• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Mission 3
Fever Dream
Hunter Cordelia
Trainee (Soon to be Hunter) Isaac.

Within the border between Halbert and Kings Gate City, a Succubus has been causing mischeif, sucking the life out of sleeping men. This monster is considered powerful because of its speed and ability to create an afterimage of itself. Proceed with caution. Succubus seems to use shadow magic as a means for battle. Stay within areas that are brightly lit, to weaken the Succubus' battlefield advantage. Isaac will be one step closer to acquiring the rank of Hunter through this mission.

(Only Severia Severia and ebb ebb are now allowed to post in the Main IC for 24 hours, it can be extended another day if need be because of irl situations.)​

rpnbanner1.jpg

Isaac stood where Soma had been moments before. Shellshoked, he stared blankly at the waves lapping the rocks, processing what had just happened. “That could’ve been bad,” he fretted, referring to Soma. He turned to Cordelia, ocean winds whipping at his hair. “Well, he’s in good hands now. There’s not much we can do to now, and standing around isn’t helping anyone.” His stomach burned with eagerness to go on the mission. After today, he could be officially onboarded.

Abandoning the shore, he climbed the crest towards the stables, expecting Cordelia to be in pursuit. The tension of their confrontation had faded since Soma’s injury, but he hadn’t forgotten. They could either take a carriage or ride onto location. After the events of today, he didn’t especially feel like dishing out compliments, as the enigmatic drivers tended to be touchy. Riding it is.

Swinging open the stable door with a plume of dust and hay, he eyed his options. Joseph’s horses were known to be quality, but there were a few that were flighty or bucked if you pressed them. Selecting one that he’d had a good experience with in the past, he hefted a saddle off the wall and went about suiting up his ride.

Swinging onto his steed, he brought it to a gentle trot, circling the grassy clearing outside the stable. “Let me know if you need a boost, dear Cordelia. I know it’s not easy being short. Or, I mean, I really don’t know what that’s like- but I can imagine.” He brought his brows together in fake sympathy. Incana cackled.

Severia Severia Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Cordelia Zale
A Sleeping Passenger

Cordelia was surprisingly quiet while listening to the silver-haired demon’s condition. Watching the butler taking Soma away, she turned to see Isaac heading to the stable. For a moment, she considered jumping in the river right away and head to the mission site alone, which, even considering all the detour she had to make, was still faster than any mean of transportation the estate could provide.

However, she was tired enough for a certain event to flashed through her head.

Long time ago, Cordelia once chose to abandon her ally for a short time. While she succeed in what she was doing, the loss was irreplaceable.

The girl looked at Isaac, sighed, and went after him.

Having heard the word short, the pink girl raised her eyebrow before answering him with

A high jump

That sent her body flying. Her destination was on Isaac’s horse, right behind him.

Well, if you can imagine then you should know that being short also has its pros.

After talking back a bit, she decided to not waste her energy any further, the girl set her position and

Alright, we’re heading to the border between Halbert and Kings Gate. I’m gonna rest. Wake me up when we’re there. Good night, coachman.

After saying that without pausing or letting the man interrupted, the girl immediately let out a cute, soft snore.

ebb ebb Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

The Succubus

Awakening in the dead of night, she looked rather unpleasant for something considered to be beautiful, the Hell Gate was a pain in the ass to slip through, but she still had enough power to use her intense speed, only her shadow magic was weakened. Standing up she finally shape-shifted her image into a more beautiful demon. Worthy of her name. She wanted the lifeforce of man... it seemed she had arrived within the forest. What a drag...she would need to dash her way back to the houses of those delicious young men. Cracking her fingers as she went along strolling through the woods. She was in no rush.. she didn't even take notice of there being Hunters out tonight.
Severia Severia ebb ebb

rpnbanner1.jpg

"I’m gonna rest. Wake me up when we’re there. Good night, coachman.”

