days at her place. Hal inquired about Kero, who Zerra explained would not be there during that time, as he was away with their mother.

[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost: 10 points

Traits
+Driven: The character shows great commitment towards achieveing their goals, being able to focus at times that they may loose sense of the surrounding circumstances.
+Fighting Style- Unarmed Combat: The character primary way of fighting and proficiency lies with combat that does not use weaponry
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost: 15 points

Traits
*Honest The character shows an iclination towards telling the truth
*Religious The character takes their religion in high regard and vehemently follows it's pratices (this will be a made religion for the world the character inhabits)
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost: 25 points

Traits
+Good with children: The character shows a certain enjoyment in being around children and some talent in dealing with them
+Adventurous: The character displays a certain thirst for adventure and an appreciation for that sense in of itself
+Fighting Style-Traps: The character primary way of fighting and proficiency lies not with direct combat, but with the setting of traps in which to catch opponents
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
+Assertive: The character is clear-headed about their intentions and makes sure to impose their will
+Fighting Style-Blade Armed Combat The character primary way of fighting and proficiency lies with using melee weaponry of the sword (real or otherwise) and bladed kind
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A
Hal decides to go to Zerra's place. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B
Hal decides to go visit his grandparents. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C
Hal decides to go to the field trip with his mother [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D
Hal decides to go train with his father [/div][/div]

Character Creation 5/8

The Big Days Off

Hal really had nothing but care for Kero, but as the boy suggested the pranking, a memory of Zerra's crying face flashed before his eyes. It hadn´t been so big a prank, but the girl looked so broken. Hal had seen himself how Kero and Zerra were always teasing each other, but they seemed to get along well-enough when it was just minor, harmless stuff, yet what Hal was seeing in Kero's eyes, that wasn't harmless fun, it was malice and jealousy, like he truly intended to do something awful to his sister. Hal agreed to follow him, but with each step they got closer to her room, his guilt just grew more and more. As Kero placed his hand on the door knob, Hal couldn't even care less about what his friends would think of him. Kero was being a meanie, and Hal knew something had to be done about it!

"I need to use the bathroom." Hal stated. Kero turned, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah, sure, it's right over th-" but before Kero could even finish the sentence, Hal had already taken off to the bathroom downstairs, passing by Léon on the way, who signaled to Hal to make less noise with a finger over his lips. Kero simply shrugged at the sudden behavior, since that was the only bathroom Hal knew about, and proceeded with his plan without suspecting a thing.

Hal awaited in that bathroom for some time, before tiptoeing out while checking all sides for any sight of Léon or Kero. He could hear the faint sound of Léon going through the box in which their games had been put, and the sound of dice rolling from where Zerra was. Gulping at what he was about to do, but finding courage in reminding himself of Zerra's words back when he first met her, that one "thank you" that made his heart skip a beat just then, he approached the door to the living room and knocked lightly. The sound of dice stopped, and that of footsteps began. Zerra opened the door and gave Hal a confused look, naturally wondering why he wasn't in bed, asleep, just happily resting with his two friends. Once again, Hal gulped, as the big moment had arrived.

"Zerra, please don't get mad. We were a little upset, and, and K-kero, he, he´s in your room! You were the only one that got to stay up playing games, so he wanted to prank you, and, and..."

"What?! In my room?! Kero, you little poopturd, but, why are you telling me this Hal? If Kero wanted to prank me, wouldn't he do it himself? And if he had told you, he wouldn't have just let you come and tell me. Wait, are you two in this together? Are you both trying to prank me? ARE YOU?" Zerra's shcoked voice had turned into a tone of disgust and anger, a tone that frightened Hal as he mentally apologized to everyone and tears began forming in his eyes.

