• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Peter Callahan
giphy.gifPeter’s cheeks were bright red as he smiled sheepishly at his wife. He knew that she would agree to what he wanted but the fact that she said it outloud made him feel all sorts of things. Smiling widely as she asked whether or not they were going to finish their steak, he nodded his head. ”I’m in no rush.” He told her before giving her hands a final squeeze and letting go. Moving to grab the bottle of wine, he poured it for them both before moving to eat his food once more. ”I’m not that kinda man, Sinny.” He told her gently before taking a bit of his steak, chewing it thoughtfully as he thought about where he was going to take this date next.

An idea popped into his head and Peter’s heart began to race as he was excited to show Sinead what he had in mind. ”I’ve got one more thing planned, hopefully it will sweep you off your feet so I can carry you upstairs.” Peter winked and laughed lightly at his own joke. Things were beginning to settle and Peter had finished his meal waiting for Sinead to do the same before stretching his arms and moving to stand. He walked around to help his wife out of his chair before taking her hand. ”I thought we could take some time to have a dance?” He suggested as he led her towards the room where the piano and record player was.

”Its been an awfully long time since we were just able to dance and enjoy ourselves. With the kids out of the house, we can just enjoy the music and be in each others arms.” Moving his arms into position to hold her close to him, he gently swayed with the slow jazz music as he leaned his head to rest on top of hers. Humming along, Peter closed his eyes, ”I feel I don’t say it enough to you, but I love you Sin.” He murmured gently, the words causing a soft smile to form on his face. Suddenly, a thought popped into his head that had been bothering him before tonight. ”But…” He started before letting out a soft sigh. ”I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you at Ryan’s funeral. I let my own distaste for the man get in the way, my own jealousy...I really should have been there for you and I wasn’t. I really am sorry.”
With: Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
Jackson stayed reclined in the kitchen chair as Maddox entered the room, his black leather glove dug into the nut bowl in the center of the glass table. Jackson took his time finishing his mouthful cashews, his eyes narrowing on Maddox. He flicked the crumbs off his slacks with the back of his gloved hand before crossing his legs, showing the blue plastic footwear covers wrapped around his sleek dress shoes. After he finished the cashews, he kept his vicious stare locked on Maddox, allowing the perilous silence to fill the distance between them. After a few, anxious-inducing seconds, Jackson's stare relented to a far more relaxed expression. "Why don't you take a seat," Jackson offered, raising the black steel M1911 from under the glass table, fitted tightly with a lengthy silencer.

As Maddox took a seat, the barrel of the handgun slowly followed him. Jackson's eyes did as well, sliding around his lids at the same pace as the firearm. Once Maddox sat, Jackson sat up in his chair, exhaling lightly. "You're a badman, aren't you, Maddox?" Jackson rested the M1911 on the glass table lightly, allowing himself to intertwine his leather-wrapped fingers. "I've done some pretty vile things in my life, sure," Jackson started, shrugging his shoulders lightly, "but you are a bad man."

Jackson stuck his tongue in his cheek, sure Maddox wouldn't even begin to protest, as Jackson was only stating simple facts. "You fucked with a kid's head for four years," Jackson allowed that number to resonate with Maddox, for even if he had acknowledged what he'd done, perhaps he hadn't really thought about how much time he'd dedicated to destroying Syd. "You took a bright, loving boy and transformed him into an emotional wreck on constant suicide watch. As his shrink he trusted, you twisted and turned him against his family and himself." Jackson's eyes narrowed once more as if enraging himself by restating what the man had done.

"The fact that I haven't repainted your wall with that mushy, cowshite pile you call your brain is showing some real self-control on my end." Jackson's nostrils flared as if his hand would rip the pistol off the table any second and blow Maddox's head apart. "That's also cause I need your help. I'm here, giving you a chance to save your own life." Jackson sat up once more, his aggressive expression dropping back to his relaxed demeanor. "I'd threaten your girlfriend's life as well, but I doubt a rat like you cares about anyone else but himself."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Maddox)

Gwen Bryant
Rejected Gwen .png
Gwen understood on an intimate level where Jason was coming from with drinking. It was hard to maintain sober when the whole world around you was crashing down. But Jason drank because he lost hope, Gwen had been shooting up for that very reason a long time ago. His eyes watered and Gwen bit her bottom lip, watching as he took a drink from the glass. He grimaced before setting it down on the floor, reaching out to take her hands. Gwen took his hands and squeezed them lightly. Revealing that he had been to rehab once before, Gwen listened as he told her that it had gotten him out of the habit of relying on alcohol but it failed to give him something to replace it with. Gwen wondered if and when she did finally go to rehab if it would work on her.

He told her that she didn't have to be strong for them, that he was the one who had to be but Gwen just shook her head slowly. "Jason, no, it's okay." She whispered gently, moving one of her hands to caress his forehead. Returning her hand to his, he gripped them tightly as he began to shake and Gwen listened to him as he told her that he wanted to be with her for the rest of time. This was what he had said before to her but now, seeing him crying like this, breaking down before her...it had more meaning behind what he was saying. "It's okay to lose hope, Jason." Gwen murmured, scooting herself close enough to kiss his forehead gently. Moving away so that her face was only a few inches from his, Gwen offered a small smile. "You're my life...that's why I'm here. That's why I will continue to be here...I'm not going anywhere whether you like it or not." Looking around the apartment for a moment, she sighed at the empty bottles of whiskey, seeing just how many he had wasted himself in.

Turing back to him, Gwen looked serious this time, "I want you to not worry about what Deborah did today, okay? I will take care of it. You'll be back at rehearsal with me, where you belong. Ben sucked today, there was no chemistry between us and you and I both know that's what will break a show. I missed you so much today." Gwen moved her hands away from his before taking his arms and wrapping them around her.

"We will get through this, you and I. These addictions, they don't define us...they never have. We can fight this together. I'm not leaving you, Jason. I love you too much to walk away from this madness now, it's apart of me, you're apart of me. Fate has a way of working things out and I believe with all of my heart that we were meant to find each other again. Remember? It's in the stars." Gwen took one of his hands and gave it a gently kiss as she looked at him with her big doe eyes.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Alistair Sawyer

1583182263856.pngAlistair narrowed his eyes at the way Rhys smiled at him before glancing briefly to Gabriel. It had seemed somewhat condescending, which he didn’t appreciate. That he was prepared to waltz in and disrespect a powerful figurehead in the business made him suspect that the younger man was on some level immature. Still, Alistair said nothing and instead allowed him to elaborate on his plan as asked.

He nodded at the mention of Porters patrolling the building; they could be watching from anywhere, but residences and Porter-owned businesses would always hold the highest risk, even ones less known. It intrigued Alistair, then, when Rhys told them he had a plan to avoid getting caught. His eyes drifted to the candid photographs of the interior of James’ apartment, squinting at the details on the layered blueprints, and rubbed a hand across his chin as he followed the man’s unorthodox idea.

When he was finished, it wasn’t Rhys that he looked to, but Gabriel. It was obvious that Alistair’s mind was processing his views on the young Consigliere, but he didn’t voice them, instead reaching forward to slowly pour himself a glass of bourbon. “I have to admit, Rhys,” he began, setting down the decanter and leaning back in his seat. “I admire your creativity. You seem confident that you have planned this to perfection and I can’t see any obvious flaws yet.” He took a sip from his glass and leaned forward, brushing one hand over the blueprints to bring them closer to him. “So, one or two watching the place, one to make the call, and one to turn the key. A small job with minimal risk.”

