• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Cordelia Zale
A Girl Who is Bad(?) at Acting Dumb

Having screamed and used force, Cordelia's annoyance from being woken up early was somewhat diminished. She still hadn't asked Soma about who or what turned him into a mummy like that, though she didn't enter the room. The fact that demon went too far with Jian was clear, so she decided to give them some time alone.

The pink demon considered between going to the kitchen right away or taking a bath... taking a bath... she nonchalantly turned to the other victim, who was ignorant as ever, especially toward girls. While he was soaking wet, the girl didn't fail to notice some bodily gestures unconsciously made.

"Say, Isaac, you seem to be in a strangely good mood, did something nice just happen—"

It was said in a genuinely curious tone, even though she could guess the answer.

"—other than getting bathed by a girl?"

And without missing her signature mischievous jab.

ebb ebb

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian had started to calm down a bit. She mostly pushed the other two out so there wouldn't be anymore random stupid words being made at her. Suddenly she felt something over her face. She opened her eyes only to see darkness. "Um wha-"

"You might not wanna look, so keep that over you for now."

"Look at what?" She was going to peek but she thought better of it. She didn't need anymore surprises. So she sat there waiting for him to finish doing whatever he was doing. Finally the coat was pulled her head and she looked up at him. She noticed he had take the bandages off and changed. She was very glad she followed her better judgement. Her eyes then fell on his chest and she noticed that huge scar. Then she blushed slightly. Could he have at least put a shirt on? Jian thought to herself. She suddenly felt a hand on top of her head and she looked up to see him smiling down at her.

"You know, before you begin to pound me into my next life. But I'd like to thank you, and everyone else who was worried about me. Makes me feel better ya know?"

She blushed again and glanced away. "I won't pound you....I think someone already took care of that." She said smirking a little. Finally removed his hand and got back on his bed. She then stood up and walked to his closet and grabbed a random shirt.

"You okay? You look like you didn't get enough sleep, or was it a nightmare?" "You can talk to me, ya know. If it was a nightmare."

She glanced over at him and tossed the shirt to him. "Could you at least keep yourself covered while I'm in here." She walked back over to the chair but she didn't sit down. "It was just the usual nightmare just slightly different nothing to worry about." Jian thought it would better to keep to herself. Besides she was still convinced it wasn't real. At least she hoped it wasn't.
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Attachments

• 0fd692981803e2e47d6c47707006f68b--dutch-women-costumes-for-women.jpg
    0fd692981803e2e47d6c47707006f68b--dutch-women-costumes-for-women.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 726e04970043c8ab28b5913630269119.jpg
    726e04970043c8ab28b5913630269119.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Soma: Healing Devil

The shirt flew into his face, but he just set it aside. Looking back over at Jian. "Nah, I'd much rather keep it off for now. If you find my scars disgusting you can look the other way!" He laughed, swinging one leg over the other as he relaxed on his bed. "I'm hungry...But I can't leave this room...Could you make sure Jacques gets me something to eat?? I'm dying in here!" Soma groaned, rubbing his stomach. Within his mind, Soma was actually rather annoyed with himself. Having lost a battle against a devil that claimed to be his older brother, not only that, smacking him around like he was nothing.. It got under his skin. If he wanted to be ready for their next confrontation he would need to train harder than he had before. Soma simply sighed, closing his eyes again. "Welp..I'm getting some rest now. See ya Jian" And just like that, he would fall asleep without a problem, nor even a care in the world.
animegirl20 animegirl20

Jacques: Butler of Cerberus Vale

While doing chores, his other clones around the house took care of cooking breakfast. He heard the doorbell ring, and quickly made his way to the main door. Opening it slowly "Good morning, this is Cerberus Vale Estate, I am Jacques, the butler. And you are?" A young man stood at the entrance, handing Jacques an envelope. "This is for Lord Joseph Vale, an invitation for the whole family to participate in the Silver Moon Festival, a personal invitation from Vincent Bernhard, head of the Bernhard family. He also sends his best wishes for Soma's healing." Jacques took the envelope, thanking the young man and closing the door. He stared at the letter with curiosity.. An invitation to a festival? That's rather unusual, especially from one of the head figures of Bordova. Not only that...How did Vincent Bernhard know of Soma's injuries? Things didn't seem to add up, but Vincent does keep a close eye on everything that happens in Inner City. He decided to deliver the letter to Joseph, and then go about his work again.

Joseph: Lord of Cerberus Vale

Taking the invitation letter from Jacques earlier, he read up on it. "Within a few days the Silver Moon Festival will begin, all Cities will party until they drop! The 5 families personally invite the Cerberus Vale Family to the festival as royal guests!" A short letter, but still signed by the 5 heads of the families. Joseph chuckled, how in the hell did they get Annalise Gilga, the head of Sanctum City to sign? She hated all and any demons, much less did she enjoy the presence of the Cerberus Vale taking up the farest side of her city. He put the letter down, deciding to tell everyone when breakfast would be at hand. He continued to read up on whatever demon clans he could come across in the library. Especially on Soma's..

