• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Ages of Taeral - D&D 5e (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Some say these are dark days. Some say the Gods have turned their backs on the folk of Taeral and all the lands and seas that stretch under her sky. There’s talk of war in the eastern Kingdom of Londolor. The Orcs have been driven mad, they say, and throw themselves blindly into battle. Still others speak of the fall of Ilothel. Its Wizards, both teacher and student, haven’t been heard from in months. A stillness has fallen on the tower and its windows are dark. The town is all but abandoned.

Many and more similar stories are told by loose tongues. Many and more have the stink of truth to them.

Tonight is no exception. You all sit around the evening fire having spent the day on the trail with Grath’s caravan. The plan was to head east from the port of Windhaven to the trade city of Lochcrest in Glorewyth Kingdom. But, there have been many setbacks along the way. Tonight, the plan is to relax with hardtack, a cup of sour ale Grath has kindly offered from his personal stock, the warmth of the fire, and maybe a story or two.

584086GrathThe sun is settling below the tree-line painting the sky in beautiful purples and pinks. You all sit around the campfire. Grath fills wooden flagons from a cask he has on his wagon and passes them around to you all. He also hands out hardtack to "enjoy" with you drink.

"Sour ale from the West Isles," Grath says with a chuckle. "We've earned it, I say." He picks up his own cup and sits amongst you all. He bites off a chunk of tack and says, with mouth full, "So, we've been on this trip a week now. I feel like I still don't know the lot of ya' any better. Tell me. About yourselves. Or whatever else. Hell, tell me a story, bard." He smiles wide and continues chewing. Grath's daughter, Tesha, and his son, Gryn, come sit on either side of him with their own portions.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea skycaptain skycaptain Silanon Silanon

Vaeryn's face pinched from her first sip of Grath's sour ale. She had only recently been introduced to alcohol and as far as she could tell she did not have the tongue for it. Or at least what ever this sour ale she was trying to force down out of respect was. She winced slightly as she shifted her weight and brushed against her knee that she scrapped during one of the setbacks on the trip. She thought she had gotten used to the odd extra weight pushing her down on land, though it seemed she could still be a little clumsy. Before Grath joined the campfire and broke the silence, Vaeryn had her rose pink eyes glued to the dancing flame. She has seen fire a good number of times at this point but she was still fascinated by it. She hadn't gotten a whole lot of time to really chat with many of the people around the fire, they had all been kept pretty busy with the setbacks and what not. When Grath finally suggested everyone talk about themselves and what not Vaeryn's grin widened. Though when Grath finished his last statement with a pointed look towards her she wasn't sure if he was just joking or not but she wasn't going to waste time pondering it. She gasped excitedly and spoke in a bubbly eastern European accent.

"Oh my gosh, of course! Let me tell you about Jhormos and the settlers! Very long ago Tritons only lived in the plane of water, yeah? They lived there as constant defenders against all the nasty and evil stuff that lived there as well. Well they battled and battled for so long eventually, they're main foes drastically dwindled in number or disappeared altogether! Well, they found out that all those monsters and what not didn't die, they left. They found a way to the material plane.." Talking with her arms the whole time she pauses and points hands to the ground emphatically. "Where we are now.. Majority eventually decided they had to go after them and couldn't let another plane deal with their problems alone. The only problem was that the only known way to the material plane was the same way the monsters took. Which was said to go all the way to the deepest bottom of the plane of water, and come out some where in the darkest depths of the material planes oceans." She paused for a second as she scanned her crowd with her rose pink eyes to try and gauge their interest in her classic Triton tale. "That was a incredibly perilous journey, even for people who have lived in the water their whole lives. Jhormos was the one who volunteered to go first into the new plane and leave his home behind. He and several other brave souls who agreed to risk their lives and forfeit their homes to carry out the task of pursuing our eternal enemies.. The journey was incredibly hard, at the deepest depths the pressure and the darkness was said to be so intense that you couldn't even think! They survived by holding onto each other and compensating for one another when they lost the strength to keep going.." She paused again looking around as she got a little nervous and felt like she had been talking for a while. "Then of course they made it through, established strong settlements in the oceans and populated the sea with Triton! So.. moral of the story- uh, every journey has it's hardships and what not. I'm sure this will all be well worth it in the end." She ended her story rather abruptly after getting a little self conscious with forcing everyone to listen to her spontaneous story. She tried to casually take a sip of the sour ale as her rose pink eyes darted between everyone at the fire, hoping for someone else to speak up and take the spot light off of her.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea Silanon Silanon

Xavayas - once more sitting with his back towards the setting sun, as usual - answers the story with a thoughtful nod. Those silvery, almost white eyes of his, focused on the fire just moments ago, seem to see something else, perhaps a place far away, as his calm, deep voice follows up the spoken words. "Many skip the hardships, and wonder why they never get anywhere at all. Think being free means to turn away as soon as something needs to be done." He pauses to grab one of those dry pieces of hardtack, raises it for the others to see. "Look at this, for example. There are too many out there who'd only ask why you wouldn't just take a fresh loaf of bread instead, even goes better with the ale. They wouldn't travel for more than two days, just because the fresh food might run out along the way." He dips the hardtack into the ale, and thus solves two problems at once; less poison to drink later on, and the biscuit-like thingy becomes at least a bit more chewable.

