• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Irvi laughed as Riko took in the sight of the garden. It looked so much different in the daytime, but it was still just as beautiful as it had been when she saw it last night. She wandered further into the garden and picked up a stray little flower the had fallen on the ground, twirling it around in her fingers. With a happy little sigh, she walked back over to Riko and stuck the blossom in his hair. "There we go!" Irvi said, before walking a bit forwards to sit down in a little grassy spot free of flowers. The breeze might've felt nice, although the chill was biting into her skin- even through all her sweaters. She wrapped her arms around herself and lied down on her back to look up at Riko, "You oughta come here at night sometime! It's colder but it's gorgeous. Mister Jacques seems really good at gardening."

Irvi stayed on the ground for a good while, gazing up at the sky and occasionally seeing little butterflies flutter over her head. She felt all her grief and anxiety slip away, and for these little moments everything was alright. She almost wondered if there was something magical about the place. Eventually, she sat back up and asked Riko, "Do you like it here? At the house?" She was beginning to feel a little more at home here, despite the chaotic nature that seemed to be normal. It was certainly better than staying at an orphanage, although the kids there were nice. Good kids that life screwed over.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Last edited:
Riko Miracus

The peaceful atmosphere of the garden was overwhelming for Riko. He was feeling so calm that he didn't nitice that he was smiling a bit. Although it's not very noticable. He was pretty much again spacing out at the very moment. Riko's attention returned to reality when Irvi walked back to him just to put a beautiful flower on his head. "Umm, thanks..." He awkwardly replied. Riko didn't understand why Irvi would do such a thing but he didn't seem to mind.

He watched Irvi walked futher away from him as he just stood in place like a statue. As he stood small animals began to surround him. From small birds to butterflies. A white butterfly landed on his injured shoulder. Despite it being injured. Riko did not feel the insect's weight pressuring his shoulder. A small light-green bird landed on top of his head, quietly snoozing on top. Bees flew by close to him. He stands so still that it seems like he is part with the garden. All the animals began to go away further from Riko as he finally started to follow along with Irvi, since she is going too far for him. Irvi suggested that he should visit the Garden at nighttime she described that is more beautiful. Riko simply nodded in acknowledgement.

Riko's silent nature ensues on as time passed by. Riko has his attention on the real world this time. Riko's time was a tough one but he stiod strong on his ground. Fighting for what is right. Irvi stood back up and asked a good question that he has yet to answer. "Yes. I do like it, here." His answer sounded rather vague. Riko has yet to answer if he is truly home or not. No wonder it sounded like he is lying. Riko returned the question to Irvi "Why? Don't you like it here?" He asked.

Svisttt Svisttt

Soma: White Haired Devil covered in Soot.

Soma sat in the chair near Jian's bed, smirking as he watched her under the covers. "Enjoy your rest, Jian." He stood up, patting her head under the covers. Deciding to leave the room now. This time, Soma went to Joseph's room, a serious expression on his face. One he never usually has on, he had questions and he wanted answers..The only man he could trust with those answers was Joseph. Knocking on the door lightly, Joseph made a noise that sounded like "Come in". Which Soma understood, and slipped in. Closing the door behind him. Both men stared at one another, each one having steely infusion within their eyes. Soma sat at the otherside of the desk, one hand slipping under Soma's chin to hold his head in position. "You know why I'm here, and you know what this is about.." Joseph finished the sentence "About last night. Yes..What happened, Soma?" He asked, closing his journal. An old, leather-bound book that detailed Joseph's life from War General to now. Soma began the conversation, explaining to Joseph what happened last night. The man he had met after his mission was completed, and the announcement that this man was infact a devil, not only that, his older brother. Joseph added to this equation, that his older brother, Cerevantes was not intending to kill him. Instead to see how powerful he was, and if his devil's blood would react to the near-death experience that Soma had encountered. Which was not the case, Soma had a firm grasp of his humanity within him, and that was what Cerevantes wanted to take away, to unleash Soma's Devil-like intentions. To restore him to his beastly desire. And to finally control it like his brother had.
"Monsters, no matter what are still able to feel emotions. The only thing that keeps them from experiencing them to the fullest is their desire for power. As long as they hold power, nothing else matters to them. But if they take the chance to let humanity flourish within them, they can grow to become better beings. Though, there will always have to be balance. You can't always have every demon convert themselves to a better cause in life." Joseph stood up, pulling his cape over his shoulder "Soma, your bloodline is one molded by blood, and not only that a rare blood. That is why monsters are attracted to you more-so, they want your power. Your blood.." Joseph turned to the window in his study, as if he was in great thought. "Lucifer wanted a Clan that could uphold his throne if he ever went away, and he created that clan through his own blood, though they were not directly related to him they are successor's to the throne by birthright alone. You and Cerevantes are products of that Clan, born by the blood of a Legendary Devil. Monsters want your blood so they can attain more power, and a right to the throne. Your brother has already figured out this, and he aims to claim the throne..Doesn't he? The fact he wants you to join him is what makes things more complicated, I'd expect him to have killed you by now so he could be the one true ruler..But he instead wants to rule with his brother by his side."
Soma listened, almost in fear of what he was. Looking at Joseph, he narrowed his eyes. "If I'm a product of Lucifer's bloodline, then doesn't that mean I'd be a lot more powerful than even you?" Joseph looked over at Soma "Not precisely, since you are descended from the bloodline, your blood and Cerevantes' blood are more diluted than the originals. Sure, you might have a leg up on competition with your lineage, but I wouldn't say you could take Hell over in one swoop. It would take you millions of years to grow THAT strong. Even in my prime, I was unable to best all of Hell myself, which is why I had created an organization to help me fight the battles." Soma nodded, pleased with the fact he wasn't insanely powerful. Standing up. "Anything else?" Joseph nodded, smiling "You've got babysitting duty tomorrow! You're in charge with training the new-comers. While the ressst of us go out for a Festival tomorrow!" Soma's eyes widened. "WHAAAT!! You guys get to go to a Festival? Damn...And the only time I could have probably worn Sayogoromo's Kimonos'...AH WELL, It's all good, I'm glad I get to give the newbies some introductions to this place! I've been dying to see where their skills lie!" Soma grinned, not so sad about the festival anymore, and more so excited over the chance to train the newbies.

~
The Next Day (Evening-Night time)
Bordova - Silver Moon Festival!

The streets were littered with crowds of people, games of all sorts, stands full of foods and crafts, lights, tricksters, magicians for fun. Bordova's people of all kinds, rich, poor, everyone in the middle even, all came together on this one night to be together fully. To enjoy the night with one another, and even to spark love within the nightly glow of the moon. The 5 Families would congregate in a large, elaborate and decked out stand, overlooking all the people of Bordova.

Vincent Bernhard, the pale, tall and lanky head of the Bernhard Family, the most powerful family of Bordova would sit in the middle of the others. Black, long thick hair lay down his shoulders, combed for hours almost to get a perfect feel and look. His eyes were a light purple, his smile, welcoming and warm. Vincent is 29
Annalise Gilga, head of the Gilga Family and 2nd most powerful family within Bordova. She is 5'5, small for Vincent who was 6'5. But she made up for this with a muscular body. Light blonde hair that shone like gold in the sun and glowed like silver in the night. Her eyes were a sky blue, her stare like daggers into any that dared stand against her. Her disdain for the Cerberus Vale was evident, and she only tolerated them because of their work. She is 33
Richter Zobel, head of the Zobel Family and 3rd most powerful family in Bordova. A young man, actually the youngest in his family, at the age of 15 he came into political power, whereas all his older siblings are much too sick to take on the mantle. It is evident in his posture, his increased nervousness and anxiety, and stuttering when under pressure that he is a weak political figure among Bordova, he is prone to sweat especially when he is waited on. Though despite all of this, he is pure of heart. A good young man that wants only the best for the people of Bordova. Richter has short, messy brown hair with green eyes. Light splotches of freckles litter his face, he is also noticed to always shrink or hunch over to not bring attention to himself.
Crispin Nordrum, head of the Nordrum Family and 4th most powerful family of Bordova. A leader among his people, and a master-craft at farming. He is a strong willed man willing to sacrifice his own food for anyone who needs just a bit more to get moving. Sandy blonde hair combed back, and dusty brown eyes are his traits. He knows little of the supernatural, but he is sure that if the Cerberus Vale is around, they will stop anything that tries to hurt his people. The Nordrum Family is large in itself, Crispin is of the age of 45.
Maria Cedris, head of the Cedris Family and 5th most powerful family in Bordova. Maria is a care-free and happy-go-lucky type of woman, she is at the ripe age of 20 years old, and being the head of the Cedris Family has only given her the ability to do what's right for Bordova. Always creating new ideas, helping craft new inventions to help better the lives of Halbert and King's Gate City's farmers. She is an explorer, and a curious woman for the supernatural. Though she will not push her curiosity to the limits, considering she fears of going too far without being able to get out. Night sky black hair and dark blue eyes are her traits, fair is her skin.

