• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
==> Contemplate the significance of the Super hierophant card

This is horrendously silly, you get a chuckle, first one you've had since you've started, so you guess thats well enough.

==> Equip ultra Holy cape.

Looking good.

Now then.. to finalize your alchemy spree, hoping you... Actually have enough points to make it..
it was time to make...
Well...
Something.
Should you really go through with wasting your magic cane and points?
Why not try and do something with your magic stuff?
lets see... Your little magician's kit, it came with a Manuel.
if possible it you can make a manual on magic, and since you have a second weapon, ish, you could test it.
Why not, this, then bed time.
maybe... Wait.. another fellah just came on so you might have to push buttons or something.
Don't want to leave the new guy hanging, so best do the alchemy and wait.

First.

Magic cane --> magician's Manuel.

You create Magical Manuel's De-Instructive Rod.
What a name.
The thing itself seems to be your fire cane, though now the wood seems to be leather, and the fire core shines brighter with the paper fuel as, well, fuel.
Words are printed on random spots of the cane, and from what you can read of them, they seem to be instructions on how to use the rod.

You can only read one, which says, 'Turn On and Off Again'.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

==> Begin the inevitable investigation of the music.​

The download/installation/slow death of your computer seems to be managing fine by itself, so you make your way cautiously into the garden, listening out all the while for the flute music. Yep, definitely coming from inside the house.

You walk through the side door and into the kitchen.

Nils: hello?
Nils: niel? if it's you playing that, turn it down.

You're almost completely certain it's not your brother playing the music.

It's probably just coming from next door, but for some reason hearing it is making you nervous. Obviously the paranoia is getting to you, too. And for whatever reason, you pick up a knife out of the block.

This is a bad idea, because if someone from your family does appear, you're going to have to do some hasty explaining as to why you panicked and threw it at them. You should probably get back to your laptop.

==> lament your new creation.

This must've what Doctor Frankenstien had felt when creating the monster... Your pour Magic cane... What in blazes have you done to it...?
Sure the fire is better but... it's made of leather and...
Wait how in fucking hell do you TURN IT OFF AND ON AGAIN!?
is there a button?
Do you tell it to shut off?

Fuck every part of this just flop the damn pages the other way holy christ.

magic Cane <-- magician's manuel​

"wait what if we are actually- "

Wait- no- that makes no sense. The TV wouldn't be straight static if that were the case. Also, the entire room has an air of nonsense. Who the fuck rips a letter right above the name of its author? The entire rooms visual design points either to the letter or the television, and both of them are equally pointless. It's like a nerf gun that doesn't shoot, or a table with no center. It's clearly a puzzle, but nothing that seems like it would lead to a solution would.

Wait, you've been paying attention to the furniture of the room. The chairs. The couch. The tables. Table. Table. Table. Wait, what the fuck was up with that table that teleported in there anyway? You were so dazed by it and then you had the Q&A with Luci and then-

"Hey, uh, Luci, what was up with the table that just teleported into my room earlier?"

As you head back to your shed, the music gets louder.

But not just louder, more intense. The flute player seems to have changed their instrument into a trumpet, and is blowing it by their 57 cousins.
Jesus that analogy was open winded.

Who the hell is playing that right now?

49% Completed.
Blemmigan Blemmigan
------------------------------------

You create A Dicks Guide to Magic Cores.
The manual looks especially helpful!

You open it up, and
You get even more frustrated as you realize its only one page.

At least you know what to do now.
'All Fire Cores must be activated with the use of an Impulse of a Player. Any kind is fine, as the type of Player does not matter. However, magical core instruments do not work in the Warring Realms, as Players usually cannot use Impulses there.'
This game, your sure, is just trying to sass you at this point.
Orikanyo Orikanyo
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LUCI: oh yeah, I forgot about that
LUCI: kinda surprised you didn't ask about it earlier...
LUCI: that's the alchemy thing.
LUCI: if you want, we could go up and inspect it with you.
LUCI: but I mean, you don't have to have me with you.

LUCI: your pal seems to have it down anyway...

"Dick, uh, seems to have his.. own shit going on."
"Also I'm not convinced he wouldn't bully me relentlessly if I fucked up so you're the better option for this."

Once more, you leave the strange room and go back into yours, staring intently at the table, as if that in and of itself would cause something to happen.

"So, how does alchemy work in this?"

==> Be the pal who has it down apparrently.

You toss the book onto the floor in frustration, god forbid anything not be a god damn fucking stupid cryptic pile of shit!!

Damn it now your to angry to nap.

You pick up the book and head outside to badger Medjed about this special stupid bull crap called IMPULSES.

==> Call for Medjed.
Dick: Medjed!
Dick: Whats an impulse!?
Dick: And please don't give me the dictionary meaning I mean in the sense of this game.
Dick: I'm not taking a cryptic answer this time cause the book gave me the word and I damn well need to figure this out to use magic.
Dick: Please.

