• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Examination On The Boundaries of Desire, as Written By Na Slegna Rotsopmi

Crap, I did it again. I'm so sorry! I've learned my lesson though, and now I already have the next entry partially written, though naturally I can't have it all written because ya still have to make your choice for this, if you're still in.

On that note, we're almost in the end of character creation! Next time, we're gonna have one last, but nonetheless special choice, and then we'll get to the actual story! I hope that, other than the large intermissions, this part has been entertaining to at least the majority of you, and that I continue (or actually get to) be able to provide a fun experience for you all!

Once again, I remind you to think carefully about your choices and what they might cost. You never know what you might miss out on by spending your resources prematurely. ;)

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://st.depositphotos.com/1002395/1664/i/950/depositphotos_16647891-stock-photo-diamond-geometric-pattern-of-colored.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(http://cdn.designbeep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/9.gold-textures.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
*Chosen Option: B "On second thought, there is no way Hal can actually win against a giant monster. He needs to hide for now."

Traits Acquired:
+Patient: The character has an easier time holding back doing an action provided they understand it's better to avoid acting for their overall goal
-Cowardly: When confronted with awkward or frightening situations, the character display an extreme urge to flee or avoid it.
-Fear-Monsters: The character is absolutely terrified of any monstrous creatures of the monsters of old.

Total Current Points: 50
[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 7/8

The World Could Never Be The Same

Mommy was in danger, Hal knew that, so why did his legs not move? He couldn't help himself as he stared right to what couldn't called anything but a monster, a real monster, a real hairy nasty disgusting spider monster about to swallow his mother whole. The beast pierced the woman's sides with it's mandibules, her clothes beggining to dissolve with the saliva and mix with the flowing blood. Now even watching was too unbearable. Hal covered his ears, closed his eyes and hid behind a vastly oversized fallen chair, hopinh at least the gigantic monster would not find him.

And then CRASH! A cloud of dust rose into the room and up to the ceiling, the broke-down door announcing somebody's entrance. The titanic spider barely had time to turn it's eigth eye to face who the newcomer could be when it's face was smashed by a wooden sword and green blood splattered in all directions. The monster didn't even screech, instead it simply dropped dead on the spot. Hal opened his eyes at the sudden silence. A boot emerged from the dust cloud, followed by the man who owned it, a man who Hal was rather familiar with:

"Daddy!" Hal called out in excitement, running towards him and hugging his waist. King patted Hal's head and smiled down amongst his coughs. Hal smiled back, until he caught a figure moving towards his mother with the corner of his eye. "Hey, leave her alone! Go away!"

The figure turned around, coughed, and got up from her previous all fours posture. At first glance, one would think her pretty human, right up until one noticed her twitching ears, long fluffy tail, claws for nails and feline eyes. She giggled at Hal's stance, who was about to run to hit her when his back was instead patted.

"Don't worry little man. She's on our side. She smelled mommy's blood and took me here. She's also the one who's gonna try to save mommy, and then we're out of here." His dad told him. before noding to the cat lady, who made a demonstration of her medical expertize by applying first care and patching up Hal's mother, before helping her wake up. At that point, not one, not two, not three, but a whole swarm of those gaint bugs appeared. Hal's dad picked up his mother, while Hal was picked up by the cat-lady, and the two took off running. Chuckling was coming from the walls of the mansion-turned-labyrinth, the group doing their best to fend off the monstrous bugs and rats as they ran, eventually entering a tunnel. A large minotaur appeared all of the sudden, almost smashing Hal's parents with his sledgehammer, but a mysterious shadow appeared out of nowhere, and pushed the group into another room. Crossing the door, however, revealed to instead take them into a snowy mountain in which they all fell. The shadow quickly retreated into the mountain itself, leaving the entire group coughing, except for Hal who'd passed out.

"So this is where...it all comes to an end." King concluded.

Clearly shown by his efforts in getting up, the man's wounds were just as agape as the girl kneeling beside him. If only her tears could heal, one might think, then by now there wouldn't be one person left with a wound or sickness in the world. Covered by her arms was a sleeping boy, no older than 11, not wounded by still visibly dirtied by whatever created the waste they stood on, by the side of that hill, by the entrance to that cave. The man lifted his wooden sword and placed it on his right, glancing at the woman. He gave her a bloodied smirk. "It's about time I go and settle this. I've got enough of them. If I don't, who knows what's gonna happen. I'm the only one who can do it. This time, I really am the only one who can do it. So I gotta do it."

