• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Joseph: Lord of the Vale

After having talked to Isaac about his ceremony, Joseph returned to his study. All paperwork had been finished, so he could lean back until dinner time.. Though that relaxation did not come, Jian ran in, seemingly concerned about something. Listening to her talk about how Cordelia sent a message, Joseph looked down at the desk, thinking it over. Vincent..What did he do? What would he do? This most certainly better not be because of Riko..If this is his plan of trying to get Riko from us this won't work. Cordelia though..She's not safe it seems. Underground...Locked up. Joseph turned to a large-scale map of the whole continent of Bordova, as well as all islands around it. Joseph wasn't sure about where Cordelia would be held. He was aware of 3 different prisons among Bordova, each having its own system of criminals. He was certainly unaware of the 5 Families capturing monsters for research purposes.. Vincent never told him that part, so he was oblivious to the possibility of an underground facility among them. "I have no idea..Where she would be. She could be anywhere in Bordova, but underground? I cannot figure out where or how she'd be underground...The 5 Families were always big on keeping their secrets. No amount of buddying up with them could tell me everything." Joseph clenched his fist tightly..
(Sorry ebb ebb ! I had to take control of that situation a bit with Isaac hope you can forgive me!)

Clone Soma

Jian had left in a hurry, the clone smirked. His job was done for the most part, dissolving into nothingness, leaving everything up to the other members of the family.. Though if they met the real Soma as of now, at least in his corrupt form..They would be in big trouble. Though the clones thoughts weren't important as he dissolved, he wondered just why his master, Lucifer took an interest in his kin. Did he have a plan that one day he hoped would come to fruition? Perhaps so, but that day would be years down the line..

Corrupt Soma/Soma: Awakened Devil

Soma couldn't take it, to try and stop the demonic force having controlled his body, he tried his best fighting its desire to continue its rampage. He wanted no more human blood spilled on his conscious, he was already damaged enough from what he saw. Pushing for control, Soma continued to try and break past this invisible barrier that kept him from taking control. "THIS IS MY BODY DAMN IT, I'M NOT WAITING UNTIL MORNING...I'M REGAINING MY BODY DAMN IT!!!!" Soma punched, scratched, slammed against this barrier. Trying his best to break free from the shackles of this monster. Whereas the monster had landed on the beaches of Bordova, it growled in annoyance as Soma tried to re-take his own body, kneeling down it began to weaken, slowly but surely.
"Give it...BACK!!" Soma yelled out, taking one last slam against this barrier, shattering it completely...A howl of pain and rage emitted from the monster, until it turned into soft wails of suffering and sorrow... Soma had returned to his normal self. But the Corrupted form of his True self remained. Soma plopped onto the ground, grabbing at the horns portruding from his head and tore them off forcefully, a gushing wave of flames burst from the broken parts, and his metallic-like skin began to chip away, revealing his pale skin underneath...Until finally, Soma had returned to his human form, hair returned to his wild, medium length style. He held Cordelia tightly to himself, as a means for comfort for what he had done. Even if he heard Cordelia speak of Lucifer, and he might want to know what she knew about him..It mattered not, because his suffering was a far greater importance to him than answers to questions.. Not fully regaining his composure, Soma lazily slid up from the sand, sniffling and shivering. Picking up Cordelia alongside him, he began to walk his way back home..Soma had spilt the blood of humans...For that he could not forgive himself..The Festival was over, what was left were the remaining trash from that exciting night.. Fog covered the streets as Soma traversed his way back home with Cordelia..

Jacques: Butler of the Vale

Impressed with Irvi's ability to quickly grasp information, albiet not the full amount but enough to understand what she must do, Jacques smiled. He hasn't seen someone so attuned to their magic in a long time. It made Jacques actually feel nostalgic with when he was a young man himself. He remembered his training, and the woman he was entrusted to. His family had all but wiped itself out during warfare, and so Jacques was enforced to live with a woman of peculiar taste, and interest in things. A Queen in her own right, and a powerful one to boot. She taught him all she knew with magic, except for her Sacred Arts. Forbidden Magic she would only use by herself. This woman owned a large forest, that housed multiple witches of all kinds. Within that forest, her castle lay inside the deepest and oldest tree in the area. She took an interest in Jacques, a flirtatious interest when he became an adult. Striking a deal with him, she would teach him the most powerful spells she had, excluding the Sacred Arts. So as long as she could have his soul...He agreed, and thus his life among the Witches had ended. Completing his training, he sought out Joseph to become his servant, acquiring the family he now knows and loves, he would die to protect them. That is if he could...Jacques' soul has been kept by the Black Witch, his master, for over 100 years, and he still feels as young as 20 years old. Although the wrinkles he has acquired through his old age has settled in still.
Flashing back to reality, Jacques clapped for Irvi. "Bravo, Master Irvi. Remarkable you could learn this so easily. I would like you to raise the fire even higher, and make it go even lower. Continue this for a few minutes, then dinner will be ready. I hope you both have worked up an appetite, it will be a big dinner!" He chuckled. Leaving the two to themselves. When Irvi mastered the control of form, she would then move onto shaping and using the flame. Her final step of learning the basics of fire magic, was to create her own fire. Jacques decided to go to Sayogoromo, checking up on him. Remembering initially, that he returned in bad health. Walking into the room after presenting himself, he looked at Sayogoromo on his bed, giving a pleasant smile. "Dinner will be ready soon, I will come to get you when its time."
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20

Sayogoromo Seikatsu
As nice as a night out sounded, going out with, Jian and Soma didn’t sound as interesting. On top of that, he had been given a lot to think about and still wasn’t feeling back to full strength yet. With a heavy sigh he leaned on to the wooden surface of his table and looked into the large mirror. His thin fingers ran over the bags under his eyes and the dragged down to his lips. They were rather dry at the moment, but their imperfection paled in comparison to his overall, tired appearance. “Hah. Make up your mind, Sayogoromo.” He mumbled to himself as he lit the small bowl of crushed herbs. The flames devoured the plants and quickly produced a thick smoke that stretched up to the ceiling. “Which is more important?” His eyes shifted back to the mirror, envisioning the makeup he’d wear for the rest of the day to hide his fatigue. With a bit of reluctance, the demon picked up his powder and put on a strong face.

