• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

rpnbanner1.jpg

Entering the dining room after Richter, he gave Cordelia a terse nod. The persona he’d been putting on felt awkward and cumbersome, but they still had missions to complete. If he started moping and dragging his feet, he would be a hindrance. At the end of the day, being a hunter was his job, and he needed to hold himself to some level of professionalism. After the work he’d put into defeated Incana, slipping backwards would be a waste. He would deal with things on his own time, away from his peers.

Still feeling a little numb, he scooted up a chair.

Trying to enjoy his food, he forced a smile. “Hey Cordelia,” he mumbled through a mouth of food. “What’ve you been doing this morning? You disappeared for a moment there, anything up?” Finishing his bite, he sat back in his chair, trying to relax. “Do you know Richter already?” He asked curiously, glancing between the two. Keeping the conversation away from himself was wise. Plus, after his victory over Incana his relationship with Cordelia was far less… rocky. Turns out people like you more when you’re not sending rude comments their way.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Severia Severia @ anyone who might drop by to eat

Riko Miracus

Gladly taking mental notes of Sayogoromo's answers. These will help him sometime in the future, learning of Sayogoromo and Cerberus Vale itself. He was satisfied of the results but he is still seeking for more knowledge. Riko was rather hungry knowledge lately. The snow continued to coat his head and shoulders. Riko was un-rattled by the cold which is why he didn't wear his coat so early in the morning. Sayogoromo was a strange one for Riko yet he respected him all the same. While listening to Sayogoromo. He took notice of Sayogoromo's style of outfit. Will that thing be comfortable to him, if he were the one to wear it? Silly question aside. Sayogoromo returned the questions he asked earlier. He already expected it so he took a deep breath and replied sincerely. "To be honest. I don't know how to answer all of those. I came here because i feel like i might get something peaceful in the point of my life here. Turn's out i'm far from the dream. I don't know what to do now. In all honesty, never before in my life i had planned things for myself. Others always make the choices for me. I just follow the plans, i hardly think of myself. If i were to become a hunter just like you, i think i just might find why i am born with special abilities... I don't know. I just don't know..." Riko's tone was softly becoming more quieter and quieter as he reached his last words. Riko's facial expressions stayed calm and cool but his tone tells a different story. He hardly noticed Jacques's call at the moment.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Sayogoromo Seikatsu

Sayogoromo’s gaze crept over the snow covered ground, slowly moving towards the tree line while he listened to, Riko’s words and let them sink in. The young human was trouble, but then again, which of these mortal beings wasn’t? Their lives were far too short to discover the answers that they wanted. And their bodies were far too fragile to face the creatures that held the answers. Drawing in a deep breath, Sayogoromo sighed heavily and forced a grin to his face. He looked back to, Riko and shook his head. “As a much older person and a veteran hunter, I would suggest searching for your answers elsewhere, Riko. Your duty as a hunter is to, Bordova. There won’t be time to. Discover the truth to anything. And as a hunter, you’re always in danger, you may not live long enough to find those answers.”

Sayogoromo looked towards the mansion when he heard the voice of the butler. Whatever the old man was yelling just have been important to at least one of them. “It’s a difficult choice to make, but I recommend putting yourself first.” Shrugging his shoulders, Sayogoromo stepped. Around the small human and started toward the mansion. “No one else will care for your mission like you will.” His kimono dragged over the snow, leaving a light trail in his wake, along with the prints of his shoes.

