• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Aliana Cartwright-Sullivan

hannah-john-kamen-at-the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-premiere-in-london-08-22-2019-6.jpg

Ali gave him a small look at his comment about Black Sabbath before actually hearing the song that was being played. She missed that around the house, that stupid humor and teasing of his. It only made her feel even worse about the way she had been acting for the past 3 years, feeling like she had missed out on the best parts of her relationship. But, she knew she couldn't dwell on that as it was in the past and she was working on their future. Watching Conor pour wine into two glasses, she rested her elbow on the table and her chin in hand. The nervousness she was feeling in the pit of her stomach wasn't going to subside anytime soon she knew that much, but it was driving her crazy. Maybe the alcohol would make a portion of it go away? Waiting for him to join her, she lifted her glass for a toast and waited for him to do the same. "To getting back on track, hm?" After a few moments, she raised the glass to her lips and smiled at his comment. "I'm going to assume you didn't account for the added wrinkles I've been gaining running after your child." She joked, breaking the ice some more.

The two spent some time idly talking about mundane things. She was thankful for it, too, since it was calming her nerves more and more. It wasn't until he shifted in his seat that she noticed a change was coming. Her thoughts were right as he brought up the situation with Leo and sending him away. She knew it wasn't something Conor wanted to do when she mentioned it to him in the first place and understood his reasonings. However, the paranoia of something happening to her son had settled in. Listening to him speak about wanting to re-discuss it, she took a deep sigh and nodded her head. It was understandable and thoughtful, Conor wanting his son around for all the right reasons. It made her think back to her own relationship with her father and how she wished she'd have been able to see him more. Perhaps their relationship would be more than words on a piece of paper?

The thought of it, having Leo around with all this violence, scared her and made her reach for Leo's old string bracelet. It was stressful to think about, but she had lost one innocent person and she was not going to lose another. But, a part of her knew that Conor was right. What if there was danger in California and they weren't there to protect him anyway? Taking a deep breath, she nodded. "That kid is my world... Our world and I would not be able to live with myself if, God forbid, something happened to him... Which is why I agree with you in keeping him here." Once she finished her sentence, she stopped playing with her wrist and took a sip of her drink once more. Her nerves were still raging, that stressful memory of Leo's death crossing her mind, but she was going to manage.

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Elvian Moretti

2.44281613.jpg
There was a small concern in Elvian while looking at the numbers of her shops in different places. It seemed like things fluctuated a bit more than she liked and she would definitely need to get to the bottom of it rather sooner than later. The should always be an increase or a stagnation, she thought, but never something like this fluctuating so much. She would need Gabriel's opinion on it, as he was more business-savvy than she was these days. While most people would want to do it themselves, Elvian wasn't afraid to ask for help whenever she needed it.

Hearing her daughter knock on her door, she looked up with her glasses on the tip of her nose. Smiling as she recognized who it was, she dropped her pen and stood up. "Ahh, fiica mea frumoasă, my beautiful daughter. How are you?" She asked, making her way over to give her a hug. The sound of her heels was audible as she reached her and gave her a hug, her hands resting on her shoulders. A small laugh escaped her lips when she referred to Gabriel as Gomez while shaking her head. "Don't let your father hear you say that. He'll assume you're being quite disrespectful." Walking back to her desk, she closed the book she was writing in and put everything away before locking it all up. It wasn't that she didn't trust her household with her personal business matters but instead was very cautious of them. Plus, it was something she had observed Gabriel was doing and figured there was a reason he did so.

When she was finished, she linked her arm with Valentina's and smiled. "Let's start with some food first, hm? There was this charming little restaurant not too far from the flower shop we can try." She told her, leading her outside. Moments later the two would arrive at Le Coucou, a French restaurant, their chauffeur opened the door for the two of them. When they were seated, she ordered a bottle of their Dom Perignon Rose then laced her fingers together. "I'm very excited to show you the building and get your opinion on it, but until then how are you acclimating to the city?" She asked. It was important, she thought, to check in with her kids as she knew they didn't want to leave as much as she didn't. Unlike her husband, she allowed her children to be completely open and honest with her. It was important, she thought for them to able to do so especially in times of change.

Valentina ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Syd Porter

1572825979889.png Becoming grandparents is a significant milestone to reach in life; for most people, it would merit some expression of surprise. So of course Syd had been anticipating the shock from his parents when he told them the news. Smiling brightly, he let out a excitable chuckle when Lucy choked on a mouthful of a tea, causing it to spill onto her dress. "You alright, there? Here -" He leaned over and placed a box of tissues on the coffee table so that she could mop up the mess. James' expression had grown distant and he now gazed towards the window ahead of him as though the words were echoing around in his head. Wanting to give him a chance to process the news, Syd looked to Roxie with a proud smile on his face and raised her hand to kiss it. Still, no one had said anything.

Lucy spoke up first - or tried to, at least. After some brief stuttering, she finally turned to the couple and voiced her concerns about how long they had known each other and whether it was the best time for either of them. Before he could reply, James then asked them how they were going to manage, on the assumption that the pregnancy hadn't been planned. "Well, we've talked about that, haven't we, Roxie?" he eagerly answered, turning to face her for a moment while rubbing his free hand over the back of hers. "And we decided that the best way to go forward with it is if Roxie moved in with me here, so I can be there for her and so we wouldn't have to raise it in Manhattan. Sure I have my work, she has her education...but look, we have a big family. Think about Thomas, Olivia, Lorelei, Leo - there's always someone there for them, right? So even if we were busy, the kid would always have someone."

His father sounded serious when he firmly reminded them that they were about to bring a new life into the world and asked them how long they had known. His tone of voice made Syd a little uncomfortable but he tried to keep everything light. "I've known about five weeks," he admitted, feeling almost as though he were being interrogated. "But Roxie's already seven weeks along. I wanted to tell you sooner, but we thought it was better to figure it out between ourselves first." Syd's voice grew faint as he came to the end of his sentence. Nobody was smiling. The look on his parents' face wasn't just one of shock, but of apprehension, disbelief and...disappointment.

He swallowed, feeling like he was in hot water with his parents once again. However, since all the scenarios he had come up with in his head had ended with his parents being nothing but happy, he shook off his fear and brought the smile back to his face with fresh optimism. It was weaker this time, but his earlier happiness still shone through. "You're gonna be grandparents!" he reminded them, as though their own happiness lay just beneath the surface and all they needed was a little push to get over the initial shock. "And I'm finally going to be a dad..." His cheeks grew warm again and a soft, dreamy look appeared in his eyes. Syd couldn't get enough of that word. Part of him had sensed the negative air in the room and so had chosen to settle his gaze on the wall ahead to avoid the look on his parents' faces. He still wanted everything to go the way he had prepared for and was doing everything he could to block out the possibility that his parents were not happy. There was even a bottle of champagne in the kitchen waiting to be popped open. Thinking about it, Syd looked towards the door to the hall and brought his hands together eagerly. "Let's celebrate then, shall we?"

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray James
Bellz Bellz Lucy, Roxie

KEEGAN LYNCH

dangerous-lady-045cdef1-883a-4bff-a220-e38dfeef4fb-resize-750.jpeg

Keegan was just about to agree to heading outside when the mood shifted, Warren's mood shifted. He was reading quickly, he had to read quickly in a world where they deal with criminals of similar calibers. From their casual conversation earlier, he could tell that Warren was full on-alert now, that much was clear when the younger man had walked out the queue without a second thought and Keegan followed closely behind.

He grunted in response to Warren pointing out the obvious denominator as he wandered closer to the widow, his unlit cigarette dangling from his lips as he conjured up all the possible ways that this could go wrong. He did not recognize the two men who were guiding her into the narrow alleyway, that much set flags off. They needed to act now rather than wait to see what would happen.

More witnesses.

That was good thinking, though he wanted to also prevent them from having made a hasty escape if anything did kick off. Keegan narrowed his eyes at the suggestion. "More witnesses, the more chance they could use the crowd to fuck us over." He mused out loud. "Which of the two of them looks more in charge?" It was the same tactic that had been repeated for generations upon generations; grab the most important looking one out of the group, put them down and there was a chance the others would flee.

But that would give them cause (whoever they worked for) for retaliation. And there was only a slim chance the other would simply abandon whatever they were planning on doing with Savannah, but at least he could ruin their evening for them.