"No, please, you don't! You don't! You don't! Just let them handle this already! I don't care what they do to this place or to this world, if it means..." The man simply kept smiling warmly at her. Would there be no end to her tears? "...if it means... why.... why are you still insisting? Is this really that important to you?"

"Because, babe, it's my bloody destiny." The man simply turned around again, and began stomping his way towards the cave, the snow and the ashes mixing further with each footstep. By his left joined that girl with the cat ears whose betrayal he had foreseen and let happen, only for them to become even closer allies, to his right was the elven bowwoman whose prejudices against humanity he'd overturned, and now this trio was joining their final companion inside the cave, and who knew if anyone would ever see them again in one piece. The girl with the child, she was not one of them. She chuckled, her head was ringing and buzzing without any strength left to fight the overwhelming tragedy, without a response to all this, she couldn't help but to simply chuckle.

"Bloody Destiny? What the hell is that? How lame..." She repeated, still chuckling. Was it because of the bad catchphrase or because of the weight of her own uselessness cracking down on her? Of her own inability to finally achieve her dream, of holding desires as any more than unreachable goals? "All I wanted... was a safe place... all I wish for is a safe place for my family and those I care about. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!"

As she screamed, she flipped her hands against the snow, the kid dropping into it as well. She realized, though that she hit somehting hard, and noticed a tiny pocketwatch, only slightly wet. Her mind blanked for a second, and she found herself floating along in a spatious oval room, like the inside of a technological egg.

"Thine wish hast been accepted." A voice echoed through the chamber "I will now begin the procedure to grant thee the means for thy wish."

Hal woke up about a week later, having found his dad never came home. What happened to him, nobody knew, but his mother sure as hell wouldn't let the same happen to him. Hal's mother opened her own school soon after, a place named Peace High, but decided to help Hal gain strength to stand in his own two feet. She briefed him about the Verlorwunch, how they worked, how genies granted their users powers, and how Hal's own father had been a Verlorwunch. She didn't want him to become one, she insisted he didn't, but nonetheless she also insisted on him preparing for such an eventuality. Thus his years growing up, going through middle school, were split between training with his mother and whoever she happened to hire to help, and attempting to live a normal school life in Peace High. Despite this, Hal didn't feel a massive change in his overall lifestyle. He still had the chance to play the games as he wanted to, and even Zerra had followd him into Peace High, despite there now being a bit more awkwardness between the two friends. In the end of the day, though, whenever Hal came home, he still felt it, like a looming presence. He still witnessed the passing shadows in the fireplace of from beneath door, his heart jumping a bit at the thought "dad!". He knew it though. He knew it was pointless to hope. To wish for it.

His dad was gone.

And everyday, he had to cope with that feeling and that awareness. Every time he woke up, he found his eyes glancing at his mother's bedroom as if dad was gonna walk out in his slippers and a robe and wrongly inquire if it was Saturday yet. Every time he went to train, he wondered if his dad had trained like that as well, if he had to put up with all those reptitive motions, if he would have liked to pass it down to Hal himself. Hal wanted to share it all with him, how he was growing stronger, how his grades had improved a bit, how he was getting along with Zerra again, how he beat those really hard games. In the end, Hal just couldn't handle it, living life as he always had. The world could never be the same now. He needed something to at least keep his mind occupied in his first highschool year. He decided...

[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost: ALL (50 points)

Traits
Fighting Style-your choice: You may choose one extra fighting style from the ones mentioned in previous entries.
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost: 25 Points

Traits
+Club Related Skill Depending in the club chosen for this option, the character will display proficiency in that particular field.
-Over-reliant: The character shows difficulty taking fully independent action, often falling back always requesting help for even trivial matters.
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
+Secret Trait-
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
-Pessimist: The character displays a tendency to lack joy and always expects the worst possible outcome for a given action.
+Secret Trait-
[/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A

...to focus entirely on his training. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B

...to join a club and focus on it. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C

...to confess his feelings to Zerra. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D

....to get to try to let go through his video games, possibly even attempt to persue a career through them. [/div][/div]

*Chosen Option: B "On second thought, there is no way Hal can actually win against a giant monster. He needs to hide for now."

Traits Acquired:

+Patient: The character has an easier time holding back doing an action provided they understand it's better to avoid acting for their overall goal

-Cowardly: When confronted with awkward or frightening situations, the character display an extreme urge to flee or avoid it.

