• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Examination On The Boundaries of Desire, as Written By Na Slegna Rotsopmi

Secret traits are unpredictable, especially with video game option. What if Hal Sophia is actually a klepto and has been stealing his mother's credit card for video games since he was eight? What if Hal is an avid headset user and loves competitive shooter games? Or, perhaps, what if Hal's parents bought him some VR? You never know...

If we're going with a theme then I think cat or video games are the best choices here, but c'mon it's gonna be D.

My crossdressing dreams are flying out the window.
You are free to bring any arguments you'd like or even appeal to your fellow players to change their choice. I probably won't be doing the next entry until tomorrow, so you have until then to change their mind :)

As I said, this is where the players vote and discuss the options.

We're halfway through the character creation peeps! I hope you've been enjoying the quest so far :) As usual, feel free to leave feedback on the aprorpiate thread!

REMINDER: By clicking on the buttons, you can access the information about their details. Double click on place where you get that info to return to the main text.

[class=Frame] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:330px; [/class] [class=Frame2] Border-radius:10px; display: inline-block; Overflow: hidden; width:20%; Margin-left:70px; [/class] [class=Option] Cursor:pointer; background-color:white; border: 10px solid transparent; text-align:center; padding:30px; font-weight: bold; color:black; [/class] [class=Option1] border-image:url(https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/166/posts/27888/image/Step_05_2.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option2] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class]
[class=Option3] border-image:url(https://www.photohdx.com/images/2015/10/brown-soft-leather-texture-background.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [class=Option4] border-image:url(https://pre00.deviantart.net/3e1d/th/pre/f/2013/083/0/9/silver_texture_by_paulinemoss-d5z2qev.jpg) 10 round; [/class] [script class=Option on=init] addClass Option Option1 addClass Option Option2 addClass Option Option3 addClass Option Option4 set X 0 [/script] [class=Result] Cursor:pointer; background-color:black; border: 15px solid transparent; border-image:url(https://images.template.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tileable-stone-texture-6790015.jpg) 10 round; Border-radius:10px; Overflow: hidden; text-align:center; padding:40px; width:80%; margin-left:5%; display: inline-block; font-weight: bold; color: green; [/class] [class=Result1] [/class] [class=Result2] [/class] [class=Result3] [/class] [class=Result4] [/class] [class=Result5] [/class] [script class=Result on=init] addClass Result Result1 addClass Result Result2 addClass Result Result3 addClass Result Result4 addClass Result Result5 [/script]
*Chosen Option: D "A Video Game" Traits Acquired: +Incredible attention to detail: The character is extremely attentive, being able to spot even tiny details that many others wouldn't even register. -Video-game perspective: The character will show a tendency to view and describe things in video-game terms -Competitive: The character possesses a strong drive towards competition and may have a hard time turning down a challenge -Height Loss: The character will be relatively shorter than they would otherwise have been
[div class="Result Result1"] Character Creation 4/8

The Stay Over

On that day, Hal was brought before Santa, already excited to ask him for his present. It was something he'd heard about from the friends he had, but was finally sold on when he saw that AWESOME add on the Tv, so he couldn't wait to see the dragons rampaging through the city and the heroes doing all sorts of cool maneuvers to go around and defeat them, as soon as he got his hands on the game. The line to get to Santa took AGES, leaving Hal to wonder if he'd make it home in time for dinner even, though the closer he got the harder it became not to start jumping in place from excitment.

"Are we there yet? Is it gonna take much longer daddy?" The little boy inquired. King looked around the mall, then smiled and petted Hal's head. "Calm down little guy, it's not even been a quarter of hour since we arrived yet." Hal raised an eyebrow, confused by what daddy was talking about when they had clearly been there for hours, yet something about what he said bothered him even more.

"I'm not little!" Hal pouted, prompting daddy to take his hand off.

"Oh, oh, yeah, you're all big now. You're my big little guy."

"I said..."

"Then I suppose you want some extra greenies tonight?"

Unsurprisingly, Hal didn't feel like responding anymore. He did stick his tongue out at one point when daddy turned, and good too, daddy deserved it! But it was nice when he was picked up and sat on Santa's lap. Suddenly for some reason, the sight of that giant man with a belly big enough to fit Hal whole inside, tendril-like white beard and eyes staring down towards him seemed quite terrifying. King noticed Hal's expression, and was about to tell Hal he could always come next year, when the little boy finally found his resolve, swallowed and raised his gaze to meet Santa's.

