• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil

The demon was spotted no less, but he didn't care. Sayogoromo was no match for him, and despite his little tricks. It wouldn't serve him in this confrontation. Standing up, the devil exhaled, a soft mist forming over his breath. His body shifted from one space to another almost instantly, standing behind Sayogoromo and placing the butt of his katana against Sayogoromo's back. "Your toy fans, will not help you. I do not intend to fight, but I will kill you if you raise your weapons upon me, I will show no mercy unlike I did to Soma, my brother." The demon cared little of keeping his brotherhood between Soma a secret, It was clear that they both were related, just from the face one could definitely tell they looked alike. One, though had a more hardened, stern and scowling face. Silver hair slicked back, serious-like. The other, more wild, fun-loving, stylish. Hair a thick mess of silver. "I am here to simply keep an eye on things. no more, no less." The demon removed the butt of his katana from Sayogoromo's back. Leaning back against a wall.

Soma: White Haired Devil

Soma nodded to Irvi, tapping the sword over his shoulder. "Aayup! Follow me young ones!" He turned around, running off towards a staircase chiseled into the rocky form that extended down to the beach. Upon arrival, Riko and Irvi would see a large den filled with a furnace of sort, anvils and hammers scattered all over the place. As well as a muscular, dwarf of a man. Waddling here and there, cursing a high storm under his breath. Dreadlocks tied up into a ponytail and a bandanna wrapped around his forehead. He was a lively creature, and was certainly an interesting character. This man was Ezekiel, the blacksmith of the family. This man was indeed a dwarf, finding work with the Vale after he traveled to Bordova by request of Joseph, whom himself had a good relationship with the Dwarven Kingdom hidden within the mystical realms.​
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Svisttt Svisttt

Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
Silver Moon Festival

The demon was fast, faster than any demon, Sayogoromo had ever seen. He hadn’t even managed to turn around before there was a voice and a blade at his back.still as a mannequin. He listened carefully to the stranger’s words while he held his fan firmly in his grasp, although he would not use it. He was too baffled by the new. Could it be possible that Joseph had forsaken Soma’s sibling, but for what reason. As the sword left his back and the man moved away, Sayogoromo felt his chest tighten, as if a hand had wrapped itself around his lungs. He winced at the discomfort and gritted his teeth as his left hand went up on the alley wall. A moment of weakness just after being threatened by a potential foe, it was not a good omen for him. However, he composed himself and turned to see the face that so resembled the son of Cerberus Vale.

“The resemblance is uncanny.” Sayogoromo forced a smile to his pained face and chuckled quietly. He kept his blade drawn, even though it would do him any good. “If you’re keeping an eye on things it must mean you’re not done with the hunters of Cerberus Vale. Or with your brother at least.” Sayogoromo let his eyes run over thee man and examine his form. He did look like he could be responsible for the damage done to, Soma. “If we are your enemies, then why speak to me?” When a human passed by the alley, Sayogoromo’s eyes darted up to watch the man walk by. The others were still out there somewhere. “You also weren’t doing the best job of hiding. If anyone else had noticed you, they would have told all of Bordova.” Sayogoromo put his knife away and moved to stand in front of the other demon. He smirked playfully as his left hand slowly reached out to caress the demon’s arm. He held his sake in his right hand and looked out at the street.
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi
003958E6-FDA2-4766-9763-B09FF3F48F71.jpeg785B6EFB-0A59-4CCE-B30F-C85C4863CEDA.jpeg

"Aayup! Follow me young ones!"

Irvi gave Riko a mildly spooked little glance, before shrugging a bit and trailing after the mummy man. After her anxiety wore away, she started to have fun running after Soma and getting a look at the area around the house. The beach was lovely and the sea was particularly nice to look at, although Irvi was pretty positive she'd gotten sand in her slightly too small shoes by the time they came to the place Soma wanted to show them.

She held the door open for Riko as they stepped inside, and she heard the little place's resident before she saw him. Irvi's head tilted slightly as she saw a rather short man pacing around and swearing like a sailor, as her aunt would say. Her aunt didn't like swearing very much- said it was naughty and would stick a bar of soap in Irvi's mouth if she even said damn, or hell. Which Irvi didn't really consider to be very bad, she'd certainly heard her aunt say much worse when people came to the door with bills or other rather unpleasant things, although that seemed like nothing compared to what the little man waddling around was saying.

"M-mister friend of mummy man!" Irvi squeaked quietly while tugging at the hem of her hoodie, trying to be stern like her auntie but likely failing, "Swearing isn't good, you know!"

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Riko Miracus

Not much reaction is expected from this boy. He is totally silent and doesn't bother to talking. Not even a small acknowledgement. It's annoying for some. Riko is truly quiet. One might even questionif he is really okay or is he completely different being. Putting that aside. Riko continued ro follow along Soma and Irvi. He was lagging behind due to how sluggish he walks. Riko lets his gun held tight in his hand. It is a mystery wheter Riko is right handed or left. He seens to have ignored Irvi's service of letting him through first. In fact he has been ignoring Irvi. Is he mad? Is he really that simple monded? Who knows but Riko is surely not even showing comfort towards himself.