Isaac opened his mouth to object, but Cordelia was already snoring contently. That girl was a lot sometimes. Sighing, he let her sleep, looking forward to a little time alone. Wow. Now she’s sleeping on the job? Unbelievable. Incana growled. Well- almost alone. He kicked his horse into a faster gallop, sending clumps of dirt flying behind them. He wanted to get the mission finished before the darkness crept in.

As they entered the woods, he slowed the horse’s cadence, carefully leading it under branches and over protruding roots. A small songbird trilled, settling in for the night. Isaac loved being in the wilderness, the fresh cool air made him feel cleansed.

On guard for a demon attack at any moment, he surveyed the path intently. Down the trail, he noticed a figure. He drew a small knife from his belt with his left hand, keeping his right firmly gripped on the saddle. As the shadow drew closer, he breathed with relief when he noticed it was just a woman. A very beautiful woman. “Ho!” He called, bringing his horse to a stop and dismounting gently, as to not wake Cordelia. Hailing the woman, he approached nonchalantly. “Hello! How is the night treating you? Are you familiar with this area? We’re searching for a demon-” he coughed, realizing he didn’t know exactly what they were looking for. “Probably yay high,” he held up an arm to indicate a tall foe. “Probably super gross. Ugly. Maybe a few scales?” He squinted, waiting to see if any recognition crossed her face.

Speaking of her face. He was having a hard time looking away from her long eyelashes and perfect skin. In fact, he was having trouble concentrating on anything at all.

Why were they in the woods again?

The Succubus

During her stroll through the forest to the border, she caught from afar a horse moving into view. With a man and a sleeping..little girl behind his person? How intriuging. When the man called out to her, she simply stood there, pleasant and as radiant as can be. A million dollar smile on her face, while Isaac spoke to her, she leaned in curiously, hands behind her back to look interested about his questions. "Looking for a demon, huh...I bet he means me, what a foolish boy. Not only have you made the biggest mistake, you've made yourself look like a complete idiot by doing so.."

The succubus giggled lightly at his description, as if he were joking with her about the demon. "Good sir, I don't believe I've seen any "demons" around these parts, nor have I ever seen a man like yourself. Pray do tell, where do you come from?" She inquired, simply playing the part with this man. She knew exactly where he came from..He was a hunter. And damned him for nearly breaking her cool, especially after he called her super gross. Behind her, her hands were slowly creating long, piercing nails of shadow magic so that she would dispose of this boy quickly, and perhaps even suck the essence of his youth away from him..He did seem quite lively, but she could tell deep inside him hid a beast that would complicate her little stroll through the town. So she wouldn't drink from his lifeforce..She'd leave him dying on the ground most likely.
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

rpnbanner1.jpg

Isaac was floating. He felt he was falling into the depths of the woman’s eyes, like he’d just downed half a bottle of bourbon and falling face first into a murky pond. Nauseous, he tried desperately to remember what he was doing. His arms felt clumsy and oversized, so he didn’t know what to do with them.

"Good sir, I don't believe I've seen any "demons" around these parts, nor have I ever seen a man like yourself. Pray do tell, where do you come from?"

“Hmm-?” He smiled dreamily. “Oh, right. Demons. Who cares about demons? And I’m from Jigram by the way, the nice part of Jigram. My family ran a whole school out there, so I guess you could say I’m a scholar.” Isaac wanted to tell her everything. His life story, his dreams, every last detail. He felt like he’d known this woman forever, and the feeling in his chest was undeniably love. “But, uh- who cares about me.” He mumbled drunkenly. “Tell me more about yourself.”

Behind him, his horse knickered, kicking at the grass. Disoriented, he glanced back at where Cordelia slept. Annoyed that someone might interrupt him meeting the love of his life, he turned away, stepping closer to the woman. She smelled amazing. He was faintly aware of a voice in his head growling and screeching insults, but that wansn't important right now.

Cordelia Zale
Hunter’s Creed

Isaac?

The moment the horse stopped moving, Cordelia slowly opened her eye and dizzily murmured. Where was that guy going to? She thought she told him to wake—

The aqua eyes moved ahead of the trainee and were fixed at the sight of a beautiful woman... walking in the forest alone? So Isaac were concerned about that beautiful woman’s safety and went to talk to her? That was nice. Cordelia thought and was about to continue sleeping when something bugged her mind.