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
~

-Somewhere within Bordova-

Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil

"A festival? Is that what Bordova seems to take pleasure in these days? Not only do they lie to the masses when demons attack, they decided to cover anything up with a little fun. Need I remind you that our goals may align, but if you stand in my way I will not hesitate to cut you down." He spoke to a figure hidden in the shadows, sitting at a desk, staring into a blackened well, the water barely visible in the darkness. "We've agreed to work together on only keeping the Cerberus Vale out of our hairs during our plans, nothing more."

???: Mysterious Man
"I remember our agreement, Cerevantes... I hope I do not stand in your way...You always seem so annoyed with being around humanity.."
The man spoke, his voice very thin, liquidy. His speech stretched out. His long hands ran against the well as he spoke. "The festival that the Bernhard family is throwing will keep the Vale occupied for the time being..Keeping them out of our hairs for now. In time I will have more demons summoned, their new recruits will have to learn how to swim a little early this time around..How did your battle with your brother go?" The man said to the rather reserved devil. "He lives, but it will take time for him to return for a rematch. Hopefully he is stronger." The mysterious man giggled in such an odd way, holding the back of his hand up to his mouth.
"He has yet to turn to your side? Do you fear he will not wish to take the throne alongside you Cerevantes?"
Just then, a flash of light came into view and the mysterious man yelped. The thin tip of Cerevantes' katana was just centimeters away from the man's nose. "He will see my way, soon enough." Cerevantes sheathed his katana just as quick as he pulled it out. Leaving only silence between the two. Before Cerevantes slipped into another realm.

rpnbanner1.jpg

As it turned out, Jian didn’t appreciate the input. Even if it was quality input. “God! What?-” Isaac sputtered as she forced him out. “Sorry for trying to HELP,” he yelled through the closed door. “Next time I’ll just let you scream Soma to death!” Slumping in the hallway where Jian had kicked him to, he stretched to rub his back, wincing. Jian had managed to shove him right on the spot Cordelia had round-housed him the day before. He was going to have a killer bruise. Maybe he’d have to ask Joseph if-

His train of thought was cleavered short by an explosion of ice cold water to his face and back. Gulping, he froze, shoulders clenched and hair dripping. He already looked shady from an uneasy night in the library, so the addition of water made him look straight out of hell.

“Cordelia.” He said in the calmest voice he’d probably ever produced. “What. The. Fuck?” He shrugged violently at her, blinking away the water. “I was in a good mood, I don’t know about now. As much as I love getting bathed by girls,” he sucked air from the side of his mouth. “-I don’t know, not really feeling this.” He wrung out his sleeve.

Incana, still angry about earlier, wasn’t about to let Isaac get out kind words without a fight. “I just wanted to say-”

Incana began singing in a loud, baritone voice inside his head, making it difficult to concentrate.

“THE ANTS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE-”
“That I really appreciate whatever you-” he cringed, staring at the wall as he tried to recollect his train of thought
“-HURAAAHHH, HURAAAAAHHH!”
“-uh. Said to-”
-THEY ALL GO MARCHING!”
“Joseph,” he managed to cough out, swiping a clump of soaking hair away from his face.
“-DOWN, TO THE GROUND, TO GET OUT OF THE RAIN-”
“It’s means a lot, and I wanted to, uh-”
“BOOOOOM, BOOOOM, BOOOOOOM,”
“Fuck. Uh. Thanks-” He hoped that, somehow, some of that made sense to Cordelia, because he could barely hear himself talk over the voice in his head.

Severia Severia animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
Cordelia Zale
A Demon Girl Dusting Off Some Skill

"and I wanted to, uh-Fuck. Uh. Thanks-"

While the girl had no way to know that Incana was making an explosive sound in Isaac's head the moment he said something like that, she noticed that the guy who was speaking words of thanks seemed to have some problems doing so. The cause was probably that demon that even Joseph failed to deal with, so it's not like she could have done anything better.

Also, she wasn't a demon who would let someone's opening slipped away that easily. Plus, he started it, not her!! What's with that line!?

Having lived as a human girl and blended into society for hundred of years, Cordelia learned a decent amount of good things, as well as things that were not as good. For instance, knowledge limited to those dwelling in the world's oldest profession.

What the world simply called "seductive techniques"

The pink demon slowly walked to her prey while making an eye contact, timely looking away before looking back multiple times. Her movement and way of speaking became soft and slow, yet subtly executed.

"What exactly... did you just say... you want to do to me again?"

Reaching the man, she leisurely reached her hand out, touching the man on the lower range of his chest, the same level as her head.