Taking a closer and more focused observance. Riko seems to be stressed out. His eye brows shows stress and he seems to be slightly slouched. Riko doesn't seem to be enjoying the moment right now. Riko felt like sleeping in his room again. He would do it but it seems like theres too many people would notice his leave. He didn't seem to mind the fact that he is about to meet a very important person in the entire family. It was a dwarf man. Your typical blacksmith. Riko gave a gloomy stare towards the dwarf. Riko kept holding onto his gun. Like he wants to shoot the dwarf for mysterious reasons. Riko just wasn't the same. He glanced over Irvi for a short period of time before looking back to the dwarf. Waiting for him to realise their presence.

Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil

Sayogoromo was the sickly one indeed, though he wasn't surprised by it. He did feel a tinge of sorrow for the demon, but not enough to help him. The hand on his arm didn't bother him much, it only seemed to make the demon scowl more though. "The Hunters of Vale are none of my concern, nor are you my enemies. My brother is a little stubborn and resistant to the idea of becoming who he truly is meant to be, but I will bring him to his senses soon enough. I care little about anything that involves the human world, my enemies are within Hell. Whether someone saw me or not doesn't matter, if I find them to be a threat I would have just cut them down. Sadly, none of your allies are anywhere close to being a problem for me. Even your retired leader, who's aura boasts incredible power for an old demon." Cerevantes didn't seem to be joking either, Joseph was probably a powerful demon among the family, but there were beings far more powerful than him still.. Though a Devil so young, being so powerful was a little scary in itself. The demon turned around, looking out towards the end of the alleyway and towards the light out to the streets. "Time to take my leave, Soma and I will fight again. And if he hasn't changed his heart since then, I will make sure his life is ended.." Cerevantes disappeared with those words, his tone seemed almost upset to think that as a possibility. Leaving Sayogoromo to himself in the alley.

Joseph: Lord of the Vale

Joseph had felt something odd around the festival, something that rubbed him the wrong way... He made his way to Isaac, and Jian. "We need to leave, now..We must get Sayogoromo, Cordelia is off doing important business...But it does not feel safe here anymore. And I fear something is watching over us."
Joseph turned his head lightly to all the people, they didn't seem to care much for the group, but he felt something..It did not sit well with him either. "We must return home, first we must find Sayogoromo.."

Ezekiel: Blacksmith

The dwarf looked up as Irvi spoke out to him, he blushed in embarrassment. "Oh dearie me...I'm sorry lass, didn't mean to curse in front of a lady, my bad. You must be Irvi Tills eh? Name's Ezekiel! Pleasure to meet you." Ezekiel gave a small bow to the young lady. "And you must be Riko Miracus, that ole' peacemaker you got there is a little outdated for my tastes young man, mayhaps I could fix it up for ya, as well as pack it with monster-killing power, aye!" Ezekiel gave a hearty laugh. Thrusting a hammer onto his shoulder, looking on over to Soma. "Ahh, it seems you're teaching the little ones today is that it? I can barely believe it! Ahahaha!!" Ezekiel laughed once more, slapping his chest. Ezekiel seemed cheerful, no matter the case. Soot covered all over his body, sweat and patches of burn marks as well. He worked tirelessly all day and night, providing supplies to the Hunters in abundance.

"HA! You got yelled at, Ezekiel! And yeah, but these kids are really cool either way! I can tell they'll be great Hunters. They've got the stuff, and that to me is what matters most."
Soma seemed to hold a high regard for the new recruits, maybe the others didn't seem to think very much of them, but it seemed Soma knew where potential was and what it could mold into. Though his attention was with everyone in the area, his mind was aware that there had been spies, or some sort of soldiers snooping around at the front of the building for a time. But they decided to leave just as quick as they had come. He felt that something was wrong, but decided to put it aside to ease the others around him. At least these soldiers had left, or he would have had to go all the way back to the front of the building and confront them.
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Svisttt Svisttt

rpnbanner1.jpg

Isaac nodded, listening solemn faced to Jian as she explained what had happened. “Damn,” he empathized, rubbing his arm. He could only imagine how intense it’d be to face a being that caused so much damage to your life. Isaac had always thought of the Vale as a service to the community- taking on the demons that threatened the everyday life of civilians. But the longer he spent here, the more he realized the support it provided to the members. Incana sighed heavily, judging the sentimental thoughts.

“Well, good for you,” he muttered, trying to not sound too sappy. “It’s good that you were able to close that chapter in your life. Not that you’ve been able to move on some, you can focus even more on doing the same for others.” Incana coiled in his head, tempting him to say something rude and insensitive. Digging his fingernails into his palm, he resisted that urge. He was saved by the sudden approach of Joseph, who had an urgent air about him.

“But it does not feel safe here anymore. And I fear something is watching over us."

Joseph wasn’t the type to be dramatic over a situation, so Isaac wasted no time in rising to his feet. “I could’ve sworn I saw Sayogoromo recently,” he speculated, stretching onto his toes to try to see over the heads passing by. “But it also could’ve been a finely dressed woman,” he admitted a little sheepishly. “I couldn’t really tell.” He’d been bumped and twisted through the crowd enough today that he didn’t care for the comfort of those around him. Shoving his way through, he began pulling open shop curtains, interrupting more than one lovestruck couple. Muttering an apology, he started calling out for him.

