• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Maddox Parker

tumblr_71f1f7bba8e65037020503526e81f2fe_b141e465_400.gifMaddox accepted Ani's hand, for a time looking down as he focused on their hands clasped together. In the moment, he was unable to look back up to her out of fear of seeing disgust on the good woman's face upon hearing he'd done to Syd what had been planned all along. Looking at both of their hands at least gave him a sense of warmth that only came with knowing that he wasn't alone. With his mother under her husband's thumb, his sister having moved on with her own family, along with the distance that separated them, he had been alone for some time. Driven by the need to fight against the bastards who had slaughtered his father and uncles had meant he'd been unable to commit to any woman since years before leaving Ireland. Yet, here Ani was. She was the only light in his life and he was sure it was her who had dragged out the part of his conscience he'd always been able to shut off when dealing with the Porters. Here she was, in his life and it pained him to recall Syd had unknowingly been the one to make it possible for him to fall in love. It was after one of their sessions, encouraging Syd to date Roxie, that the counsellor himself had taken a leap of faith and asked Ani out to the theatre. It was a conflicting situation; stuck between finding amusing irony in the Porters now giving him happiness after being the root cause of his grief and feeling guilty that Syd was likely the reason he was now close to Ani at all.

1575207745286-png.652696
Feeling Ani squeeze his hand snapped Maddox out of his thoughts and he walked with her as she led him somewhere private. Maddox stepped into the room and stood by as he watched Ani lock the door from the inside. He folded his arms as she took a seat on the bunk bed, only stepping forward and relaxing when she invited him to sit beside her. When asked if he was okay, he rubbed his hand through his hair and shrugged his shoulders. "I..." he began, biting his lip as he shook his head. He had to remind himself who he was with and that he could for once be open with his feelings. Everyone else he came across in his life he had to put up a front with. Gabriel and Alistair, he could only show his strong side, the one that craved revenge and yearned to watch the Porters crumble. With Syd and Conor, he'd had to put on an act; pretending that his primary motivation was to help them and make sure they got the best out of their lives. With his other patients and clients, he could only show them his professional side, to never weigh them down with his own concerns and be simply that of a confident, knowledgeable therapist. Ani was the only one he could be vulnerable around and the only one he trusted to see him in such a way. She wanted to know if he was okay and Maddox found it difficult to give a definitive answer. "For the first time in a long time, I honestly don't know, Ani," he admitted to her. "It's so easy to help my patients to explore their feelings and to identify what is burdening them, yet, I can't even figure myself out."

Maddox looked Ani in the eyes, trying to gauge whether she thought less of him knowing what he'd done to Syd. "I thought I'd be happy. I thought I'd feel some kind of weight lifted from my shoulders and some glory from chipping away at those power-hungry bullies. But, I'm not smiling, am I?" he asked. "So, I figure I should feel immense guilt. I consciously pushed Syd Porter, with the expectation he might kill himself or at the least his mind would break enough to have him sectioned. Maybe I should feel upset for him, but I just feel... numb."

Maddox reached out, taking hold of Ani's hand between both of his. "I think I'm just as trapped as you are, Ani. Gabriel, Alistair... they still want all of this and we're bound to do it their way. Next on their list is Conor and I know I have to do it for them, and for me." He tightened his jaw and shook his head. The realisation entered his thoughts as he knew what was missing, that it wasn't Syd's or Conor's downfall that will give him the closure he desired. "I won't lie to you and pretend I don't want any of this, but I take no joy from hurting Syd and Conor. Their undoing is just a part of the process. It's James Porter and whichever bastards fired those bullets. I want to watch them suffer and take responsibility for what they did." He loosened his grip on Ani's hand, seeing if she would rush to pull away. "Does that change how you feel about me?" he asked her, looking into her eyes.

Bellz Bellz (Ani)

Steve Kelly

1575481186244.png It wasn't long before Tony and Chuck both joined Steve behind the truck. Keeping themselves out of range, the three of them prepared their respective firearms. Adrenaline pumped through Steve's veins; as always, he was ready for conflict, so cocksure in their ability to win the fight despite not knowing exactly who they were up against. It was his usual combination of optimism and arrogance, something Steve was never short of. He nodded when Tony pointed out that they would have to lose them before continuing their delivery so as not to give away the whereabouts of the warehouse they were using. "I counted four of 'em," he weighed in. "Would've been one each if we weren't one down already, but I guess one of us'll get to be the lucky taker of two. We do whatever it takes to stop 'em, yeah? No hesitating, no mercy, and no getting fuckin' shot." A wide grin spread across Steve's face. "Let's go!"

Just as he was about to rise from his cover, another stream of bullet hammered against the truck and he ducked back down again, letting out a crazed, adrenaline-fuelled laugh. The second it stopped, however, Steve twisted upward and emptied his gun of all its ammunition. "STEP UP, YOU COWARDS!" he teased them, daring to stand in the open while the main body of the truck was targeted with a shower of bullets. "YOU STARTED THIS FIGHT, SO FUCKIN' FIGHT ME!"

Now that he had a fairly good idea of where each of the men were positioned, Steve spun around so that he was stood with his back against the side panel of the truck. While his movements were swift, he didn't rush or fumble as he slotted in his next magazine. Steve didn't have much of a fear response in general, but it was especially noticeable when surrounded by gunfire, having got used to it in his line of work. Once he had reloaded, he glanced through the driver's window, looking beyond Harry's corpse and out towards where the two opposing vehicles were parked. Chuck was busy putting holes in their tyres, providing a sufficient distraction - but the attack was preventing his targets from showing their faces.

With unwavering eyes trained on both vehicles, Steve lay in wait. The moment Chuck and Tony's firing ceased, he noticed an assault rifle rise up from behind the front vehicle and quickly thrust his own gun forward. He shot twice and the rifle fell away, only leaving Steve to assume he had made a successful hit.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Warren
Bugsy Bugsy Keegan
RayPurchase RayPurchase Tony

Warren Taylor

1575056801023-png.651997
Warren took a moment to reload his gun and regain his composure. His head then snapped towards Keegan as the man complained about being clipped. "Shit, man..." he began. He watched Keegan as he revealed the patch of blood, but it appeared it wasn't a wound that was going to put the older man out of action. They just needed to move faster. "You good?" he checked, though expecting the man would continue to fight on.

Declan and Quinn confirmed they were still okay and able to continue on with the attack, evoking a confident nod from Warren. Keegan then turned back to him and made it clear they needed to press forward. They'd already taken out one of the men but there were still three more fighting strong and there was an objective to deprive the enemy of the drugs they'd been so bold as to steal from the Porters. "Maybe it's time to blow that truck to shit..." he trailed off.

Warren fell silent as he listened to Steve demanding a fight. It was certainly tempting to give in to the man's request and kill the bastard for what he'd done to the family, but he knew it would be foolish to just step out into the open without thinking it through. Warren remained still as he listened to the bullets ripping into the sides of his and Declan's cars. He waited patiently for the brief silence, before rising up with the AK-47 in his hands ready to fire in to direction he'd pinpointed Steve's voice and gunfire originating from. However, having misjudged the situation, Steve was able to fire off two bullets at Warren. "Fuck..." Warren hissed as he dropped his gun and once again ducked down behind the shield that was his car. He clutched the top of his right arm with his left hand as the red liquid didn't hesitate to show between his fingers. With his injured right arm, he struggled to reach to the inside left pocket of his jacket. "Keegan..." he mumbled as he urged him to take the grenade out of his hand. "We've got to destroy those drugs," he firmly suggested. He nodded his head, urging the others to finish the job and worry about any injuries after.

Warren turned away slightly so that Keegan and the others couldn't see as he reached out to pull his rifle back towards him. He used the moment to look down and assess his injury, knowing the pain he was feeling wasn't just coming from his wounded arm. The upper right side of his shirt was already becoming soaked in blood from the second gunshot, one sent a bullet lodged in his chest. He pressed his left hand firmly against the wound, now leaving the more minor injury to his arm to bleed out on its own. He tried to lift the rifle in his right hand, but let out an exhausted grunt as he knew it was a wasted effort. He instead reached to his hip and retrieved his pistol, at least able to hold it in his right hand and try take aim if needed. "Shit... I can try cover you guys but..." he suggested as he tried to control his breaths. Deep down, he was aware of how much blood he would be losing but it felt wrong to stop fighting and to let the bastards get away with the goods. "Get 'em!" he hastily added as he tightly closed his eyes to try block out the pain. Despite the stubbornness he shared with his brother, Warren soon determined he was out of the fight if he wanted to increase his chances of not dying on the street. He turned so he was sat with his back propped up against the car, his hand remaining pressed against the chest wound. He knew he needed to conserve his energy and he'd be more of a liability if he attempted to advance on the truck they were trying to destroy...

Bugsy Bugsy (Keegan) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Tony)

Sinead Callahan

1574623443534-png.650297
Sinead couldn't help but smile as she saw Aliana's blushing on the subject of Conor. She was used to people telling her she was the one in the family who brightened their day when she was happy, but to her, she felt the hole when Conor was low. There had been a void for some time, but over the last couple of weeks, her brother had been more cheerful - genuinely back to his old self rather than hiding his troubles behind his usual laughter. It seemed the next mission was to get Lucy happy again, so all three of the Sullivan siblings could be happy. One might argue there are four siblings, but Sinead cut Carrick out of her life long ago! His happiness or sadness had stopped affecting her long ago...