When the door was breached but the butler, Sayogoromo smirked and looked at the older man’s reflection in his mirror. A thick fog of smoke swirled around the room, stemming from the bowl of herbs that sat beside the sick demon. His paintbrush divided his lips vertically as a red line was drawn down the center of his smile. The white powder on his face and the dark red eyeshadow concealed his pain well. The smile he forced to his face was an added bonus. “Thank you, Jacquees. I will be right here.” Sayogoromo leaned back in his seat and let his arms fall into his lap.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Even Joseph didn't know...…"Soma what do you-" She turned around to look at him but realized he wasn't there. "Soma?" She walked out of Joseph Office and back to Soma's room who was no where to be found. "Soma?....He didn't leave already did he??" She walked down the stairs and headed to the front the door. When she made it to the door she opened and called out his name. "Soma?!" She looked around until finally her eye spotted him and he was holding Cordelia. "Soma!" Jian and walked to them. Once she made it to them she looked at Cordelia in shock. "Soma you got her already. How did you even know where she was?." She looked up at him and well something seemed off. "Soma are you alright?"
Severia Severia

Soma: A Broken Devil

Holding Cordelia in his arms, Soma was covered in abundant sweat from the mental battle he had to re-acquire his body. When Jian came around, he could barely hear her talking to him. Or even her asking him if he was alright. He stood there for a good minute, his wet hair covering his face, that was streaked with tears. When he came to, he saw Jian, looking at himself, he looked like a mess. Nothing but torn jeans were on his body. When he returned his gaze to Jian, he smiled softly. "Ah..Yes..I'm fine..I'm a little cold though..Sweat doesn't really help that." He said, finally pulling Cordelia out of her confined outfit, he hoisted her back up into his arms, her head resting against his chest. "Let's put Cordelia into her room...Then we can..Uh..Continue with what you wanted to talk about before you left for the festival?" He said, lightly remembering it from before. He spared no time, walking inside and quickly going to Cordelia's room. Once he did, he slipped Cordelia into her bed, tucking her in.
Looking down at his hands in dissapointment.. He sighed, his arms easing up and letting his hands flop back down towards his waist. Looking at Cordelia, he would have asked her what she knew of Lucifer, if she ever met him before too. And how he could find him as well, so he could beat the ever living hell out of the asshole...But it would be no use, wouldn't it? Lucifer was leagues stronger than anything he had faced before. Probably stronger than even Cerevantes, in conclusion he walked out of the room, and back into his own. Drying himself off and slipping a new shirt and pair of jeans on. Awaiting for Jian to arrive, and to talk about whatever she wanted to before she left this evening.

He nodded at Sayogoromo. Taking his leave, he returned himself to help the clone with cooking. It was 9 as of right now, and dinner would be served within 30 to 40 minutes from now. A late dinner, but nonetheless a dinner. Remeniscing about his years with the Black Witch as his teacher, he smiled to himself. She was powerful but she didn't seem to flaunt it around. Nor care about using it to her own advantage. And despite the title she's received, she wore rather colorful dresses that was jaw-dropping. A large wide-brimmed hat, and a long thin pipe she would wield in her right hand, smoking on it gingerly when she wanted to express her fine tastes. Jacques had heard stories, rumors of what her Sacred Arts were like. One of them, was a spell that could cut the life-string of someone in half, or even kill them instantly. The life-string at best, is basically a representation of a person's lifespan. Jacques never wanted to learn the Sacred Arts, found that the secrets behind them too dark, too dreadful for him to bear. How a woman who seemed so cheerful, so playful and kind could wield them without a problem, was beyond him. Looking at his pocket watch once more, he had been reminiscing for about 10 minutes by now. He thought he heard Soma walk in the house, well that was nice. Good to know the Wayfaring Prince had returned to have dinner finally. Jacques was rather pleased now that he was here. Soma wouldn't get out of eating dinner this time around..
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Jian looked at him not really buying his answer he didn't look fine at all he looked a mess and he seemed off. Though the next thing he said caught her a bit off guard.

"Let's put Cordelia into her room...Then we can..Uh..Continue with what you wanted to talk about before you left for the festival?"

What she wanted to talk about? Now? What made him think of that all of sudden? She watched as he walked away trying to figure out if this really was a good time to bring it up or not. She headed back inside and looked in Cordelia's room to see that she was already in bed. She then went to Soma's room who was already cleaned up and dressed. She shut the door behind her and walked up to him still thinking. She crossed arms looking at him as if she was studying him. "Soma.....I did want to talk you about...um that little letter you happen to pick up when you were in my head but...….that can wait....." She uncrossed arms. "What happened Soma?.....What happened when you went to get Cordelia?"

Riko Miracus

His eyes opened wider and his attention became more focused to Irvi's magic. What he is seeing is magic at work and he is very speechless. There is no way Irvi is doing that on her own but then again what does he know. Riko felt impressed and jealous at the same time. He wondered when he will start doing stuff like that on his own too. Riko did his best not to look so awe-struck towards Irvi. He hasn't said anything until Irvi finishes. After a while Irvi was done. He gave her a quick nod for achieving to manipulate her powers. "Good job." He said in his soft spoken voice. Riko folded his arms as he waited for Jacques next instructions. Was Irvi really born like that. Can he do the same too? Who knows...

Svisttt Svisttt Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Soma: White Haired Devil

When Jian arrived, he was expecting to conclude the talk she wanted to have prior, but it seemed she shifted everything to what happened with him.. Everything happened in a flash, and he still blamed himself for it happening. He looked down at his hands, shaking his head and sighing. "Jian..It's not worth talking about. Let's just say, If I had walked in carelessly, I would have died. And I would not have come back. Ever." Soma said. Looking up at Jian now. "The rest...I just can't talk about..It's not right. Not for me nor for anyone else..Understand? Now..No more of that.. Let's talk about your letter." He crossed his arms, leaning against the wall now.

Joseph: Lord of the Vale

Joseph had learned of Cordelia's return through Jacques' clone. Alongside Soma, who seemed unscathed. But as for Cordelia, she had received second degree burns, and was drained to near death it seemed. He made his way to Cordelia's room, sitting down in one of her elaborate chairs beside the sleeping demon girl, lightly patting her head, stroking her hair softly. "How foolish I am to have let you go without someone to back you up..." He sighed, putting his hands up to his mouth, using his aura to help slowly heal Cordelia's injuries and restore her to normal. Joseph cared for those who lived in his mansion, like they were his children. And to Joseph, both Cordelia and Soma were like his own children to him. The son and daughter he never had the time to acquire. Despite not finding a mate, he found people who filled his old heart with glee. And even when faced with opposition, he would be strong for the sake of his own. The people who make him smile the most. Yet, when they are at their lowest point, Joseph will also suffer with them. "Forgive me, dear Cordelia.."