“Think on it, Riko.” He adjusted his parasol so that it would block the sun from his eyes.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Jacques: Butler of the Vale

The old man had returned from his duties out in the great cities of Bordova. 3 Missions had arrived today, and all three seemed important. Considering one had Soma, Isaac, and Sayogoromo take on a mission together. The other had Cordelia and Jian, and the last one had Riko and Irvi. They were expecting a mission for the young duo recently, and to Jacques he felt it was right giving them something worth their talents. Pinning the three missions on the wall he was fully aware brunch was made by his clones. He heaved a sigh, and walked outside to where Soma and Jian were, finally telling them it was time to come in. The old man was running a little late today, honestly the old man had been put off by a letter he had received not too long ago from his Mentor. The Black Witch. Within its contents, told Jacques that the family was not save in Bordova, dark forces were beginning to move, and that they must leave this land, take shelter within her Ancient Forests. He felt it best to keep this information private for now. Telling them at this point would only raise questions that could not be answered by himself. "Master Soma! Master Jian! It's time to come in and eat brunch. Your snowball fight can continue later!" He called out to them, adjusting his vest a bit while outside. It was a beautiful wintery day, he must admit.

Joseph Vale: Lord of the Vale

Joseph watched as the child hesitated, but only a little. Returning her gaze towards him when she stepped out, it was to muster her courage. He smiled, and simply nodded at her. He knew she could do this, and he knew that she needed closure. Stepping out of the carriage himself, he thanked the spirits that drove the carriage, before following Irvi along the path. It had been a long time since Joseph himself made a trip so far out into the lands of Bordova. The days where Soma was still so young, and the Vale had yet to be born. When Joseph was active as a Hunter himself, he remembered meeting Irvi's aunt only a few times in his life, even then their meetings still held weight in his soul. The woman could have been described as a daydreamer, a storyteller, a weaver of fantasy and fiction. But also a woman of hard work and dedication to what she believed in, life could not sway her nor could it break her down. Even if she had an illness, she was the one to have the last laugh in the end. She was one of the rarer cases of humans that Joseph met in his life.
The ones who were special, who had something inside them that made them different than the normal lot. Joseph knew of Irvi's life, being cast out by her own parents, but having her aunt take her in their stead. During one of their last meetings with one another her Aunt told her all about Irvi to Joseph, and he knew that when the day came he would take care of the child for her. Not because of a favor, nor because it was a gesture of kindness. Joseph took Irvi in because he knew her Aunt would haunt him until the ends of the Earth for not caring about a child so adorable, and innocent. Not really, but he did believe that her Aunt could do that.
Arriving on the scene of her headstone. Joseph looked down at Irvi, then back at the stone. In a low voice he said "Your Aunt sure did love pirates, I have half a bet that she's sailing the sea's of the after-life. Plundering and helping lost souls as she goes. Possibly a little parrot on her shoulder's. I think most of all, she tells her crew all about you, picture-books and everything." He chuckled softly, looking down at Irvi.
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Severia Severia
ebb ebb
animegirl20 animegirl20

this movie plaYED WITH MY EMOTIONS

Had this been done any other day, Irvi probably would've cried at Joseph's pirate comments, but today all she could do was smile. They were surprisingly accurate depictions of her aunt, and although she'd never been very fond of animals, Irvi hoped that where ever she was now she did have a little birdie friend on her shoulder. To keep her company and all that-- Irvi didn't want her to get lonely. The young girl looked back at Joseph, before easing herself down onto the snow covered grass by the headstone, her knees pulled close to her chest. "When did you meet her?" she asked in a slightly shaky voice, genuinely curious to know. Her aunt had never mentioned him before, or perhaps she had and Irvi simply wasn't able to make any connections to previous conversations.

She gingerly set the marigolds down on the dirt, amongst the withered flowers and little burnt out candles left months previous. Hesitantly, Irvi brought her hand closer to the headstone, lightly tracing over her aunt's name with her index finger. Leatha Creed. When she was younger, she'd been a bit confused as to why her auntie's name had been Creed, while her own was Tills. It took her a bit to realize Creed was her mother's maiden name, and had her last name changed when she'd married Irvi's father and all that other mushy love stuff. Sometimes, she wished her last name was Creed like her aunt's. Tills made her a little sad sometimes.

