• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dungeon escape (Sherwood, MrSaturnUL, Noam, Endless_Stars, and Psychie)

Athaclenna looks down the hallway as far as she can see, keeping her guard up as the human woman digs around for the torch. "I can't see anything moving out as far as sixty feet away. But there is some strange writing on the walls. Let me check on the condition of our sleeping beauty here. Then we can check out the writing better once you have a light up. Just remember that there was at least one fiend in the area, so keep frosty and alert."
I can make some rolls, just tell me how many to make and what dice to use.

In the hallway you see unknown writing on the walls that is in an unknown language that could be deciphered if the said language was known. (For those who can now see, I also don’t know what’s up with Noam) The sleeping beauty stays asleep despite all that happens and some odd clock noise is heard throughout the hallway as it grows and shrinks in level of loudness. A vote needs to be casted for who rolls

The ground begins to shift and everyone is moved to the left side of the hallway as the floor and walls seem to move to the right then comes to a sudden halt as a clicking sound is heard Roll a d20 please

Shifting can be heard up ahead of them as they all can see the floor twenty feet away move to the left and come to a halt revealing a room with light ahead of them along with the same ticking noise, but with a longer pause between each and every tick causing an ominous air to form over them

Sasha looks ahead, and says, "I think that is our hint to move on. It may still be dangerous here."

Athaclenna nods. "I agree about it being dangerous. This whole thing stinks to me. I have a feeling that we're being herded along like rats in a maze."

Chkalli was very relieved to be able to see. The darkness had been getting to her. The unreadable wall writing was weird. The sudden ticking noise was unnerving. When the walls suddenly moved she let out a screech of alarm. This was looking to be the worse day ever. Given that it was the only day she could remember, that wasn't much, but everything was fairly terrifying. The movement up ahead sent her mind running with possibilities.

"We are probably in a maze," she tilted her head to the side, "We should stay away from the ticking maybe? It makes everything move. It's going forward, first here, then ahead, then further ahead." Chkalli made a twittering noise, "Or we could go to that light source and hope we get moved with it. I could really do with some stable light." She let out a trill. "But I also don't want to die, and that ticking up there seems extra bad."

"Rats in a maze...." Norda repeated with irritation. "Those ticks are so annoying! And the light.... What should we do?" She asked everyone else.

Sasha says, "Well, I don't really feel like dying here today, either. But I don't want to end up meeting my maker because of standing around here, when a safe way out might lie up ahead. So long as we all stick together, we have a better chance of getting out of here. I think we should move forward, and try to get our heads wrapped around this situation and see if we can't find out some answers."

Athaclenna nods. "I concur. Lets move out." She continues to carry the unconscious person over her shoulder, keeping her sword arm free.

The room was a scene from any typical nobles house. A leather brown chair sat in the middle of the room that was lit by a torch. All the walls lined with books, but that’s all that could be said about the room

Chkalli relaxed once they made it into the new room. Light, books, soft things. That made this space have the dull taste of home.

The Aarakocra checked around for danger, or possibly something interesting.

All that could be seen by the relaxed adventurer was books and the chair along with a candle set on a wooden stand right by the chair in a fashion that screamed nobility. Other then that nothing new or out of the ordinary was discovered by her

"I think we can finally regain our bearings...." Norda said, slightly cheerful. "We made it out! But, why and how is there a place like this down here?"

Chkalli shrugged, "I have no idea. But it doesn't seem like it's about to kill us?" She walked over to a bookcase.

Chkalli tried to see if any of the books could hold useful information.

Chkalli used their investigation skills to discern that the books on the walls despite being different colors they are indeed books. At least from looking at them alone, she didn’t actually grab any, but from it’s cover alone they figured out they were indeed books

Chkalli stared down the books. They were books. Books... Could be read?
She picked out a book and took it off the shelf.

The book was about a boy who spent most of his life on his own and worked towards people liking him. Eventually he developed a special ability towards magic, and he was often used, but he knew this. When the time came they truly need him he let loose a grueling laugh that killed all of them

Chkalli put the book back where she got it. Okay, so, she had picked up a story book. Nice story, very relatable main character. This wasn't the time for reading stories though.

Chkalli looked around the room for any sort of magic. This was a nice room underground. That was weird and wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back