BlueVitriol replied to the chat.
BV: okay, so the game's downloading.
BV: and i'd like to reassure everyone and anyone that i've not seen any evidence of the apocalypse.
BV: all i've got to complain about is the fact that it sounds like there's someone out there playing a trombone or bugle or something.
BV: not even in a funky jazz kind of way, more like they're taking revenge on anyone with ears.
BV: guess it could be worse. it could be bagpipes.

You decide not to mention that the first blast of the trumpet had been enough to make you drop the knife, almost impaling your foot through your shoe. Luckily it clattered on the flagstones instead, and you were able to make it back to your computer without incident.

You close the door in an attempt to block out the so-called music. Seems like everyone else is too busy playing the game to answer the chat right now. You're definitely cheered and heartened to think that they're all having so much fun.

EM: Bagpipes? I heard big ass church bells when I first downloaded the game.
EM: I went downstairs to see a big ass church being covered in black tentacles across the street.
EM: Then I just blink and everything is back to normal, save the whole house locked up immedately and the store across the way got litterally dragged down to the fucking abyss by tentacles.
EM: Now my house got teleported to a spider infested desert and I don't got a single fucking clue what to do...
EM: Oh and Medjed says hello guys, or he would if he had any manners in his ghostly godly form

BV: there is literally no way to respond to any of that and not sound insane.

EM: How do you think I feel? I just had to fight 5 WINGED spiders.
EM: You know whats worse than a gigantic spider?
EM: One with wings.
EM: And I had to dance with em, not in the literal way but god damn if it ends up being so i wouldn't put it past this game.
EM: You did download the game correct? I'll be staying around the house if for some ungodly reason i'm your host...
EM: And be a friend and give our 90's enthusiast her ghost and table when you can.
EM: now I need to find MY ghost so I can god damn get a new cryptic tutorial!!

Luci begins to explain Alchemy to you.

And because
I'm too lazy to actually write her dialogue, I'm just going to narrate it.

You place two items on the plate in the center of the table.
They will appear separately on pages in the book, which you can then flip.
However, the way you flip the pages makes a certain item dominant.
For instance:
Paper --> Stick makes the Paper dominant.

Oh yeah, and you notice that there are already a few pages filled out with...recipes?
You don't really know the terminology.

TekSoda TekSoda
--------------------------------------------------------------------------​
MEDJED: ...
MEDJED: Would it surprise you to know that the information is not avialble to me?
MEDJED: I can assure you that it is not a lack of knowledge, but more a hiding of knowledge.

MEDJED: The Darkness can work in strange ways.

Your frustration level is making you sleepy.
You blink.

You cannot open your eyes again, and you fall asleep on the floor.

You awaken.

You are no longer in your room.
You are in fact in a very lavishly decorated Victorian-like bedroom. Maybe a little too lavish for your taste.

You look down, to find you are wearing some extremely rich clothing.
Think Black Butler but with more flair.

The only other things notable are your phone next to you, and the oak door in the corner of the room.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
----------------------------------------

The music seems to be all around you now.
Its as if the shack itself is protecting you from the impeding noise.

You are getting pretty paranoid now, and are not enjoying it.

67% Completed.
Blemmigan Blemmigan

Great==>

You have no proof.
This day just keeps getting better and better.
sure, maybe it was just a dream.
But you doubt it.

Check the outside==>

That sounds like a good plan. crashes sound ore dangerous then screaming.

You look out the window on your 12th floor living space. God you love apartments.
So dangerous.

That was mild sarcasm.

Check your messages before you absorb the outside scenery==>

Great, now there is another person. Of course in your contacts that show up as "Weird Dipshit", and their normal screen name doesn't help you identify them either.
God you need to figure out people's names.
Currently you have no idea who any of your 'friends' are.

and-
*inhale*- Rude.

RR: 80's excuse you.

That;s all you have to say on the matter.

Look out the window==>

Yes. Back to the task at hand.

==> Politely inform Dick that he's not making any sense.​

Best not. You decide that if he hasn't figured that out by now, he's too far gone to help. Aaand it looks like he just idled out of the chat. Forget it.

Also, it's really difficult to focus with your own personal horn section playing their greatest hits outside. It sounds like they've got you surrounded in the garden. You hope that this is some sort of really unfunny prank, but you're not about to open the door again to check, despite the lingering butryic smell from earlier.

==> Look out of the window.​

This seems like the only sensible course of action.

Dick: Well, I suppous this could be worse.
Dick: A cravat? So last century.
Dick: Who even wears one to lay in bed?
Dick: Rest reminds me...
Dick: Well, if it's gonna be like that anime I should be expecting a devilishly handsome butler any second now...

==> You wait a second or two

Okay maybe not.

Worth a try though this bed is ridiculously soft.

Can you sleep in a dream? God knows you'd love to try but something also tells you this level of detail can only be possible through one reason.

Your cheeky friend the dorkness.

And thats how you'll call it till it smartens up and stops being cheeky with you.

....You contemplate your next move from the softness of this bed.

==> Go to the door.

Fiiiiiiiiiine

==> Grab phone

Nearly forgot that, whoops.

==> Go THROUGH the door.

Can't go through physical objects you dolt.