"Glad I know better. This is the taste of the chase, my friends." He gulps it down before most of it can even get close to the taste buds. "Never stop chasing. Brought me all the way from the Crimson Ridges to the road to Lochcrest, apparently. Taught me what snow and wind are, and that there's music underneath the water." He nods at the bard, then once more watches the flames in front of him as they dance to the rhythm that wind and wood dictate. "Guess Jhormos chased his foes all the way to another plane. Brought your kind to these realms, and became immortal for it. Makes me wonder what he thought when he first arrived - many things different than what he was used to, perhaps a darker place, perhaps brighter. The very same foes, most likely, since those were what he left for, and yet a different surrounding to fight them in. Did they plan to return once their deed was done? Or did they always plan to stay around, and take root wherever their journey would take them? Not that it really matters, I mean - we now know that they sticked around, so that we all could, one day, hear their tale."

A twig crackles as the flames engulf it - dark-skinned, scarred hands in fingerless gloves push another few into the heat. "A good story, Vaeryn. Certainly nothing I could keep up with. Doubt you'd find our tales inspiring, Grath - most of them have their counterparts on the surface, and few of those are told at night." A smile as he stretches, eyeing the others around the fire. "Heard better tales along the way, though. Tales of Gods, and liches, and dragons. Anyone willing to share them once more?"

[class=top] background-color:darkgreen; color:white; border:3px solid black; text-align:center; border-bottom-left-radius:25%; border-bottom-right-radius:25%; width:84%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=emblem] width:15%; margin:0 auto; [/class] [class=outter] border:14px solid; border-image:url('https://42customfabric.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Elven-Mail-Main.png') 40 round; [/class] [class=left] background-color:white; background-size:cover; width:31%; Display:inline-block; border-radius:25px; overflow:hidden; color:black; position:relative; font-size:200%; [/class] [class=right] width:68%; Display:inline-block; [/class] [class=black] background-color:black; [/class] [class=truebak] background-image:url('http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/b/c/e/1291430-fantasy-background-1920x1080-lockscreen.jpg'); background-size:cover; [/class] [class=text] color:black; background-image:url('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Pergament.0.jpg'); background-size:100%; margin:0 auto; width:70%; border:2px solid black; padding:1%; [/class]

• [div class=outter][div class=truebak][div class=top][div class=emblem]
    token_1-png.582787
    [/div]
    E'Lania Treeance

Half-Elf, Lvl 1 Shadow Sorcerer Lvl 2 Abjuration Wizard (1100/2700 XP)[/div][div class=left style="position:relative;top:-1750px"]
    1546913047179.jpg
    Hit Points:
    Statuses:
    N/A
    Spell Slots:
    1st- □□□□
    2nd- □□
    [/div][div class=right]
    [div class=text]<Oh, I like this one!> E'Lania thought to herself as she watched the dwarf-looking fella Grath move on to the next person after giving her her drink. Back when she still travelled more, it had always been a real hassle to get any drink. Though she understood their reasons, she couldn't help getting a sense of unfairness from the situation, nor how moved she just felt at the simple gesture of handing her a cup of ale. Holding the cup with both hands, E'Lania took a sip. She took a moment to savor the ale before swallowing, then nodded.

"It is a fine beverage indeed, oh tradesman." It wasn't the greatest she'd ever tasted, but with a long life like hers, she'd had a lot of time to try different ones, so there was no shame in that. "From the scent is rural and somewhat salty, and the taste reminds me of certain fruits, what were they again, ah! Berries from the Kaelish region. It also explains the saltiness, it's located in one of the western isles, the largest one, Jaekai."

E'Lania helped herself to one of those dry biscuits, and almost spit them to the floor. She only held back from doing so because of the brief glance at Grath's children, and forced herself to swallow the sand-flavored crumbs so as to not set a bad example for them. It wasn't like she wasn't used to eating dry things like that, she was often on her laboratory for days and making sure food is both non-perishable and impossible to accidentally cause an explosion with or animate was a bit of a requirement. Still, even for hardtacks, these felt especially dry in her mouth, to the point where she might as well have bitten into a handful of dust. Was it the food itself or just the result of having been more tired than usual due to the travelling?