Alistair kept his gaze on the blueprints for a moment longer, visualising the events playing out in real life, before turning to face Rhys. His eyes still carried a naturally cold expression, but this time it wasn’t in distaste for the man so much as trying to figure him out. “For the sake of the outcome, I will gladly assign my men to the job. But let me make one thing clear…” Alistair turned slightly to focus entirely on Rhys, as though Gabriel wouldn’t hear him. “We are doing this as a team, Caddel. I am not to be used as a means to an end, not even with our shared desire to put James Porter in the ground. If at any point you decide to stab me in the back, I won’t even need to make sure you don’t come out of this alive. Gabriel and I have been working well together for a while now, but it’s not easy to earn my trust and our connection through him is not enough for me to trust you. That said, if this job goes well then we might become good allies - I’d like that, after all.” Alistair took another sip of his bourbon and settled back into his seat, casting a serious look towards Gabriel. “So. Do we have anything else to straighten out?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Gabriel
Enzyme Enzyme Rhys

Teddy Wycliff
1012039-69th-annual-primetime-emmy-awards-arrivals.jpg
Life for Teddy this past month was difficult. Getting used to rely on his right hand more than his left was proving to be very challenging, but he was going to manage. It was hard being his suave self with just 8 fingers remaining, as some females weren't really comfortable being touched by him. That wasn't the hardest thing he had to deal with, however, as he had to figure out how he was going to replace the stock the Porter's had taken back from his boss. He was grateful to Elvian, Valentina, and Tony for all standing in his corner to convince Gabriel not to kill him. He was even more grateful to his boss as he was the one he had to thank for not putting a bullet in his brain. From then on he had been reduced to smaller jobs like collecting debts and while he did, he listened. All of these guys were the same in terms of giving excuses and telling him stories about how they needed to get the money to pay his boss. He was using these stories in his own way, trying to think of something.

Teddy had decided to take a small break from his own planning by going out with Tony. He figured his friend would be both a good distraction and help him figure a way out of this mess. His friend had also gone through some sort of hardship for his boss, so why not take a little R&R day to themselves? "Bowling." Tony had suggested, as Teddy raised his hand up to look at his hand once more. There was a brief awkward silence before Teddy had chuckled, "Learning more with my right hand so that could be fun exercise." Teddy had long since gotten out of his dump about his hand, more so his debt taking over his mind. The sound of Tony's voice had taken him from his thoughts as the other man was informing him it was his turn. They had just started, in the 3rd frame. Tony was currently beating Teddy as would be expected since he hadn't yet figured out the power and range of his right hand yet. He had staked claim to the bright orange 10lb ball to start off with, throwing the ball down the lane. All but six had been knocked down on the first throw, then zero the next. Plopping back down in his seat, he took a deep sigh. "How're you feeling now, buddy?"

Syd Porter

tumblr_p2vin4yc6v1vhjcv7o1_540.gif Weighed down by guilt and his concern for Roxie, Syd didn’t give any kind of verbal response to Conor or anyone else in the room listening to his apology. His mood had plummeted so far that he couldn’t return his uncle’s brief smile, but he at least nodded in agreement not to fight with him again. Syd wasn’t the same person now that he had been as a teenager - when once throwing a punch made him feel on top of the world, now that kind of adrenaline only fed into his anxiety. The days of friendly brawling and playground fights were long gone. He had stepped into war, into a world of real anger and hatred. It meant something different to him, now.

Things seemed to move forward when Conor explained that Jackson was going to visit Doctor Parker and grill him for information and when he looked over to his Godfather, he found the man gazing back at him with a tender look in his eyes. Still holding onto the door, he watched as Jackson stepped towards him, somehow managing to keep his eyes on him despite his shame. This was the second time Jackson was turning up for him at a time of need since he arrived in New York and he didn’t know how to express his gratitude. He was one of the few people that Syd didn’t feel like he had personally hurt yet, so it felt different to accept his help, but he still knew he wanted to repay him. “Do it for her,” he quietly replied, his eyes finally dropping to the floor. “Not for me.”

The sound of a tray sliding onto the table brought Syd’s attention to his mother, who had busied herself by preparing pastries and coffee for whoever needed it. It was a role she liked to play: finding small, immediate ways to make things better even when everything seemed terrible. But Syd wasn’t hungry. Everyone started moving, then - Lucy sweeping up broken glass from the floor; James making phone calls; Jackson leaving to find Maddox - but Syd stayed rooted to the spot, feeling himself be pulled into a sinkhole of hopelessness as everyone moved past him. As he dwelled on the worst case scenarios, he felt someone grab his arm and looked down to see his mother gasping for breath, squeezing her eyes shut as if she was about to faint. “Mam?” His concern suddenly switched to her; he let go of the door and came around to face her, extending his arms to hold her steady. “Mam, what’s going on? Are you okay?”

After a moment she muttered an apology and straightened up. Syd held his eyes on her, wondering if he should have been paying more attention to her well-being. His suffering wasn’t just contained within him - it spread to those who cared about him, running themselves ragged trying to accommodate him and keep him afloat. His mother was still going, still trying to make everyone feel better, but he had no idea if she was doing enough to look after herself. In the end, she brushed past it, taking his hand and guiding him upstairs to where he would be sleeping. The address he had given to Doctor Peralta had been his house back in Oakland Gardens, since his plan had been to move back home with Roxie. Given the circumstances, however, Lucy had already assumed he would be moving in with her and the rest of the family for a bit, and he supposed she probably knew best.

They stopped just outside the door to his bedroom before she told him, somewhat anxiously, that she had made something for him as a welcome home present. Detecting her almost apologetic tone, Syd said nothing and slowly pushed open the door. There on his bed lay a small, brown, crocheted bear, the same style as the baby boots she had made before. Syd made his way over to the bed solemnly. No sooner had he scooped up the bear than his eyes glazed over with tears, obscuring his vision before he even had a chance to admire his mother’s craft. He squeezed its stuffed middle and his breathing suddenly escalated; his heart grew heavy and he raised an arm to cover his eyes before sinking to the floor beside his bed. Already overwhelmed by everything that had happened, Syd didn’t manage to compose himself before he was overcome by fresh sobs, each one sending a shuddering pain through his chest. “What if we don’t get her home?” he whispered, tears cascading down his face as he squeezed the bear tight. “What if the baby doesn’t come home?”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Lucy

Misty Gray Misty Gray Conor, James (mentioned)
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson (mentioned)

Jason Costello

6184b694c3b8921750df23720783dd29.gif Jason closed his eyes to receive her kiss, and when he opened them again he saw her smiling at him. In his moment of insecurity and doubt, he was surprised to learn that Gwen considered him her life. She had a soaring career and, unlike him, a family to go home to. She had a daughter to live for, which perhaps gave her the biggest purpose of all. Yet here she was, insisting that he was important enough to her to be worth sticking around for.

When the subject turned to his getting fired, Jason sighed and leaned his head back against the cabinet, gazing wearily up at the ceiling. Gwen told him not to worry about it, but he was sure it would only be a kind gesture. Deborah was a professional director of the stage, and had probably given him more chances than he believed he deserved - not that he would remember - but she had seemed so final in her decision to fire him that he very much doubted there would be anything Gwen could do for him. Jason mustered a lopsided smile when she told him about her lack of chemistry with Ben. “And the rest…” he agreed, his voice left rough since his breakdown had died down. He had intended to say more, but his throat tightened, leaving him to dwell in silence over his wasted career.

Gwen climbed into his limp, weary arms and he leaned his head against hers, his distant eyes glazing over once again as he directed them to the wall ahead. A stray tear rolled slowly down his face when she spoke of their mutual problems with addiction and dependency, turning it into something that they could face together. Speaking of loving him, staying with him and having faith in the stars that had lead them back to each other drew a deep sigh from him, but it was one more of peace than of distress. He felt her kiss his hand and saw her looking at him out of the corner of his eye, but he remained in his position, simply taking in the comfort of her company.