The 5 Families await for Joseph's arrival to the large, over-arching palanquin. As well as his family, to enjoy the festivites and freely have fun in whichever way they please. Unbeknowest to all.. A Devil in a red coat walks the grounds of the Festival, a Katana held tightly in his left hand. And a mastermind of evil and the arcane lurks in plain sight.. Back at the Mansion, Soma had already called for Irvi and Riko's presence to be outside, towards the back of the Mansion, which is where the training field is. Holding a few wooden swords in hand, some targets for target practice, and other things he will use to test them littered all over the field overlooking the beach below, and the ocean towards the horizon. Jacques was at his side, awaiting the newcomers.

ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20

rpnbanner1.jpg

There was a lot going on. By the time Isaac focused on one flashy item or activity, there were ten more to be taken into account. Blinking rapidly, he used the rest of the group as a shield against the crowds, sticking to the back. He wondered how Jian was holding up, the last time he’d seen her she was in a rough state. Isaac would’ve done something to help, but he wouldn’t know where to start. At the end of the day, he was only human, and lacked the expertise to navigate the intricate rules of the dream state. Besides, if he knew how to navigate dreams, he would’ve fixed his own problems first.

Incana held a mean grudge, and still hadn’t got revenge for the banshee situation, so Isaac had spent the night tending to the jungle growing in his room. Last night he’d watered, trimmed, and repotted plants until the sun rose the next morning- even making a trip into the forest to forage for new species. It was too dark, so he’d given up and stolen from the garden instead. He doubted anyone would notice.

Ugh, these people are so irritating. A girl bumped into him as she rushed to peer at a stuffed frog. UGH. Don’t they have any respect for other people? Can they not give us some room to walk?

The noise, the crowds, and his exhaustion made his mood take a nosedive. He had to find something fun soon to distract himself or he’d be stuck in a foul attitude all night.

To their left, there was a stand advertising a knife throwing competition. If you could pitch the knife into a target, you could win an undetermined prize. The further back you stood, the better the prize, supposedly. The girl currently taking on the challenge slipped and dropped her knife, clattering to the ground with a loud metallic ring. A collective cringe passed over the crowd. Right beside it was a stand selling beakers of black currant mead, undoubtedly the reason for her clumsiness. The whole thing seemed like a terrible idea. “Guys, that seems like a great idea.” He exclaimed, hoping some enthusiasm would convince his peers to overlook the risk. “Looks like a good time, yeah?”

If he was going to have to fight through these crowds, he would at least have some fun doing it.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Severia Severia animegirl20 animegirl20

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngThe net day Jian was pretty much in her room all day. For one thing that demon doing what he did in her head left her with a headache the next morning and she felt mentally and emotionally drain. Finding out that all of that with the little boy from her past was fake actually affected her a bit more then she originally let on. She had wanted to talk to Soma about that darn letter he now had in his possession. But she never brought it up. Once evening came her headache was gone and she felt better. She almost decided not to go. But she felt restless after being in her room all day. She wore a outfit that she never actually had a excuse to wear until now. After putting it on she wasn't even sure if it suited her. "Maybe I should of just wore my armor." Before she left she told Soma she wanted to talk to him when she got back.

She was now at the festival with the rest of the group and there tons of people and children around. There were games and all sorts stands and stalls. Food stalls looked really good. She glanced at Isaac when he spoke up. "Huh?" She looked over to see a knife throwing game then a stall selling mead. "Mead?" She walked over and looked at the mead then glanced over at the stall. She hadn't had a drink in a while and playing that game didn't seem like a bad idea. "I think I will I play." Jian said to Isaac. She walked over and the man gave her the knives. She then stood the furthest back that was allowed and took aim. "Sure you don't want to come closer lady?" The man said loudly to her. "I'm sure." She then took the first knife focused and made the target, second knife made the target and so non and so forth. The man yelled out. "Congratulation miss! take pic from any of these prizes." He pulled out five huge stuff animals. She figured as much. That would be the prize. While she was deciding. She looked to the others. "You guys wanna play?"
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Attachments

• Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    640.5 KB · Views: 4
Irvi laughed as the critters that had gathered around Riko scattered when he moved towards her. She wasn't sure if they were just drawn to him, or if he'd been so still he just blended straight into the surroundings. Whatever it was, it was pretty cute.

He answered her question, although he'd been a bit vague and just flipped the question back onto her. "Why? Don't you like it here?" Irvi hesitated on answering for a moment, before shrugging and saying, "Mmm... yeah! I like it." It was true- she did like it here, she just wasn't sure if she'd belong. She wasn't even really sure why she was here, despite Joseph already telling her it was because of her aunt. There wasn't anything particularly special about her, at least in her eyes. "Ah... anyways... I'm freezing and I bet things have settled down... uhm... thank for coming out here with me!" Irvi chirped before giving him a little wave and running back inside, where it was a least a little warmer.

-~-​

Irvi did her best the next day to stay out of everyone else's way, using the time before sunset to get her things in her room at least a little organized. Half that time was spent lying on the floor doing nothing but staring at the ceiling, or if she was feeling spicy at the wall, but she did her best to stay productive. Irvi knew keeping busy wouldn't be much of an issue when Soma called her and Riko out to the back of the house, something she'd been dreading but also strangely excited about. Mummy man was still a little scary, but whatever was going to happen might be fun!

...Maybe?

She walked down the stairs after everyone else had left to go to the festival, trying to remember which way she had to go. She was a little sad she didn't get to go to the festival, but not because she'd be missing out on any fun. Irvi irrationally thought she'd be able to see her parents there- after all, people from all over Bordova attended the event, right? It was a dumb thought and she knew it, but she couldn't let it go. She fidgeted with her little locket as she walked, and eventually she came to a door leading outside.

She had on her usual sweaters and a hoodie for good measure, which she was grateful for as she stepped outdoors and hesitantly wandered to the back of the house. Irvi saw mummy man and Jacques standing there, with wooden swords and other things she figured they'd be using. The girl walked a bit closer and squeaked, "Ah... hi!"

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Riko Miracus

The freezing breeze blew his hair. It did not bother him. He was just as calm as the garden's nature. Riko stood quietly as he listened to the girl's goodbye. He simply nodded in response. Irvi had left yet he chose to stay a little longer. He quietly stod in place as he watched over the garden. Something about this place really calms him. The flower on his head was blown away without him noticing. This was the same time he decided to leave. Riko slowly came back inside. He was never seen again for the rest of that day.

Next day...​

Until now. He reappeared, walking the halls again. He has quiet footsteps which is a force of habit. He was the last one to come out of his room.. Riko did not oversleep but rather just sat in his room. Spending countless minutes looking at his trench coat. His worn out stolen trench coat. Whatever the boy is thinking seems to be rather personal. He was now being called to proceed to go in the very back of the mansion for who knows what reason, whatsoever. Riko did not hesitate to leave his room. He wore his coat and kogged his way towards the called destination. Nobody has told him that he shouldn't be running around the mansion. After a while. The boy has finally reached the back of the mansion it took him a bit of time because he got lost on the way by a wrong turn. He jogged his way to Soma and Irvi. He came to a complete stop, next to Irvi without saying a word.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt

Cordelia Zale
A Girl Enjoying a Festival

After everyone left her room, Cordelia had locked herself in. Not even paying attention to whatever happened nearby, she walked to the door and close it fiercely. Then, all the lying plushies suddenly shattered into pieces, making a sound like broken glasses. Not satisfying, she swore and merged all the broken water into a single large ball before crushing it to pieces again with her fist.

A while after that, the room was filled with destruction, emotions and water of all sorts, a silvery one that can change its hardness but hadn’t softened even once, the crimson one that could be seen as small stains around the room, and the glittering one that kept running down her cheeks.

Cordelia dizzily opened her eyes. She was lying on the ground and judging from the dim orange light outside of her window, it was no longer morning. Sitting in the room that looked as if a hurricane had passed through, she questioned herself.

