• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Aldelor Lore

C
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

blah, blah

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni

Newer_Map_Current3.png

Lore Page
Fairies: Mythical maker of kings. They choose people who they deem worthy to become kings. Or, perhaps, the kings choose them. Whichever the case, these creatures aid their king with the magic in their possession and grow in strength as the kingdom grows. They come in various shapes, sizes, and specialties, often taking on important positions within the kingdom/country/nation. Kings that do not have a fairy aren’t worth their salt and aren’t allowed into the Convergence of Kings held every 10 years. Every kingdom in Aldelor has only has one fairy.

Fairy Realm: The home where all fairies are born. It is legendary kingdom that exists in an alternate dimension within, but not quite, Aldelor. Ruled by the Fairy King, it is only accessible to fairies and those chosen by the fairies. No one besides those deemed worthy by the fairies has ever seen what it looks like. However, there are many stories. The Fairy Realm is also referred to by Aldelorians as the King’s Cradle, a holy land where the authority to rule is granted. Getting there is nigh impossible without a fairy by your side.

e653ae12-8cc5-4a3b-b433-9205c3d3a32a.png

Aldelor: Your typical fantasy world. A planet seeped in magic and home to various races/species due to its abundant resources. As far as creation theory goes, many believe that the oldest race, the fairies, have something to do with it. Thus, in certain areas, the fairies are likened to gods. Some religious scholars even claim that the world was united once, under a legendary king who made a pact with the Fairy King. This legendary king, who comes in many names and species, once ruled the world. Kings with dreams of grandeur and conquest often try to follow in his footsteps.

Ritual of Kings: It is a bonding ritual. A magical vow made by the fairy and the ruler of a kingdom that ties the fairy’s life to that of the kingdom’s. While giving the fairy immortality and strength, it also means that the fairy gets weakened when the kingdom does. Dies when the kingdom does. Every time rulership is handed down or given away, a new vow must be made for the fairy to remain anchored to the kingdom. Every nation or kingdom has their own ceremony and customs as to how they do this, but the general procedure is the same. Only one vow can be made at a time with one fairy. If a new vow is made with a new fairy, the previous one is negated. However, a fairy may make a vow with multiple ‘kings’ depending on how the country’s government works.

Convergence of Kings: Every 10 years, the Fairy King calls all kings chosen by fairies to the Fairy Realm for a world meeting. A tradition that has existed in Aldelor since the first king made a pact with the first fairy. Kings do not have to attend. However, it’s an excellent place for Aldelor’s rulers to gather together, discuss trades, alliances, and the direction of the world. A gathering of world leaders so to say.

More will be updated as the rp unfolds. I'll also be counting on you guys to help me add to to Aldelor's lore. The history of the world is made by the actions of individual nations, after all. And I'm going to allow all kinds of world-building so long as basic lore is followed. Play as a king and let's create together the world of Aldelor!

Rules Section
1. Basic RPN rules. Follow them.
2. No godmodding. I'm the only one that is allowed to do that.
3. Basic courtesy. Even if you disagree, try to respect one another.
4. Read every post...or at least try to. The things players write about their kingdoms and anything they might add to the world of Aldelor are things you might need to know as well, even if your character isn't directly involved.

More may be updated later.

Nation's Stats
Every time you make a post upgrading one of your nation's stats, edit in a 10-side dice roll. Whichever number you roll is added to one of the following nation stats.

Population: The people of your nation. Your nation's lifeblood. If it ever hits 0, your nation no long er exists. It's dead. It goes up when you make posts recruiting more people to your kingdom or anything along those lines.

Economy: The riches of your nation. You can trade 1 point of economy for 1 of any other stat at any time. It goes up when you make posts involving businesses within your kingdom. Or a post involving trade with another nation.

Miltary Might: Your nation's strength and defense. It's used to participate in wars/battles and depletes the more you engage. It goes up every time you make a post building your kingdom's army, training your people, etc.

Technological Advancements: How advanced your nation is. For every stat you have here, add 0.5 points to another stat. It goes up every time you make a post discovering something new in your kingdom or developing something.

Citizen Happiness: How happy the people of your nation are. This stat determines the loyalty of your people. Relevant in certain event rolls, it'll prevent revolts and spontaneous population decreases (due to emigration into another nation) the higher it is. Your nation won't die so long as your people remain united. It goes up every time you make a post introducing holidays, festivals, or any other cultural event that brings people joy from their everyday lives.

Battle Mechanics
Any time your nation initiates conflict (of the violent kind) with another nation, roll a 10-sided dice. That dice is added to your nation's military might for a total offense score. The nation with the higher offense score determines the outcome of the battle/skirmish (rp-wise). The losing nation, loses 3 military might. If the difference between the two offense rolls is less than 50%, the winning nation also loses 1 military might. If it is greater, the winning nation losing nothing. War ends when once side loses all their military might. Or when players decide to call it quits and negotiate a truce. If a player nation is attacked while he or she has no military might, they must give up 3 stat of the attacker's choice to the attacking nation.