Soon, water rapidly began to escape his drenched body and clothes before forming a puddle behind his feet. The moment he registered the absence of coldness and wetness, the girl looked up and locked her gaze into his eyes.

"...Hmm?"

Rather than her usual smile that expressed childishness and enthusiasm, the little demon was making a small, sly smile that gave the air around her some mysterious feeling as she made that soft, inquisitive sound.

Despite being something she used to do on a daily basis for years, Cordelia hadn't done it for a really long time and it costed her a lot of focus and concentration, enough for her to forget that they were in the corridor and that there could be someone passed by at any moment

ebb ebb LadyOfStars LadyOfStars if Sayogoromo walked slow enough and happened to be more skilled than some invisible guardian of the galaxy

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png"It's not your scars that's the problem."

"I'm hungry...But I can't leave this room...Could you make sure Jacques gets me something to eat?? I'm dying in here!"

"Yeah I bet. Alright I'll make sure he brings you something. You don't have to whine." She said as she headed to the door. But she suddenly stopped when a thought came to her mind. "By the way Soma I wanted ask what happ-" She cut off.

"Welp..I'm getting some rest now. See ya Jian"

"Y-your going to sleep? I thought your hungry??" She walked over to him and looked down at him. "Soma I wanted to ask you about yesterday.....Soma?......Are you seriously asleep?.....Right." Jian sighed and headed to the door. She then turned out the lights and left. She decided she would get dressed before heading down stairs. Before she did though she noticed Cordelia was about beat Isaac now. Guess she owned them a apology. Well she was goin to but well they seem to be in the middle of something and Jian didn't want to get involved so she then turned around and headed to her room. When she reached her room she went in and shut the door behind her then started getting dressed. Once she was dressed she headed back out and down the stairs. "Jacques!" Jian called out. She walked into the dinning room and then glanced in the kitchen. "Jacques you in here! Soma said he's hungry but apparently tired to cause he went to sleep."
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

Attachments

• Xingcai_Cheongsam_(DW8XL_DLC).png
    Xingcai_Cheongsam_(DW8XL_DLC).png
    823.1 KB · Views: 6
After a little bit of wandering and nearly tripping down the stairs, Irvi found herself in an oddly cozy room filled with what seemed like an endless amount of books. Perking up a bit, she ventured further into the room, wanting to look at and read everything in sight. Even though she couldn't read very well, she liked the way the letters looked and how certain words sounded.

She'd never been in a library, but that's what she assumed this was. It was how she imagined one to look, anyway. Irvi plucked a random book off the closest shelf and wandered off into a corner, plopping herself down to look at the swirly lettering that filled its pages. She had no bloody clue what the words were trying to convey- and that might've been because she was holding the book upside down, but she didn't mind too much. Irvi was happy.

Joseph: Lord of Cerberus Vale

His reading was cut short when he couldn't help but spot the little girl strolling in curiously, she seemed like she had stepped into a world of pure imagination. Which made Joseph smile, he stood up from his book-reading, walking around to find the girl sitting in a corner, reading the book she had taken, upside down. He chuckled at the sight "Well hello Irvi, nice to see someone else is interested in learning as much as I do" He sat down a few inches away from her, allowing her some space. "Breakfast will be soon I believe, I heard from Jacques you seem to like the garden out in the back. I'm glad, it is certainly a beautiful place." He pat her head softly, smiling down at her. He was sure that he could take some time off of what he had just read, and it was about Soma's clan..He hadn't initially been aware of such dangers Soma was subjected to because of his heritage until now.

Jacques: Butler of Cerberus Vale

He was just finishing up breakfast, or more-so brunch. He heard Jian as well, shouting out to the kitchen that Soma was indeed hungry. "Well, I wouldn't put it past the boy." He mumbled to himself. "BRUNCH IS READY EVERYONE!" Jacques yelled out across the house, allowing everyone to hear. If no one showed up, he would forcibly hunt them down, strap them to the chair and force them to eat. Because Jacques was not a push-over of a Butler. When food is served, he expects it to be eaten. As soon as his clones set the table, they all vanished. Chores were finished for the time being, and all he had to do now was ensure Soma got some food as well, picking out a plate for the man, he would stack it with a little bit of everything.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

rpnbanner1.jpg

"What exactly... did you just say... you want to do to me again?"

Incana stopped singing and let out a long, drawn out whistle.

Glancing at her hand, he laughed breezily, raising his brows and staring at her. He was grateful that she’d dried him out, walking all the way to his room to change was more effort than he was prepared to commit. Swallowing, Isaac was surprised by her sauve approach, wondering what he’d done to draw this type of attention. He wouldn’t be caught complaining, quite the opposite. “Well, if you’re taking requests, I’m thinking full spa. We’re talking bubbles, we’re talking piping hot water. Maybe even a-” he leaned in a little closer. “Rubber ducky.” Incana sounded like he was choking. “I can’t believe how stupid you are,” the demon coughed out. Giving her a sideways glance, he was about to lay it on smooth when Jacques’ voice cut the tension.