So what happened this morning? Or rather, what she had done?

Similar to how people feel better after crying, the demon who underwent her first mental breakdown in lifetime and had unleashed all her stress and anger to the extent that she fell unconscious due to energy burnout was definitely feeling better. Despite that, she made a grim face while calmly grasping the situation with her usual mindset.

Looking around the room, she sighed before preparing to snap fingers

"Even though I told them there would be no more cracks..."

Muttered wryly, all the silvery waters flew to the cracks in the wall, floor and even ceiling. The girl had no idea what she had done to make that large crack above her head, but it wouldn’t be pleasant to recall anyway, so she just chuckled and watched as water filling themselves in the cracks, replicating the surfaces and changing their colors.

So now she could copy anything huh? Previously, the mandatory silvery blue color limit its utilization to only weapons and some toys or ornaments like a doll or tiara, but now she could even make dress or repair room indistinguishably. What if...

Cordelia jumped onto the bed. Quickly wiping her tear-stained cheek, she concentrated.

After doing something horribly wrong, Cordelia Zale wasn't a girl who would lament, apologize, burden herself or blame anyone. There's only one thing she would do; improving herself, which would eventually lead to achieving something that could compensate or completely overwrite her bad deeds!

Some of the silvery water gathered and created a small puddle. If excluding this one too, then she would have less than half amount of dolls left. Whatever, repairing her room and testing this out was more important. The girl watched as the puddle finished changing colors. Now it looked exactly like the floor it was on.

This could work.

Cordelia set her sleeping position, then she sent the puddle out of her room beneath the door. When the water was right exactly in front of her door, the girl closed her eyes. The next second, her visual and auditory inputs were no longer depending on the girl's body lying on the bed, but they came from the puddle of water that was in front of the room.

Scrying, a term she heard from a demon she had killed. Literally, it meant "perceive through other beings' senses" but in her case, it was originally a part of her body so she wasn't sure whether it applied. Regardless, it was something she had been able to do long time ago, but she never considered remotely controlling a single mass of water while leaving her actual body vulnerable to be useful, until today.

In the corridor, she saw Soma walked toward her and... walked past the floor-colored puddle as he headed toward Joseph's room. As she thought, it was hard to notice if one wasn't prepared or learned in advance. Using this, she could investigate about...

Hmm, Soma entered Joseph's room? Perhaps he was about to inform the old demon about last night's incident? The puddle silently slid itself under the door after it was closed.

Listening to their conversation until the end, Cordelia moved herself... a puddle that was temporarily herself out of the room. She still didn't know much about the Hell, but she could tell that this Cerevantes guy wasn't easy to deal with. Having heard the physical descriptions from Soma, she made sure to remember it before looking back at what she had suspected from the start; the festival

* * *​

Jacques was doing his chores when a puddle entered the kitchen.

So she really missed the dinner huh?. Now let see if this would work...

The puddle rose from the ground before forming a floating ball of water. From that ball...

"Hey there Jacques."

So she could actually transmit voice. Well, that's her body so why not.

"I'm starving to death, please bring all sweets you have to my room right now."

Her voice had no trace of anger or sadness left, it was her usual playful, enthusiastic tone. Though it suddenly became serious.

"Also, I want to ask you something about the festival. Do you happen to know who brought the invitation to Joseph? If possible I also want to know how they look like or what they have said."

The next day, Cordelia returned to normal... no, as soon as the group entered the festival she became a ball of energy that was more energetic than usual. Her current attire was a pink dress with a long frilly skirt. For some reason, its bright pink color was so easy to distinguish even in the crowd of people. Looking at the group of hunters, she still hadn't explained herself about what happened yesterday, though with the girl being super excited right now no one should be worried. Hearing Isaac's word and seeing Jian participated in a game of... well, something the short girl did on a daily basis, she stormed out of the nearby food stand and joined the group.

"Wow, I've never thrown a knife before, also the prizes look lovely. I'm doing this!!"

She didn't lie though. Not a single knife had been thrown from her hand. Usually it would fly straight to her opponent from somewhere nearby.

Having obtained the knives, Cordelia put all of them in her pocket before grabbing a single one up. The knife, which was strangely glittering, was resting in that small hand in a complete newbie gripping style. The short girl looked at the man who clearly underestimated her before proceeding with her game

"Mister~ I want all those cute dolls. Do you want to bet on something? If I can use this single knife to..."

Well, this store was about to be closed due to lack of prizes.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Jacques: Butler of the Vale (Last night)

He was finishing up his chores, just as an orb of translucent water formed behind him, he turned to it and smiled upon hearing Cordelia's voice. "As you wish, Master Cordelia." He slipped his hand through a cabinet, pulling it out. Within the cabinet was always desserts of all kinds, candy, snacks, anything a child would probably indulge upon. Taking a silver tray with him, he picked up as many sweets as possible and placed them all on the tray. His gaze returned to the orb of water as it asked Jacques about the messenger that came with the invitation. "Considering we do not get invitations, and usually receive everything by my hands whenever I go out. It is uncommon for me to say that anything was unusual about the young man, he certainly had the look of a messenger boy. Though was rather confused upon arrival, my assumption is he had never known this place existed until today. I do not find that a problem, considering we are indeed far enough away for people to not take interest in. Vincent Bernhard sent the invitation, considering Joseph and him are very buddy-buddy since Joseph settled in Bordova, I would not put it past the man to invite the family for a festival. Apparently it was in response to Soma's injuries he received. If you did not know, Lord Bernhard is actually the one who helped bring the foundation of Cerberus Vale to fruition, a vote was cast among the 5 Families and Bernhard was able to gain 4 of the votes, Annalise Gilga, being the one who voted against, to allow Cerberus Vale to work within the borders of Bordova." Jacques began to move, and would soon enough deliver the treats to Cordelia.

~
Silver Moon Festival!
Vincent Bernhard: The man's long hands gripped the lacquered wooden chair tight, as he stood up with a huff. Joseph had arrived, taking no time to enjoy the festivities, Joseph was usually a man who only came for business when business was the objective. Exchanging smiles, and friendly greetings to one another, he showed a seat to Joseph, who sat down slow, for his old age he certainly looked and acted the part despite being a Demon. Vincent returned to his seat, beginning the council. "Lord Joseph, it has been much too long since you've come! I'm glad you brought your family with you as well. It is always good to get out and enjoy yourselves, I wish you all were able to do it more often." His voice was silky, and warm. As if you could drown in it, and be totally at peace. His light purple eyes would be able to hypnotise any who stared into them for too long. "Where is Soma? I do hope he as well arrived... My youngest sister is in need of a husband, Joseph!" He lightly giggled, sliding his hands together in his lap.

Annalise Gilga: Her eyes stayed as cold daggers upon Joseph, the old mutt was nothing but trouble in her eyes. A Demon who mocked royalty, to her all demons were the same. Monsters that don't deserve to be among the humans. Hell was their home, and so they must stay there. She didn't believe in the spiritual acceptance of humanity in Monsters that Joseph spoke of, such foolish dribble from a demon only trying to gain his next big helping of human slaughter. The army that Bordova has trained for years in combat, would be enough to take on these beasts. Why rely on these...Abominations to help them? "You would rather your sister marry a Devil, than a good young man Bernhard?" She said with disgust, her son who was only 12 at the time, but was the most precious thing in her life. She raised him up by herself, his father...A man with no loyalty or love in him. While Anna suffered day in and day out during pregnancy, the man of her dreams ran off, unable to take the continuous care for the young woman of 21 at the time.

Bernhard's Great Great Grandfather was a navigator, and had found an unusual spot where weather shifted heavily around a 100,000 mile radius. Storms and deathly waves, as well as a sick feeling to the whole body akin to death would always be met with anyone who came too close to the area. Only after acquiring a Mage, were they able to break through this unusual phenomena, and find a large hidden continent, full of rich resources, large open sea, and a beautiful sky shining above. It was as if they were all transported to a different world, a different realm, hidden within a monstrosity. Alex Bernhard, Lyla Gilga, Michael Zobel, Sophia Nordrum, and Allen Cedris all went to find this land, built the now known continent of Bordova, and thrived here for the last 499 years. Unknowing that the closing of the Hell Gate was what created this unusual land..

Richter Zobel: The young man said nothing to Joseph, deciding to day-dream out the palanquin window.. In a shrunken state so as to not bring attention to himself. He was only here for the political reasons, and he gripped and rubbed the wooden chair he sat in profusely.