"I want a video game! This one! Skybreak adventurers!" Hal raised the drawing in his hands, and Santa chuckled. Not just a "ho ho ho", but an actual genuine chuckle, about the sheer normality and sincerity of the request. Then as per protocol came the "ho ho ho"s, and the patting and the promise to bring him what he wanted if Hal was a good boy that year, listened to his parents and so on...

Hal was both happy and disappointed that Christmas. Everything happened just like every other Christmas, with TEICO setting up the city's decorations and leading some instructional campaing familiarizing newcomers with the customs of the season. Hal's own family was big on Christmas, King in particular always seemed pretty excited about the snow and the decorations and all those things. What Hal was most looking foward to though, was his game, and low and behold , that's exactly what he found as he unwrapped his first gift on Christmas morning. He was a tad disappointed at the fact no dragon or heroes appeared fighting in the city though, the add lied! Still, he was happy enough to have a game to play with other kids.

A few years later In Hal's life, it was like video games had married the TV and were now raising him as a second pair of parents. He still loved his real parents more, and he'd never actually think of those machines as the ones that truly raised him, yet his affection towards the games and the TV were undeniable in his everyday life. Video games and TV were what he did in his free time, they were what he brought to school and showed off in presentations, they were virtually everything he talked about. And still, despite this borderline obsessive behavior, he managed to find comradery in a couple of friends. One of them, Leon, was a fellow gaming enthusiast, so the two had naturally gravitated towards each other. -more stuff about Leon- . One day, as Hal was heading for lunch with Leon, he noticed a girl from the next class over crying in the corridor. She was covered with something yucky, so nobody else was approaching her, and between the crying and the snot her words were barely comprehensible. The teachers were mostly away as well, since the supervisor had to use the bathroom and the rest of the teachers were helping with something else outside. He didn't feel like just leaving her there crying, and thought about what daddy would have done. He bent down over her and used his napkin to try to clean the mess off her face at least.
"Hey, no worries babe." Hal told her, mimicking what daddy had said this one time mommy had slipped in the mud. The girl seemed a little annoyed at the forcefulness of the gesture, and just as confused as Hal about the meaning of that last word, yet she did seem to calm down a little and even took Hal's hand to help her get back on her feet. The little boy then proceeded to walk her to the bathroom. She thanked him in a low voice before entering. Hal would later come to remember this as the first time he spoke with a girl his own age.
Later that day Hal was playing a game when suddenly this sportsy-guy grapled him from the back. This classmate was Kero and also it turned out he was the twin brother of the girl that was crying earlier. He had played a prank on her, something Hal would come to learn was an everyday thing for the two of them, but he was still pretty grateful Hal had helped her out. This was how Hal made his other friend. The trio hanged out together often, but a special occasion came up one day, when kero invited Hal and Leon to stay over at his place. this was Hal's first time staying over at a friend's place. He was so excited, he couldn't wait to play games with them all night long, but Kero's parents had a strict no eletronics at night policy in place. Instead, the kids were told to go to sleep and that they could play in the morning.
A few hours after they got to bed, Hal was shaken into being awoken. Next to him were Kero and Leon holding flashlights. The later of the two was giggling, but Hal was too tired to wonder why.
"Hey Hal, Hal, wake up!" Kero said, until he realized Hal DID already wake up. "Alright. I can't believe you really went to sleep, we almost missed our chance!"
"Our chance to do what?" Hal inquired after a yawn.
"To have some REAL fun! My parenst aren't always like this, you know? It was only because sis is always talking about how you spend the whole day playing videogames that they made us go to sleep and took our games. Meanwhile SHE is downstairs playing HER game. It's a board game, so my mom and dad didn't take it away, and they let her stay up late just because she is a girl...and does her homework more often than me...So I'm going to have a little fun and play a prank on her." Kero smirked.
"You aren't gonna make her cry again, are you?" Hal asked.
"Oh look, I found a chicken! C´mon it's just a harmless prank. Only a girl would cry from it."
"She IS a-"
"Actually... I think she may be coming up soon. Plus it's risky going to her room, because we'd have to go near your parent's room." Leon pointed out. "I think I still remember where they put our games, so maybe we could go and grab them instead?"
"Oh, whatever. We can play them tomorrow. Right now, I want something more exciting that I can't get tomorrow. She thinks we're asleep, c'mon it's our golden chance!" Kero insisted.
Leon sighed and turned to Hal.
"I guess we're going separate ways then. What are you gonna do, Hal?"
[/div] [div class="Result Result2" style="display:none"] Cost: 10 Points