"No, no, I swear! Please Zerra, I am not trying to do anything! I'm only telling you because...because..." Tears already floating down his eyes, Hal couldn't help but gaze down while Zerra (startled) bent slightly and grabbed his shoulders gently, realizing Hal had only come with good intentions "I only told you because I don't want to see you...see you crying again! "

"I see. Well, then, I better go and stop Kero before he does anything stupid. Well, MORE stupid, that poopturd." Sternly with each step, Zerra marched towards the the stairs, but before she started climbing them, she came to a sudden halt. She turned to Hal, just looking at the shorter kid still cleaning up the tears from his eyes, and then gave him one short peck on the cheek. Then a smile. Then a wave as she resumed her march towards the room Kero was raiding. As he simply looked at her climb, the words she said before the peck echoed in Hal's head: "Thank you Hal."

After that, Zerra caught Kero trying to mess with her ballet clothes, having already scribbled other objects in her room with a marker and stolen some coins from a drawer. Zerra called their parents, and stopped Kero from leaving her room. On top of everything, Zerra got marker paint all over her face while Kero struggled to try to escape, so it the evidence was all there. Because of the commotion, Léon was also caught, however. Before they went back to bed, this time under strict vigilance from Kero's father, Zerra invited Hal to go wash each other's faces off the marker, revealing at that time that Hal himself had a tiny p*n*s drawn on his forehead as well.

Things were awkward after that between the trio of friends, but they would come to become far worse for Hal. Léon was grounded from games for the incident, and with his already deep reclusiveness he was unable to really return to being the kind of friends he once was with someone hel felt had betrayed him. It simply did not become past waters quickly enough, though Léon did come to forgive Hal. On the other hand, Kero was outraged at being outted by his friend and used his popularity and place in the sports team to start spreading bad rumors about Hal, resulting in the latter becoming a victim of bullying. Even after the innitial tension had passed, and Kero was able to forgive hal and realize the error of his own ways, he was unable to bring himself to face up to the peer pressure he had created.

However, despite it all, Hal did have ONE ally. Zerra stood by his side, even being bullied herself for trying to stand up the one's going after Hal. he, however, didn't want her getting hurt anymore for his sake. He talked to her, asking to stop trying to protect him, promising he'd be fine. Even with Zerra still refusing, hal would often come to ignore her when she came to his aid, shotting angry glares, he attempted to become a real loner. Soon enough, he had a much harder time talking to guys, and even girls he had little more experience but one who was familiar with teasing, so his communication with girls as well would sometimes boil down to short flirty words.

A few years later, Hal and Zerra were both among the top ten in a particular inter-school quizz competition sponsored by TEICO. For his participation, he was given three days off classes, so what to do during that time was the question. After a congratulatory party, Hal's parents and his visiting grandparents ended up discussing the issue with him at the table. Each wanted Hal to go to a different place. His father, King, thought it was about time Hal learned a thing or two from him, so he wanted Hal to come and train in a certain facility with him. Hal's mother was proud of her little boy, and wanted Hal to show his example to the kids she took care of, accompanying her in a field trip to the woods with her students. Hal's grandparents in turn barely got to see him nowadays and wanted him to go and spend his time touring with them and playing in their mansion. While they were discussing all of this, Hal's phone rang with a call from Zerra, who wanted to ask Hal to come spend the free days at her place. Hal inquired about Kero, who Zerra explained would not be there during that time, as he was away with their mother.

• Cost:10 points

Traits
    +Driven: The character shows great commitment towards achieveing their goals, being able to focus at times that they may loose sense of the surrounding circumstances.
    +Fighting Style- Unarmed Combat: The character primary way of fighting and proficiency lies with combat that does not use weaponry
    +Secret Trait-
    +Secret Trait-

[script class=Option1 on=click]
hide Result
show Result2
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Option2 on=click]
hide Result
show Result3
set X 2
[/script]
[script class=Option3 on=click]
hide Result
show Result4
set X 3
[/script]
[script class=Option4 on=click]
hide Result
show Result5
set X 4
[/script]
[script class=Result on=dblclick]
hide Result
show Result1
set X 0
[/script]
[script class=SheetS on=dblclick]
hide SheetS
[/script]

Damafaud Damafaud D duegxybus BearBearBear BearBearBear Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Voltsung Voltsung The Omen of Death The Omen of Death The Mechanist The Mechanist The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit BackSet BackSet official clown business official clown business SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

I'm gonna go with, I'm gonna go with C.