9th Circle of Hell - Cerevantes' Travels

The 9th Circle of Hell, as put by Dante Aligheri of the Divine Comedy, is the lowest point, as well as the final form of Hell. Treachery is its personification and Ice and snow is its landscape, and if one goes further in this dark, cold land. They will be met with the Stairs to the Abyss, which lead to the Throne Room. The 9 Circles in general hold a resemblance to other depictions of Hell, such as the 1st Circle to the 3rd Circle is depicted by the Underworld/Tartarus of Greek mythos. the 4th Circle to the 6th Circle is represented by Yomi-No-Kuni, Japanese mythos of Hell. The 7th to the 9th Circle is an amaglamation of different mythos of the Underworld. Resulting in multiple different forms of Monsters alltogether.
Cerevantes had returned to his home, a place he could only relate to. The graves of his mother and father were unmarked, he spared no time in giving them a proper burial ritual when he killed them a year ago. Everything led up to this point, all of his waiting, all of his planning. He gripped his katana in his hand tightly. Staring down at his parent's graves. "I will bring him to realise what he truly is, and when he is able to accept that he will not fight me.. It is only right that WE take down the 3 Lords..Why can't he see that the humans are nothing but distractions, nothing but annoyances in the way of our goals!" He scowled, crushing the ground below him. "We are Devils..of a Royal Clan. Our destiny, or birthrite is to Hell itself. And yet he plays in the Human World as if he is a hero..While our world crumbles and falls under weak rulers, he is careless and throws himself around for fun..The 3 Lords make a mockery of the power they hold, and yet he has no desire to stop it.. I WILL bring him to his senses..The time for playing games are over, Soma Vale..I hope you are ready for our rematch... I will give you 3 months, and when those 3 months are up..Our rematch begins.." Cerevantes turned away from the graves, he would take his time, living with the Guardian of Lethe, training, and helping her through her daily tasks. Waiting out the 3 months that he would give Soma.

Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

"Bravo, Master Irvi. Remarkable you could learn this so easily. I would like you to raise the fire even higher, and make it go even lower. Continue this for a few minutes, then dinner will be ready. I hope you both have worked up an appetite, it will be a big dinner!"

Irvi deflated a bit at the mention of dinner, her stomach seemingly just now remembering how hungry it was. She sheepishly thanked Riko and Jacques for their praise, a little smile on her face. She was proud of herself- which was something she didn't really feel that often, but it was a welcome feeling nonetheless! The young girl stretched a bit, still in a sitting position as she glanced back down at the candle. She almost didn't believe she'd been able to move the flame. "Is it bad for me to say I dunno if I can do it again?" Irvi asked with an awkward little laugh.

"No harm in trying, I guess!" She propped her head up with her hand, lazily watching the candle wax drip down. She liked the way things looked in the glow of fire- although faces lit by flame would never cease to freak her out a bit. Irvi took in a few deep breaths and tried focusing again, wishing for the flame to stretch upwards, although this time nothing happened. The only thing nudging the flame seemed to be the wind, which frustrated her a bit, but she tried to remember things take time to learn.

"Hey, Riko?" she eventually asked, hesitating for a moment, "This is probably really random, and I'm only a little sorry, but... uhm, I just wanted you to remember that no matter what, someone's always going to care about you. Okay?" Irvi knew she must've looked like a nut randomly saying this, but she didn't really mind. She fidgeted a bit with her hands, recalling the last night she had with her aunt, something that had been bugging her for weeks... She didn't get to say goodbye to the one person who loved her. She didn't get to say how much she cared about her, how much she didn't want her to go--

Irvi didn't want to lose anyone else, and she knew she didn't have the ability to change who... to change fate, or whatever it was that decided these things. But at the very least, she could make damn well sure they knew she cared about them.

Riko Miracus

Like always. Riko is spacing out again. Wondering when he'll get to do stuff like that on his own. He is a little curious if everyone has a little something special hidden inside. Like powers and magic, stuff like that. The evening helped him think morre freely. Riko always looks down to himself. Feeling like he is the most lowest member of society despite being in a mansion now. He doesn't seem to see that he was born to do something great. Something he can do that others can't. Riko was thinking harder harder by the second. He was about to go further beyond when suddenly... Irvi snapped him back to reality upons saying the words "Hey, Riko?" He turned his head back to Irvi to reply with a curious face. What Irvi said really threw him off guard, big time. He gets thrown off from time to time but Irvi really got him good. Out of all the things he expected from her to say. This was the least bit he didn't expect to hear. Riko's face turned red and his facial expression shifted dramitacally. His lips struglling to speak steady, green eyes started to do rapid eye movements everywhere and he grabbed his pistol to scratch his head with it's barrel. Luckily the gun wasn't loaded nor cocked back, so there is no chance that he'll bloe his head off clean. "H-huh!? Umm... Okay... I-i don't know w-w-where that came out but okay. I'm sure i would say the same thing to you too." Riko answered in a weak and awkward tone. He looked down to the ground and stopped scratching his head. "Is everything alright, Irvi?" He didn't bother to look back to Irvi and just went straight into questioning. His tone was the same but it aounded a lot less serious this time.
Svisttt Svisttt

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png"But Soma...." She didn't understand...might not have come back? Ever? Can't talk about it? Whatever happened it really shook him up and Jian wished he tell her but she couldn't force it out of him. "Alright I guess." Jian said. "But if ever change mind and want to talk about it I'm all ears." She smiling at him. She then breathed in slowly. "Right the letter.....Well I uh....For one thing would like to know where it is." So I can burn it. Jian thought to herself. Like hell anybody else was going to read that. The rest would tease her for sure. "But the real reason I wanted to talk to you was because....I...." She blushed. "I wanted to know what you thought about it.....I mean I wrote that a long time ago and I didn't really think I felt that way anymore and uh...." She was to nervous to look at him so she just looked at the floor. "But I guess I.....do and I was wondering what you felt....." She glanced up at him slightly nervous. Then glanced back down and started talking a little fast. "Want to here something funny I threw a dagger right pass Vincent's head when mentioned you maybe marrying his sister haha crazy huh?" She laughed nervously. She had no idea why she felt the need to tell him that. She was now blushing hard but was still looking at the ground.

Attachments

• Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    640.5 KB · Views: 1
Cordelia Zale
A Dreamless Girl
Looking her way was a couple, a man and a woman with fine appearances. Currently, she didn’t know either of them. However, the man’s name had unconsciously slipped out of her mouth just a few hours ago while the woman had too many physical resemblance with the girl to be called a coincidence. An identical vibe could be seen on both their face... it was a sense of accomplishment.

...Mom...

* * *​

Cordelia broke free from her dream world. However, she didn’t open her eyes instantly. Having walked this earth for so long, the demon once had a circle of friends specialized in espionage, and so it wasn't abnormal for her to casually learn some extraordinary skill out of boredom. Upon a normal sleep, she would issue herself a sort of mental code that would let her rest peacefully. However, if she passed or was put to sleep against her own will, said code wouldn’t have been used. As a result, upon her waking up, the girl would be fully alerted even before opening her eyes. Something viewed by others as a trivial skill like this had helped her a handful times due to her appearance often urged most villains to not outright kill her and instead capture her alive for many purposes. There was even an incident when she made full use of this and deliberately get knocked out in front of her opponent.

If anything, this skill’s only drawback was that it’s extremely hard for her to recall dreams. In fact, most of her dreams would be forgotten almost instantly.