"BRUNCH IS READY EVERYONE!"

Snapped out of the spell, he coughed deeply, looking away.

Stepping back slowly, he gave Cordelia a loaded look. “Guess we’re getting breakfast. Good luck making it there. I think some people are probably pissed at you for the unexpected shower. Not everyone is as forgiving as me,” he prattled, although that was definitely untrue.

On his way to the dining room, he passed the room of one of the newcomers. What was it again? Niko? The boy was hard at work, doing exercises on his floor. As he passed, he noticed injuries along his limbs. Frowning in concern, he pondered the inflictions until he made it to the dining room.

In the entryway to the kitchen, he gripped the door frame, slowly swinging himself around the corner. Saying he was hungry was an understatement. His stomach felt like it was trying to wrestle itself out of his body. “Jacques,” he groaned, slamming into a seat. “You are a god among men.” Was that politically incorrect? “I mean- a demon among men. Point is- you’re a real trooper. I hope you made extra because I am hungry.

Severia Severia Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Svisttt Svisttt animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Irvi jumped a bit when she heard Joseph's voice, too absorbed in... whatever she was doing to pay attention to much else happening. She swiftly realized she was holding the book upside down, and rushed to flip it over, hoping the older man didn't notice. "Breakfast...?" she mumbled, retreating back into the shyness that had accompanied her yesterday out of embarrassment and anxiety at the idea of going back to the dining room. Suffice to say, she wasn't very excited to return there, though the idea of food was a little enticing. Her nervousness quickly started to fade at the mention of the garden, and a smile appeared on her face. "It was so pretty!" Irvi chirped, before adding, "Kinda cold, though." She didn't like to go outside very much because of how chilly things were, but she'd be happy to put up with it if she was going into that seemingly magical place.

"BRUNCH IS READY EVERYONE!"

Irvi slumped over a bit, dreading what might happen if she went to eat. She closed the book and awkwardly glanced around at the shelves, not remembering which one she grabbed the book from. Giving up on trying to figure out where it came from, she looked up at Joseph, almost as if she was asking if she really had to go.

Riko Miracus

Riko continued to grunt his way through his workout. He was slowing down as he counted his way up. "87, 88, 89..." Riko was super determined because now he has to live a new life where he has to work his all. He continued counting even though he is sweating his shirt off. "111, 112, 113..." Riko gave his all through the morning. He gave up at 115. He laid down gasping for air in the floor. He breath so heavily. He can hear his memories yelling to him. "Is that all you can do!?" and "Put yer back into it, boy. If you still have a desire to live!" These were the words that kept him from going further. He performed sit ups again. This time he restarted his counting. "1, 2, 3..." Riko barely heard the call for Brunch. He decided to kept on going.

Cordelia Zale
A Pink Vacuum Cleaner

How could he be this stupid? Cordelia stopped the urge to turn that puddle into a giant fist as Isaac walked away. Well, at least the guy did make some amusing reaction, so wasn't it fine? Having thought that, she shrugged off an unsatisfactory feeling that she couldn't explain before heading to her own room to take a bath.

A while after that, A short girl in her pink dress could be seen rushed through the dining room's door. Her long hair was now well-tailored, as opposed to the matted hair that screamed "I just got up!" during the mess earlier. As she entered the room and saw the only man sitting at the table, the demon girl greeted him in her usual joyful tone as though nothing weird happened between them.

"Hey Isaac, don't tell me you didn't take a bath after that!? I'll have to bath you another time to be as effective you know?"

Along with that, she snapped her fingers. Water rose from their containers on the table and merged into a single ball, which resembled the ones that did their job this morning.

The pink-haired girl then sat at her usual seat, which was directly opposite to Isaac. Having observed his reactions, she made another snapping sound after sticking her tongue out playfully.

"I'm digging in! Jacques, bring me enough desserts so that I won't have to go to that drawer myself, please?"