It pays to be good with kids, and you better believe it pays to share their spirit of adventure. Whatever the other traits may be, I expect them to be quite interesting.

Phew, this was a hard one. It's gettng super hard to come up with these traits now... Well, just two more to go and one of them is ya're power so...

Anyway, a warning for the paying attention, you may wanna save in points for the final one. We're already at half, after all XD

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(http://cdn.designbeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9.gold-textures.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
Chosen Option: C "Hal decides to go to the field trip with his mother" Aquired Traits +Good with children: The character shows a certain enjoyment in being around children and some talent in dealing with them +Adventurous: The character displays a certain thirst for adventure and an appreciation for that sense in of itself +Fighting Style-Traps: The character primary way of fighting and proficiency lies not with direct combat, but with the setting of traps in which to catch opponents -Gluttonous: The character displays difficulty displaying the urge to eat or -Fear-Lightning: The character is absolutely terrified of lightning and may shut down at a moment's notice at even the idea of it's arrival.
[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 6/8

The World Fades to Black

Hal ended up pondering what he should do. He really felt like simply going to spend time with his friend, or with dad since he was never home. But what would he be doing if he went to those? Dad's training sounded harsh from the way he talked, and Zerra's home was also Kero's home, so he wasn't sure he was welcome there. The only place Hal knew for sure he didn't want to go though was his grandparent's home. Hal wasn't sure what those two elders had in mind for the week, but he doubted they would actually have anything fun in the schedule. So, in the end of the day, Hal thoughts led only to one choice: Going with mom. He wasn't sure he would like to be taking care of little kids, and the field trip might not let him play a lot of his videogames, but mom was asking for help, how could he refuse?

"I'm sorry Zerra, I already have plans. Let's arrange things another time, ok?"

"Yeah....sure....Talk to you later then, bye." there was a moment of regret in his decision, but Hal was able to shake it off. He was really proud that mom had asked him for help, to be given this responsability. Well, trips were fun now and then, so maybe he would actually enjoy it! He pocketed his phone, and walked up to the table the grown-ups were eating at, who stopped their conversation at his approach.

"So, have a decision yet little man?" His father teased. Hal swallowed, then nodded.

Hal found himself next to lead hunter, with a small green scarf around his neck and an equally green badge pinned to his shirt, as the man told the small children about staying with the group, doing as they were told, what to do if an animal popped up or a fire. He told them how they should never start a fire in the woods and should avoid touching anything other than what they were told they could, but ESPECIALLY not eat anything they weren't told they could. He told them it was ok to shout if they got lost, and to stay wherever they were when they realized they got lost and Hal yawned. To Hal, dealing with this man's speech could hardly be a bigger let down after the hilariously bad singing of the children on the bus trip of the new games he had been playing.