Crispin Nordrum: The muscular man bellowed out a greeting to Joseph, but would soon enough return to drinking and enjoying himself. He actually left the palanquin to party, he wasn't always interested in the politics, preferring his farming to it but he did it only as a necessary evil. Either way he wasn't needed for the council anyway, which was great for him.

Maria Cedris: The young fair skinned woman greeted Joseph, a well-respected man in her eyes. She wanted to ask him so many questions about the supernatural but all that would wait. She was fidgety, wanting to tinker with something but she knew that the council was more important. Crispin left, typical for his behavior. But she didn't mind it so much, he was a good man just wanting to have fun. She sat in her seat smiling out the window to the people down below, waving sometimes to some of them even.

Joseph Vale: He laughed at Vincent's question and ignored Annalise's quip, shaking his head. "I do not know if Soma is ready for husband material yet, Lord Bernhard. But I had him stay home today, he needs to heal. Even more-so, I wanted him to train the new recruits, Irvi Tills, and Riko Miracus."

Vincent Bernhard's eyes lit up a bit, as if afraid, or perhaps shocked. He leaned his body back against his chair. Biting his lip lightly. "Oh...I would have thought he would come here...That is...Unfortunate." Vincent said, inhaling and exhaling. He decided to get to the point. "Joseph...You are aware that you hold a criminal among Bordova within your estate..He is a citizen of Bordova, thus he must be judged accordingly among Bordova's system. His crimes cannot go unpunished, Joseph." Vincent said.

Joseph eyes narrowed lightly, not in anger of an old friend, but in seriousness. "I cannot, he is no longer a criminal within my home. He is a recruit made to be a Hunter of Cerberus Vale, the past is wiped away upon initiation of the Family."

Vincent shot back, his hands clenched together "A criminal is a criminal, no more no less. You cannot wipe the past away by traditions. You may not look at him as a criminal..But WE. The people of Bordova, and the 5 Families see him as a criminal. There cannot be an exception, especially in the case of Riko Miracus."

Joseph pulled his cape over his shoulder, sighing. "I am sorry Vincent, but I cannot stand aside while you take a boy to trial. Your idea of punishment will be death for him."

Vincent smiled softly, almost tauntingly "That is his price to pay for his actions, Bordova cannot always be prim and proper. You can't bandage a child that has been brutally beaten by the other one, and then kiss the bloodied knuckles of the child that attacked the other, and tell them "It's okay, you did nothing wrong". The child that attacks will never learn, so long as it goes unpunished. Actions have consequences, Joseph."

Joseph decided this was enough.. Standing up tall he shook his head. "I will not stand aside, Riko is one of us. If we must fight your laws, then we will. Despite us being outsiders, we will find a way, Vincent. I will take my leave, and enjoy the festivities now..." And so, Joseph left the palanquin, he was for the most part. Afraid for Riko.

Vincent stood up, sliding over to the main window, his hands resting on the railing. Whispering softly towards one of his ears. "Call off the attack on the mansion...I did not expect Joseph to leave Soma there...Call off the attack, I repeat..Call it off. Soma is within that mansion and I do not want men injured...I would have preferred Joseph to bring all of them here, so that it would be easier to snatch young Miracus within the crowds but he isn't that stupid.. Oh no...Not that stupid at all." Vincent chuckled softly, shaking his head as he stared out at the people..

~

Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil

Cerevantes was not into the festival, he was annoyed with the countless humans bumping into him. So he decided to stay within the shadows, unseen by those that passed by. He was aware that Cerberus Vale Hunters were within the crowds, thus he took precaution on taking his next steps wherever he may go. Clenching his katana tightly within his hands.

Soma and Jacques

Soma was pumped to say the least, overly excited, when Irvi came, and her squeak of a greeting met his ears he stuck his hands into the air. "Heyyo! Ready to get started on training Irvi? I know you've got this. I can't wait to see what you can do!" As Riko arrived during his talk with Irvi, Soma smiled down at Riko. Leaving his hand out for a fist bump for both of them. "Alright! Let's get to training. Today I'm not basing you guys off of physical ability, not just yet. Today I'm looking into where your specialties may lie, such as skills you guys could be proficient in or something you can quickly grasp. Riko, I've seen your holster since the first time I met you, so I bet you must have some skill in shooting guns right? I can't wait to see what you can do! As for you, Irvi. I heard from Jacques earlier that you are able to manipulate fire! He said that it'll take time for you to understand and control it, and that's what we'll be starting on when it hits juuust about night time. Right now I want to know.." He twirled the wooden sword, grasping it at the end of the long thin end where the blade would be. Holding it out to Irvi, where she could grasp the handle. "If you can learn something that doesn't involve magic per-say...Such as swordsmanship?" His eyes scanned Irvi, he was indeed dim-witted and not very good at picking out obvious stuff...But Soma was a master at using observation through battle. "You have strong legs, and your arms aren't half bad either. You look like you could wield a sword well, and the speed would compliment you greatly with your legs. I only want to know if you want to try it out."

Unbeknowest to those at home... There was a special force of military on their way to the mansion, whom had not yet received the information to retreat by Vincent Bernhard's orders...

Severia Severia
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
animegirl20 animegirl20
(Edit: Lore was not correctly added in, as well as had to delete some stuff that wouldn't make sense for the timeline)​

Last edited:
Mummy man was a little less scary today.

He seemed excited to see her, which made Irvi smile as he greeted her. She didn't feel overly confident in herself, but mummy man seemed to have high hopes for her... Irvi hoped his optimism was set in the right place as she gave him a quick little fist bump. "Aah, y- hi Riko!" She'd barely heard him come up next to her- his quietness was definitely something she'd have to get used to. He was as silent as ever- she'd been a little worried about him last night when she didn't see him, but he seemed okay...? Irvi gave him a warm smile before turning back to listen to Soma.

She glanced down at Riko's holster, something she hadn't really taken notice of until now. She'd never really seen a gun up close before, except for hunting rifles and things of that sort. Nothing really supposed to be used against other people. Irvi fidgeted with the little bracelet Cordelia had given her as mummy man started talking about her, saying Jacques had told him she could manipulate fire. Her face lit up at that idea, and was suddenly starting to look forward to later tonight... although she was a little confused as to how he figured it out. Then again, the other night when they were talking magic came up so... maybe he figured it out then?

When it was offered, Irvi hesitantly took the wooden sword, surprised a little by the weight of it. She laughed a bit as she tried to figure out the right way to hold it, eventually settling into a comfortable position she hoped was correct. Her hands were a little shaky, but the fake sword was surprisingly nice to hold. "Is... is this right?" Irvi asked, eager to get something correct.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian had chosen the big stuffed sloth she might of bee thinking about giving it to a certain someone. "Can you old to that? I don't want to carry it around." That man nodded and she then step to watch Cordelia who had see to take a interest in the game. Safe to say all his prizes were about to be gone. She then noticed Joseph had kept on going with out them. He seem to be heading to where the five families were. "I wonder if I should day hello?" She seem to be pretty ok with the families thought she wasn't sure how Miss Gilga felt about her. Jian wasn't demon so she wondered if she hated her less. She followed Joseph though she wasn't aware if he knew since she was actually kind of far back from him. When she headed up the stairs Joseph had already made up there. Before she took the corner to let her face be shown she noticed they were all talking. Maybe I should come back later. She thought to herself. Joseph might want to speak with them alone. As she was turning around and getting ready to head back down she stopped when she heard Vincent say something that made her eyebrow twitch.

"Where is Soma? I do hope he as well arrived... My youngest sister is in need of a husband, Joseph!"