Irvi wanted to tell her aunt about so many things, like how pretty the garden back at the Estate was and how fun it was to sometimes explore the big house with Riko, or all the little stories she'd managed to hear every now and then from the other hunters, just to name a few. Yet, for some reason... she couldn't help but feel her aunt already knew.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Riko Miracus

Kneeling down on his knees before Sayogoromo. Riko totally got his point, even well aware where is going with this yet he stayed silent altogether. Riko simply nodded back to him as a reply. The demonic hunter was truly vague yet he understood. Sayogoromo left him out in the snow. Riko kept his words in mind while he spaced out in the snow. Staying out out in the cold was not good for his body and Jacques is already calling. This was no time to self reflect once more. It's time to head back inside to take a small break from his training. Riko stood up and brushed the snow off his shoulders. Tightening his gloves and adjusting his shirt. Riko decided to stick around with Jacques while the old man calls out for the others. He wont speak unless he is directly asked. He'll just follow Jacques around till they get inside.

Sayogoromo
His talk with Riko played back in his mind, what he hadn’t just told the much younger being might have been a bit biased, but then again he wanted advice and Sayogoromo could only speak based on his own experiences. Closing the back door the demon lowered his parasol and it screeched as the metal tightly closed in on itself. He lightly shook it, snow flakes and drops of water hit the floor, light thuds sounding off like a stampede. The brown eyes traveled up from the floor, to the walls, then down the hall in the direction he started to move. It was time to eat, something that Sayogoromo was secretly happy about. The artificial life meals that Joseph had created weren’t perfect, nor were they as good as the real thing, but Sayogoromo learned to tolerate them. Rounding the corner, the tall, slender demon made his way to the dinning room.

Quietly he moved across the room to the empty seat where he usually sat. Placing his left hand on the back of the chair, it slowly slid away from the table while he set his parasol down and leaned it against the wall. Returning to his seat Sayogoromo swept his kimono under himself and got comfortable. He wanted to see what sort of drama might unfold today at the table. It wasn’t likely he would be involved, unless he decided to speak up about his plan going forward

Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

Soma: Accursed Devil

His fun with Jian was cut short, both of them laughing and giggling. Having been covered in snow, he spared no time hopping back inside to get warm. Jian went her own way, probably to her room to change? Soma didn't mind his clothing, letting the wetness slowly dry as he stood inside the heated halls. Soma made his way to the dinning room, throwing his hands up in the air. "Cordelia, Isaac, Sayogoromo! RICHTER!!! How amazing it is to see you here today." He slipped into his seat, stretching out a bit. "Issac, I totally destroyed Jian in the snowball fight, next up will be you! Will you be ready for the final battle old friend? I hope so. I won't let you win like last year!" Soma grinned, determined to defeat his rival.

Jacques: Butler of the Vale

Jacques smiled down at Riko, after having Soma and Jian go inside, he opened the door, letting Riko go in first, before himself. Closing the door now. "How has your day been going, Master Riko? Quite a December morning it is." Jacques sighed peacefully, as he looked around the halls. "It feels like only yesterday, I was a young man arriving in this Mansion to serve Lord Joseph and Master Soma. Then with time, came all of you. I am honored to serve you all." He stated, looking down at Riko once more, seeing the boy had grown rather cold while staying outside, but with Riko's quiet demeanor at times, Jacques wouldn't be told he was cold. So instead, Jacques took the initivative. Snapping his fingers and allowing a light, heated breeze of magic run around Riko to warm his body up.
"Are you not hungry Master Riko? I do believe that your first mission is today. Never a good idea to run on an empty stomach as some say." Jacques chimed in a rhythmic tone. Standing beside Riko, his arms folded behind his back. His stance straight and tall, as like a Butler would who has served for over 100 years.