==> Open the door, step through the opening and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

There we go, clear instructions.​

Through that well explained and well written dialogue explaining the ins and outs of alchemy, you have, at the very least, a baseline understanding of the system. All that's left is to experiment.

You experiment, but not in the retarded way that wastes precious grappling hooks. You grab four flash cards. On two of them, you fill them completely black, save for a circle of empty space in the center front. On the other two, you leave them completely white, and only fill in a circle of roughly the same size in the center on the front, like a monochrome japanese flag.

Black Card --> White Card
White Card --> Black Card

You look out your window.

You are traumatized once again as you watch your neighbors home he pulled into the depths by some tentacles.

The time has come.

Kimona Kimona
————————————————-

You enter a hallway, and a very clean hallway at that.

You step into the marble floor as you look around.

Lamps illuminate the hall, giving it a very moody atmosphere.
A long, thin carpet covers the center of the floor, as well as the two doors that exit the hall, facing each other.

Speaking of doors, the only other ones that aren’t yours or the exits are a few dusty white ones in the corner do the hall.

Orikanyo Orikanyo
———————————————-

You create the Checkerboard.

You examine, and realize that there are actually a few more black tiles than white.

You also create the Inverted Chessboard.
It’s the same thing, but with more white tiles than black.

Interesting...

TekSoda TekSoda
——————————————

You wonder why all your friends have gone insane.

Then again, maybe you’ve gone insane with them. Those trumpets don’t seem to have gone down any, and your beginning to think that it’s not some kind of prank.

89% Completed.
Initiating Lockdown.

You can barely hear anything, but when you do, you realize that the sheds door has locked.
What the hell?

Blemmigan Blemmigan

BV: just in case any of you are enraptured by my current situation, here's an update.
BV: good news: the brass band haunting me has finally shut up.
BV: bad news: i think i'm locked inside a fucking shed.

==> Confirm that you're locked inside a fucking shed.​

You give the wooden door a shake, hard enough for the entire shed to rattle. That door is not moving. You've never been able to shut it this efficiently before, even when you lock up for the night. And anyway, the padlock you use is over there on the worktop.

Giving up on that, you sit down in front of the laptop again. There's a very real chance that this is the game's revenge for you calling it pretentious. At least you still seem to have power and wi-fi, which helps to make the situation a quarter of a percent less ominous.

The game sits on your desktop, installing.

You can feel it giggling at from behind the screen.
Cheeky Bastard.

You sigh, and hope this game finishes soon so you can escape this hell of a shed.

99% Completed.
Connecting...

You look up as the screen finally finishes.

In front of you, lies two buttons.

> Activate Ghost > Release Card
Blemmigan Blemmigan
—————————————-

You Hear a Noise.

N
ot church bells thank god, but a notification from your computer.

Walking over, you read the text.

> Your visitant has connected
> Opening menu...

You suddenly see two buttons pop up:

> Activate Ghost > Release Card

Here we go again.
Orikanyo Orikanyo
———————————————

As you state on in horror, you hear a pip from your laptop.
Walking over to it, you realize there’s some new text on the screen.

> Host Connected
> Await Resources.

Kimona Kimona

Tentacles.==>

Welp.
There goes the apartment building across the street.
You should be more horrified.
But your not.
It sort of reminds you of the old B rated horror film that you used to have before they tried to murdered you via fridge.

Then again it's not cheap special effects.

Check your computer==>

Oh. Okay.
Cool.

==> Play the game already.​

Normally when someone's been bugging you to play a video game with them, you'd be bugging them right back. Unintentionally, of course: it's not your fault you always have so many questions about how the game's supposed to work, and what do you do now, and what is the point of the whole thing anyway.

You're no wiser when it comes to this, but seeing as there's only two options, you're fairly sure that you can't screw it up that badly. There is the fact that neither option makes sense, but by this point you were expecting that.

You press both buttons in quick succession, just to be on the safe side.

==> Question why suddenly you have a computer in your lavish dream.

No seriously why tho?

Well time to push buttons you guess.

==> Boop those buttons.

Boop

Boop​

But wait that didn't happen

==> Examine the doors down the hall.

Which one, left or right?

==> Flip a coin

Do you even have a coin?

==> Choose the right one.

Wait did you flip it?​

"oh. okay."

Science has repeatedly warned not to go into an experiment expecting a result. You should have listened. You expected the first set to become completely black and the second completely white, but it seems that they instead blend roughly evenly, ignoring of the slight preference to one side you thought would be more prominent. But now that you know more about how this works, you feel more safe doing crazy bullshit.

You leave your room and enter your brother's. There, in a box, are a frankly absurd amount of spare keyboards. The dude liked his backup plans, you guess. You grab one of the more expendable looking ones: a dull gray, older looking model. You re-enter your room and grab one of the ropes for your grappling hooks, before deciding that the results to that could actually make sense. Instead, you reach for one of your older grappling hooks. You have no idea how those could possibly mix.

"What could go wrong?"

Old Keyboard --> Old Hook

Users who are viewing this thread

Back