• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Courtesy of der Silberfuchs | Supernatural/Crime | Long-term, Lit./Adv. Lit. Partner [Updated 4/27]

Featherstone

Fleet-fingered Father of Falcons
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
YOU CAN FIND MY MOST RECENT PARTNER SEARCH HERE.

Earbuds Advised

istockphoto-498890280-612x612.jpg
“O’ God, the great Shepherd of all sheep, receive now unto you our brother,” Kratzer began in quiet German, a tongue his target couldn’t comprehend, and taking his blade firmly in his fingers. The metal came to the man’s neck and he set it carefully over the throat with a slight angle. He placed his off-hand onto the pommel so that he would have enough force to drive it straight through the neck and sever the spine at the base of the skull. The point pressed gently against Callaway’s skin without drawing blood.
“Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, we commend his spirit to your eternal care.”
“Pl-please. I...help...pe..peo....”
Kratzer poised his hands, the dagger hovering before its target. He positioned his body such that his shoulder was aligned vertically with his weapon. His gaze bored into that of the dying man’s. Carter’s eyes weren’t gold so much as light amber, specked with tints of orange and mustard towards the middle of his irises, like the color of the horizon when the sun had nearly disappeared but left a thin line of light between it and the night.
“Lord, may you bless him and keep him; may your face shine upon him and be gracious to him; may you lift up your countenance upon him and give him peace.”
Then, in a single, practiced motion, he drove the dagger towards the doctor and plunged it through his neck. Kratzer could feel the give beneath his hands as it slid between the atlas and the skull. The man stiffened, then jerked, reflexive tremors running through him. Then he went still. His leg twitched in the dimly-lit room that was silent once more.

“Amen.”

«The Story»​

Tweaking welcome~Feel free to come with your own ideas, etc. This is a baseline, not set in stone
It wasn't the first of the killings. The body was left with a single card beneath his tongue, inscribed in a fine cursive print written in the dark ink of a fountain pen, calligraphy spelling three, simple words: Courtesy of der Silberfuchs. They deemed him a copycat killer, mirroring the signature mark of one of Nazi Germany's assassins of the Second World War, and YC picked up the trail as a vigilante, law enforcement, a monster hunter (he is a vampire, and perhaps YC figured this out), or even a journalist. Hunted, searched with a dogged intensity--and then the trail went dead. The killings simply stopped. For years, there wasn't a single similar case anywhere in the world.

It's been three years, and the a third missing person has shown up in the course of six months. This wouldn't generally be a cause for concern. YC, however, has a hunch or catches a hint and when they poke their nose in, they discover something else: these people aren't being kidnapped or sold. They're being killed and, worst of all, it follows a pattern. Most others don't notice it without the calling card but YC does--how could they not, after the time they've spent hunting this criminal?--and a simple fact becomes clear: Silberfuchs is back, no longer as a hitman but as a serial killer.

Meanwhile, YC has met, in one fashion or another, this fine fellow who goes by the name of Kratzer. Maybe they saw him fighting in the illegal cages in the city's underbelly, or perhaps it was at a club where he came as a performer. Maybe it was simply in the store or on the street or anywhere else. Regardless of the nature of their meeting, or their developing relationship, they've become increasingly fond of each other (romantic or otherwise). In fact, they could almost call each other friends. There's endless possibilities: maybe YC is a monster hunter who's after him and knows he's undead, but doesn't know that he's the killer they've been tracking, while Kratzer recognizes that he's the very murderer YC pursues without knowing YC knows he's a monster; perhaps YC is an investigative journalist who picked up this trail on the side; maybe YC's in law enforcement and their mentor was on his case before getting killed by him, and then it went cold, and ever since, YC has been seeking the killer.

«The Character»​
image0.jpg
Name: Kratzer|aka "der Silberfuchs"
Nationality: Prussian, tells people he's German
Languages: German, Russian, Spanish, French, English, Mandarin Chinese
Race: Vampiric human (Pureblooded Vampire)
Religion: Roman Catholic in practice, 70% atheist in belief

Frank Sinatra? Check. Sexy, exotic accent? Also covered, if German is sexy and not just...angry. Scars that he's only 90% sure chicks dig? He's got those to, not to mention a charming, roguish grin and the persona of a performer in all the best ways. He's the gayest straight(ish) man you'll ever meet. He's got a fine sense of humor, an unshakable confidence and willingness to wear anything in public (yes, including that neon pink shirt with no fewer than three holes in it), and inner workings comprised of contradictions.