Joseph: Lord of the Vale

Irvi's question didn't surprise him at all. Standing beside the young girl, he decided to look back a bit into his life. The specific moment of their meeting wasn't hard to pick out. He smiled, nodding. "Years back, when she was healthy and strong. Not just 4 months into her guardianship of you. She knew little of Cerberus Vale, but enough to know we are commissioned for secretive work among Bordova. Work that could jeapordize any human if they found out what it was. She kept respectfully away from anything involving it. But that wouldn't stop her from at least meeting me. She told me much about you, how adorable you were mostly. She wouldn't stop but I didn't want her to stop either. Although she told me you were different as well, which peaked my interest. Your affinity for warmth, almost certainly involved fire magic. I spared your Aunt the details, but I told her that if ever came the time that you were in trouble, or in desperate need. Cerberus Vale would take care of you. Vincent although welcoming to me and the family, liked to keep Bordova secretive as much as possible to me. So when your aunt died, I was unaware until Jacques had decided to go roaming the city. Hearing news of your Aunt's funeral, he heeded for your whereabouts, once finding you he reported to me and we brought you to us. As promised."

Joseph looked at Irvi, he had two things left to do with the young girl. "Irvi.." He started, patting her shoulder "I have whereabouts of your parents.. I am wondering, if you wanted to meet them. Maybe to have some sort of closure, or perhaps just to get something off your chest with them. I do not know how you feel about your parents, but maybe meeting them will help you understand." That first decision for Irvi, will be a difficult one indeed. Meeting the two people that decided to throw her away for their own desires, was selfish. How would Irvi react to this, react to meeting her parents? One thing was for sure. To have Irvi understand, and grow. She must know the truth, of her parents, of her life. The second of the decisions she will decide from, Joseph had fought long and hard for after having Irvi inducted into the Vale as a family member. Having argued and fought for this with Annalise Gilga for the 3 months that had passed to acquire this very important piece of parchment. Clutched inside his breast pocket.. A parental form. Switching ownership to Joseph Vale, and to allow Irvi Tills to change her name to however she sees fit.
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

rpnbanner1.jpg

Watching Soma and Sayogoromo through the steam rising from his coffee, Isaac cringed as it burned his tongue. Retiring the mug to the table, he smiled at Soma’s playful threats. With his family’s book biting into his side, he was grateful for the lightheartedness. “Hmm,” he scoffed mischievously. “Keep telling yourself you let me win. If you got your ass handed to you last time, how exactly do you plan to beat me this year? Unless you’ve been practicing while I wasn’t looking, your aim is surely worse than a senile old man.” While his words might sound like something Incana would’ve drawn out of him months ago, his smile betrayed a friendly intent.

“Hey, and maybe Sayogoromo will be up to joining us.” He knew all too well that he’d likely be feeling ill, but it didn’t hurt to include him. “After Ritcher departs, of course. I doubt our guest would be interested in getting pummeled by snow, especially with the long ride home.”

After years of having his emotions out of his control, it felt powerful to remain calm despite the harrowing news from Ritcher.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Severia Severia

Irvi couldn't help but finally let a few silent tears slip down her cheeks as Joseph spoke about his meeting with her auntie- only because they were out of the happiness his words gave her. Regardless, she kept her head down, not wanting anyone to see the little droplets. Even if it was just Joseph. She rubbed her eyes a bit as he talked about Jacques, smiling a little as she remembered when she first came to the Estate.

"I think she would've liked it at the house! Especially the library." They'd never had many books at home, although she remembered whenever her auntie had a bit of time to herself, one of what few books they'd had strewn about would be there in her hands as she curled up on the sofa- preferably with a bit of coffee. Irvi wouldn't have been surprised if her aunt had memorized every letter between all of their books' covers, before she...

"Irvi.."

She looked up a bit, shooing away her thoughts for a moment.

"I have whereabouts of your parents... I am wondering, if you wanted to meet them. Maybe to have some sort of closure, or perhaps just to get something off your chest with them. I do not know how you feel about your parents, but maybe meeting them will help you understand."