Hearing Aliana talk about how good things had been with Conor back home made the redhead practically melt at the thought. "Ha. At least he's replacing it for you. I was buying so much ice-cream while he was staying at my house. I may well have to invoice him for it!" She nodded her head in approval after hearing all of the details. "That all sounds so sweet, Ali. I do miss my kids being little. Even when Emmy used to climb into bed and elbow me in the face..." she trailed off. She didn't want to think about how quiet the house would be once Emery decided to move into her own place. Granted, she would get to experience time with Peter without kids, given that she already had baby Savannah when she met Peter.

When Lucy told her Syd needed his space, Sinead reluctantly nodded. "Okay, Luce. But... don't leave it too long, yeah?" She let out a soft sigh. She felt like she could understand what Syd was feeling, given the way her family reacted when she was pregnant with Savannah. She remembered how good it felt when people finally accepted she was going to have her baby and even better when her mother finally softened towards Savannah. Hearing Lucy's doubts about the counsellor brought Sinead back to the present. She nodded in agreement as Aliana defended Dr. Parker given that he'd clearly helped Conor improve. "Yeah, he helped Conor get out of jail and we can all see how he's helped him to get his temper under control. Petey saw Dr. Parker too and I don't remember hearing any complaints. Maybe Ali's right. Syd and Conor are two very different people. I could talk to him if you want," she suggested. She felt she had some understanding of what it was it was like for Syd trying to overcome his difficulties and have to live on medication. She felt Conor's issues were down to behaviour that could be changed, but Syd's psychological difficulties were far deeper and not simply something that could be unlearned and consciously managed.

When Lucy went to get another drink, Sinead looked to Aliana and showed a worried frown as her friend expressed her concern. "I know. I want to tell Luce to go fix things, but I don't want to be told to butt out," she sadly admitted. "I want to celebrate that he's going to be a daddy. Savvy assures me that Roxie is a good person and I believe her. But James and Luce always have their heads screwed on... am I being naive again?" she thought aloud.

Lucy eventually returned to the booth but it was clear she was upset and not staying. Sinead shuffled aside a little to let her sister grab the bag and was about to ask what was wrong but Lucy cried out the answer before she could ask. Sinead was so shocked at seeing her sister upset that it took a moment to register what had been said. "What? Syd?" she quietly asked as the shock sank in. "Wait. Luce!" she called out, but her sister was already rushing out of the door. "Oh flipping shoot. Shit, Ali, not again," she worriedly said. She shuffled out of the booth and was ready to sprint after her sister. Instead, she collided with Scott, causing him to drop the drinks he was carrying and having her high-heels buckle beneath her making her fall into her hands and knees. Scott apologised and helped her to her feet, mentioning something about her grazing her knee, but she shook her head and ignored it.

"Come on, Ali," she said, taking her friend's hand before running out of the building. She was too late and instead saw Lucy speeding off in her car, weaving through the traffic. "What did she mean? Oh God. What if he does it?" she worriedly asked, wiping her tearful eyes with the back of her hand. "Where do you think she went?"

Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Danny Vaughan

1575513883377.png It wasn't exactly the date he had imagined, but he had to admit it felt good to be in Savannah's home for the first time. Even though it hadn't been planned, it did seem like a new boundary had been crossed and he felt a little closer to her for it, like their relationship had reached a new level. Part of him was a little on edge, constantly listening out for the sound of keys turning in the front door, but it was mostly overridden by the focus he had set on Savannah. She seemed to need someone with her in that moment, and despite the risk of being caught with her, he was more than happy to be that person.

Danny positioned himself on the sofa so that he was facing her and watched her as she hugged herself. She looked vulnerable and he just wanted to work out what he could do to make her feel like herself again. For that, he needed to listen. It made him smile when she told him that she wanted him to stay.

"You didn't ruin our date, Savvy," he calmly assured her. "All I wanted was to spend time with you, and it looks like that's exactly what I'm doing!" Her self-depreciating comment drew a soft sigh from him. If only she could see herself the way he saw her. "I'd ditch any party to hang out with you," he told her with complete sincerity. As much as Danny loved parties and bringing people together, he wasn't lying to try to make Savannah feel better. If he had the option to go out partying or to spend time with Savannah, he would definitely choose to be with her.

Danny made an effort to maintain a calm expression on his face while Savannah spoke of the man who had some sort of fixation on terrorising her. Her nerves were evident in the fast pace at which she spoke. Before he could find anything to say, she went on to talk about her struggles in managing her anxiety and how she related to her mother for it. "Fear is not unhealthy," he said. "Fear is built inside us all - well, most people - as a mechanism to keep ourselves out of harm's way. And sometimes it's not really welcome, because it gets in the way of something you wanna do, right?" He looked her in the eye as he spoke to maintain the conviction in his tone. "It only has power over us until we choose to defy it, and then it loses all its power because it realises it can't stop us anymore. I guess it's up to us as individuals when to agree with that fear and when to defy it. You wanna push it aside so you can live your life and do fun stuff like go out on dates with me, but your anxiety gets in the way. So ask your mom how she got back in control. If you share the same burdens as your family, at least you know you're not going through it alone. Ask them about their experiences, share how you feel. If you know anyone who has suffered the same thing you're suffering, then go and learn from them."

In a society where it was every man for himself, Danny often noticed how people preferred to suffer alone than to admit their feelings to each other. Most of the people he knew in this city he found were afraid of talking about anything deep in case they were forced to explore a part of themselves that they weren't comfortable with. Growing up in a community where avoidance was heavily discouraged, Danny wanted people to understand the power of open honesty.

Savannah demonstrated her honesty when she then admitted her regret that the man hadn't been killed. It surprised him to hear her say something so dark. Of course, he was coming to understand that her recent traumatic experiences were having quite a severe effect on her, but he hadn't considered that it might plant such sinister thoughts in her head. There were many people on this planet that Danny didn't approve of, but he believed that that kind of opinion was subjective and thus killing someone purely for not approving of them could go on to justify prejudice and even set the foundation for war. He chewed on his lip while she spoke, ruminating on what he would have to experience before he too wished death upon someone. Having put years of conscious thought into evolving his view of the world, he was fairly certain that those limits weren't within a close range, but he didn't know for sure. Savannah didn't seem like a violent person, but he hadn't known her long enough to know where her limits were. The ability to kill lay in everyone somewhere. In many people it lay so deep down that they wouldn't have given it any thought at all, but there were some who were extremely in touch with that side of themselves. Danny wondered briefly where Savannah lay on that scale.

Realising that he hadn't answered her question, Danny raised his head to look her in the eye. "No, I don't think less of you," he assured her. "I mean, uh...I don't think my beliefs have got much of a place here. This is your experience, not mine. I can hate the guy for what he's done to you, but..." he trailed off, not wanting to say the wrong thing nor voice his opinion when it wasn't relevant. "At the end of the day, Sav, I just want you to be and feel safe." He brushed his hand against hers before taking hold of it. "This guy is clearly involved in some bad shit to be behavin' the way he is, so I'm gonna bet karma will get him in the end." Sending her a smile, he let a small silence pass between them before asking, "Do you think your family are gonna kill him?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah

Gwen Bryant
Serious 70s Gwen .jpg
Jason reminded Gwen that he wasn't a good man to her back then but that caused the redhead to shake her head softly, he continued on and she listened as he told her that she deserved more than what he and her husband were. No you don't Her mind reminded her and despite the happiness she felt as Jason moved in close again, she found herself looking around the room, frowning.

A kiss was planted to the side of her head and Gwen let her eyes close a moment as she enjoyed the moment she was having with Jason. Even though she felt she didn't deserve any of his time or effort that he was making now, she was selfish enough to relish in his affections. The song came to an end and they both stood their moments after, holding one another in their arms. Gwen didn't want to let go but Jason took a step back with a sigh and smiled her way. Her lips turned up with the slightest of smiles and she sighed as well. "Fortunately for you, I am the best emcee in town, baby." She teased before walking towards the record collection as Jason headed into the kitchen.

Gwen fingered through the different record covers as she searched for something to play. She recognized a lot of songs from her own collection but one in particular stood out to her in that moment. Lifting it up, her fingers lightly traced the cover of "When I Fall in Love." Hair raised on the back of her neck as a distant memory creeped into the back of her mind.

Gwen squeezed her eyes shut and shuffled the record to the back before she was overwhelmed with feelings. Head turning to look at Jason as he swayed to the music in his head, chopping vegetables, she stared at him for a long moment as she clutched a record that she'd yet to look at to her chest. How she'd managed to get to this point in her life, she'd never know. The feeling of normalcy was so overwhelming that she felt on the verge of tears. It had taken years to block out the memories of her marriage but she would always remember how it felt to come home every night, the dread of having to deal with the man who was making her life miserable.

Jason may have thought he treated her terribly but Gwen didn't think he would ever know just how much she had missed him regardless of all that. Turning back to the records, she picked the next one which was Frank Sinatra's "Call Me Irresponsible.," on of Gwen's personal favorites.

Placing it in the player, the music started up and Gwen turned to Jason with a smile on her face, "Everything looks great!" She chirped before swaying along with the music as it started. Twirling, she reached for Ruben and held him in her arms as she cradled him like a baby. Gwen swayed and pretended to hold a microphone before singing along with Sinatra:

"Call me irresponsible, call me unreliable
Throw in undependable too
Do my foolish alibis bore you?
Well, I'm not too clever; I just adore you...."