"We need to follow." Keegan mentioned, gesturing after the retreating forms of the trio. "Right, Warren, I need you to drop back a little, just enough so you're not in their line of sight." He had a plan forming, it was a half-arsed plan if it was anything to go by but he needed to see if it would work. "I'm going to talk to a man about a dog. And a lighter." With that, Keegan took out his own lighter and threw it towards Warren with a nod.

He increased his pace towards the three, trying to adopt his best behavior 'as if he were around his mother' look. "Excuse me, any of you got a light?"

Tag: Misty Gray Misty Gray (Warren), Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve)

Gwen Bryant
Lorelei Bryant
Fucked up .gifGwen could see Jason from where she stood getting out of her car, though this was confusing to her she didn't hesitate to reach out to him when made it to her. "I'm alright, I'm okay." She muttered but the pain that was etched on her face said otherwise. Her ears rang so loud that she could barely hear Jason explain that he was going to pick her up. Gasping as he lifted her in his arms, her head immediately moved to rest on his shoulder as he carried her to the car.

Lorelei had been busy choosing a radio station like Jason suggested but when she looked away to see where he had run off to, she saw her mother in his arms, bleeding.
Crying out, she immediately moved to help them open the door. "What happened?!" She asked with tears in her eyes. Nodding her head as she was told to get into the backseat, Rory climbed over the front bench into the back and sat down with her mother as she was being placed in the car.

Gwen struggled to keep her head up enough to look into her daughter's eyes but she shushed the girls cries lightly as she moved to wrap her blood covered arms around the small redhead. "Mamma?" Rory croaked and Gwen shushed her once more, "Its alright." Was all she said before her attention was turned to Jason, who was asking for directions.

"No." She voice was weak but her tone was firm, "They will ask too many questions, I can't go to the hospital." They would lock her up in rehab for sure if she went there. "Finn...Finn can help me." She struggled before lifting her arm up weakly, pointing ahead. "You're going to make a left and get onto the highway in a few miles going north." There wasn't really any time to argue as the car pulled out into the busy street and headed on its way.

***​
Gwen must have passed out because Rory shook her harshly, causing the woman's head to fall to the left. "Mamma wake up!" Rory demanded in a tone much like her own when she was scolding Rory. "You have to stay up!" Gwen mumbled something but she couldn't quite get the words out. Looking around her, she could see the familiar mansion. She didn't remember giving Jason directions to the house but everything felt like a dream to her at the moment. "I'll get one of the guards to call Uncle Finny!" Rory said with determination in her voice before moving out of the car and running towards the house.

Gwen saw Jason still sitting in the front seat and her head slowly turned to look at his face in the rearview mirror. "They wanted money...I didn't have it." She whispered hoarsely. Her head was throbbing and as she lifted her hand to feel the sticky blood that stuck to her face, she knew she was hurt bad. "I'm so stupid." She said with defeat in her voice before moving her hands up to cover her face lightly.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Conor Sullivan

1572126175318-png.640794
Conor toasted to getting back on track with Aliana, flashing her a charming smile as he did. When she pointed out her added wrinkles to him, he laughed and shook his head. "Well, I didn't like to point them out, Granny Ali," he playfully told her. He took a small drink from his wine glass before placing it back down on the table. "Honestly, love. You still look smoking hot and no less attractive than before I was locked up," he assured her. He then rubbed his hand over his own cheek and grinned. "Ahhh. Smooth," he teased, suggesting his own skin was wrinkle-free.

The subject had turned serious, with them discussing Leo. Conor could see Aliana's apparent apprehension at his request for Leo to remain in New York. Whilst it was understandable to be concerned, Conor hoped she would agree with him on the matter. When she did seem to come around to the idea, a faint smile was evident on Conor's face. He wanted to be able to spend time with Leo doing all of the normal things he'd missed out on, so having him in New York made that possible and the thought pleased him. "Thank you. I'm glad we both agree on this. We'll all be much happier with him living here and not at the other side of the country."

Glancing to the clock, Conor knew he had to tend to their meal. He excused himself from the table and set about serving them their meal. He placed a bowl of stew in front of each of their places before sitting back down opposite his wife. "Dinner is served, Madam," he informed her. "I hope you like it. It''s been a while since I cooked some real homemade grub."

After taking a moment to eat a little of the food, Conor focused back on Aliana. "So, I've got four months of my parole left and Dr. Parker reckons I've got through the worst of it, that I'm not the same idiot who got himself locked up in the first place. What about you, Ali? What do you think of me since I've been back out? Whilst I want to be a better man for you and Leo, I I believe I've improved for the sake of all aspects of my life. Though it was a struggle dealing with those two guys who were trying to wind me up, it felt quite natural to engage my brain and think objectively rather than just throwing my fists around."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)

Tatiana Moretti

1573343894919.pngAs soon as Sinead agreed to follow her to her table, Tatiana turned on her heel and sent her father a subtle smirk. The woman had an air of unaffected charm, as though she had never lived through terror. It didn't surprise Tatiana in the slightest to see her with a smile on her face while she was in her own establishment, but it amused her that the couple had no idea of the things she and her family knew about them.

Peter, on the other hand, wore a stony expression that told Tatiana he went about his business very seriously. However, even if he had come to expect trouble after all he and his family had suffered, Tatiana had no doubt that her father would be able to charm his way through the conversation without arousing suspicion. Unless, of course, that was his intent.

Once the three had reached the table, Peter greeted Gabriel and Marcus which prompted her father to introduce himself. The fake name of 'Salvatore Durante' caused her face to twitch in subtle amusement and she caught Marcus' eye, delighting in the deceit their father was so excellently playing. She assumed her original seat when everyone else also sat down, bringing her glass of wine closer to her to open up more space on the table. It was then that she spotted her; the guard from the entrance was now approaching them and so Tatiana kept her eyes down, focusing instead on her drink to make it look like she hadn't even noticed her presence.

It seemed that she had something of a flexible job description, as she was soon asked by Peter to take the table's drinks order. Carefully turning the glass of wine in her hand, Tatiana continued to actively ignore the woman until she directly asked her if she would like something to drink. Being addressed as a lady by such an attractive woman was something she wasn't accustomed to and so she instantly found herself blushing, as well as feeling slightly defensive. She looked up to the guard to see her smiling in her direction, but rather than smile back she looked at her with mild hostility in her eyes. "My glass is full, thank you," she replied, almost immediately averting her gaze. It took some effort not to look back up at her - she had such allure, such style, such presence...and she had for some reason singled Tatiana out, which left her feeling confused. At the end of the day, it was obvious that she worked for the Callahans and therefore any hints or advances would have to be rejected before she could even think of whether or not she enjoyed them. Pursuing women of her fancy had big enough consequences, but pursuing the enemy was a step too far even for Tatiana.

The tension that arose from her father being denied his right to smoke a cigar inside the club drew Tatiana out of her thoughts. It only took a few seconds for the tension to clear as her father managed to maintain his role as the friendly Saltavore Durante. He turned to Tatiana and Marcus to ask for their opinions on whether their mother would prefer to hire her own choice of band for the pretend birthday party, or whether she would enjoy the house band. Given that this wasn't going to happen anyway, Tatiana didn't think her answer would matter much. Tapping a manicured nail against the side of her glass, she looked at Sinead and allowed her face to soften into a friendlier expression. "I think she would like to watch you play, Mrs Callahan," she told her with a charming smile. "She will no doubt appreciate the involvement you have in your own club. It shows that you are proud of what you have built." Keeping her eyes on Sinead, she maintained a warm smile before raising her glass to her lips. She hoped that she was proud; it would make it taste all the sweeter when her family took it away from her.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Sinead, Gabriel
Bellz Bellz Peter, Rebel
RayPurchase RayPurchase Marcus

Mitchell Van Gerwen

tl-gif_overlay.jpeg

This was definitely a simpler day for Mitch. No cops, no pushy detectives sliding over the line, or some low ranker forgetting the number for his only phone call. A straightforward property transaction, he hadn’t done something like this is in years. He’d been part of a few transactions with the Porters, but they were far more convoluted and off the books, this was straight shooting stuff, no loopholes no pitfalls or traps. Would be the closest thing that he had to a day off for a while. Given the reputation of Hell’s Kitchen, he’d taken a cab down, he didn’t want to park up only to find it up on bricks, he’d heard stories after all. He stepped out of the yellow cab and straightened his tie, the red offsetting against the crisp white shirt and dark grey suit. He was probably a tad over dressed for the area, once again the only people dressed like this round here were most likely cops or lost, but this was business after all. His face softened into a smile as his eyes met Rachel’s. Mind you there was perhaps a bit of mixing of pleasure. He hadn’t been able to grace the Emerald as much as he would have liked to over the previous weeks, tied to his desk most days, and increasingly down the firing range on spare evenings.

