• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Cerberus Vale- Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Riko Miracus

Riko still felt the dread in his stomach. Other than hunger, he felt like he is being eyed on somewhere. Riko's poker face is extremely hard to break. If he looks nervous or acts suspicious, it would be obvious that he is uncomfortable. He always feels disturbance and always will be at this point. He didn't want to make eye contact with anyone so he has no choice but to sit down in one of the seats. Riko remained clam and cool headed at this point. He was tired of all the things he has done in his past but he doesn't have worry again.

He chose the seat area where he can sit close or even next to Joseph. Not because Riko is scared of making new friends, it's because of his standard ways of being a pawn of things. Riko doesn't see the whole "family" concept thing. He still sees himself as an outcast, for now. The boy walked silently to the area he desired to sit on. Riko sat in silence, waiting for the dinner to start. He never thought he'll see the day that he is going to be fine. Riko looked down on his lap without saying a word. Unlike Irvi. He didn't bother to make friends nor talk to anyone. He always gets the bad side every time he talks. A mindset that ruins his very personality. He just sat there. Staring creepily on his own lap. His face was staring down and his body is hardly moving. It looks like his soul decided for a minute and just left the body lifeless. Riko was cursed to think of bad thoughts about his past when he is lonely. So, imagine his older days. While everyone was talking. He is in a constant battle between him and his past. The fight between them has been fair. Looking Riko's dead yet breathing sitting position is just rather disturbing.

Last edited:
So much for progress.

On the bright side, Irvi didn't feel like she was freezing anymore- she felt like she was burning up, with heat flashing across her shoulders and neck. The down side was the fact that she probably could've started crying right there and then, had she not forced herself to hold the tears back. She listened to him yell at her, not knowing how to respond, not knowing if she even could respond. Was this her fault? It must've been if he was so angry with her. Irvi gripped her arms, trying to figure out what she'd already done wrong. Everything? Was it just how she was in general? Am I this awful to be around?

Irvi glanced at the door, trying not to show her face too much to hide the few tears managing to escape her eyes. She wanted to get out of the room, but she knew she'd just get lost and make herself look even more like an idiot. She didn't even bother to move her chair again- Isaac had moved himself and she didn't want to piss him off anymore. She hadn't wanted to make anyone upset with her already.

Irvi silently wiped at her face before balling her hands up in her lap, bunching up her many sweaters. Yeah. Sure. Real nice people.

Joseph: Lord of Cerberus Vale
Joseph noticed the small outburst Isaac had, and was about to scold him for his rudeness in-front of the new recruits. His anger flaired only a small amount. And the room's air grew thick, heavy with a sense of wrath. Joseph's power was taking into effect. And he was ensuring Isaac felt the full brunt of it. "Isaac Fowler" He spoke, in a tone such as that of a father who was not in the mood for a temper tantrum. "Say you're sorry to Miss Irvi, this instant. That is not how you treat a lady, much less a new member of our family. I understand your anger is hard to control. But that is no right to begin snapping at others for something you started first hand." Joseph was never a man to show anger easily, and he had to raise Soma!