Wait... did she just think of her as a beautiful woman, so naturally!?

You are ugly.

Was the voice that slipped through her lip. Soon, she reviewed about the woman again and what she had in mind was

Yeah, that beautiful woman was ugly.

Cordelia suddenly became alerted, it’s like something kept telling her that the woman was a beauty. Running through her memories, the girl tried to recall an image of a mission board that she dismissively looked at.

-Major- Yeah it started with that. The far side of Halbert City, closest to Kings Gate City, She already knew that. a powerful... Think harder! ...succubus...!

As the gaze of Isaac went back to the horse, Cordelia was no longer there.

Wow, that’s an interesting magic!!

Speaking from the back of the succubus with the voice expressing curiosity and wonder was the girl that definitely wasn’t standing there a second before. Smiled to the taller couples, she added.

But I’m soooo sorry that it won’t go through any defenseless body as you hoped!!

The short blade in her hand became a silvery-blue flash, aiming at the back of the beautiful woman.

The (very hangrey) Succubus

U..UGLY!?! DID THAT PIPSQUEAK JUST CALL HER...UGGLY!??!!?
The Succubus flaired in anger. She would not be disrespected by a little girl who hadn't gone through puberty yet (Haha lil kid joke about puberty). But in that instant she allowed her anger to show, the child had appeared from behind her. She cursed at herself for allowing her emotions to get the best of her...But then she realized she could turn this into her favor. She quickly spun around, clashing with Cordelia's weapon in an instant and moved behind Isaac. Almost in fear of her life. "Oh good sir, kind sir! Would you please get rid of this horrible child! She's insulted by beauty! I feel myself about to cry.." She gripped Isaac's shoulders rather tightly, in a facade of fear. Grinning at the little brat below.
ebb ebb Severia Severia

rpnbanner1.jpg

"Oh good sir, kind sir! Would you please get rid of this horrible child! She's insulted by beauty! I feel myself about to cry.."

Anger slammed into Isaac, and he glared in disbelief at Cordelia, bearing no recognition for his fellow hunter. How dare she disrespect the love of his life like that? Why would anyone have a problem with his beautiful blossoming romance? “Of course my love, anything for you,” he slurred, teetering on his feet. “You! Little girl.” He raised an arm threateningly. “You dare to disrespect my sun and I will personally end your life.” Nauseous, he fumbled to grip his knife, but his fingers felt like clammy sausages. Bending over, he had to breathe for a moment, breaking out in a cold sweat. Was he coming down with something? He didn’t feel right.

Giving up on the knife, he opted to rush Cordelia head on. Stooping to pick a gnarled branch from the ground, he used it like a javelin, hurling it her way.

Cordelia Zale
An Angry Swordmaster

She was fast.

The hunter concluded as her attack was deflected. As she heard the succubus’s facade, she snorted and

Hmph, as if that’s gonna wo—

*Clang*

The short blade flew from her hand, deflecting the branch that was coming at her.

Cold gaze fixed on the betrayer, the cold voice resounded.

You’ll regret this.

Cordelia donned her umbrella, as though a child that was saying “let’s play a sword fight”

If not for that murderous eyes that was piercing through her fellow hunter.

She jumped, faster than the man could react. As she was right in front of him, the girl raised her umbrella.

A canopy detached, a bluish-white silk was shoved into the tattooed man’s face, limiting his field of vision.

Faster than earlier, the girl stopped at Isaac’s back and—

With all her strength, the muddy texture of her flat shoes was printed on his back.

Feint. A technic that relies on distracting, deceptive movement to create an opening. Just now, she focused her killing intent on Isaac, giving the succubus a false sense of security.

Having used a launch pad, the girl closed her distance with the taller woman. Without delay, she repeatedly thrusted her umbrella turned rapier in an extreme speed, creating a white barrage. With feint being used, no matter how fast her opponent was, they were bound take some damage, if not becoming a beehive on spot.