“Afternoon Rachel, fancy seeing you here. Didn't know you ever left the Emerald”

He looked behind her at the old brick building. She was right it didn’t look like much, but then again he thought that about a great deal of Hell’s Kitchen.

“I don’t doubt it, luckily I’m just here to look over the paperwork, cross the Is and dot the Ts. If someone’s happy enough to make a decent offer that you and your brother are happy with I’m more than happy to get that money into your accounts,”

He raised a hand in the direction of the burly Mechanic in the workshop, good to see there was some backup. Whilst the pistol sat snuggly under his arm, he had yet to actually use it outside of the range, and never in anger. He would prefer to keep it that way for as long as possible, the longer it stayed an expensive paperweight the better. He approached Rachel, greeting her awkwardly with a handshake that almost frittered into a hug, his cheeks flushing slightly at the near awkward dance he was performing. Pull yourself together man. He laughed, attempting to relax a little in the presence of Rachel.

"Apologies I'm a tad fingers and thumbs this morning, chalk it down to a lack of coffee or something like that..."

Catching movement out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of 3 men. One of them was a burly bugger, and made him ever more grateful of the Mechanic they had on site, he looked like the sort of guy who would tear off Mitch’s arm and be able to beat him round the head with it.

“I’m guessing these gentleman represent the other side of the transaction…?”

(Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray Rachel)

Tony Harris

images

It had been a hell of a few weeks for Tony. The Conor and Finn encounter had ended up being a damp fucking squib, a real cock tease, they’d been so close to starting something. And what had the result been? Words and posturing, a waste of fucking breath. Obviously Teddy and the Boss hadn’t seen it that way, for them it was a roaring success, all mind games and wheels within wheels. Like hell it had been a success, success would have been Finn and Conor dragging and stumbling their battered bodies back home with their eyes down and their tails between their legs. And now they had orders to lie low, Tony didn’t do discrete and he didn’t do lying low. The two weeks he had spent between his cupboard of an apartment and the local pub, soon becoming one of the regulars, in particular the one who sat in the corner with a look of thunder on his face and who you didn’t say a word to. Somehow he managed to last until day 17 before getting barred from the pub. A couple of irish dockers in high spirits, whose only crimes were being Irish, and singing a folk song. It hadn’t taken much to spark Tony’s fuse. 7 minutes later, he was storming out of the pub, knuckles bloodied and his nose crooked, one of them had a mean right hook, ‘had’ being the operative word, leaving behind broken tables, a shattered femur, and a lot of missing teeth. It had helped dampen the ever presence buzz that pervaded his thoughts, like a swarm of bees buzzing about the confines of his head that only violence could calm, but the hum never dissipated fully.

The next 3 weeks were a bit of a blur, he found a boxing gym a few minutes walk from his apartment and had been plying his trade there, stopping himself from going to fat or going fully insane. Hitting a pattern of drinking, sleeping and boxing, it enabled him to get his aggression out without having the cops called on him, or from being kicked out of yet another pub. The job had come at an opportune time before the routine began to grate on him again. Obviously the thrill of the assignment had soon slipped away as the specifics came through. A transaction, paperwork and payment, they were openly selling as well so it wasn’t even as if any arms had to be twisted to get the thing moving. He had spent most of the journey in silence, arms folded. He grunted in acknowledgement of Teddy’s request.

“Right I’ll just stand here and glare, same old, same old,”

He leant in next to Noah, his voice barely a whisper as his lips hovered centimetres from his ear.

“As for you any funny business, and I will personally make sure that you won’t be eatin’ anythin’ but liquids for the rest of your soon to be shortened life, got it… bud?”

He gave his shoulder a tight and painful squeeze with his paw like right hand. For the first time in weeks something akin to a smile gracing his craggy features. It didn’t last long however, slipping once more.

( Misty Gray Misty Gray Noah, Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Teddy)

Steve Kelly

1573485218435.png It wasn't hard for Steve to appear natural as he walked the streets with Savannah on his arm. All he had to do was keep an eye out for anyone giving them strange looks, but in a bustling street it just looked like he was watching where he was going. His mood had gradually soured in the weeks since Luke's disappearance, but while he wasn't sure he would be able to hold back if he met a member of the Irish Mob, it was different with Savannah. The vulnerability he saw in her made him feel very much like he had the upper hand, and since he knew that the way he acted towards her made her feel uncomfortable and helpless it made it easy to put on a show.

The playfulness of Steve's laugh juxtaposed the weight of Ethan's words when he pointed out that Savannah's family had been responsible for the death of his wife. "Hey, keep it light, man," he jokingly warned him. "I don't think she's ever thought of it that way before. The guilt might send her into shock!" He leaned into her then, giving her a quick squeeze as his smile broadened. All the while he made sure that the three of them kept up a steady pace. His eyes were trained on an upcoming turn off point that would direct them to a quieter street.

His attention was broken momentarily as someone caught up to the three of them and asked for a lighter. Not wanting anyone to get in his way, Steve gave the man the cold shoulder and refused to slow down for him. "Get a job, you bum," he jeered, shaking his head. When he thought the man was out of earshot, he glanced to Ethan. "Something I always hated about New York, no one has a problem bothering you for shit. Like I'm gonna stop to help some scrounger. I've got shit to do! Ain't that right, pretty girl?" He tilted his head towards her, planting a soft, sweeping kiss on the side of her head. "Oh wait - you can't even imagine what I'm gonna do to you," he reminded himself aloud, letting out a dark chuckle as his mind ran with ideas of how he could torment Savannah. "You never know what's waiting right around the corner..." As the three came closer to the turn into the side street, Steve slid his hand further down and gave her thigh a gentle pinch.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah, Ethan, Warren
Bugsy Bugsy Keegan

Peter Callahan
Rebel Holt
Peter Sitting.png
Peter wasn't sure what to make of the family before him as he sat next to his wife. But seeing that Rebel had gotten the hint made him feel a little more secure. Peter requested a scotch from Rebel to which the woman nodded her head lightly. The rest of the table ordered before Rebel finally asked the other woman at the table what she wanted to drink. Peter raised his eyebrows at her specifically calling the woman out but tried not to look too surprised as Sinead brought the attention of the table back to the party that was to be planned.

Rebel wasn't sure why she had actively sought out an answer on the woman's order but she couldn't turn back even if she wanted to. Tatiana's voice was full of hostility as she answered Rebel's question and the tone of voice made her want to roll her eyes.

Instead, Rebel smiled and nodded her head. "Well if you want a refill just ask." She stated simply before turning away from the table and headed towards the bar. Rebel hated to turn her back to the Callahans but she had to remind herself that it was only for a few moments. She would be back to keep an eye on them soon.

Peter watched Rebel leave the table before his own attention turned back to the family in front of him. Clearing his throat lightly, he nodded his head along as Gabriel mentioned that what he was requesting would come with a price. He was correct. Staying silent as he let his wife handle the business discussion, he watched as Mr. Durante pulled out a cigar.

Sinead was firm in telling him that there was no smoking in the club and Peter cracked a small smile at her courage. Watching the man's face carefully for any signs of anger, Peter moved his arms in front of his chest, crossing them tightly before leaning his elbows against the table. Silently backing up Sinead's words with a bit of intimidation.

Mr. Durante looked to Peter then and the men stared at each other. After a moment the man turned to his family members and Peter looked to them as well. At the suggestion of Sinead playing at the party, Peter cleared his throat once again. "She is normally not on the set list for Tuesday's...its going to cost you a little extra to get my darling wife on stage. But I'm sure it won't be a problem since you want to through the perfect party for your mother." Peter tried to offer a friendly smile, but he was sure it looked just as awkward as it felt.

Rebel returned just in time to cause a pause in the conversation and the woman was quick to remove the drinks from the tray she was holding. "This is head of security and sometimes part time waitress if we are understaffed, Rebel Holt. She would be in charge of making sure you and your family have a safe evening at our club. She works hard and is alert. Nothing slips by her." The words that came out of Peter's mouth almost sounded like a threat. Peter felt an energy that he couldn't recognize. He didn't like to be in the dark about things.
with: Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Pyroclast Pyroclast RayPurchase RayPurchase

Savannah Callahan and Ethan Turner
Warren Taylor

1572126006023-png.640786
When asked which of the two men with Savannah looked to be in charge, Warren thought for a moment as he recalled the men's faces. "I can't be certain, but I'm inclined to go with the older one, but that could just be because the other guy's got his eyes on Savannah," he bitterly reasoned.