“Thanks,” he mumbled, giving her a light squeeze as he held her in his arms. “Thanks for turnin’ up for me. I know it’s not pretty, this mess we’re in...You’d halve the problem if ye just cut me out. But here you are wit’ me, anyway.” A moment of silence passed while the fatigue, alcohol and the blow to the head he had suffered all combined to slow his brain down. When he eventually tuned back in, he found himself thinking about Deborah again, the way she had shouted at him, and picturing the man who would be replacing him on stage. “Ben’s no lead,” he piped up, seemingly at random. “He’s not got the presence. He doesn’t deserve t’dance wit’ you up on that stage the way we do. You’ll never find that chemistry wit’ him, Gwen, because he’s not - because he’s not in love wit’ you.”

Jason’s eyes instantly closed, stunned by his own words. He took an arm from around Gwen and reached up to subtly massage his forehead before turning to look her in the eyes. By this point his heart was pounding even more so than his head, but he couldn’t tear his eyes away. He raked a hand through his hair and drew a deep breath. “I love you, Gwen. I think I’ve always loved you, even when we were apart those 11 long years...and I know, from this point, I always will.” Despite the slight slur in his speech, Jason knew from the tingling sensation on his skin that he meant every word that fell from his lips. The word itself felt foreign on his tongue; it had an unfamiliar flavour to it that only left him wanting more. Jason gazed deeply into her eyes, his vision wavering slightly but always remaining on her nonetheless. He reached over to cup her face with one hand, gently running his thumb across her jawline. “I’ve never used that word in my life and meant it. Not even with family. You’re the first, the only one. You’re all I have, all I need and all I want. I love you. I love you so, so much…”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Lucy Porter
gxl_557f0cf0-f234-49bb-b3d9-3ffe0a771fd0.jpg
Lucy watched him walk over to the bed watching her son closely. She wasn't sure what his reaction would be but she anxiously stood inside the doorway, holding her breath. Seeing him sink to the floor in tears was slightly relieving, not sure if she would have been able to handle him if he'd gotten angry again. Walking into the room quickly, Lucy kneeled beside Syd and wrapped her arms around him tightly. His questions broke her heart, they were questions that she'd never wanted her children to ask. Given that she was born into the life of the mob, since Lucy had been old enough to understand, she worried about the same thing, There was times when her father would be gone for days on 'business trips' and for a while, she led herself to believe that's what they were. Things really took a turn when the Romanos sought to destroy them. Lucy had been anxious like Syd to get into the business, to make her parents proud...but all of that came with a price.

Her father paid the ultimate price for her involvement and James had to take over. Now she was paying the price watching her children suffer at the hands of a life she had ultimately created for them. "We are going to get her back." Lucy said, her voice determined. She was not going to fail him like she'd failed the rest for so many years. "Everything is going to be okay. We are going to get her back, Syd. " She released him before moving to sit beside him, eyes looking towards the mirror that was propped up to the left of the bed.

Seeing their reflection, Lucy noted how tired they both looked. Lucy couldn't help but think she should have been firmer from the beginning about not wanting to raise a family in the life she had. Seeing Syd looking this way was a consequence of her weakness. "This family has been through 3 major wars..." she started, "You know, I was a 23 when I decided I wanted to be involved in the mob. Your grandfather never even bothered to give me a real chance as it was the 1940s. But being young, reckless and stubborn, I smoothed talked your father into allowing me to help him take out Vinnie Romano. Your father did well in teaching me to use a gun but there were many people moving around at this party...I shot Vinnie's wife. Lucy paused as she let out a shaky breath, "I payed for that mistake, this family paid for that mistake in more ways than one." Again Lucy looked at their reflection, this time shaking her head. "Seeing you this way, Syd, this is never what I wanted for you. I never wanted you to wonder if your family would come home, like I had to..." Lucy took Syd's hand as her eyes watered. "Roxie being taken, you having gone what you'd gone through, all of it. This is because of me, because I forced myself into a role that I wasn't meant to play." Lucy's eyes squeezed shut as she turned her head away from him.

"Your father would have never had to take over my father's business if I hadn't fell for Angel's ways. This life, it devastates family's. You think it'll get better with time but it doesn't. I was so firm on making sure you stayed out of this, I tried to be." Her voice cracked as she let out a shallow breath. "I've felt your pain before, Syd. With my father, with your father, with Conor, and you. It causes this paralyzing fear...I never wanted you to experience it." Lucy squeezed her son's hand before letting it go and moving her hands to her face as she wiped at her eyes. "We are going to find Roxie, your father and I will not rest until she is safe. We all love you Syd, your happiness is the most important thing to me and I miss seeing my smiling boy." Sniffling, moved to lean her head on his shoulder, "If there's one thing I've learned through my mistakes, through these constant wars...Our family doesn't leave anyone behind...it's all we have that'll last forever."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Maddox Parker

1552854232934.pngAs much as he was tempted to refuse the seat that was offered to him, on account of it being his seat and in his home that the intruder had let himself into, Maddox was fully aware he couldn't outrun the gun in Jackson's hand. He nodded his head and sat directly opposite Jackson, his eyes fixed on the gun that was being trained on him. When Jackson said he was a bad man, Maddox looked away from the weapon and instead to the man addressing him. He cleared his throat but maintained a neutral expression, one he'd perfected not only for the purpose of deceiving his enemies, but he'd been trained to adopt neutral expressions to assist in dealing with his clients for more helpful purposes.

Even with Jackson repeating his comment about him being a bad man, Maddox maintained silence. He was hardly going to admit to any of his crimes, be they against the law or morals, in front of a stranger. The man could be working for anyone by this point. However, when it was made clear Jackson knew what he'd done to Syd, Maddox sat back and swallowed hard to try push away the lump that had formed in his throat. Even without more being said, it wasn't something Maddox was proud of and recent weeks had led him to deep down regret what he'd done to Syd. He very subtly nodded his head, deciding the man already knew the truth and denial would be pointless.

Jackson spelled things out to him, reminding him of how much he'd messed with Syd's head despite the younger man having never harmed him. His actions for the purpose of destroying James Porter. A goal which he had recently come to realise brought him no happiness and no closure. He'd seen the Porters looking devastated as they visited Syd in hospital and he gained nothing from it. The hole left when his father was murdered was still present and hurting Syd had done nothing to heal those deep wounds.

Maddox nodded his head firmly when Jackson, now gaining confirmation the man was indeed one of Porter's men, rather than Moretti's or someone else's. "Well, I'm thankful for your self-control," he flatly began. "For what it's worth, I'd understand if you did. Syd Porter was not deserving of what was done to him and shouldn't have been made to suffer for his father's crimes."

Maddox raised a curious eyebrow when it was made clear his help was needed, which was why the gun in Jackson's hand hadn't been used on him already. The comment about not using Ani's life to threaten him was best left ignored. The less Jackson thought he cared for the woman, the safer she would be. He loved her and didn't want her to pay for him crimes.

"So it's safe to say you're one of Porter's men and I suppose I'm mostly surprised you're here rather than Conor. However, regardless of who you are, I'm willing to consider helping you. There's no need to threaten others' lives to 'encourage' me. And as I'd rather not meet the bullets in your gun, I'm all ears as to how I can help you." Maddox sat forward and his posture stiffened as he considered his next question. "I'm already aware Syd was released from the hospital earlier. So what else do I have to do?"

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Gwen Bryant
Rejected Gwen .png
Gwen laid comfortably in Jason's arms, allowing the silence to fill the room as she was sure he was not feeling to well after everything that happened. Gwen had closed her eyes for a moment but when he spoke, she opened them and turned her head up to look at him. Jason spoke rather randomly about Ben and Gwen raised her eyebrows at how strongly he felt about their chemistry. His reasoning caused her mouth to fall open slightly, wondering if she had heard him right, she moved to sit up in his arms.