The Succubus

The fight was quick, quicker than she expected from her heroic toy. How piti-
Her thoughts were cut short, the little brat was coming straight at her now, and despite all her speed, she was unable to block all of the hits. Being poked and prodded by the sharp rapier hidden in plain-sight as an umbrella. The succubus snarled as she was hit, but she wasn't through. Oh no, not just yet! This little brat would feel the full force of her power. Letting go of her "Beautiful" disguise, she allowed her true form to manifest, her large shadow claws becoming longer.
She parried the next hit from the child's rapier. trying to throw the child's balance off by parrying upwards. When she did so, she would drive the 5 claws of her other hand straight at the child's face with blinding speed..Let's see if the little imp could dodge this one. The Succubus would be surprised, if anything..And perhaps give up entirely on fighting if the child did come out unscathed. She knew her limits, and she wouldn't want to tarnish herself just for the sake of winning against a pipsqueak.
ebb ebb
Severia Severia

rpnbanner1.jpg

Midstride, a flash of color blocked his vision, making him flinch and clamber for his face instinctively. Before he had a chance to recover, the kick to his back hammered the breath from his lungs, leaving his chest empty as he gasped for breath. He yelled intangibly, ripping the blindfold from his face, bright with rage.

Overwrought with fear, he could only watch as the beautiful love of his life was savagely attacked.

Beautiful-?

Isaac gaped at the now gruesome creature, unprepared for the reveal of her true nature. All at once, the sensory and auditory plug had been pulled. Everything sharpened, and his pupils dilated as the purpose of the journey rushed back. Gulping, the air felt clean and crisp, waking him up. Along with Incana.

“YOU GODDAMN STUPID HUMAN. I HOPE SHE EATS YOU. EATS YOU AND PICKS HER TEETH WITH YOUR BONES AND THROWS THEM IN A RIVER.”

“Right. The mission. A succubus. Ugh-” sitting up, he rubbed his face with his palms, annoyed. “Stop yelling at me and put yourself you use, don’t embarrass us.”

“DON’T EMBARRASS US?” Incana yakked, tongue spewing saliva. “God, no. Don’t let me embarrass us. Not after your stunning performance.” Incana slinked out from within Isaac, crouched near the ground, eyes huge and tail twitching rhythmically. The demon crept one foot forward, like it was stalking a deer. Finally bothering to drag himself from the dirt, he felt the tug of a welcome from Icana. Allowing him a sliver of control, he felt his breathing fall in line with the beast as it waited for the right moment to join the fray.

Last edited:
Cordelia Zale
A Hunter Finishing the Job

As her thrust was parried vertically and her balance was ripped off, Cordelia clicked her tongue annoyingly. For a moment, she thought about giving the gruesome demon some respect and -returning a favor-

That would be overkill though.

Having received a fatal attack while being off balance, the girl snapped her fingers. For anyone familiar with her, it's an action always seen when some water was about to being controlled, but... where to find the water... in the middle of a forest?

The answer was simple, incredibly simple.

The ferocious claws made a loud clashing sound as it... clashed with a floating tiara!

Objects involving Cordelia like Irvi’s bracelet had something in common; a silvery blue color and a transparent surface that made them look like glass or ice. However, unlike water that was ripped off its temperature or an object that was so fragile and easily broken, it was something entirely different

A part of a water demon’s body, or a strengthened, solidified water, so to speak.

Without explaining that to the likely dumbfounded succubus, the corner of Cordelia's mouth slightly twitched as she gave the demon a triumphant, pitiful gaze that was soundlessly saying

It’s over.

From an unexpected angle, a once knocked off short blade, another object that was glittering in silvery blue light, launched itself up from the ground and flew straight to the demon’s flank. She made sure that the attack wouldn't be fatal even if the demon failed to notice the attack.

After all, the most entertaining part always began after the fight!