Warren nodded when Keegan said they needed to follow. He couldn't agree more and had no intention of letting the young woman out of their sights. As the time went on, there was no more question in his mind that the Callahans' daughter wasn't with the two men by choice. So, when told to drop back, he sent a glare in Keegan's direction, not feeling comfortable with stepping back from the situation. But when it was explained he needed to stay out of the line of sight, he nodded his head and relented. If the men were Porter enemies, there was a good chance they'd know he was James' brother. "Alright. Just... be careful," he said, he voice lowering as he acknowledged that his sentiment really went without saying. Warren did as requested and backed off, making sure to remain nearby and with the others in sight, but at enough distance not to be noticed.

1572220182525-png.641101
When Savannah heard a man's voice requesting a light, her eyes shot up to the newcomer, no doubt her discomfort reflecting deep within them She recognised Keegan, mostly due to the fact he'd also been present for Arlene's funeral. The fact he hadn't spoken her name and he wasn't holding a gun to Steve's head meant the situation was being approached carefully. As such, she cast her eyes downward, not wanting to give away any signs that Keegan knew her nor that he was part of the mob. She just had to hope he had something up his sleeve - or even that he knew who she was by now.

Steve soon responded to Keegan, calling the man a bum and basically telling him to go away. Ethan smirked at Steve and nodded his head, maintaining awareness of the pathway ahead of them, not wanting to get distracted by some man scrounging for a light. "He should go bother the pricks who think they own this city, ain't that right, blondie?" he teased Savannah, keeping his tone light for effect.

Steve soon turned his attention back to Savannah, causing her to practically shrink under his grip. She took in a deep breath as the man kissed the side of her head and taunted her about what he was going to do to her. She quickly shook her head, trying to shake out his words and the deep fear that came with them. She could only hope Keegan was going to help her to get away from the two men who were terrorising her. Before she could think of how she might be able to help Keegan to help her, she felt Steve's hand slide down her leg to pinch her thigh. Instinctively, she used her hand to bat his hand away from her thigh. "Stop it!" she commanded in a loud whisper, before trying to use the weight of her body to nudge him away from her and hopefully force him to let go...

Bugsy Bugsy (Keegan) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve)

Aliana Cartwright-Sullivan

hannah-john-kamen-at-the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-premiere-in-london-08-22-2019-6.jpg
The smell of food hit Aliana's nose as Conor walked back into the room with their meals. It'd been a while, even before the relationship had taken a turn, that she had a homecooked meal from her husband. "Well, it looks and smells great. Time to see if you've lost your touch or not." Lifting her spoon to her lips, she smiled and nodded her head, giving him a thumbs up. She missed his cooking, sometimes, and internally couldn't wait to have him back home. It started to make her feel even more optimistic about their relationship and the way tonight was going. But, she couldn't help but feel like there were still more things they needed to talk about before she could even think about sharing a bed with him again. While she was fine with that, getting it all out in the open, it scared her to think about the direction it could take. It'll either be good and that was something she wanted or it could go bad and she honestly didn't want that. They had worked so hard the past few weeks to get rid of any animosity and ill feelings towards each other. To think all of that hard work could go to waste because of what either of them would say next scared her.

Ali slowly set her spoon down when he brought up his parole. Placing her hands in her lap, she listened intently to his words in order to form a fair, honest yet peaceful response. He asked her what she thought about him being out of prison. She couldn't say anything negative about him returning, seeing as he hadn't done anything destructive since his return. If she were being honest, he had done nothing to make her think he wasn't working on himself. It was all very impressive, especially knowing how well he handled himself during the confrontation with the two men at the restaurant. She still had her own concern about that and she felt it best to ask about it instead of letting it sit in the back of her mind for the rest of her life.

"I think... You've been doing good. To be honest, when you were first released I expected you to need some sort of bailing out. If not me to help, then someone else and you haven't. You've truly shown me, everyone and I hope yourself that you're an even better man now than before you went to prison... I wish you didn't have to end up prison to be taught that lesson, but it worked so.." She started to tap her finger on the table, thinking about how to ask. It was when he asked her if she had been with anyone else, that bothered her. While she knew it was just his emotions asking and he was angry from their confrontation, it still bothered her to think there could be any small part of him that could think she would ever cheat on him. With a deep sigh, she just went with it. "So, I have a question and it's been bothering me for a long time... Do you... Really think I could ever cheat on you? Regardless of our relationship? I mean, what would make you think I could? Or even would?"

Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Ani Sarraf
6526273455_5f6d0f4b6e_b.jpg
Ani's head lifted to look at Maddox as he told her that she worked too hard, she only rolled her eyes at him before giving him a teasing yet tired smile. He went on to say that she was welcome on the couch in his office anytime, along with the couch back at his apartment. This made Ani smile mischievously before leaning her head back once more against the cushions.

"I'll have to take your word for it now, I'm going to be swamped at work the next couple of days." She said, her smile fading into a frown as she let out a heavy sigh.

Maddox spoke about Gabriel and Ani rolled her head to the side to look at him as he spoke. She nodded her head along but his last words echoed inside of it. Reversing Conor's progress. The human mind was the most delicate part of a person, like glass. It can handle many things, but make too many cracks and the whole thing would shatter to pieces.

Ani didn't voice her opinion on Maddox's work, as she wouldn't dare stand in front of a man and deny him his revenge...but it was difficult and was weighing on her mind heavily. When he asked how she was doing, Ani had to really think about her answer. Things had been tense the last few weeks with her brother being in confinement at her home.

Since the incident with Alistair and the unknown woman that had been dead in her house, Ani had become more careful of her brother and stricter in a sense. "Alistair hasn't been giving me too much trouble besides that one incident and Ammon..." Ani lifted her head and sat up straighter. "Tell me this, Dr. Parker." She paused as she thought out her question, "What's a woman to do when her mental unstable brother kills another innocent person?"

Ani let the question hang in the air a moment as she moved to stare at the centerpiece on the coffee table. "He's become too much, even for me. After having to see that poor woman, after having to dispose of her like she was nothing but garbage...I just don't know what to do with him." He was currently home and heavily sedated with injections that Ani had stolen from the hospital. "He's the only family I have now...and its selfish of me because I know it would be better for him if he was in a ward. Better for the world, actually."
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy Porter
Roxie Carriveau
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.39.53 PM.png
Lucy was dead silent as Syd announced his plans with Roxie, sounding very optimistic for the future with her. James asked how long they knew about the baby and Lucy was eager to know how long her son had been lying to her face. She had thought they were getting closer, and if they were closer surely this was something that would have been brought up as soon as he knew about it...but she was wrong. Maybe they weren't as close as she had previously thought.

5 whole weeks and he didn't utter a word to her about it. Even though this was news she wasn't pleased about, she was hurt that he hadn't come to her in the first place. They wanted to figure it out on their own...together. Syd reminded them both that they were going to be grandparents and Lucy wished that she could have been happy in that moment, with him and for him. Given the way he's been for years since Skye died, she wanted to be happy.

But she couldn't, at least not right now. Lucy didn't know what to say, swallowing harshly, she knew she had to say something. But she was cautious, knowing that Syd tended to have extreme emotions, he was happy at the moment but no matter what she said, he wouldn't be happy with her.Their relationship was most likely going to be ruined and it was all because she wanted him to get better, before he made such big decisions like this. So instead of bringing herself to say something, she continued to keep quiet.
alison-brie-social-media-pics-07-10-2017-2 2.jpg

Roxie had noticed the silence and the interrogation like questions and knew that this was heading in a direction that was less than desirable, especially for Syd. The sick feeling in her stomach was slowly returning and her face paled. She never backed away from a potential fight but this wasn't her fight to have. This was between Syd and his parents and there was nothing she could do to help him besides showing him unconditional support.

Lucy was saying nothing and that was honestly what Roxie was scared of the most. The poor woman looked like she was about to have a stroke while James remained steadily calm at the news, even more terrifying.Clearing her throat, Roxie squeezed Syd's hand tightly before turning to him. "Maybe we should let this settle for a bit before celebrating." She suggested softly. Her heart raced in her chest, silently praying that he would keep level headed. It had become almost second nature to her now in the five weeks they had been moved in together, being cautious of Syd.