Jian sighed she wasn't going to react. Not like she cared. She started heading down the stairs. Oh who was she kidding she did care at least a little but she wasn't going to react. She was going to move on. She wasn't going to let her temper get the better of her. She was a new Jian. All of that ugly weight she had had been lifted off her shoulders. She didn't care about that demon anymore and to her ever growing embarrassment Soma had read the letter. So it was ok...it was all good...Jian didn't lose her temper any more. She found herself back at the booth staring at the knifes. "Mine if borrow that?" Jian said smiling. The man shrugged and handed it to her. She then walked back towards the five familes was. She didn't walk all the way towards it. She saw that Vincent was now standing at a window. She smirked and stared at the target and then threw it. It went right past his head. Basically she almost had perfect hit though she missed on purpose. She had no idea where it landed but that didn't matter she had succeeded what she came to do. "Whoops! Sorry about that!" Jian yelled towards them giving him a apologetic smile. "Bad aim! Next time I'll make sure to hit my target." She said giving him a serious look. She then turned around and headed back to the booth. Right she was a new Jian who didn't let her temper get the best of her. She was a new person lighter on her feet. She would no more make anyone fear her she would be nice gentle and kind and she would never act on her crazy violet temper again.
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia

Attachments

640.5 KB · Views: 3

rpnbanner1.jpg

Things were getting out of hand. At first, when Jian and Cordelia stepped up to the challenge, it was entirely enjoyable. Watching the face of the booth owner as he lost a handful of prizes was worth the trip. Sometimes having powerful peers had its perks. Other times-

He glared openly at Cordelia, not forgiving her for attacking him earlier. Icana’s shackles raised as soon as they left for the festival together, and hadn’t settled down since. He was lucky he didn’t have a black eye from yesterday, and more so, he was probably lucky to be alive. Isaac would have participated in the throwing contest, but he wasn’t as confident in his abilities as the rest. Sure, he could’ve completed a decent throw, but if too many of them kept winning, the shopkeep might grow suspicious. Plus, he was having too much fun watching everything play out. He grabbed a small drink and spectated, oohing with each thump of the knife as it hit the target.

The sentiment was wasted when Jian climbed the stairs and chucked a knife at a man’s head. And not just any man- one of the people they were sent to meet with. He sucked in air, cringing visibly. Meeting Jian halfway back to the booth, he confronted her quietly, trying not to make more of a scene. “Jian,” he shuddered. “Maybe that wasn’t the best idea?” Isaac had grown up with a fear and respect for the figures who ran Bordova, certainly an attempt at one of their lives wouldn't be taken lightly? Even if it wasn’t a serious attempt.

“If you’re that worried about Soma, just marry him yourself,” Incana added deviously, teeth gashing.

Eyeing the rest of the figures lounging atop the stairs, he noted one familiar face. He’d seen him in paintings.“That’s Ritcher, he’s the head of the family that runs Jigrim,” he noted half to himself, and half to Jian. “I bet that he knows my family,” he added wistfully. To work past the initial guilt of leaving them behind, he’d been reminding himself that everyone moves on from their family at some point. His circumstances might’ve been different, but the result was the same. Sure, he had to deal with the beast in his brain, but at least they were safe, as far as he knew. Maybe one day, if he learned to control Incana, he could see them again.

Speaking of which, unlike Isaac the beast had an issue with authority, so the snooty air of the families set him off. Before he started throwing knives of his own, he joined Jian for the rest of the walk back to the booth. The owner was not happy to see them return.

“I’m capping you off,” the man huffed, clearly unhappy with their success. “Two prizes per family, that’s the rule!” He added loudly, pacing the front entrance. If there was such a rule, it wasn’t posted anywhere, and Isaac exclaimed in protest.

“We’re not a family!”

Immediately, it felt wrong to say that, after all, weren’t they a strange, mismatched type of family? “I mean, not strictly-” Incana, still angry at Cordelia, refused to take back the statement, inflicting Isaac with a sharp pain to the temple.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Severia Severia animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cordelia Zale
A Social Girl

Cordelia noticed Isaac's glare, though she wasn't even looking back. The girl decided to ignore him for the time being. In addition to how she believed that the guy was also at fault, there's something more important she had to do during this festival.

As Joseph entered the palanquin and was greeted by Vincent Bernhard, Cordelia narrowed her eyes from afar. What she heard from Jacques last night was still resounding in her head. "Apparently it was in response to Soma's injuries he received." The silver-haired demon was found unconscious at the mansion, and from what she eavesdropped he fell in the river without any chance to ask for help or contact Vincent himself, so how came his envoy learned about the injuries just about the same night?

Stepping up on the palanquin, the girl didn't interrupt Vincent who seemed to be in a middle of heated conversation with Joseph, though she didn't overlook what they were talking about. The girl then walked toward another figure.

"Hi Maria, how's that project going? The next time I visit your city you can ask for my help! Also here's a little gift."

Floating behind her back were 4 stuffed animals she shamelessly extorted... ahem, proudly won from the store. Their surface were gleaming as if covered by a layer of wax, yet their texture was still that of a stuffed doll.

One of the animals landed on the young woman's lap. Judging from how she looked at Joseph, the woman seemed like she want to have a conversation about the hunters. Well after she finished dealing with others she would spend sometime with the head of Cedris. After all, that woman was an optimistic type who was fun to have a girlish chat with. She then turned to the stairs.

"Hey Cris! going to have fun aren't you? Take this gift first and go that way. The large store over there has what you like!"

Shouting and pointing to a certain direction, she fired another doll toward him. That man couldn't care less about supernatural aspects, which was why the mischievous demon tended to shove anything supernatural into his face. Though years ago they once openly discussed about what they valued and seemed to get along after that. Of course the number of incidents where he was drenched also increased, but that wasn't a prank the girl would play in front of other heads.

"Richie!! Aren't you getting even smaller than the last time!? Come on, getting attention won't kill you!!"

Even the young man who avoid interactions couldn't dodge this ball of energy. Knowing too well about his personality, Cordelia approached the man and directly tackled his problem. She then noticed Isaac's sight. If she remembered correctly, that guy was from Jigram, so it's natural for him to be interested in this man.

"Here's a gift. Want a 12 years old girl to teach you how to politically react to this?"

While she kept teasing this man and publicly using that nickname whenever they met, they both know about their matching righteousness so she wasn't expecting him to make any big deal out of that, But really, all the heads so far were lovely and enjoyable, if only it would stay true for the next one...

"Hello ma'am. Come on, don't give me that look, while I'm also a demon I'm just a girl you know."

There was only one person in the world that Cordelia who boasted a harmless childish appearance and skills of getting close to others had to use honorifics even though they had met several times already. Floating into the girl's hand was a kangaroo with a brown glittering skin. She manually handed the doll to the head of Gilga.

"Stuffs happened at our place, so I don't really have much time to prepare something better than this, but this is my gift to you!"

This was an actual reason she got her hand on those dolls, specifically this one doll. Kangaroo was an animal known for their strong family dynamic and matriarchal society. A mother kangaroo would give her everything to raise their offspring, just like how Annalisa raised her son. Cordelia always kept herself updated, so it's not that strange for her to learn about this from sources in Sanctum. Now if only that woman realized the meaning behind her gift... She kept looking at that sky blue eyes, waiting for reaction.

Around this time everyone from the Cerberus Vale followed Joseph down and continued enjoying the festival, leaving Cordelia with the heads of the families. Well she was about to stay there chatting with Maria from the start, but she hadn't planned this. Staying alone with their hater while the girl kept using the maximum level of her interpersonal skills might actually yield some fruition.

Silver Moon Festival!
Vincent Bernhard was uninterested in the others who decided to come up to join them in the palanquin, Cordelia being one of them. He did though, spot Isaac looking at Richter. Remembering well what the boy had to go through, especially considering his arrival to Cerberus Vale. He smiled to himself softly, looking down at the young man. His thoughts were cut short, by a knife ramming right above his head into the palanquin. He laughed it off, taking it out of the wood with a nice little tug. Staring down at Jian who, in this case was a very bad actress. "No worries! Do enjoy the festivities!" He spoke out to Jian, letting the knife fall from the palanquin. He would turn to see Cordelia giving everyone a stuffed animal, feeling left out.
Maria Cedris: A good friend decided to arrive just in time, what Joseph and Vincent were arguing about really stressed her out, she was aware of Riko Miracus..Though she was aware that he was a criminal she also felt it wrong to put him on trial as a child still. When Cordelia spoke to her, she regained focus.

"The project? It's going as well as I can get it going! Still got a little tinkering to do but soon enough I'll make sure each farm has a built-in water system that soaks crops at any time its needed!"

Crispin Nordrum: The muscular man hollered at Cordelia a thank you, grabbing at the stuffed animal and walking off. Time to party it up! His posture said, and he would do just that..

Richter Zobel: The young man who was shrunken before, had shrank even more in his seat as Cordelia made mention of his...Nervousness. Sweating now, he began to stutter in the face of the young demoness. "I..I'm fine with...W-What I'm doing now..D-D-Don't make it noticeable please..." He quickly grasped the stuffed animal. Giving Cordelia a slight nod "T-Thank you, Cordelia...I-I'm fine. No need to..Teach me you know?" He gave a nervous little laugh, rubbing his hair now. He wanted nothing more than to just disappear now...It was easy to make him uncomfortable, but it wasn't Cordelia's fault, she was still a good friend to him.

