• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jaydude jaydude would it be ok to Introduce a Fact that this exact site was in fact a site of a yozi cult during the Shogunate Era? this would also make our claim a bit more believable if we can uncover it.

jaydude jaydude would it be ok to Introduce a Fact that this exact site was in fact a site of a yozi cult during the Shogunate Era? this would also make our claim a bit more believable if we can uncover it.

Sure. Just give me an Intelligence + Lore roll against a difficulty of 2.

In her mind, her plan is a risky alternative to the least risky option, which yes is killing all the witnesses. Which she doesn't particularly want to do, even if they were Lookshy.
Cool beans. Was just making sure so I know if Zed would support or oppose it.

jaydude jaydude I was looking at the write up for the Unicorn that Sherwood shared with us, and I see that it is possible for them to have wings. Can my familiar friend be so equipped? I like the idea of flying around into a future fight on my alicorn.

jaydude jaydude I was looking at the write up for the Unicorn that Sherwood shared with us, and I see that it is possible for them to have wings. Can my familiar friend be so equipped? I like the idea of flying around into a future fight on my alicorn.
Sure thing.

I'm a bit confused about the artifact situation. Maybe I'm carrying over things from Ex2 here, but to my mind each artifact is supposed to be an item of legend with stories surrounding it, not something that you generally find a bunch of in a box or can expect to easily find a seller for. Furthermore, barring complicated magitech, artifacts are generally pretty close to indestructible, so I'm puzzled by the description of the artifacts belonging to the defeated dragonblooded as damaged.

Am I misremembering, or is there something going on here we should be aware of?

Maybe it's the case of we just dont the story around it yet. Having neither attuned to it or investigated it.

Like Zeds green jade coat could have been done epic artifact of warrior prince and was responsible for saving its wielders life against armies of infernal.

But, Zed wouldnt really know anything about that.

Unless we can do some research into each item we come across, we wouldn't be able to know the details of its history, unless it was some truly legendary item.

Finding them in a box makes them feel not-special. Having an NPC say "I'll just sell those," makes them seem not-special.

While that is all true... we have a way to try and find some info about each Artifact we come across... that is what my character is designed to do...

A number of those Artifacts - namely the Green Jade armor, the Belt of Shadow Walking and the Orichalcum stuff - were put there as a reward for the characters who'd taken part in the attack on the fortress. As for the rest of the stuff, the weapons were put there to correspond with the stuff in the first coffer (Green Jade Armor + Green Jade Weapon, and so on), my headcanon being that the non-Oricalcum armor and weapons had been the equipment of an Outcaste Dragon-blooded trio who'd ran afoul of the checkpoint, and were due to be sent to Lookshy until the Circle attacked.

That aside, discounting that I wasn't quite sure what Artifacts Rykon Rykon and Psychie Psychie would want for their characters, I'd think that realistically, not every treasure trove the heroes find will match up perfectly with their builds and party composition. And even with the existence of the Sidereals, I feel I can only use coincidence so much before things starts to look contrived.

With regards to the quantity of Artifacts, I admit that I'm not entirely sure what the rules are regarding their rarity in 3e. My headcanon for this game has been that while there are far less Artifacts than there are mortals in Creation, there are enough Artifacts for the majority of Exalts to be able to acquire at least a single three-dot one, typically a weapon, but no more than two Artifacts each. Lookshy Dragon-blooded and Realm Dynasts on the other hand are usually able to have two, often a weapon and set of armor, simply because they have far better access to them.

My logic for the above is that - for Jade Artifacts anyway - not only would there be a number of Artifacts left over from the Shogunate and Solar Deliberative, but Lookshy and the Realm would have had to commission new ones to outfit their expanding Dragon-blooded populations. In terms of sourcing materials, the Realm is a superpower that controls the continent-sized Blessed Isle and a number of satrapies in the Threshold, while Lookshy has connections to the Creation-spanning economic powerhouse known as the Guild, so finding enough Jade for all those Artifacts shouldn't be a problem. Assuming that the majority of Artifacts are recovered and passed on after the deaths or retirement of their original owners, the number of them in Creation will inevitably increase over the 700+ years since the founding of Lookshy and the Realm, and trickle down to the rest of Creation's Essence user population.