Moving her hand away from under her mouth, Gwen pointed to Jason with a silly grin and placed Ruben on the ground before swaying over to the kitchen counter still singing along as she observed Jason cooking.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Ani Sarraf
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.39.06 PM.png
Ani was not surprised when he admitted that he didn't know whether or not he was okay. She had been anticipating this kind of thing since she was told about what was to be done with Syd. Giving him a sympathetic look, his eyes caught hers and she stared with wide eyes, observing him closely. Her brows furrowed together as he told her that he thought he would be happy or that he would have felt some weigh lift off his shoulders...but he wasn't smiling. Shaking her head as he asked her, she continued to look into his eyes as he explained what he thought he should be feeling.

This confused Ani a bit. She'd never thought to tell herself how she should be feeling, she always felt things with her gut and it always pointed her in the right direction. But for Maddox, it seemed like he was trying to tell himself how to feel to fill the void...which she wasn't sure was healthy. It was interesting how that worked, like he had said, he could easily help his patients but he couldn't figure himself out...

Ani didn't consider herself "figured out" but she had a great sense of moral direction. Every fiber in her being fought to escape the work she was forced to do because of the situation she had with Ammon. Fear was the only thing keeping her from running far away from the city. Maddox reached his hands out and took her hand in his, Ani looked at them for a long moment as he revealed that he felt just as trapped as she was.

A lump formed in her throat as she thought about what that meant for them. He continued to explain that Conor was next on the list and his obligations to perform that task as well. Ani knew she had to be understanding of Maddox's reasoning but she didn't like seeing him like this. Listening to every word he spoke about the Porter's, Ani understood just how deep his hatred ran.

The only reason he was staying and not running, was revenge. But when it was over, if it would ever be over, what would he want to do with his life then? Could they do anything with their lives? Would they be given the chance to start over? These questions raced in Ani's mind as Maddox asked her if him wanting to watch the Porters suffer changed the way she felt about him. Her face broke out into a soft smile unexpectedly as she let out a light laugh at the question. His hand loosened from her own and she released his to bring both of her hands to his face. Cupping his cheeks gently, Ani brought her lips to his forehead before moving to his mouth. After a moment, she pulled away but kept her hands on his cheeks, "You're hatred stems from your pain, understandably so. Nothing will change the way I feel about you, but Maddox, you shouldn't tell yourself that you have to feel a certain way. Sometimes, numbness is an expression of emotion all in itself. Its not what you were expecting, I know, but to watch you tear yourself down for not responding the way you thought you would, it hurts my heart." She admitted before moving her hands down his face and chest to his hands again.

"We could leave all of this behind. Start somewhere new. After you've done your part we could run away. I've thought it over and I care for my brother so much that I believe putting him in a ward will be the best thing for him." Ani's eyes were wide as she watched his face, trying to gauge is reaction.

"This trapped feeling, it doesn't have to be forever. It shouldn't be our forever." She murmured, squeezing his hands, "I love you. Forever and always."
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Tony Harris

Tony dipped his head out from behind the van as Steve kept up the covering fire. The kid was doing a good job, their tyres were taken out, and possible one of them was down, that AK had dropped out of sight pretty sharpish. The tide was turning in their favour, but he knew they couldn’t stick around. Whilst it would be a while until the Morettis or East Harlem lot realised they were overdue and sent men to come find them, for all he knew there were more Porters on route and this was just the first wave of them. He turned towards Chuck.

“Right get your arse in the van and start backin’ it out of here. Me and Steve will sit behind it as you do so make it bloody slow alright? We’ll cover you, and then you get the fuck out of here, their cars are knackered so they won’t be able to get far. At that point we’ll peg it on foot,”

Chuck’s face went slightly white as several rounds began impacting the van. Tony swore loudly, with each of those impacts there was yet more of a chance of damage to the precious cargo within. He clamped a hand on Chuck’s shoulder.

“Looking Chuck, you got out there and get in the van, you’ve got about a 40% chance of getting shot with me and Steve coverin’ you, it ain’t great but I’m not going to shit down your throat and tell you it tastes good. On the other hand if you don’t do as I say I can confirm there’s a 100% chance I will shoot you. So be a good boy will you?”

He gave him a gentle(ish) slap on the cheek, and with that he let out another spray of fire towards the cars, not looking for a target, but enough to keep their heads down whilst Chuck scrambled into the driver’s seat, trying to operate the truck whilst keeping all but his hands below the steering wheel. As he turned the key, the engine refused to turn over, whining in protest. Tony growled letting loose another burst from the Uzi.

“Get that fuckin’ thing moving Chuck!”

Finally the truck roared into life. Tony swung back behind cover, and slammed his fist against the door. They had a chance now, if him and Steve could cover Chuck’s escape they could get turn this ambush into a win, and take a few of the bastards down with them. Ejecting the spent magazine, he inserted the final mag for the Uzi, cocking it as he looked towards Steve. His cold blue eyes alive and shining bright, contrasted by the black wool of the balaclava.

“Ready to go kid? Got to give ‘em hell until that cargo is out of here, it’s more valuable than either of us,”

(Interaction: Pyroclast Pyroclast Steve, Bugsy Bugsy Keegan, Misty Gray Misty Gray Warren)

Savannah Callahan

1575146980517-png.652423
Savannah was relieved to hear Danny assure her their date wasn't ruined. He seemed to genuinely enjoy spending time with her and that thought gave her some comfort throughout the anxiety she was experiencing. She enjoyed parties, especially when it was her family's, and she imagined she'd enjoy going to some with Danny too. The kind of parties she was often made to attend were not fun, though. Her friends and colleagues took everything so seriously and there was too much pressure to be noticed, to be outgoing, and to look good.

She fixed her attention on Danny as he spoke up about his understanding of fear. He always came across as a calm and intuitive person. She had to wonder how he ended up working for her cousin and getting involved in drug dealing. In her eyes, he deserved more than what life was giving him. "You're right. I know I should speak to my Mum. I guess I just didn't want to burden my family when they always have so much going on and... I suppose I don't want them to think I can't cope out here on my own." She let out a soft sigh. "But I know Mum would understand, both what I'm going through and my need to keep my independence. I will talk to her," she said, quickly nodding her head as she looked Danny in the eyes. She unfolded her arms and allowed her posture to relax a little as she began to feel the immediate effects of her anxiety slowly wearing off.

"Back in Dublin, when I was getting bullied in school, some of my family helped me learn how to stand up for myself and I fought back. It worked. Since then, I guess I've been so focused on stepping away from my family's business and so focused on my career, that I've ignored the fact things aren't that simple. Maybe I do need to learn how to defend myself and not come across as such an easy target. My sister is still in school, but she would have given that man a piece of her mind and a punch in the gut. Not cried in fear like I did." She bit her lip and quickly shook her head. "When I think about it, everyone in my family is strong in their own way. My Dad has been through so much, but he keeps on fighting and he, along with Syd, risked his life to save me when I was taken." She then thought of another person. A man who she didn't feel she could talk about with her family out of fear of causing upset. But she knew enough of her biological father to know Angel wouldn't have cowered the way she had. Granted, his methods had been deemed insane, twisted and violent. "I know enough of the man by now to know my biological father wouldn't have let people bully him either." She had no intention of going down some dark path, but she was disappointed in herself for being so weak. "I need my family to help me learn to defend myself," she decided, quickly nodding her head.

Savannah softly smiled when Danny said he didn't feel any less of her. It was clear his beliefs were far different to the way her family operated and she liked that about him. In a life surrounded by violence and war, Danny was a breath of fresh air and she found herself naturally gravitated towards him. When he asked if she thought her family would kill Steve, she briefly looked away. Danny knew enough about her family - the Irish Mob - for her not to feel she had to cover their backs, but she also knew she couldn't speak so directly of the crimes they were guilty of. "Well.. he kidnapped me, his friends killed innocent people in that theatre, and he forced my cousin to give up the names of important business contacts. All I know, is that's a whole lot stacked up against him and the cops around here won't ensure justice is served..." she trailed off. She was sure her family wanted to kill Steve and she was certain Danny knew too, she just didn't feel comfortable saying it directly.

Savannah studied Danny's face for a time before shuffling up closer to him and putting her arm around his waist. She tilted her head so she could send him a gentle smile. After a brief pause, she leaned in and placed a kiss on his lips. Blushing a little at her action, she then rested her head on his shoulder as she continued to absorb some of the warmth from him. She hadn't known him for too long, in the grand scheme of things, but she felt like she could trust him. Danny made her feel both happy and safe. She just wished she could return the favour. "Next time, we'll do something fun. I promise," she suggested. "There's still so much in this city for us to enjoy."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny)
Prompt: Bellz Bellz (Braden, Roxie)

Roxie Carriveau
Braden Callahan
Roxie .jpgRoxie had decided to take herself into the city for the afternoon while Syd was at his appointment, needing to get out of the house for a while, she was enjoying the fresh air. As she walked by some of the clothing stores, she saw the one shop that Syd and her had walked in on their first and only date. Smiling to herself, she decided to take a peek inside to see if she could find a little something for herself. The older shop owner greeted her happily to which Roxie returned the greeting before quietly going through some clothes on the hanger.

Part of her was telling herself that it was impractical to buy clothing at the moment because in a few months she wasn't going to fit into anything but she was fond of clothes. Spotting a tighter looking dress, she pulled it out and examined it. "Definitely can't get this." She mutter quietly to herself before placing it back on the rack.