-Fear-Monsters: The character is absolutely terrified of any monstrous creatures of the monsters of old.

Total Current Points: 50

Character Creation 7/8

The World Could Never Be The Same

Mommy was in danger, Hal knew that, so why did his legs not move? He couldn't help himself as he stared right to what couldn't called anything but a monster, a real monster, a real hairy nasty disgusting spider monster about to swallow his mother whole. The beast pierced the woman's sides with it's mandibules, her clothes beggining to dissolve with the saliva and mix with the flowing blood. Now even watching was too unbearable. Hal covered his ears, closed his eyes and hid behind a vastly oversized fallen chair, hopinh at least the gigantic monster would not find him.

And then CRASH! A cloud of dust rose into the room and up to the ceiling, the broke-down door announcing somebody's entrance. The titanic spider barely had time to turn it's eigth eye to face who the newcomer could be when it's face was smashed by a wooden sword and green blood splattered in all directions. The monster didn't even screech, instead it simply dropped dead on the spot. Hal opened his eyes at the sudden silence. A boot emerged from the dust cloud, followed by the man who owned it, a man who Hal was rather familiar with:

"Daddy!" Hal called out in excitement, running towards him and hugging his waist. King patted Hal's head and smiled down amongst his coughs. Hal smiled back, until he caught a figure moving towards his mother with the corner of his eye. "Hey, leave her alone! Go away!"

The figure turned around, coughed, and got up from her previous all fours posture. At first glance, one would think her pretty human, right up until one noticed her twitching ears, long fluffy tail, claws for nails and feline eyes. She giggled at Hal's stance, who was about to run to hit her when his back was instead patted.

"Don't worry little man. She's on our side. She smelled mommy's blood and took me here. She's also the one who's gonna try to save mommy, and then we're out of here." His dad told him. before noding to the cat lady, who made a demonstration of her medical expertize by applying first care and patching up Hal's mother, before helping her wake up. At that point, not one, not two, not three, but a whole swarm of those gaint bugs appeared. Hal's dad picked up his mother, while Hal was picked up by the cat-lady, and the two took off running. Chuckling was coming from the walls of the mansion-turned-labyrinth, the group doing their best to fend off the monstrous bugs and rats as they ran, eventually entering a tunnel. A large minotaur appeared all of the sudden, almost smashing Hal's parents with his sledgehammer, but a mysterious shadow appeared out of nowhere, and pushed the group into another room. Crossing the door, however, revealed to instead take them into a snowy mountain in which they all fell. The shadow quickly retreated into the mountain itself, leaving the entire group coughing, except for Hal who'd passed out.

"So this is where...it all comes to an end." King concluded.

Clearly shown by his efforts in getting up, the man's wounds were just as agape as the girl kneeling beside him. If only her tears could heal, one might think, then by now there wouldn't be one person left with a wound or sickness in the world. Covered by her arms was a sleeping boy, no older than 11, not wounded by still visibly dirtied by whatever created the waste they stood on, by the side of that hill, by the entrance to that cave. The man lifted his wooden sword and placed it on his right, glancing at the woman. He gave her a bloodied smirk. "It's about time I go and settle this. I've got enough of them. If I don't, who knows what's gonna happen. I'm the only one who can do it. This time, I really am the only one who can do it. So I gotta do it."

"No, please, you don't! You don't! You don't! Just let them handle this already! I don't care what they do to this place or to this world, if it means..." The man simply kept smiling warmly at her. Would there be no end to her tears? "...if it means... why.... why are you still insisting? Is this really that important to you?"

"Because, babe, it's my bloody destiny." The man simply turned around again, and began stomping his way towards the cave, the snow and the ashes mixing further with each footstep. By his left joined that girl with the cat ears whose betrayal he had foreseen and let happen, only for them to become even closer allies, to his right was the elven bowwoman whose prejudices against humanity he'd overturned, and now this trio was joining their final companion inside the cave, and who knew if anyone would ever see them again in one piece. The girl with the child, she was not one of them. She chuckled, her head was ringing and buzzing without any strength left to fight the overwhelming tragedy, without a response to all this, she couldn't help but to simply chuckle.