Jason eyes closed but Gwen was staring at him openly as a small smile formed on her lips. He continued on to say that he loved her and a surprised laugh escaped her as she smiled widely at him. His words were slurred and he was still drunk beyond belief but Gwen didn't care. He cupped her face and she leaned into it as she placed her hand on top of his. He said those words again, and another time and Gwen couldn't contain herself anymore as she leaned into kiss him passionately.

After a few moments, Gwen pulled away only to lean her forehead against hers. "I can't believe you just said that." She whispered, before moving to kiss his nose. "I love you too." She murmured. Seeing that his eye was getting worse made Gwen worry and the smile she had on her face faded slightly. Moving to grab the glass of water, she lifted it to gently rest against his face. "Let's live long enough to show each other just how much we love each other, yea? I need you to promise me this Jason...please. No more drinking." Gwen knew she needed to promise him that she would never touch a needle again...but the guilt hit her painfully in the chest. Love was about trust, free of lies....but she couldn't tell him the truth. Gwen would get sick again if she were to stop the heroin, she didn't want Jason to relapse again.

"And I..." Gwen hesitated, "I promise to never touch heroin again." No going back. The happiness she had been feeling over Jason returning her love was quickly being replaced by a numb feeling. This was to save their relationship...it was the only way it would. It would work, she would figure it out somehow. Gwen was determined to make sure she lived through this as she'd always been with Lorelei. Now she had another person relying on her and she was going to make it happen. "I will always love you, Jason Costello." She said with conviction before moving in to kiss him again.

They kissed for a long time before Gwen moved to curl up against his chest, making sure her face was out of view as she stared ahead towards the wall blankly, guilt consuming her on what should be the happiest moment of her life.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Owen Yu

Smoking.jpgOwen scanned the room again, but it didn't change what he already knew before he was even told to sit down. There was no escape route. He was trapped.

Sure that the goon in the corner of the room was eyeing him, he took the cigarette he was given from his ear and rolled it between his fingers. Even though he was hearing what Misty Gray Misty Gray was saying, he was more concerned with trying to ignore the slowly encroaching walls. Closing his eyes and leaning his head back, Owen didn't answer the man for what seemed like eternity, but he needed the time to think about what the man had said. Focusing on the faint noise of the jukebox playing beneath them, he let the music help ease the tightness that had been building up in his chest.

Eventually Owen leaned forward and finally put the cigarette that he'd been fiddling with in his mouth. Opening his eyes to light it, he took a few draws before his gaze leveled on the the man that sat across from him and Pyroclast Pyroclast .

"No."

The word was quiet, but it was still louder than the ambient noise of the nightclub that hadn't quite opened for business downstairs. Owen was still unsure of their situation, but he'd come to realize that the man was far simpler than Father, despite there being a similar air. Danny and he were at his mercy until the man mentioned the potential importance of the letter, which he severely doubted, but the man didn't know that and Father hadn't raised a fool.

"First off, I don't know who the fuck you are. So if you want anything else outta me, you're gonna have to start playing a straight with me..." Owen paused for a split second to correct himself, "...us. And yeah, I'm hip to the fact that you could kill the both of us, but for all we know, that was already the plan. So how about you start by telling me what I was supposed to do at a pub after being stood up by a dead man. It's either that or just shoot us."

Despite his brazen words, Owen could feel his heart beating like a flurry of pigeons taking off, but he had nowhere to run. To top it off, his efforts to disguise his increasingly ragged breaths had done a number on the cigarette and it was burning low.

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

7ba6dfe92dfc9d92a6768b2406b4b52d.jpg
As Maddox spoke, Jackson's gloved hand drifted into his blazer. His hand stuck into a pocket inside his coat. Was it a blade? Was it perhaps another handgun? Jackson smoothly brandished what just appeared to be a pack of Marlboros from his jacket. Pushing open the lid, he slid out one of the sticks with his thumb and pulled it from the box with his lips. His predator-like eyes traced back up to Maddox as he asked what else he'd have to do. Instead of answering Maddox right away, Jackson took his time getting himself comfortable. He snapped open the green-painted zippo lighter by flicking his wrist and then brought the flame close enough to his face to ignite the tip. He then snapped the zippo back up and stuffed it into his pocket.

Jackson rested his head against his shoulder, taking a long, deep drag of the cigarette stuck between his fingers. The sliver of Jackson's eyelids slowly expanded as he let out a deep, dense cloud of smoke into Maddox's kitchen. He looked down at the cigarette as he flicked off the ash from the nose, directly onto the glass table. "What else," Jackson repeated what Maddox said, nodding his head slowly at the man's nerve, a condescending smile creeping onto his lips. His eyes flickered back up to Maddox, staring through the calm mask Maddox was desperately trying to wear. "You're gonna do something that just barely puts you on a path that my associates consider redeemable." Jackson made sure to speak slowly, to reinforce the idea that they were on his time, not Maddox's.

"Roxie Carriveau was kidnapped by your buddies, the Morettis." Jackson motioned to Maddox with the cigarette, pointing to him like it were an extension of his hand. "You're going to figure out where she is." Jackson cocked his head, shrugging with his open hands.

He stuck the cigarette back between his lips, leaning back in his chair to gauge Maddox's reaction. "And if you don't," Jackson started, looking up to the ceiling as if he were thinking off the top of his head, "Then I'm gonna hurt you more than those greaseballs ever could." Jackson shrugged once more. "And then, I'm still gonna make you find Roxie, just without a tongue." His face was completely passive, showing he didn't remotely enjoy any of this. "But as you said, you're all ears to how you can help me."

Last edited:
Maddox Parker

1552854232934.pngMaddox glared at Jackson as he it up a cigarette and casually set about flicking the ash onto his dining table. As much as he disapproved of the action, the counsellor wasn't the one holding a gun to the others' head, so he was hardly in a place to request the smoking ceased in his home. Besides, when the man had initially reached into his jacket, Maddox had briefly worried another weapon would be brought into view rather than cigarette box.

Jackson took his time about getting comfortable and answering Maddox, which only added to Maddox's own discomfort, which he'd for the most part been able to conceal well, so far. Eventually, Jackson decided to respond to the counsellor. Though the smile he displayed was patronising, there was also something unnerving about the man's demeanour. Maddox usually found he was the one enforcing long silences, as a means to allow his patients to reflect on their deeper thoughts, but in this situation, Maddox was being made to endure Jackson being the one in control of the room and conversation. It was less familiar territory to Maddox, which the situation's context and the gun being aimed at him did nothing to reduce the tense atmosphere.

When it was revealed that Roxie had been kidnapped, Maddox didn't attempt to hide the surprise from his face. His eyes had briefly opened wide before he recovered. "I..." he began. He stopped as he tried to figure out how plausible it was that the Morettis would kidnap Roxie, considering she was Stefano's daughter - a man very much directly on Gabriel's side and with a lot of power to go with it. However, the reminder that she was pregnant and with Syd Porter's child made it very much a possibility. Anything to get at the Porters.

Jackson made it clear that Maddox was to use his position with the Morettis to find out where Roxie was. Despite the threats towards him, Maddox wasn't inclined to do as Jackson told him. "Where are you from?" he asked, a very slight falter in his voice. The man clearly wasn't American and given Maddox's own upbringing living with Irish family and an English stepfather, it seemed more likely Jackson was also from across the pond. "I mean, how much do you know about Moretti and his associates? I said I was all ears, but i have a brain," he said, reaching to tap his forehead. "So you have to know what you are asking me to do. Is that why Conor isn't here doing it? Working with the Porters and my professional colleagues to get Syd out of the hospital is one thing, but..." Maddox sat forward, resting his elbow on the table and covering his mouth with his hand as he quickly shook his head. "I can't..." he reluctantly admitted, moving his hand away from his mouth before quickly shaking his head.

