• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeon escape (Sherwood, MrSaturnUL, Noam, Endless_Stars, and Psychie)

It turns out that the candle had some kind of magical presence to it, but it couldn’t be pin pointed to where exactly it was on the candle or what it was all that could be certain is that it was obviously there and blaring out as if it had wanted to be seen the moment they walked into the room

Norda went to Chkalli, and spoke up here.
"I am not an expert here, but I get this feeling that these books have either nothing to do with us, or have some sort of trap here...." She warned the aarakocra.

"The candle is magical and it wants us to know it," Chkalli announced to the party.

She looked to Norda, "You're probably right. I mean, the one I read seemed fine. But I don't feel like trusting anything in this gods forsaken maze."

Chkalli looked nervously about the room.

Last edited:
"Candle?" She looked at the one Kalli mentioned. "Oh.... Wait, what would a magical candle have to do with this situation....?"

For endless
The room was the same as they came in, but under closer watched two things became clear the candle wasn’t on the stand it was floating above it, and some of the books were missing their titles, as if they were scratched off by someone or something
For Saturn
Everything seemed to be the same for the candle. It showed no signs of anything magical, so either they couldn’t find it or they were being pranked on this matter

Chkalli looked at the candle, "It's floating." She was surprised she hadn't noticed earlier, but it was only floating a little. "Is that the only magic?" She let out a curious chitter, "Is that all it does?"

Chkalli leaned in close to the candle, careful not to touch it.

Magic could be felt underneath it on its bottom. It has four spots that had any signs of magic and a strand of magic seemed to be connecting it to the book shelf on the wall, to their left as if it held some meaning to it

Chkalli explained what information she could get out loud. There was an instinct in her, a sliver of memory, that pushed for solidity with her allies.

Snap sputtered, coughed, and woke up. This was an entirely new sensation, because he couldn't recall ever having woken up before, or much of anything else. His name was Snap. He knew that much. He did not, so far as he knew, usually wake up being carried around by heavily armored women with swords, though if he *did* then he supposed that was alright. Worse things had happened to a man.

He made a squawking noise and toppled out of the woman's arms onto his feet. Glancing around, he saw walls lined with books, an armchair, and three other people who he'd never seen before in his life.

Chkalli whipped around at the sound of the squawk. The sleeping one had awoken. She went over to him and let out a reassuring chirp. Oh, it was good to have someone normal looking to talk to. Norda was perfectly pleasant, and the other two were fine as far as she could tell, but they were all weird mammals. He didn't have wings, but she wouldn't comment on his disability. That would be rude.

"So, to catch you up mr.sleeps-through-everything. I'm Chkalli. We are in an underground-death-maze thing. Currently we are in a weird magical library room," she let out a nervous trill, "No one has any idea what is happening." Then she said something in a chirping language of bird noises.
"We're probably all going to die, but at least we won't be alone."

She paused, "So, what's your name?"

Chkalli thinks that Snap is a disabled Aarakocra, this is going to be fun)

Last edited:
Athaclenna helps to set the now awake person down. In a calm voice, the elven woman says, "Be at ease. You are safe, at least for the moment. I am Athaclenna, a warrior in the service of Corellon." She looks to the rest of the group, and says, "I think that we should talk while we can, and learn something about each other. Why were we all chosen to be here? As I said, I am a holy warrior. What about the rest of you? Do any of you remember what skills you have? I can see that many of you are carrying weapons as if you remember how to use them. Perhaps we all knew each other before losing our memories?"

Sasha looks to Athaclenna with a slight bow. "Well met, holy warrior. For the benefit of our newly awakened friend here, I am Sasha, and I have trained in the martial arts of fighting bare handed as well with this spear. I would say where I had my training, but I don't remember anymore."

Chkalli nodded, "Yeah, I'd like to get to know you guys. Things are scary here, allies make things less scary." She listened to the pair. A holy warrior and another fighter of some sort. She didn't have any familiarity with the pair, but that was how she felt about almost everything so far.

She thought for a moment, "I, uh, I know some spells? Magic seems to be my thing. Though, it feels... what's the word for a mixture of joyful anticipation and mind-numbing terror?"

"Don't remember," Snap repeated, nodding in agreement. His voice was an exact mimic of Sasha's, down to the accent and the high pitch. He took a quick glance down at himself. There were clothes, well-worn but still serviceable, and a scale mail shirt. A crossbow hung at his hip, and a hammer on the other, and he didn't know how he'd gotten them but remembered how they were used. Whoever he was, he knew how to handle himself.

"Sasha." He nodded towards her, and then to the others. "Athaclenna, Chkalli. Well met." Athaclenna and Sasha both had strange, pale skin, devoid of any feathers, but he decided not to worry about it. "I am--" He lifted one hand and snapped his fingers, in lieu of actually being able to say his own name.

The snap then seems to set something off as the door to the hallway shuts and the same ticking from earlier was heard above them along with an unnatural hissing noise. The rest of the room remained the same, but the air felt off in some way shape or form. What was the cause couldn’t be said, but it was obvious to all that it was there. Roll a perception check

Snap looked around frantically. A mechanical ticking noise began to echo throughout the space, which was starting to feel creepier and creepier by the moment. (+6 to perception so a total of 16)

The room was the same as normal, except the left bookshelf seemed to have stuck itself out more for some odd reason. It was unknown as to what caused this or when it happened, but it was clear it happened sometime after the snap that set off the chain of motion

for Sherwood and endless
The room appeared to be the exact same the only difference they saw was that the ticking noise had a shorter gap in between each and every tick

Chkalli stared at the moved bookcase. The bookcase magically attached to the candle.

"Secret door?" She chittered curiously. "The candle might be a way out!" she squawked. The Aarakocra almost grabbed the candle before hesitating. She trilled nervously, what if she made it worse?

Athaclenna suddenly shouts, "I hear gas again! Quickly! Check that bookcase! Is there a passage behind it?"

Before she even had a chance to introduce herself, or at least figure some things out about her new friend, she notices all of the ticks, and spoke in Dwarvish.

"Oh, not again...."

She looks around for a way out.

Sasha doesn't question the paladin; she just moves to the bookcase and pulls on it, hoping to find a way out.

Under the candle was 8 squares like this: _ _ _ _. _ _ _ _ (the period is a space). The bookshelf seemed unmovable and not a single book would fall not matter how much they shake it or try and pull it down. It seemed like it was refusing to be moved in order to help them escape
For Saturn
No matter how hard they searched they couldn’t find anything that could relate to escape other then the candle and the bookshelf seemed to be the answer for some odd reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back