• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Soma: Struggling for Control.

Soma continued to fight against his body, which took a few minutes of agonizing pain. He gained control, only after those few minutes of pain. Standing up, he looked up the hill, where his Devil was mocking him silently from above. He narrowed his eyes. "I'm not letting you win.." He said, to himself. Or maybe to the blood that ran through his veins. The awakening of power inside Soma's blood had caused his body to desire its power, hunger for it. All thanks to his ancestor, Lucifer. Soma had some time to kill before missions, so he decided to walk back up to the Training Field. He saw Riko, who seemed to be deep in thought? He stared at him for only a few minutes, silent as can be. He was far enough away to at least not disturb Riko during his concentration, but Riko could probably tell he was there, considering he wasn't trying to mask his footsteps in the snow. Soma plopped down into the snow, taking a que from Riko, closing his eyes, but this time he laid back, sprawled out. Almost like he was going to make Snow Angels. Soma seemed like he would drift off to sleep right now, and for that moment he did...Which only opened up a nightmare.

Cerberus Vale was bathed in snow, and blood. Soma was frozen solid, forced to watch a devil with metallic black skin crush Jian's neck. While Irvi, and Riko were dangling, lifeless in his other hand. Cordelia was impaled against the large fence around the estate. Sayogoromo and Isaac were both torn apart. Joseph and Jacques..Both dead in Soma's arms.
The Devil turned around to meet Soma's gaze. It was him. Letting go of Jian, Irvi and Riko. The Devil laughed. "You're losing this battle, Soma.. Soon enough your blood will consume you and you will have NO control over yourself.." The Devil flexed his fingers, crackling noises emitted from his fingers. "Stop resisting...Allow your true nature to reveal itself.. You can't keep hiding from it..."
"Stop...Stop it! Just leave me alone!"
"Oh but I can't, Soma.. We're one in the same. Together." The Devil strolled over to Soma, grabbing him by his head. "Watch your back, Soma Vale... There are those that can betray you.. I'm keeping you safe.. I always have..Ever since you began your life as a Hunter..I kept you alive, your powers, everything..We are connected. You and I, we are the same person." The Devil's face morphed, showing a more evil Soma, his hair a lot wilder, his eyes a life-less version of Soma's silvery-blue. Soma shook his head, protesting loudly against this. The Devil would not have it, and much like during the Red Moon Incident, began charging up a large laser beam directly at Soma. The whole image was painted in red, as the explosion would have obliterated Soma..
Soma woke with a loud scream, holding his chest. And more than likely, would have broke Riko out of his concentration on accident.

Vincent: Soul Stealer

"I hope your new outfit suits you, my dear Shirogane..." The man who had poisoned Sayogoromo, stood in the light, wearing a black and green suit. His hair tied up in a large, long ponytail. A hair stick slid into the wrapping that kept the ponytail together. With his glowing green eyes squinting in glee, he nodded to Vincent "Oh yes, this will be perfect...Sayogoromo would definitely like the way I look this time around." Shirogane extended his hand, green claws portruding out of his nails, glowing neon green in the dim light. "Ah..It matches my colors~ Hahaha!!" Shirogane laughed, slipping his hands into the pockets.

As for the Wolf, it laid in the corner, awaiting for the night so that he may destroy Incana. Vincent had given them the plan, and it was a odd one indeed...Vincent was interested in the fusion of two different monsters, wanting to see what would happen if the two of them merged together to fight Sayogormo. The Wolf agreed to it, only under the conditions that they get to eat Isaac and Incana alongside Sayogoromo. Vincent agreed, and so did Shirogane, and althought they weren't sure, Vincent had a feeling Soma would tag-along..And that would make for a great blow to the Cerberus Vale.

"Tis' only morning, my men..The night will come, and this will be the darkest night I have planned for The Vale.. " Vincent spoke, sitting down and churning the liquid in the well with his fingers.
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
animegirl20 animegirl20

rpnbanner1.jpg

Watching Soma leave the hall, Isaac turned his attention back to his plan. Returning to his room, he retrieved a handful of basic outdoor supplies including a set of gloves and a thicken woolen hat. Too caught up in his planning, he failed to notice the echoes of the fight that was underway. Despite the frigid temperature, he still kept his window cracked open to avoid any sense of claustrophobia in the space, allowing faint murmurs of the fight to echo across the landscape.

Making his way back downstairs, he flipped through a small booklet he began the week before. Inside, there were sketches of local animal prints and the conditions he found them in. Little did he know, his family had a similar habit.

Lurched back to reality, he jumped when he realized someone was at the door. Swinging it open carefully, he was confronted with the last face he least expected to see. “Ritcher- I” Lost for words, he took a moment to collect himself. What was the leader of Jigram doing on his doorstep? Isaac’s heart fluttered for a moment and he peered over Ritcher’s shoulder with a small shred of hope that his family would be standing down the drive. Disappointed, he forced a quick smile. “What a surprise,” he bowed respectfully. “Please, come inside.” Opening the door wider, he invited the guests inside.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Sayogoromo Seikatsu
Cerberus Vale Mansion

With the other hunters having found something to distract themselves with, Sayogoromo decided that he would take the time to actually make up his mind. With slow, even steps, the demon clicked through the halls of the mansion, mind oblivious to his surroundings. The top of his parasol dragged lightly across the floor, held loosely in his left hand while his right arm swayed back and forth. The darkness of the halls allowed him to focus inward, thinking back over his entirely life, the past fifty years especially.

When he first arrived to, Cerberus Vale he was a broken shell of his former self. The poison had destroyed him and the enemies chased him pass the point of exhaustion. He turned to Cerberus Vale as a last result, but their ultimate goal was not something that he truly wanted to lend his power to. Also, he didn’t want to risk his life for their foolish ideals. Even now he still didn’t agree with their rules or plans and he longed for the days where he had the freedom to consume humans.

But then he met, Soma and the odd demon became a very good friend of his. However, that friendship would require a sacrifice on his part, one Sayogoromo wasn’t sure that he would be willing or able to make. Pushing open one of the back doors, he stepped back out into the snow. The cool wind whirled around him and his parasol went up over his head. The snowflakes piled up on the canopy above him while his feet crushed snow and packed it down tightly with every step that he took. The kimono was wrapped around his shoulders rather than covering them and the hem of it dragged over the surface of the snow. Being out there alone reminded him of the night he had stumbled across, Cervantes.

Although he hadn’t said anything yet, Isaac’s change in character and tone had made it clear that the voice which he heard at the festival, was the human’s. It was inspiring to see, Isaac change for the better, but not enough to force Sayogoromo’s own change of heart. “And Incana.” He spoke softly as memories of arguments played in his mind. The two of them had been quite troublesome in the past, real pains. But now they were changed for the better.