Immediately, Irvi jumped to her feet, her tear streaked face lighting up as she squeaked, "Yes! I mean, maybe! But..." She paused, her excitement fading as quickly as it had arrived, "...but what if they don't wanna see me? What if they don't like me? That's... that's the whole reason Auntie... you know!"

Joseph: Lord of the Vale

He watched the young lass as she spoke, at first she was excited, although doubt soon settled itself in her heart, kneeling down to her he took her hands softly in his own. "It is for you to decide, you have the right to know them. To understand everything you may have questioned about them before. Fault be unto them for deciding to avoid you." Joseph cemented that, hopefully letting that stick into her conscious. Irvi is an amazing young lady, so full of heart. Any who have decided to turn away from the child, have certainly missed an oppritunity to feel alive.
"My dear Irvi, you have a whole family who loves you. That's worth more than anything in this world, especially two simple people liking you." He smiled down at Irvi, hoping that would cheer her up.

Remembering the long, dreadful negotiations with Annalise Gilga served to only help strengthen Joseph's goal of providing Irvi with a family.
~
"Her parents are truly, the most selfish fools I've seen in my life. I'm insulted at the fact they have thrown out their own child for their own benefit." Annalise stated, crossing her arms against the round table, the room was bright, considering it was a sun room. The garden outside of the Gilga Estate served to give a calming beauty to guests.
Joseph nodded at Annalises' words. "Madame Gilga, I understand the importance of family to you. That is why I beg you to let me take ownership of Irvi. She has no family that will take her in, her parents' didn't even come to the funeral of her Aunt!"

Annalise shot a glare towards Joseph. As much as she hated his kind, and him in general...She had to agree with his points, the child had no family that cared enough or alive to take her in. Her own parents' gave her up to look after themselves. Would lending her off to a family full of misfits, and Devils be good enough for
the child? What would happen if Annalise herself adopted the child? No..Too much things to be done if she herself took the child.
She sighed. "Very well, Joseph Vale. I will allow you to take custody of the child, ONLY if she signs her own name onto the documents. As much as I hate your kind, I cannot sacrifice a possible home for a child in need. You will find the paperwork at the desk outside the main room. We are done talking here.."
Annalise rose from her chair, and walked away. Leaving Joseph Vale in a state of relief, he stood up and left the room a few minutes after Annalise. Happy with the outcome of his persistence.
~
And here he stood, alongside Irvi. Turning around he began walking back to the carriage, calling out to Irvi as he did. "Always seek a new adventure every day Irvi, no matter the doubts or the consequences!" He smiled to himself as he strode along the path, knowing full well that Irvi would join him.

Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil

Returning to Hell was a flash of seconds for the Devil in Red, he returned to The Guardian, and narrowed his eyes. "I have possibly helped kickstart her mind some more, she will take time still. To remember, hopefully I will be able to give it to her the next time we meet." Placing his katana on the ground he knelt down against the hard wood flooring of her Shrine.
The Guardian, whom was tending to the Lithe River, listened to Cerevantes, eager and yet patient. "She will come to know the truth in time, perhaps I will be getting my hopes up to actually be able to meet her but I do hope she can at least know who I am when she dreams again." She turned to meet the Devil's cold gaze, and gave a pleasant smile. "Nervous for your brother?"
Cerevantes huffed lightly. "Keep to your own family troubles. My brother is my own problem to worry about."
The Guardian gave a light chuckle, almost taunting, but it died down to a more serious, soft tone for herself. "You and Soma are different, Cerevantes. He may not hold Hell in such high regard, sometimes we must learn to accept our family for who they are and not for who you want them to be.."
Cerevantes clenched his teeth as he spoke his next words, his eyes flared in wrath. "Then he must be ready to die for his convictions. My blade will be the judge of his worth, and if he defeats me then he can forge his own path free of my own discriminations."
The Guardian sighed, a solemn, knowing sigh... A battle between brothers was bound to happen, one she could not stop no matter how hard she tried to sway Cerevantes.
Severia Severia
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back