With everything going on, he was on edge, and Roxie had been careful about making sure he stayed relaxed. But the tension in the air was so thick it felt hard to breathe. "I think we may have given them a lot of information to process."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Marcus Moretti

k5Q0xOGYzEy4bdhXq-sFM-puuSO3F_kMLCf0Ng_3vjTxLtSSH_2w7KQHAwB5WopFIBAOvZSD8a0ASi2IGppXKKJg8wiNMYFY8MdPBQkbBT0Lmeqaiu-A0Y4Q6XlgckDHYnhVj3Y

It had been a long time coming, finally the chance to work alongside his father and older sister. Marcus hadn’t slept much/at all the night before. For too long he’d been on the bench, never quite making the team, but now he’d been asked to step up to the plate with the First XI. He’d spent the best part of an hour deciding what he was going to wear, finally settling on a dark suit and equally dark tie, nothing to draw to much attention, today was about exploring the city and the various Porter venues and businesses, he didn’t exactly want to stick out like a sore thumb. The trip round Manhattan had actually been quite enjoyable, his father coming into his own as he pointed out various locations and sites, areas of safety, place and districts to avoid for the time being. But it was all going to be theirs, of that Marcus had no doubt, his father was a single minded man, and once he put his mind to a task, there was no chance of it not being achieved, and then who knows, once the old man stood down, it would all be his, the mere thought of it was enough for his lips to broaden into a grin.

The final port of call ‘All That Jazz’ was clearly one of the jewels in the Porter crown judging from the amount of security that was present, being confronted by 3 seperate guards. He wasn’t sure whether to feel hurt or proud, surely the three Morettis didn’t look that dangerous? Then again the current situation probably had the Porters on edge, the East Harlem lot had been let loose on the city, and credit to them they were getting results. A terrifying bunch, he had yet to meet any of them, but the news of their methods and results which steadily filtered down were enough to send a tremble down his spine. Luckily for the Callahans they weren’t here to cause trouble today. Papi hadn’t gone into too much detail, but so far it was all about staying civil and not causing a scene. A pretty simple plan, but one that Marcus was desperate to make sure was executed to perfection, especially his role in it, to mess it up at the first opportunity would be beyond embarrassing in the eyes of his father. Settling into the booth, he ordered himself a Scotch on the rocks, seeing as how Gabriel was paying. Tati slipped out of the booth to follow up on the owners. He smiled at his father, his voice low now that it was just the two of them.

“Not a bad place Papi. I mean personally I’d change the decor, freshen up the place a bit. But I’m guessing there’ll be time for that once we own the place,”

He didn’t have a chance for any more wise cracks as they were soon joined by the proprietors. The wife was clearly the friendlier of the two, the husband had a face like stone and a distinct lack of friendliness. Not the best attitude to have to drum up new business. He placed his hand atop his still half full glass as he looked up at rebel.

"Many thanks for the offer, I'll stick with this for now thanks, I don't want to go making a scene in your establishment,"

Whilst Gabriel remained calm, it was Marcus who stiffened slightly at the order for his father to put the cigar away. His mother was the only one to ever get away with such a demand, he wasn't sure he had ever seen anyone attempt to give such an order to him. Of course the reason he got away with it was due to the fact that he wasn't Gabriel Moretti today. Tati had caught his eye when the name slipped out, the twinkle of amusement in her own matched in his as he took a timely sip of his drink, disguising any sign or mirth at the name. Papi couldn't have chosen anything more stereotypical.

He leaned back into his seat, looking into his glass as his father asked him and Tati about the choice of music. He was beginning to enjoy this, it was all bullshit of course, there would be no party, no band, no irritatingly small hors d'oeuvres. Let the Callahans have their fun, it was all on borrowed time now, their success, their money, their business…. Their lives. All built upon the bones of his family, just pair were just well dressed and scrubbed up vultures.

"I find myself agreeing with Sis, Papi. I've already heard of the near legendary proprietor and singer of 'All that Jazz'. I didn't have to do a lot of research to find out those facts, no one mentioned how captivating she was either, a natural stage presence, perfect for a party. I'm sure we could stump up an additional fee papi?"

He inclined his head slightly in her direction, a soft grin on his features, and his eyes meeting her own. He just about managed to withhold a wink, couldn’t over do it now. Following Sis's lead of honeyed poison, kill them with kindness and a bit of flirtation, put the cat amongst the pigeons. He'd broken a fair few young girls hearts, a middle aged woman shouldn't present much more of a challenge, especially one in an unhappy marriage. Maddox sure was worth his weight in gold. He glanced up at Rebel.

“Part time security, part time waitress. Quite a diverse skill set. I can hardly find the time to work one job let alone two. Sure we'll be in very safe hands, Rebel. Unique name by the way, you'll have to tell me the story behind that some time,"

His smile remained in place as he sipped at his scotch, remaining near sprawled back in his seat, the fingers of his left hand drumming rhythmically against the table.

Interactions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Pyroclast Pyroclast

Rachel Harris
~ Jonah Finnegan ~

1572126122800-png.640791
Rachel rolled her eyes when Mitch commented about her never leaving the Emerald. "Once a year, I'm allowed outside for good behaviour, and thankfully Conor wasn't around for most of this year to see me misbehaving," she joked. "I appreciate you helping me with this. Noah told me to just get on with it, but he's known for being reckless, so I just wanted to make sure this won't bite us in the ass later. Jonah's a good guy, but he's just as impulsive as my brother."

When Mitch initiated a handshake, Rachel was surprised but didn't hesitate to return it. The handshake turned somewhat awkward as he fidgeted around having apparently almost move in for a hug. She let out a short, bashful laugh as she picked up on the lawyer's embarrassment. When he apologised to her, she shrugged her shoulders, having already gotten over the awkward moment. "Don't you worry. I'm sure you were just trying to console me after realising I've had to hang around Hell's Kitchen so much lately," she teased, offering him a playful wink. Her gaze lingered on Mitch for a moment before she was snapped out of it when he alerted her to the arrival of the three men.

"Well, there's Jonah and who I presume is his lawyer," she said of Teddy. "The big guy? Maybe they're scared of being in Hell's Kitchen without a babysitter," she scoffed.

******​

The drive from his apartment to the garage had been uncomfortable for Jonah. He just wanted the whole transaction to be over so those threatening his fiancee's life, and Noah's life, would crawl back under the rock they came from. Whilst Teddy seemed reasonable, he wasn't getting good vibes from Tony. The bigger man had an aggressive nature about him and that was only highlighted when he threatened him directly. "I know. No funny business!" he defensively repeated the man's words. "I just want to get this done so I can get out of here and back to my life," he grumbled, quite annoyed that Noah had decided to drag him into the mess, even if they were best friends.

Before getting out of the car, Jonah briefly rubbed his shoulder, trying to brush off the lingering throbbing from Tony painfully squeezing it. By the time he was out of the car, Jonah was composed and calm. The three of them approached Rachel and Mitch. With Teddy holding the contracts, Jonah moved in to give Rachel a brief embrace. "Afternoon, Rach. Hope this isn't the lawyer who Noah paid - doesn't that guy owes you lot a refund?" he remarked.

"No, this is Mitchell... Jonah, it's a pleasure to see you, as always," Rachel sarcastically told him. "Claudia's got her work cut out wanting to marry you, that's for sure..."

Jonah laughed at the comment, managing to expertly mask that he was currently worried for his fiancee's safety, needing the deal to be finalised as soon as possible to ensure her safety. "Shall we get to it? I'm not big on all this legal crap. I'm just looking forward to looking after this place and taking in the profit! I brought this guy for the paperwork part," he said, pointing to Teddy.

Once they were in the back office, Rachel sat next to Mitch as they waited for Teddy to hand them the contract to read over and sign. As long as the price was right and she'd be rid of the dodgy garage, she'd be happy.