Stopping beneath a tree at the property line, Sayogoromo looked up at the tree and inhaled deeply. Irvi and Riko had not grown on him quite yet, but in time they could be threats or allies. Leaving their future relationships to chance was not the best idea. And Cordelia was in the same boat, she was actually a potential threat to be worried over. Sayogoromo’s brow furrowed the more that he thought about her and their previous interactions. The demon’s teeth gritted against one another and he groaned deeply. The possibilities did not seem to be leaning toward peaceful resolution.

Reaching out from his right sleeve, Sayogoromo’s right hand became that of a skeleton. The bones rattled lightly as he carved the tree trunk with the pointed fingers and they then curled into a tight fist. “I will not be a pawn.” Glancing back over his shoulder, his eyes went to the mansion. The skilled hunters within were the strongest combatants in the land. As the flesh returned to his hand, Sayogoromo started back toward the mansion. The red of his parasol and kimono stood out against the purity of the snow, making him easy to spot.

702AF0DC-09E7-4AF9-BFED-AFAEDAF109C9.jpegAD4D1B81-F5D8-475E-BF51-38DDC016D7D9.png
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb Severia Severia Svisttt Svisttt Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Irvi smiled as Joseph wrapped his cape around her shoulders- which might as well have been a blanket given how big it was compared to her. Although, she felt a bit bad, wasn't he cold too? "I'm ready!" she said as she watched him reach out to hit the side of the carriage, laughing a little when they began moving. Still peering out, she noticed another carriage stop at the Estate, which made her frown a little. Part of her wished she was still inside, just to see whoever was visiting.

She returned her attention back to Joseph, her face lighting up when he asked how her training with Soma was going. "It's so fun!" she laughed, her face turning a light pink out of a mix of the compliment and the cold, "Soma's a blast to be with! He seems kinda sad sometimes, though." Irvi added, her enthusiasm fading slightly. Even though she hadn't been at the Estate for very long, she could tell its residents were changing slightly in different ways. She knew she herself was changing, too.

"Hey! Uhm... this is probably a little random, but I'm sure we have time!" she began, pausing for a moment, "Why was Cerberus Vale created? I mean... I know it's to protect people and- and stuff, but why?" She struggled a bit to phrase the question, cracking her knuckles anxiously. It'd been something she'd been meaning to ask for awhile, because... well, demons didn't exactly have the greatest reputation in the world. Though she knew the ones at the Estate were unlike the other demons Irvi'd been told about, she wondered sometimes what made them so drastically different.

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngWell Sayo and Isaac didn’t respond to her. Guess they were in their own little world. There was a sudden knock at the door but Isaac answered it. Jian sighed not bothering to see who it was. “Right.......ok guess I’ll go check on Riko.” Jian walked out of the room and headed to the back door. She hadn’t seen him come in yet. “He can’t possibly be still out laying on the snow.” When she went to check she noticed he was not laying down but meditating? Well at least that's what it looked like. It was getting colder. Did he really need to meditating out here? She started to walk up to him but she suddenly heard somebody scream. “The hell?!” She looked around and spotted Soma. Jian jogged over to him and bent down to look at him. “Soma what’s wrong?” She said looking at him a bit worried.
ebb ebb LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Attachments

• Xingcai_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_(DW9).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Riko Miracus

The cold meditation calmed the boy. Meditating was a whole new experience for Riko. It was calming yet strange. The cold snow did not bother him one bit during his concentration. Inside his head, the same thoughts still remained and will remain unanswered for the time being. He imagined the world turned into nothing but black. He can see a bright white magic circle forming around him. Rkio can feel his inner energy flowing through him and his surroundings. The world he was imagining was turning more surreal by the minute, that is until Riko was disturbed by footsteps in a distance. Riko lost a bit of his focus. Riko cleared his head again to refresh his mind and strength. This time he re imagined the world in snow only. He could see every single snowflake clearly falling out from the sky, just like the ones in reality. Riko was starting to lose all his focus as the worldly distractions crept up to him. The image Riko made inside his head was slowly fading into black and he can see a few cracks in the air like his own dimension was slowly shattering into reality. Riko kept meditating and tried to fight the distractions. Little did Riko know that something was already happening right in front of his closed eyes. One could see the annoyed expression on Riko's face as he meditates. He was going well until a scream broke his illusion and shattered back to reality. This scream broke his concentration so hard that it activated his enhanced reflexes powers. Riko quickly drew out his first blunderbuss and aimed it towards the source of the scream. Riko reacted completely out of instinct, the scream really got him good. Riko's eyes were glowing green and his breathing was heavy. Riko was experiencing... Fear. The scream was haunting to Riko, even though most things don't rattle him but something about it bothers him. Good thing Riko didn't took shot or he might have got somebody hurt because the one who screamed was Soma. Riko was scared and confused at the same time. He doesn't what is going on. What happened to Soma? Why did he do that? Why is Jian there too? Riko held Soma at gunpoint. Despite using his powers, his hands were shaking. Trying his best not to shoot. Riko wanted to ask Soma but no words came out of his mouth, it was overwhelmed by his panting.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi animegirl20 animegirl20

Soma: Accursed Blood

Soma was panting by the time Jian had arrived, he was unaware of the world around him for a few minutes, no reaction from how Riko held him at gun-point either. He seemed almost out of it, in a different world entirely. As if his physical body was still here, but a part of him was traversing a different world incapable of returning to himself. Despite that, he regained his composure..he didn't need that other side anyway..Who was he kidding? The Devil...He didn't need it. It wasn't who he was. Or was it? What was he? Soma fought with his identity, a never-ending battle that continued to tear at his soul ever since the Blood Moon Incident. Was he human, or was he a Devil through and through? Could he be both? What kind of person was Soma..Would he give in to his bloodline, and become similar to Cerevantes? Or live his life trying his best to keep his human ideology intact.

Standing himself up slowly, wiggling a bit in the knees. He heaved a sigh. "I'm sorry..I had a nightmare. I didn't mean to startle anybody.." Soma said meekly, rubbing his hair in embarrassment. Turning to meet Riko, who..Was holding a gun up at Soma. Soma's eyes widened, flinging his arms up in the air and making a rather surprised scream "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT MAN?! PUT IT AWAY PLEASE!?!" Soma's arms acted in a comical defensive way, flinging about all over the place. "I MAY HAVE REGENERATION BUT THOSE BULLETS HURT MAN!"

Joseph: Lord of the Vale, and a cold old man.