“SAYOGOROMO!” He hollered, not thinking about the fact that Joseph just warned them about being watched. “YO, MO, WHERE'D YOU RUN OFF TO?”

animegirl20 animegirl20 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
Silver Moon Festival

This demon, he was very cocky and nothing about his words or demeanor suggested that he was underestimating them. Sayogoromo often read people and was able to determine things about the person based on their behavior. The being before him displayed strength and an unwavering certainty in his own power. The conversation made, Sayogoromo’s blood run cold. His body tensed up as he stepped back from the Soma doppelgänger and looked him over once more. The smart thing to do would be to take care of this problem before it manifested into something uncontrollable. That thought never crossed, Sayogoromo’s mind though. What chance did he stand against someone with such speed and the confidence to declare himself, Joseph’s better. The fear was crippling and even when the man vanished, Sayogoromo found himself still paralyzed.
What freed him from his panic was his sudden struggle for air. Again his chest tightened and he struggled to suppress another coughing fit. However, as he crouched down in the alley, blood seeped out of the corners of his mouth while he kept his mouth close.

The pain surged through his body and his bottle of sake hit the floor, shattering upon impact. Sayyogoromo’s mind wandered, guided by the pain, back to the days before the sickness. He hunted humans with ease,lived a comfortable life, and that was all he wanted again. When he heard the laughter of a couple passing by, his eyes slowly opened and the pool of tears he had held back, fell to his kimono. “I...can’t…anymore.” Slowly, the flesh started to disintegrate from around his fingers,, leaving only the aged bones underneath. His over the top hairstyle began to unravel, golden trinkets hitting the floor one after another. For fifty years he had followed the rules of Cerberus Vale, it was easier for some to forsake their true nature. Shaking and unsteady, Sayogoromo rose to his feet. Tendrils of hair fanned out in the air around him and he hacked up a bit more blood. “I will not suffer…” His voice was unlike its usual tone, this was monstrous, much deeper and each word resounded off of itself. But a voice overlapped the pain that coursed through every inch of his body and as he lifted his head to look out at the street, the light revealed a partially skeletal face. With deep, uneven breaths, Sayogoromo restrained his desires and allowed himself to hack up more blood. “Argh…” He fell back against the wall and slid down to the floor. The shallowest breaths caused him to tremble while his face reconstructed itself his his hand reappeared.

We’re doomed.” He whispered to himself before he looked to the street once more. Isaac was the voice he heard, but what good would a human be in this moment. The blood that streamed d down his jaw to his neck was a sign of internal pain. His weakened body wouldn’t produce enough noise to be heard over the festival. Besides, he was too tired to call out or move. Against his will, Sayogoromo’s eyes sealed themselves shut and his breathing became even more shallow.
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb animegirl20 animegirl20
9C19B25A-E520-4D84-B7C9-08F1243DEA6B.jpeg9D81CE9A-44A8-47D2-A121-7FB3550F68C1.jpeg

Just as Isaac started to yell, colorless water leaped from the ground near the group. A portion of them even made a sudden stop right next to his face, as if saying “just shut up already” After a while, a hovering arrow was formed, pointing to a certain direction. As if concerned by the statement that something was watching them, the transparent sign lasted only a few seconds before falling on the ground again, leaving no traces of any water on it. For ordinary people who happened to see that brief moment, it might occurred to them that they were seeing things, but the hunters who were familiar with that sight would beg to differ.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb animegirl20 animegirl20

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian noticed Isaac beginning to tense up. That seemed to be something he did whenever Incana was trying to make him do or say something. But before Jian could say anything Joseph appeared and he seemed up set.

We need to leave, now..We must get Sayogoromo, Cordelia is off doing important business...But it does not feel safe here anymore. And I fear something is watching over us." "We must return home, first we must find Sayogoromo

Jian nodded though she hadn't seen Sayogoromo. She watched as Isaac stood up and began to search for him and Jian sat there trying to think of where might of went. But then she noticed a formed of water hovering and then suddenly disappearing. Cordelia. Jian stood up and headed towards the direction. While looking she passed a alleyway but then stopped when she and looked back. She thought she saw something from the corner of her eye. Jian looked down the allwayway to see Sayogoromo and he did not look good. She yelled towards the other two. "Guys I found him!" She then ran to Sayogoromo's side. His eyes were shut and he had shallow breathing. "Sayogoromo!.....Come on open your eyes we are going home now." This would be a really good time for Jacques to appear. She peaked her head back out. "Guys he looks really bad! Hurry up!" She yelled out basically telling them to get a move on.
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Attachments

• Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_Civilian_Clothes_(DW9).png
    640.5 KB · Views: 0

rpnbanner1.jpg

"Guys he looks really bad! Hurry up!"

Catching wind of Jian’s yell, Isaac followed the direction of her voice, nearly taking out a small group of tourists. Gawking after him, they protested something he didn’t bother to stop and hear. Careening around the corner, his chest sank when he saw Jian and Sayogoromo. Was he even alive? The demon was unconscious, laid out on the ground, and a closer look revealed a spattering a blood.

“God. Was he attacked?” Isaac breathed, joining Jian. He gingerly pushed aside Sayogoromo’s hair, looking for and cuts or gashes. Not finding any, he was mystified as to what had happened. “Was there anybody around when you found him?” Isaac questioned Jian, swiveling around to look for attackers. “Joseph mentioned us being watched, you don’t think that-” he felt sick. They needed Joseph, and soon.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars animegirl20 animegirl20 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Severia Severia

Irvi watched as Ezekiel introduced himself and spoke to Riko, and started to tug at one of the sleeves of her hoodie as Soma started talking about them. She looked down at the dust and soot covered floor to hide her reddened face and the small smile that had started to appear. She liked compliments- although she never felt like she deserved them, especially of late. She didn't think she deserved a lot of things, like the opportunity to be here at the house. What right did she have to just stumble into these people's lives? Did it even really matter?