"Bloody Destiny? What the hell is that? How lame..." She repeated, still chuckling. Was it because of the bad catchphrase or because of the weight of her own uselessness cracking down on her? Of her own inability to finally achieve her dream, of holding desires as any more than unreachable goals? "All I wanted... was a safe place... all I wish for is a safe place for my family and those I care about. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!"

As she screamed, she flipped her hands against the snow, the kid dropping into it as well. She realized, though that she hit somehting hard, and noticed a tiny pocketwatch, only slightly wet. Her mind blanked for a second, and she found herself floating along in a spatious oval room, like the inside of a technological egg.

"Thine wish hast been accepted." A voice echoed through the chamber "I will now begin the procedure to grant thee the means for thy wish."

Hal woke up about a week later, having found his dad never came home. What happened to him, nobody knew, but his mother sure as hell wouldn't let the same happen to him. Hal's mother opened her own school soon after, a place named Peace High, but decided to help Hal gain strength to stand in his own two feet. She briefed him about the Verlorwunch, how they worked, how genies granted their users powers, and how Hal's own father had been a Verlorwunch. She didn't want him to become one, she insisted he didn't, but nonetheless she also insisted on him preparing for such an eventuality. Thus his years growing up, going through middle school, were split between training with his mother and whoever she happened to hire to help, and attempting to live a normal school life in Peace High. Despite this, Hal didn't feel a massive change in his overall lifestyle. He still had the chance to play the games as he wanted to, and even Zerra had followd him into Peace High, despite there now being a bit more awkwardness between the two friends. In the end of the day, though, whenever Hal came home, he still felt it, like a looming presence. He still witnessed the passing shadows in the fireplace of from beneath door, his heart jumping a bit at the thought "dad!". He knew it though. He knew it was pointless to hope. To wish for it.

His dad was gone.

And everyday, he had to cope with that feeling and that awareness. Every time he woke up, he found his eyes glancing at his mother's bedroom as if dad was gonna walk out in his slippers and a robe and wrongly inquire if it was Saturday yet. Every time he went to train, he wondered if his dad had trained like that as well, if he had to put up with all those reptitive motions, if he would have liked to pass it down to Hal himself. Hal wanted to share it all with him, how he was growing stronger, how his grades had improved a bit, how he was getting along with Zerra again, how he beat those really hard games. In the end, Hal just couldn't handle it, living life as he always had. The world could never be the same now. He needed something to at least keep his mind occupied in his first highschool year. He decided...

• Cost: ALL (50 points)

Traits
    Fighting Style-your choice: You may choose one extra fighting style from the ones mentioned in previous entries.
    +Secret Trait-

[script class=Option1 on=click]
hide Result
show Result2
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Option2 on=click]
hide Result
show Result3
set X 2
[/script]
[script class=Option3 on=click]
hide Result
show Result4
set X 3
[/script]
[script class=Option4 on=click]
hide Result
show Result5
set X 4
[/script]
[script class=Result on=dblclick]
hide Result
show Result1
set X 0
[/script]
[script class=SheetS on=dblclick]
hide SheetS
[/script]

Tags: D duegxybus The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit BearBearBear BearBearBear Damafaud Damafaud SerenityAngel SerenityAngel BackSet BackSet Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia acsgon acsgon official clown business official clown business The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Voltsung Voltsung

I want to go A but it would take up all the points. I like C as well though. I think I'll have to go with A. Confessions can come later lol

We got 50 points and this is 7/8.

As much as I want that club related skill, the over reliance negative trait makes it like... NOT WORTH IT ASDHLFJSAD

I feel like the two secret traits might actually be bad too.

UMMMMMM

C. Let's go with that, cause, hopefully we'll be able to use all 50 next time.

Oh I should mention cause this was a secret trait before, but if you go A, there is the "ranged weapon" fighting style available. Not sure if that will change any decisions or be entirely pointless, but I think it may be relevant information.

Hello everyone! Gotta say, this has been so much fun to read!

A is a very tempting option, but I gotta go with C! I'm a complete sucker for any chance of romance

Remember That The 100 points from the beggining were for character creation. Once the character creation phase ends, we will move to the already mentioned "will system", which ya'll will be given a refresher for when we get there.

Also, from this point, anyone who does not vote for two straight entries will be considered to want to leave, and thus will only be tagged once more after that.