"Something I suspect you're all unaware of is that Roxie's own father is working very closely with Gabriel Moretti. The man is out for Syd's blood and I've got to explain to both of those men, as well as others, why Syd is out of hospital and not dead by now." Maddox ran his now shaking hand down his face as he let out a conflicted breath. "I can't do that. I'm already on borrowed time, so if they get wind that I'm snooping for information about Roxie, I'll be as good as dead, as will those close to me. I kept to my end of the deal about helping Syd. Why didn't Conor come to ask this of me rather than send whoever you are to do this? If you knew why I did what I did, you might understand why Conor hasn't killed me already. I want to do whatever its reasonable to redeem myself, but walking into Moretti's office to cross him again is too dangerous." Maddox bit down his bottom lip and he looked passed Jackson. He'd promised Ani they'd be able to escape the city together and find a better life, but now he was having to choose if he'd rather Jackson or Gabriel killed him. The anxiety was by now showing on his features. How could he possibly get Gabriel or even Stefano to tell him where Roxie was?

Enzyme Enzyme

Sinead Callahan

annotation-2020-02-25-175420-png.684416
Sinead couldn't help but smile brightly as she looked to Peter and saw him looking just as happy as she was. She'd been wanting to try for another baby for some time and to know Peter wanted the same and wasn't just agreeing to please her made her feel ecstatic by their newly made decision. She giggled when he assured her he was in no rush to move their date on to the bedroom. With her glass refilled she took it in her delicate hand and had a small sip of wine. "I know you're not that kind of man," she softly replied and placed the glass back down.

As Peter did, SInead also returned to eating her steak. My her small mouthfuls, she was slower to finish her meal than her husband was "I have every faith you will sweep me right off my feet. You often do," she assured him. Granted, it wasn't often or recent that they'd had a special time together like they were now. When she finished her meal, Peter took her hand and helped her out of her seat. "I would love to dance with you, honey," she told him, getting lost in her husband's eyes for a moment before being led to the piano.

Sinead felt a fluttering in her chest as Peter put his arms around her to hold her close to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and let out a content smile as he rested his head on hers. She too closed her eyes as she listened to the music and move along to it with Peter. "I love you too, so please don't stop telling me you love me," she sweetly told him. There were times where she'd felt unwanted and like Peter no longer wanted to be with her, not to mention the days when her anxiety got the better of her and convinced her she was ugly and unwanted. It meant a lot to know after everything they'd been through, her husband still loved her like she loved him.

There was a 'but' which caused Sinead to look up at Peter. "But?" she repeated, a slight concern showing on her face. When he apologised for not being with her at Ryan's funeral, she lightly nodded. "It's okay. I... I wished you had been there with me, but I understand why you weren't. I would never go behind your back and Ryan had been my friend since I was a child, but I guess I understand. I think I'd have been jealous if the roles were reversed," she admitted. "Just stay with me now, Petey. We have to support each other and be honest with each other. Everything's going crazy around us and I'm scared about what else might happen," she said, having already been dragged into the new war by the East Harlem lot. "With you here I feel safe and the thought of having another baby gives me more hope; more to fight for and to be excited about."

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Jackson McCarthy

Jake-Gyllenhaal-2017-GQ-France-Photo-Shoot-004.jpg
Jackson's eyes narrowed as Maddox's calm demeanor withered away like a sandcastle built too close to the shore, each wave of uncertainty washing away the makeup of his mask and leaving behind the naked coward Maddox was. Jackson stayed quiet as Maddox threw countless questions at him, trying to find any excuse he could cling to tangibly. He let the man bounce question after question off of him as if Jackson were a brick wall. Instead of satisfying Maddox with answers, Jackson instead calmly smoked his cigarette, periodically dumping the accumulating ash onto the glass table. Even at the mention of Roxie's father being closely affiliated with Gabriel, Jackson's expression remained unaltered. He had only been dumped into this mess a few months ago, so faces were still blurry, and most of the information he was given was brand new. He had no relation with the Moretti's, other than cutting off the fingers of an informant. Here, he only did his job, and no feelings were tethered.

"It was the sessions Conor had with you." Jackson finally responded, waiting for the cigarette to burn to the filter nearly. "While he despised you, Conor is a gentle giant. Killing you would maybe leave a bad taste in his mouth, but he'd do it." Jackson leaned in now, his passive face dropping to that of a twisted snarl as his voice dropped. "What I'm capable of, he wouldn't be able to stomach." Jackson leaned back in the chair, his expression returning as quickly as it had dropped. "That is why he sent me."

Jackson allowed the silence to envelop their dark encounter, as he stuffed the burnt-out cigarette behind his ear. "You know, you remind me a lot of your father," Jackson said, picking up the silenced M1911 off the table. "You like to wear this skin that isn't yours. This identity that you're tough as nails, sharp as a knife." Jackson racked the slide slightly, revealing that a .45 ACP round was loaded in the chamber. "In reality, you're both manipulative cowards who hide behind others when the heat gets turned up." Jackson lowered the pistol to where it rested on the table, it's barrel aimed at Maddox's sternum, Jackson's gloved finger over the trigger.

"For dear ol' Richie', it was his cousins," Jackson tsked, shaking his head lightly. "He always thought he was a step ahead of the curve. He thought he was cold enough to fuck us, to refuse direction. He didn't know what cold was." Jackson's face held no smile, instead, his face was deathly serious, as if the memory enraged him. "Seconds before I shot him in the head, he greeted me to his table with a smile. I felt nothing but the kickin' of my pistol."

Jackson leaned his elbow on the table, the aim of the pistol still on Maddox's chest. "So, when I tell you I'll nail your balls to that chair and force you to watch as I cut your girlfriend up into little pieces, know I'm not fucking with you like your father tried to fuck with me." Jackson's jaw clenched now, his eyes staring daggers into Maddox's. "I'm a man of my word." A brief silence consumed the room once more as Jackson stared down Maddox. "If you don't find Roxie, the Morettis won't even get a chance to touch you or Ani." Jackson's stare relented, his tone instantly shifting to his calm and collected self. "If you do, you leave New York a new man, in one piece."

Tony Harris

1583408200126.png

It had been far closer than he had wanted. Losing his friend. His best friend. Hell one of the only people who he really counted as a friend to be honest. First to the Porter goons, and then to Gabe. Moretti had killed people for a lot less, let alone breaking under pressure and their confession resulting in the loss of a shit ton of gear. But Tony had stood by Teddy’s side, and thankfully he hadn’t been alone, Elvian and Valentina had come together as well. And as much as Tony had sway in the organisation, those familial voices went a hell of a long way.

It had been a quiet month, mostly spent in recovery and performing light duties. Tony had finally lost the sling and various bandages around his ribs, and was getting closer to 100%. His shoulder still suffered from some stiffness, which he understood was pretty much the best case scenario given his injury, and would take another few months to heal completely. For now it was light duties and jobs, standard debt collection, escorts and shake downs. For once Tony wasn’t upset about the lack of action. After the whirlwind weeks of action he had emerged bloody, bruised, and very much aware that this wasn’t going to be a quick knockout of a fight, this was a prolonged slog, and stamina was very much needed. It was part of the reason why he had suggested bowling. A nice escape from work, and a chance to catch up with Teddy without having to take constant breaks to smash a few skulls together or take part in a running gun battle. It had been a bit of a joke originally, Bowling, given Teddy’s… new limitations. But he’d liked the idea, some more practise for him, so Tony had been happy to oblige. Even better to get a win out it.