Traits
-Rebellious The character prefers to do their own thing and has a hard time following orders and instructions
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result3" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
+Goal-oriented The character has a strong awareness of what they want to achieve and can focus on achieving it with ease.
-Natural Liar: The character has a strong inclination towards lying and tends to lie over telling the truth, especially for hard truths.
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result4" style="display:none"] Cost: Free

Traits
*Obedient The character can easily distance themselves and follow orders, but they have a hard time straying from them.
+Secret Trait-
[/div] [div class="Result Result5" style="display:none"] Cost: 15 points

Traits
+Pressure Handler The character displays more resilience against social pressure
-Flirty The character shows a tendency to make romantically charged (but often not romantically intended) remarks and gestures
+Secret Trait-
[/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option1"] A
Hal goes with Kero to prank Zerra. It's not fair only Zerra gets to stay up! Plus Kero might get mad if Hal doesn't go along. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option2"] B
Hal decides to go get his games with Leon. In the first place, he just wanted to play them. [/div][/div]

[div class=Frame][div class="Option Option3"] C
Hal goes back to sleep. He won't tell on his friends, but he doesn't want to misbehave either,so he'll do as he was told to do by the grown-ups. He's kind of tired anyway. [/div][/div] [div class=Frame2][div class="Option Option4"] D
Hal takes a detour and secretly goes to warn Zerra. He doesn't want the grown-ups to find out, but Kero is being a meanie and he doesn't want Zerra crying again. [/div][/div]

*Chosen Option: D "A Video Game"
Traits Acquired:
+Incredible attention to detail: The character is extremely attentive, being able to spot even tiny details that many others wouldn't even register.
-Video-game perspective: The character will show a tendency to view and describe things in video-game terms
-Competitive: The character possesses a strong drive towards competition and may have a hard time turning down a challenge
-Height Loss: The character will be relatively shorter than they would otherwise have been
Character Creation 4/8

The Stay Over

On that day, Hal was brought before Santa, already excited to ask him for his present. It was something he'd heard about from the friends he had, but was finally sold on when he saw that AWESOME add on the Tv, so he couldn't wait to see the dragons rampaging through the city and the heroes doing all sorts of cool maneuvers to go around and defeat them, as soon as he got his hands on the game. The line to get to Santa took AGES, leaving Hal to wonder if he'd make it home in time for dinner even, though the closer he got the harder it became not to start jumping in place from excitment.

"Are we there yet? Is it gonna take much longer daddy?" The little boy inquired. King looked around the mall, then smiled and petted Hal's head. "Calm down little guy, it's not even been a quarter of hour since we arrived yet." Hal raised an eyebrow, confused by what daddy was talking about when they had clearly been there for hours, yet something about what he said bothered him even more.

"I'm not little!" Hal pouted, prompting daddy to take his hand off.

"Oh, oh, yeah, you're all big now. You're my big little guy."

"I said..."

"Then I suppose you want some extra greenies tonight?"

Unsurprisingly, Hal didn't feel like responding anymore. He did stick his tongue out at one point when daddy turned, and good too, daddy deserved it! But it was nice when he was picked up and sat on Santa's lap. Suddenly for some reason, the sight of that giant man with a belly big enough to fit Hal whole inside, tendril-like white beard and eyes staring down towards him seemed quite terrifying. King noticed Hal's expression, and was about to tell Hal he could always come next year, when the little boy finally found his resolve, swallowed and raised his gaze to meet Santa's.

"I want a video game! This one! Skybreak adventurers!" Hal raised the drawing in his hands, and Santa chuckled. Not just a "ho ho ho", but an actual genuine chuckle, about the sheer normality and sincerity of the request. Then as per protocol came the "ho ho ho"s, and the patting and the promise to bring him what he wanted if Hal was a good boy that year, listened to his parents and so on...

Hal was both happy and disappointed that Christmas. Everything happened just like every other Christmas, with TEICO setting up the city's decorations and leading some instructional campaing familiarizing newcomers with the customs of the season. Hal's own family was big on Christmas, King in particular always seemed pretty excited about the snow and the decorations and all those things. What Hal was most looking foward to though, was his game, and low and behold , that's exactly what he found as he unwrapped his first gift on Christmas morning. He was a tad disappointed at the fact no dragon or heroes appeared fighting in the city though, the add lied! Still, he was happy enough to have a game to play with other kids.