Jacques: Butler of Cerberus Vale
The old man had been in the corner of the room, watching over the family. It had its dysfunctional moments, and he knew when he needed to step in. Especially for the people whom were new to the estate. He had done it with Jian, and it seemed he would have to do it with Irvi. Silent as anything, he walked over to the young lady's chair, lightly tapping at her shoulder. "Hello, miss. I am Jacques, the Butler. Let me take you outside into the garden. The cool, fresh air will provide you a certain comfort I am sure. Plus, I think you're being overwhelmed by all the new things happening around you. Its best to take it in moderation, no?" He smiled softly, adjusting his monocle. Wisdom favored the old man, having been the butler of this establishment for 100 years and counting, he was no slacker with his duties, nor the emotional being of his masters.​
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
SynapseAnalyst SynapseAnalyst
Severia Severia
Soma: White Haired Devil
What Soma heard, shocked him and not only that made him question what was going on. The pain from that push wasn't even that bad. It was the slam into the wall that hurt the most honestly. A brother though..But how? He didn't know of his family, at least not his real one. Joseph never could put a finger on who Soma was related to in the Demon World. A guy with a katana shows up, saying he was his brother? Seems out of this world..But in Bordova, a lot of things could be out of this world. He had to get back in control of himself though, before it was too late. Soma slid out of the tiny crack in the wall. Running at the mysterious swordsman. Revolver in hand, he began to dance with the swordsman in a way, using the revolver to deflect or parry the scabbard of the swordsman, weaving in and out. Both of them staying within shoulder's length of another, feet placed in a certain area for maximum control of the battlefield against one another. Always countering one another. Soma went for the shot, sliding the revolver into the swordsman's chest. About to pull the trigger, until the swordsman used his knee to push Soma's arm up towards the sky, with a slight bend of the knees and a slide backwards, the sword was drawn from the scabbard with such speed and elegance that Soma had no idea it was even used. A gash swept across Soma's waist, not too deep but deep enough to be felt. Soma winced, trying yet again to shoot the swordsman, who in turn this time parried the revolver out of his way, making a small incision against Soma's wrist.

???: Mysterious Swordsman
The man seemed very finite with emotion, only displaying mild annoyance with Soma. Ashamed almost, that his own little brother showed such a weak display in battle. Moving a few feet away he sighed. His hair had been messed up during the exchange. Using his hand he combed it backwards. "It would seem I am vastly superior to you. What a shame, I was hoping we'd both work together on a common goal to take over Hell..But it seems you're much too weak.." Soma's eyebrows furrowed. "I'll make you eat those words.. Trust me on that!" Soma shot at the man, getting in a good left hook before being pushed back by the man's foot straight into his stomach. The man decided to get a little more violent, dashing at Soma while he was stunned, and sliced across Soma's chest. A flash of light, and the man had moved past Soma. Sheating his sword, Soma's body was met with multiple cuts all across his body, blood spewing everywhere. Soma could only make a small noise of pain. Falling to his knees. "You may be a cocky little brat, but I must say you do give a good left hook...When your brother lets you." Slamming his scabbard into Soma's hand, he twisted the end of it so Soma would let go of the revolver. Soma howled out in pain because of this. "You must be so conflicted right now.. That's fine, I'll tell you my name first. Cerevantes. And we both hail from one of the most powerful devil clans within Hell.. Though its only you and me now, I had to kill mother and father. The path to power is paved with sacrifice, and I'm not one to falter in the face of sacrifice..Maybe this is all coming too strong onto you? Well, too bad..Because unless you show me a little more motivation..I'll kill you too."

Cordelia Zale
A Demon Girl Scolding a Demon and a Girl

After letting Riko and Irvi go take seats. Cordelia didn’t follow them. Instead, she leaned against the wall and watched unfolding scenes silently.

Really, there were new faces here and these guys didn’t even bother to hide their usual arrogant and dumb attitude like some elementary kids? Sigh, and she even told Irvi that they were nice. If she hadn’t worn herself out, they would be given some pieces of her mind by now. Heck, she could even stop that stupid quarreling by turning all those idiots against herself. After all, she was certain she wouldn’t lose against them in any verbal fight, or even an actual one if they were really that stup—

Cordelia changed her mind.

The moment Isaac’s voice and Irvi’s reaction entered her eye, the short girl forgot about her conditions and moved her finger. She was about to snap them when Joseph took his action. She nodded satisfyingly before opened her mouth.

Also while we’re at it—“ the cold, solemn voice that contrasted its speaker’s look wasn’t that loud, but in the room that Joseph just exploded and nothing but Jacque’s soft-spoken voice could be heard, it should be more than enough to draw attention.