E'Lania took a couple more hardtacks and turned around. It was her meal today, so she'd have to find a way to eat them. Trying to keep it as unconspicuous as possible, E'Lania formed a tiny magic circle in her hand, by drawing on the air with her finger. With her other hand she held the tacks as well as her cup of ale, which she began shaking as if to mix hot soup. In reality though she was calling upon the spell shape water, and creating a flow for her to alter. The direction of the motion changed, forming tiny strings of ale that floated out of the cup and into the crackers. It was a makeshift process, but unfortunately she'd forgotten the easier spell for this purpose, prestidigitation. As a spell for begginners it had been a very long time since E'Lania got to use it herself.

While she was busy wetting her biscuits, a discussion on stories began at Grath's request. The first to speak up was their local triton, quite a beauty compared to what one would expect out of the phrase "fish people from the ocean depths", though her body was still colored as if her maker had been eaten a few too many fey-grown shrubberies. She told the story of how her people came to inhabit the material plane, through the story came to an abrupt end with the fish lady scrambling for a morale to her story. It was a good story though. It didn't really need a lesson in the end.

"Life is full of learning. There's always something to learn, even from that which holds no purpose or indeed, no lesson." E'Lania leaned back a little, stretching her legs. A somewhat smug smile appeared on her face. Maybe she should go next. She had lived for a long time after all, there were quite a few events she could bring up. "I have been telling stories for some time...but which one to choose..."

It appeared she wasn't the only one with comments on the triton's words though. Xavayas, a drow that occasionally came to trade information with her (stories included by the by), spoke of the need for hardships in life, and for a moment E'Lania closed on herself a little, arms covering more of her chest and her feet pulling up as she thought about the fact that she hadn't travelled in ages. And...she glanced over to a large metallic figure on the opposite end of their group to her own...it was all their fault! Something caught her attention in the drow's words however, to the point of making her miss the cue to speak up next.

"Immortal you say!?" E'Lania pratically dropped the cup on the spot instead of properly putting it down, and rushed to the side of the triton named Vaeryn, standing over her, or rather, at about her height, heart beating fast, eyes glued on her pink ones, on the very edge of forgetting the entire concept of personal space. "May I humbly request you speak more of this Jhormos? Who were they among your people? What form of magic did they wield, were there any unnusual or unnatural techniques? Had they had contact with any sort of entity, did they do any special training, fought or eaten anything others don't? What about now, are they ever sick, can they be wounded? How long have they been alive, if they ever get hurt, do they heal fast, has anyone else achieved that immortality of his, is it possible to communicate with them, do they age, it wasn't necromancy was it?..."

The questions just went on and on.

74565250_p0_master1200.jpg
    [/div][/div]
    [/div][/div]

Spells
Cantrips: (7)
*Mage Hand (Wizard)
*Blade Ward (Wizard)
*Acid Splash
*Mending (Sorcerer)
*Mold Earth
*Shape Water
*Thunderclap (Sorcerer)

First Level: (10)
*Witch Bolt (Sorcerer)
*Protection From Evil and Good (Sorcerer)
*Mage Armor (Wizard)
*Shield (Wizard)
*Sleep (Wizard)
*Identify (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Snare (Wizard)
*Comprehend Languages (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Unseen Servant (Wizard) (Ritual)
*Alarm (Wizard) (Ritual)

Items
Equipped:
*Arcane Focus - The transmutation stone she swallowed came to be her arcane focus, currently inside her body.
*Quarterstaff (1d6 bludgeoning simple melee, versatile- 1d8 bludgeoning)
*2 Daggers (1d4 pierceing, simple finesse, light, thrown)
*Backpack
*2 Sacks
*Spellbook - Floating Spellbook
*Fine Clothes

Currency:
40 GP
8 CP

Carrying:
*Black Ink
*Quill
*letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer
*Bedroll
*Mess Kit
*Tinderbox
*10 Torches
*10 Days of Rations
*Waterskin
*50 Feet of Hempen Rope
*Alchemist's Supplies
*25 Paper Sheets
*8 Darts
(note: took explorer's kit)

Trinket:
21- "A tiny gnome-crafted music box that plays a song
you dimly remember from your childhood"

Interactions: skycaptain skycaptain
Mentions: Silanon Silanon BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice
Might Also Want to Read:

Last edited:
Garroth shifts on his seat a bit as he listens to the tales told by the others. It is quite informative to learn more about the thoughts and feelings of the others around the campfire with him. When the cup comes around to him, he takes a small drink as to not be rude, even if the taste is not going well with the jerky he is eating. Picking up a wayward stick that had escaped the fire, he clears his throat; a deep rumble down in his chest.

"I suppose I will be next. I am Garroth, and I am - was I should say, a solder in the army of Tar Valon. I served honorably for many years before resigning in order to travel with my friends." He nods over at Zu and Bentley to show the two that he is talking about. "Perhaps some day I will go back to the city and take up the mantle of command once more, but first, I have a dragon to slay." He takes another bite from his jerky and chews slowly, thinking back to the horrible day that changed his life forever.