A few years later In Hal's life, it was like video games had married the TV and were now raising him as a second pair of parents. He still loved his real parents more, and he'd never actually think of those machines as the ones that truly raised him, yet his affection towards the games and the TV were undeniable in his everyday life. Video games and TV were what he did in his free time, they were what he brought to school and showed off in presentations, they were virtually everything he talked about. And still, despite this borderline obsessive behavior, he managed to find comradery in a couple of friends. One of them, Leon, was a fellow gaming enthusiast, so the two had naturally gravitated towards each other. -more stuff about Leon- . One day, as Hal was heading for lunch with Leon, he noticed a girl from the next class over crying in the corridor. She was covered with something yucky, so nobody else was approaching her, and between the crying and the snot her words were barely comprehensible. The teachers were mostly away as well, since the supervisor had to use the bathroom and the rest of the teachers were helping with something else outside. He didn't feel like just leaving her there crying, and thought about what daddy would have done. He bent down over her and used his napkin to try to clean the mess off her face at least.
"Hey, no worries babe." Hal told her, mimicking what daddy had said this one time mommy had slipped in the mud. The girl seemed a little annoyed at the forcefulness of the gesture, and just as confused as Hal about the meaning of that last word, yet she did seem to calm down a little and even took Hal's hand to help her get back on her feet. The little boy then proceeded to walk her to the bathroom. She thanked him in a low voice before entering. Hal would later come to remember this as the first time he spoke with a girl his own age.
Later that day Hal was playing a game when suddenly this sportsy-guy grapled him from the back. This classmate was Kero and also it turned out he was the twin brother of the girl that was crying earlier. He had played a prank on her, something Hal would come to learn was an everyday thing for the two of them, but he was still pretty grateful Hal had helped her out. This was how Hal made his other friend. The trio hanged out together often, but a special occasion came up one day, when kero invited Hal and Leon to stay over at his place. this was Hal's first time staying over at a friend's place. He was so excited, he couldn't wait to play games with them all night long, but Kero's parents had a strict no eletronics at night policy in place. Instead, the kids were told to go to sleep and that they could play in the morning.
A few hours after they got to bed, Hal was shaken into being awoken. Next to him were Kero and Leon holding flashlights. The later of the two was giggling, but Hal was too tired to wonder why.
"Hey Hal, Hal, wake up!" Kero said, until he realized Hal DID already wake up. "Alright. I can't believe you really went to sleep, we almost missed our chance!"
"Our chance to do what?" Hal inquired after a yawn.
"To have some REAL fun! My parenst aren't always like this, you know? It was only because sis is always talking about how you spend the whole day playing videogames that they made us go to sleep and took our games. Meanwhile SHE is downstairs playing HER game. It's a board game, so my mom and dad didn't take it away, and they let her stay up late just because she is a girl...and does her homework more often than me...So I'm going to have a little fun and play a prank on her." Kero smirked.
"You aren't gonna make her cry again, are you?" Hal asked.
"Oh look, I found a chicken! C´mon it's just a harmless prank. Only a girl would cry from it."
"She IS a-"
"Actually... I think she may be coming up soon. Plus it's risky going to her room, because we'd have to go near your parent's room." Leon pointed out. "I think I still remember where they put our games, so maybe we could go and grab them instead?"
"Oh, whatever. We can play them tomorrow. Right now, I want something more exciting that I can't get tomorrow. She thinks we're asleep, c'mon it's our golden chance!" Kero insisted.
Leon sighed and turned to Hal.
"I guess we're going separate ways then. What are you gonna do, Hal?"

• Cost:10 Points

Traits
    -Rebellious The character prefers to do their own thing and has a hard time following orders and instructions
    +Secret Trait-

[script class=Option1 on=click]
hide Result
show Result2
set X 1
[/script]
[script class=Option2 on=click]
hide Result
show Result3
set X 2
[/script]
[script class=Option3 on=click]
hide Result
show Result4
set X 3
[/script]
[script class=Option4 on=click]
hide Result
show Result5
set X 4
[/script]
[script class=Result on=dblclick]
hide Result
show Result1
set X 0
[/script]
[script class=SheetS on=dblclick]
hide SheetS
[/script]

Tags: D duegxybus The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Damafaud Damafaud BearBearBear BearBearBear Cinder_Rabbit Cinder_Rabbit The Mechanist The Mechanist The Omen of Death The Omen of Death BackSet BackSet official clown business official clown business Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Voltsung Voltsung

B

Let's play; Kerro won't be mad to us, Leon will be delighted, and Zerra will cry but it has nothing to do with us. Plus,liar!

There's only one way to a happy ending guys....

frisk_use__flirt_by_onlytrashartshere-db3tx1q.jpg

Just saying...

This is interesting because I would imagine D's hidden trait has something to do with being very truthful, or having an inclination to being honorable, on the other hand deceptiveness is an interesting choice too, gonna have to really consider this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back