• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Chronicles of Aldelor ooc

C
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

blah, blah

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Whether it is feedback about the rp, some ideas you'd like to share, general plotting, or just chatting about your daily lives, feel free to speak up here.

Does a fairy have to be loyal to the king it's chosen? And related, what happens with the fairies if nations combine or split apart?

Does a fairy have to be loyal to the king it's chosen?

They generally are, but 'have' is a strong word, so I'm going to say no. If the king strays from the pact made, or if the king does something the fairy can't morally stand/falls down the path of evil tyranny during his rulership, then the fairy can oppose the king if they desire. They can even separate themselves from the kingdom at the cost of losing their immortality.

And related, what happens with the fairies if nations combine or split apart?

Only one fairy can draw power from one kingdom/nation. If a kingdom/nation gets assimilated into another more powerful nation with its own fairy, the weaker fairy is generally dead. The spliting of a nation generally results in the weakening of the fairy of that nation, but often times gives birth to a new fairy...as the spliting of a nation is usually followed by the creation of a new one.

Gonna quote a conversation I had with another player cause it summarizes bits of the lore I'd planned:

Still at work right now, but I'll definitely strive to get a lore thread up as soon as I can (or at least, get whatever little I have organized).

The fairies themselves come in many different shapes and sizes and can range from dullahans to leprechauns, depending on what the player prefers. Fairies can also take on forms that are more convenient for/ emphasize the values of the kingdom they serve. A fairy within a human country for example would have certain human-like qualities and might take on the appearance of something that's more reflective of human beauty (though they don't have to be beautiful). However, even though they can come in various appearances and temperaments, they all have a similar goal in that to see their kindom succeed. In short, the strength of the fairy is tied to the strength of the kindom. It has to do with the pact made between the king and the fairy upon their first meeting. A pact that must be renewed every generation if the fairy is to continue serving the nation. Things will be clearer once the rp starts. The role of the fairy in the kingdom is up to the players. Many fairies serve their kingdoms in prominent roles and standing, but that doesn't always have to be the case.

All the new kingdoms are young, but whether they started off as tribal to be brought together by the king or ppl that immigrated from a different kingdom( for various reasons) is up to you.

Travel is different for every kingdom and Im going to let players decide that. Though I do imagine that teleport gates would reqire some pts into the kingdom's technological advancements.

Feel free to keep asking questions if anything confuses you =)

Uh, is it possible to have a multi-racial kingdom?

Glad to see you appear to be well. Still working on some stuff for the rp, but feel free to check out the character sheet and figure out what kind of kingdom/nation you want to build.

@Quirky What stat bonus does a fairy's political specialty confirm? Regardless of what it is that's what I'm going with, as politics fits my kingdom's backstory.

@Quirky What stat bonus does a fairy's political specialty confirm? Regardless of what it is that's what I'm going with, as politics fits my kingdom's backstory.

Actually, thinking about it again, politics would make more sense with citizen happiness. Social skills is population.

Coming up with good reasons for a predatory race of sea serpents to not have prevented every other nation from using the seas out of fear of being eaten was tricky, until I though BIGGER SEA SERPENTS!

Sometimes the stupid solution is just stupid enough to fit.

Also I apologize for eating your people. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will.

This will be intresting two military amphibious kingdoms

At the start the leviathan are only "military" in the sense that they will eat you. They won't even wait for you to die if you're slow about it, so make sure to die quick.

Well then given I was making mine more or less claim lord ship over the oceans because magic and enslaved sea monsters. I may need to change it with your intro of God beasts of the oceans unless I can have those enslaved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back