There was a section that she hadn't even looked at before and that was the maternity section. Humoring herself, she walked towards it and took in the size of the clothes. She chuckled to herself for a moment as she spotted a dress that was at least 3 sizes too big for her, but she guessed that in time it would fit her. Not seeing the need to pick up anything at the moment, Roxie sighed and moved towards the exit of the store.

Since she was in town, she decided to pay Savannah a visit and once in her car, she drove to her old apartment where she spotted Braden outside talking with what seemed to be one of his friends. After parking the car, Roxie walked towards him with a smile and Braden looked a little bewildered before shooing his 'friend' away. "Hey." He greeted simply, Sanford at his feet. Roxie waved and looked down at the dog for a moment, missing Syd's dogs surprisingly. She hoped they were okay being alone but Roxie knew that Syd had left them at the house by themselves before so she thought it would be okay.

Thinking of Syd, she hoped that his appointment was going well and she was looking forward to seeing him at home even though he'd changed after the argument they'd had with his parents. She was trying her absolute best to cheer him up, but she had been unsuccessful. "Mind if I head with you upstairs? I actually wanted to see your sister for a bit, make sure everything's okay." Braden shrugged his shoulders and nodded before stuffing his hands in his pockets and moving towards the double doors of the apartment building.

Once they were on the right floor, Braden used his key to open the door and revealed Savannah and Danny embracing. Roxie smiled widely at the pair while Braden cleared his throat loudly as Sanford raced to greet the pair. "Sav...who is this?" Braden asked, clearly tense but Roxie just clasped her hands together. "Why didn't you tell me?!" She chirped.
with: Savannah Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Danny Pyroclast Pyroclast

Maddox Parker

1575207745286-png.652696
Maddox could feel the rare nervousness as his heart raced waiting for Ani to respond to his question. By asking if his actions changed how she felt about him, he knew he'd opened the opportunity for her to just walk away from their relationship in that moment. Instead, he was reassured as he saw the soft smile she sent his way. Still, when she pulled her hand away, he was once again ready for her to reject him. Surprisingly, she brought her hands to his face and lightly held them against his cheeks. The warmth and hope her touch had the ability to send him was something he'd never truly savoured until getting close to Ani. He'd formed no attachment to his previous girlfriends, so everything had been so hollow and casual in the past. Ani was something else and he knew she was special. As she pressed her lips to his forehead, he couldn't help the soft smile from showing on his face. Her lips then touched his own and he didn't have to consciously think before returning her kiss. Everything felt so natural with Ani, even if his deep feelings for her were new territory for him.

Ani pulled away from the kiss but kept her hands on his cheeks as she spoke to him. He quickly nodded his head in her grasp as she tried to reassure him about the numbness he was feeling. In his own head, he sounded like one of his patients, yet somehow he couldn't even help himself when put into their shoes.

When she moved her hands from his cheeks, Maddox took hold of them again. He looked downwards as she continued to speak, but his head was soon snapped up to meet her eyes when she began speaking of them running away. Up until very recently, it was something that never entertained his thoughts. He'd been happy with his purpose being to get revenge on the Porters and continue to work for Moretti. He'd had nothing to look forward to after getting revenge, so assumed he'd either be destined to work for Moretti or be killed first. Now, Ani had caused him to entertain a different future and an actual life. Whilst she'd put doubts about his revenge into his mind, she'd also opened him up to imagining a good life... with her. "I would love for us to get away from all of this," he agreed, stroking the backs of her hands with his thumbs. "Do you really think we can run from this? Gabriel won't let us leave, at least not until he's happy I've dealt with Syd and Conor; and James Porter is in ruins. I have no choice but to finish what I started in this city and then we can get the hell away from here."

When Ani brought up having Ammon committed to a ward, Maddox slowly nodded his head. He knew he was far from perfect, considering what he'd done to Syd, but Ammon was a whole different matter. Ani's brother was a danger to the public. He killed and tortured innocent people without reason nor second thought. Maddox knew it would be best for everyone if Ammon was locked away somewhere safe. Despite being on good terms with Alistair, he knew the East Harlem guys were using Ammon and would cut him loose the moment he became a liability to them. "It would be for the best, Ani," he agreed, hoping to reassure her over her decision. "I could help you do that."

"I don't want us to be trapped, either. As soon as this is done and Gabriel has taken what he wants, I want us to get out of here. I didn't start all of this to end up being some associate or employee of his. I'm doing this for myself, my family and my father and when that's done, so am I." When Ani told him she loved him, Maddox blushed and let out a nervous laugh. "You are too good for me, Ani. I don't deserve you, but I won't disappoint you. I love you so much and the hope you have given me... well, you make me want to be a better person." He let go of her so he could place his hands on her shoulders and move in to passionately kiss her.

Bellz Bellz (Ani)

Last edited:
Heavy suicidal themes
Syd Porter

ezgif-6-4aa2e22a7cd5.gif With each cautious step that Jackson took towards him, Syd took one back. One hand laid flat against the wall behind him, the other held the PA-15, its barrel pressed firmly against his temple. The pressure drew his rapid pulse to the surface of his skin, its rhythm like a ticking clock counting down the seconds he had left to live. The man's voice was painfully nostalgic to him, his Irish-Cockney accent unlike anyone else's that he had ever known. It made him feel like he was back in Dublin, but after everything that had happened there he had ended up leaving with very mixed feelings about the place and so it only brought on a vague bittersweet feeling to him that he couldn't comprehend.

His presence had truly stunned him, dividing Syd's attention between his godfather and the gun in his hand. Jackson gave him something to concentrate on besides shooting himself, but properly listening to him demanded a measure of effort from him that he hadn't been prepared to give. Until now, he had managed to block out everything getting in his way, but Jackson's arrival had provided a distraction that he wasn't sure he should pay attention to. Eventually, Jackson's words broke through Syd's defence and he began to register what the man was telling him.

As a young man, keen to be the best gangster he could be, Syd had almost programmed himself to take his role models' word as gospel. Listening to Jackson now, that impressionable part of him was coming back and he couldn't stop himself from trying to make sense of his words. But Jackson hadn't seen him in so long - he didn't understand what Syd had been through. As far as he was concerned, his suicide was a sacrifice. He was forcing himself to lose so that his family could win. Removing their heaviest burden, their greatest liability, so that they might have a better chance of winning the wars they so often found themselves in. After almost a decade of medication and counselling, he had only ended up right back where he had been after Skye passed away. There was no proof to suggest he would ever get better, but countless evidence of the damage he had done. Syd let out a sob, wishing he and Jackson had never parted ways. Maybe then the man would understand. "This is mine," he argued, referring to the sacrifice that Jackson seemed to believe was the right reason to die. His voice was weakened by the sobs he was trying to choke back, rendering him almost unintelligible. "I h-have to do it, Jackson -"

He was cut off when Lucy flew into the room, causing his panic to peak once again. The pain in her voice when she called out his name hurt him and he burst into tears, shaking his head when she too began to step towards him. Everyone was trying to stop him from doing what he had to do. Having Jackson and his mother there made it so much harder and he felt suddenly terrified about what he was doing. Swept up in a whirlwind of emotions, he couldn't lower the gun from his head nor let it fall. Lucy wanted to take the gun from him but he found himself unable to respond at all. He took a few unsteady steps back when she began to move around the desk to get closer to him. He wanted nothing more than to fall into her arms, but he couldn't.

She was right, he didn't want to die - he had just convinced himself that he had to. Her comforting tone of voice did something to pacify him and he quietened down to listen to her. It saddened him to hear that she really believed he had more life left to live. Roxie didn't know where he was. The baby would be raised without its father. But as much as it hurt to imagine everyone he would be leaving behind, it wasn't enough to convince him to live. He didn't deserve that life, that happiness he had always wanted. He had forfeited it by bringing harm to the family.

"S-stop..." he warned her, glass crunching underfoot as he backed away. He felt cornered, reinforcing the use of the gun as a means to escape and causing his grip to tighten. "Mam, I have to go," he reminded her. It was hard for him to stick to his goal, because the truth was he didn't want to at all. "I have to go. I-I have to, please...please just let me go." His words were soon drowned out by a surge of heavy sobs and he bent forward, struggling to stand for the overbearing weight on his shoulders. When he straightened up, he lost his balance and fell into the wall beside him, causing the gun to almost slip from his hand. He quickly secured his grip, breathing heavily as tears poured down his face. The nausea was by now so intense that it seemed to inhabit every inch of his body, contributing to the sensory overload that took away any control he had over himself. Syd's wild eyes glanced between Lucy and Jackson, like prey scared to lose sight of its predator.

"I didn't wanna h-hurt anyone, mam, I swear," he cried, digging the barrel deeper into his temple and twisting it. There were so many emotions driving him to kill himself, but he still couldn't make sense of any of them. The shock of hearing how Maddox had used him hadn't worn off still and it made it impossible to explain what was going on in his head. "Don't come any closer or I'll fucking shoot myself!"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Lucy
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson

Jackson McCarthy

1fe0059f662ecbc6128193da38ca0aa4.jpg
Jackson had no clue as to what Syd had experience over the past ten years. He had seen many men breakdown before, from losing a competition in the cage because of an injury they couldn't control, to having to watch a loved one die in front of them. In the past, Jackson had been one to bury his emotions in his subconscious and sever his ability to feel through the cold sentiment he had been taught, like collapsing a cave in the very rocks it used to hold it's structure. Ten years ago, Jackson would've seen such a breakdown as a weakness, a lack of self control. It all changed when he saw the life drain out of a man he would've considered his brother through an exit wound, the man's cadaver cradled in Jackson's arms as he pleaded for him to overcome the clumping blood in his throat - to pull through. There was no shame in cracking and if someone were to say there was, then it would come from a point of view that had never experienced true grief.

