• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Dark Ages of Taeral - D&D 5e (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well. If you thrust a javelin, it wont go as far as throwing it.
The words are synonyms. Or rather, they can be. You're thinking of thrust as in someone holding and shoving it, but there's also thrust as in throwing something with great force. It's just a matter of wording.

Thank you. If one somehow magically leaves cause I know that you guys are havin' fun.

The words are synonyms. Or rather, they can be. You're thinking of thrust as in someone holding and shoving it, but there's also thrust as in throwing something with great force. It's just a matter of wording.

Semantics or no, the context was that the orc found her, then thrust the javelin. In the context of fighting and the like, thrust is usually used in the context of pushing and lunging. As well, another orc has also used their javelin in close combat.

In any case, there are six orcs, and the spell is only a 5 foot radius of effect. There is no way for all of them and us to be in a five foot space. Someone has to be outside of it.

In any case, there are six orcs, and the spell is only a 5 foot radius of effect. There is no way for all of them and us to be in a five foot space. Someone has to be outside of it.
yeah of course. Just said I went to where I'd find the most orcs.

Short question: Did the javelin-throwing orc already get into melee range of Xav? Since the orc, like the others, is engaged in melee, I would assume that that's the case; just want to confirm it real quick before I make things more difficult than they're actually are.

Apart from that: How much cover does the archer have? I'd assume he's (she's? Who knows...) not stupid enough to stand in the open, and there should be enough trees to hide; just wondering if it's worth trying to focus on her, since I happen to have a bow in hand.

Short question: Did the javelin-throwing orc already get into melee range of Xav? Since the orc, like the others, is engaged in melee, I would assume that that's the case; just want to confirm it real quick before I make things more difficult than they're actually are.
I mean if you throw the weapon wouldn't that mean that you're not in melee?

Yeah, but the post also says that all orcs but the archer are engaged in melee - which begs the question: Who's next to the one who threw the javelin? Likely me, because he meant to charge me?

Sorry for the delay, guys. Last few days have been crazy at work and home.

Will have a post(s) today.

Reading through the positioning discussion... I'll clear that up in a second.

Blargaristic Blargaristic , you're character and backstory are approved. Set you XP to 1100. Also, I was having everyone tie their backstory and character to at least one other character in the group. Please do so as well, when you can. I'll get you into the game ASAP.

Okay:
  1. All the orcs, save the archer, are no in melee.
  2. Yes, an orc threw one of his javelins at you Xav ( Silanon Silanon ) before running up to you in melee.
  3. The thrust at Athaclenna ( Psychie Psychie ) was a melee thrust of the javelin, not throw.
You guys got it. No worries there.

So, in my mental picture of all this, there is enough room for E'Lania ( Idea Idea ) to slip past the various melees that are going on without opening herself up to opportunity attack. That would give her access to hit three orcs with her thunderclap. Namely, the two that are on Bentley and one on Athaclenna.

Alternatetly, E'Lania can disregard the others' safety and hit four orcs with her thunderclap. But, Athaclenna and Bentley will have to make their constitution saving throw.

Okay:
  1. All the orcs, save the archer, are no in melee.
  2. Yes, an orc threw one of his javelins at you Xav ( Silanon Silanon ) before running up to you in melee.
  3. The thrust at Athaclenna ( Psychie Psychie ) was a melee thrust of the javelin, not throw.
You guys got it. No worries there.

So, in my mental picture of all this, there is enough room for E'Lania ( Idea Idea ) to slip past the various melees that are going on without opening herself up to opportunity attack. That would give her access to hit three orcs with her thunderclap. Namely, the two that are on Bentley and one on Athaclenna.

Alternatetly, E'Lania can disregard the others' safety and hit four orcs with her thunderclap. But, Athaclenna and Bentley will have to make their constitution saving throw.
She'll hit the three orcs then.

No problem. Glad to do what little I can to help get things moving along. TBH I'm a little scared cause no one seems to be hanging out in the OOC at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back