Annalise Gilga: The woman's face kept a uninterested, emotionless face upon the arrival of the bratty little imp who boasted herself as a little girl. This one, Anna hated the most. Not because she was willing to talk to Annalise, nor give her a gift that in the end she would just throw into a fireplace at the end of the night...No, she hated her because she knew that she was just a little suck-up. A leech whom Anna just couldn't swat away for good. Grabbing the stuffed animal, she crushed its head within her hands, her eyes the coldest they've ever been. Leaning into Cordelia's ear it looked as if she was saying thank you...But in reality, what she whispered in Cordelia's ear was total hatred.

"Do not think your filthy present means anything to me, you ugly little imp. You are no girl among me, never speak those words around me for you are nothing more than a grotesque demon. Stop pretending, your kind is not welcome here, and never will be. Be grateful you are even allowed to look in my direction, creature. The day you come to know death, I will drink to it with the utmost pleasure." She shoved the stuffed kangaroo back into Cordelia's chest.

Vincent took this chance to break their confrontation. Knowing Annalise, she did not like demons as much as Vincent did. Stepping in, he pat Cordelia's shoulder "Do I not get one? How sad...I wanted a stuffed animal too! I would cherish it always, young miss Cordelia! You know it to be true!" Vincent smiled down at the young demon girl. Annalise would probably scold him for trying to break away Anna's chance to slit the imps' throat, but he knew it was in the best interest for tonight to not have a fight go on.

~
Cerevantes: Devil Hidden within the Shadows

Cerevantes was lucky enough to find a shaded spot among the rooftops. He would watch as the 5 Families councelled with Cerberus Vale, he would not initiate battle tonight. Not among so many humans. Tonight he would simply try his best to stay out of the fire, he was only really here to keep watch over his companion, who decided to enjoy the festivites. What a fool, that puppeteer of others was. He did not understand his companions' enjoyment for such odd things. Perhaps that was the human in the man calling out to him. Remembering what he said about stealing souls though, he returned his focus on what that man truly was. A monster, no..Not like that of the supernatural. But of twisted material.

animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
Silver Moon Festival

The past few days had been overwhelmingly entertaining around the mansion of Cerberus Vale. Bickering amongst the housemates, new members, brawls, and now a festival. After, Jian’s little episode the night before, Sayogoromo had avoided his fellow hunters in the hopes of avoiding any more excitement that might cause his illness to flare. Such a thing would enough to keep him from attending the Silver Moon Festival. Every year the festival got better as humans’ imaginations grew and their creativity allowed them to lure in even demons. Although he never attended the festival for the scenery, Sayogoromo always appreciated the beauty of the event.
Upon their arrival to the event, Sayogoromo didn’t hesitate to break away from the group. None of them would do anything that interested him and traveling together was bound to cause a stir and make him sick.

Tonight, Sayogoromo allowed himself to indulge in his past and dressed as he would before he joined the hunters. An extravagant, red floral kimono adorned his body. The sleeves hung off his shoulders and went down just an inch beyond his finger tips. The three hemlines each reached t the same point just above the wooden geta which he wore.the traditional white powder covered his face and even his neck, while dark red lips and eyes added a somewhat seductive vibe to his face. His long black hair was intricately styled and adorned by a silver comb, pins, and a set of silver crescent shaped earrings hung in his ears to tie it all together.

Being around this many humans had been normal for him, half a century ago. Now it was odd to see unfamiliar mortals surrounding him. In order to avoid his so called family, Sayogoromo had to keep an eye on them. While. They played with knives and Joseph spoke with leaders, he pursued the finer items that were for sale. “Mm. Sake.” A dainty hand emerged from his right sleeve and the manicured nails ran down the sides of a bottle. The merchant who ran the stall was shocked by, Sayogoromo’s sudden appearance, but captivated by the unfamiliar beauty before him. “Uh...please, please, take the bottle and enjoy!” The man’s cheerful tone was accompanied by a big grin as he forced a medium sized bottle into, Sayogoromo’s arms. A grateful and charming smile stretched across the demon's face, it was fake of course, but he was happy the beverages was free. As he left the elderly man’s stall, Sayogoromo said, “Humans are so predictable.” He chuckled lightly to himself and started towards a small restaurant which seemed to be empty. It would be the perfect place to enjoy his drink, avoid his comrades, and possibly jump back into his old career, just for the night
.A2B3320E-7B8A-4D16-970C-A98AF36DFBC5.jpeg (Sayogoromo’s hairstyle for the night.)
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb animegirl20 animegirl20 Severia Severia Svisttt Svisttt Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Riko Miracus

Riko hopped he didn't arrive late to the scene. He got real worried when he startled Irvi. It wasn't his intention to do so. He said sorry but for some reason he did not speak. He thought he said it but nothing came out of ths kid's mouth. Soma offered a fist bump gesture for both of them. Dur to Riko's lack of social understanding. He thought it was some kind of closed fist handshake. Riko simply shaked Soma's clenched fist. An awkward shake too.

Riko didn't pay much attention to Irvi as Soma is currently orienting them about training. Something that Riko did not expect so soon. Riko listened closely anyway. Riko tried his hardest not to space out. Luckily, he did it! The first day of training is here! Riko's attention was caught during in the middle of Soma's conversation. "Hmm? This? I haven't used it since forever." Riko stared down at his empty gun, holstered on his hip. He drew out his gun carefully out of his holster and held it down. He sees no point of using since there is no loaded round in it.

Eyes locked to irvi in surprise. Riko was real surprised that Irvi was more than meets the eye. Joseph may have oriented her about it as he overheard but Riko isn't the type of person who would believe in the supernatural so easily. He thought it was some kind of term he doesn't know or how to do that others can.

Riko didn't bother to speak up for himself. Irvi has potential that he doesn't see. A power that he has never imagine would exist. Which drives Riko curious about her. Riko decided to be an adience for a little while since Soma is starting out for Irvi, first. Irvi was still a beginner judging on how she holds her weapon. Riko was trying his hardest not to smile while Irvi attempts to keep the weapon still. To his surprise he did well. No grin came out of his face. Riko continued to watch.

Svisttt Svisttt

Cordelia Zale
A Politician Girl
Cordelia sighed. That wasn’t out of expectation. In fact, it was her own fault to expect other outcome from Annalise Gilga. The girl turned to Vincent who stepped in. This man was, as always, warm and friendly. However, since the moment they first met, the girl felt like something was wrong with him. She couldn’t explain what or why though, but that compulsion was strong enough to make her avoid missions in Inner city, or do it as fast as she could so that she didn’t have to meet him. Despite that, they still occasionally met, and since this was Cordelia Zale...

Eh, don’t tell me that even the most powerful man in Bordava can also Get-Jea-Lous over a doll? Oh well, since someone just won’t accept a gift from an ugly little imp like me, here you are.

Pouting toward the head of Gilga, Cordelia walked behind Vincent, using him as a shield before handing him the doll. Her devious and joyful voice expressed nothing out of place. After all, he was still a nice guy and it was only the girl herself who thought of something strange, so she had never bothered him with it. Although she did keep some distance and had never being close to him like she did with all the other heads aside from Annalise

The pink-haired demon initially wanted to chat with Maria, but openly receiving such hostility from the second most powerful person in the palanquin and perhaps in this continent, she didn’t think it’d be a good idea to stay there any longer. The girl walked to the stair and stopped in her track. Thinking about what Joseph and Vincent were arguing earlier, she turned back to the presenting 4 heads

Even though I myself occasionally sneaked in this festival during the past few years—“ she started out nowhere while giving them a mischievous grin. At the same time she could tell that Annalise was going to tighten the festival’s security next year. “but for most of them it was their first time, so thanks a lot for having us. I hope that you’ll be inviting us... all members of our family next year too.

Cordelia made an elegant bow. The word “all members of our family” was emphasized. While someone like Richter or Maria might saw it as heart-warming words of gratitude, for those experienced in politics and eyes reading, it was a clear declaration, perhaps as firm as Joseph, about her side and decision regarding Riko Miracus. The next second, all the invisible tension was reduced to nothing more than an imagination as the girl’s posture was exactly that of Crispin a few minutes ago. The only difference was

Time to party it up!!