The way Syd recoiled from his mother's touch, the way he held the gun like it were the save and grace of his pain - Jackson, in all his years, had never seen such emotional turmoil. He watched as Lucy pleaded with her son, unable to understand the pain Syd had pulsating through his heart. Jackson watched with despondency as the reality began to set in. Syd was naturally a cheerful guy, able to find the beams of light in the most minute cracks. Whatever happened, if it had broken Syd, was enough to break anyone.

Jackson moved closer, the look of sympathy bleeding from his eyes. He had been at a loss of words since Lucy busted in, but felt his lips finally part. "Syd, please." He stepped closer behind Lucy, his eyes unable to tear from the sobbing mess Syd had become. He could see how terrified the boy was by the tremble in his wrist, as if an unseen entity was forcing the gun to his head. "You were always such a happy kid, even when you had no right to be," Jackson felt the sincere smile form on his lips once more as he continued. The image of Syd distorted to a younger version, from back when he was in Ireland, Syd's bright smile cutting through the darkness as it always had. "I've known you since you was a lil' wean, when you couldn't keep your drool in ya' mouth. Every waking day in that estate, you were in my life"

Jackson stepped past Lucy slowly, the reassuring, soft smile on his face trying to crack the exterior of misery Syd had manifested around himself. "You're the closest thing I have to a son, mate. I promised James and your mum in front of the cross that I would never let anything hurt you, that I would love you as if you were blood, and that I would protect you against all the evil this world would inevitably force down upon you."

Jackson's hands delicately reached for the gun, his fingers softly wrapping around the slide. His eyes didn't break from Syd's, as if trying to reach his shattered soul through his weeping pupils. "I've seen you on some of your best days and seen you on some of your worst. I've gotten to see you grow up, physically and mentally. I know your quirks and how your mind works, because I reckon parts of me have rubbed off on you. From that, I know today isn't your last."

His hand slowly pulled the handgun from Syd's grip, figuring there wouldn't be much resistance left. "Go hug your mum."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

James Porter and Gabriel Moretti

1575639205098.pngJames glared at Gabriel before getting out of his seat, prompting the two armed guards to tense up in case the Irishman tried anything. James looked at the bill, the cost perfectly reasonable even if the new management and circumstances of the meeting were far from that. Disarmed and aware of the enemy having the upper hand, the knew to play along on this occasion. He reached into his pocket to retrieve his wallet. After counting out the cash, he calmly handed it to Teddy. The name rang a bell from hearing how the man had recently tried dragging Conor and Finn into a fight. "You'd better look after that pretty face of yours, mate. The third time you come near my family, you'll not be this lucky."

After Peter refused Moretti with an impolite, albeit amusing, gesture, James walked with the man to the garage outside. As uncomfortable as it might be to prolong the scene, James didn't rush to get into the car. Instead, he set about giving the vehicle a full inspection. Not only had they been on the receiving end of explosives, but James had arranged the one that wiped out most of Gabriel's family. It would be a fitting retaliation from the Italian, so James wasn't going to risk it playing out.

The car hadn't been tampered with in the end and soon enough the two Irishmen were in the car on their way to the Jazz Club. James intended on stopping by one of their bases on the way to pick up replacement guns, given that he and Peter hadn't had their weapons returned to them. Peter requested a cigarette and James reached into his jacket pocket to bring out a box. "It's near enough full, so light one up for me while you're at it," he grumbled as he focused on the road ahead.

At least he now had a name and a smug face to put behind all of the trouble that had been unfolding as of late. Now he could get everyone together and plan how they were going to take the enemy down. "I'm not proud of what had to be done back then to stop the Morettis in their tracks, but did he really just have the nerve to act like we were the ones to attack first?" he pointed out, referring to the explosion. "Pretty sure it was his big ugly brother who made the first move. When Francesco killed Liam, we all knew what the Morettis were intending on and so I made that decision to stop them before they could grow in strength. Before they could become the next IWU fucking with our family." Despite the frustration he was feeling, James managed to maintain a calm and collected demeanour as he spoke. "He just had the nerve to threaten Luce, Sinead and Ali. Not to mention the fact he admitted to being behind our family being hurt and no doubt Arlene being killed..." In the moment, James' first thoughts were to make sure the three ladies in the club were safe, but after that, he knew his thoughts would move on to those he'd hoped were done with after the IWU were wiped out. Thoughts of another war. All when he'd been taking Lucy's wishes seriously and trying to think of some way to finally let her relax, but now there was no way he could begin to consider taking a step back. There was a fight he could not back away from and none of his family were yet ready for the burden of taking over the empire.

Bellz Bellz (Peter)

1575639642730.pngGabriel's eyes fixed on Peter as the man spoke, not breaking his stare as he listened to the man speak. The Irishman told him he didn't understand who he was dealing with, but Gabriel felt like he could easily fire the same statement back at Peter. In the Italians eyes, the Porters were underestimating him, but that would make it easier to tear them down from their position at the top. His gaze intensified as Peter reminded him of the family he'd lost and even threatened to kill more of the Morettis. The growing tension was cut away when Peter raised his middle finger to Gabriel, evoking a chuckle from the man in return.

After watching James and Peter leave the office, Gabriel pointed at Jonah. "You can go too. Straight home and don't do anything stupid," he warned him. With just Teddy and the two guards remaining in the room with him, Gabriel approached the small window and peered through the blinds to see James checking his car over. "They have no manners and Tony is right to call them rats," he mused aloud. "But they are still wise and experienced," he observed, knowing he'd be checking his own vehicle over as James was. "They underestimate us, but we must not get carried away and make the same foolish mistake." Despite his warning, he didn't intend on attacking the Jazz Club but was confident the threat would be enough to distract the Irishmen from immediate retaliation. "Maddox should have dealt with Syd by now, with Conor next. But I intend to keep chipping away. My parents, my brother, my nieces and nephews, so many others... All wiped out because of the Porters. They have a lot of family in New York, therefore a lot more left to lose."

Gabriel suddenly turned to Teddy and flashed a pleasant smile to the man. "I thought the meeting went very well and I feel like I know both men a lot more. But for now, I've worked up quite the appetite and I'm keen to see what Elvian is cooking up for dinner. You must join us for dinner, Theodore. You can see the dog too... I forget its name," he remarked. He'd been told the pet's name but frankly had much more important matters to attend the when the dog was introduced to the household. He'd been busy ever since!

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy, Elvian)

Last edited:
Peter Callahan
Peter 3.jpgOnce the box of cigarettes was handed to him, Peter hit the bottom end of it against his leg before opening it and pulling two sticks out. Pushing in the car lighter, he waited for it to pop back out before lighting both cigarettes and handing James his. Sticking the stick between his lips, Peter inhaled deeply as James explained that he wasn't proud of what had to be done against the Moretti's. Peter was visible frustrated but like always James seemed to be calm and collected, which Peter really envied in situations like they had just experienced.

Peter was angry that Gabriel had threatened them, that he thought he could just step in and take what they had. He was anxious about getting to Sinead and though he had been confident in that meeting at the garage, Peter was left feeling some dread as they made their way to the club. They had worked so hard in New York to get away from all the drama that happened in Ireland and it seems that they were now going to have to fight.

"I hope it was just a threat and nothing has happened to them." Peter responded to his brother in law as he grabbed the hand rest above him with one hand before pulling the cigarette from his mouth with the other, breathing out smoke into the car. "This is shaping out to be something more serious than we originally thought, boss." Peter added with a shake of his head. It felt never ending, with the family having to deal with other groups who threatened to harm them for their business.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence as James pulled into the the jazz club parking lot. Peter saw that Sinead's car and Ali's car was in the lot but there was no sign of Lucy's which raised red flags to him as the car came to a stop in a space. "Did Luce get a ride with Sinead or Ali?" Peter asked James as they got out of the car quickly, seeing the that Sinead and Ali were outside, Peter turned to look at James with wide eyes before jogging towards his wife. Seeing the tears in her eyes, Peter opened his arms to her, wrapping them around her before she had a chance to speak.

Something felt off but the women seemed to be unharmed, which was relieving to Peter. "What's wrong, Sin? Where's Lucy?" He asked her as he pulled away from the embrace to look at Ali. "I'm so glad you ladies are okay." He said before kissing his wife's temple gently.
with: James + Sinead Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Heavy suicidal themes
Syd Porter

ezgif-6-4aa2e22a7cd5.gif The tension that Syd applied to the trigger wavered as he battled through the conflicting emotions in his head, fighting against both what made him want to end his life and what made him want to drop the gun. He didn't know what to do. His mother held a desperation in her eyes that broke his heart, but he was already broken and didn't know what to make of it. Jackson spoke up then, appearing behind Lucy through a blur of endless tears. The man began to reminisce about the relationship they had had when Syd had lived back in Dublin, how happy he used to be. Sometimes it seemed like just yesterday that he was living with his parents in Dublin - he was still able to close his eyes and walk down the streets, through the bars and pubs that his family owned and down to the pier where he had asked Skye to marry him. Yet, when he was in one of his low moods, that time seemed all too distant, like a whole lifetime had passed since then. So much had happened in the last decade that Syd struggled to identify that carefree young man as himself. His troubles had aged him, forced him to grow up and detach from his past. The memories in his head weren't his; they belonged to a happier man, one not torn apart by grief or jaded by his cruel environment.