He blinked at Irvi's question, it wouldn't be out of the norm. Honestly, he it was rare for him to really tell about the history of the Vale. "Well...A long time ago, I was just as bad as most monsters the Vale have fought for the time its been around. I was a General in the army of Hell. I commanded my own men, and we would ravage towns, cities, villages. Killing off humans like nothing.. I once, spared a little girl out of some unusual pulling at my heart strings.. I do not know how or why it happened.. But it did. The Lord of Hell at the time was lenient with me, but there were 3 of my comrades who did not think the same. That night they planned to take over the Throne but I decided not to stop it, in my defense it wasn't my problem. And so, those 3 demons became the Lords of Hell that are currently in power. They were still mad at me for my decision, and decided to punish me. Sending me to Earth and suffer with barely any of my powers as a Devil except for youth, they forced me to stand with humans for countless amounts of years.
Slowly but surely my dark heart began to change as I was subjected to humanity and it's innate kindness... And despite humanity still having darkness within themselves, I looked to them for the good in them. I formed a Rebellion to stop the Monsters from being able to phase through Hell and Earth as they pleased without consequence, many great men and women laid down their lives.. Especially my brother's. We sealed the Hell Gate.. Now, Monsters are unable to arrive to Earth without having to pay a price, and its usually the amount of power they can wield in the human world is what they take. I found Soma, raised him..Trained him..And we began to track down monsters that try to terrorize Humans. Long ago I saw the horror I wrought to this world. And my heart was changed when I saw the beauty it yielded. I wish to protect that beauty, and Soma. Everyone else does too, in their own ways they do, but I assure you each one of my members care for someone, and or something that they'd want to protect. There are no records of another group much like ours, and because of that we stand to protect those who are unable to do so themselves, because no one else will."
Joseph finished his speech with an old grunt, leaning back against the seating inside the carriage.

Richter Zobel: Head of the Zobel Family

The young man began to sweat a bit, and stutter slightly in greeting to Isaac. He bowed lightly to him. Considering Richter didn't take the whole "Family Head" idea so seriously, he was well-known to show respect to everyone when possible. "H-Hello Isaac...I...Uh..Yes, thank you..I shall come in." He slipped into the main hall, scratching the back of his neck. "I've come to give you..Some very important..News..Information...Uh...I...Your father wanted me to give this to you, and...I...I held off from giving it because I'm not so well with confrontations..Mr. Fowler...I'm...I'm very sorry.." He held out the note-book to Isaac, looking down.. "Isaac..I...Your family...Died a few years after your disappearance, in a house fire...The Research they were doing was scrapped as well, in favor of making a different building..Your father..He wanted you to have this.. No one has read its contents..I've saved it for you..I'm so sorry...I had no power to make the decisions after your family had died.."

Cerevantes: Stoic Devil

Cerevantes had returned to the Human world, and despite his infamous whereabouts in Bordova and to the Vale, he set himself up as close to the Vale as possible. Making a hide-out of sorts within the large forests that lay north from the bridge. As of right now, he stood a far away from Sayogoromo...But watched him intently, he would keep an eye on this one. He wouldn't directly get involved, but he was sure that the Devil was struggling on making a decision. Did he know of the truth? Of what would happen if he were to drink Soma's blood and then kill him? They both would be sent to the Guardian...
And knowing Soma, he would fight to return to the Human world, alongside his friend who could potentially back-stab him. Cerevantes gritted his teeth, Soma was so easy to read, to understand. His dumb outlook was the sole reason Soma would never give up in the face of an impossible odd. Crossing his arms, Cerevantes held his katana in one hand, and the locket for Cordelia in the other. Watching as Sayogoromo made his way to the mansion..
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

rpnbanner1.jpg

Isaac flushed with cold that pinpricked down his spine. Winded, he could only stare blankly at Ritcher, any sign of a smile evaporating instantaneously. “I-” He felt ill, gripping onto the door frame until the splinters dug into his palm. All this time he’d been too afraid of letting down his family. Too afraid of letting them see the person he’d become. But all this time he’d been letting them rot in the ground, left cold and alone in the dirt. Too far disconnected with his body to shed a tear, he nodded blankly at Ritcher.

To his surprise, he felt Incana’s head and forepaws escaping from his ears, settling comfortingly around his shoulders.

“I understand,” he muttered, taking the notebook softly in his hands. Finally starting to process what he’d just been told, a torrent of questions rose to the surface. “What caused the fire? Where were they buried? Can I see them? Can I visit? Please- I” Isaac’s composure crashed quickly.

Cordelia Zale
A Daring Inspector
Cordelia yawned again. She was sitting at the table in the dining room, eagerly waiting for the breakfast. The girl remembered Joseph telling her about bringing Irvi outside today, but where the hell did the others go!? She just wanted to eat and get back to sleep as soon as she could. However, she won't eat alone as Jacques suggested earlier. The toughness of those monsters last night was no joke, and she would make sure that she had warned the other hunters.

With her low patience eventually ran out, the water demon decided to find and drag each of them here.

Through the course of 3 months, the ability she just obtained had improved a lot. Instead of focusing at herself or only single water mass, she can separate her consciousness and operate them simultaneously. In addition, Cordelia can remotely use her ability through the water she was scrying. Basically, it was as if each water that had originated from her body could become her clone any moment. Technically speaking, she could also alter its appearance and achieve something like that.

At the main hall, she found Isaac who was speaking with... Richter? What was that guy doing here? Whatever, she noticed the tone and heaviness of what they were talking from the air between them and Isaac's face, so she decided to find the others first. Since she had already looked everywhere in the mansion, they must be outside.

The girl's consciousness emerged at another place. It was a large wood right next to the bridge in the north, the nearest water she had placed outside in a form of an ordinary tree. After mastered the ability, she had placed a lot of her bodily content throughout Bordava, and because of that sometimes she noticed the monster and promptly acted even before the mission paper reached the estate.

As for now, she easily spotted Sayogoromo whose appearance was so contrasted with the snowy background behind him. Not so far from him was Jian, Soma and Riko. That place was a favorite sparring spot of many people here, so she didn't have a hard time figuring out what they were doing. Instead, the real Cordelia couldn't help but shrugged at how Soma was acting at the gunpoint. Well then, that should be everyone, now who should she first deal wi

All of her drowsiness magically vanished. Her blood froze, not because of the glacial air around her or the spot she was watching, but because of an unbelievable sight.

Cerevantes, a skilled demon who claimed to be Soma's brother while also almost beating him to death 3 months ago. Also Vincent's supposed ally, yet rumored to be the one who ended his life. Currently, that guy was standing not so far from the tree that was originally water, looking intently at the direction of the estate.

Why was he here? No, the most important question would be what to do now?

Fighting him was... really not an option. Not talking about how good he was, even if her or the other hunters could get the upper hand, the demon could use that sword to get away anytime he wanted.

In addition, there's the fact that he was there for a while before she noticed. If he was up to something, then he would have already done it. Having reached that conclusion, she ordered the tree to change its appearance.

* * *​

"I believe stalking other people, even your own brother, isn't so good as a hobby you know?"