"I do not mean some metaphorical symbol, but a real dragon, a young Red, that came to the fishing village that I called home and destroyed it, leaving no stone standing on top of one another. It drove many of my friends and neighbors away, and I eventually made my way to Tar Valon and enlisted in its army. Someday, I will find something that I can use to take my revenge upon this beast, but until then, I travel, and I get to see more of the world. Forgive me for not having some highly motivational and happy story, but I find that life is often a harsh teacher of its lessons, and I don't have time to mince words and try to make things all nice and sweet."

He leans back as he tosses the stick into the crackling flames, watching as it catches fire and begins to burn. "Enough about that. What else would you like to know about me?"

Unit B3-TL-Y, "Bentley"
The towering android looked at the drink handed to him, contemplating at why the robot was even given a drink. "The last perishable item I consumed a long time ago," he mused. He hardly cared for the surroundings around him, he did not think much of the fire before him. Its dancing flames did not catch the eye of the automaton, its dance failing to entrance.

"Perhaps an assessment will be fair," he agreed to himself. He picked up the pint, and extended his jawline out, and dumped the liquid into his mouth. In an equally cartoonish manner, his jaw snapped shut, and he let out a hard, metallic belch. "How... flavorless. How can a creature enjoy this?" He examined the cup throughout, squinting, turning it around, upside-down. Little remainders of the drink dripped out onto the ground, as he continued to perform his examination. "Does the container perhaps influence savory levels?" He poured himself another drink, and this time, he dropped a couple pieces of hardtack. He swilled it around like he was mixing a concoction, and then proceeded to try again.

He tried speaking, however it appears to be that the hardtack had clogged his airpipe. Although he has no need of breathing, he was struggling to even remove the hardtack he just swallowed.

Athaclenna covers her mouth to hide her amusement at the plight of the armored construct man. She then covers up her youthful giggle with a smile of appreciation as the flask of liquor comes to her. She politely takes a drink, then proceeds to cough as the powerful stuff burns her throat as it goes down. When she can finally stop coughing, she glares at the flask as if to accuse it of some crime before passing it along to someone else.

The wood elf takes a deep breath to make sure that she won't burst out in another coughing fit, then says, "Well meet, everyone. I am Athaclenna, a cleric of the god Corellon." She briefly touches her holy symbol for her god that is hanging around her neck. "Sometimes, my friends call me Clenna for short. I have been called to go forth and bring the light of Corellon to the elves of this land that may have fallen away from his worship. My dear sister here," she places her hand upon the shoulder of E'Lania, "has agreed to come along with me as an escort. Supposedly to keep me out of trouble, but I rather doubt that I need any help in that department. After all, I'm well over a hundred; its not like I'm a child anymore."

That last comment seems to be a bit odd, especially since Clenna appears to be older than the half-elf sitting next to her.

Vaeryn was relieved when someone spoke up and took the spotlight off of her. She gave the ranger her full attention during his little speech, bemused at how wrong she had him pegged. At first glance he seems like the strong silent type but he is actually a bit of a talker. She grins as he mentions what he has learned in his travels, reminding her of how they first ran into each other. Vaeryn was very surprised at Xavayas' interest in her story. She looked a little caught off guard as her eyes widened and lit up and she nodded happily. "That's exactly right! He led the charge into a completely new world all from commitment to his people and their cause. As well as for the material plane which they bore no connection with beforehand.. They knew it was a one way trip into the material plane, but it didn't deter them. They sacrificed so much, the least we can do in thanks is tell their story." She gives a content and reverent smile as she reflects on the story she had heard told so many times. She was surprised how well her story was received and that Xavayas was going so far as to compliment her.

Though before she had a chance to reply the small elf suddenly perked up at Xavayas' mention of immortality. In an instant E'lania was upon her, quickly putting her on the defensive as the elf stared her in the eye and fired off a barrage of questions. Vaeryn's head was spinning just trying to keep up with her flurry of inquiries, she couldn't help but have a quick moment of realization that she must do the same to people a lot with all the questions she asks on a daily basis. She leaned back a little as a drop of sweat rolled down the back of her neck as she meekly scratched the side of her cheek subconsciously. "W-well, I could but uh- he wasn't actually immortal.. Just his legend and memory you know? He will never truly die as long as his story keeps spreading, yeah?" She shifted awkwardly under the intense glare of the small elf as she tried to change the subject casually. "You sound pretty interested in this immortality stuff! It must be pretty important to you! You know, I've heard a few good stories about about it if you wanted to hear em sometime." She smiled warmly as she did her best to let the almost intimidating elf down easy with her lack of useful content.

Without skipping a beat the incredibly strong looking dragon born continued on with the campfire stories and told his tale. Vaeryn listened intently to the story of the past soldier. Her mouth dropped and her eyes widened and almost sparkled at the mention of a dragon. She had heard dozens of stories about those. They sounded terrifying and awe inspiring, she would love to meet one. Though his dragon sounded pretty mean. She noticed a certain intensity to his tone as he spoke of the dragon and what it did to his home town. Her expression softened as she started to realize the kind of impact a dragon attack could have on a survivor. "I'm really sorry, Garroth.. Do you have any idea where it ran off too? Oh! Does it have a name?"