Fortunately for him and the children, it didn't take too long for him to be finished. The hunter team began guiding them into and through the forest, occasionally sharing stories of their past hunting in here, how just a few century's ago this entire area had been the centre of a large werewolf pack's territory and tales of other groups that had hired them to help them camp in the forest. Yet again, the children were less interested in what the adults had to tell, and more in what they had to show. They were mesmerized by the nearly-transparent butterflies, they tried climbing the larger trees (immediately sliding down the tree trunk), they got dirty and covered in leaves, and wet when they attempted to help catch fish for that day's dinner. They were all really excited about showing off, sharing and trading around what they brought as a picnic when lunch came around, and Hal himself got offered more chips than he even ate when he binged a game. One of the hunters suggested trading some of his food for a bit of salad, a mistake that cost him having several box's worth of salads, veggies and even fruit piled in front of him, as children lined up for bits of his sandwhiches.Throughout the whole day, Hal's mother played instructional games with the children, quizzing them about the animals and plants, making them describe the view, counting stuff and then having to do math problems with those. Not wanting to be the failsafe plan when one of the kids got it wrong (since he might get it wrong too), Hal volunteered to help watch the rear alongisde the tallest of the hunters, and keep in check that no one was getting off-track or getting distracted and lost, though later he was asked to help a certain boy whose knee got injured after failing to climb a tree. It was nothing too serious, but he didn't seem ready to walk until the shock from the fall wore off. With such a full day as this, no wonder all the children and Hal too barely had energy for dinner. One of the hunters carefully laid out a campfire, and warned everyone not to get too close. A warning from Hal's mother followed, telling everyone to keep their umbrella's near since it might start raining soon. The boy's friends ended up inviting Hal to have dinner with them, which he relunctantly agreed to. The group seemed extremely care-free, and they had a barrage of questions Hal most definitely did not want to answer. So, as if the universe saying "oh is that so?", thunder stroke in the horizon. Plenty of children seemed rather frighted, but Hal simply slurped some cold spagheti. A few drops of water began falling. Thunder was the least of his worries, at least in Hal's mind, up until there was a bliding flash of light, and splinters of burning wood flew in all directions. As the broken tree tumbled, it shook down a couple of the smaller ones, whose leaves quickly caught fire as well. Hal only had time to get the group of children he was dining with out of the way before that large branch his the back of his head and the world faded to black, panicked screams surrouding Hal but growing fainter by the moment.

When Hal woke up, he realized he was surrounded by small children. It was like before, but nobody was on the ground, screaming or panicking. Instead he was laying in a strangely comfortable bed, but it really bothered him to move. He still felt sleepy too... Where was he? He looked around for his mother, and saw not only her her but dad as well, both looking down to him with tears in their eyes.

"Hal!" She called out in a tone Hal couldn't really comprehend right now. She seemed to want to get closer, but a man in white robes stopped her.

"Miss I'm afraid at the moment the anesthetics are still being administrated. Rough movements could accidentally remove the tubes. We'll reduce the dose so he's a bit more awake after lunch."

Hal heard the echoes of a nurse's voice and that doctor's as well asking him several questions about how he felt and if anything hurt for a while. At first it was hard to think at all, but as time went on, it seemed like his mind was ever-so slightly clearing.

"You'll likely still feel a bit sluggish for the rest of the day as we can't eliminate the painkillers yet. You had some bad burns and several broken bones. It may leave a few scars, but it was a mircale you made it out unconscious without any disabling injuries or anything you can't cover up with some ease. Now, then, I'll send them in. I'm sure you want to talk to them more than you do with me."

As he promised, the doctor let Hal talk to the children as he left. Particularly noteworthy was the group of students Hal had saved, who had brought him gifts and a deep thank you. Together with the other children, they begged Hal to come next time as well, and to visit them sometimes. Hal had no plans to make such outtings a common occurrence, but when they looked at him like they were looking, it was so very hard to say no. So Hal ended up agreeing to it.

"Hal, is that you?" A distantly familiar voice called. Opening the room's door was Zerra's father. "You're here too? What a wave of misfortune."

"...What do you mean I'm here "too"? Is Zerra-" Hal inquired with worry his parents flinched.

"She's here too, yes, in the hospital. She got a little hurt when she was coming from the movies. Don't worry, though, she'll be fine very soon. How about you Hal? What happened?"

In time, Hal would come to learn Zerra had been attacked by a robber who had tried to escape after being spotted by a policeman, but not without ending up injuring Zerra since the girl had resisted him and tried to fight back. In the end, the thief was caught, but Zerra still needed some medical assistance because of the stab wound. Yet those weren't the worst news that day even. He learned that there was an explosion in a certain church his grandparents went to...and they died crushed under the rubble.

It honestly wasn't somethign anyone could take lightly to. Some of Hal's favorite video games had been pretty violent until that point, but after this he couldn't bring himself to even play them for a while. He managed to find some comfort in the occasional visist and trips he had with the children his mother was in charge of, who welcomed him with open arms. Coming to all these parties with very little entertainment, Hal would often sneak to wherever the food was and just entertain himself by palate. This came to grow into a bad habit. It didn't help his spirits though that suddenly there were being fights and shouting matches at home, nor that one day, Hal had to move away with his mother to his grandparent's (former) home. Eventually his parents realized it wasn't realistic for him to continue going to school given the distance from the house, so they decided that when the school year came around, Hal would start being homeschooled instead.