Jonah, meanwhile, was seated between Teddy and Tony, facing Rachel and Mitchell. He was maintaining a calm and casual posture, despite the threats that were looming over him.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Teddy) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Tony, Mitch)

Sinead Callahan and Gabriel Moretti

1572126144888-png.640792
Sinead was very briefly distracted as Tatiana tapped the glass with her nails, drawing the redhead's attention to how well manicured they were. She had to push aside her instinct to compliment the woman's style to instead remain professional during the meeting. Often, she was able to get by being charming and personable, but both Peter and Gabriel were giving off signals to her that this wasn't one of those times. Still, when Tatiana suggested Sinead should play the piano, Sinead couldn't help but blush, having not expected to be asked for directly when she offered for there to be live music. "Well, there's plenty of other pianists who--" she began, but fell silent as Marcus spoke up in agreement with Tatiana. The young man complimented Sinead's talents, causing her to shake her head and wave the comments off in a coy manner. Even after decades of performing, she still felt bashful when her talents were complimented.

It was only when Marcus' eyes caught hers that she got the impression his comments might not have been about her talents alone. Given the nature of the meeting and the others seated at the table, she was certain she'd misread his body language. She just hoped Peter wasn't looking too much into it either. Their marriage was only just back on track and she didn't want anything to come between that. She cleared her throat and nodded along as Peter spoke of her availability and the cost. "My husband is quite right, so it would cost a little more than the live acts I was first thinking of," she backed him up. She looked to Peter and sent him a brief, sweet smile. She hoped he wasn't too uncomfortable with the meeting.

1572126158999-png.640793
Gabriel had picked up on the way Peter had studied him following Sinead's command to not smoke. The man had given off something he could only deduce was hostility or an attempt of intimidation. Whilst the Italian hid his distaste well, he was on the inside glad about Peter's behaviour. It would make him even happier to add the man to the growing list of Porters he wished to ruin. Hell, Sinead seemed sweet enough, but she had the blood of the Sullivan rats coursing through her veins. The blood that, along with that of the Porters, would paint the streets red if the mob failed to submit to him when given the chance.

When Peter went on to point Rebel out to them, Gabriel looked to the woman and sent her a friendly nod, maintaining an amicable smile as he regarded her. He nodded along as Marcus spoke of the woman's skill set. "Son, I guess you need to up your game and improve that work ethic," he teased Marcus, letting out a humoured chuckle. It would seem natural to strangers, but Tatiana and Marcus would know such pointless humour was not in Gabriel's character. "I admire people who work hard - it makes them appreciate what they've got when they've earned it. Given how dangerous this city has been as of late, I would certainly appreciate knowing my family is safe during the celebrations." He nodded as he spoke. In the back of his mind, he was thinking of how the last big family party had been his brother's and how most of his family were wiped out by the Porters. The last place he would entertain any of his loved ones would be in an establishment belongs to the mob.

Gabriel took a sip of his brandy before slowly placing the glass down on the table. He nodded his head decisively before looking to Peter rather than Sinead. "This is certainly the best venue I've seen so far. I would need some time to consider my decision, but I will be in touch either way. It's good manners to follow up, regardless of my decision." He was aware of the Callahans' marital troubles from the summary Maddox had been so kind to divulge. He was sure Marcus had the same thing in mind with his behaviour towards the redhead. He could also see Sinead was trying to show she was the boss in her own way, whilst Peter was being more professional about it. He wondered how easy it would be to cause a little tension between the couple by making it look like Peter had taken the power away from his wife. "And, I am certainly keen to have Mrs. Callahan perform, if you're content with that, Mr. Callahan?" he said, now sharing his attention between the married couple.

USER=47193] Bellz Bellz [/USER] (Peter, Rebel) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Tatiana) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Marcus)

Jason Costello

1573660854219.pngIt didn't surprise Jason to hear Gwen reject his suggestion to take her to the hospital, but her stubbornness still drew a frustrated sigh from him. "Gwen, if I didn't think you needed medical attention I would've gone after the guy who -" She interrupted him with an alternative option, somebody called Finn. Jason frowned, not understanding who she was referring to or what kind of help the man could do. She seemed to know what she needed, however, so when she gave him directions he didn't argue - after all, he didn't want to waste time in getting her help. Heaving another reluctant sigh, Jason turned the ignition and pulled away from the kerb.

As soon as he worked out where he was going, Jason found himself falling into deep thought. The fact that whoever had done this to her had got away unsettled him, and he felt guilty for not catching up to them and confronting them. The attack also confounded him, not knowing what happened or why. New York was a tough place and from what he had seen from his life back in Ireland and in London, getting heavily involved with drugs would always invite danger at some stage. He just hoped she would be able to get out of the trap before it brought her to her downfall. His knuckles grew white as his concern for her caused his grip on the steering wheel to tighten.

The sound of Lorelei's voice brought Jason's attention to the silence and he realised he hadn't been paying attention to Gwen. "Keep her awake, Rory, keep talking to her," he encouraged the young girl. His heart rate picked up as the car slowed down; the entry gates rolled into view and eventually he caught sight of the mansion itself. It was enormous, and intimidatingly perfect. He hadn't marvelled upon a house so grand since he was 20 years old, rubbing shoulders with the upper classes to sell them forged art. Still, he reminded himself of why he was here: to help Gwen. After the guards saw Gwen in the backseat of the car, they opened the gates for him and allowed him to pull into the driveway. He parked as close to the house as he could for her sake, and the second he cut the engine Lorelei jumped out of the car and ran towards the house in search of Finn.

Jason sighed, readying himself to meet the family. These were people he was once convinced would want him dead for breaking Gwen's heart, and he wasn't certain that they wouldn't still. Yet here he was, and despite his anxiety he had no intention of leaving Gwen here alone. He wanted to prove to her how much he had changed, so that was what he was going to do. As he gazed up at the looming mansion, Gwen began to explain herself. He caught her eye in the rearview mirror before turning around in his seat to face her directly. She looked awful, all bloody and weak. At first he didn't get it - in a place like this her family would surely have more than enough money to support her and cover any debts she may have - but he did understand pride. Asking for help was hard, admitting to being in trouble was hard. Jason had been relying on himself financially since the age of 10, and even though he hadn't had a choice the independence he had had to develop made it hard to admit to his own struggles. It had taken him years to even realise he was an alcoholic, and probably would never have got rehabilitation had prison not forced it upon him.

"Gwen, you're not stupid," he told her softly, reaching back to place a warm hand on her knee. "You're not stupid, you're just playing a dangerous game. But we're gonna get you out of it, okay? I promise it won't be this way forever. We're all here to help ye." He held his eyes on her for a moment before looking back up to the house. It was time to face his fear. After taking a deep breath, he got out of the car and moved to help Gwen to her feet. He picked her up as he had before and carried her up the steps to the front door. It was already open, presumably from when Lorelei had run inside. He had to switch to autopilot to summon the courage to step inside or he might have just stood and hesitated.

Jason was silent as he gently placed Gwen's feet back on the ground. He was trying not to react to the elegance that surrounded him: the high ceiling, the polished floor, the expensive décor. "Come on," he murmured, afraid to speak in case his voice echoed and caused a disturbance. Supporting her by both arms, Jason slowly lead her down the hall, peering through the gaps in open doors until he found one with a seat. When he pushed the door open further, however, he noticed a man already in there. "Ah feck - I-I'm -" he stuttered, feeling himself tense up. At least for a moment, the man may not know who he was. "I just need to sit her down," he explained, his voice falling almost to a whisper.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray George
Bellz Bellz Gwen, Finn, Lorelei

Last edited:
James Porter

tenor-gif.641673
James furrowed his brows as Syd said Roxie was moving in with him. "I guess that explains why Savannah was a housemate down," he observed aloud. His son then pointed out how the family was big and good at ensuring the children were looked after. In an ideal situation, James would have been ecstatic with the news and the thought of more additions to the family. He wished that was the case in this situation, but the news had hit him at an already complicated time. Both business and Syd's mental health were suffering. "You think there'll be time for work and education, then? This is going to be a lot to take on, especially given how unsettled things have been for you lately," he reminded Syd.

James understood that the pair had taken some time to get used to the news before announcing it, so he couldn't pick fault with that. His attention moved to Roxie. "What do your parents make of this? Do they know yet?" he asked.

Syd enthusiastically pointed out he was going to be a dad, whilst James and Lucy grandparents. James forced a smile and nodded his head once. "I know. That's..." he trailed off, giving yet another awkward nod. James wasn't good at sugarcoating situations, so it was a struggle to show the same level of enthusiasm as Syd was and he couldn't help but feel bad for that. Syd suggested celebrating, but Roxie seemed to be more in tune with the atmosphere as she suggested letting the news settle before getting carried away.