Tony scratched a 4 with the stubby pencil in the box under Teddy’s name.

“Ooh… almost had it their mate. Those pins were quakin’ in their boots,”

He smiled up at him, sprawled across the lane seats. Casual was the word of the day, his coat was dumped over one of the seats. Jeans and a Millwall shirt, not that any of the Yanks ever recognised it. It was all baseball and Gridiron over here, both took for bloody ever to finish, and even though watching Gridiron got the blood pumping, it still took bloody hours. He pushed himself up from the seats, and stretched out his arm. He gingerly picked up the green 12 pounder, giving it a few practise swings.

“Not bad mate, not bad at all. Glad for the R&R to be honest. Maybe it’s the age catching up with me, or a few too many niggles and knocks. But I need a bloody rest.”

He went silent and his eyes narrowed, focusing in on the lines of restacked pins. He took a short run up and with a swing released the ball, leaving it to hurtle down the lane. Despite some early wobble, it was straightening up down the middle. Tony’s face began creasing into a grin, he could feel that strike coming….

“FUCKING SHIT!”

He yelled, causing several patrons to turn round in shock. The ball had ploughed straight through the centre, wiping out the centre 6 pins, yet despite some wobbling, the two leftmost and rightmost remained standing. He stood up shaking his head.

“Stupid blood game anyway… besides you’re the one we should be worryin’ about Teddy. What those fuckin’ Micks did to you, and what they made you say. Makes my fuckin’ blood boil. I wasn’t goin’ to see you get thrown under the bus. We’re goin’ to make this right, this ain’t just your burden. We’ll square your debt with the boss, get some fuckin’ payback on those Mick bastards, and we’ll be back on our ‘A Game’ in no time,”

( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Teddy)

Maddox Parker

1552854232934.pngWhen Jackson spoke of how Conor was a gentle giant and couldn't stomach doing what Jackson was capable of, Maddox nodded his head in a way that would should he knew that. It hadn't been difficult working as Conor's therapist whilst the man was in prison. Even though his initial plans to get Conor out of jail had been as a means to gain the man's trust so he would be compliant, it still hadn't been hard to rewire Conor's thought processes and behaviours to limit his aggression. The fact was, Conor was a dangerous and strong man when provoked enough to react violently. But Maddox grew to realise Conor was a good man and one who typically only hurt others to protect the people and things he cared about, not out of a desire to harm others or an innate love of violence. It had been easy to work with Conor and fulfilling to help the man because a part of Maddox had grown to like Conor. That's what had hade it practically impossible to finish Moretti's plan and shatter the Sullivan man's mind into pieces. "He's a good man," Maddox admitted, unable to stop himself from saying so. When it all boiled down to it, Maddox had come to learn the Morettis were far worse than the Porters. Still, despite gaining no pleasure from seeing James suffering, the counsellor could never forgive him for what he had done. He believed the Irishman had slipped too far from the merciful boss he was known as back in Chicago and the early days in Dublin. Maddox believed none of the men presently controlling the city's biggest gangs deserved to be in such a position of power.

Jackson seemed to make an unrelated turn, steering the conversation to Maddox's own father. As he compared Maddox to Richard, Maddox sat up straight and maintained his gaze in Jackson's direction. He quickly shook his head as Jackson called them both manipulative cowards. "You're wrong. My father had been a good man trying to make the best life he could for his kids. His downfall was a product of the Porters infecting Dublin. They were bullies who created fear in the city and led my father to desperation."

Maddox was dragged away from his defending of his father when Jackson revealed he had been the one who murdered his father. Maddox sat back as his heart began to race in his chest along with the feeling of his stomach turning. Jackson had continued speaking, threatening him and Ani should he not find Roxie. Though he acknowledged the words, his mind was still stuck on the fact he was seated opposite his father's killer after all of those years. "I don't even know you, but I've spent many years hating you. Imagining the day I would meet the bastard who killed my father. Hoping I'd get to watch you suffer a slow, painful death. I fucking hated you," Maddox hissed, the burning fury flickering in his eyes. But it seemed to flicker out, as if extinguished in an instant to make way for an emptiness. Maddox slammed his hand on the table, though not in anger towards Jackson but in frustration at the outcome. "I wanted to watch James Porter suffer as everything crumbles around him. I imagined it for years. But for what? I saw him at the hospital a few weeks ago. A broken man who's family were suffering around him - his own son driven towards attempting to kill himself. I felt nothing. No pleasure at seeing James in distress. No... closure. It did nothing to bring my father back and nothing to fill the void the Porters had left in my family's hearts all of those years ago."

Maddox quickly shook his head as he tried to fend off the tears that now escaped his eyes. "Finally sitting face-to-face with my father's killer hasn't healed anything; it hasn't brought back what I've lost," he said meeting Jackson's eyes. "I should be thinking of a way to kill you and to make you suffer, now I know who you are. But I don't. I don't want to keep doing this anymore. I've come to realise the very men I associated myself with are far worse than the family I've been trying to destroy for all of these years. I can never forgive or stop hating James or whoever the fuck you are, but I regret what I've done to Syd and to Conor."

Maddox felt himself shaking as everything began to overwhelm him. He needed time to process how he felt about finally meeting his father's killer and the fact any desire for revenge had apparently left him before now. However, he knew Jackson only wanted to get his way and for him to find Roxie. "The Morettis are dangerous and have no boundaries when it comes to hurting their enemies. They have allies throughout the city, having gained loyalties from the gangs the Porters have crossed or intimidated in the past. They've recruited solders to their side and even have some cops eating out of their pockets. If your guys do find Roxie, you'd better make sure they're armed and ready for anything," he warned him.

Maddox let out a long sigh. "I will help find Roxie; see what I can draw out of Gabriel. I don't want to know Syd is suffering further, not if there's a chance I can help him... this time," he said acknowledging the terrible things he'd done to the man. "And I can't live knowing an innocent woman and her unborn child were harmed whilst I did nothing about it. Please, just keep Ani out of this while I get what you need..." he said, confirming he would cooperate.

Enzyme Enzyme

Last edited:
Conor Sullivan

1582578806440-png.684010
Soon enough, the situation in the lounge calmed down. Conor stood on the spot as he watched the others start moving about. Jackson left to get to Maddox, which Conor hoped would prove successful. He watched on as Lucy took Syd out of the room. It hadn't escaped Conor's attention how exhausted and potentailly ill his sister looked. It pained him to see his sister suffering so much. As his eyes diverted to James, he saw how everything was stressing the man, even if he hid it well. Conor let out a deep breath as his thoughts lingered on how those around him were all tired and suffering.

Conor looked over his shoulder to Aliana and sat on the sofa beside her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and placed a kiss on the side of her cheek, ignoring the slight soreness of his stinging cut lip. "I could never have hit him, y'know. He's my nephew and no matter how much he was getting in my face, I wouldn't hit the lad," he firmly assured his wife. He rested his head against hers as he took in her warmth beside him. "Do you think i've done the wrong thing? That I've let Syd down?" he softly asked her. "I was trying to do my best in dealing with this. I thought if we kept Parker on side, we could use him for information and use him against Moretti. Not only that, but I had to make sure Syd got out of that place and I don't want to end up back in prison. If I'd killed Parker I'd have been sent back to jai to rot or to become a sitting duck waiting for Moretti to get me killed. I saw no other way of doing this, yet I feel like I've let everyone down. Have I disappointed you?" he asked Aliana.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:
Jackson McCarthy

Jake-Gyllenhaal-2017-GQ-France-Photo-Shoot-004.jpg
Jackson stayed quiet throughout Maddox's rant, his eyes drifting to the scenery of the man's apartment, which he had become acquainted with from the time he'd spent waiting for Maddox to arrive. The handgun remained folded over Jackson's gloved hand, and the barrel still pointed at Maddox. As Maddox mentioned how he should be thinking of ways to make Jackson suffer, the hitman's eyes swayed back to his target. Maddox ended his spiel with the confirmation that he would obey Jackson's order to find Roxie. After his last words, the room returned to silence, once unnerving, but now familiar. Jackson studied Maddox, from his shaking hands to his sweat-riddled brow. Jackson's gaze remained cold, his body still as a statue.