Quickly blinked and moved her limbs, the girl whose freedom was completely robbed a few hours ago strangely found herself regained it back. At the same time, she noticed Joseph, the effects of his ability on her, as well as what he said the moment she opened her eyes.

Come on, I’m the one who need to apologize for worrying you...

Despite her recovery, the girl’s voice was still weak and lacking the cheering up tone she intended to use, indicating the extent of hardship the speaker had gone through.

She gradually pushed herself up. With the lower half of her body still lying under the blanket, the water demon partially transformed, without her appearance changed. Soon, nearby dolls as well as parts of the room she repaired with her power earlier began to dissolve into water and flew straight to her before disappearing into that tiny body. Without getting bigger in size, the girl whose strength was recovered a bit more gave Joseph a grim, solemn look.

Now before you call Jacques to repair these cracks, I want you to hear me out...

She then spent the next few minutes explaining what happened after they had parted, what she had seen from her abilities; Vincent’s evil actions, his voice that resembled the master they were concerning to the point that make she lost her calm and started the reckless attack, Annalise’s interference, as well as her personal opinion that the woman was unlikely to cooperate with Vincent and Cerevantes on their demon-related matters. Perhaps she didn’t even notice the otherworldly alliance or Vincent’s true color.

Having said a lot of story without letting Joseph asked anything, the girl felt tired to the point that her head was absorbed into her pillow just like that. It was almost an unwritten rule for her to look at her conversation partner in the eye to observe psychological information. In addition, it would be better for a younger individual to talk to the older one in a proper manner and stance, but she couldn't care less.

With her eyes locked at the large crack on a pink ceiling, Cordelia moved on about the place she was kept in; the project she had heard from the families heads -a special island designed to confine demon for the sake of experiments. Of course, for a demon to learn about anti-demon faculty from the one responsible for it, a lot of trust and relationship as well as a complete and genuine lack of hostility were required. For the apparently young, socialized hunter who was close to those like Richter, Crispin and Maria, it wasn’t that far-fetched, but she didn’t think Joseph who mainly had to deal with that faker Vincent could afford the same, so his surprise was to be expected.

...and then that guy just ignored it and raised the heat, I can’t believe it!! After that... uh...

That’s when her memories started to become unclear. Even so...

... Soma came to my rescue. Yeah... that’s must be him.

She could remember Soma’s arrival. The last sentence seemed to be directed at herself rather than Joseph. While she felt like something was off, she couldn’t clearly recall what happened after that.

While it ended really well for her, Cordelia wasn't someone who would overlook thing simply because it ended up in her favor. Having confirmed that even Joseph wasn't knowing exact details about the island, she thought back about her failed attempt to ask for help. At that time, the one who got her message was Soma and Jian, so Soma just leaping out without thinking twice wasn't impossible. Therefore, she didn't enquire about why it was only Soma who came to her, however.

"By the way... how did you know that I was locked up on that island?"

There's also another thing that kept bugging her ever since she found herself in the prison. From what she heard, Cerevantes seemed to have some personal matter with Soma and wouldn't be killing him soon, but aside from the silver-haired demon, everyone in this estate would serve as nothing but obstacles in whatever Vincent's plan that she failed to inquire could be, and the sooner the hunters get out of the picture, the better. In addition, Cordelia herself even openly bared her fang and she was certain that the man knew about her spying abilities and what she had seen. Despite all that, her life was spared, even though he had plenty of chances to get rid of her... All he did was confining her in a place where her immediate elimination couldn't be issued, which was too big of a mistake for a mastermind like Vincent, considering that she had seen his true color. Though, there's always a possibility that he was simply an idiot and was too confident that his prison would be unbreakable, but even then, the current result which was her returning to the estate and telling Joseph the entire story should be too much of a damage for him, so even if the chance was slim, if it was her, she wouldn't take the risk and would rather just kill her captive to shut them up.

So why was she still alive? There must be something behind it...

rpnbanner1.jpg

The excitement of the day combined with the exhaustion of sleep deprivation weighted on Isaac like tar. At this point, he felt he’d rather experience whatever Icana could throw at him rather than the discomfort of staying awake. Plus, he doubted Incana had much to torture him over anyhow. His last mission was far enough in the past that he had hope it would be overlooked.

He barely made it to his bed before he collapsed into a deep sleep. Isaac’s dreams were bizarre and vague- small clippets of images and feelings that he couldn’t quite grasp. Thankfully however, Incana spared him the nightmares for the time being. But he could still feel his presence coiled in his head, ready to unleash hell if he made one wrong move.

Starting awake, he rolled over slowly, briskly rubbing his eyes and head. He blinked groggily, disoriented. Faintly, he remembered having a brief conversation with Joseph about his upcoming ceremony, but perhaps that was a dream too? He had no clue if he’d slept for a few hours or a few days. Praying it was the first, he dragged himself out of bed.

Memories from the day before flooded back and he paused mid stride, filled with worry. Did Sayogoromo made it back alive? What about Cordelia? Still half asleep, he stumbled into the hallway, looking for anyone who might be able to provide him with answers.

Joseph Vale: Lord of the Vale

The old man listened as Cordelia spoke, telling him..Everything..He didn't seem to have a reaction, perhaps too shocked to realize or understand..Vincent had been against them this whole time? Then why allow them to stay within his land? Why commit to joking around that he wished for Soma to marry his youngest sister? Was it all a game to him..Or was there something deeper than even Cordelia could understand was going on? Vincent Bernhard once spoke of meeting a monster before, but never went into details of what that encounter consisted of. Since then, Vincent was always intriuged by the other side. Yet Vincent didn't hold an ounce of evil within his being..Joseph would have sensed it if he were truly evil. Could it be that...Vincent found a way to bypass Joseph's ability to sense the aura that emits from living beings? Standing up, Joseph sighed.
"Enemies all around, its difficult trying to understand who can be friend or who can be foe. I do not know how Soma found you, Jian was the only one who tried to help me decipher the message you sent. I had no idea that you were stuck in a prison underground no less. I have no idea where one could have been either. If the Families are creating weapons to fight against Monsters, I believe it will be to fight against us if we ever decided to go rogue. No doubt Annalise would like that very much if it were under the right circumstances. I do not want a war breaking out between us and the 5 Families, nor the people of Bordova. My guess is we just stick to ourselves exclusively, keep ourselves out of the way for now. Raising even a finger could cause suspicion. Just take our missions in stride as we're given them.. Because if Vincent is hoping for us to cause a scene he would use it to his advantage. That man is crafty, and has a plan for every single sequence that could either go in his favor or go wrong. I know, I've been around him long enough to understand him. He wants us trapped, and I believe he's done just that. I think it's time for dinner, though. Would you like to come down and eat, or do you want food brought up to you?"