She exclaimed enthusiastically before becoming a miniature storm and vanishing in an instant.

Silver Moon Festival!
Vincent received the Kangaroo stuffed animal, pleased with it he squeezed it in his arms happily. Much like a child acquiring a toy. "Oh yes, even a man like me can get jealous my dear Cordelia! Do enjoy yourself my dear!" He said, as Cordelia left. Vincent sat down in his chair, looking over at Annalise. "It is a nice toy, you know. Shoulda taken it!" Annalise, gave him the cold shoulder. Turning her attention elsewhere. Maria and Richter did their own things, invested in different affairs for now. Vincent decided to enjoy the liveliness of his people. Grinning..The comment made from Cordelia, which Vincent could tell was about Riko, proved to be an interesting one to him. Just how did they expect to keep the little boy safe? Even if now, he had to force his men to retreat...

~

Cerevantes: Devil hidden in the shadows

Continuing to watch from the rooftops. He managed to spot the last of the Vale Hunters leaving the Palanquin, the child-like demon his comrade spoke of from earlier. He watched as the child left, wondering to himself how the child could control her emotions after the explosive nature she showcased yesterday. Though he did not feel or understand what she could be going through deep inside, he felt a slight shift in the air. Peering down below, he locked his eyes on the more reclusive members of the Vale Hunters. Sayogoromo, he had heard of this one from his comrade, he was relatively close-by. Perhaps too close for comfort in the shade. He gripped his katana tightly in his hand. He wasn't afraid of being caught, nor planning an attack. He only waited for the demon to pass, or spot him.

Soma: White Haired Devil

Soma peered at the revolver Riko took out, smiling "Well, we'll get you some ammo and see what you can do in just a bit then! I'll be excited to see just what you can pull off. Maybe I'll be able to hand off my revolver to you after today!" Soma said, grinning happily. Returning his attention he watched as Irvi was a little foreign to the idea of holding a weapon. He looked at her arms, carefully examining them. "If you are right hand dominant, you should put your right hand at the top of the handle. Right here." He indicated where her right hand should be, sliding her hand up juust a little bit more, so that her clenched fist could feel the guard of the sword pressing against her. "Your left hand should be at the very bottom of the sword" He helped slide her hand down towards the bottom. Setting her hand positions perfectly. "There we go! Perfect. It would be reversed if you are left hand dominant. Other than that, you have a nice, tight grip on the sword. Don't lose your control and comfort in the handling of the sword. You must be firm, and confident in your strikes. What I will be teaching you Irvi, is Kendo. Particularly, three basic stances from Kendo training;
  • Gedan-No-Kamae: A low stance style that favors speed, defense, deflection of blows, and creation of strike opportunities.
  • Chudan-No-Kamae: A middle stance style that favors balance between both offense and defense. It is known as the most basic of the postures.
  • Jodan-No-Kamae: A high stance style that favors aggressive striking, being the more offensive heavy, it sacrifices defense for attack power, speed, and reach.
"Once I finish training you in Kendo, I will move you onto Iaijutsu, which is utulized with quickdraw techniques from the sword and scabbard. I won't go into detail with that until much later through your training with me. Tonight, I'll have you learn Gedan-No-Kamae, its advantages during battle, its disadvantages, and how to use it to the best of your abilities during situational fighting. After that I'll begin your training in Fire magic, alongside Jacques."

Soma turned to Riko, smiling. "Alright, you two follow me first, we're going to meet a good friend of mine from down below, He'll supply you with some ammo, Riko and then we'll get started with what you can do for the day." Soma felt something odd about Riko, something he couldn't particularly place. It was as if Riko himself had special abilities as well, but they felt...Distant to the child, as if they were there but blocked, or hidden. Soma would want to help Riko unlock this, but he isn't the best at teaching Chi, or Ki control like Joseph was...

animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Svisttt Svisttt

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png“Jian,” he shuddered. “Maybe that wasn’t the best idea?”

Jian stopped and glanced over at him. "Guess my anger hasn't got any better." Jain said with the a sigh. "I couldn't help it though that idiot pisses me off. Anyways he'll get over it."

“If you’re that worried about Soma, just marry him yourself,”

Jian face went red. "I don't want marry him!" Jian said annoyed. She turned ahead away looking at the food stalls. She was starting to fill hungry but her attention went back to Isaac when spoke up.

“That’s Ritcher, he’s the head of the family that runs Jigrim,” he noted half to himself, and half to Jian. “I bet that he knows my family,”

"Your family?" Jian honestly didn't know much about Isaac's past. Mostly cause she never asked. "I don't think I've ever heard you talk about your family. What are your parents like? Got any siblings?" When they reached the stall the man didn't seem very happy guess Cordelia almost cleaned him out. The then shoved the Sloth in her arms saying he wouldn't hold it for her. "Jeez man I didn't take all your prizes." Jian slightly jumped at Isaac sudden out burst.

“We’re not a family!”

The man gave Isaac a confused look. "Sorry about that he's not feeling well we'll just be on out way. She took Isaac's hand and began to walk off pulling him along. "Isaac you alright?" Jian looked around for a place to sit as they walked through the crowds.
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia

Attachments

640.5 KB · Views: 1
Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
Silver Moon Festival

“Thank you.” Sayogoromo bowed his head and the golden items within glistened and shimmered in the dim, warm light. The owner of the establishment had just delivered to him, a bowl of curry and an empty glass for his sake. It wasn’t something that he had requested, but he had offered to pay for the table so that he could drink in comfort. The owners assumed he was of the five ruling families, a spouse or something like that, and insisted he order something from their extensive and multicultural menu. There was no way he’d eat their cooking, but out of respect and appreciation he did as they requested. Humans were weird creatures, they were so hasty to act upon things if they thought it would bring them fortune in the future.

With no intention of correcting them, Sayogoromo pulled his sleeves back a bit and poured himself a glass of sake. For appearances he kept the. Bowl of ramen close to himself, but easily ignored it and the aroma that accompanied it. Instead he sipped from his cup with a blissful smile upon his face as the sake washed over his taste buds. “Perfect.” The demon grinned d from ear to ear as he savored the taste of the drink. It had been decades since he had any good sake and this one reminded him of the good old days. Back before he became a target of humans and demons alike, Sayogoromo used to drink often, especially on days when he worked and had to entertain guests. The excitement that resulted from his nostalgic moment caused his blood to rush, which agitated the fragile balance of his sick body. “Ahem.” He managed to stifle the first cough and hold down the others. There went all of the happy memories, he’d gotten a rude awakening. Frustration boiled in his blood and overwhelmed his attempts to stay calm. His thin fingers curled into tight fists and the bottle’s neck started to crack under the demon’s tight grip.

Sayogoromo rose from his table and turned to look out at the festival and find his fellow hunters. Shock caused him tense up however as he was forced to do a double take. His eyes settled upon a small distortion within the shadows. A demon, in attendance of such a big festival. The unfamiliar being was either stupid or strong. Strong enough to at least combat and survive whatever defenses were arranged from the festival. Sayogoromo stood in the entrance of the restaurant, his kimono twisted around his feet from the way he got up. As he started to cough once again, he thought of Cerberus Vale and what they had achieved. None of those achievements had helped rid him of the illness that plagued him or allowed him to return to the world without fear of being swarmed by his old. enemies. His narrowed upon the unknown figure and the gears turned in his mind. With a deep breath, Sayogoromo capped his sake and adjusted his kimono so that it wasn’t spiraled around his ankles.

He stepped out into the festival and kept his eyes on the demon. They changed however to be more seductive and inviting, like the smile that grew upon his face. He turned away and went with the flow of traffic until he reached an alley. The former Taikomochi glanced back over his shoulder before he stepped into the darkness. While he wanted to speak with the unknown demon, he wasn’t a fool. Sayogoromo drew his knife-shaped fan from his obi and concealed it within his sleeve.
9A261D93-4F26-4EC7-A41D-433D6553E0C3.jpeg93F34D7F-C1B5-4246-9878-8379D0DD6AB3.jpeg (His hair and kimono.)

Cordelia Zale
A Malingering Girl
After leaving the palanquin, Cordelia spotted Joseph without Sayogoromo, Jian or Isaac around. Well that’s convenient. She walked toward him and said in a low and grim voice.

Joseph, I want to check something. Don’t worry if I happen to disappear for a while ok? In the worst case I’ll return to the mansion tomorrow morning, but hopefully I can enjoy the festival with you guys a bit more. Now then...

