• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeon escape (Sherwood, MrSaturnUL, Noam, Endless_Stars, and Psychie)

Staring at the bookshelf, she exhaled nervously and grabbed the candle, with that, she pointed the flame toward the squares.
"Please let this work...." She pleaded, frantically lighting the squares.

The spares repel the fire and writing underneath it is revealed some text that was previously hidden “Titles” is all it reveals giving the only hint that they have been given for this whole thing, it didn’t reveal much, but it should of revealed as much as they would need

Chkalli watched anxiously, ready to move at the slightest hint of danger. This was horrible. Absolutely horrible. They were underground, in a death trap, being gassed, and their best chance out was a candle. A candle.

A clue...
"Titles!" She exclaimed. "Some of the titles of books are scratched off!"

She moved to the bookcase and tried to figure out the title and no-title situation.

The books that had the titles were called: Theory of the world, Equinox effect, Under the gods, Last Resort, Reasons of life, Solutions of Chemicals, Umbrella of the Prophet, and Oceans of Pain. What to do with the titles were unknown and they were the only ones with titles for that bookshelf

Chkalli read the titles out loud to the group. "There are eight squares and eight titles..." She chittered.

She pushed on the books in alphabetical order with a pause after the fourth.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," she trilled.

Putting them in alphabetical order seems to do nothing, but increase the volume of the ticking as if it was getting closer and closer and c..l..o..s...e...r to them in an oddly terrifying fashion as the hissing was slowly drowned out.
Endless do your chaos roll please

Chkalli froze. She let out a stream of bird-noise.
"I made it worse. Oh gods I made it worse."

She looked around frantically, "Where is that coming from? Is it a clock-work monster? Are we going to die? Are we going to not die and instead live in a life of eternal torment!?" She let out a squawking noise, "We're all going to die!"

Chkalli felt it then, in her panic. Magic. Pure, uncontrolled magic. It was accompanied by a feeling of extreme deja vu.

A wave of magic was released from the Aaracokra and it coated the room. She felt... protected. She calmed as she realized they were now safe.

Roll result: 9997 While in this area, no one can inflict or suffer any injury)

"Eight titles," Snap repeated. He skittered over and ducked under Chkalli's arm to read them, doing his best to ignore her panicked squawks. "Going to not die!"

Theory equinox under last reasons solutions umbrella oceans--no. T-E-U-L-R-S-U-O--no. Snap bounced on his heels frantically. T-E-U-L-R-S-U-O, two words, four spaces each. Lure outs, probably not. Oust rule, ours lute, true soul, user tulo.

Before he could do anything else, a wave of magic flooded the room and sank into his feathers. "What," Snap said blankly, then shook it off. Hurrying back over to the table, he used one claw to scratch the words t-r-u-e s-o-u-l into the empty spaces that had been underneath the candle.

The bookshelf moved to the side as if it was swung open like a door. The hissing and the ticking all stopped the moment it stopped. It seemed true soul was the answer as the candle went out, but tourches on the walls of a newly revealed hallway appeared before them almost like a reward for their efforts in solving the riddle of the candle

Chkalli looked at the open way out.

She trilled, "We could go through that, or we could stay here."

The Aarakocra looked at her allies, "I think we should stay, we're safe in this room right now."

The Dwarf sighed, as she just leaned against the wall, and slid down to a sitting position. She moved her head back, and closed her eyes in both relief and disappointment.
"We really are trapped down here...." She said to herself. Regaining her bearings, she ran a hand over her face, and got up to stand.
"So.... Do we continue with introductions?" She inquired.

Athaclenna could feel her hand ache from how tightly she was gripping her sword, and she made herself relax and sheath the blade. Time enough to draw it out if there is a foe to strike down. "As I said, this feels to me that we are in a giant puzzle, and we are the rats running through this maze. Not a happy thought, but with Corellon's guidance, we will prevail. No offense meant to those that worship other gods, of course."

Looking around, then back to the others, the Elf says, "If we can stay here in safety, I see no reason not to continue. I would like to know what assets we have at our disposal in the event of a fight. Sasha and I are fighters, and we have a spellcaster. What do the rest of you bring to the table?"

The question sparked something in Snap's brain. He felt around his neck feathers until he found a thin leather cord, then drew it out from under his armor.

Dangling from the end was a silver medallion with the image of a set of scales stamped into it. Seeing them was instantly calming, like a warm breeze across your shoulders. He ran his thumb over the medallion once, then held it up. "Holy," he explained, in Sasha's voice. Back to Chkalli's voice. "I know some spells? Magic seems to be my thing."

Chkalli brightened, "A cleric, right?" The thought of a healer being present made a little knot of anxiety inside of her loosen. She'd felt the power that her accidental magic had used. It could have easily turned upon her in the chaos.

She looked closer at Snap's medallion, trying to see if she knew what it represented.

They believe that the necklace is some form of religious symbol, but took a moment to go over their knowledge of religious symbols and concurred that the necklace was indeed a religious symbol that clerics used

Chkalli squinted at the symbol. It was shiny, and kind of pretty. She shrugged. Snap would let them know what god he worshipped eventually. Though, the fact that he just mimicked people's voices all the time was weird. But, everyone had their quirks. Chkalli cautiously sat down in the chair. She felt emotionally exhausted.

Norda examined her equipment. A pair of handaxes, a longbow, a quiver of arrows, she plucked the string of the bow a couple of times before answering.
"I suppose I am some sort of a ranger?" She said, jumping at remembering. "Oh! My name is Norda! Sorry I didn't say before...." She said, looking toward Snap....

Chkalli looked at the others in the room. Two warriors, a ranged fighter, a cleric, and her, a spellcaster. That seemed... good? She didn't have much to compare to. What little she knew made her feel more... secure, with the group.

"We can't stay here forever," she let out a whistling sigh, "We should probably go through that hallway." Chkalli awkwardly chirped, "The, um, 'protection spell,' that I cast totally on purpose, ends at the door." She trilled, "There will probably be danger up ahead. Because what little life experience I have so far, that I can remember, tells me that danger is everywhere and nothing is safe."

Athaclenna nods in agreement. "I will take point, if you'd like. Let my shield protect all of you."

Sasha hefts her spear. "I may not be as well armored as you, but I can still hold my own in a fight. I will stand with you, if the hall is wide enough for both of us to fit and maneuver."

Athaclenna gives the human fighter a smile, then says, "Your spear will be quite welcome along side my sword. I am ready to advance; are the rest of you prepared to face the unknown ahead of us?"

Norda grabbed an arrow, and held it at the string of her bow, moving to the side of Chkalli and giving her a smirk that promised unity.
"I am as ready as i can be...." She declared to Athaclenna and the rest.

"Excellent!" Athaclenna says enthusiastically. "We shall go forth, but be on your guard. Remember, there is at least one fiend in the area, and there may be more out there, waiting for us. Corellon only knows what other threats may lie in wait."

Sasha says, "Very well. We'll take point, and the rest of you can follow along behind, using your arrows and spells to add to any fight if we run into something nasty. Shall we go?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back