Speaking nonchalantly from behind Cerevantes was a pink-haired girl in her usual pink dress. In term of appearance, voice, as well as mannerism, there's no difference between her and the girl who was currently sitting in the dining room. However, what was standing there was merely a clone made of water. Even if that guy were to attack without letting her saying more than that, she would lose nothing. However, it would also mean she gain nothing. Plus, it didn’t seem like someone of that guy’s caliber wouldn’t notice what she was about to say

I don’t think I need to say it out loud, but I’m here by myself, also wouldn’t it be better to send a knife or two flying at your back instead of those words? So why don’t you return me a favor and keep that sword away from me?

The moment she was saying that, Cordelia slowly walked toward Soma’s brother. The knives that were floating next to her were left floating still at the original position. Once she closed enough distance and stopped, it became clear to both of them.

That if Cerevantes were to strike now, none of the knives would be able to reach her side in time.

Well then, I always wanted to say something to you...” she paused, adjusting her breath and focusing at Cerevantes’s reaction. As stoic as he was, there was no body language that the girl couldn’t read.

Thanks for killing Vincent. It was you, wasn’t it? He must be too annoying even for you, right?

Observing his expression carefully, she continued.

Also... what are you here for?

Riko Miracus

Riko's glowing eyes faded away. Soma begged for him to put the gun down in the most comical way possible. Riko was definetly stressed out her, especially his broken down concentration disappeared. Riko slowly pointed the gun downwards applying his safety rules regarding gun safety. He did say please. Riko slowly walked up to the white haired devil to give a word or two. "...Next time. Don't do that again, please. It's really disturbing and loud. In case you didn't notice, i was having a meditation practice. You know if you were someone else i could "accidentally" shot you..." Riko had a strict yet gentle tone towards Soma. He sounded like parent at the moment, although Riko was not done with his pistol just yet, he poked Soma's nose with his gun barrel in a playful matter. The gun was loaded but Riko's itchy trigger finger is off the trigger. "*sigh* Anyway... Look. I'm sorry, just got a bit too startled at the moment. Again don't do again." Riko said to Soma as he spins his multiple times before holstering it. The walked past Soma and Jian to exit the combat training grounds but just as before he left. "Where can a boy like me meditate around this place peacefully? Sheesh..." He murmured under his breath. He rubbed his right hand against his face with a stressed out expression. "Also, is breakfast ready yet? I'm starving." Riko asked the two. Riko justs wants the answer, he didn't care who answers first. He was actually starving at the moment. He is hungry he didn't even bother turning his head around to look at them.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:

After Riko settled down, Soma sighed in relief. The bullets were indeed meant to damage Devils, and despite his regeneration abilities, it would hurt a lot nonetheless. But then he began thinking about how Ezekiel always had time to make such an abundant amount of bullets, soon enough staring off into space as he thought of how many bullets Ezekiel had to make a day...And totally ignoring Riko as well with his safety rules, much like a child whom decided to just block out a scolding. He finally snapped to when Riko moved past him. "Huh, oh what? Uhhh.. You could meditate down at the garden Not a lot of people go there and Jacques only goes there to tend the garden when possible. Uhhhh...Breakfast, I think it's almost time. Jacques probably is just setting the table now. You might wanna run and hurry before everyone snags all of it!" Soma said to Riko, as if helping the boy pick his pace up and hurry for some food. Soma was not feeling hungry right now, and would most likely leave the estate for the rest of the day up until the evening, where the missions would be handed out. Soma turned his attention finally to Jian, smiling.
"Hey! Nice to see you this morning, how are you feeling?" He pat her head, softly running his hand through her hair. Which was Soma's way of showing affection to anyone really. "I didn't mean to startle him, I thought I could lay down for a few minutes, but I assume that didn't work!" Soma laughed. "Glad I didn't get pumped with some lead today! Hahhaha!!" Soma said, scratching his nose.

The young man gulped, and wiped his forehead that was now sweating profusely. The questions were to be expected, and Richter had prepared for them all this time. "I...I didn't have clearance to take over what happened on the accident unit.. Vincent took it over and said for me to just sit back.. From the records, your family wasn't found. It's believed an explosion happened in the home, which could have...destroyed any physical evidence of their bodies.... We could only pick out pieces of burnt skin..Clothes...After that, Vincent decided to shut down the research facility, transformed it into a pawn shop for Jigram..I wasn't able to give them a funeral..Vincent took over the operation..I'm really sorry Isaac...That note-book was the only thing I could keep a promise about...Nobody knows of its existence...Even Vincent didn't know.."

Sayogoromo was already so far off that Cerevantes decided not to keep his watch over him. Setting himself down on a bed of leaves he'd amassed for himself. The voice of a child filled his ears, which only served to annoy him. Slightly turning his head to meet the girl that, had transformed from the tree into a girl, he assumed it wasn't the real Cordelia Zale. "Telling me you could have used force instead is useless. Especially after you made your presence known. I didn't have plans to kill you in the first place anyway. So I guess you're welcome for the favor in advance."
He turned around to face the girl. Staring at her with stone-cold eyes. His stature unmoving, completely still.

"Cordelia Zale, the first member to join Cerberus Vale since it's beginning. With no name for yourself you used the name of your first real friend, after her death you decided to live in an orphanage. There's more to your story but I'm sure you already know. You've lived it. Vincent liked to be at the center of each pawn's life. Weaving in the shadows and gathering information. He may have been annoying but he sure was a master tactician. The only thing he wasn't good at was sticking his nose in other people's business." Which was true, Cerevantes was still mad at Vincent for enticing Sayogoromo with the cure, and how to attain it. And the price that Vincent wanted Sayogoromo to pay.

And in his expressions, that anger showed. He wasn't going to hide it, no need to. That was partially why he was here in the first place, to keep tabs on Sayogoromo.
"I did indeed kill Vincent for that very reason, and I suppose the proper response is you're welcome for that." Cerevantes pressed his thumb against the guard of his katana, pushing up the sword just a few inches, letting the mystical steel gleam in the morning, and dropped it back in its scabbard. "My business here is none of your concern, child. Though I will say you are a different task I must attend to. When the time is right, and when I know you're ready to handle it. As of right now, you are much too weak to know what it is, to understand it. But keep on searching, because you'll find the answers there...And when you've found them, come to me. And I'll complete my task that involves you."

Cerevantes remembered breakfast with the Guardian, and the important information that she gave to him... "She's dreaming of me, she can feel me but it is too far away for her to understand..Or know what it holds. I know..Because whenever she dreams of me it is a sense of nostalgia that bursts into my being."
Narrowing his eyes, he looked at Cordelia dead-on. "You're dreaming of her, that's good. But you're not going deep enough. Perhaps due to resistance, fear, maybe even a lack of control over that particular part of yourself." Cerevantes spoke, his voice a chilling, dark tone. "Dig deeper, then you'll be on your way to finding it all out. Our conversation is now over, you can leave." He turned back around. Closing his eyes and doing the same motion with his katana as before, pushing it up, and letting it slide back into the scabbard.
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
animegirl20 animegirl20

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png"That must of been some nightmare." Jian said. Suddenly Soma started freaking out and looking over to Riko who had his gun pointing at him. "Oh Calm down he won't shoot you just freaked him out when you screamed is all." As Riko was talking to Soma Jian started to study Soma. She didn't really know Soma to have nightmares that cause him to scream bloody hell like that. What was he dreaming about?...….