The young girl peered around the room, her gaze unable to focus on just one thing. Eventually, feeling a little overwhelmed, she looked at the three boys in the room with her before glancing down at her feet and mumbling, "Ahh... it's-it's nice meeting you Ezekiel! I'm gonna wait outside..." She smiled at the short man and gave the other two boys a little wave before quickly shuffling out the door.

She breathed a sigh of relief when the air hit her face, even if it felt a bit cold to her. She shouldn't be surprised- she always felt a tad cold. Irvi walked a bit forwards and plopped down to wait for Riko and Soma, drawing little doodles in the sand around her. She felt a little melancholic for some reason, and maybe that was just the excitement at the prospect of training wearing off. Irvi leaned back a bit, her arms behind her to support herself as she watched the sun gradually begin to set. "Are you sleepy Sun?" She quietly asked aloud, before lying down on her back to look at the sky.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Reveal of Main Antagonist

Having turned the corner to meet up with the others, he didn't seem to break his calm. A light glow wrapped around Joseph, and soon enough wrapped around the other members of the party. Sayogoromo especially, this was Joseph's third power, one rarely used unless necessary. This power would be able to keep his allies protected, constantly healed from damage, internal or external. But would also lull some to sleep. For Joseph, he made sure to use only enough to keep Isaac and Jian awake, for Sayogoromo, he would wish for him to sleep, for the power to take into affect more, while also levitating Sayogoromo's body to help keep up with everyone. "We need to get out of here, now. Sayogoromo's damage wasn't from another person...His infection flared it seems. The blood, if you can see, starts at his mouth." Joseph stood tall, looking around. "Jian, Isaac. Follow me." Joseph began to walk, confident that Cordelia would be okay by herself. "Once we get to Sanctum City, we will be alright. Keep to the alleyways, do not stop moving. I'll give Sayogoromo one of the artificial life orbs I have created for him, perhaps that'll help him." Joseph lead the way, not talking anymore. Focused on keeping his family alive now.

???: Mysterious Man

Laughter was heard throughout the darkness of the room. Echoing off the stone walls. The long pale hands rubbed the well excitedly. "Yes..Run along Cerberus Vale...The games we play, aren't they so fun?" The man continued to laugh as he dipped his hand into the unusual glowing liquid within the well. The sound of screams echoed from the well's unusual liquid, tortured souls that the man had caught. Slowly but surely his veins began to glow the same light blue color as the liquid. As if absorbing its power, and perhaps the souls he trapped within.. "Isaac Fowler.. A tragic hero.. He does not know the truth of his situation.." The man walked towards the desk, sitting down. "The day of his disappearance, his family was murdered, the research his parents did were wiped completely, and the school burned, re-built into something new. All traces of his family were reduced to ashes, and blown away..But I still hold a few pieces of your past..Isaac Fowler." With a flick of his wrist three skinless bodies formed from flames. They screamed in uncontrollable fear and pain.

The man silenced them with another flick of his wrist, stitching their mouths shut with a sort of ghostly energy. "The Fowler Family...Oh how fun it is to see you three again. Burned, stripped of flesh, all your humanly traits...Gone. Just reduced to a pile of bodies writhing in pain. I wish Isaac could see you again, it would break his mind entirely if he saw just how..horrible you all looked. Your souls weren't that difficult to capture, oh no. Isaac complicated things, I wanted his soul too but...Alas sometimes the stomach is too full to treat yourself to desert hm?" He stood up, lightly running one of his hands across the would-be cheek of Mr. Fowler. Then with a swiftness he plucked the eyeball of Mr. Fowler seamlessly, causing a tortured muffling of a scream. The man laughed loudly, pushing Mr. Fowler down and re-attaching the eyeball to the man, gruesomely at best. But since he controlled their souls, he could do as he pleased with them. Looking upon Mrs. Fowler, the man's unhinged grin was seen in the darkness. Walking towards the woman, he was probably about to torture her too before he was stopped by Cerevantes...

"Vincent, enough of your games. Let the Vale go for now, you will only complicate my goal if you continue your dumb cat and mouse chase. And let those souls return to your realm of torture."

Vincent Bernhard, head of the Bernhard Family turned to meet the gaze of his comrade. His light purple eyes shone amusement. He listened begrudingly though, snapping his fingers the three souls returned to the well. "You're no fun, Cerevantes. The festival is at its height, and the 5 families have disbanded for now.. Why not enjoy yourself?"

Cerevantes narrowed his eyes. "I have no time for your festivities. Soon, I will be able to kill off the three Lords of Hell. And when I return, my rematch with Soma will be at hand...I have important business to do. Playing games is ill advised for myself. But you seem to make up for that, now don't you?" Cerevantes said, not needing an answer.

Vincent Bernhard laughed as he walked up the steps to the door. Opening it slowly "My youngest sister is in need of my attention, we will continue this conversation later my comrade, I wish you the best in your travel to Hell. I will be bored listening to Roselia talk about her scientific discovieres.." He left Cerevantes to his business, the devil looking at the well with disgust before he returned to Hell.
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Last edited:

rpnbanner1.jpg

"Once we get to Sanctum City, we will be alright. Keep to the alleyways, do not stop moving. I'll give Sayogoromo one of the artificial life orbs I have created for him, perhaps that'll help him."