How many things has he done over the years? The terrible things, the good ones? He served as a soldier for his country, fought with the allies in the First World War, and as the years passed, made his way from a street rat to a mercenary and monster hunter. At some point he went from the monster hunted to the monster. Was it because he had to choose between the lesser of two evils too many times, or is that only the excuse he offers himself as justification when he contends with his guilt? Kratzer himself isn't quite sure. What he does know is that he loves the son who he's estranged from, he'll play accordion until the day he dies (again), and that he's one of the world's foremost hitmen in the supernatural and the human world alike.

All he wanted was a normal life. A wife. A child. Something nice, something kind, outside of all the abuse and bloodshed he's been caught in his whole life through. He had it, for a while, and then there was World War II and he got sucked into fighting for the Nazis against his will, and the world was never the same after that. Then his employer died, the one who'd kept him trapped in the killing game, and then, with the rising of the modern age, he had a chance. A chance to have that again.
GodFather_Death.jpg

He tried to fix things with his son. They were irreparable. He spent years living the normal life, pressing back those habits of violence until they came out in the ring. He told himself he wouldn't kill. He'd feed as much as he had to, he'd fight in the cages, and then that was all. But the days passed and they turned into weeks, months, years, and he couldn't keep it down.

Perhaps the simple truth is that he's not a killer because he was a hitman, but was a hitman because he's a killer, and he can't keep that buried forever--no matter how much he'd like to.

Appearance
5' 6.5" (1.68 meters), about 140 lb (63.5 kg). He's neither lithe nor stocky, though he is quite muscular as the years of combat have afforded him. He moves with a dancer's grace and constant awareness and control of his body that only comes through decades of training. His demeanor is, more often than not, one of light humor, roguish charm, and a wry sense of humor, but there are moments--fleeting moments--wherein this is replaced by something far more genuine and less of a persona. He's surprisingly grounded for someone so casual, and when he is on the stage or stands alone his performer's mask falls away, replaced by sobriety and a deep, careful contemplation. He has an acute awareness of the world and it's darkness, stared into that abyss and met its eyes when it stared back, and he lives with that constant conflict between a conscience that he possesses and that insatiable need to kill.

As though the scars weren't enough, Kratzer also bears a significant amount of ink that isn't shown in his drawing. His left arm and part of his back is covered shoulder-to-mid-forearm with intricate designs in pale hues. There is a woodland with road weaving through it, and along the path and within the woodland are creatures and figures from the old fairy tales: the wolf prowls near his shoulder, the leg of a lamb in its jaws and a silver fox standing some distance away, watching as it feeds and a human silhouette comes up behind it; the Pied Piper, followed by the children, walks down the pathway, rats scurrying away before him; Snow White and Rose Red with standing beneath the protective bear; and, at the bottom, a candle is sliced in two, fire flickering as it falls, the rising form of Death behind it, with an enscription in German below it: "Du hast einmal nach dem Schönsten gesucht...aber im Bett des Todes hast du es verraten und nach dem Leben eines anderen gegriffen. Schlaf jetzt." Translation: "You once searched for the most beautiful...but in the bed of death you betrayed it and reached for someone else's life. Sleep now."

«The Players»​

«What You Can Expect From Me»​

* PST timezone
* 3-5 para response on average, can and will do 8+, may drop to 2
* Advanced, literate roleplayer
* Preference for PM rp; strictly on-site roleplays
* Diverse side characters
* Dark themes (not gratuitous violence or shock value stuff, I just have a lot of abuse/drugs/rock 'n roll in a lot of my characters' backstories and the like). Tell me if you have any trigger warnings.
* Typically, I can reply daily, usually at least twice. I've done at least twenty for a single rp before in one day, too, so, I can generally match your pace! I do have a life, though, and pets, and school, and a family, so there'll be the occasional spoof for a few days (but I'll keep in touch OOC).
* OOC chatter on Discord or on-site, possibly interspersed with memery and pet pictures and bird facts
* No age requirement, just be ya know, mature and nice and fine with dark themes, yada yada.

My full search thread is here, if you want to get more of a handle on what I do.​

«What I Expect From You»​

* Please inquire through PM with an idea and writing sample, and be capable of writing at least 2-4 solid paragraphs on an average post.
* I ask that you collaborate with me. I don't want to be the only one dragging this plot along, nor do I wish to simply be along for the ride. We're partners; let's work like it.
* Communication and out-of-character discussion/chat
* I'm looking for someone who can post at least every few days and no less than once a week.
* No one-liners. I understand that sometimes dialogue, etc. gets short, but let's try to have some meat in most posts. Tell me your favorite bird, please.​
[/center]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back