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://pre00.deviantart.net/3e1d/th/pre/f/2013/083/0/9/silver_texture_by_paulinemoss-d5z2qev.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://st.depositphotos.com/1002395/1664/i/950/depositphotos_16647891-stock-photo-diamond-geometric-pattern-of-colored.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/fc/82/2ffc8213589236511902d87d5c89a8d8.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
Chosen Option: C, "...to confess his feelings to Zerra."
Acquired Traits:
+Boyfriend: The character (male) is in a committed relationship on a pre-marital stage.
*Optimist: The character displays a tendency to see the silver lining in things and expects positive outcomes out of any given action.
[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 8/8

Verlorwunch

In the end of the day, Hal couldn't help but count on Zerra. The two were not as close as they once were, but witnessing Hal's grief, the girl's pity opened a new door through which the two could approach one another again. Zerra would hang out with him, try to spur him on, sometimes bring him a bottle of water when he was done with his mandatory running for his training. His dad was gone but... Zerra, she was still there for him. Despite him not having been there when she was assaulted. Despite him not being any knight in shining armor. Despite him being the mess he was, she was still by his side. It was undeniable he wanted to spend more and more time with her now. Hal found himself making excuses to get her to meet up with him or stay with him at certain times. He began looking away when she complimented him, hesitating to throw his usual flirty comment. He even simply....embraced her a couple of times. Out of nowhere, just a sudden urge to feel her comforting presence directly in touch with him. With incidents like that, Hal knew for a fact, a thought he couldn't shove away from his mind, Hal knew he was in love with Zerra.

Hal began looking up ways to make his confession. He gave the wheels a few turns to start up the computer in his home's computer room, watching as the TEICO logo appeared on the screen, and then he began searching the results, but they all seemed targeted towards people already in a relationship. Realizing he had little choice, Hal made his way to library, where he impantiently flipped through the pages of every book he could find, barely bothering to actually read the contents as he searched for the perfect confession with ever-growing red on his face. He pratically threw behind him books like "A Balad for New Lovers", "So,you want to catch your own Gemfish?" and "80 Days Around the Girl of Your Dreams", sparing more time to volumes like "Tips for pre-daters", but still to little avail. Foreign books full of weird advise like "Before any date gift her a professionally sliced Kelpi" quickly made him drop those as well. It seemed that nomatter where he looked, nobody was able to actually help him.

"Tips for pre-daters? You're looking for relationship advise now Hal? I knew it was weird seeing you in a library without a console of some kind. What, is there someone you like?" Zerra's voice commented behind Hal, who froze in place, dropping the book his was skimming through at the time. He slowly turned towards her, sweat dropping from his forehead. Before he could think straight, Hal found himself simply nodded. Zerra's eyes widened. "Oh really? Well...I mean, who is it? Can you tell me?"

"It's....It's...." Hal's voice was escaping him. "It's you..."

"What did you say? I couldn't quite catch that."

"It's you, Zerra. The person I like...." Hal swallowed. He was gonna have to say it sooner or later.

"Hal, I-"

Zerra was interrupted by Hal grabbing her shoulders and quickly getting up. He had a fierce look on his eyes, the kind of look Hal had when he was about to finish the final boss in one of his games or when he participated in a gaming tournament. Giving it his all, even if he failed in the end. Because leaving when something is midway is pointless, he would have said.

"Zerra, I love you. I've really liked you ever since we were kids, and we were always together so I'm sorry for not realizing before but, I do know now that I truly love you. Would you please go out with me?"

Zerra could feel Hal's hands and arms shaking wildly. His face was comparable to a tomato being pressured by a large pile of red peppers, and much like that tomato he could like he could come apart at any moment now, struggling to keep up his face of utter determination. Zerra smiled.

"You don't have to keep acting like that. You can turn around if you'd like I won't mind. I'll pretend you're still facing me."

Hal cracked. He turned around slowly, covering his face with his hands in pure shame. He was expecting to react like this. It was all over now. Or so he thought.

"I love you too, Hal. There's no one else but you." Zerra whispered in his ear. Hal's eyes widened with shock and joy and he turned around, only to spot her fleeing the library, her face as red as his, and much like his, she also had a huge grin splattered all over her face.

The two quickly came to realize neither of them knew much about, well, love, relationships, all those types of things. Despite that, the two began doing all those things they envisioned couples doing: They went on days to the park, the zoo, the movies, the nearest ferris wheel, then another ferris wheel that wasn't closed down to due to rust-related maintenance, ... They held hands, they kissed, but by the time they became second years, after spending about a month of thier vacation apart with their respective families, something felt like it just wasn't there anymore.