The relief of seeing Joseph was short lived. Listening, pale, as he explained the situation, Isaac felt panic settling in. While he knew Joseph’s powers were vast, how would they stand up against an ambush? Suddenly, all the laughing families and tourists looked suspicious, and his eyes flitted quickly between the groups. It was good that Sayogormo wasn’t attacked, but it didn’t mean he was in the clear. What if it was dangerous to transport him in that state? Torn between worry for his friend, and worry for his own safety, his heart raced. For once, he was happy when Icana slid into place, blocking out any of his personal emotions and collecting focus.

Following closely behind Joseph, Icana had him check over his shoulder every few moments. Stepping around a potentially loud pile of discarded cans, he stared at the energy generated by Joseph's abilities. It wasn’t every day that you got to witness such power up close. Curious, Incana posed a question. "What's got us running with our tails between our legs?" He hissed. "Why not stand and fight?"

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi LadyOfStars LadyOfStars animegirl20 animegirl20 Severia Severia

Riko Miracus

Every passing second Riko felt more irritated at the moment. His foot slightly tapping furiously and his eye moving around, glaring to everything. He folded his arms, trying to keep his composure . It is unknown or he is feeling hot right now. Riko lost his attention towards the conversation and looked down to the ground. His thoughts are clear and everything seems alright to him. He's not sick or anything. Thankfully he returned his attention to the dwarf named Ezikiel. Not a bad name for a forging master. Riko gave a sorrowful glare towards the dwarf upon hearing his name. "Please, just call me Riko. I'm not really fond of anyone saying my full name out loud." He politely replied to the dwarf. The Dwarf spoke further and Riko didn't seem to be fond of the topic. "Hmm? This?" Riko slowly looked down to his empty gun. "This... is nothing but a piece of scrap!" Out of the blue. Riko violently threw his pistol against one of Ezekiel's nearby anvil, causing loud metal-to-metal banging noise hitting against each other. Luckily the gun was perfectly intact and no trigger was fired. The gun was laying on top of the anvil quietly. Riko raised his voice in frustration. He still had his gentle aura on, atleast at the moment. "...A piece of scrap that i was forced to wield for the rest of my life! This... Thing is the reason why i am labelled an enemy among society! *Gasp* And thank you for noticing it's uselessness!" Riko pushed his negative emotion further to the Dwarf. His friendly aura disappeared at this moment. His negative side was on. Riko was like protesting at this heat of the moment. Rapidly pointing at the gun and shaking clenched fists

Riko seems to have slipped some of his bad side today. He really blames himself for venting out some of his anger on the wrong place and the wrong time. Riko felt ashamed of himself after slipping some negative energy of his own. He could tell that everyone must be staring at him in disappointment. He knows that this kind of behaviour is that what this place won't tolerate. So... "*Sigh* I'm sorry... I think i might be talking too much. My apologies, Master Soma and Ezekile." He humbly apologized.

Svisttt Svisttt Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Soma & Ezekiel: White Haired Devil & Family Blacksmith

Watching Irvi leave, he bid her a farewell of sorts, both men bid her farewell, and then returned their attention to Riko, who at the moment seemed more agitated by the moment. Finally, the young man burst out, first with his name. Which Ezekiel and Soma noted silently to themselves, and then...With the gun that Riko threw at the anvil. Ezekiel didn't seem to mind it hitting his anvil. But he did seem upset for the boy, waddling over to the anvil and picking up the gun. He sighed "Aye, boy. Sometimes dark memories can be cast within the metals of forged weaponry, but I assure you no craft is a piece of scrap. There is always something special about a forgemaster's creation." He set the gun down on a work-bench. He would tinker with it later. Waddling off to search for something.

As for Soma, he watched the young man, as well as his fury. Soma placed his hand on Riko's head, giving his head a nice rub, not enough to ruin his hair though. "Riko, I don't know what your past may contain, or why you'd be considered a menace to society..But I don't care about that at all, it's not important to me. But what I will say is, I care about you buddy, and I've got your back, always. We're a family now. I hope that counts for something!" Soma smiled softly.

Ezekiel returned, holding a large revolver, gleaming steel and a sleek brown handle. Handing it out to Riko "The wielder makes the weapon, young man. And sometimes, the weilder needs a weapon that aligns with who they are. This is one of my prototypes, if you wish to start anew, take up this weapon and serve the Vale. I'm sorry for speaking about your revolver, Master Riko." Ezekiel smiled to the young man.

Jacques: Butler of the Vale

Jacques was outside, as Irvi came out he smiled. "Hello there, Master Irvi. It is good to see you." He watched as she traced the sand, though did not hear her speak to the sun particularly. "How are you feeling with today? A lot will be taken in. The Festival must be at its finale." He sat down beside Irvi. "Though, the tour of the house will help you and Riko understand the place more, I think that'll be done for tomorrow. Soma will begin your training shortly."