Event Rolls
In order to prevent the rp from going stale by its sandbox nature, one random nation (determined by gm dice roll) will get a random event in their kingdom at a random time. May be a positive event. May be a negative one. Might even be a neutral one.

More information about how this rp will work can be found in the interest check if you haven't seen it yet:
Chronicles of Aldelor

Last edited:
A few lore pieces I have.
The Vethenian Empire
At the dawn of civilization, the lands of what we now call Vethenia are settled by numerous savage tribes, most notable of them the Firogates, the Gwisings, and the Tirikuls. These tribes had built giant settlements at various locations throughout the land, and they traded with the wealthy proto-Saragoths to their southwest, exchanging timber, fur, herbs, and precious stones in return for food, weapons, as well as luxury items crafted by the highly skilled smiths of the proto-Saragoths. Occasionally, the proto-Saragoths would invade the forests of Vethenia, but they almost always stopped after the tribes agreed to send tribute. As time passed, the Vethenian tribesmen began adapting proto-Saragothic traditions into their own customs. as the proto-Saragothic influence began creeping into the lands. They adopted their way of dress, incorporated loan words from the Saragothic tongue into their own, their works were studied repeatedly by the tribal nobility, and the chieftains tried their best to marry their heirs to Saragothic nobility.

Eventually, a lowly peasant named Reming of the Vituns tribe rose to power and conquered the rest of the tribes in merely a few years. It is yet unknown why he managed to do so, but some speculate that he may have had supernatural assistance. Reming eventually became Emperor Reming the Great, and established the Vethenian Empire, based on the model of the proto-Saragoth empire. Those that were unable to accept his rule fled south and mingled with the local tribes, and these people eventually formed the nation of Albion as we know it today. The Vethenian empire was the point of exchange of Saragothic and Cyroganic goods, and it is through the Vethenian port of Raguzios that goods from all over the Spantonian continent was distributed to the rest of the world, During this point in history, the Vethenians revered Saragothic culture, and tried to adopt their customs, resulting in the creation of the modern Vethenian language, as well as several customs such as the Harvest Festival, which was directly borrowed by the proto-Saragoths. The Empire prospered for three centuries, and it's rule lasted for five. Unfortunately, it came under the rule of a string of increasingly incompetent rulers during it's last days, which was one of the factors that lead to the eventual Saragothic Invasion that ended the Empire and placed the Vethenians under centuries of foreign rule.

Anguarnath
Passage taken from a passage in the Vethenius Geleses Terrunis(Records of Vethenian Geography)

While researching about the topic, I had found out, to my dismay, that our libraries do not contain much concerning the lands of Anguarnath to our far south, not even the origins of the name ‘Anguarnath’ itself. However, I did come across a few myths regarding it. Reportedly, Anguarnath is a land filled with pure evil and endless misery, it’s air saturated with hate and despair. The flora and the fauna all seek to end the lives of all that dare enter, and those living within this cursed land are twisted beings of infinite savagery, with repulsive appearances that disgusts all. I do not know how much of these stories are true, but there must be some sort of truthfulness to these claims. In my quest to verify those claims, I had traveled south into Albion to interview the locals, even down to the province Cyra Dinaeth, which is right next to Anguarnath, in order to verify the truth. What I had found wasn’t particularly pleasant. My trips had lead me to the town of Feasce, the closest human settlement to the lands of Anguarnath, at least the closest in the known world, and I looked across the border into the rumoured dark land. In all honesty, the lands of Anguarnath do not look much different when compared to the soil I was stepping on at the time, but it’s the inhabitants that unsettles me. I saw crude, hateful spires made out of crudely carved stone all across the horizon, and the echoes, the truly disturbing echoes of the Anguarnathian chanting. Their voices reeked of true evil, and the words are simply so twisted that even recalling them makes me feel nauseous. The townsfolk told me that it happens everyday and only stops at night. When I asked how they managed to cope with the terrible chanting, they simply shrugged. Perhaps they had gotten used to it, or something more sinister may had been at work here. Unfortunately, I was unable to verify the truth regarding the flora and fauna of the region, nor was I able to witness the foul inhabitants of the land itself, due to the unwillingness of the locals to venture into the area. I would have ventured in myself, but the locals were persistent on leaving it alone. However, I did discover the origins of the name of the land itself. It was part of the terrible chants by it’s inhabitants. In fact, it’s the most frequently uttered word within them. Upon learning everything I could about the dark lands of Anguarnath, I immediately returned to the city of Littocenes, as no sane man would remain near these cursed lands for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back