Floating water returned to where they were as she started digging in, literally.

ebb ebb Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Joseph: Lord of the Vale

Joseph chuckled at Irvi being unwilling to come to the table. He bent down low, patting her head once more. "How about this, you come on into the dining room and get some food, then I'll let you go to the garden or come back here and enjoy yourself. We're not that far from both areas of the house, either. C'mon. Lets go get some food." Joseph stood up, holding his hand out to Irvi.
Svisttt Svisttt
Jacques: Butler of the Vale

Upon Cordelia's request, he brought out an immense amount of sweets, ranging from cream tarts, to whole loads of cake. Setting them next to her as she sat and dug in. Hearing Isaac's comment of him being a "demon among men" Made him chuckle. "Please, Master Isaac. I am but a simple butler, no demon within me." He scoped out all the seats, he was aware Joseph was in the library, and he slightly peeked in at one point to see both Irvi and Joseph speaking, so they'd be coming soon enough. He knew Soma was resting up, and Jian was already within the dining room, Sayogoromo would take time to arrive, but in time he would make himself a part of the table....Master Riko. His eyes narrowed at the seat Riko took last night. His nose perked up, and he began sniffing the air heavily. Much like a dog hunting down something for its master. Jacques left the dining room, hurrying in his steps to capture Master Riko. As he passed Soma's room, he delivered the plate full of food, which he could hear a very happy Soma cry out in glee within seconds of smelling it in his sleep.. He must have woken up. Speeding on through the hallways he finally hit Riko's room. The air in the room grew thick, and menacing almost. "Master Riko" Jacques said, with a voice and tone that said "You better get moving." "I do believe physical exercise is important for the body, especially a young man such as yourself. But it is time for brunch. And I do not allow one single member of this family go without eating all 3 meals of the day." Since the hallway had no lights, his monocle shone in the darkness, appearing rather evil to the young man, despite being such a kind butler.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars (PHARAOH HAS A NEW NAME!)
ebb ebb
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia

Jian went and sat down at the table and once the table was set and the food was she started digging in. She didn't realize it earlier but she was really hungry. She noticed Isaac come in and head to the kitchen then Cordelia came into the dinning room and sat down demanding sweets which Jacques brought for her. "Hey Cordelia sorry about shoving you out of Soma's room earlier." Jian said as she continued to eat. "Same to you Isaac I know you didn't mean any harm but well you just have really bad timing." Jian glanced at the other empty seats wondering if Riko and Irvi were coming.
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

Riko Miracus

Riko's is still doing situps, still pushing himself. The sweat on his forehead was pouring like a waterfall. His shirt was soaked with his morning sweat. As the butler was hunting him down to his room. Riko counted his situps. "222, 223, 224..." Riko was tired at this moment but he kept going. In the back of his mind more insults whipered to him. The whispering of his fellow orphan. "He's so strange...", "He's weak!", "He looks ugly too!" At this point. The butler has problably invaded his room and told him to eat downstairs. Although he heard what he said. He didn't acknowledge at this moment. He continued, furiously. "I'll shoe them... I'll show all of them..." He kept mumbling to himself. Riko seems to be trying achieve something that drives him crazy. "289, 290!" Everytime he chants to himself. He gets agressively faster and faster. His sit ups were now out of pure rage. His face is calm but his mind says otherwise. "296! 297! 298! 299...!" His last final situps were slow. He was so close to hitting a new milestone but he couldn't take anymore self harm. He stopped. He stopped before he hits a new record. Riko's struggling counts were enough to stop him. He collasped to the floor breathing heavily for air.

He slammed his right clenched fist against the floor he was laying down on. He was frustrated even though his face was so cool and calm. He knows Jacques is watching all of this. Blinded by self motivation. He failed to see the butler's rather evil presence. It took him a minute respond to the butler as he laid on the floor, covered in sweat. "Sure... I'll be on my way..." Riko didn't bother to pick up his trencjcoat since he's covered in sweat and that is his favorite stolen coat. Riko stood up and faced Jacques eye to eye. He simply stared into the butler 's monocle without hesitation. Riko was ready to follow along.

Grudgingly, Irvi stood up and held Joseph's hand, taking the little bit of comfort it gave her. She felt weirdly smaller around him, but that might've just been from the height difference. As she walked with Joseph, she couldn't help but feel more and more anxious the closer they got to the dining room- she kept expecting something similar to last night to happen if she went in there.

"What were you reading?" Irvi suddenly asked. She hadn't seen him reading anything, but they had been in the library, right? It'd be a little weird to go in there and not intend on reading something, but then again, she didn't know if what she'd been doing was even considered reading. Still, the question filled in the little silence between them, and that made her feel a little better,

Irvi's question peaked some curiosity, while Joseph and Irvi strolled through the hallway to get to the dining room. "Well, I was reading up about Demon Clans. It has been a long time since I went through the books to learn anything, but in my case It's rather needed. Some demons are not all that bad, might I add. I myself, and my son Soma, Sayogoromo, and Cordelia are all demons. We are good demons though, despite us fighting like family do, we all are able to set that at ease when we need to work together. We can do a lot of cool things. One of my things, is this." His hand slightly slid up from the pocket of his pants, and one of the vases in the hallway began to levitate, Joseph swished his finger a little, and the vase copied the movement, down to the speed and everything. "I can control a form of telekinesis. Anyway, enough of myself for now, we've got food to grab!" Joseph smiled, as he turned alongside Irvi to the dining room. Jacques wasn't there, most likely going to grab anyone that wasn't present at the table. "Go ahead, get some food and then you can go back to the library or go to the garden..Orr if you're feeling up to it today go ahead and sit down with everyone else!"
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
animegirl20 animegirl20