Vaeryn noticed out of the corner of her eye the large metal man examining his cup and drinking the ale large cups at a time. She could feel her face pinch up just imagining how sour it must taste all at once. However her attention was quickly caught by the next person to speak up. Vaeryn smiled as the pretty cleric gave a brief reason for her being here. She addressed the little elf as her sister which had Vaeryn looking between the two searching for similarities. "A holy task! Oh wow! That's really cool~! Does Corellon speak to you? Also... Where I come from we start out small and grown as we age, is that different here or..?" She asked hesitantly as she pointed between the two cute elves at the mention of the smaller elf there to keep the bigger one out of trouble.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea Silanon Silanon

Without skipping a beat the incredibly strong looking dragon born continued on with the campfire stories and told his tale. Vaeryn listened intently to the story of the past soldier. Her mouth dropped and her eyes widened and almost sparkled at the mention of a dragon. She had heard dozens of stories about those. They sounded terrifying and awe inspiring, she would love to meet one. Though his dragon sounded pretty mean. She noticed a certain intensity to his tone as he spoke of the dragon and what it did to his home town. Her expression softened as she started to realize the kind of impact a dragon attack could have on a survivor. "I'm really sorry, Garroth.. Do you have any idea where it ran off too? Oh! Does it have a name?"
The Dragonborn nods. "I believe I do know its general location. There is a mountain range in the direction that the monster came from, and it flew back the same way. I followed it for a time before I lost sight of the dragon, but I caught traces of its passage. Once I am strong enough, I will go back to find this dragon, and when I do, I will lay at its feet every life that it took that day when it destroyed Laketown. At least I am not foolish enough to go face such a monster alone; with my friends at my side, soon enough we'll be able to stop its rampage."

"Thank you for your concern. It happened many years ago, but that day still haunts me in my nightmares."

Unit B3-TL-Y, "Bentley"
The robot continued to wheeze and sputter, as its windpipe was still blocked by the whole hardtack that he failed to chew on. The clank of metal against metal only grew louder, as the intensity of the blows he gave to his own chest intensified. Knowing that this was futile, he stopped, and proceeded to calm down for a second, but an internal fan began to increase in speed, like a computer who's been overworked. His eyes glowed a radiant white, as the brandings on his arms proceeded to glow as well, like some finishing move in a kid's show.

He opened his mouth, and began to turn away from the rest of the persons there. On his back, an countdown screen appeared. It counting down from 3... 2... 1...

"...HAA!" he bellowed, the lodged hardtack checking out, landing a few meters away from the campfire. "Vocal Chord analysis... minimal damage encountered. Windpipe analysis, minimal damage encountered. Performing testing..." He proceeded then to inadvertently introduce himself, as his reboot message initiated: "This is Unit B3-TY-Y, granted with augmented emotional output and analytical skills. Currently granted free autonomous move~" He was cut short by the sound of an internal alarm. From his own mouth, paper spewed forth, as if he was dispensing a receipt. The droid ripped it off, and began to read it allowed.

TEST ANALYSIS OVERRIDE

Test Analysis of bodily functions could not be completed due to constraint 7C:

"Memory full. Preparing to delete old files. To the owner of this unit, please save your work before it is lost."

Please save your work before it is lost.

Bentley frowned upon reading these words. "Must be that time again," he mused. Paper in hand, he finally was able to participate in the conversation that the others were having around the campfire.

Athaclenna covers her mouth to hide her amusement at the plight of the armored construct man. She then covers up her youthful giggle with a smile of appreciation as the flask of liquor comes to her. She politely takes a drink, then proceeds to cough as the powerful stuff burns her throat as it goes down. When she can finally stop coughing, she glares at the flask as if to accuse it of some crime before passing it along to someone else.

The wood elf takes a deep breath to make sure that she won't burst out in another coughing fit, then says, "Well meet, everyone. I am Athaclenna, a cleric of the god Corellon." She briefly touches her holy symbol for her god that is hanging around her neck. "Sometimes, my friends call me Clenna for short. I have been called to go forth and bring the light of Corellon to the elves of this land that may have fallen away from his worship. My dear sister here," she places her hand upon the shoulder of E'Lania, "has agreed to come along with me as an escort. Supposedly to keep me out of trouble, but I rather doubt that I need any help in that department. After all, I'm well over a hundred; its not like I'm a child anymore."

That last comment seems to be a bit odd, especially since Clenna appears to be older than the half-elf sitting next to her.