"Hey! Nice to see you this morning, how are you feeling?"

"Huh?" Jian looked up and realized he was talking to her. "Oh I'm feeling pretty energized actually." He then patted her head his hands running through her hair. She blushed slightly and smiled up at him.

"I didn't mean to startle him, I thought I could lay down for a few minutes, but I assume that didn't work!" "Glad I didn't get pumped with some lead today! Hahhaha!!"

"Haha yeah I'm sure you didn't....." Her smiled faded a little. "Speaking of your nightmare Soma I've been noticing.....you acting a little different recently and the way you screamed just now...I mean it was pretty terrifying probably why it spooked Riko so bad...You know Soma...If there is something going on or wrong you...you can always talk to me. Even if I don't have the solution for it at least you won't have to go through it alone. Plus it might help to talk about it. And don't tell me everything's fine and there's nothing wrong. You can't fool me Soma. I know something's up. I just wish you would tell me and not go through it alone."

Soma's wide grin had deflated into a solemn frown. Looking down at Jian, he sighed. "I can't talk about it..It's not something that..I can just talk about, it wouldn't work. As much as I'd like help, there's nothing that can be done.. I must face it alone. As much as I'd rather not.. That's just how it's gotta be. Just make sure you have my back, no matter what." Soma said softly, patting her head a few more times before looking up into the sky, a few beads of snow plopping on his face.
"The snow is nice this year-round. We might get more than one inch this time, haha!" Soma smirked, sticking his tongue out to let a few snowflakes drop onto his tongue.
Right after he had a small helping of flakes, he picked up some snow, molded it into a ball and threw it at one of the dummies to test out how his aim was. Still hit dead-center. Perfect on the dummy's heart. "Strike. Hahahah!" Soma slipped his hands into his pockets, satisfied that his aim hadn't gone stale since his old gun had been destroyed by the battle with Cerevantes..Which reminded him, the training he has been doing was all leading up to their rematch. He was ready, at least he told to himself. Though in reality, if he did not at least acknowledge his demonic blood then he would be much too weak to face off against Cerevantes.

~The Memories of Joseph Vale~

While he spoke to Irvi, the memories of his younger days had resurfaced hard. Young Joseph was a tall man, with long, flowing black hair in his youth, his eyes crimson red, and he kept his iconic goatee even in youth. Joseph was a man with certain tastes back when he was a General, and wore thick, black steel armor. Adding his own style to his armor, was a thick black cape, torn from warfare and traveling. Back then he was considered the most ruthless of his Clan, and a true prodigy among all. He would have ascended the throne if he hadn't declined the offer, much more liking to be on the front lines with his men.
Young Joseph was brash, impatient, and intimidating. He had the power to boot, once he had used his aura to hurt, and cause immense pain to his men when they did not follow orders, nearly resulting in 1,000 deaths in his personal army.
Joseph was friends with 2 other Generals, a young woman with white hair, who would usually style her hair in a bun and slide a gold, metal hair stick in it. Her eyes were a pale blue, and she was his senior. Althought, they decided to hell with ranking, and became friends more or less. Joseph had heard rumors that she was related to Lucifer's secret Clan. He never questioned it, thinking it much too personal to ask.
The other, was an Egyptian Male, adorned with a Pharaoh's get-up, who was his junior. He treated this young man much like he would for his senior, whose name was Luna.

While raiding another village, something sparked in Joseph that he had never felt before. Taking it upon himself, he ordered his men to stop, return to their posts...As he would investiage the now burning village. In that village he found a small girl, crying alone and forgotten. Joseph stared down at the child, and his heart sank. But wait, what was he thinking? His "Heart" sank? How could this possibly be. He did not have one, he was the second strongest General ever known in Hell. He could conquer continets if he wanted to! What was one child's tears to his dark heart? Without hesitation in his words though, he allowed the child to hurry. Run and run as far as possible. The events that followed would seal Joseph's fate.

Quick as anything, the few weeks after the raid, three of his soldiers noticed the General sneaking the child off to safety. When he would not act, these 3 soldiers decided to take matters into their own hands. They could have killed that child, become stronger! To them, Joseph was beginning to lose his edge as a General and they did not want to yield to his weakness. Taking over the throne within a month after the raid, they banished Joseph to Earth. Joseph would remember the sorrow on Luna's face as she watched his banishment...He could remember seeing Luna pregnant, he wished he could have given her some sort of congratulations...

The years spent on Earth were gruesome, and he had to grow accustomed to the multiple ways Humans were..When time came for Joseph to finally stand up against his banishment, the rebellion began, and it was a success, except for the sacrifices it held. Many lives were lost, and Joseph held that burden over his heart, but he never regretted his actions. The day of the closing of the Hell Gate, he would see Luna one last time, she had sent two, white haired children through the Gate before Joseph had closed it, and he did not try to stop it. They were friends, and he could never hope to hurt her. He also remembered a young woman having thrown her own child through the gate. He swore he never met her before, but he could feel the dreadful sorrow she had as she threw her baby through the Gates.

Even now, Joseph could remember the pink hair that woman had, and her robes she wore. The tears that seemed endless as she gave up the one thing she seemed to have in this world..​
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Last edited:
Riko Miracus

Riko slowly reverted his eye back to Soma. Although he didn't stare directly into the demon. Riko had a dead facial expression that could level the coldness of the snow. Riko is really in a bad mood for getting interrupted badly. Learning to forgive was one of the lessons he learned at the library during his self studies. Riko has really come a long way on academic knowledge. All he knew back then was nothing but violence and stealing. Now he had a new life and he will retain it. Riko was more focused on getting stronger rather than bonding with the other hunters of Cerberus Vale. Riko wonder he seems to be acting like a hot head so early in the morning. Riko had quite enough of training for now. He is too hot headed to train. Riko rolled his eyes away from Soma and decided to walk away without saying anything. He had made a quiet snarl behind Soma before he left. The snow is slowly helping him cool down for a few minutes. Riko left the training grounds to Soma and Jian and decided to head towards to Mansion. He got a little lost since he mistaken a path that he thought was the right one to lead back inside. Sadly, more snow stacked on his hat which he did not bother brush off. In the corner of Riko's eye, he found the sickly demon of Cerberus Vale, Sayogoromo. Riko has never talked to the demon before. Although, he did talk to him upon being asked to run some errands but never something as a personal bond. Riko was too hot headed to train and an idea bloomed on his head. Why not talk to him. He seems like the type of individual to learn from. Riko was always astonished by Sayogoromo's fashion taste. It's something that he has never seen before and it's so out of Bordova, atleast to Riko. His fashion made him stood out in the snow,especially his parasol.