The butler snapped his pocket watch into his pocket. Smiling as he would announce dinner, as he strode up the steps, he saw Isaac walking around in a daze. He chuckled to himself. Perhaps announcing dinner would have to wait for a few more minutes. Taking the man by the shoulder, he helped steady the groggy man.
"A beautiful night, Master Isaac. Do not worry, you didn't miss a thing. It's only been a few hours since you've returned from the Festival. Sayogoromo is doing well now, dinner is just at hand though. Would you like me to take you to your seat?" He offered the young man, in his usual cheeriness.
"Congratulations on your ceremony, Master Isaac. I am sure you are excited. Ezekiel will be ready to make your weapon whenever you feel ready to speak to him." Jacques stated, helping Isaac grasp the situation was real, he was going to become an official Hunter of Vale now.

Ezekiel: Family Blacksmith

The dwarf of a man was in excitement, finally he was able to craft another beautiful weapon! Setting out all the pieces he'd need to construct it. The materials, the anvil. All of it. The furnace burned hot tonight and Ezekiel was in overdrive. "HAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!!!" He started heating up some steel, as well as the special material used to create the Ceremonial Weapon. He would mould it into whatever shape Isaac wanted. Whatever weapon he wanted as well. This was when Ezekiel felt most alive, being able to create weaponry for the Family.

Jian's mood changed quickly, and she seemed to stutter a bit after she had accepted he didn't want to talk about the incident. He blinked, listening to her. "Ohhhh, yeah Vincent does that a lot, he wants me to marry her but I think he's just joking if anything. Really I don't think I could fit in whatever type of regal clothing Vincent wears. OH! About your question. Yeah I guess I like you too. I still need to take you and Sayogoromo out on a date though. Maybe on two different days though? I don't think I could handle the both of you at once...Sayogoromo's a little slow, and you're energetic so I guess that would work that out. Soooo if you want us to be together or whatever they call it. Sure!....I smell food. I'm going to the food. See you at dinner!" Soma licked his lips as he dashed off, following the glorious scent of food.​
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cerevantes and the Guardian of Lethe

The devil had decided to set up a camp with the Guardian tonight beside the river she was bound to. His katana resting on the ground, perched against his shoulder. He stared into the flame with no emotion other than mild annoyance. The Guardian decided to make some light chat with the Devil, looking up at him after she poked and prodded the flames..
"Do you wish to know the story of how I acquired my child? Surely, you know that we Guardians do not biologically reproduce. We reincarnate." She started, looking at him. Cerevantes returned the stare, almost as if daggers were in his eyes for her to dare break his brooding. But then again, he sighed. "Very well. Tell me your story."

The Guardian smiled a bit, finally she broke the Devils' seemingly spiteful mood. "You already know most of Lucifer's life, so I'll cut to the chase. After he arrived here, he called for a council with me. I initially declined, having no desire to speak to such a man. But he persisted, and I guess I broke my iron edge. When we began talking, he asked me to be his advisor. One of his group, his Ka. As some speak it. I wondered what was in it for me, and he popped the question I to this day will never forget. "Would you like to have a child? Oh so lonesome Guardian." Although it was in a mocking manner, I am sure he knew that I was indeed...Craving something, attention maybe? A friend? I do not know..But his arrow struck me dead center. I remember being angry at his mocking tone, but I agreed.. I wanted something to hold onto..I didn't want to feel so alone all the time."

"That is when I met Nero, one of Lucifer's strongest in his Ka, and his left hand. A flamboyant man, yet hidden under all of his flamboyance was a monster of a being. He was sent by Lucifer to bed me on the night of a New Moon. Contrary to popular belief, actually...Lucifer was not a lady's man. He found no interest in finding a mate, thinking it would take too long to have a clan of children that he needed. Lucifer instead resorted to Blood Magic to create the Clan that you and your brother hail from. It took time, a long time to have my daughter.. Much too long. Lucifer promised to me 5 days before he mysteriously vanished that if the child was born..Then he would ensure its safety, no matter what. And so, after his disappearance. Nero and I continued to try until one day it worked.. I was with child. Nero was, at least I like to think happy. He was there for the delivery, and holding his child only once.. He then left to go into hiding. That was when the 3 Lords came into power, and forced me to throw my child to the land of the Humans..That was the day of Joseph Vale's rebellion, and he had closed the Hell Gate alongside his warriors. The 3 Lords took my child away from me.."

Cerevantes listened to the woman, he felt slightly moved, or touched perhaps. But he wasn't too sure of his own feelings over it. Looking down into the flames, he believed it was time to meet with Vincent again. Standing up, he slicked his hair back again, making sure it was perfectly stable. Turning around he began walking off until the Guardian spoke once more.

"You are going to meet the Man with a Thousand Smiles, hm?" She looked up at him. "Careful of that man, I know of his whereabouts ever since he's been allowing monsters free from Hell. A man who steals souls has no soul himself." Cerevantes took her advice, nodding as he walked off. Slicing a portal open to meet with Vincent in the ship.

Irvi laughed a little, half at herself, and half at how flustered Riko got. She was surprised to feel tears rolling down her cheeks, which she quickly wiped away with a little sniffle. Thankfully, Riko didn't seem to be looking at her anymore, and she almost thought he had zoned out again until he asked if she was alright.

She tugged at the sleeves of her sweaters, not sure how to answer. "I dunno- I guess. I think... I think I'm just a little homesick, is all." It wasn't a complete lie. She missed Halbert, but she missed much more than that. Irvi rubbed at her eyes again before turning her head to look at the pretty little flame. Her limbs felt heavy, like her blood had just decided to turn into lead. The young girl stood up, careful not to knock over the candle, and stretched away the stiffness in her body before walking a bit closer to Riko. "I'm sorry if that was weird." she said, referring to her earlier rather random statement.

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian stood there nervously waiting for a response. She didn't look to him until said guessed he liked her to. "You do?" She blushed but it instantly disappeared when brought up the dates. "Wait Soma I think I need to explain to you what a date-"

"Soooo if you want us to be together or whatever they call it. Sure!"

"Wait you mean-"

"..I smell food. I'm going to the food. See you at dinner!"

He then dashed out of the room leaving Jian behind. She looked out into the hall. "Soma wait!" But he was already gone. "That guy I freaking swear...Who does that?!" She crossed her arms annoyed but then it soon left and she blushed to herself.....So their actually together then? She blushed slightly but then she remembered something. "On damnit! I never explained to him what date was." Suddenly her stomach growled. She flushed out of embarrassment. Guess she was pretty hungry to. She headed down the hall then down stairs into the dinning room. The others hadn't made it yet. Well maybe she could tell him what date was now. She sat down and boy did that food smell good. She hadn't eaten much all day cause she was saving it for the festival....Wait min the sloth! Did he see it? She started putting food on her plate. Wait one thing at a time explain to the fool what date is first. "Soma by the way I think you might be confused to what a date is.....A date is something that people who like each other go on....it's usually romantic...." She poured herself something to drink and then took a bite out of the food. Man it was good. "But yeah.....also Soma did you happen to see that big stuffed sloth that was in your room?" She took another bite and soon enough chowing down.