They started having arguments, bad ones. Ones that reminded Hal of the arguments his parents had before the kidnapping at his grandparent's mansion. Before his dad disappeared. Was Zerra gonna disappear? No! He couldn't take losing her too! That was too much, to somehting as cruel and slow as time? Too fast to enjoy too slow to escape, Hal felt trapped in a reality full of boundaries, his desire a single one, to not loose what he cared about anymore. To not have to go through that pain anymore. But reality is not something you can simply escape. It's not like you could just pick up a magic wand, snap your fingers and wish upon a star to have your problems go away.

There WAS a way, he recalled. He had been training to deal with it for his whole teenage life so far. Day after day after day, his training was all about matching the genies, that world that took his father. Genies granted wishes, right? He couldn't believe he hadn't thought of something that obvious before. Or maybe he did, and forgot. There certainly had to be a risk, but, it was a risk Hal couldn't care less about right now.

Hal waited for an opportunity, and as soon as his mother left for a meeting, Hal immediately began rummaging through her old rooms, the most secret rooms he could access, and anything that looked like junk, like potential genies. He recalled it: His mother had, long ago, found a genie that she kept...in a... vase...

Hal looked to the shelf in his right. A white vase decorated with blue clouds was comfortably resting on it, holding within the solution to Hal's problems. He didn't think twice before taking the vase and turning it upside down, making a tiny ring drop right out of it and fall into with the group with a dramatic "ting!".

Hal couldn't bring himself to do it at home, he realized. His mother had kept that thing from him for years, if she came back before he managed to use it... But now he had everything set up, he was ready. But even as he attempted to focus on his current tragedies, on the things that hurt him now and his need to stop himself from losing any more, flashes of other potential wishes were clouding his mind, all screaming about the potential opportunities he was about to loose. Hal gritted his teeth, he knew he had to ignore them. What if he could rescue his father, find them? Find those he lost? What if he could stop incidents like the time Zerra was attacked from happening? What if, what if, what if... He felt he needed to do it now. Any more of this and his resolve would be dissolved in doubt. There was no time for extra-carefully thought or super clever wishes, he needed to ask for what he needed! How much life simpler was in his games, where situations like this could be solved just by switching your route or returning to a previous save point.

"Here goes... Mom said these things respond to your wishes and your bodily fluids... The closer the fluid is to you, the more effective the genie's bond should be... " Hal picked up the knife and cut his right hand, dripping blood onto the ring as he closed his eyes and whispered his wish.

[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Hal attains the power to cause anyone that touches him to be uncontrollably physically and romantically attracted to him for as long as they remain in physical contact with him.

Ability categories: Passive - Corrosive - Emotional
Will Cost: Hal's daily free will is reduced by 15% permanently [/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost: 25 Points

Hal attains the power to observe a person's "stats" even in things which one wouldn't think can be measured, like intelligence and agility. The ability breaks them down into a number on the target, and fixates that number for as long as the target is observed. So long as it has been revealed, he can get stats for the abilities of other Verlorwunch as well.

Ability categories: Passive - Information
Will Cost: Hal's daily free will is reduced by 20% permanently [/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost: 50 Points

Hal attains the power to track the exact position of any person in the vicinity and in any location which he has been in the past 12 hours or which he can observe. He can also "zoon in" to any of those locations even if he isn't in it, allowing to observe directly what is happening there, though he can't hear, smell touch ... with this effect. His other senses are lost while he does this, and it becomes easy to loose track of time.

Ability Categories: Active - Localizer - Information
Will Cost: 1.5% of his free will per minute of use, 3% while zooming in. [/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost: 100 Points (LOCKED)

D: Hal wishes to keep those close to him safe forever, even if they abandon him, he doesn't want to loose them. Hal attains the ability to, once per day, fully heal anyone within 1 meter of him, healing any injuries or wounds, helping them relax, and even removing any illnesses they may have.

Ability Categories: Active-Restoration-Charge
Will Cost: 20% of is will on activcation [/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A

Hal wishes for Zerra to always love him. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B

Hal wishes that the world was more like a game. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C

Hal wishes to find those he lost, his dad, his grandparents. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D

Hal wishes to keep those close to him safe forever, even if they abandon him, he doesn't want to loose them. [/div][/div]

Chosen Option: C, "...to confess his feelings to Zerra."