He watched as Riko tried to push past his limit, tried to set a new goal for himself. Break an existing record. When Riko failed, and stood up looking at Jacques, he simply sighed. "You were trying to prove somebody wrong I assume?" He spoke finally, looking around the room. "I only see yourself in this room, Master Riko. But what I do feel..From this room is your unbearable weight of your past, shackling you down. Let me tell you now, that you will never break your record, nor push past the limits you already have if you keep referring to your past for motivation. The past only sets to ruin the soul, not build it up. Especially when it is one basked in sorrow such as yours. I admire your tenacity, and I admire your ability to try and strengthen yourself.. Master Riko, you are no longer within any of the areas you once were, in this home. Each member cares for the other, despite the silly little disputes they may have. In this family, we love and care for one another. Despite the past we hold. You will come to understand this when you've been here for a while. Even if you do not understand it now." Jacques stepped aside, allowing Riko to pass through him and escort him to the dining room. Jacques would create a cool damp towel in thin air with his magic, setting it on Riko's head when they would begin to move.

Soma: A very Hungry Devil(Caterpillar)

Soma ate his food within the confines of his room, his regeneration kicked in faster than it was before. Possibly an effect of using it so much already to heal himself, he could sense the tension, and soreness in his body slowly alleviating itself. On his bed, he set the plate down, cracking his neck and fists.. He thought back on what Jian said. "Soma I wanted to ask you about yesterday" ... He wasn't fully asleep yet when she said that. He was conflicted with telling the others the truth. He had an older brother, who was insanely strong..That much he knew. But he wouldn't know how to get it across his family. The intial surprise Cerevantes was able to take provided him with ample strategy, Soma was shocked, thus severely out of his combat zone when it happened. Much less he didn't take his katana with him..The only weapon that would have helped him stand a chance against his brother. Soma clenched his fist.. "I will have a rematch with you damn it..And next time I'll wipe the floor with you.." He said to himself. He wasn't going to lose the next time.​

rpnbanner1.jpg

"Please, Master Isaac. I am but a simple butler, no demon within me."

He didn’t register what the butler had said. Isaac was entranced by the brunch laid out before him. Eyes wide and vacant, he couldn’t tear his eyes from the fare. The steam rising from the table smelled like spicy roasted meats and sweet syrups. He felt as if he was getting a small glimpse into heaven. Scrambles of egg were piled with baked beans and soft ricotta. Next to that, he noted a platter of bright fresh fruit and fluffy yogurts. The sweet smell was emitted by the gentle mountains of rosemary biscuits and gravy, accompanied by still cooling cinnamon rolls, glaze glistening.

"Same to you Isaac I know you didn't mean any harm but well you just have really bad timing."

“Hmm?- oh,” Isaac was still staring at the fluffy yellow depths of the eggs. God. They were devine. He was over Jian pushing him, but Incana wasn’t. “Maybe next time you should think of that before you shoulder someone,” he growled into the eggs. Shaking his head, his voice returned to a normal tone. “No- I mean it’s fine Jian. It’s fine. We all know how you feel about Soma,” Isaac said without thinking. He began scooping food from the dishes, until his plate was completely immersed with breakfast.

"Hey Isaac, don't tell me you didn't take a bath after that!? I'll have to bath you another time to be as effective you know?"

He stiffened, stifling a reaction. Painfully aware of the water floating inches from the dedadent meal, he silently prayed she would see reason and not soak the spread. He breathed out when the water returned to the containers. That would’ve been a disaster. He meant for that friendly little interaction to stay in the hallway. Out of context, in front of his peers, it sounded weird on his part. Real weird. “God, Cordelia, I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about,” he smacked, eating half a biscuit in one go. "Bath? What about a bath?" He blinked at her, spewing crumbs.

Incana, impatient and hungry, overruled any manners Isaac might’ve had, and he ate like he’d been starved for a week- stuffing more into his mouth than his mouth could handle. Luckily, Cordelia was also a passionate eater, so he didn’t feel so out of place.

Severia Severia Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre animegirl20 animegirl20
Svisttt Svisttt LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian's mood had gone up after having had a chance to eat. Though she noticed it was only three of them and she wondered if the rest were coming for brunch or not. As she continued to eat she glanced up at Isaac that responded to her apology at first it seemed like it was Incana then it suddenly switch to his normal tone.