The Succubus

She was caught, and she knew that quite clearly. What ashame...She wanted more fun. The demon gave no satisfaction to the little girl, even as the other object attacked her. She simply chuckled with a slight cough. Gripping the objects pierced into her body. "Well well well...Little demon girl has some carnage in her.. Master has told me much about you.. Both of you, honestly." The succubus cackled at the both of them.
"I wonder how it would've turned out if my night had been longer. Oh poo, you Hunters always ruin the fun. That boy over there, he must be a greenhorn. Getting caught in my trap so easily...Do you think you'll ever become a REAL hunter? Please.." She grimaced lightly. Then looked straight at Cordelia, grinning at her with such a vacant stare that it was odd, it didn't seem like the succubus this time around.. "No matter how many demons you kill, no matter how many days you may look back and remember your dear old friend..She'll never find rest where she is. I made sure of that.."

The Succubus laughed again, louder this time. Darker this time. "I lost, I can see that.. But I won't give you no satisfaction for getting your little reward. Master is already upset with my failure...I must be punished for my failures.." She laughed almost hysterically this time, her eyes stung with tears..An odd sight for a Succubus. "Please forgive me please forgive me please forgive me.." She said, over and over, quicker each time. As the shadows crowded around her, spikes forming out from them, dozens of them began stabbing into the Succubus at once. It only took 3 of the spikes to lodge into her skull, until she fell silent entirely. Soon enough her whole body was just consumed by the shadows, leaving not a trace of her existence..

Mission 3: Complete..
Fever Dream
Hunter Cordelia
Trainee Isaac (Soon to be Hunter)
The Succubus' cool broke, and fear shone in her eyes as her death came to her, not by the hands of the Hunters, no. But by herself. Kings Gate and Halbert City will sleep peacefully tonight, the essence of youth still preserved.. Though the chill in the air lingered, darkness still crowded every inch and corner of this night. The night is still young, and the forest that night grew thick with the sensation of sadness and fear..
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
tumblr_mwxs09Zvpw1smzgpoo1_1280.png

~​
Regular posting is now available again until Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre returns. Congratulations everyone on their missions!
animegirl20 animegirl20
Svisttt Svisttt
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cordelia Zale
A Sad Girl
A shadow flashed through Cordelia's aqua pupils almost the same moment that the succubus finished speaking in a completely different tone and vibe.

Why... Even though she never told anyone, not even her trustworthy Cerberus family members, so why...? Who in the hell was this Master!!?

Even after the demon committed suicide and vanished in the shadow, the girl was standing still, facing the direction where it was.

A long while after that, she turned to Isaac and raised her rapier. After some letters carved on the blade glowed, a blue silk canopy that lied near the man abruptly burst off the ground. As she closed her now-umbrella and held it at her waist, the girl skillfully made a bright whistle. Seeing Isaac's horse strolled toward her, she looked at the man himself and threw a lifeboat-like question.

"So Isaac, your face are basically screaming "I want to say something to this kind, cute girl in front of me", what is it?"

Despite trying to go her usual style, the voice was surprisingly weak and low, not from tiredness, uncertainty nor anger.

ebb ebb

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngWhen Jian and Sayogoromo made it home she looked over to him. "Well I'm heading to bed. Night Sayo see you in the morning." Jian went straight up the stairs to head to her room. While walking down the hall she paused in front of Soma's room and glanced at it. She was debating if she should go in and check how things were going. She had been so worried earlier though worries had calmed during the mission. She yawned man she was tired...she'd see him in the morning. She continued on to her room. Once she reached her room she set her weapon down she took off her armor and changed her into her night gown. She then turned off the lights and got into bed and soon enough fell asleep.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Attachments

• 726e04970043c8ab28b5913630269119.jpg
    726e04970043c8ab28b5913630269119.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

rpnbanner1.jpg

"So Isaac, your face are basically screaming "I want to say something to this kind, cute girl in front of me", what is it?"

Cute girl? Where? I don’t see any cute girls. Incana sniveled, biting at the underside of his paw.

Isaac was relieved that Icana wasn’t possessing him when he made that remark. He'd lived at the estate for long enough to recognize that something was off with Cordelia. She seemed deflated, like something about this mission had affected her in a negative way. Glancing between Cordelia and his demon, he made a choice. Incana was already angry at his for what happened with the succubus, so why try to save face now?