"You're right. It is a lot to process," James agreed with the young woman on that fact. He turned to Lucy, placing his arm around her and giving her shoulder a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "It's just a lot, Syd. With everything that's been happening to this family lately and your own troubles. Is Dr. Parker aware of the news? You're meant to have been focusing on your recovery and avoiding further complications. Can you take on any extra stress right now?"

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Lucy, Roxie)

Self-harm
Syd Porter

ezgif.com-crop (1).gifDespite her lack of verbal input, the look on Lucy's face was hard to ignore. Syd struggled to keep his eyes off her even when James was speaking. As much as he wanted to hold onto his hope, it seemed to him that sufficient time had passed for the shock to develop into happiness. Yet his mother looked far from happy - ill, almost. Syd couldn't understand it. Trying to turn his focus away from her, he instead latched onto his father's words. "Unsettled? How have I been unsettled?" He was so quick to defend himself that he overlapped his father's sentence. Any indication of disappointment or unease was immediately challenged, both verbally and expressively. Syd fixed an intense, expectant gaze on James. "And how would you even know? You've barely seen me."

Blinded by optimism, Syd had spent the past few weeks telling himself that everything was fine: his house was tidy, his girlfriend had moved in, they were expecting a baby, he had been to work at the nightclub every day. The truth, however, was that he was looking through rose-tinted glasses. Roxie's move was for practical reasons rather than romantic; the baby had been an accident and the weight of the near-abortion still hung in the air; fatigue and distraction had been affecting his efficiency and organisation at work, causing him to forget important responsibilities. Syd had spent the last five weeks denying a lot to himself so that he could pretend he was living his dream life. The reality was too hard to face and now that his parents were slowly beginning to unveil it, he couldn't help but see them as a threat to his pride over the progress he thought he had made.

It was evident that James was struggling to find something positive to say. He was throwing out question after question and couldn't seem to find the words to explain how he felt about becoming a grandfather, nor about Syd becoming father. By this point, Syd's smile had completely fallen away, leaving no trace behind. He looked down when Roxie squeezed his hand and suggested that the celebrating should wait. Still, Lucy remained silent. It was as though she didn't want to have to be involved at all. Celebrating was all Syd had wanted to do since they had decided to keep the baby. To be denied a family celebration filled him with shame, like he shouldn't have ever felt happy or hopeful or proud of himself. Like he should have encouraged the abortion.

Silence fell upon the room and a well of misery began to form inside Syd's chest. He continued to look down, neither willing nor able to look anyone in the eye. Roxie went on to point out that the news would be a lot for his parents to process, to which James agreed. He argued that the news of a baby was a lot to add to the family's current burdens, as well as Syd's own problems that he was supposed to have been focusing on. He also asked if he could take on the extra stress and whether or not his counsellor was aware of the situation. It was all too clear that his parents weren't on board. Syd felt himself collapse internally, and passed a hand over his mouth before absent-mindedly transferring it to the large scar left on his chest from the recent torture he had endured. He was growing more and more agitated by the minute, amplified by the pressure to answer the questions being thrown at him. He knew that they were an opportunity to challenge his parents' first impression, but he was losing the energy to fight for himself. An uncomfortable heat grew behind his eyes and his jaw clenched as he rubbed deeply into his scar in an unconscious effort to channel the mental pain into something physical.

tumblr_nfpiriLHMh1qe0koio1_250.gif James' questions were left hanging when Syd realised he couldn't keep it up. Still not looking anyone in the eye, his grip on Roxie's hand tightened and his knee began to jump up and down as he struggled to contain his anguish. "This isn't something I can undo, you know," he finally murmured. "We're having this baby whether you like it or not." Feeling a lump form in his throat, Syd chewed on his lip before finally raising his head and looking between his parents with a dark glare. "I just thought you'd be happy. 'Cause you know how much having a family means to me, like. And you, mam, weren't you worried life was passing me by? You thought that because I always put the business first that'd stop me ever meeting a woman, starting a family of my own. Well, can't you see what I'm doing?"

Syd tore his hand away from Roxie's and stood up, running his hands through his hair as he began to pace. "Hell, I know I've never lived by the book but I-I've built my own successful business, I own my own house, pay my own bills, I have a girlfriend and I'm having - fuck if you like it or not - I'm having a baby! I'm a made man, what more do I have to fuckin' do..." Syd was rapidly losing control of his breathing and he dug the heels of his palms into his eyes in an attempt to push the tears back in. "When did you stop wanting me to do well? I don't understand what the fuck it is you're doing. Suspending me from the business, banishing Thomas from visiting me, shouting at my girlfriend - a-and now you don't want to see me become a father? You don't even want to be involved in my child's life? Every damn thing that's important to me, you just..." The end of his sentence was replaced by a sharp exhale as his hand returned to the hidden scar and began to scratch at it again, this time more violently. His voice was fraught with emotion and he could no longer contain the tears that had collected in his eyes. "If you're giving up on me please just be fucking straight with me, just tell me you don't want to be a part of my life anymore and we can call it. I mean, that's the beauty of adoption, right? You're not bound by blood. You don't have to be grandparents if you don't want to be. But in that case, you don't get to call me your son."

Syd rounded the coffee table so that he was standing directly in front of Lucy and James. His heart was beating heavily in his chest as though he had just run a mile. He was trying his very best not to let the weight of the suspended sobs break him down, but he could barely hold them back, could barely speak through the thick tears that fell from his eyes. The lump in his throat was so big he felt like he might choke on it. "You are not my real dad. And you're not my real mam. Both of you just get the FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE AND DON'T COME BACK!" Suddenly the sadness in his eyes turned to intense fury and vehement aggression. He was shaking and his hands had clenched into fists, but he stood his ground, knowing that to break down during a fight would put him at an immediate disadvantage.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Dad
Bellz Bellz Roxie, mam

Maddox Parker

1573680149057.pngMaddox was glad to hear Alistair had eased off troubling Ani. He knew the East Harlem guys could be quite brutal and threatening without having to even try too hard. He didn't like the idea of them intimidating Ani when there were bigger fish to fry. Part of him had wanted to mention such grievances to Moretti and Alistair, but there was never a good time to approach such a conversation with the offensive on the Porters set to intensify. Besides which, he knew Moretti enough to know the man didn't take well to being told what to do, so he'd need to word any such intervention in the most delicate of ways.

When Ani asked him what she should do about her brother, Maddox shifted in his seat before sitting up straight. His eyes fixed on the painting on the opposite wall, for a time focusing on the shades of green that made up the forest artwork. Ani admitted Ammon was becoming too much and she spoke of the innocent woman who he'd slaughtered. He understood the man was her only family, but he felt it didn't justify how much of a burden he was on her. She didn't deserve to have to clean up after him, nor to suffer through the disrespect and stress he constantly sent her way. Maddox hoped Ani would appreciate his honest opinion, not wanting to lie to the only person who brought him light in his own dark world.

"Ani, you deserve better than the life your brother is forcing on you," he said, turning his head so he could look her in the eyes. "I must give you my honest opinion on this, because I care about you and I don't want you to suffer. Someone like Ammon needs to be treated appropriately. He's unhinged and a danger to anyone he comes into contact with. I worry about you..." Maddox paused as he briefly broke eye-contact. "That woman was innocent and she didn't deserve what he did to her. You asked for my opinion, and it is my belief that he needs psychiatric help, before any more innocent people are harmed."

Maddox knew he was no saint, that he had hurt people and would continue to do so until he got the revenge he wished for. But the difference was that he didn't harm innocent people and he genuinely cared for the majority of his patients. The Porters were not innocent and he believed them to be deserving of the pain they were suffering. "It would be better for you if your brother was in a ward. It's not selfish, Ani. You deserve a better life," he reiterated

Bellz Bellz (Ani)

Gwen Bryant
Finn Sullivan
Gwen messed up .jpgGwen didn't miss the way Jason said 'we' when he referred to himself and her family. Though she was in a daze, it registered with her that he was currently outside of her brother's mansion...a place that had terrified him in the past. Gwen leaned her head back against the cushion of the car seat as Jason got out and rounded the car, she rolled her head to the side as he opened the door and helped her out of the car. Her entire body felt heavy, and her knees were so weak that they threatened to give out.

He picked her up and the action made her head feel like it was spinning. Leaning into his chest, she let her head rest against his shoulder until they made it inside. Once she was placed on her feet again, Gwen noticed the lack of barking dogs. Watching Jason take in the entryway, Gwen wondered what was going through his head in that moment. He supported her as they walked down the hall, she was about to direct him into the lounge when he walked past it towards the kitchen door, stopping as they both saw George closely reading a cookbook.