“No- I mean it’s fine Jian. It’s fine. We all know how you feel about Soma,”

She choked. Jian started coughing and covered her mouth with a napkin then she took a swing of her orange juice then turned to Isaac. "I'm sorry what? 'We know how you feel about Soma?' What's that suppose to mean?!" Her cheeks had a blushed slight blush to them. She turned her head back to her plate and finished up the last of her food then sat there for a moment. She was going to leave the table but Joseph usually like to talk and make announcement during breakfast and dinner so she decided to wait until he got in there. Also she hadn't quite decided what she would do with her day....maybe she'll read something. She was actually going to check on Soma but she can't do that now cause apparently it gives people ideas. Which weren't true.....maybe...actually she never thought about things like that. That kind of stuff really wasn't on her mind unless she was reading book which most of the books she read were adventure stories. She hadn't thought about stuff like liking someone since she was kid....Suddenly a blush came to her cheeks as thought about something. She then turned her head looking towards the door. "Is Joseph coming to eat or what?" she said not bothering to hide her irritated tone.
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

Attachments

• Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
    823.1 KB · Views: 0
She listened to Joseph speak, and was beginning to look horribly confused when he said he, and some of the other residents, were demons. She quietly asked, "Is... is that why Jacques is 100 years old and doesn't look like a gramma?" Irvi's confusion and questions quickly faded into excitement as she watched Joseph make a vase move around, just by moving a finger. She spent the rest of the walk to the dining room bouncing around, rapidly asking questions that were both on the topic of magic and demons, and completely off topic ones involving food and... raccoons, for some reason.

As they approached the door, she stopped bouncing, looking between it and Joseph. Letting go of his hand, she pushed the door open and walked as confidently as she could to the table. She didn't want them to think she was a baby- and if that meant sitting next to the scary guy then that's what she'd do. Irvi sat down in the seat she took last night, looking mildly terrified but a little better than yesterday. The vast amount of food brought back the excitement she felt in the hallway, and she quickly helped herself to a little bit of everything.

End of Act 1. Beginning of Act 2

He couldn't contain himself upon hearing Irvi call Jacques a gramma. He actually bent down a bit and had to hold his knees to not fall over, he began wheezing to how hard his laughter was. Finally regaining his composure he wiped a small tear from his eye. "No no, Jacques is an old man indeed. He uses magic though, as a means to help around the house. I'm not so sure about the keeping himself alive part though." Joseph couldn't believe that little innocent tidbit, it was the best thing he had heard all week honestly. And in her excitement, each question she fired out was answered with relative ease by Joseph. Upon arriving at the doors to the dining room, he watched as Irvi confidently took her stance, and went in without fear. He smiled at her bravery.

"I'm sorry for being late everyone, Irvi and I were having so much fun before we made it. I do have an announcement to make though, an important one it seems." He held up a letter after having pulled it out of his tunic. "We have an invitation to a Festival coming up in a few days. The Silver Moon Festival. We're to attend as royal guests, it seems as if this festival in detail, is all about fun and games, but it has its history. The festival is well-known for a night to proclaim one's love for another. Much like a man would do to a woman for marriage, if I would guess. Under a full-moon. Typically, couples will share the night together and enjoy the fun all around the cities. If I could say, it is pretty much a romantic festival. But couples aren't generally the only audience that can have fun. It is for everyone."

Joseph took his place at the head of one end of the table. Grabbing a plate and filling it high with food. "Irvi and Riko will have to stay here with Soma, he will begin your training Irvi. I believe in those few days he won't be as beat up as he was when you saw him... I heard the commotion. But I can't let him do anything extensive as take part of a festival yet." Joseph then began to eat his food. The announcements were done.

~

Cerberus Vale has completed the first night, and now a new arc begins for the family.

The Silver Moon Festival Arc
-Main plot points of this arc-
- This arc establishes Soma as the trainer for Irvi and Riko for the time being, helping them figure out their powers and see if they can unlock the potential deep within, alongside Jacques.
- Ezekiel, the Family Blacksmith will finally make an appearance.
- Riko's past will be dabbled in with this arc, as the 5 Families are now aware Riko is safe within Cerberus Vale, they must figure out how to force a trial for his past criminal activity.
- The main villain will be closer than the family knows, Joseph continues to search for who is trying to become the new Lord of Hell while attending the Festival
-Jian's demon will play a part in this arc, as he continues to torture her mind Jacques and Soma must save Jian before she completely breaks
- For the finale of the arc, Isaac's Ceremony is now at hand, after meeting with Ezekiel and forging the ceremonial weapon, he must then finish one more task before becoming a Hunter, which is to fight Incana and gain complete control.

Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Riko Miracus

With utter silence. Riko mumbled "Not just somebody... Everybody..." Riko was quiet as lamb when Jacques gave him a small talk. A small talk that he quietly kept in mind. It was a nice speech and all but Riko kinda opposed few of his statements. "..." Riko wanted to rebut but he is in not in the right time to do so. The only reason why Riko didn't made it to the 300th sit up is because he hasn't ate anything since last night. He also thought that the butler failed to also notice that despite his malnourished body. Riko was able to push himself to a milrstone that is almost impossible for someone like him.