He pressed his hands together in front of him. “I’m sorry-” Icana’s head whipped around at the sound of the apology, as he hated those magic words. Tough luck. “-if I put us in danger. I would never do that intentionally.” He spoke earnestly, giving her open eye contact.

“No-” Incana rose to stalk around Isaac, tail low to the ground. “No, no, no, NO. He’s not sorry.” The beast licked him nose slowly. “It’s your fault for being asleep, if you were awake to warn him, like you should’ve been, none of this would’ve happened. You knew that he was a new hunter and you let him get into trouble, you-”

“Would you shut up?” Isaac snapped, glaring hatefully. “It’s not her responsibility to baby sit me, for god's sake..” The two of them spent a long moment in a standoff before Isaac dismissed the demon by mounting his horse. He offered Cordelia a hand, not that she needed it, and tried his best to ignore the low rumble escaping from Icana’s throat. The demon didn’t attempt to repossess Isaac and opted to trot beside the horse instead. He’d never seen Incana so mad.
Severia Severia

Last edited:
Irvi listened as the man explained what had happened to one of the hunters he'd mentioned earlier, Soma. Though she didn't even know him, she felt a little ache in her chest when she heard the news. Irvi glanced down at the blossom she was holding, smiled a little, and hoped he recovered soon.

After a seemingly endless silence between them, the young girl plopped down onto the grass and gazed at all the flowers, not sure where to look. Everything seemed to catch her attention, and as her eyes flickered over the scene she found it extremely difficult to focus on just one thing. Her aunt had grown things in their own little garden back home, like many of the other residents in Halbert. They'd never grown very many flowers though, which had disappointed Irvi until they'd begun growing these huge pumpkins for the fall. Her gaze trailed down to the grass below her as her mind wandered back to her aunt, and their little house, and that damn cat her aunt would always shoo away from their yard...

Irvi scolded herself for letting her thoughts go in that direction and lied down on the cool, soft grass. There weren't many stars out yet, but they'd come peeking out soon enough. She could feel her eyes drooping down, the little bit of food she ate making her feel warm and fuzzy and ready for a nap.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Jacques: Butler of Cerberus Vale.

The old man was snipping some flowers off from the garden, grabbing a bunch and tying them nice and neat. He would give this to Irvi, to allow her to give it to Soma as a means of "get well". His mind would lightly wander into his past with the little troublemaker, his heart was pure in the sense of good intentions but he'd no less enjoy causing mischief wherever he could. Soma, seemed to never have changed from his childhood. Always being cocky, impulsive, brash, and completely knuckleheaded. But Jacques did notice change in Soma, he matured in many areas some don't notice. In terms of Joseph, he had already surpassed the old legendary demon.
The butler watched as she began to nod off, kneeling down he snapped his fingers, a small fire producing in his hand, he put it closer towards Irvi, trying to observe the flame..See if anything unusual happened to it. There was a reason Irvi liked the sweaters on her person, 3 of them no less. She liked warmth. But why did she like warmth was what Jacques wanted to know. And what would it lead to? Was she able to manipulate fire? He would watch the flame, eager to see if anything happened.

Svisttt Svisttt

Soma: The Mummy-Devil

His body was wrapped in a multitude of bandages. And he certainly looked like a mummy in all of that wrapping. Inside the bandages though, his body began to heal rather slowly. Thankfully his powers had returned just in time. The young man would stay in a comatose state though, resting and regaining his health slow but surely. While in his slumber, he would be remembering his journey through sailing the sea with Joseph, learning much about his kind, training in swordsmanship, and arriving to Bordova.

Sayogoromo

The mission was a success, but that was a given with his powers and, Jian’s skills. Their returns to the mansion was bittersweet for. Sayogoromo though. It meant they were safe, but reminded him of how much of a prisoner he had allowed himself to become. With a heavy sigh, he stuffed his fans and hairpins into the obi of his kimono and then climbed out of the carriage. “Home.” He mumbled as he started toward the entrance.