Acquired Traits:

+Boyfriend: The character (male) is in a committed relationship on a pre-marital stage.

*Optimist: The character displays a tendency to see the silver lining in things and expects positive outcomes out of any given action.

Character Creation 8/8

Verlorwunch

In the end of the day, Hal couldn't help but count on Zerra. The two were not as close as they once were, but witnessing Hal's grief, the girl's pity opened a new door through which the two could approach one another again. Zerra would hang out with him, try to spur him on, sometimes bring him a bottle of water when he was done with his mandatory running for his training. His dad was gone but... Zerra, she was still there for him. Despite him not having been there when she was assaulted. Despite him not being any knight in shining armor. Despite him being the mess he was, she was still by his side. It was undeniable he wanted to spend more and more time with her now. Hal found himself making excuses to get her to meet up with him or stay with him at certain times. He began looking away when she complimented him, hesitating to throw his usual flirty comment. He even simply....embraced her a couple of times. Out of nowhere, just a sudden urge to feel her comforting presence directly in touch with him. With incidents like that, Hal knew for a fact, a thought he couldn't shove away from his mind, Hal knew he was in love with Zerra.

Hal began looking up ways to make his confession. He gave the wheels a few turns to start up the computer in his home's computer room, watching as the TEICO logo appeared on the screen, and then he began searching the results, but they all seemed targeted towards people already in a relationship. Realizing he had little choice, Hal made his way to library, where he impantiently flipped through the pages of every book he could find, barely bothering to actually read the contents as he searched for the perfect confession with ever-growing red on his face. He pratically threw behind him books like "A Balad for New Lovers", "So,you want to catch your own Gemfish?" and "80 Days Around the Girl of Your Dreams", sparing more time to volumes like "Tips for pre-daters", but still to little avail. Foreign books full of weird advise like "Before any date gift her a professionally sliced Kelpi" quickly made him drop those as well. It seemed that nomatter where he looked, nobody was able to actually help him.

"Tips for pre-daters? You're looking for relationship advise now Hal? I knew it was weird seeing you in a library without a console of some kind. What, is there someone you like?" Zerra's voice commented behind Hal, who froze in place, dropping the book his was skimming through at the time. He slowly turned towards her, sweat dropping from his forehead. Before he could think straight, Hal found himself simply nodded. Zerra's eyes widened. "Oh really? Well...I mean, who is it? Can you tell me?"

"It's....It's...." Hal's voice was escaping him. "It's you..."

"What did you say? I couldn't quite catch that."

"It's you, Zerra. The person I like...." Hal swallowed. He was gonna have to say it sooner or later.

"Hal, I-"

Zerra was interrupted by Hal grabbing her shoulders and quickly getting up. He had a fierce look on his eyes, the kind of look Hal had when he was about to finish the final boss in one of his games or when he participated in a gaming tournament. Giving it his all, even if he failed in the end. Because leaving when something is midway is pointless, he would have said.

"Zerra, I love you. I've really liked you ever since we were kids, and we were always together so I'm sorry for not realizing before but, I do know now that I truly love you. Would you please go out with me?"

Zerra could feel Hal's hands and arms shaking wildly. His face was comparable to a tomato being pressured by a large pile of red peppers, and much like that tomato he could like he could come apart at any moment now, struggling to keep up his face of utter determination. Zerra smiled.

"You don't have to keep acting like that. You can turn around if you'd like I won't mind. I'll pretend you're still facing me."

Hal cracked. He turned around slowly, covering his face with his hands in pure shame. He was expecting to react like this. It was all over now. Or so he thought.

"I love you too, Hal. There's no one else but you." Zerra whispered in his ear. Hal's eyes widened with shock and joy and he turned around, only to spot her fleeing the library, her face as red as his, and much like his, she also had a huge grin splattered all over her face.

The two quickly came to realize neither of them knew much about, well, love, relationships, all those types of things. Despite that, the two began doing all those things they envisioned couples doing: They went on days to the park, the zoo, the movies, the nearest ferris wheel, then another ferris wheel that wasn't closed down to due to rust-related maintenance, ... They held hands, they kissed, but by the time they became second years, after spending about a month of thier vacation apart with their respective families, something felt like it just wasn't there anymore.