Riko just stayed quiet and decided to leave his room with his coat on. He didn't care if anyone sees his abused arms since he'll be here for a while. Riko looks gloomy yet chill. He walked silently across the estate while being escorted by Jacques. The butler can notice that Riko's footsteps are near quiet. Almost impossible to hear until he's close. Riko made it to the dining area and sat quietly on his seat.

Cordelia Zale
A Girl Exciting for the Festival

As Jian apologized to her, Cordelia looked up from her food and gave a simple response

"It's ok, don't think too much of it."

After that, she got her sweets and stopped listening to whatever Isaac was saying. Knowing him, it's likely something ignorant again, wasn't it?

Then Joseph arrived.

"FESTIVAAAAAAAAL!!!"

Despite still sucking up tarts and cakes, the girl interrupted Joseph's speech in a loud, enthusiastic tone the moment "Silver moon festival" left his mouth.

While her expression continued to be that of an exciting girl, deep in her mind it was quite different.

Silver Moon Festival? Being the royal guests meant it was an unanimous, direct invitation from the 5 heads of the families? Including Annalisa!? Even Cordelia herself who was confident in her interpersonal skills was having a hard time with that woman, so how did she agree to invite all of them as guests?

There was definitely something off.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi animegirl20 animegirl20 ebb ebb Svisttt Svisttt

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngFinally Joseph appeared along with Irvi and of course she was right about staying as Joseph did have news for them. Though it wasn't sure how she felt about it.

"I'm sorry for being late everyone, Irvi and I were having so much fun before we made it. I do have an announcement to make though, an important one it seems." He held up a letter after having pulled it out of his tunic. "We have an invitation to a Festival coming up in a few days. The Silver Moon Festival. We're to attend as royal guests, it seems as if this festival in detail, is all about fun and games, but it has its history. The festival is well-known for a night to proclaim one's love for another. Much like a man would do to a woman for marriage, if I would guess. Under a full-moon. Typically, couples will share the night together and enjoy the fun all around the cities. If I could say, it is pretty much a romantic festival. But couples aren't generally the only audience that can have fun. It is for everyone."

"There's a Festival and your not even going to let the kids come?" Jian said with an eyebrow cocked up. "You rather make them stay home and train?" Who does that? "Is that why Soma acts like the biggest kid I ever seen is because he was stuck training?" Normally Jian attitude and annoyance to things were kept to herself but just recently she's been vocal with her thoughts. Did this mean she would have to find something to wear now? She didn't have much....well there was one thing she could probably wear. She never wore it and this would be a good occasion though it sounded like this place would be full of couples......great just great. The annoyance was clear as day on Jian's face. "So not only are the kids force to stay home but I have to be surrounded by couples...joy" Somebody was a bit bitter this morning. In honestly Jian loved the idea of going out but for some reason she just felt annoyed by everything. What's wrong Jian don't tell me your still on edge from last night? Jian eyes widen and she looked around searching for the source of the voice...that nobody else heard. She then relaxed in her seat. It's all in my head. Jian thought to herself as she closed her eyes for a moment then looked over back over to Joseph.
Svisttt Svisttt
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Attachments

823.1 KB · Views: 2

Joseph took a sip of the good ole' oj before he answered Jian's questions. "Well, the children do need to begin their training here, without so many of us around they can focus on the task at hand. I'm not denying them fun, but I am ensuring they get started on something important." He could tell, Cordelia was also skeptical of this invitation, and he wanted to keep the children as far away from the situation as possible. To answer the other question she had, he had to laugh a little as well. "Soma is just Soma." Joseph began chowing down on his food, savoring it. He could understand that since Jian wasn't a demon, she wouldn't be disliked by the Gilga Family, thus she wouldn't understand the caution that Joseph would have to take in this situation of an invitation. "Well, if you want I can have Jacques make a magic clone of Soma and he could take you out on a date?" Joseph poked at the fun as well, aware that Jian had pushed both Isaac and Cordelia out of the room earlier. He meant no harm by it though, simply to fluster Jian was all. Though, he did notice how she seemed to look around as if someone else was speaking..

Jacques observed Jian the most during the conversation, he noticed her unusual actions, her clear annoyance, as well as her stares all around the room. He found it odd, knowing Jian very well that wasn't what she was like. After having Riko situate himself at the table. He would have explained to the young man that he didn't mean only with his physical training..He meant within everything Riko will soon learn about. But he decided to hold his own comments, guessing that first-hand experience is sometimes better to break the mold for anyone than someone telling it to them. Soma would be his trainer for the day of the Festival, perhaps that's just the person he needed to have him realize. Nonetheless the old butler stayed within the corner of the room, watching over his masters.​
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back