Svisttt Svisttt

When Isaac came he started asking questions that she really couldn't answer but she had feeling this had to be his sickness and Joseph confirmed that as he came around and collected them. Jian wondered just exactly was happening Joseph seemed so worked up but there wasn't anything she could really do but followed him. Before she did though she went back to grab the stuffed sloth and then quickly followed Joseph. She glanced at Isaac as he asked what happening but she assumed, by the way the question was asked, it was Incana asking it. Though she was curious as well but thought best to ask questions later.
ebb ebb

Irvi jerked into a sitting position, a little surprised to suddenly hear a voice. She relaxed when she realized that it was just Jacques, although the girl was still a bit shocked she didn't even see him when she came out. Sneaky grandma? Irvi filed this away to the back of her mind- later she could further mull over her ever growing conspiracy of Jacques: The Grandma Ninja Butler.

"How are you feeling with today? A lot will be taken in. The Festival must be at its finale."

"I'm okay- excited." Irvi murmured, not exactly sounding the most enthusiastic as she spoke. She was pretty excited, though. She liked being here already, even though it'd only been a few days. "How are you?" Irvi pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them with one arm, using the other to trace a little cat in the sand. Although, it might've looked a little more like a potato with a tail and whiskers. Then again, that might as well be the average cat. Whisker potatoes.

"What's the festival like?" Irvi eventually asked, perking up a bit at the topic. She was a little sad she and Riko didn't get to go, but she understood why. She was looking forward to training and looking around the house, of course, but festivals seemed fun!

Riko Miracus

Riko closed both his eyes in shame. Thinking of what he has done at the moment. He added a face palm to his miserable sighing. Riko had made quite a scene right now. Luckily for him. Soma and Ezekiel didn't got on their bad side. Looking back to the dwarf with the same glare. Riko became humbly quiet as the dwarf and Soma lightened him up. It workked, just a little though. The dwarf held a shiny spanking new gun that he never knew that it will change his life. Of course, he hesitated to grab it at first because he doesn't feel like he deserves it. He looked at the gun, observing each detail of it. He noticed the writings on the cylinder but he thought it was just a design. Riko slowly reached his hand out to the gun. The touch of the grip was comfortable yet it is heavier than the gun he previously had. Riko has obtained a new weapon. Riko felt great and safd at the same time. Riko looked back to his family blacksmith with a grateful stare. "Thank you. For your wise words and everything, masters." He politely thanked with a short bow.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt

Without stopping his route, he turned to Isaac/Incana. His eyes had become tiny orbs, crimson red in the darkness of the alleyway. "You do not fight that which you do not know, cannot see, nor cannot understand. Death, will always be there to greet you. I fear that whatever this thing is, has an immeasurable amount of power that even I cannot understand. My knees buckle at its strength. As if thousands, no..Millions of souls are screaming out in pain, all of them being just a power-source for this entity. That's why we must leave. The Vale is the only place safe enough for us to be..We cannot fight here, we are unprepared. And a man down. Now let us move. We've made it to the border. Just a little bit more." Joseph continued on, leading the way through the alleys, he had been here for a long time, took time to understand the layout of each city. His skill being shown right now, and happily making it easier for the family to continue on. Joseph only hoped that Cordelia wasn't getting herself into something she wouldn't be able to get out of...

Jacques smiled at the potato cat. Thinking it rather simplistic, and nice. "That's good, being excited is fun. Kendo is also an amazing style of sword-fighting. I'm sure you will enjoy it, but it requires a lot of hardwork and dedication." He sighed softly, adjusting his monocle. "Well, the festival from what I've heard is rather, loud. Cramped, and hectic...But if you can look past that, you can see the beauty in it. The amazing lights, the fireworks, the smells. You can take in all of its beauty in seconds, but even then each time it comes back..It seems new all the time. The family rarely ever attends the festivals, and more-so because of Soma being the troublemaker he is, always ends up causing havoc for some odd reason. Though its not his fault I suppose, he is very...dense in some situations" Jacques chuckled, his hands in his pockets.

Soma & Ezekiel/Jacques: White Haired Devil & Family Blacksmith

Both men laughed, giving each other a slap on the back "No need to be so formal damn it!" They both said, Ezekiel returned to an anvil, smirking. "Just make sure to not let that gun go down a dark path, it is meant for good." He said, before ignoring the two men entirely and hammering away at a trinket. Soma turned to Riko "Alright, we got you suited up with a shiny new weapon, lets get going then, shall we?" Soma lead the way no less, slipping out of the tent. Telling Jacques its time to train the kids. Returning to the training field Soma stood and stretched a little. "Alright, Riko. I'll have you work with Jacques for now, he'll look into your skills with gunslinging. I've got to invest a little time in Irvi and teach her Gedan-No-Kamae."
With this, Jacques lead Riko to a target practice range. Multiple targets set up in odd areas, some even impossible to be able to shoot at without luck on your side. Though for the family, it would be easy considering they trained in various ways. "Master Riko, you are tasked with showing your skills with a gun. I have provided ammo for you, over at this table here. You are required to take out the first set of targets here." He pointed to a simple row of 5 dummies. "It is a novice level test, but it is required no less." Jacques said, before slipping out of the way for Riko to concentrate, and do his thing.

Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Riko Miracus

A short nod was all that Riko gave before he left the dwarf to follow Soma. Riko had to follow Soma to test his skills. Mostly the new gun. Keeping himself silent as he followed along Soma. Riko kept the dwarf's word. Later Riko had now have to train under Jacques supervision. Jacques oriented him to shoot the 5 dummies as part of his training which Riko followed correctly. Riko was now in training. Being supplied with training ammo. Riko filled the gun with the steel ammo ball. Riko reached for his trenchcoat's inner pocket for a small packet gunpowder left from his last journey outside. He made sure that the balls are rammed in place with rod included to the gun. He was all set at the moment now. Hammer has been primed down and all je has to do is aim. Riko aimed with both hands in each target. Riko's hands were unstable due to the gun's weight and size. He aimed at the first dummy. He was aiming between the neck and chest. Taking the first shot he has never done in months. Bang! A loud thunderous bang came off the gun. Riko took two un-intentional steps backwards due to the gun's outrageous recoil. Both of Riko's arms was bent 90 degrees from the ridiculous recoil power. Riko held a pistol before but he never had fired a gun this powerful before. Riko looked back to Jacques in surprise as he told him that "Umm... This weapon seems to strong..." He looked back to the second target and primed the gun again. He shot the 2nd dummy in the same spot but slightly farther to the left of the first shot. Riko continued with the same procedure with the rest. The 3rd one was a neck shot. The 4tj one was a chest shot. 3 inches away from the heart area. Each time he shoots a dummy. The nezt was getting trickier and trickier than the last. On the last dummy. Riko performed a swift double shot, sadly both missed the last dummy. Riko got carried away with the heavy weapon. "Hmph... Both missed..." He grumbled under his breath. Riko looked back to Jacques. Waiting for his opinion on his performance as his gun's fresh barrel smoked.

Irvi listened intently as the Ninja Grandma Jacques talked about the festival, trying to imagine what it's like. She scrawled the name 'Nomi' underneath the potato cat as she listened, smiling a bit to herself. Nomi the potato cat. Her handwriting was a messy set of scribbles, and the fact she was writing in sand didn't help its legibility.

"The family rarely ever attends the festivals, and more-so because of Soma being the troublemaker he is, always ends up causing havoc for some odd reason. Though its not his fault I suppose, he is very...dense in some situations"

Her head tilted slightly to the side at his description of Soma, wondering why Jacques would call him dense. And then... she remembered his rather... flamboyant nature from a few days ago. "He seems nice! Everyone here does! ...Sorta." Irvi chirped, about to say something else when Riko and Soma came back outside. She gave the boys a quick wave before giving Jacques a little hug, and then ran over to the other two excitedly. Goodbye Nomi! Irvi trailed after them, straying just a bit behind the two as they walked.

When they arrived back at the training grounds, Irvi drifted a bit closer to Soma, letting Riko go off with Jacques. As she waited to get started, she watched Riko fire off the shots, quickly learning to cover her ears against the loud banging sounds. She hesitantly uncovered them when Riko finished shooting and smiled a little. He seemed really good! He still seemed really young, though- Irvi didn't think he was much older than she was, so she was a little confused as to how he was already so talented at it. It wasn't her business though, and she was proud of him anyway.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Leading the family back to the mansion, Joseph sent Sayogoromo to his room. Laying him in bed, he made sure to allow the artificial life orbs to surround Sayogoromo and slowly seep into his being. Being absorbed into himself. Joseph would return to Isaac and Jian, looking at them "leave Soma with the kids for now, he is training them.. Get ready for dinner, I will make sure it's made." Joseph looked very stressed at the moment, almost irritated. Returning to his study, he sat down, running a hand through his hair, sighing.. Back to work, for him at least.

Smiling as Irvi got ready for the training, he started with explaining the low stance style ; Gedan-No-Kamae. Expanding on its usefullness in close-quarters combat or areas that are restrictive. The main weakness was that attack power wasn't the main reasoning behind this stance, instead it was intended to be used for deflection and creating openings. Setting himself into the stance, with the sword pointed low to the ground, and the body seemingly relaxed, one foot outward, while the other set behind it making a "L" Shape. He begun to instruct Irvi with movement while in the stance, letting her get a feel for the speed at which she would be weaving in and out of. After she would understand the movement, he would teach her then in the useage of the sword. Slowly slashing at the air to give her an understanding of how you would normally use it. Sometimes he would use her or himself as a demonstration of some movements or deflections with the sword, when Irvi would get it right by using Soma as a dummy, he would smile and tell her she did amazing. Today was just a day to train, to relax for Irvi and let her flow with the balance of Kendo.

Scratching his chin, he watched Riko with amusement. "You're very good at registering the recoil, despite how big it is for you. I find that amazing. The gun certainly is big, Ezekiel likes the idea of go big or go home at times." Jacques moved towards Riko, looking over his young form. "Your body is strong, very strong for a young boy...Naturally I would help strengthen your bones and your arms to alleviate the recoil's strength. But in this case, I think the runes make the problem." Swiping one of his fingers against the runic writing against the barrel, it disappeared ever so lightly. "Try it out this time, the runes were meant to give it a stronger explosion within the chamber. Mainly to fend off armored entities. But in this case you aren't fighting anything of that caliber." Jacques split into two, one of them bowing to Riko and leaving. Knowing that it was time to prepare dinner. While the real Jacques returned to his post, observing Riko during his training.
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
His bedroom

His unconscious journey home was filled with dreams, nightmares really, visions of his time spent scouring Bordova for a cure to his illness. That’s when it was at its worst; when he went days without food or rest and couldn’t go a few hours without feeling death’s cold grip upon his soul. The nightmares only continued with his initiation into, Cerberus Vale. Now he was a prisoner by choice and no closer to a cure or revenge. When the nightmares reached their worse however, he always heard a voice call out to him and bring him a moment of respite. He could not pout a name to the voice, but knew he had heard it before and was quite familiar with it as it was the only thing in the dreams which didn’t cause him pain. Thanks to, Joseph’s powers, the amount of pain that the younger demon endured seemed to lessen with time.