Yet, the very fact that his Godfather was standing there before him made them a lot easier to believe in. His face, his voice, his very presence sent him back in time. "Jackson," he whispered to himself, as some sort of verbal confirmation that the man had reached him. He was slowly advancing towards him and Syd continued to edge away until he felt his back collide with the filing cabinet. He was cornered now, heart rate soaring as the space around himself began to close. It was a visceral response, a debilitating aversion to touch in times of distress. But despite the cold sweat that soaked his skin, the nauseous panic and tumultuous conflict that rattled through his body, it wasn't just for the fear that Syd couldn't tear his eyes from Jackson. The soft smile on the man's face gave him something safe to latch onto. His loving, comforting words validated the part of him that didn't want to die. Finally, the conviction with which he told Syd that that day would not be his last convinced him that he didn't have to kill himself after all. All the reasons behind his decision had already evaporated and his head wasn't clear enough to remember the stress, pain and danger he had put upon his family, nor Maddox's threatening smile.

As Syd gazed into his Godfather's eyes, his grip on the gun slackened and he barely noticed when it was pulled from his grasp. For a moment, his hand remained hovering in the air, too slow to register what was happening. But then Jackson told him to go to his mother and the overwhelming relief that he wasn't going to die surged through his body. Like a flood bursting through a broken dam, Syd's sacrificial, guilt-driven intentions finally gave way to his desire to be with the people he loved; his eyes drifted towards his mother and he was struck by the realisation that he had almost lost her forever. Still paralysed by the intensity of the moment, Syd couldn't move to be with her. He reached out to her with trembling arms before collapsing to the ground in front of him and bursting into uncontrollable tears. The shock of what he had almost done completely overpowered him and his cries turned to howling screams, hands tearing through broken glass as they searched for his mother.

Soon there came a loud knock on the door. Syd's personal assistant, a muscular, overweight man called Benjamin Teller stood in the threshold of the room, face growing pale as he took in the scene and the state of his boss. With Syd's office door wide open, he and several other members of staff had heard the firing of a gun followed by distressed shouting. Over the past few weeks, Teller had noticed signs of Syd's deterioration - not following through with business plans, forgetting to come to meetings, not answering the door even though through the office window he could see Syd doing nothing but staring into space. Teller wasn't good at emotional conversations, so had failed to voice his concerns. The guilt of not stepping in sooner showed on his face. "I've evacuated the club," he announced, choosing to look to Jackson so that he didn't have to watch his boss having a meltdown. "No one is here but me and a few other members of staff, now. Do you need me to call someone?"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Lucy
Enzyme Enzyme Jackson
Misty Gray Misty Gray James

Last edited:
Danny Vaughan

1575734451995.png "Well, that's what family does, right? They help you carry your burdens." Danny smiled at her, glad that she seemed to have a positive relationship with her mother enough to be open with her. Talking it out seemed to make her feel better; he noticed how she unwound, easing into a more relaxed posture. "You'll find a compromise with her. Independence is too good to lose!"

Savannah explained to him how she had learned to stand up for herself after being bullied, but seemed to have missed how to adapt her self-defence to more serious situations - the kind of situations her family found themselves in. Danny wasn't an aggressive or violent person by nature, so he occasionally found trouble in his own line of work. But he was also good at talking his way out of situations and didn't care as much about getting hurt as he did about Savvy. Now, he found himself struggling to think of what he would do in her situation. "Self-defence sounds like something worth your time," he said, verbalising his thoughts as they came to him. "I mean, you'd only be hurting someone to save yourself or someone you cared about. If it's really a case of hurt or get hurt, I'd rather you came out on top. Sounds like asking your dad or Syd would be a good place to start."

It was clear his question had made Savannah slightly uncomfortable, and as soon as she began to list all the crimes her kidnapper had committed against her, her family and innocent civilians, Danny realised that he could have just assumed the answer would be yes. In some ways, he had a feeling that her family were similar to his: their passion for the arts; the large, close-knit community that knew love beyond the bounds of blood; their unconventional ways that to some extent separated them from the rest of society. Violent crime, however, was what distinguished her family from his. Even with his experience working for gangs, Danny couldn't imagine what it must be like to be under constant attack and have a responsibility to serve justice. It was something he didn't think he would ever understand.

At some point during the silence that followed her implicit answer, Savannah had drawn herself nearer to Danny and wrapped an arm around his waist. He smiled down at her, the warmth reaching up to his eyes. She planted an unexpected kiss on his lips then, causing him to blush as he kissed her back. When she moved to rest her head on his shoulder, Danny let himself smile, a tingling sensation spreading across his cheeks. She still seemed to carry guilt for stopping them from going out into the city together, but Danny honestly didn't mind at all. "We'll go out when the time's right," he assured her, his soft tone of voice a result of the slight daze her kiss had left him in. "The city is patient, it'll wait for us. For now, I'm happy to just do whatever you feel up to."

Danny felt so peaceful holding Savannah in his arms, he could have sat there for hours. However, they were soon interrupted when the sound of a key rattling in the door caused his heart to drop. Two people entered the room, their eyes immediately meeting Danny's. He froze for a moment, then gently released Savannah from their embrace. The woman had a positive energy about her while the young man seemed more apprehensive. Danny got to his feet, sending them a friendly smile. "Hi, there," he politely greeted the pair, doing his best to push his nerves aside. He hoped that Savannah would introduce them properly, as he didn't feel like this was a situation he held much power in. "Name's Danny," he told them, unsure of how to explain himself further. "Nice to meet you..."

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah
Bellz Bellz Braden, Roxie

Lucy Porter
actress-amber-heard-movie-picture.jpegLucy shook her head as Syd told her that he had to go, "Syd, I'm not going to let you do this. I can't let you go. I won't. Please just listen to my voice. Please!" She begged her son as he bent forward, sobbing. She shook her head as he took the gun and twisted it against his head, causing Lucy to take another step forward. "You haven't hurt anyone Syd. It's okay, my boy, please listen to me." He threatened to shoot himself and Lucy didn't dare to take anymore steps forward. Raising her hands, she took a step back instead before looking to Jackson as he passed her.

He talked about Syd always being so happy and Lucy nodded her head in agreement as she moved a hand to her mouth to cover her own sobs. Syd seemed to respond well to his words and Lucy had to convince herself that Jackson was what was best for her son in that moment, not her. She wasn't able to talk him down, but as the two men stood close to one another, Lucy saw Jackson reach for the gun and successfully pull it from Syd's grasp.

The blonde almost collapsed with relief as she gripped the corner of her son's desk to keep her steady. Then Syd reached out to her and Lucy didn't waste another second standing where she was, lunging forward to catch Syd before he completely fell to the ground. Wrapping her arms around him tightly, Lucy moved her lips to kiss his cheek and forehead, gently hushing him as she squeezed him tightly. "I'm here. It's okay. You made it. I'm not letting you go. Ever." She told him as she tried to control her own cries.

Lucy had barely heard the knock on the door, but when a familiar voice told them that he had evacuated the club, Lucy turned to look Teller's way before looking up at Jackson for a moment, feeling at a loss for who to call. Remembering that she hadn't told Sinead and Ali where she was headed, Lucy spoke up, "Um..." She cleared her throat, taking a second to calm herself before speaking, "Please call the jazz club, Scott should answer, tell him to tell my sister that we are here with Syd." She told him before turning her full attention back to Syd.

Brushing some hair from his slick forehead, Lucy planted a kiss to it before stroking her son's back gently. "You have made me who I am, Syd. Without you, I would have no purpose. I'm so sorry about what happened between us, baby." She told him, her voice calmer now as the adrenaline from the situation that was now handled began to fade away. Lucy rocked her son back and forth as she knelt beside him on the floor before looking up to Jackson, "I don't know if I can formulate the words right now to tell you how grateful I am that you were here. But thank you, for saving my son from himself." She whispered with tears in her eyes.

Lucy pressed her cheek against Syd's head as she cradled him, much like she use to do when he was a small boy. No matter how much he'd grown up, Syd needed her and she was foolish enough to believe that maybe he didn't. "I love you." Lucy murmured to Syd as she squeezed him a little tighter, letting him cry as much as he wanted. They would worry about getting him to the hospital once he was settled a bit more.
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Jackson Enzyme Enzyme
nudge : Jimbo Misty Gray Misty Gray

James Porter and Sinead Callahan

1574623443534-png.650297
James heard Peter's words but remained silent on the matter. His brother-in-law was right about things being more serious than they'd imagined. He didn't want to add extra concerns to the man's plate whilst they were yet to get to the Jazz Club to check on their wives and Aliana. It didn't exactly help when Peter pointed out that Lucy's car wasn't in the parking lot. "No, Luce drove down in her own car," he gruffly confirmed. James pulled into a space without much thought, though his near perfect parking would suggest the manoeuvre had been a conscious effort. The fact Sinead and Aliana were outside of the club sounded alarm bells in James, but at least they appeared safe if something had happened in there. However, the lack of Lucy and her car was concerning. He couldn't think what might have happened but he knew he'd personally smash Moretti's skull in if something had happened to his wife.