The memory of a near-dead soma flashed into the demon’s mind as he crossed the threshold into the home. He didn’t know if the older demon had died from his wounds or not, but that wasn’t very likely. Rather than sit and guess, Sayogoromo headed straight up stairs. First he stopped in his own room to grab his beloved smoking pipe and change his clothes. When he emerged from his room in a loosely fitting, pink kimono, Sayogoromo headed straight to Soma’s room. The sound of his bare feet across the floor echoed lightly through the halls.

When he reached, Soma’s bedroom, Sayogoromo didn’t bother to knock. He entered the room and gently closed the door behind him. “Soma, I hope you’re not teetering on death’s door.” A small smile formed on his face and the demon headed over to the bed. He reached into his sleeves and pulled out the smoking pipe along without some matches. “And I hope you’re not sleeping because I want to talk.” Without a second thought he climbed into the bed and sat down by, Soma’s feet.

Suffice to say, Irvi fell asleep quickly, exhausted from the events of the day. (that rhymed oops)

Her dreams were vivid, visions of a blurry face smiling down at her and holding her hand. She couldn't see the person's face, but she felt warm and safe with them, like she was back home, but without her aunt. They weren't even in that old house, rather a field that smelled vaguely of pumpkins and flowers. Irvi sluggishly trailed after the person, trying to get a glimpse of their face. It felt like she wasn't able to look at them, her eyes moving on their own to gaze at something else. Everything looked and felt so real to her, the breeze playing with her hair and occasionally kicking up a few leaves that somehow managed to find themselves astray on the ground. She glanced around, wondering how there were leaves without any trees.

The dream shifted after awhile of that, with the figure letting go of the young girl's hand and sticking their hands in their pockets, walking away from her until they were far out of sight. Irvi frowned, finding herself unable to move her legs to continue chasing after them, to chase after the warmth and peace they gave her. She sat down, alone in the field that had begun to smell of smoke and the sickly sweet smell that came with a dying flower. For some reason, more people had suddenly begun to walk by her, men, women, little children... but they didn't see her. She watched as a little girl chased after her mother, giggling as the woman scooped the child into her arms. Irvi tried smiling, trying to be happy for the people she was invisible to.

In real life, there were no streams of people in the Estate's little garden, simply her and Jacques, who had created a flame. It didn't do anything very special at first, until after awhile it began to grow and twist into various shapes that had trouble staying in place. After a little while longer, it took on the shape of a flower, much like the ones close by it. This time, it held its shape, although it twisted and shivered as though the wind was guiding it along.

d34f9c6c7187780254c3dec240186b2b.jpg

Jacques: Butler of Cerberus Vale

The Butler's eyes widened upon the shaping of the flames. A beautiful flower forming from his hands, simply made by the tiny fire. He closed his hand, the fire disappearing from sight. "Fire manipulation..She must be attuned to fire magic then." Jacques said to himself. He noticed the child was now, fully in slumber. Looking at the time on his pocket watch, he noticed it was indeed late. Slipping his pocket watch back into his breast pocket he picked up the little girl, softly into his arms. Carrying her out of the garden and back into the mansion.
Inside the mansion, he walked up the steps slow and easy. Careful to not awaken the child in his arms. Jacques had been renovating one of the rooms for the new recruits, and when Irvi had arrived at the estate he took her belongings to one of the rooms. It was a spacious room, two windows by both sides of the bed. A sofa in the far corner. When Irvi would settle in, she would decorate her room however she would please. Opening the door to the room he slowly slid her into her bed covers, standing tall and tucking her in. "Goodnight Master Irvi, pleasant dreams be to you." He had taken the flower from her hand and exchanged it for the boquet he made. Setting it in a vase next to her bed. After that, as he was walking out, he turned slightly, snapping his fingers quickly in the direction of a candle on the bed-side table. It lit up quickly, providing extra warmth to the child if needed. He then left the room quietly, closing the door. He would ensure the flower be gifted to Soma, though for now he placed the flower in his breast pocket.
Svisttt Svisttt