Riko slowly approached the demon. The white snow made crushing noises under his boots, giving his location away to him. Riko's face had a gentle and sincere face as he approached Sayogoromo. Riko took a few steps forward towards the sickly looking Hunter. Riko came into a complete stop and kneels on both of his knees against the cold snowy surface of the ground, he was 3 feet away from him. For some reason Riko didn't realized he done something he has never done before. Greeting like this is something he never did but for some reason. He had a feeling that this should be the right way to greet Sayogoromo. Riko gave him a gentle stare, for a whole minute he did not speak. One might be wondering if Riko was wondering why Sayogoromo seems to look like a woman to him but the real reason is that he wanted to let Sayogoromo acknowledge his presence. "Excuse me, Mr. Sayogoromo... Can we talk for a while?" He asked the kimono clad hunter, politely.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu
Cerberus Vale Mansion

The steady pace which he walked at slowed until he was standing perfectly still under the falling snow. The sound of voices echoed around the grounds, faint and indistinguishable words that were just loud enough to be noticed. Looking around carefully, Sayogoromo quickly checked the mansion windows and the space surrounding the home for enemies. “Never a dull moment with these people.” He sighed after he saw no threats present and the noise seemed to die down until it was virtually silent once more. Glancing back at the trail of snowy tracks, Sayogoromo paused for a moment longer and considered staying in outside. It wouldn't take long for all this beauty to vanish and he wouldn't have had the chance to enjoy it to the fullest. Turning back around, the black-haired demon's kimono twisted around his ankles. With his eyes turned upward he started to watch the snowflakes in their uncoordinated descent to the ground.

After a few minutes to lose himself in the weather, the sound of footsteps drew, Sayogoromo back to the real world. Whoever it was, they weren't, Soma. He was never capable of self control and would have ran or called out. When the steps came to an end, Sayogoromo turned around slowly, first looking back over his shoulder and then turning fully. His eyes narrowed upon the familiar face, hiding his confusion at the current situation as he stared down at the much younger hunter.

“Riko.” He had made very little attempt to converse with the two newest recruits so this was a surprise. Even more so when he considered the way he sometimes tried to set himself apart from the others. “Certainly.” Sayogoromo briefly looked over the young hunter and took in his appearance while he recounted what he knew of, Riko. “What's on your mind and what are you doing down there?”

Irvi listened intently to the story, not daring to interrupt the tale. Her face scrunched up a little in a frown when the old demon said he'd once been like the other meanie-demons. He didn't look like he could hurt a fly! Well, no, maybe not, he seemed capable of real powerful stuff, but that wasn't the point. Questions began to build up within her, and briefly she wondered who that little girl was and what she decided to do with her life. Until her attention got swept away by the other details of Joseph's narrative, at least.

The story made her a little sad, even though she knew it currently had a happy ending. "I'm sorry about your brother..." Irvi said quietly, pushing away her questions and left unsure of what to say. So, she acted instead. Picking up one of the little marigolds at her side, she leaned forward and tucked it behind his ear like she'd done with Riko way back when in the garden. It was something her auntie used to do whenever she was upset about something, even though they'd never grown many flowers at home. Irvi had always wondered where she'd gotten them from, when she'd reach into a drawer and pluck out blossoms as though they simply came out of thin air. Yet, whenever the little girl looked in the drawer, there'd been nothing but clothes.

"You don't have to worry about that Soma I'll always have your back." Jian looked around her seeing the snow flakes fall and the snow start to build up. She then glanced at Soma watching him trying to catch snow flakes on his tongue and throwing a snowball at the dummy. Jian now kind of wished she hadn't asked about it. Whatever it was seemed to be waying his mind down....maybe she could help him forgetting about it for a little bit. Jian suddenly bent down and made a snow ball of her own and then looked over at the same dummy and got ready to try to hit the same target but instead of the snowball hitting the dummy it hit Soma in the back of the head "Whoops Bad aim." She said smirking. And there was new snowball in her hand.

Riko Miracus

Riko looked back up to Sayogoromo with his head up. Sayogoromo is really giving that majestic attire life in it. Riko didn't understand why the pure clothing of the malnourished hunter made him so awestruck. Riko didn't came here for that matter, in fact he came to ask them a rather simple set of questions. The boy stood up in front of Sayogoromo while small specks of snow fell of from his shoulders and cap. "I wanted to drop by to see if you are okay. How are you today?" He said politely with a small bow. Following Jospeh's examples and teachings. It's always better to treat those older than him, respect. Even if they don't return the favor. Riko just happened to stumble upon Sayogoromo by accident but it's not really a bad thing. This could be his chance that he gets to know Sayogoromo. It's been three months since he lived in Cerberus Vale yet he doesn't really know who actually lives there. "May i ask you the first question? Why did you join in the first place? I know it maybe personal but you can just call it a pass if it's a sensitive topic." Riko's oral communication has truly improve since he talks more loud and clear now. He doesn't seem to sound like he was just some kind of artificial human, he actually speaks naturally now. Comparing back then, he just listens without reacting. A bit of that nature is still in him.

Riko looked down to the snowy ground as he prepared his next question. "What does it take to truly become a real hunter? I'm curious, it's been rattling me lately... I kinda wanted to ask you since well, you already have faced what's out there." Riko's second question seems to be a a lot less personal this time. He wanted to hear it from an actual hunter rather than by the book. "Also what kind of clothing are you wearing Mr. Sayogoromo? It looks very nice and well tailored. I've never seen anything like it before. You always wear the same fashion almost everyday." Riko's last question seems to be rather very irrelevant from his first two questions. Riko's face looks so calm but he expresses himself normally like any other human being.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu
Cerberus Vale Mansion

The lift?e hunter had a plethora of questions, all of which bombarded, Sayogoromo and slightly irritated him. It was only after realizing the other's intentions that he reigned his emotions in. A smile stretched across, Sayogoromo's face, warm and modest as he looked to the curious human. Noticing the other bow, Sayogoromo tilted his head forward at a slight angle and closed his eyes for the briefest of moments. “If I had known you'd make inquiries of my health, I would have befriended you long ago, Riko.” A soft chuckle escaped the demon and he shook his head, smiling happily still. “I'm well, just enjoying the freshly fallen snow and the nice breeze.” Sayogoromo's right arm extended outward, arcing to his side while his open palm caught a few of the delicate snowflakes. The sleeve of his kimono hung from his arm, dangling in the air.