He turned attention to Elven Cleric who spoke about their profession. The topic of religion literally grinds the gears of this Cleric Robot, but he was interested though. He observed the symbols that marked his arms, still glowing from when he spat out whatever was in his throat. "Emissary of Divine Beings," he begun, "enlighten me for a minute will you? I would like to know more about the God you solicit others to follow. I believe I am not familiar with that being." His massive frame towering over the elf, as if its inquisition was meant to intimidate. Although, Bentley had learned that being direct was the best way to acquire information. Especially given his background... ( Psychie Psychie ) (Maybe Idea Idea too because of proximity?)

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex skycaptain skycaptain Idea Idea Silanon Silanon

Athaclenna joins Vaeryn in her sympathy for Garroth. "That is terrible! Losing your home like that! I know the pain of loss; my parents were killed when I was very young. I know its not quite the same, but if you ever feel like talking, I am a good listener."

Her spirits brighten when both Vaeryn and Bentley address her about her calling as a cleric.
"A holy task! Oh wow! That's really cool~! Does Corellon speak to you? Also... Where I come from we start out small and grown as we age, is that different here or..?" She asked hesitantly as she pointed between the two cute elves at the mention of the smaller elf there to keep the bigger one out of trouble.
Athaclenna looks over at Vaeryn first, saying, "Well, Corellon usually doesn't communicate directly with the lower priests, saving that for the High Priest of the Great Temple. But, I do feel His presence in every breath that I take, every beat of my heart. It is through my prayers to Him that I am able to work magic in His name. I healed the sick and afflicted when they came to Grovetall's Temple with my modest skill before I received a vision that it was time for me to go forth and bring the light of Corellon to his people that have traveled away from our homes."
He turned attention to Elven Cleric who spoke about their profession. The topic of religion literally grinds the gears of this Cleric Robot, but he was interested though. He observed the symbols that marked his arms, still glowing from when he spat out whatever was in his throat. "Emissary of Divine Beings," he begun, "enlighten me for a minute will you? I would like to know more about the God you solicit others to follow. I believe I am not familiar with that being." His massive frame towering over the elf, as if its inquisition was meant to intimidate. Although, Bentley had learned that being direct was the best way to acquire information. Especially given his background... (@Psychie) (Maybe @Idea too because of proximity?)
Turning her attention to Bentley, she smiles wide. "I am always willing to answer any questions brought to me by seekers of the truth. Corellon is the leader of the elvish Gods of Good, and was the great maker of the elvish race. I do not try to convert anyone, but I do try to show by my example of the righteous life as one given His blessing. What would you like to know?"

OOC Do I need to make a Religion roll to recognize the symbols on Bentley as divine in origin?

Athaclenna joins Vaeryn in her sympathy for Garroth. "That is terrible! Losing your home like that! I know the pain of loss; my parents were killed when I was very young. I know its not quite the same, but if you ever feel like talking, I am a good listener."

Her spirits brighten when both Vaeryn and Bentley address her about her calling as a cleric.

Athaclenna looks over at Vaeryn first, saying, "Well, Corellon usually doesn't communicate directly with the lower priests, saving that for the High Priest of the Great Temple. But, I do feel His presence in every breath that I take, every beat of my heart. It is through my prayers to Him that I am able to work magic in His name. I healed the sick and afflicted when they came to Grovetall's Temple with my modest skill before I received a vision that it was time for me to go forth and bring the light of Corellon to his people that have traveled away from our homes."

Turning her attention to Bentley, she smiles wide. "I am always willing to answer any questions brought to me by seekers of the truth. Corellon is the leader of the elvish Gods of Good, and was the great maker of the elvish race. I do not try to convert anyone, but I do try to show by my example of the righteous life as one given His blessing. What would you like to know?"

OOC Do I need to make a Religion roll to recognize the symbols on Bentley as divine in origin?

Unit B3-TL-Y, “Bentley”
“As a follower, why do you consider your God good? As in what aspects make them good? Is it their deeds? Their interactions with their followers? Or is it something else?” he asked.

“I was once... inducted, to a religious organization. As you have probably heard me malfunctioning earlier, I probably have forgotten about them myself,” he explained. He seemed to be absolved of all the problems that had plagued him for the last couple of minutes. He spoke normally for once, and his robotic nature was suppressed.

“Curious though... did you create your God or did your God create you?”

OOC - Yeah, I guess. It’s a really old religious organization though. Like *really old.* DC 15 I think.
Psychie Psychie

Athaclenna smiles. It is nice to talk with someone different about religion than just the other priests at the temple.

"You ask so many questions! Let me first say that while I was not around when Corellon was working his powers, according to all our lore and records, he was her long before the elven race." She nibbles at her hardtack, thinking. "You ask about what makes a person, or god, good? How should I answer that? His actions are beneficial to his worshipers, and that can be thought of as good, at least for those that follow His teachings. He stands against those that would conquer and crush the free will from us, because there are those gods that would enslave us and drive hope from the world. Is that a good act? It would depend on your perspective, I suppose. But in my mind, the biggest reason why I consider Corellon 'good' is that he asks for our worship without force or coercion, and gives us his love, guidance and blessings through his clerics."