And so the day came in which Hal's tutor arrived. He spent a good day just asking questions, though Hal didn't want to answer most of them. Hal's mother was becoming irritated with the tutor's intrusion of their privacy as well, and asked him to leave for the day. The man chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I believe I'll be staying for the night." He said. He snapped his fingers, and Hal was immediately propelled backwards by the force. It was hard, near-impossible to see anything ahead as dynamic darkness like hurricane with a wind that was black by itself was spinning from within their home. The floor and walls felt like they were growing, sliding, opening, morphing, and by the time they "wind left", Hal was laying down on a dusty pile of rubble that reassembled the chair and tables he was sitting in before, but covered in spider webs and half-turned to ash. The room around him had turned at least 10 times bigger than before. Next to Hal's tutor, his mother was now unconscious with a large (and by large it would mean over thrice Hal's size) spider over her body, with little bits of something that looked like drool dripping from the mandibules.

"...from tei- Oh, Hal, I see you've arrived! Well, then, it's time to get moving. The final boss can't be left in a simple mob room after all." The man whistled contently while Hal simply watched, but he knew he needed to act, and to act fast.

[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost: 20 Points

Traits
+Improviser:The character is prone to improvising instead of laying out a plan to follow and has grown a certain quick wit around that.
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
+Patient:The character has an easier time holding back doing an action provided they understand it's better to avoid acting for their overall goal
-Cowardly:When confronted with awkward or frightening situations, the character display an extreme urge to flee or avoid it.
-Fear-Monsters:The character is absolutely terrified of any monstrous creatures of the monsters of old.
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost: 10 Points

Traits
+Diplomatic:The character displays a mentality that tends to come up with peaceful resolutions and is geared towards negotiation
-Pacifist:The character displays an extreme aversion to any sort of violence
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
+Energetic:The character has a generally more active disposition towards things, and displays difficulty in staying still.
-Reckless:The character shows a tendency to charge into thinks without considering the consequences properly.
+Secret Trait-
[/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A

Hal can't leave mom alone, but he can't face the monster as he is. He decides to try to sneak to another room to check for any weapons. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B

On second thought, there is no way Hal can actually win against a giant monster. He needs to hide for now. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C

Hal tries to beg or negotitate, maybe he can talk it out with the tutor. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D

No time for planning, mom is in danger! Leeeroy Jeeeeenkins! [/div][/div]

Character Creation 6/8

The World Fades to Black

Hal ended up pondering what he should do. He really felt like simply going to spend time with his friend, or with dad since he was never home. But what would he be doing if he went to those? Dad's training sounded harsh from the way he talked, and Zerra's home was also Kero's home, so he wasn't sure he was welcome there. The only place Hal knew for sure he didn't want to go though was his grandparent's home. Hal wasn't sure what those two elders had in mind for the week, but he doubted they would actually have anything fun in the schedule. So, in the end of the day, Hal thoughts led only to one choice: Going with mom. He wasn't sure he would like to be taking care of little kids, and the field trip might not let him play a lot of his videogames, but mom was asking for help, how could he refuse?

"I'm sorry Zerra, I already have plans. Let's arrange things another time, ok?"

"Yeah....sure....Talk to you later then, bye." there was a moment of regret in his decision, but Hal was able to shake it off. He was really proud that mom had asked him for help, to be given this responsability. Well, trips were fun now and then, so maybe he would actually enjoy it! He pocketed his phone, and walked up to the table the grown-ups were eating at, who stopped their conversation at his approach.

"So, have a decision yet little man?" His father teased. Hal swallowed, then nodded.