With his eyes still focused on the weather, Sayogoromo proceeded to answer the next question. “I joined the hunters because it was the best way for me to survive.” While he wasn't very secretive about his past, it was a long story that he didn't feel like getting into. His current situation also made reminiscing quite frustrating. The question that followed took him by surprise. It had been a while since someone asked him for any meaningful advice. “Well…” Sayogoromo turned away for a moment, putting Riko on his right side while he looked off into the distance and thought back on his missions. “I would say that the most important thing would be to follow your gut.” He looked down at the smaller hunter and nodded his head. “In the middle kf battle, it will! Never steer you wrong.”

Raising his right arm up again, Sayogoromo displayed his kimono as best he could and grinned from ear to ear a he did so. “True I wear a kimono everyday, but I switch between the different types that I wear. I ma!e themselves too, which is why they're a?ways well-tailored. I'm surprised this is new to you, then again it has been decades since I took note of the current cu!tures of, Bordova.” Sayogoromo leaned his parasol against his shoulder and signed softly as he took a minute to think about what might have changed in society.

Regaining his focus and turning jt back to, Riko, Sayogoromo smirked. “Why did you join, Cerberus Vale and what do you have planned for you future? Do you plan to be a hunter for the rest of your life?”

Cordelia Zale
A Confusing Girl
Cordelia whistled as Cerevantes replied back. It seemed what the demon said about Vincent wasn’t an exaggeration; what he had said about her past was so accurate that it was scary. Moving on to how Cerevantes admitted his crime and accepting her gratitude, there wasn’t any clear sign of lying. However, the way he regarded Vincent was definitely not the way someone would talk about the goners.

As she suspected, Vincent was still alive. She didn’t know how he could survive while being publicly held a funeral like that, but he sure was planning something.

Up until that point, her unchanged smile was always intact no matter how wild her thought about Vincent ran, but as Cerevantes continued and the topic moved on to herself, the girl couldn’t help but express a genuine shock for the first time.

Wait... what do you mean by “a different task”? Ready for what!?

Her retort got answered by a cold glare and a reply that created more questions than it answered. Dreaming... of her? Fear... of myself...? What’s he even talking about...?

However, there’s one thing she was certain; this guy, and probably Vincent too, knew something about herself that she didn’t even know of. As the tall demon turned back, having no killing intents or whatsoever, Cordelia narrowed her eyes and readied her stance as though considering how she would attack him with the most efficiency. A short while later, she sighed. There's simply no opening, and if she couldn't at least incapacitate him in one strike, then there's no point in fighting with someone who could get away so easy.

"Fine, though I want to say something; staying here any longer and you will be welcomed warmly by all the hunters of Cerberus Vale!"

Having said that with the coldest tone possible, the figure of a girl in pink exploded into water. It didn't take long for those liquids to take shape of birds and disappeared into the forest. Before her consciousness fully returned to the table in the dining room, Cordelia decided to keep checking Cerevantes's whereabouts. While the one that should had the most impact for him, namely Joseph, wasn't here, she believed that someone like him wouldn't want to unnecessarily deal with all of them. In addition, he shouldn't even know about Joseph's trip...

Soma was hit in the back of the head with a snowball, and he knew just what this meant..Jian was challenging him to a snowball fight! And, all of his worries, his problems of his blood were whisked away in that moment. They would certainly return..But his family was able to push it all away in seconds. That's just how powerful they were to him. Those he kept close in his heart. He chuckled as he turned around to meet Jian head-on. A snowball held in his hand as well.
"Alright, I see how it is Jian..I challenge you!" He threw his snowball, swift as can be. Hopefully the snowball would hit her in the face, if not it would definitely peg her in the arm! Soma dashed off, rolling towards some cover, while making another few snowballs for the fight. No matter what would come of today, Soma could at least rest his weary mind for a few minutes. Deep down, he thanked Jian for taking his mind off of what he had been fighting over for months now..

Joseph Vale: Lord of the Vale

When he was finished, and his day-dreaming was over, Irvi had commented about his brother. Joseph gave a soft chuckle, looking down at his hands. "My brother? Pssh. If I ever saw him again he'd probably rub it in my face that he got to be the hero instead of me." Joseph laughed some, his brother was feisty, and was always wanting to prove his worth in some way, shape, or form. Being able to sacrifice himself for the greater good would probably give him just enough brownie points to rub it in Joseph's face if they ever crossed path's when Joseph would make his trip through death.
"I was young and stupid, back then I thought that being a powerful Demon was all that was to be. How wrong I was in my beliefs, though I do believe that it was not just by my own hand that my heart had a change. Perhaps someone pulled the strings of fate, seeing it right for me to change. I like to think that it yielded the best of outcomes. I have all of you as my family, and I am able to experience every day watching you all grow." Joseph smiled at Irvi. and as he did so, the carriage soon stopped. Looking out of the window, Joseph nodded. "We're at our destination, are you ready, Irvi?" Joseph returned his gaze towards the young girl, awaiting to see her next bold move in life take form.

He ignored the child as best as possible, but grew increasingly annoyed as she continued to blabber. At least her mother knew when he didn't want to talk anymore, and left him alone. Finally, the child left with a half-hearted threat. Opening his eyes he sighed to himself. "A welcome that won't end well for you all if you dare try.." He thought to himself, realizing that the child had finally left, he unsheated his sword. Beginning to sharpen it, minding his own business. He was only here for two things, keeping his eye on Sayogoromo, and ensuring that Cordelia would begin to "dream" of her mother more often. Hopefully what he spoke to her would kickstart the process. His family matter with Soma was of another concern that he wasn't occupied with at the moment. He knows that the clown is able to survive on his own. If not, then it just proved who the better of the two was. Cerevantes looked at the sun, narrowing his eyes. "I guess it's time to report back to her then.." With a swift cut in the air, Cerevantes slid into the portal, closing it just as he slid in..To meet up with the Guardian again

Jacques: Butler of the Vale

Brunch had begun, and knowing that Richter and Isaac were having a moment together. He decided to go outside, where both Riko and Sayogoromo were. "Brunch is ready, Master Riko, Master Sayogormo! Please come in and enjoy some food." He called out, and he was aware of the trip for Irvi, so he didn't mind Joseph not getting any food. BUT for good measure, he had made sure a package of food was set inside the carriage for Irvi after she paid her respects. Soma and Jian were out back, having a snowball fight when he checked on them. He decided to give the two lovebirds some time, Jian knew what time it was, same as Soma. Returning to the dinning room, he smiled at Cordelia. "You may eat, everyone else is busy, and or having fun. No need to worry yourself for the others."

Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

Riko Miracus

Gladly taking mental notes of Sayogoromo's answers. These will help him sometime in the future, learning of Sayogoromo and Cerberus Vale itself. He was satisfied of the results but he is still seeking for more knowledge. Riko was rather hungry knowledge lately. The snow continued to coat his head and shoulders. Riko was un-rattled by the cold which is why he didn't wear his coat so early in the morning. Sayogoromo was a strange one for Riko yet he respected him all the same. While listening to Sayogoromo. He took notice of Sayogoromo's style of outfit. Will that thing be comfortable to him, if he were the one to wear it? Silly question aside. Sayogoromo returned the questions he asked earlier. He already expected it so he took a deep breath and replied sincerely. "To be honest. I don't know how to answer all of those. I came here because i feel like i might get something peaceful in the point of my life here. Turn's out i'm far from the dream. I don't know what to do now. In all honesty, never before in my life i had planned things for myself. Others always make the choices for me. I just follow the plans, i hardly think of myself. If i were to become a hunter just like you, i think i just might find why i am born with special abilities... I don't know. I just don't know..." Riko's tone was softly becoming more quieter and quieter as he reached his last words. Riko's facial expressions stayed calm and cool but his tone tells a different story. He hardly noticed Jacques's call at the moment.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

rpnbanner1.jpg

“After that, Vincent decided to shut down the research facility, transformed it into a pawn shop for Jigram..I wasn't able to give them a funeral”

Isaac felt sick. It was bad enough that, despite his family’s unwavering innocence, they were given such a brutal death. But not being honored with at least a memorial? All this time, he’d been feeling sorry for himself while his family’s burnt remains were blowing away in the rain. The emptiness in his chest solidified into a steely anger. At himself. At Vincent. Maybe even at Richter, for not telling him sooner.

“Vincent can rot,” he spat without thinking. He couldn’t even blame Incana this time.

“Nobody knows of its existence...Even Vincent didn't know.”

Staring down at the book in his hands, he was struck by its significance. Not only was it the last thing left by his family, but it was likely the only clue to discovering what had happened to them. Hearing other members of the vale yelling over the thunk of snowballs, he immediately felt the urge to protect the book, and keep it safe. It felt like the secrecy of a diary, only doubled several times. Isaac tucked it carefully into the side of his waistband, where he could keep careful watch over the irreplaceable contents.

Still reeling from the news, he found it difficult to reconnect to the cheery, upbeat persona he’d been working so hard to develop.

“Sounds like we’re having brunch,” he said flatly, reminding himself of how he used to be with Incana. “You might as well join us, after traveling so far to get here.”

Part of him hoped the sweaty boy would turn down his offer, but it seemed out of line to ask him to leave.

The young man bit his lip hard, watching Isaac having to go through this was painful, Richter didn't feel like it was best to tell him about his father, and the times they spent together. At first, Richter and his father and mother were good friends to Richter, he could connect with them easily. When it came time that Richter became the Head of Jigram, he didn't get to spend time with them anymore. Memories of a younger Richter, ones he could cherish in such dark times.
When Isaac opened the offer for brunch, Richter touched his stomach, which on command, growled.
"If its not too much trouble...I..Guess I will indeed stay for brunch. " Ricther zoomed off, to avoid any more confrontation with Isaac. Slipping into the dining room where he saw Cordelia, he gave a sigh of relief, and put on the best smile he could "Hello...Cordelia! It's good to see you.." Richter spoke softly, sitting down in one of the empty seats before them.

Shirogane: The Venomous One

This demon wore the suit Vincent provided rather well, people of Bordova expected him to be of Royalty. Arriving into the Inner City, Shirogane went inside the Berhard Castle, and gave a soft smile to the mistress on duty for reception.
"Good day, is it not madame? I am an old friend to Vincent Bernhard.. I was traveling abroad until I heard the news, I had to return and pay my respects.. I do believe there was a cabin left to me in my absence, in the woods...Correct? I wish to mourn for 7 days alone.."

The mistress nodded in understanding, looking down into a large book that catalouged all people that lived in Bordova inside, she turned towards the contents where the outskirts of Bordova lay, whereupon nobody ever lived there. The forests of Bordova weren't very popular when one came to finding a home, cabins were built though, mostly for hunters to hole up in when they were on a trip. When the mistress found the name, it didn't quite turn out right on her tongue "A....Sayogor-"

She was cut off, by the young man. "Shirogane, Madame. I come from a foreign land where names are hard to pronounce, even more so our last names are said before our first." Shirogane smirked. "Vincent, understood. It's alright though, people make mistakes.." Snatching the keys from the lady's hand. He walked off with an unhinged grin.
"If I was ever related to him, then that would be quite the complication..Don't you think Alabaster?"

The wolf, who had been hiding within the man's shadow appeared as a black, burly dog. A disguise from its true form as a large wolf. "I care not about your past with that demon, we are simply here to work together. MY concerns are with that idiot human and that weakling of a demon who serves it. Making a mockery of our kind.." Alabaster gave a huff, to make it seem more dog-like as it strolled along with Shirogane.

ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia
animegirl20 animegirl20

Irvi looked down at her trousers, picking at the fabric as Joseph reminisced a little more on his younger years, and for a moment she tried to imagine what his brother must've been like. Was he anything like how Joseph was now? Or more like his older self? Maybe his brother was a nice little balance of those two separate times, or maybe someone completely different and separate. Would he have liked Cerberus? She didn't know, and probably never would, but it was still a bit fun to think about.

Her gaze drifted to the outside world as she listened to Joseph, the sights already beginning to look familiar to her. Vaguely, at least. She mostly remembered the now snowy scenery from when she was on her way to the Estate-- a time that seemed far away from her now. It felt like everything in her life had slowed down, like a year had gone by rather than four months. She frowned a little as that sunk in. Had it really only been four months since she'd seen her house? Four months since her aunt had... left. It was easier to think she had simply gone away on a trip, maybe to go off exploring or something, rather than what had actually happened. It was easier and more believable, in a horribly irrational sense, to think the older woman had simply decided to go off and become a swashbuckling pirate-- which sounded like a pretty awesome career switch in Irvi's opinion.

Blinking, she looked back at Joseph when he mentioned having everyone at the Estate as his family, smiling a little back at him but not saying anything. It felt like her heartbeat was in her throat the further the carriage carried them, her panic and grief welling up inside up her as the realization of what was about to happen finally hit her. Soon, she would have to say goodbye again. She would have to finally admit to herself that her "mother" hadn't run away to go become a famous pirate like the ones in the stories she had told Irvi, or any other excuse she might tell herself.

She reached for the flowers at her side as the carriage slowed to a stop, her body trembling, something she attempted to write off as her just being cold. Irvi nodded in response to Joseph's question, swallowing hard and carefully climbing out of the carriage as her face wrinkled a bit at the sudden blast of cold. She could already feel tears beginning to form in her eyes as she glanced around at their surroundings, and after a few moments Irvi forced herself to look at the snow dusted ground so she didn't just start bawling in public. Big girls don't cry. Auntie wouldn't want you crying.
She wiped her eyes on the sleeve of her hoodie, trying to pass it off as a forehead scratch, before hesitantly glancing back at Joseph as she searched for the courage to move forward.

And then she forced her legs to move, pushing her thoughts aside as she led the way down the little pathway that felt uncomfortably too familiar to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back