Attachments

• Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    640.5 KB · Views: 0
Dinner wôuld be ready soon, if he had managed to keep track of time correctly. Before that however, he wanted to see someone. Luckily lying around the room had helped restore some of his energy and the fog in his bedroom eased his pain a bit. Emerging from his bedroom, Sayogoromo inhaled deeply to prepare himself for the long walk. He had cleaned himself up, redone his makeup, and adjusted his kimono so that it was on properly. His outfit from the festival was nearly recreated, but his hair was down instead of up. It pissed him off that he’d lost his gold in that filthy alleyway and no one bothered to recover them before they returned home. But, he wouldn’t kill anyone over lost gold, no right now anyway.

Heading to the main stairs, he could hear faint voices circulating through the house. The hunters were everywhere. “You can do this.” His feet were heavy now, weighed down by caution and hesitation as he went to take the first step. His right hand clung tightly to to the banister and he focused on the steps ahead of himself. Four shaky minutes later, Sayogoromo threw open the front doors. A breeze raced by him into the entryway of the mansion. His long strands of black hair danced in the current and he pulled on his kimono. Thin fingers dragged the fabric up over his shoulders and to his neck. “Damn this place.” He descended the steps with a bit less caution this time, upset and frustrated with the fact he had to go so far.

Walking across the grounds, he watched the tree line and the sky. The darkness reminded him of the forests he hid in when he was much, much younger and lured humans to their doom. As he neared the forge, the blaze from the fires cast a brilliant light around the building that forced back the darkness. “What is he working on?” Approaching the building, Sayogoromo pushes the door open and readied himself. A bright smile stretched across his makeup covered face. “Ezekiel! What magnificent creation is the best blacksmith in Bordova working on right now?” His hair reached out like an arm and closed the door behind him. It was hotter than hell inside and although he’d just complained about the cold wind, he didn’t want to be this hot either. “Do you have time to chat?”
998B9FFE-A103-4D04-A6E9-AC4C31CFF29A.jpeg

rpnbanner1.jpg

As Isaac listened to Jacques, he felt the fog easing from his mind, replaced by an urgent sense of excitement. Feeling a smile creep across his face, he nodded sternly. He felt like the struggles he’d experienced throughout his life had prepared him for this moment. Without the hardships, he doubted he could be strong enough to face the life of keeping Bordova’s threats in check. Becoming a hunter also solidified his position. He no longer felt the stress of planning his future, and where to turn next. Isaac could focus on his job as a hunter and set aside all else. Only problem was-

Incana didn’t share his eagerness. Instead, Isaac could feel the resentment pouring from the beast. He had his suspicions about Icana wanting him to grow stronger, and this proved the inkling. The more control he gained, the less his parasitic partner had on him, and gaining a weapon and the title of hunter was no exception.

“Well,” he replied breathily, wringing his hands. “I think I’m as ready as I ever will be.” By the end of the sentence, he felt like he was choking. Gradually, Incana tightened the pressure in his skull, making him break into a cold sweat. “What’da’ya need from me next then?” Isaac coughed out. He hadn’t been around long enough to see another hunter knighted in, so he didn’t know what to expect from the ceremony.

The dwarf turned around, giving a big ole' stupid grin. "WELL WELL WELL, IF IT ISN'T THE SICKLY ONE! Haven't seen yourself since the day I made you them fans, I still remember the day Soma was a wee tike, telling me all about your foreign clothing. Honestly I think he's still enamoured by your odd tastes." He hopped up into one of his wooden seats, beckoning the demon to sit as well. "I'm just getting everything ready for ole' Fowler. Hearin' his ceremony is at hand. Might as well start up the workload eh? Nothing wrong with that I think!" He laughed loudly. Welcoming the demon to the forge with glee.

Soma simply smiled, chowing down instantly as he had arrived. His plate was full of food, and when Isaac, Jacques, and Jian arrived. He felt...Better honestly, like the weight of his sin wasn't so hard on him anymore. Hearing Jian talk about dates, he laughed. "I'm well aware what a date is, Jian. That's why I'm taking both you and Sayogoromo out on different days! It won't be a big deal. I promise ya!" He laughed. Stuffing his plate, as well as his face with food. Hearing the mention of a sloth, from Jian he pondered for a moment...He did see a big stuffed animal in his room, which he was wondering why it was there. "Yeah, it's a sloth! It was just laying on my bed so I just decided to tuck it in for some sleep."

He pat Isaac's back. "Get yourself some food first, then report to the library afterwards.. Your test will begin there, Ezekiel will have made your weapons by the time your test is finished. It will be no easy task, Master Isaac. Lord Joseph will give you the run-down of what you must do to be knighted. Be ready, Master Isaac. The Ceremony is no joke, and nor is it a simple test. It means life and death." The old butler's face grew grim. as he passed Isaac after showing him to his seat. Opening the doors and stepping out to the training field. "Come now, Master Riko and Irvi, dinner is at hand!" He waved to them to come inside. Considering Cordelia was in her room, he would decide to bring her sweets and a plate of dinner to her.

Cerevantes and Vincent
"It would seem as if our alliance will now be disbanded. You have gained what you needed from me, and I from you. We both part our ways in favor of a better outcome for both of us." Vincent started the conversation, sitting in his chair, the well glowing beside him. Cerevantes nodded. "My last task for you, is to destroy the homonculus I've made." Vincent looked up at Cerevantes. "I want you to kill it, so that Bordova may be impacted believing it to be me. Not only will that throw the Vale off of my tail particularly, it gives them a breath of fresh air. Not only that, it gives you the edge against Soma. He's met your brutality before, it wouldn't be a surprise to him to see you kill off someone so important to Bordova."

Cerevantes nodded, cracking his neck softly. "So this is indeed the end for us, well it has been a pleasure working with you, Vincent." He leaned against a wall, looking at his comrade. Taking note of what he must do so as to keep their plans together. "You sent Sayogoromo after Soma, haven't you."

Vincent laughed, patting his lap softly. "Yes, indeed. You're aware of your blood's abilities. I wondered if he would take the bait, you know the old saying..I presume?"

Cerevantes closed his eyes, nodding. "Drink a devil's blood and be bound to his control...You plan to have Sayogoromo bind himself as Soma's bodyguard?"

"Not entirely, I know this will rub you the wrong way. But I was hoping Sayogoromo would kill Soma. So that the blood pact they would make, would kill Sayogoromo too. Killing two birds with one stone is best when planned thoroughly. Either way, Sayogoromo would be trapped.. whether it be death coming to meet him or by forever living among Soma's troop."

That certainly angered Cerevantes, narrowing his eyes at Vincent. "My brother is my own to deal with. I care not if you wish to weaken Cerberus Vale on your own, but leave my brother to me. Using the abilities of our blood to entice Sayogoromo into defecting from the Vale is a cowards tactic. Fight them with your own strength."