Upon their return to home, the nightmares ceased and, Sayogoromo felt an ease wash over himself. The comfort of his canopy bed, the nourishment from the artificial orbs, and the familiar decorations of his room all brought him relief. “Hah…” a soft gasp escaped him as his eyes opened slowly and searched his surroundings. He was indeed home now and finally able to bask in the peace and quiet. While the orbs were helping return his strength, his body had been ravaged by the poison curse and he was too weak to do much of anything. Laying there in his bed, he guessed at ways they had returned home, imagined how the festival might have ended, and hoped he didn’t look too bad when he was found. However, his fantasizing was cut short when he felt a presence in the dimly lit bedroom. “Who...is...here?” His ragged breaths produced shallow words, broken apart by gasps for air.

Vincent Bernhard: The Keeper of Souls, Head of the Bernhard Family.

The man had indeed held councel with his youngest sister, though to keep himself from being figured out too easily by prying eyes. He would split his soul in two, allowing a lifeless husk, known as a homunculi take over his duties with his sister. He had an interest in Sayogoromo right now, and Joseph was right..An entity was watching over them the whole time, that entity was him. All the way back to their home. Vincent wasn't spotted, he kept to the shadows, and found his chance to slip into Sayogoromo's room rather easily by shifting through the walls, almost as if he were a spectral being. Arriving in Sayogoromo's room unnoticed. He lightly clasped his hands against the end of the bed post. Grinning down at the now awakening Sayogoromo. "Why hello there...Sayogoromo...You look like you've hit rock bottom.. The illness is taking its toll, no? My dear Demon..I would hate to see you die off so soon.." The man walked towards the window, closing the shades so as to keep the room dark, and his identity a secret at most. "You're desperate, aren't you? You want to be free. Free of this mansion, of these people....What if I told you I know how to cure your illness..? But in order for me to cure your illness..To give you the antidote...You must do something for me, old boy.." He returned to Sayogoromo's bedside, running his long, thin, pale fingers against Sayogoromo's cheek, when he did so, a light blue energy wrapped around Sayogoromo's face, burrowing into the veins of his face, and slowly but surely...Torturing Sayogoromo. The pain felt similar to a burning sensation..But would be taken away just as quick, the man licking his lips softly. "You don't hold any allegiances to this family, do you? I know your type. You need not try and hide it my beautiful Demon... Kill Soma, you know if you were cured, and you returned to your old life..They would hunt you down just like any other demon, so why not strike them before they strike at you, hm? The cure is within the blood. My dear Sayogoromo... Soma's blood." He gripped Sayogoromo's cheeks in his hands, squeezing his face lightly. "Kill Soma...In doing that you take out one of the strongest members, and one of the only members that could possibly stop you in your return to your freedom..Destroy the Vale and be free, Sayogoromo.." He let go of Sayogoromo. Grinning, down at him. He turned on the lamp by his bed, showing his true identity. Vincent Bernhard. "I'm so sorry to wake you from your slumber... I must go though, I have a ship to catch to another country..You won't be seeing me for a while though.." He blew a kiss to Sayogoromo. Disappearing from the room entirely with a laugh that haunted the room..

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu:
His bedroom

The sudden voice was unknown and his vision was slightly blurred as his eyes searched in a dizzy yet frantic hurry. When they finally focused on the figure, the. Man had moved towards the windows and darkened the room even more. Who ever the stranger was, they knew his name and knew of his illness, which meant he was likely working with the man from the festival. The stranger gave him no time to respond, no chance to question anything he was saying. Or challenge his words. However, if these two people were connected then Sayogoromo was out of his league, again.as he laid still in his bed, his eyes followed the figure as he came closer. His heart started to race as he wondered if this might be the end of his life. When the hand touched his face and the pain coursed through him, Sayogoromo turned his his head away. “Argh.” But soon enough his face was grabbed a second time and the man was urging him to kill, Soma. He couldn’t remember the conversation he had in the alley, but it was about Soma as well. When the lamp was suddenly turned on and the light flooded his eyes, Sayogoromo winced, but even then he saw the face. Vincent Bernhard was their enemy, he was in their mansion. Sayogoromo’s eyes widened in shock for a brief moment as his weak arms forced him to sit upright. “No!” Before he could act, the man was gone. He had vanished.

The sick demon’s arms gave out under him and his head fell back down to his pillow. While he attempted to calm his nerves, Sayogoromo allowed himself to seriously consider the option laid before him. The cure he had waited fifty years for was right under his nose this entire time. He could be free and return to the life he deserved and with shady figures lurking everywhere, Joseph might meet his end as well. True freedom with no fear of consequences. The goal he wanted in reach now. But on the other hand, he had known Soma and Joseph for fifty long years. Cerberus Vale protected him from demons and humans alike when no one else would and they didn’t show any intentions on stopping. Now he only needed to make up his mind, were they family or a means to an end? With a heavy sigh, he closed his eyes and attempted to fall back asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back