Sinead felt some relief when Peter and James arrived on the scene. Even though she wasn't sure their presence meant anything for Syd's safety, she still took comfort as the two were usually good at fixing the family's problems. The redhead wrapped her arms around Peter just as he did with her. "Syd.." she spoke, her voice muffled amongst the embrace. When her husband released her and asked about Lucy, Sinead caught her breath back and felt comforted as Peter kissed her forehead. "She went to find Syd. She was upset and crying and she said something about him trying to kill himself. You haven't seen him?!" she suddenly asked. "She didn't tell me where she was going. What if..."

James overheard Sinead's words and for a brief moment froze on the spot behind the Callahan couple. All of a sudden, the burdens Moretti had just placed heavily on his shoulders seemed to leave him completely, only to be replaced by the deep, intense fear for his son's life. There was a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach and an unsettling familiarity about the situation. This wasn't the first time Syd had attempted suicide, so there was no doubt in James' mind, no urge to question Sinead or accuse the woman of being confused or misunderstanding. Considering Syd's behaviour and mental instability lately, him trying to kill himself came as no surprise, but it did come as a deep and heartbreaking shock. "She must have said something, Sinead? Where did she go?" James firmly asked, almost as though he was ordering her to give an answer, even if she plucked it out of thin air.

"James. I don't know!" Sinead replied, her voice raised and frustrated. She hadn't meant to shout at him, but she was terrified for Syd's life.

"Mr. Porter..." Scott began as he joined the group outside. "Your wife called Syd at the Lomax after I'd taken a message for her. I'm pretty sure that's where she went--"

"Okay... Alright..." James replied, pinching the bridge of his nose and he briefly squeezed his eyes shut to try fight off the feeling that his head was going to implode. He then opened his eyes and placed his hand on Peter's shoulder. "Pete, you stay here and makes sure the ladies are safe," he asked, referring to Sinead and Aliana. He didn't leave room for argument as he rushed into his car and sped off down the street aiming for The Lomax.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

stephen-amell-gif-hunt.gifAll through the drive, James could only imagine the worst and that by the time he reached the club he'd be too late. He didn't need to replay the recent weeks in his head to know how differently he could had dealt with things. He feared he would have plenty of time to fixate over what he did wrong and how he should have been there for his son. He'd just had a meeting with a man who was threatening to harm his family, yet it struck James that he could lose his son and his enemies won't have needed to lift a finger for it to happen.

James left the car parked on the street and sprinted across the road. The staff at Syd's club didn't get in the way or try to stop James, knowing not to get in the way of the mob boss. When he reached the back office, James' legs seemed to be way ahead of his mind. It was only when he reached the doorway that his thoughts caught up and questioned if he wanted to face the potentially devastating sight. However, a wave of relief hit James as he saw Lucy and Syd knelt on the floor. Stood before him was a man he'd asked to come to New York, yet he was still surprised to see Jackson, one of his most trusted men and closest friends, standing there. So much had happened that everything felt difficult to comprehend.

"Jackson..." he began, but felt at a loss for words as he noticed the broken glass around his feet. "I... I'm glad you're here," he said, briefly patting the man on the shoulder. Though James was good at maintaining a strong and neutral front, Jackson would know when his boss' voice was laced with heavy burden. Whether it was purely down to Syd's episode or all of the troubles with the business, it would be up to Jackson to figure out for himself.

James crouched down beside Lucy and facing Syd. The man placed a comforting arm around his wife's shoulder whilst using his free hand to briefly reach out and gently squeeze Syd's upper arm. "Syd, mate..." He studied his son's face, seeing a deep pain and anguish within him. He'd seen it before but it seemed even more intense than ever and James could only wonder how much of Syd's breakdown was because of the lack of support he'd given him the previous week. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you before, but I'm here now, mate. I promise, I won't walk out on you again and I will give you all of my support." James looked over his shoulder to Jackson and sent the man a grateful nod for being there for them. He then looked to Lucy and met her eyes to try figure out what she was thinking. He wondered if she was in the same mind as he was, with the conclusion that Syd needed to be admitted to the hospital again. James wanted the best for his son and he hated to admit that the hospital would be able to provide the focused care he needed. Yet, he was putting off saying it out loud as he wanted it to be enough for Syd to come home with them and for the family to look after him.

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Ani Sarraf
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 6.39.06 PM.png
Ani wanted to run away soon, she didn't want to stick around to see the aftermath of Gabriel's plans but unlike herself, Maddox was in it for the long haul. A brief thought crossed her mind, feeling like she had to choose between her freedom and her lover but she quickly squashed it, not entertaining the idea.

Smiling as Maddox told her that she was too good for him, Ani shook her head and was about to protest when he also added that she made him want to be a better person. He moved in to kiss her passionately and she met his lips with equal passion, allowing them to take a moment to just be with one another.

After a few long moments of peace, a knock on the door caused Ani to pull away quickly before letting out a shaky laugh. Another knock on the door sounded and Ani rolled her eyes, "Hold on!" She told whoever it was that was behind the door before moving to look at Maddox again, lifting her hand to move some hair from his forehead. Tilting her head to just appreciate the view in front of her, Ani let out a soft sigh before nodding her head towards the door. "Maybe we should head back to your place. I knew someone would come knocking here." She murmured before ducking her head before standing up straight, reaching out her hands to help him up.

Once they were ready to leave, Ani unlocked the door and was met by one of the nurses who's face was bright red at the sight of Ani and Maddox walking out of the room, hand in hand. Ani just smiled her way and nodded her head confidently before the pair headed down the quiet hallway.

Ani had to stop by the nurses station to make sure all of her paperwork had been processed and was ready for the specialists that would be taking care of her patients post surgery but after that she was free as a bird.

As they walked out of the hospital, Ani's eyes squinted at the bright sun and she reached a hand out to shield them. "I don't think I've been outside in about a day and a half." She revealed to Maddox, squeezing his hand. "We'll just take your car and you can drop me off for my next shift tomorrow?" She asked, hoping it was alright with him.
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Savannah Callahan

1575831287554.pngSavannah had been relieved when Danny seemed okay with her kissing him and shuffling up close. She knew she liked him and one of the many traits she'd inherited from her mother was that she liked physical contact. She felt safe with Danny and it felt natural to want to hold him.

Danny was okay with their date being cut short and he was happy to wait until she was ready before planning their next one. Even though she knew there wasn't an urgency to it, she still found herself thinking of places they could go the next time. She didn't want to resign to the thought her anxiety would force her to stay inside all of the time, so she needed to think of somewhere they could have fun and feel safe. "For now, I could put some records on..." she began to suggest.

The sound of the key turning in the lock of the door caused Savannah's eyes to open wide and she could practically feel the discomfort in Danny. He had wanted their relationship to stay secret for the time-being on account of her family. The fact someone was entering the apartment with a key made it guaranteed a family member was entering the room and she knew straight away it would be Braden. Feeling Danny release her, she sat up straight and turned to look towards the door. Danny had stood up whilst Savannah remained seated, the tension briefly broken as Sanford rushed towards her and she instinctively gave the dog a playful hug. The animal bought her a little time but it wasn't enough to cut through any atmosphere she was anticipating on her brother's part.

Braden spoke first, addressing her in a tense manner as he asked who she was with. Savannah's frown was pulled up to a brief smile as Roxie's reaction and question came across much more pleasant. Seeing how nervous Danny was as he introduced himself, Savannah stood up from the couch and planted herself firmly at his side. "This is Danny," she began, smiling as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "He and I are..." she began, torn between wanting to announce him to the world and not wanting to scare him by revealing they were dating. He was afraid of her family, especially how Syd would react, but she wasn't sure how she could possibly keep quiet now.

She stepped forward and nudged Braden's arm. "This is my brother, Brady," she said, speaking lightly and cheerfully as she hoped to break through her brother's uptight attitude. "And this is my amazing friend, Roxie!" she said, moving to hug the brunette before placing a kiss on her cheek. She then stepped back from the centre of the room and returned to Danny's side. "So, what are you both doing here? I mean.... together. Like... Roxie and Brady!" she fumbled over her words as her cheeks reddened. Obviously Braden lived in the apartment, but she wasn't sure why he'd returned with Roxie.

Bellz Bellz (Braden, Roxie) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny)

Roxie Carriveau
Braden Callahan
Roxie .jpgRoxie looked to Brady with a slight glare before Savannah stepped forward and walked towards the two of them. Roxie closed the door behind her as the pair stepped inside and watched as Savannah nudged Brady, who seemed more than a little tense at the moment. Braden crossed his arms but offered his sister a slight smile as he eyed Danny. Giving the man a small wave, Brady whistled for Sanford who was excitedly sniffing Danny out. The pup immediately stopped what he was doing to return to his master's side and Roxie leaned down to give the dog some love before Savannah moved to hug her.

Giving the blonde a tight squeeze, Roxie returned the kiss on her cheek before Savvy returned to Danny's side. "I wanted to stop by to see how you were doing since Syd is out at his appointment, the house was getting a bit lonely without him there...I just met Brady out front." She explained, answering Savvy's question on why they were together.

Braden shrugged his shoulders lightly, "Roxie's good company." He offered before taking a step forward and holding out his hand to Danny. "Pleasure to meet you, man. Just watch yourself, alright?" He told the man, his tone relaxed but had a slight edge to it. Roxie rolled her eyes as Braden walked pasted the group and headed into his room. "Oh don't pay attention to the brood." She told Danny before moving to sit down on the couch. "Its so nice to meet you." She murmured.