Vincent chuckled, scratching his head. "I will, at some point. When the time is right. I am sorry to hurt your feelings, but I am sure Sayogoromo will have difficulty pondering about what he must do. If I'm lucky he won't know the blood pact that will be made when he drinks his blood. Nonetheless...I'm sure your little rematch will still work out!"

Cerevantes scoffed. "It better, or I'm coming after you as well. And your plans, all fall to ruin." Leaning up, it was time for him to do his final job for Vincent. "May the future favor your goals, Vincnet."

Vincent smiled, nodding. "Same to you, Cerevantes..."

animegirl20 animegirl20
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu: The Sickly One

When he heard the moniker given to him by the dwarf, Sayogoromo’s hands tightened into fists within the sleeves of his kimono. That was definitely not the way he wanted to be know by the world and now every reminder of his illness made him think of the freedom he would gain from drinking, Soma’s blood. It was a constant jab in his side. But, he kept smiling all the same and moved to take a seat on one of the wooden chairs. “I forgot, Isaac’s ceremony was coming up soon.” Since waking up earlier the only people that he’d seen were Jian, Soma, and Jacques. He had nearly forgotten about everyone else while he was combating his illness. “And Soma has never been a “tyke”. He’s older than me be quite a few centuries.” It was odd to recall, Soma true age and compare it to his own. The other demon was far less mature and he was not always the brightest bulb in the room, nor the second brightest sometimes.

“While we’re on the topic of weapon crafting, I had hoped you would craft something for me.” Sayogoromo reached into his obi and drew one of his fans. “I love these, but I feel that I will need something different to face the dangers ahead. My fans won’t stand a chance against whatever it was that attacked, Soma.” He knew that to be true, having meet the thing that attacked, Soma. “Would such a request be allowed or would I have to go to, Joseph for permission first?” Deep down he hoped he hadn’t walked all this way for nothing.

(Considering Ladyofstars will be leaving because of irl situations but will return when the irl stuff settles down, I'm gonna give Ezekiel another post.)

"Aahh centirues smenturies, when you're a dwarf, age is simply a couple of numbers bunched up together telling the world how prehistoric you can be." When Sayogoromo began talking about creating new weapons. Ezekiel's eyebrows raised. "Mmh..New weapons aye? What kind would you be looking for? I can make you anything you need. You can hand the fans over to me, I'll probably tinker with them in my spare time and set them up with my other stuff." He shot off the seat, flexing his arms a bit. "If you're looking to be fighting whatever Soma was, you're lucky I'm able to create something just as strong as what that monster was packing. Naturally, Devil Arms are of the highest quality in Hell. Because of their rarity, it is usually only passed down, or made within family. Soma's katana I made for him was made with similar materials that you'd find in Hell..And I only reserve the best of the best of my work for that kind of material." He waddled over to an old, but immensely large great-bow set up on a plaque. Large, grey-colored steel arrows beside it. "Joseph's Great-Bow, alongside his arrows are made out of that material. I chipped a few pieces off his bow, and took the steel off the arrows to create Soma's weapon. Now, for your weapon.." Ezekiel began to ponder, looking Sayogoromo up and down....Soon enough he snapped his fingers. "Ahh, I've found a perfect match for what you might like.." Ezekiel chipped off some more of the great-bow's large form, took some of the steel off of the arrows as well and began working away. Not even minding that Sayogoromo was around, as well as totally blocking him out of his thought process.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Riko Miracus

Riko's short attention span returned to Irvi as she answered meekly to him. Irvi's answer was rather new to Riko. He never felt homesick, so he doesn't understand the word fully. Yet he tried his best to sympathize with Irvi. He wasn't so sure what to say at the moment. His head went blank. Heavy silence grew between the two. Riko is absolutely out of things to say to Irvi. Riko even started to feel awkward and tried to blame himself for not thinking properly right now. Luckily for Riko. Irvi came up with another statement that she had already said earlier. Finally a more easier statement to answer. Riko quickly opened his mouth to speak freely towards the puffy hair girl. "Hmm, i see. I think you maybe tired, Irvi. All this training can really drain one's soul." Riko also observed Irvi's tired movement and posture. He's getting ideas that what he said maybe correct. With his hand on her shoulder. Riko decided to tell Irvi to call it a day. "Look... How about we head back inside, okay? It's getting late now. Besides i think dinner would now be served by-"

Riko looked up to the night sky before looking back to Irvi. Riko was about to finish his statement until Riko was cut of by Jacques call for dinner. "Well, speak of the devil..." Riko whispered under his breath. He turned his to Jacques then Irvi. He looked straight into her eyes. "So, umm... Race you there? First one to get there gets to eat more food than the last placer." The way Riko said it so casually will throw anyone off guard especially at this particular moment. Before Riko even gets the chance to hear Irvi's response. Riko started to sprint away from her, coming towards Jacques at full speed. The way Riko ran was like a genuine thief on the run after stealing fresh stacks of money from a nearby bank. He ran like his life depended on it. Irvi might still get thrown off by his ridiculous challenge that he said so bluntly even though the topic was comical. One may notice that Riko is only fast at first but in the long run, literally... He seems to be slowing down. bit-by-bit, in fact Irvi could catch up to him or maybe even surpass him in the middle of the challenge and win such a dumb surprise. Riko was panting halfway and his full sprint slowly became casual jogging mid way. Will Irvi really fall for this boy's stupidity or she'll just let him be?

Svisttt Svisttt Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

rpnbanner1.jpg

“The Ceremony is no joke, and nor is it a simple test. It means life and death.”

Nerves made his heart flutter for a moment before he settled into a steely determination. Even if he did fail, he would go down swinging. As long as he knew that he gave it his all, he would be pleased with the results. Rising, he paused in the doorway. “Thank you Jacques, for everything. The Vale gave me a chance when thing were looking grim, and well-” Incana was making the words difficult, but he pushed through. “Well, thank you. Whatever happens later, I wanted to make sure you knew…”

What is going on with you? Incana berated sharply, annoyed. You’re going to take a test, not wrestle a bear. Nobody likes a brown noser, stop with the sappy shit. Now.

Slipping from the room, he took a seat at the dining table. Chewing, he stared blankly out across the table, too deep in thought to taste his dinner. Incana had momentarily left to devour his own supper, giving Isaac some time alone with his head. Glaring into his plate, he tried to imagine what the test would consist of, but failed to conjure an idea. Who knew what the night would bring.