Hal found himself next to lead hunter, with a small green scarf around his neck and an equally green badge pinned to his shirt, as the man told the small children about staying with the group, doing as they were told, what to do if an animal popped up or a fire. He told them how they should never start a fire in the woods and should avoid touching anything other than what they were told they could, but ESPECIALLY not eat anything they weren't told they could. He told them it was ok to shout if they got lost, and to stay wherever they were when they realized they got lost and Hal yawned. To Hal, dealing with this man's speech could hardly be a bigger let down after the hilariously bad singing of the children on the bus trip of the new games he had been playing.

Fortunately for him and the children, it didn't take too long for him to be finished. The hunter team began guiding them into and through the forest, occasionally sharing stories of their past hunting in here, how just a few century's ago this entire area had been the centre of a large werewolf pack's territory and tales of other groups that had hired them to help them camp in the forest. Yet again, the children were less interested in what the adults had to tell, and more in what they had to show. They were mesmerized by the nearly-transparent butterflies, they tried climbing the larger trees (immediately sliding down the tree trunk), they got dirty and covered in leaves, and wet when they attempted to help catch fish for that day's dinner. They were all really excited about showing off, sharing and trading around what they brought as a picnic when lunch came around, and Hal himself got offered more chips than he even ate when he binged a game. One of the hunters suggested trading some of his food for a bit of salad, a mistake that cost him having several box's worth of salads, veggies and even fruit piled in front of him, as children lined up for bits of his sandwhiches.Throughout the whole day, Hal's mother played instructional games with the children, quizzing them about the animals and plants, making them describe the view, counting stuff and then having to do math problems with those. Not wanting to be the failsafe plan when one of the kids got it wrong (since he might get it wrong too), Hal volunteered to help watch the rear alongisde the tallest of the hunters, and keep in check that no one was getting off-track or getting distracted and lost, though later he was asked to help a certain boy whose knee got injured after failing to climb a tree. It was nothing too serious, but he didn't seem ready to walk until the shock from the fall wore off. With such a full day as this, no wonder all the children and Hal too barely had energy for dinner. One of the hunters carefully laid out a campfire, and warned everyone not to get too close. A warning from Hal's mother followed, telling everyone to keep their umbrella's near since it might start raining soon. The boy's friends ended up inviting Hal to have dinner with them, which he relunctantly agreed to. The group seemed extremely care-free, and they had a barrage of questions Hal most definitely did not want to answer. So, as if the universe saying "oh is that so?", thunder stroke in the horizon. Plenty of children seemed rather frighted, but Hal simply slurped some cold spagheti. A few drops of water began falling. Thunder was the least of his worries, at least in Hal's mind, up until there was a bliding flash of light, and splinters of burning wood flew in all directions. As the broken tree tumbled, it shook down a couple of the smaller ones, whose leaves quickly caught fire as well. Hal only had time to get the group of children he was dining with out of the way before that large branch his the back of his head and the world faded to black, panicked screams surrouding Hal but growing fainter by the moment.

When Hal woke up, he realized he was surrounded by small children. It was like before, but nobody was on the ground, screaming or panicking. Instead he was laying in a strangely comfortable bed, but it really bothered him to move. He still felt sleepy too... Where was he? He looked around for his mother, and saw not only her her but dad as well, both looking down to him with tears in their eyes.

"Hal!" She called out in a tone Hal couldn't really comprehend right now. She seemed to want to get closer, but a man in white robes stopped her.

"Miss I'm afraid at the moment the anesthetics are still being administrated. Rough movements could accidentally remove the tubes. We'll reduce the dose so he's a bit more awake after lunch."

Hal heard the echoes of a nurse's voice and that doctor's as well asking him several questions about how he felt and if anything hurt for a while. At first it was hard to think at all, but as time went on, it seemed like his mind was ever-so slightly clearing.

"You'll likely still feel a bit sluggish for the rest of the day as we can't eliminate the painkillers yet. You had some bad burns and several broken bones. It may leave a few scars, but it was a mircale you made it out unconscious without any disabling injuries or anything you can't cover up with some ease. Now, then, I'll send them in. I'm sure you want to talk to them more than you do with me."