"So, I would ask of you, what do you think is 'good'? I am not trying to confront you, but I am curious as to how you view the world and the people that live in it."

OOC I have no clue as to the nature of your runes. lol

Garroth chuckles. "Bentley, you should be careful with whom you talk about religion with. It is a dangerous subject for many, and more than one war has been started out because of religious disagreements. It is almost as dangerous as talking politics, telling a woman that she is wrong, or baptizing a cat. All can get you into trouble." He lets his jaw hang open in a smile, showing in his way that his comments about women are all in jest.

Clenna raises an eyebrow as she slowly looks over at Garroth. "You say that talking about religion is dangerous, but so is making fun of the women sitting around the campfire with you! But I must ask, when have you tried to baptize a cat?" Her eyes sparkle in the firelight as she turns her glare into a sly smile.

Zu was a but too interested in his hardtack. Which wasnt so bad once it got pecked to crumbs. Which too a little more effort than he expected... a few dunks in the sour ale fixed that just fine. "Oh my how intimidating." The bird twittered, ending his sentence with a whistle. "But come now, if we split the the amount of people to make fun of in half, then so too would the amusement be split." With a ruffling of feathers and a few loud chirps he continued."Muddy sticks make for dreary affairs!"

Zu wasn't smiling. He looked quite serious. But that is mostly because you can't exactly smile with a beak. As did speaking common, which he sort of had to enunciate some of his words to say them without whistling. But the sentiment was there to those familiar enough with aarakocra. The more lively chirps and whistles, along with his body language showing his sincere glee and amusement. The same being true of him, as he sometimes doesn't always catch all that confusing human body language. Specifically the subtleties. Like in this instance, for example.

"What you must do, female, is riposte! Like how his hair looks like a spiders nest! Or that his teeth are color of public dice weathered in a tavern of whores and sailors. Doh! Or ask him how badly baptizing a cat went for he!" He chirped, puffing up his feathers. His eyes narrowed in extreme mirth. "And zen he will return the favor and the fire seems ever brighter as we sing our amusement at your expense next!"

Last edited:
Athaclenna smiles. It is nice to talk with someone different about religion than just the other priests at the temple.

"You ask so many questions! Let me first say that while I was not around when Corellon was working his powers, according to all our lore and records, he was her long before the elven race." She nibbles at her hardtack, thinking. "You ask about what makes a person, or god, good? How should I answer that? His actions are beneficial to his worshipers, and that can be thought of as good, at least for those that follow His teachings. He stands against those that would conquer and crush the free will from us, because there are those gods that would enslave us and drive hope from the world. Is that a good act? It would depend on your perspective, I suppose. But in my mind, the biggest reason why I consider Corellon 'good' is that he asks for our worship without force or coercion, and gives us his love, guidance and blessings through his clerics."

"So, I would ask of you, what do you think is 'good'? I am not trying to confront you, but I am curious as to how you view the world and the people that live in it."

OOC I have no clue as to the nature of your runes. lol

"Analyzing inquiry..." the robot's eyes flashed blue, signifying as thought it was searching for its own answers. Once more, its own eyes blared red, a sign of its failure to find one. He sighed, as if he knew that this would happen, but only tried to search for the answer as if he was always looking for it. Another receipt appeared out of his mouth, clutching it in his hands, he read it to himself, its contents were not all that new to him.

"The nature of my inquiry was not supposed to be confrontational... however I don't hold an answer of my own that would suffice," he said, presenting the paper to her. It read:

INQUIRY ANALYSIS OVERRIDE

REASON: Several Morality Files Missing. Dangerous Levels of Autonomy Detected. Do not violate the Old Laws.

REPAIR UNIT IMMEDIATELY.

"I haven't been given a reason why they are good myself..." he said solemnly.

Garroth chuckles. "Bentley, you should be careful with whom you talk about religion with. It is a dangerous subject for many, and more than one war has been started out because of religious disagreements. It is almost as dangerous as talking politics, telling a woman that she is wrong, or baptizing a cat. All can get you into trouble." He lets his jaw hang open in a smile, showing in his way that his comments about women are all in jest.

"Creature scarred by a Blue Pox," he said, motioning to Garroth. If you can't tell by now, Bentley has a terrible time remembering other people's names. "Your tongue is soured by drink, and has soured my inquiry," he declared angrily. He prepared himself to actually be confrontational until...

"Analyzing Probability of Indoctrination of Felines," his analysis program declared. The monotone voice that was heard earlier had returned, depraved of all emotion. "Traditionally, the Divine God Silvanus permitted the feline species to be indoctrinated, as she commanded nature in its natural state."

His analysis ended, and he blinked for a few seconds before asking Garroth... "What was I saying again?"