Now that she was pregnant, everything seemed to make her tired and the trip over to the apartment had done its job, making her feel like she could take a nap where she sat. "So, how long were you to gonna keep at it before telling your best friend? hmm? You know I hate being out of the loop, and I'm so good at keeping secrets." She tried to persuade before offering the pair a smile.

"You two look so cute together." She commented happily before turning to look around the living room a bit, noticing there was some changes Roxie smiled. "It looks great in here, Sav. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch as of recently. Hell broke loose when we told the Porters about the pregnancy and I've been having to keep a close eye on Syd...he just hasn't been himself recently and it concerns me." Roxie knew she was probably saying too much but her worries were getting the best of her and she needed to talk about it with someone other than Syd.

Brady walked back out and moved towards the kitchen. "Anyone want something to drink?" He offered, Sanford following close behind him.
with: Savvy Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Danny Pyroclast Pyroclast

Jackson McCarthy

d536b07197ac50470d5f57a43b049784--style-uk-gq-magazine.jpg
With the grip of the handgun relinquished, Jackson pulled the gun away. Syd seemed to move in slow motion, his emotions buffering as he stood lifeless, as if he were a stiff rag doll. Jacksons steel eyes remained locked on Syd, prepared for the worst. Suddenly, Syd collapsed on the floor with Lucy in the sobbing mess he had expected. With the sigh of relief washing over his senses, he moved the firearm into the back of his waistband. He stepped back to the door to allow the two to reconcile whatever damage had been done. The sight was too heart breaking for there to be even the slightest tinge of awkwardness in the atmosphere. All subtleness had been thrown out the window the moment Syd put a pistol to his head.

Jackson's eyes shot up to the large man as he entered the door frame. Beyond him appeared to be the rest of the staff, their eyes fixated on the two. It felt wrong for Syd and Lucy to be put on display, so Jackson softly closed the door behind the personal assistant enough to block out the scene. Having never met the man, Jackson stayed back as Lucy ordered him to call the Jazz Club. The man looked back to Jackson before leaving, to which Jackson responded with a fabricated smile.

Jackson watched over the two, his hands pressed behind his back. He had pushed himself to the wall to allow them as much space as they needed. When Lucy's tear-stained eyes met his, the sincere smile came out once more. "There's no need, Luc," Jackson spoke softly, nodding his head slightly. "Everything I said was true." His eyes flicked to Syd, who was still being held in Lucy's arms. He had no idea what would've happened to Syd if he had decided to skip the club, all he knew was how relieved he was to be able to keep well on his promise.

Another man then entered the door, and this one he recognized. He nodded to James as he said his name, moving his hands out from behind his back. He placed his grip on James' shoulder and squeezed it lightly, making up for the hug he wish he could offer. "It's good to see you again, brother."

As James moved to the ground with Syd and Lucy, he no longer felt his presence needed. Moving for the wooden door, he slowly pushed himself out as to not disturb the trio. He then gingerly closed the door behind him, turning to see a baffled staff whom were all staring at him. He shrugged lightly, opening his palms by his sides. With that, he moved through the club and back out the very doors he used to enter this puzzling scene.

Coming from the quiet, emotional display out into the loud New York streets was jarring to say the least. He was still far from used to the scenery and had almost forgotten how hectic it was outside. He didn't need the paper to confirm where the next location was, as the sign down the street was the only familiar landmark within the city bounds. His face lit up like a Christmas tree as he read the sign, 'The Emerald Pub'. As Jackson moved down the street, he circled his finger in the air towards Mitchel in the driver's seat, confirming that he'd better find a place to park, because Jackson planned on being awhile.

As he walked on the crowded sidewalk, he was better able to focus on the people inhabiting it. He crossed paths with a beautiful brunette, who had brushed past him due to the scaffolding. He gave her a warm smile as he brushed past her, their eyes locking briefly. As she moved on, he was left with the intoxicating smell of her perfume. He scrunched his brows, remarking how easy it would be for someone as young as Syd to find love in such a dense city. He almost envied the lad for having such a diverse town to grow up in.

Moving his hands to the doors of the pub, the scenery nearly sucked him straight back to Ireland. Irish music and furniture was easy to replicate, but the genuine atmosphere could only be constructed by a true Irish man, who happened to be posted up at the bar. "Oi! There's the slimy bastard!" He snarled, his thick accent holding no bounds. He then charged Conor, pushing him up against the bar table. His hands quickly balled into fists, berating the man's sides with soft punches. "No calls! No letters!" He rubbed Conor's hair, hugging his head into his chest. "You think I'd let you forget about me?" He released the man's head, smile wider than ever, as he slumped down into the bar stool next to him.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (James/Conor) Bellz Bellz (Lucy) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

Last edited:
Jason Costello

1575913266802.png The rhythm of Jason's dancing changed the second the next song came on, replacing the melody that resided in his head. Setting down his knife for a moment, Jason turned to watch Gwen as she sang and danced across the room, cradling a confused yet placid Ruben in her arms. He laughed, heart softening at the sight of her; her youthful spirit seemed to have returned to her, exuding the same energy that she had before the drugs had worn her down.

Cooking with Gwen lifted his spirits enormously. Extending their relationship to more domestic activities showed him new sides to her, implanted images in his mind of what his life could be like if things continued to develop between them. Even though this was the first time she had been in his apartment since they had met each other in New York, she already seemed to belong there, as though she had been there a million times before. His apartment felt so much warmer with her in it.

The irresistible temptation to dance along to whatever music was playing had slowed down the process of cooking dinner somewhat and some of the vegetables came out of the oven somewhat charred, but Jason didn't care. The food couldn't have made their time together more perfect. The happiness Jason felt from being around Gwen had given him a surge of energy and he served the food in as dramatic a way as one could, twirling with plates in his hand and carving the chicken in time to the music.

Two in love can make it,
Take my heart and please don't break it,
Love was made for me and you...​

Eventually the two were sitting together at Jason's small bistro table by the window, a lit candle flickering between them. He could barely focus on his food when she was there opposite him, looking so beautiful. There was a glow about her that negated the gauntness of her face, made the visible effects of her drug use less noticeable. Too often recently he had struggled to overlook her deterioration, almost forgetting to simply enjoy his time with her. It felt good to pretend that everything was okay for a bit. But watching her now, his imagination running with the possibility of settling down with her and finally turning his individualistic life into one shared, he couldn't help but let practicality worm its way into his head.

"Ye do be lookin' well today," he told her, a soft smile on his face. Given the mood, he didn't really want to talk about anything heavy, but he knew he needed to broach the subject at some point. After a pause, he went on. "To tell ye the truth, Gwen, I've been worryin' about ye for some time, now. I know it's not easy to talk about, but I...I can't help it. It's just that care about you. A lot." Jason's eyes fell to the flickering candle, his anxious mind checking to make sure there was enough wax left to last through the meal. "And I'm not sure how much I can care for you on my own. I'm wonderin'...I'm wonderin', has anyone suggested rehab?" He looked her in the eye then, trying to keep his expression neutral in hopes that he wouldn't come across as condescending. "I know we have the show comin' up, and it's not that I don't want to do it...but at the end of the day, you're more important than some Broadway show, Gwen. I just want t'make sure you're keepin' safe."

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Gwen

Conor Sullivan

OffbeatSkinnyGreyhounddog-size_restricted.gifIt was tempting to tease Rachel and Mitch about the flirty little exchange they were having, but Conor had decided to let the two of them off the hook in hopes it would be the start of something sweet for the pair of them. Instead, his attention had been drawn to two men standing at the bar debating which horses they were backing for the next day's races. Most of his experience with the horses had been fixing the races back in Dublin and part of him was sure some of that was going in in New York too. It certainly was were the underground fights were going on. Not that he or his associates would admit to having any part in that, of course...

A familiar voice drew Conor's attention away from the people around him and an amused grin took over his expression as he heard someone call him a "slimy bastard". He didn't need to look over his shoulder or give any second thought to know the man addressing him was Jackson. He hadn't seen his good friend in a few years, having last visited Dublin just a couple of months before being arrested and getting locked up. He let Jackson playfully punch him and mess his hair about, chuckling at the man's greeting. "Well, look at you, you handsome fucker!" he cheerfully replied, playfully punching the man's shoulder in return. "Ah, mate. I would have called, but I've been in the slammer for the last few years. Those wanker wardens wouldn't let me call out to Ireland, not even after all of the sexual favours I was offering up to them," he joked. The big smile never left his face as he felt genuinely happy to see his old friend in New York and right in front of him in his pub. It was quite surreal. After over three years of misery, everything seemed to be picking up for Conor and having his friend in town was the icing on the cake. He knew being sensible in prison would be worth it, but he didn't realise just how good things would get for him, especially not all at once.

Conor looked Jackson over again before pulling the man in for a big old brotherly hug and a firm pat on the back. "How could I ever forget about you?" he pointed out before releasing him and taking a step back. "I didn't expect to see you here," he admitted. He had some idea things were getting to the point were reinforcements were needed, but he hadn't quite expected anything yet, especially not to have Jackson over from Dublin. "Is this just a social call or has Jimbo brought you in?" he curiously asked. "How's Blake and the little lass doing? Your kid is... six, right?" he asked, realising Natasha was only a toddler when he'd last seen the child.

"What are you drinking? My best barmaid is currently flirting with the only decent lawyer on Earth, so I'll get you whatever you're having." He couldn't help but let out another laugh, completely oblivious to the dark and worrying scene Jackson had just left. "Jesus, am I pleased to see you, mate!"

Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back