Ceremony of Isaac Fowler
The Ceremony of Isaac Fowler
After dinner, the ceremony was now at hand for Isaac Fowler. Joseph, Jacques, and Soma all took Isaac to the Ceremonial Room of Trial. This room was just as elegant and extravagant as the rest of the mansion, and yet it felt empty at the same time, only used when the Ceremony for a Hunter was at hand. Joseph had brought Ezekiel up from his forge, to present the new weapons Isaac had requested. He would not acquire them until he finished his final test. No one else in the mansion were allowed to view this event, it was meant to be sacred. And it would be kept that way until the end of the Vale. Isaac was gifted with his own Ceremonial Attire for the event, which consisted of a white loose tunic, white baggy pants, a red sash meant to be worn around the waist, housing gold designs that resembled runes detailed in the red. bandage wraps meant to be worn around his wrists and hands. An emblem was sown into the back of the tunic, depiciting Cerberus Vale's coat of arms. A large Cerberus, with 3 gleaming swords in each of their mouths, chaining up a large stone-like door behind Cerberus.

Joseph, Soma, and Jacques all stood in line waiting for Isaac to arrive to the event. All three wore what some would consider in the modern age, a business suit. Soma wore a black suit jacket, with a grey vest and a dark blue , long sleeved dress shirt. Black pants and dress shoes. Jacques wore a light grey suit jacket, over his normal butler attire. Joseph wore a black suit jacket with a dark red vest, under that was a black long sleeved dress shirt, black pants and dress shoes. Ezekiel was wearing a loose robe, befitting of a blacksmith handing off a very important item. Joseph set up a large, rectangular barrier around the room. Jacques placed runic markings in a square formation. When cast, it created a sort of cage-like arena for Isaac to step in. Soma dimmed the lights in the room, and closing the door behind Isaac as he arrived, spoke to Isaac of his ceremony.
"Isaac Fowler, I am Soma Vale. Heir to Cerberus Vale, and Overseer of your Ceremony. The Vale has noticed your hardwork and determination within the Family, and have granted permission for you to prove yourself worthy of the official title of A Hunter of the Vale. This test, will show us what you have learned, and how strong you have grown up until this point. But this will not be the end for you, if you succeed. You must continue to grow stronger, and serve the Vale with your life. Upon your success, you will receive a new weapon specially crafted to take down Monsters of all kinds of caliber. If you should fail, the hard truth is that you will then die. Your test has been chosen by me, and with Joseph and Jacques here to aid me in your Ceremony, let it begin. Your test, is to fight and beat Incana. To overcome the possession that holds you and take BACK what belongs to you."

Soma finished his speech, moving Isaac into the arena, where Jacques began the incantation to force Incana to appear into the real world, and do battle with Isaac so that he may claim rightful ownership of Incana's powers. While this began, Joseph spoke now.
"You came here with a heavy heart, burdened by a loss of many years. Slowly you acquired a goal, something to keep the fire burning in your soul, and now that moment is at hand. Prove your worth, become a Hunter of Vale. Take back what Incana stole from you, your identity. Your body, your control."

Joseph, Soma, and Jacques split up, Joseph and Soma on the left and right side of the room, while Jacques stood in the back of the room, locking the doors and turning around to face the arena. "Let the Ceremony, begin." All three of them said in unison.

ebb ebb
(After Ebb posts his long battle with Incana, we will move onto the next arc!!!!)

Last edited:
End of Act 2

rpnbanner1.jpg

Preparing for his ceremony, Isaac firmly wrapped his hands, looping the material across the flat part of his palm and back down to his wrist. Repeating this until it was sufficiently protecting and aligning the bones in his hands and arms, he let out a hollow breath. Unless the wraps were just for show, he was in for a fight.

Minutes later, as he listened to Soma and Joseph’s speech, he couldn’t help but feel pleased. Part of him thought this day would never come. However, as they mentioned facing off with Incana, the demon writhed like a bucket of worms in his head, making Isaac feel nauseous. Incana cursed loudly, screeching in languages both human and inhuman. Instead of being angry at Isaac, the curses were directed at the three heads of the house, calling them a variety of unsavory names.

Finally dragged out by Jacques’ incantation, Incana spilled from his mouth and ears, curling into a beastly form on the floor. Rising slowly like smoke, two eyes manifested from the murk. Taking his full form, Incana stood at the height of a small bear, nearly reaching Isaac’s shoulder. Isaac couldn’t tear his gaze away from the cruelty sharp teeth and powerful stare.

"Let the Ceremony, begin."

Isaac swallowed hard.

The moment was broken as Incana hurled towards him like a cannonball. Incana leapt wildly, a flash of dark fur and teeth. The impact sent his world spinning as he turned to deflect the collision, and was sent flying to the ground. Instinctively, he crossed his arms in front of his face, protecting his neck and head. Sure enough, Incana’s jaw snapped repeated, the last snap closing around the middle of his forearm. Flinching back, he scrambled away, twisting onto his side in hopes of freeing his arm. Incana fell sideways, his viselike bite holding strong.

Ammist his panic, Isaac realized something important. He’d seen Incana when he was biting to kill, and this wasn’t one of those times. His bite could shatter bones, if used with conviction, and this one had barely broken the skin. Knowing he had to work fast before the toxins in Incana’s saliva kicked in, he pushed out sharply with his heels, striking Incana in the belly. Yelping, Incana let go, eyes feral and hackles raised.

Glaring across at the demon, he remembered another thing he’d heard Icana mention in snippets over the years. Hosts rarely lasted more than a few months. Whether they snapped under the pressure, or simply weren’t mentally or physically strong enough to host a demon, Incana’s past partners were short lived. Panting, he tried to think. Maybe, despite the hell he’d been put through, Incana held some form of sentiment towards him. Why else wouldn’t he be ripping at Isaac’s throat right now?

Not letting on, he maintained an appearance of caution, throwing out small blows if Incana crept too close. This pattern repeated itself, with Incana darting in to nip at his arms and legs. Sharing a consciousness for so long meant they were both predictable to one another, and it was as if they were stuck in a violent dance.

Isaac made a choice. If he was ever going to win, he would have to depend on the chance that Icana didn’t actually want to kill him. Slowly loosening the sash behind his back, he made his move. Instead of going for his flank, or strategically approaching, Isaac rushed the creature, smashing his shoulder into Incana’s chest. Snapping in surprise, Incana was too late. Jamming the sash under Incana’s chin, Isaac pulled back harshly, wrapping his legs around the beast’s back. Incana choked and hissed, trying to reach back and bite Isaac.

Thanks to the extra range of the sash, he was able to keep back far enough to avoid the bites, still pinned against his back. The seconds stretched on forever and Incana bucked like a horse, feebly attempting to lose Isaac.

“Doesn’t feel so good to be someone’s ride after all, huh?” Isaac grunted, tightening his grip. Eventually, Incana weakened, collapsing onto the cool floor. Without realizing it, Isaac felt the same way about killing his twisted companion. Sure, he wasn’t the nicest guy, but they’d been through so much together. Kneeling in front of Incana, he let the sash drop from his grip. Incana looked smaller, lying there, choking out shallow breaths.

“I- uh- guess I won?” He breathed, in shock that he hadn't just been torn to pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back