Without further ado, she left Joseph behind and started doing what she told him... checking on all the new booths that wasn’t there last year. Well, this should be enough. Having thought that after enjoying the festival to her heart content, the girl looked around, searching for what she need.

There, there, and there.

First, she headed to the gorgeous fountain with the palanquin obstructed from her line of sight by a row of booths. While no one was looking, she drenched herself with fountain water, then tampered with its temperature.

Next, she looked around to check that there was no familiar face in her vicinity before walking toward a certain man. This man was one of the top-notched doctor from the Inner city. He was currently eating something with his wife and 2 kids. Sorry to bother you, she soundlessly thought that before walking past the family

And abruptly fell on the ground.

As the doctor immediately approached the lying girl, he found out that her body temperature was unbelievably high and she was sweating a lot. He started fanning her while looking at the dress. There was no button or zip that can be easily loosened, but when he was looking for another way to reduce her temperature, a knife suddenly fell from the girl’s pocket.

Without thinking twice, he cut the pink dress in two pieces before tossing it away. The crowd started to form, but seeing the doctor, they didn’t do anything. That girl was in a good hand. Touching her neck, it was still crazy hot. The man had no other choices.

“Honey, this girl got a serious fever!! I’ll bring her to our place, take care of the children for me.”
“A-alright!”

The lip of the girl who was hastily carried away slightly twitched. This guy was known for his careful but quick-decision, so it was an exact outcome she was looking for.

At the small clinic not so far from the festival, Cordelia in a light pink slip was sleeping peacefully on the bed, or at least that was how it looked like. The doctor came with a wet clothes and began reducing her temperature, but at that time she was no longer receiving sensory inputs from that place.

* * *​

Not so long after their dad carried his patient away, one of the kids pointed at the ground

“Mom, that girl’s dress disappeared.”
“What? Never mind, someone must have taken it and is currently following dad to return it. Now let’s eat that.”
“But it really disappeared...”

Riko Miracus

Riko stood by as he watched Irvi take the sword and did her best to hold it properly. At this point anyone normal guy like him would trigger their sense of humor but his seems to be dead at the moment. Riko had a blank thought towards Irvi. He didn't judge her or anything. He just stared. He has a habit of zoning out. He's physically present but mentally absent. Riko seems to be hollow on his personality but despite that he always stayed good. Riko wanted to change and he'll show it to the rest of Ceberus Vale. Riko tried to compare himself to Irvi. Irvi was special. Born with a natural gift. A gift that she could use, freely. Riko feels nothing like he ain't even special at all. Little did he know he is just as great as Irvi. In fact, he could be more powerful than he imagine himself to be.

Aside from his zoning out attribute. Good thing he was once more brought back to reality as Soma started training Irvi. Although, it wasn't very neccessary for Riko to listen to Soma because the training is only exclusive to Irvi but he listened anyway. Like he has anything better to do, anyway. Riko folded his arms as he listened closely to what Soma has to say. He doesn't know to himself that he can pick up information rather quickly. He just needs constant reminders sometimes. His gun was heavy. He truly has never drawn it since the last incident from his past, until now. It's always holstered for showing threats that he is not afraid. He never knew that he would be shooting the cursed weapon. It has a nice comfy grip but Riko is always disgusted by it's mere appearance. It only has brought him trouble more than good. He had a hard time concealing it a lot. Riko didn't understand half of what Soma just siad but he did caught the functions of each stance. Riko might need this info one day. Riko scratched his head using his empty pistol. For some reason the gun seems to be a bit smaller than it's original model. Like it was a custom sized gun.

Riko's head turned towards Soma when the white haired demon adressed him. He gave a gentle stare to Soma, as if he grew comfortable of him already. Riko stopped scratching his head and held his gun down. Where he can't shoot anybody. It's a habit he must master. Riko had a strange feeling that Soma might be studying him carefully. Which drove him curious. What does he see that he doesn't. Who knows...

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt

rpnbanner1.jpg

Mentally wrestling with Incana, he was grateful when Jian defused the situation. Face burning from the uncomfortable moment, he let Jian drag him through the crowd. “I’m just fine! Ask that shop guy if he’s fine, he’s the one making assumptions.” Icana snapped for him. Once they were away from the loud shopkeep, he plopped down heavily onto a wooden bench lining the walkway. Two small kids cried loudly on the benches next to them, trying, and failing, to eat cones of quickly melting ice cream.

“I do, or at least I did. I haven’t seen them since-” he tapped to side of his head to indicate Incana. “They lived in Jigram, the last time I checked. They ran a school designed to teach the public about the ins and outs of demons. Like the Vale, but not half as impressive, and just full of lower level demons and humans.” He shrugged, staring into the flickering lanterns lining the walkway. He spoke carefully, as to not offset Icana. “It was just me, my parents, and my twin sister. Who knows what they’re up to now. I wouldn’t know where to start, if I saw them again. What could I even say? Sorry I left for almost ten years, just felt like taking an extra long walk? Even being professors of the demon world, I doubt they’d quite grasp what it’s been like.” Laughing bitterly, he considered her own recent experience with possession. “But I guess you can, huh? With what happened last night? What exactly happened? One moment you were in the hallway, throwing things and shit, and the next-”

I’m sorry, where the hell are your parents?” Incana interrupted, leaning over to glare at the kids. The kids stared at him for a moment, wide eyed, before crying twice as loud.

Squinting, for a moment he thought he caught a glimpse of Sayogoromo in the crowd, but he couldn't say for sure. It was hard to recognize him with the getup he'd put on before they left. Isaac found him far more intimidating somehow, when he was dressed elegantly and not just coughing up dust in a corner. He wondered where the rest of his peers had ended up. He hadn't seen Cordelia in a minute... Shrugging it off, he turned back to Jian. “Sorry, uh, yeah. About last night?”

animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Severia Severia

Irvi watched as Soma helped to adjust her hands, and occasionally nodded in acknowledgement as he talked. Gedan-No-Kame, Chudan-No-Kamae, Jodan-No-Kamae. She repeated the three stances to herself, doing her best to commit them to memory. Iaijutsu sounded interesting but intimidating, although that impression wasn't any different from the rest of the stuff mummy man said she'd be learning. She tightened her grip on the wooden weapon like Soma had said and did her best to stop shaking, although it was difficult out of a mix of excitement and the cold she was feeling. But, that wasn't very out of the ordinary for her.

She glanced around awkwardly, feeling a little self-conscious, and noticed Riko just... staring. She wasn't sure if he was silently judging her like the crotchety old cat she saw sometimes back home, or if he was just zoning out. When he didn't react to her quick glance, Irvi assumed it was the latter and relaxed a little. She set the wooden sword down in the grass when Soma said they were going to go meet someone, although... "Uhm-- from down below?"

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Jian listened as Isaac talked about his family. She was surprised to hear a twin sister. She never had sibling....of course her parents never had the chance. She shoved the thought away bringing her attention back to Isaac. "You could tell what happened I'm sure they would understand....when you get the chance I think you should see them again."

“But I guess you can, huh? With what happened last night? What exactly happened? One moment you were in the hallway, throwing things and shit, and the next-”

Right....she wondered how much the others knew about what happened. Lucky for her though that meant Soma didn't go around yapping his mouth. She turned to the kids when she realized that Incana must of suddenly taken over to talk to the kids. Which only made things worse cause the kids started crying louder. Jian stood up and walked over to the kids and bent down. "Hey hey it's alright why you guys crying huh? Is it because of your ice creams?" They both nodded and sniffed. "Tell you what If I buy you two new ice cream cones promise to stop crying and go to your parents. They both shouted yes excitedly. She then stood up got two cones and gave it to the kids and then left happily eating their ice cream. She then sat back down next to Isaac. "Right last night. Well basically the demon that killed my parents basically went into my head and started to get to me and I started to see things that weren't there. Basically monsters and demonic faces....let me tell it was horrifying. Anyway Jacques put me to sleep and Soma went in my head and....help me get the demon out and that's it!" There was more like the fact Soma apparently saw certain memories that were never suppose to be known and now he knew that she actually did like him....at least she did to be honest as she got older she wasn't sure what to feel anymore though she noticed that it kind of never went away. Point was she was not telling Isaac that. "Anyway yeah that's pretty much all that happened. Now I feel a lot better to be honest. Better then I did before the demon came. Actually I feel like I finally let that all go."
ebb ebb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back