Regarding Artifacts having histories, I could probably rattle out a backstory for each custom one I include, explaining when it was crafted, it's intended purpose, and how it's been used up to now. Problem is that that takes time, and there's only so much of my day I can devote to this game. Not to mention that I can't be sure if the history will actually turn out to be relevant in the greater context of the story - for example, determining the nature of its Evocations - which doesn't make me particularly eager to spend time on it.

Also, for what it's worth, not counting the armor and weapons taken from Arumi and Masaru, the fortress in question was part of a river checkpoint, which typically stop and search those who pass through, and can detain them and/or confiscate their goods if the situation calls for it. In this universe, I think it's one of the few scenarios where multiple Artifacts could be acquired at once, and in this case it's due largely to coincidence. Plus, I may have written Ozwin as being a bit nonchalant about being able to sell Artifacts, but it's not going to be easy by any means; for each Artifact he's going to have to find someone who A) can afford to buy it from him, and B) won't try to screw him over. That could take him weeks or months.

Any Artifact you do not want to write a backstory to, that's fine, just let us know, and I am sure one of us can find the time to make something up. This is a collaborative game...

I, for one, would love Quill to track down the histories and powers of Artifacts we find, if only to create a comprehensive volume detailing them. He did take the right Sorcerous Initiation to be obsessed with it...
Even if most of it happens off screen.

Quill would prefer to safeguard any Artifact we find, that we do not use, if only so we can equip anyone we choose to bestow such a gift upon. But mostly, because each such Artifact can be studied to better understand how to craft the crown he intends to create for Ysandre. Did I mention he was "a bit" obsessed?!

Sorry if I came on a little aggressively. I should say I think you're doing a great job with this campaign, I just take issue with things that look like reskinned D&D rather than Exalted.

Sorry if I came on a little aggressively. I should say I think you're doing a great job with this campaign, I just take issue with things that look like reskinned D&D rather than Exalted.
No worries. And thanks.

I'll probably stop having Artifacts show up as random loot from now on. If you want them, you'll have to seek them out, or take them from their wielders should you run into them.

Also Psychie Psychie and D. Rex D. Rex , do you want to do the write-ups for the Artifacts you picked up? History, powers and whatever else Quill's examination is going to discover? If not, I can write something, though it probably won't be up until next morning.

No worries. And thanks.

I'll probably stop having Artifacts show up as random loot from now on. If you want them, you'll have to seek them out, or take them from their wielders should you run into them.

Also Psychie Psychie and D. Rex D. Rex , do you want to do the write-ups for the Artifacts you picked up? History, powers and whatever else Quill's examination is going to discover? If not, I can write something, though it probably won't be up until next morning.

I dont know what I could do with the Green Jade jacket. Feel free to write to something up if you want.

But! Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws helped me find a good artifact template for the grimscythe which I would certainly like to use.

Also @Psychie and @D. Rex , do you want to do the write-ups for the Artifacts you picked up? History, powers and whatever else Quill's examination is going to discover? If not, I can write something, though it probably won't be up until next morning.
At this point, I am fine with just having the blades that I picked up as is. I have to awaken more powers from the armor and my bow as it is.

Quick update: Still working on doing basic write-ups for all those Artifacts (no Evocations, just a basic concept of what they can do, why and when they were forged, and a short history for each one). The only ones left are Ganzin's new armor, Axtis's daiklaves, and Arumi and Masaru's equipment.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
Help me out here, there's something I'm confused about. Why would Quill need to use Sacred Relic Understanding on a daiklave or set of Artifact armor? Surely he'd know that to use it, he'd just have to attune to it.

Red Shadow Claws Red Shadow Claws
Help me out here, there's something I'm confused about. Why would Quill need to use Sacred Relic Understanding on a daiklave or set of Artifact armor? Surely he'd know that to use it, he'd just have to attune to it.

I'll say this isn't so much as knowing that he needs to attune to it to use it, it's probably more to get a rough sense of it's capabilities. For example, Sun's Brush, my Artifact weapon, is easy enough to use in combat. But it's Evocations? they seem more suited for scholarly stuff than combat. Using Sacred Relic Understanding might give a hint regarding that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back