"You like to think you're a deep, conscious man who's just a victim of the world's lashings. A product of your environment, forced to manipulate, forced to dismantle." Jackson's voice was raspy and deep from his lack of use. Another moment of silence fell as Jackson slowly nodded his head, his stare suggesting that he saw through Maddox's eyes as if they were an opening to his soul. "You may have everyone fooled, even yourself." Jackson's deathly stare didn't falter as he paused. "I think you're just a sore loser." He didn't care if Maddox responded to what he had to say, any rebuttal to what Jackson considered a simple fact would be Maddox enjoying the sound of his own voice.

"You can spin a story quite well; I'll give you that much. I'd be more careful if I were you, as that's what got you in this mess in the first place." Jackson stood up slowly, letting up a pent-up sigh. He pulled the handgun with him, dragging it off the glass table. Jackson moved slowly around Maddox, the 5'10 man towering over the sitting shrink. He then bent down beside Maddox, his nose inches from the side of his head. Jackson swung the M1911 under Maddox's arms, pressing the heavy barrel against the bottom of his jaw. The tip of the silencer slowly pushed Maddox's chin up, nuzzled into his skin. "Your father would be so disappointed to see you perish at my hands," Jackson whispered into Maddox's ear. "You have two weeks. We'll be watching you very closely."

Jackson then stood up, fitting the silenced handgun into his blazer. He then moved to the front of Maddox's door, slowly dragging the deadbolt out of its locked position. Without looking back, he stepped out through the door, disappearing into the hallway.

Ani Sarraf
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.45.07 PM.pngAni had agreed to move in with Maddox after what happened to her. The grieving process of losing her brother was painful but the paranoia of what Alistair could do next was what was keeping her up all hours of the night. Though she had never been antagonized at her work, Ani was always alert. She felt like she couldn't trust anyone that somewhere, eyes were on her and ears were listening. The encouraging words that Maddox's deal with the Porters was nearly finished had soothed her nerves somewhat. Ani wanted to get as far away from the city as possible and she couldn't wait any longer. If she did...she didn't know if she was strong enough to battle anymore paranoia.

Work had gone by slower than expected giving Ani too much time to think and get into her own head. As it got later, 4 patients came in and 3 of them had needed immediate surgery. Ani was able to get her mind off of everything for the rest of the shift and as she finished, she was in a more chipper mood. Maddox had offered to pick her up from her shift and Ani was more than happy to let him. Walking outside of the hospital, Ani wrapped her arms around herself as the wind blew against her. Looking from left to right, she surveyed her surroundings before moving to take a seat on one of the benches.

Holding herself tightly, Ani looked at the parking lot, cars pulling in and out of spaces. Thinking about where Maddox and her were going to escape to, the familiar car pulled up and she quickly walked over and hoped into the passenger seat. "Hello, darling." Ani murmured to Maddox before leaning in to kiss his cheek. A smile played on her lips, expecting him to return it, she was surprised when he didn't. "Are you ready to get out of this hellhole?" She asked before tilting her head. The atmosphere from earlier before work wasn't the same now, the sense of freedom at last had vanished.

Ani's smile slowly faded from her lips as she looked away from him, looking ahead out the windshield. Something in her gut was telling her that plans were changing, there was no other reason as to why he wouldn't be confident in leaving. "We're not packing our bags." Ani stated. "What more could they possibly want from you?"
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gabriel Moretti

1572126158999-png.640793
Gabriel sat back in his seat, quietly observing as Rhys explained his plans and Alistair reacted as appropriate. Rhys had removed the blueprints to a telephone, which caught Gabriel's attention, leading the man to sit forward with great interest. As it was revealed the blueprints were of James Porter's phone, a crooked smirk formed on the Italian's lips. Though he wasn't completely sure, he assumed Rhys would have something more than interesting up his sleeve.

Gabriel refilled his drink as Rhys made it clear the telephone would be used to house explosives with the intention of blowing up not only James' office, but the Irishman himself. Gabriel ran his index finger over his top lip, unable to hide the smile from his face as the plan to kill James was laid out. Not only would the Irish Boss be killed, but there would be as good as no risk to Gabriel's or Alistair's men, thanks to his consigliere's expert planning. There was a reason Gabriel had placed Rhys into such a high position within his ranks and the adviser was proving himself worthy of the Italian's trust.

Gabriel nodded with approval as Rhys finished setting out his plan but he remained silent as he allowed Alistair to speak up first. The Italian was pleased to hear Alistair was willing to offer some of his men as all three men present in the room were working towards the same goal, which was to kill James Porter and collapse his empire. However, the East Harlem leader spoke more and made his feelings clear. It was obvious that Alistair and Rhys weren't fans of each other, with both of them making it clear to Gabriel they didn't quite trust or like each other. They weren't the only ones to show disdain towards each other, with Teddy and Maddox having often showing signs to that extent. Though he was far from ignorant of various associates' feelings towards each other, Gabriel didn't care if they were friends or not, as long as they were loyal to him and fighting for the same cause.

"There will be no stabbing people in the back, unless I order it," Gabriel spoke up in a dry tone. He sat forward and picked up the blueprints, taking a closer look over the paperwork. "I like this a lot," he eventually told them, nodding his head as he handed the blueprints back to Rhys to roll up again. "How many men do you need?" he asked Rhys for confirmation. He then turned to Alistair. "Which men do you propose providing us with for this task? It's vital this plan is a success as its past the time for Porter to be wiped out."

"I'm trusting you and Rhys will cooperate with each other to finalise the smaller details of the plan." Gabriel finally took a long sip of his brandy. "The only other points I need to make today involved Maddox and Teddy. I'll be meeting with Maddox as soon as possible for an update on his progress," Gabriel sat up straight to reflect his confident posture. "Theodore has been assigned to lesser duties for the time-being, until I'm happy he's repaid me for his failure. As close as it was, I made the decision to give him a second chance and my word is final. The man is popular with my employees and other associates. To kill him would have severely affected morale within the ranks and unhappy employees can easily become lazy or disloyal."

Enzyme Enzyme (Rhys) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Alistair)

Last edited:
Maddox Parker

1552854232934.pngJackson soon left the apartment, leaving Maddox to mull over how he was going to get the information needed out of Moretti. Not only that, but he had yet to fully process the fact he'd just been face-to-face with his father's killer. He didn't get too long to dwell before realising he needed to go pick Ani up from work and somehow tell her they couldn't leave New York yet.

Maddox was usually early, but on this occasion Ani had been waiting for him before he arrived. "Sorry I'm late, love," he softly apologised when she greeted him. Ani leaned in to kiss his cheek and Maddox apprehensively smiled at the gesture. She was going to be upset with him, of that he was sure. When she asked him if he was ready to get out of the city, he simply nodded his head and set off driving out of the parking lot.

"I cant leave yet, Ani. Syd is out of the hospital but something else had come up," he admitted to her. "Roxie has been kidnapped and the Porters are convinced Gabriel is behind it. I had a visitor earlier and he told me he was the one who killed my father for the Porters," he began, slowing to a stop at the red light. He bit his lip before returning to matter that was directly affecting Ani. "The Porters have given me two weeks to find Roxie. They've threatened us both and they'll be watching us closely in the meantime..." The sound of the horn from the car behind drew his attention to the fact the light had changed to green. Maddox held back from swearing but was quick to pull into a space on the side of the road.

