• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Elder Tale RP (Log Horizon!) OOC!

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rahl's not coming back, but if you don't remember I made Rahl's theme out to be "power corrupts absolutely". I was having talks with Alistair about Rahl being a final boss before the RP ended.

The game is still real, that's why you have health bars and skills still.
Seem really OP

But from your earlier talk, I guess you knew that already

I don't see the fun in destroying the plot/tension, but I guess I''m old fashion in that sense
To create tension you fight fire with fire. As long as you have a clever GM or clever people supporting them, it's pretty easy to create a villain that also bends the system, making the RP a battle of wits - the best kind of battle.

To create tension you fight fire with fire. As long as you have a clever GM or clever people supporting them, it's pretty easy to create a villain that also bends the system, making the RP a battle of wits - the best kind of battle.
I'm confused...

So your choice is to give your GM extra work so that your character can be a little broken in hopes that the GM will make something even more broken, effectively taking the whole point of a broken character away?

A battle of wits should be back and forth, not a race to see who lands the almighty blow first.

Just what I think, anyway.

I'm confused...

So your choice is to give your GM extra work so that your character can be a little broken in hopes that the GM will make something even more broken, effectively taking the whole point of a broken character away?
The boss battle would have been perfect too if it weren't for those meddling kids...

I'm confused...

In my opinion, as long as everyone involved is having fun, it's not extra work. I know that every time I GM I look forward to characters that push boundaries, make me think beyond a plot I had preset. I know Alistair has fun, at least, he spent forever trying to work out sigilmancer and nerf it XD

A battle of wits should be back and forth, not a race to see who lands the almighty blow first.

Just what I think, anyway.
Well, it's not like that overskill was Rahl's thing. In fact, he could have achieved almost the same effect with hard work and lots of study in runes. Even then, his gear was built to complement multiple strategies, and everything was hand crafted for him because he had worked hard for it. On top of that, he was clever and made it very clear that he didn't need violence, he could think. Many characters were like that, and many others were the also enjoyable, simple "I'm here to bonk heads and be fun." Maybe it's just better that you see it work out, when the RP starts?

The boss battle would have been perfect too if it weren't for those meddling kids...
...I'm very sorry. I will (not) reflect deeply on my actions.

Nah it wasn't you or anyone in particular, just the old roleplay itself died out when people kept leaving.
I still feel bad though, since I wasn't posting in the IC for the last stretch, barely even active in the OOC. I was going through a bit of depression that the RP was falling apart and couldn't really bring myself to post while it withered.

Ok... Maybe that's how you do things here. I'm kinda still new to RPN, sorry about my noobness...
OI! NO APOLOGIES. You are fine, and no there is no noobness, I've been roleplaying since I was like 10, I've experienced many different formats from different GM's. It's good to have a a broader examination of other GM's and the way they roleplay! Just enjoy yourself is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back