They started having arguments, bad ones. Ones that reminded Hal of the arguments his parents had before the kidnapping at his grandparent's mansion. Before his dad disappeared. Was Zerra gonna disappear? No! He couldn't take losing her too! That was too much, to somehting as cruel and slow as time? Too fast to enjoy too slow to escape, Hal felt trapped in a reality full of boundaries, his desire a single one, to not loose what he cared about anymore. To not have to go through that pain anymore. But reality is not something you can simply escape. It's not like you could just pick up a magic wand, snap your fingers and wish upon a star to have your problems go away.

There WAS a way, he recalled. He had been training to deal with it for his whole teenage life so far. Day after day after day, his training was all about matching the genies, that world that took his father. Genies granted wishes, right? He couldn't believe he hadn't thought of something that obvious before. Or maybe he did, and forgot. There certainly had to be a risk, but, it was a risk Hal couldn't care less about right now.

Hal waited for an opportunity, and as soon as his mother left for a meeting, Hal immediately began rummaging through her old rooms, the most secret rooms he could access, and anything that looked like junk, like potential genies. He recalled it: His mother had, long ago, found a genie that she kept...in a... vase...

Hal looked to the shelf in his right. A white vase decorated with blue clouds was comfortably resting on it, holding within the solution to Hal's problems. He didn't think twice before taking the vase and turning it upside down, making a tiny ring drop right out of it and fall into with the group with a dramatic "ting!".

Hal couldn't bring himself to do it at home, he realized. His mother had kept that thing from him for years, if she came back before he managed to use it... But now he had everything set up, he was ready. But even as he attempted to focus on his current tragedies, on the things that hurt him now and his need to stop himself from losing any more, flashes of other potential wishes were clouding his mind, all screaming about the potential opportunities he was about to loose. Hal gritted his teeth, he knew he had to ignore them. What if he could rescue his father, find them? Find those he lost? What if he could stop incidents like the time Zerra was attacked from happening? What if, what if, what if... He felt he needed to do it now. Any more of this and his resolve would be dissolved in doubt. There was no time for extra-carefully thought or super clever wishes, he needed to ask for what he needed! How much life simpler was in his games, where situations like this could be solved just by switching your route or returning to a previous save point.

"Here goes... Mom said these things respond to your wishes and your bodily fluids... The closer the fluid is to you, the more effective the genie's bond should be... " Hal picked up the knife and cut his right hand, dripping blood onto the ring as he closed his eyes and whispered his wish.

• Cost:Free

Hal attains the power to cause anyone that touches him to be uncontrollably physically and romantically attracted to him for as long as they remain in physical contact with him.

Ability categories: Passive - Corrosive - Emotional
    Will Cost: Hal's daily free will is reduced by 15% permanently

[script class=Option1 on=click]
hide Result
show Result2
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Option2 on=click]
hide Result
show Result3
set X 2
[/script]
[script class=Option3 on=click]
hide Result
show Result4
set X 3
[/script]
[script class=Option4 on=click]
hide Result
show Result5
set X 4
[/script]
[script class=Result on=dblclick]
hide Result
show Result1
set X 0
[/script]
[script class=SheetS on=dblclick]
hide SheetS
[/script]

When you choose your option, you may also choose the modification the genie does to Hal's body:
1. Change Hal's gender
2. Change Hal's hair or eye color (specify)
3. Change Hal's favored hand
4. Change Hal's height
5. Another proposal (type out your proposal, remember this should be mostly aethstetic, and his body is already getting improved by the genie by default. Not all proposals will be accepted)

If one is not chosen, this shall be randomized.

Tags: D duegxybus The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit SerenityAngel SerenityAngel RI.a RI.a Damafaud Damafaud official clown business official clown business BackSet BackSet BearBearBear BearBearBear Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia acsgon acsgon The Omen of Death The Omen of Death Voltsung Voltsung Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Read the Spoiler Below Only After You've Read the Entry
The Writter's Note

I want to deeply apologize in advance for any errors or feelings of "fakeness" for lack of a better word, regarding the relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend between Hal and Zerra. While I did want to keep that as an available option, I've never been in a relationship of that kind in my life. In other words I lack the experience needed to assure you of the quality and fiedlity of the depiction of a romantic relationship in this quest. My deepest apologies, and I hope I can be forgiven moving forward.

A is a terrible choice (that can only lead to sorrow because Genies are like that) B seems like more trouble than it’s worth. D (the best one) is locked. So C it is.

As for physical change: let’s go with Hal’s gender for comical purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back