• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

images

You know how big are leviathans given she must have transported around 5 to 10 thousand indaviduals this will likely be the talk of the realm if they are these insanely huge sea monsters.

You know how big are leviathans given she must have transported around 5 to 10 thousand individuals this will likely be the talk of the realm if they are these insanely huge sea monsters.
There wasn't even a thousand leviathan before their home fell apart and burned around them, and with that and the sea serpents hunting them down for sport, their numbers are more likely 100-300 individuals.

And it's the sea serpents that are the insanely huge sea monsters you're picturing. The leviathan are much smaller, though their sizes do have a rather wide range. Xir'ain is on the smaller end of the scale at ~20 feet. Whenever he takes on a humanoid form he'll be between 8 and 9 feet tall. So the leviathan are large, but not quite on the insanely huge scale.

You know how big are leviathans given she must have transported around 5 to 10 thousand indaviduals this will likely be the talk of the realm if they are these insanely huge sea monsters.

lol, from what I read she created two gate portals and had them swim/'fall' in single-file line through the safety of her room.

Auberon is aware of course. He knows all that goes on in his realm, especially if magic is used :closedeyessmile:

There wasn't even a thousand leviathan before their home fell apart and burned around them, and with that and the sea serpents hunting them down for sport, their numbers are more likely 100-300 individuals.

And it's the sea serpents that are the insanely huge sea monsters you're picturing. The leviathan are much smaller, though their sizes do have a rather wide range. Xir'ain is on the smaller end of the scale at ~20 feet. Whenever he takes on a humanoid form he'll be between 8 and 9 feet tall. So the leviathan are large, but not quite on the insanely huge scale.

Good thing we don't take gentics i to account as that is one hell of a genetic bottle neck

Good thing we don't take gentics i to account as that is one hell of a genetic bottle neck
It shouldn't be much of a problem anyway, considering there's never been a leviathan birth.

But by the time the small genetic pool would be a problem... Astarot will have probably been playing around with the leviathans' dna for so long that the chance of inbreeding is more like two individuals trying to play guess who while one is looking at battleship and the other is holding a royal flush and 200 dollars of monopoly money. That is to say, go fish.

What is the rate of thier reproduction it sounds very low if there has never been a birth and they have been living for quite some time at least 100 years

What is the rate of thier reproduction it sounds very low of there has never been a birth Nd they have been living for quite some time at least 100 years
Every leviathan right now is the first generation, created from Levi'anth. They've never had to reproduce because over time their numbers were always continuously increasing, albeit rather slowly. It's also worth pointing out that while plenty of leviathan have died, old age has never been the cause. So they could probably get along fine not figuring out the swordfish and the shellfish for quite a while.

And they'd need to keep a low population for now until they can establish a stable food supply. A bunch of eels only having access to land-based prey is not the most convenient way of hunting. I'm imagining fishing on a boat in the middle of a lake, casting onto shore, and hoping a passing raccoon takes the bait. But who knows, the leviathan might take to reverse-fishing. Maybe even set up on-land fish farms and get sick of having to say that long name so they end up just calling them farms. For some reason I can't really see leviathan farmers, but who knows what they'll get up to.

I have to ask so fairies can play with DNA because if so I have some ideas

As for yours I meant more how often can they have kids and how many. Like can they have 1 kids a year after 100 years of life or is it a ton of eggs every year they ate mature

Not sure if DNA is something anyone really understands in this setting. Astarot's specialty is transformation magic, especially as it applies to living things, so her magic will definitely be resulting in genetic diversity, whether or not that's her intention.
As for yours I meant more how often can they have kids and how many. Like can they have 1 kids a year after 100 years of life or is it a ton of eggs every year they ate mature
Leviathan mature within ~10 years and birth live young fully capable of fending for themselves. Usually only 1 at a time with the occasional multiple young after a ~10 month gestation.

Hmm then they should have no problem with numbers that is about as fast as anything in the real workd matures. Food would be easy if you have the fairy simply portal them into cities and leys them rampage for a little before portaling them out

I'm not sure she wants to be pushing the portal envelope any further after what she just pulled. Using fairy magic to directly cause conflict like that seems like it might be unwise. She doesn't want to lose her portal liscence, at least more than she already might.

Shrug I don't know seems like a chaotic idea maybe teach them the spell. If she really wants chaos then she should try to shape thier culture to raiding instead of agriculture. Have them focus on military and weapons development with next to no work on anything else given the children are born fully able to fight even they could go on the raids. Would be very diffrent .

If Astarot was the king, she very well might do that. But she isn't, and so long as the leviathan keep her from being bored she doesn't care what they do.

Besides, raids by monsters will not fix a human-centric worldview.

The fairy powers are dependent on the strength of the kingdom and limited to what players previously wrote about in their fairy description. So, for now, no (that's not to say that they can't learn it later. I welcome character development)

Though all fairies, by lieu of the premise, have the ability to transport things to and from the Fairy Realm so long as the Fairy King doesn't restrict their access.

Hmm then they should have no problem with numbers that is about as fast as anything in the real workd matures. Food would be easy if you have the fairy simply portal them into cities and leys them rampage for a little before portaling them out

All conflicts are done using the battle system. If the Fairy Realm is too involved in the conflict (used for portaling), Auberon will likely step in.

Oof, Herphaeus wasn't really charismatic.

lol. That's okay. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sure he'll get better at it with time^^ when the dice feels like being nice.

Don't forget to add the number to the Vethenia's stats.

Last edited:
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
Forgot to mention this, but Blackwell has fish people in it, so feel free to roll a population dice as well. You can just edit it into the post where Xir'ain addresses his people and gets them to follow to him.

Last edited:
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi
Forgot to mention this, but Blackwell has fish people in it, so feel free to roll a population dice as well. You can just edit it into the post where Xir'ain addresses his people and gets them to follow to him.
As in there were fish people in the big lake that just got filled with starved leviathan? Because that situation would not end how you're thinking.

As in there were fish people in the big lake that just got filled with starved leviathan? Because that situation would not end how you're thinking.

Haha. I see. Well, the nation of Levi'anth certainly got bigger(even if the surrounding population shrunk) so I stand by your right to roll (if you want to, of course. Story and game-mechanics can be separated or intertwined depending how players want to play).

Can the fish people in the lake be changed to something living on the island (on land) instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back