Garroth has long gotten used to the odd wit of his friend Zu and the unusual quirks of Bentley, so he takes no offense to either one of his friends' comments and actions. Instead, he pops another piece of jerky into his mouth as he continues to laugh. "Fear not, priestess of Corellon. I have not ever really tried to dunk a cat in water. I have seen others try it to ill effect, and I have no desire to experience such a bloodletting."

E7174D8E-CEFF-4031-BB28-D9D64A96DF86.jpegGrath sits and stares in awe at the exchange before him. His kids follow suit. At some point in the conversation, he quietly sends them to bed and they disappear into the wagon.

Right after Garroth mentions bloodletting, there’s a rustling in the forest. The sound stops. Then it comes again, louder. Before anyone can take action, a gnome bursts out of the forest, out of breath.

He bends over, panting. “Oh god!” He says in his small voice between breaths. “You—I—They—They’re coming!” There’s crashing behind him in the forest. He turns to run and takes a gnarled arrow in the back. As he skids through dirt, you see five orcs trudging through the forest toward you all.

Roll initiative.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex BnemonicDevice BnemonicDevice Idea Idea skycaptain skycaptain Silanon Silanon

Last edited:
Athaclenna leaps to her feet, her thoughts immediately turning to the orcs charging at them.
Hit Points: 25
Hit Dice: 3 - 1d8+1

Armor Class: 16
Initiative: +2
Proficiency: +2
Passive Perception: 14

Number of Attacks: 1

Spell Slots
1st level: 4
2nd level: 2
Chanel Divinity: 15 pts
Disciple of Life: the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

Long Bow: +4 to hit, 1d8+2, Range 150/600 ft, Piercing, Ammunition, Two Handed
--Quiver with 20 Arrows
Dagger: +4 to hit, 1d4+2

Last edited:
Garroth lets out an angry snarl at the sight of the orcs' attack, with his clawed hands reaching for his sword.
Hit Points: 28
Hit Dice: 3 - 1d10 +3

Armor Class: 16
Initiative: -1
Proficiency: +2
Passive Perception: 13

Number of Attacks: 1

Action Surge: 1
Second Breath: 1 - +1d10+3
Breath Weapon: 1 - 2d6
Critical Strike on 19-20
Reroll 1's and 2's on damage dice once

Greatsword: +5 to hit, 2d6+3 Slashing, Two Handed, Heavy
Light Crossbow: +1 to hit, 1d8 Piercing, Rng 80ft/320ft, Ammunition, Loading, Two Handed

Last edited:
Vaeryn fumbles to her feet quickly glancing from the orcs to everyone at the fire, drawing weapons. She quietly places a hand on the hilt of her rapier, positive everyone saw the threat coming.

Hit Points: 26
Hit Dice: 3 - 1d8+2

Armor Class: 13
Initiative: +2
Proficiency bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 11
Speed: 30ft, Swim 30ft

Spell Slots:
1st level: 4
2nd level: 2
Bardic inspirations: 3

Rapier: +4 to hit, 1d8+2, Piercing
Dagger: +4 to hit, 1d4+2 Piercing

Those philosophical discussions about religion and the like - he knows those well, from regular visits in Corellon's temple. A decent way to spend more time than expected, and find yourself questioning half of the latest decisions; perhaps, he should have warned the others to ever raise the topic, though the following 'debate' is surely entertaining to watch. That's one thing that those on the surface are better at than his own kind: Sharing taunt and mockery without the risks of a following bloodshed. Most of them, anyway - he's seen people fight over a half-empty mug that was then knocked over during the skirmish... diversity means to have both the best and the worst, and both sides have shown quite regularly by now.

Perhaps stories for another moment, for there's suddenly no longer time - another one of the surface's specialties. Down in the Ridges, there are few threats, and the Eyes notice most hours before they become truly dangerous; here, however, there can be a wildly roaring orc behind almost every rock. Makes it a dangerous place - and an exciting one, if one does not fear trouble. To never quite let his guard down, to always have his weapon at the ready; lessons that the Ridges have taught him, but that became even more relevant up here, where you never quite know what to expect.

His motions are fluid as he stands up, his right hand grabs the bow within reach - made of pale material, that might be wood, but reminds of bones. A weapon, pretty much of his own size; which doesn't say much, as he's not the tallest fellow out there. It looks like the others have noticed the threat - hard to miss at this point, really - while the orcs do what they always do: stomping through the forests as if nothing could touch them. Somehow impressive that, even up here, the orcs seem to have so very little to offer, other than the drive to cause uncontrolled chaos; they are simply like those at home, welcome spearheads when mindless bodies are needed, without distinctive depths that most other species seem to develop underneath the sun.

The robot took up arms as it’s massive frame wheeled around to face this incoming threat. “Analyzing situation...”

“Combat situation confirmed. Preparing for battle,” it concluded quickly, as it took out his trusted warhammer and shield (AC+2 | AC 20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back