Soma: The Mummy-Devil

Unaware of Sayogoromo's presence, Soma healed. Silent as can be, the soft sounds of his breathing would be able to tell that he was indeed, asleep and healing from his battle. Soma's memories drifted, having finally arrived at Bordova and Joseph having purchased the estate..He was a boy then, and he had asked a question to Joseph on that day. "What does Cerberus Vale mean? What does it stand for?"
The young Joseph, smiled and showed Soma the family crest. A large 3 headed dog, each head was weilding a sword in hand. Each sword had chains wrapped around the blade, behind the heads was a gate, closed by the chains. "Cerberus is a Greek mythical beast that guarded the gates to the Underworld for Hades. What made Cerberus so special was the 3 heads this beast had, and it was tasked with the job of keeping the dead from leaving the underworld. We are much like Cerberus, in the essence that we keep monsters from coming to and from Earth as they please, killing as many as they want. Back then, when I was a General.. Monsters were allowed to do whatever they wanted, I soon learned from my mistakes and made the choice to help the humans, free them from being attacked or expierence so much pain and torture by the hands of monsters. Certainly, humans have been able to fight against monsters before, but they never knew of the Hell Gate. With the gate closed, humans have the advantage now, as long as they've trained to fight against monsters."
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Cordelia Zale
A Honest(!?) Girl Making a Report
That demon sure was rude and arrogance, but some of his blunt words, particularly “It’s your fault” and “None of this would’ve happened” had rubbed salt in her old wound. Silently clenching her teeth, Cordelia didn’t talk back to the demon, it was Isaac who saved her from the surge of negative emotions. As she saw that, the girl adjusted her breath and regained her composure. Responded to his apology was

It’s okay. Technically speaking, you didn’t, and couldn’t put us in danger, even if you might wanted to

Having half-jokingly said that in a cheerful tone, she finished it with a wink. The sad girl just now vanished without a trace. No, it was more accurate to say that she was completely suppressed with the help of the trainee. After that, she continued talking cheerfully, completely ignoring the meanie dog, as though only her and Isaac were presented.

Having got on the horseback by Isaac’s help, she returned the favor by... mischievously warned him.

By-the-way, you do know that we have to report about our mission right? Normally if it’s a pair or group mission, I’m absolutely not doing it, but since you are a trainee, guess it can’t be helped.

She paused, omitting “even if it’s a single mission, I’m still not doing it” and continued.

And unfortunately, a good girl doesn’t lie, so I’ll have to report all our actions to Joseph in details, any objection?

It’s not like she asked for an answer.

A long while after that.

Hey Jacques. Where’s Joseph? I need to make a mission report...

They were currently In front of Irvi’s room. The butler must be shocked, no matter how well he hid it. Cordelia was always known for reporting “Mission complete, don’t ask more” out of annoyance, even when being asked in a meeting, so the fact that she personally looked for him and asked to make a report was something else

...and has some important discussion.

Her eyes slightly lost its enthusiastic light as she said this.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Sayogoromo
No response from the injured demon; which wounds like his it wasn’t surprising that he would be fast asleep. “I should have known.” Sayogoromo rose from the bed and turned his back to the unconscious hunter. His question would have to wait until, Soma had d woken. “I can a time least keep you company; I’ve done it for hundreds of people in the past.” With his smoking pipe tucked between his fingers, Sayogoromo moved to the corner of the room opposite, Soma’s bed. His back pressed against the wall and then he slowly slid down to the floor with his legs folded underhimself. As he struck a match, Sayogoromo made himself comfortable in the corner and smirked when the match lit the pipe.

“People used to pay for my company. New guests, reoccurring guests, you name it.” Sayogoromo’s lungs filled with the smoke and when he exhaled, he breathed it towards Soma. The herb said he burned always helped with his own pain; they might now lessen Soma’s, if he felt any. The demon leaned back again the wall and closed his eyes as the smoke cleansed him of all the day’s stresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back