Once the car was stopped and the handbrake on, Maddox turned to Ani. "I'm so sorry, Ani. I can't go anywhere yet. The Porters won't let me leave until they get Roxie back. I'm not sure how I'm going to get Gabriel to give me what I want without him growing suspicious. I'm sorry..." he said, looking into her eyes to gauge how she felt about him and the news.

Enzyme Enzyme Bellz Bellz

Ani Sarraf
Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.45.07 PM.pngAs soon as Maddox told her that he couldn't leave yet, Ani's smile disappeared from her features and she shook her head a few times in disbelief. They were so close, so close to getting out of the city but the Porters were going to use him until they had what they needed. They were no better than Gabriel and the rest, she was starting to realize. Hearing that he had been visited by the very man who killed his father was troubling, they were playing some sort of game with Maddox and Ani didn't like it one bit. A car horn blaring made Ani jump in her seat as she gripped her seatbelt that was around her, turning around she gave the asshole the finger before Maddox pulled off to the side of the road.

He pulled the handbrake and turned to her, an apologetic look in his eyes. There was really no way out of this mess. Silence filled the car as Maddox explained how he wasn't sure how he was going to get Gabriel to give him information without growing suspicious. Ani's lower lip trembled as she thought about what danger they were putting themselves in, how Maddox was being used as a pawn in all of this. "We are never getting out of here." She murmured defeatedly as she turned to look at her love. Reaching her hand out, she cupped his cheek gently and swiped her thumb underneath his eye.

The thought of not getting out of the city tonight was weighing heavily on her. Anxiety made her test tighten and it was becoming hard to breathe. She could no longer handle the constant nightmares and sleepless nights. It wasn't fair to Maddox that he had to stay, but she knew that if she didn't leave...she'd never survive. Gabriel and the Porters were the least of her concerns when it came to staying alive, she had to listen to herself and her body. Eyes burning, Ani shook her head and looked down at her lap as they spilled over. "I..." She croaked out before choking on air, clearing her throat quickly, Ani raised her head to stair into Maddox's eyes. "I can't stay here." She finally said and a sob escaped her as she moved to place both of her hands on his cheeks, holding his face firm. "I can't take this anymore Maddox, it's driving me to insanity. I can't sleep, I haven't been eating as much as I should. Everywhere I go I think I'm being watched. At night, I contemplate if it would be better to just take my own life instead of sitting around waiting for them to take it from me like they did Ammon." Squeezing her eyes shut, she tried to control her quick breathing but it was no use. Her body was in a state of panic and there was no talking herself down now.

"I can't be here anymore, this city, it haunts every fiber of my being. I don't want to leave you behind, but I know you are strong than me. I know you are able to handle the pressure and I thought I could too...but I'm cracking, Maddox. I don't know who this person is...but it's not me."
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Danny Vaughan

1583631021864.png Perhaps it was due to a build-up of stress and a lack of sleep, but Danny was struggling to get comfortable in the presence of the two men. Being interrogated by the mob was the last thing he was prepared to do at that moment; all he wanted to do was get high and continue with his work. It became harder to keep his eyes on the man when he realised his comment comparing them to the cops had offended him, but he managed to do so anyway, hoping to prove that he wasn't afraid. He felt almost offended himself at the implication that he would ever purposefully involve the authorities in anything, but quickly reminded himself that neither of the men had ever met him before and were probably just being cautious.

Thankfully, Owen took the man's attention off him by beginning to fill in the details about Ryan Donahue that Danny hadn't provided. He sat reclined in his seat as his friend took over. Despite his affiliation with the Irish Mob, it was hard to want to cooperate when the two men were clearly trying to intimidate them. He wasn't affiliated to them by anything other than money and a threat that Syd Porter once made - and, now, by his relationship with Savannah, although that didn't seem to have anything to do with mob politics. In fact, being with her only seemed to make everything feel less complicated.

Danny sent Owen the subtlest of nods, grateful to him for doing his best to protect him. But something about the way the mobster spoke about Ryan and the Emerald caught Danny's attention. It was like he knew more than he was letting on, as if he was just testing the pair of them to see if their information aligned with his, and it didn't sit right. Why should he withhold information while expecting Danny and Owen to give him everything? He didn't even know the person asking them questions. For all he knew, they might not even be affiliated with the Porters at all. "Why?" Danny asked calmly, folding his arms as he trained his eye on his interrogator. "What's at the Emerald? What do you know?"

It wasn't like Danny to test people, having always been one to give everyone the benefit of the doubt - but these weren't regular people, they were mobsters. Conversation had to be navigated with a very particular level of caution. Still, it surprised Danny when Owen tested their limits even further. He heard his friend's quiet objection and slowly turned to face him, surprised at how daring he was to speak to the men in such a way given their current position. However, he was making entirely fair points in Danny's opinion - apart from his suggestion that they shoot them.

"Hey, there's no need to shoot anyone, man," Danny couldn't help but interject, eyeing the man across the table somewhat nervously. They were supposedly on the same side, but after everything Owen had said, he suddenly felt even more defensive, like they were on a team of their own and potentially in danger. Nevertheless, he knew he had to be very careful in the way he dealt with the situation. "We're on the same side, remember. Ain't it best if we all work together on this? I mean, we all just wanna get to the truth. You're askin' all these questions but then you just skip past ours. What do you know about this Donahue guy? You talk like you know somethin' already, so if you tell us, maybe we'll get somewhere."

Interactions
Fletchawk Fletchawk Owen
Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam, Trent

Attachments

• 1583597532091.png
    1583597532091.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 0
Maddox Parker

1552854232934.pngWhen Ani said they were ever getting out of the city, Maddox looked ahead and gripped the steering wheel, despite the car being parked up. He dropped his head back and looked upwards as if trying to find hope from somewhere else. Ani clearly felt defeated and Maddox couldn't deny he was experiencing a kind of helplessness himself. He'd always been a controlled and level-headed man, but everything was piling up on him at once, including his concern for Ani's well-being and her grieving. He looked back to his lover and took a little comfort from the touch of her hand on his cheek as she stroked his skin with her thumb.

Ani looked down as her eyes filled with tears. Maddox was about to console her when she looked back up to meet his eyes and tell him she couldn't stay. Maddox met her gaze but for a moment he seemed in a trance as he tried to process her words, to somehow keep a straight face to hide the fact his heart was sinking whilst his chest tightening. The thought of not being with her was upsetting, despite until months ago having resigned to a life of vengeance-filled solitude. The very woman who had shown him a more hopeful path was now going to have to walk away from him. He knew it was selfish of him to judge her for wanting to leave, which was why he was trying his hardest to hold it together in her presence.

Ani explained how everything was driving her crazy and rendering her unable to sleep, unable to even live. "You deserved better than this,' he told her, his voice faltering. He turned away from her and ran his hand over his face, making an effort to hide his own emotions. He looked back to her and sighed as he studied her beautiful features. "Please, don't even think about taking your own life. It hurts to say it, but you have to take your life away from New York. You have to leave so you can be happy You're right," he said sucking in a deep breath as he choked back any tears. "I can't watch you suffering like this. I can't bear to imagine those bastards hurting you. I love you so much and I don't want you to go, but you have to."

Maddox reached out to stroke her face but quickly pulled his hand away as he was overcome with tears. He turned away from her, using his hand to shield his eyes as it felt selfish to show his upset and make things harder for Ani. "I wish the lot of those bastards would all just kill each other and be done with it. I'm sorry you were ever dragged into this at all, but I'm sorry my presence in your life complicated things for you further." He turned back to Ani and took in her features again. "I just want you to be safe and happy."

Bellz Bellz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back