As he promised, the doctor let Hal talk to the children as he left. Particularly noteworthy was the group of students Hal had saved, who had brought him gifts and a deep thank you. Together with the other children, they begged Hal to come next time as well, and to visit them sometimes. Hal had no plans to make such outtings a common occurrence, but when they looked at him like they were looking, it was so very hard to say no. So Hal ended up agreeing to it.

"Hal, is that you?" A distantly familiar voice called. Opening the room's door was Zerra's father. "You're here too? What a wave of misfortune."

"...What do you mean I'm here "too"? Is Zerra-" Hal inquired with worry his parents flinched.

"She's here too, yes, in the hospital. She got a little hurt when she was coming from the movies. Don't worry, though, she'll be fine very soon. How about you Hal? What happened?"

In time, Hal would come to learn Zerra had been attacked by a robber who had tried to escape after being spotted by a policeman, but not without ending up injuring Zerra since the girl had resisted him and tried to fight back. In the end, the thief was caught, but Zerra still needed some medical assistance because of the stab wound. Yet those weren't the worst news that day even. He learned that there was an explosion in a certain church his grandparents went to...and they died crushed under the rubble.

It honestly wasn't somethign anyone could take lightly to. Some of Hal's favorite video games had been pretty violent until that point, but after this he couldn't bring himself to even play them for a while. He managed to find some comfort in the occasional visist and trips he had with the children his mother was in charge of, who welcomed him with open arms. Coming to all these parties with very little entertainment, Hal would often sneak to wherever the food was and just entertain himself by palate. This came to grow into a bad habit. It didn't help his spirits though that suddenly there were being fights and shouting matches at home, nor that one day, Hal had to move away with his mother to his grandparent's (former) home. Eventually his parents realized it wasn't realistic for him to continue going to school given the distance from the house, so they decided that when the school year came around, Hal would start being homeschooled instead.

And so the day came in which Hal's tutor arrived. He spent a good day just asking questions, though Hal didn't want to answer most of them. Hal's mother was becoming irritated with the tutor's intrusion of their privacy as well, and asked him to leave for the day. The man chuckled.

"I'm sorry, but I believe I'll be staying for the night." He said. He snapped his fingers, and Hal was immediately propelled backwards by the force. It was hard, near-impossible to see anything ahead as dynamic darkness like hurricane with a wind that was black by itself was spinning from within their home. The floor and walls felt like they were growing, sliding, opening, morphing, and by the time they "wind left", Hal was laying down on a dusty pile of rubble that reassembled the chair and tables he was sitting in before, but covered in spider webs and half-turned to ash. The room around him had turned at least 10 times bigger than before. Next to Hal's tutor, his mother was now unconscious with a large (and by large it would mean over thrice Hal's size) spider over her body, with little bits of something that looked like drool dripping from the mandibules.

"...from tei- Oh, Hal, I see you've arrived! Well, then, it's time to get moving. The final boss can't be left in a simple mob room after all." The man whistled contently while Hal simply watched, but he knew he needed to act, and to act fast.

• Cost:20 Points

Traits
    +Improviser:The character is prone to improvising instead of laying out a plan to follow and has grown a certain quick wit around that.
    +Secret Trait-
    +Secret Trait-
    +Secret Trait-

[script class=Option1 on=click]
hide Result
show Result2
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Option2 on=click]
hide Result
show Result3
set X 2
[/script]
[script class=Option3 on=click]
hide Result
show Result4
set X 3
[/script]
[script class=Option4 on=click]
hide Result
show Result5
set X 4
[/script]
[script class=Result on=dblclick]
hide Result
show Result1
set X 0
[/script]
[script class=SheetS on=dblclick]
hide SheetS
[/script]

D duegxybus official clown business official clown business Damafaud Damafaud The Mechanist The Mechanist Voltsung Voltsung acsgon acsgon The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit SerenityAngel SerenityAngel BearBearBear BearBearBear BackSet BackSet Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Look man I'm gonna have to drop, I stopped participating a while ago, the last time I posted I didn't even read the thing, I just threw an answer out there, I'm not really enjoying this at all like I thought I would, I'm sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back