"You know not everything is by the book, luv." Finn mumbled as he closed the cabinet door that was covering most of his frame, revealing him to be wearing Lucy's frilly pink cooking apron. Jason's stuttering words caused him to turn towards the kitchen entryway to see Gwen looking like a mess, blood and all. Finn had no idea who the man was and although Gwen probably had an idea, Finn immediately tensed up himself. It had been weeks of attacks and Finn, although he wasn't involved in the action, wanted to be sure his family was safe.

"Here," Finn said in his normal voice before clearing his throat and speaking a bit lower, "Set her down over here." He commanded before taking long strides to the kitchen table and pulling out a seat for Gwen. Once she was seated, he immediately saw how bad the damage was. "What the hell happened to her?" Finn demanded, his voice raising slightly. Looking Jason, in the eyes a moment he moved back towards the island to grab a flashlight from the drawer. Returning to the couple, Finn knelt down and turned on the flashlight, immediately shining it in Gwen's eyes, causing the woman to shout.

"What are you doing? Finn! Ow!" She squeezed her eyes shut and turned her head away. "She has a concussion." Finn muttered before Gwen held out her middle finger to him. Rolling his eyes, Finn shined the light on her head wound and made a slightly sympathetic face. "Georgie, dear. Would you fetch my medical bag for me? It's in the lounge, I hid it from the children after they were trying to play doctor with my actual supplies."

Finn looked to Jason, staring him down a moment before asking, "So, you got a name? Not too many strangers are allowed in this house, especially at the moment, what is your relationship with our Gwen?"
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Georgie Misty Gray Misty Gray

Lucy Porter
Roxie Carriveau
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 4.39.53 PM.png
Lucy was aware of how Syd was looking at her, but she kept her eyes on James as he spoke, not wanting to look her son in the eye. When Roxie spoke, all Lucy could do was nod her head in agreement, it certainly was a lot to take in. But that wasn't good enough for Syd and Lucy knew it wouldn't be. Gauging his reaction as she tried to look him in the eyes, he looked away from everyone. Lucy notice his knee bouncing up and down and she immediately knew what was coming. "Syd...we know its not something you can undo." Lucy finally spoke up, her voice sounding gentle as she carefully eyed her son.

He lifted his head and she saw the dark glare he gave both of them. He spoke up again and this time pointedly spoke at Lucy, causing the blonde to flinch. She was worried about that, but that was all before the outbursts. Swallowing hard, she went back to saying nothing, looking away from Syd a moment before he stood up, causing her attention to fall back on him again.

"Syd, you need to calm down." Lucy told him as she looked to James with concern in her eyes. This was leading up to another fight and she knew that they were going to be kicked out of their son's life again. Helplessly looking back to Syd as he neurotically paced and spoke rapidly. Everything happened so quickly that Lucy could barely keep up, Syd spoke about the beauty of adoption and not being bound by blood and soon he rounded the coffee table to stand in front of them.

Lucy felt pain in her chest as he looked like he was going to sob, reaching out a hand to him, she tried to touch his own but before she could do so, he was screaming at them to get out. The blonde's eyes widened in shock at the outburst and tears formed in her eyes.

What had he become? This wasn't her sweet boy. Swallowing back tears, Lucy was quick to stand up and defend herself and James. "Well whether you like it or not Syd, bound by blood or not, we are still your parents!!" Her voice was raised only slightly, as she looked her son in the eyes, "You don't just get to bully us into submission Syd! We don't have to agree with your life decisions, especially since we are concerned for you, Roxie and your child. You are a danger to yourself and to that child. Can't you see that?" Lucy pointed a finger at him which shook wildly in front of Syd's face.

"How dare you think that we don't want to be apart of your life...how dare you say that we are not your parent!! We have worked so hard to build this family! When we found you, we were told that you were far too troubled to be adopted but we wanted to give you a chance at a beautiful life...and this is how you thank us?"

Lucy shook her head in disbelief before taking a step to the side, stepping away from her son cautiously. "I will always be your mother, Syd, James will always be your father...but right now, you are not the son we know and love. You are something else completely."

Roxie sat where she was the whole time, allowing what needed to happen, happen. This was no fight that she could help Syd win, especially now that he was displacing himself from the Porter family. Standing up slowly, Roxie walked towards Syd in an effort to calm him down and take his focus away from his parents so that they could escape. She knew that he wasn't fond of touching during his breakdowns, but she dared to place a hand on his shoulder anyway. "Syd, love. Back off. Let them leave." She whispered. Lucy's words seemed to haunt her brain as she thought about Syd being 'something else.' A part of her wondered what he was like before his life fell apart...
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; James Misty Gray Misty Gray

Ani Sarraf
6526273455_5f6d0f4b6e_b.jpg
Ani wasn't surprised when Maddox stated that she deserved a better life than what Ammon was forcing on her. She knew it to be true but her conscience told her that she had to remain loyal to her only family. His honest opinion was something that she needed and she was happy to hear it. "I know." She murmured to him. Nodding her head along, she understood what Maddox was saying to her but once again she was finding herself not knowing what to do, even though he was giving her a straight answer.

Silence fell between the pair as he reiterated that she deserved a better life. Ani carefully studied him for a long moment, thinking about what she wanted. She had her dream career, but she was also hung up in another job that she really wasn't passionate about...it was more to keep her brother safe. She was sacrificing her time and efforts to keep Ammon safe but her brother didn't care about his own safety or others...

Was that fair? For her to be constantly working hard to make sure he was safe when he simply didn't care for it? It was hard to think about letting her brother go to a ward, because she would just be endangering a whole new set of people, people who couldn't defend themselves.

But keeping him out of the ward was doing nothing to help. Letting out a heavy sigh, Ani leaned forward on the couch and covered her face with her hands. Ani wanted more with her life..."You know," She mumbled through her hands, "You are the only stable thing in my life right now." Running her hands down her face, she let them drop to her lap before she glanced to Maddox again.

"Before we started going out, my life was set in stone, I knew that I was never going to get out from Ammon's hold and things would go on to stay the same until I eventually died, either by his hand or the hand of God." A small smile formed on her lips before she slowly shook her head. "You've changed everything for me in a small amount of time...I don't think you know what possibilities you've opened up for me."

The brunette moved a hand to her long hair, moving it from her face before a brighter smile formed. "I haven't been so sure about my life, what the future would hold for me. But with you, I see a future. I see a life that we could live far away from all of this madness...eventually." Ani had been thinking about these words carefully and although she hadn't been prepared to speak them at this moment, they came out anyway.

"I love you."

with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

George Sanderson

1573848146185.pngGeorge quickly read the instructions in the cookbook as Finn peered into the cupboard. When the doctor told him not everything was by the book, George only read the words with more urgency. "Yes, but it says two..." he began before stopping himself and grinning. "Okay, dear. We'll do it your way," he relented, grinning to himself. Even though he'd been out of prison for over a decade, it was still difficult for George to shake off the rituals and methods he'd been forced to adopt in prison. Be it lining up his shoes perfectly parallel to each other or following recipes to the exact gram, the rules from his time in jail had been drilled into him. For ten years of his life, he'd been forced to do everything as the guards instructed him. On the plus side, he made for a perfectly tidy and focused man for Finn to live with.

George noticed Jason and Gwen entered the kitchen before Finn had closed the cupboard door to see them himself. George squinted slightly to focus on the couple, not recognising Jason at all. Gwen seemed to be in a state and George only hoped Finn knew the man who was helping to prop her up. The last thing he wanted was any trouble, especially with Thomas, Olivia and Leo all under the same roof. "Well, um, okay..." George hesitated as his eyes darted around the room. Luckily, Finn was quicker to instruct Jason to sit Gwen down at the kitchen table. "Are you alright, Gwen?" George asked her, his voice full of concern upon seeing her injuries.

When asked to get the medical bag, George quickly nodded his head. "Course, love. I know exactly where it is!" he quickly assured him. George rushed into the lounge to retrieve the bag before returning to the kitchen and placing it down on the table. "Okay, got it. What do you need me to do?" he offered. He folded his arms and stared at Jason for a time, waiting to hear the man explain to Finn who he was and why he was at the Porters' house. Clearly, Finn wasn't aware of Jason either.

Bellz Bellz (Finn, Gwen) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Jason)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back