Do I need to remind you that we have new members?” she crossed her arm and made a bored face. Her piercing glare pingponged between Jian and Sayogoromo. “And instead of showing them a warm, welcoming new home, you decided to pick on your fellow hunter in front of them?” Not wanting to cause further problem, she omitted a sarcastic “how nice!” before looking at the other side. Knowing Jacques, she looked past Irvi. Isaac’s dumbness was also unforgivable, but since Joseph already took care of him, she slowly looked back to the female knight, then to the thin demon.

How disappointing.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars animegirl20 animegirl20 and also everyone else in the room.

Sayogoromo had no real interest in the new members of the supposed family. He ddidnt think the small newcomer deserved to be attacked by, Isaac like that. Hearing Joseph berate the human, now that was amusing. Sayogoromo leaned on the table and smirked as he awaited yet another scene. It was moments like these that made him forget about his suffering and illness. However, the next comment came from an unexpected source and was aimed at himself.

Slowly, his eyes trailed from the small demon to, Jian and then back to Cordelia. “Has the shattering of your charade upset you, Cordelia? You shoutouts have stopped playing pretend centuries ago.” Lazily, he quickly pointed to all of the people seated at the table. “We aren’t dolls in a house. We’re living beings and we aren’t always model citizens or roommates. No amount of childish behavior or wishful thinking will change that.”

Sayogoromo leaned back in his seat and cleared his throat. His hands started to comb throughout his hair until he pulled back the locks of onyx hair and started to wrap them into a bun. “Better they see what the house is really like. At lest we’re being honest.” His features were creased by a cocky smirk as he plucked golden comb from his obi and placed it in his hair to hold the bun.

Severia Severia animegirl20 animegirl20 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Svisttt Svisttt

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).pngJian went still after hearing Sayogoromo response to Isaac. Even though he wasn't looking at her she could see the type of glare he was giving and the way his voice sounded. On those last six words.

"I’d pick you apart in seconds."

She flinched as a quick flash of a memory of her dead parents crossed her mind. How was she even able to be here and do what she does? She hunted demons the one thing that terrified her more then anything and yet when she fought them it wasn't hard or scary. She was more afraid the demons who were suppose to be family to her then the ones she actually fought. Why was that? Actually she knew why. For one thing these demons seemed to be stronger then most demons she had come across in a fact and also she was actually close with these guys. Friends even....just like the boy from her past.....seeing someone your close with and care about turning into this monster was probably the scariest thing a person could go through.

“Jian, we can discuss strategies on our way to the mission site.”

She jumped slightly at the sound of Sayogoromo's voice. "Huh?" She looked at him and smiled when she registered the words he had just said "Oh! Y-yeah we can." She saidmaking sure the body language she had was calm and relaxed. She then looked down at her food and went back to eating. Man this food was good. But she had to control herself. But man if she wasn't going on a mission tonight she would chowed down. A soft voice broke Jian from her thoughts as she heard the girl was name apparently was Irvi was sitting next to and introducing herself to Isaac. This girl was here to see how this guy acted right? Why would she be dumb enough to sit next to the guy? Jian didn't say anything though she waited and hoped Isaac wouldn't be a jerk. But of course the idiot just had to be rude. Good thing he wasn't here when she first arrive she probably would have had more issues then she already did. "Hey" She said looking at Irvi. "Don't worry about him to much he's....a acquired taste you have to get use to but don't worry his harmless." She said shooting a quick glare at Isaac but it was so quick that one might of thought they imaged it. "I'm Jian and it's very nice to meet you."

Jian noticed the boy who was now sitting in the chair seemed almost lifeless was he ok? She got up from her chair and walked to he's sit then squatted to look at him. "Hey you ok?" She said giving him a smile. But before she could say anything else the air grew think in the room and once again Jian's body stiffen but her face stayed neutral. It was Joseph and he was pissed. Jian stayed silent everyone did as he spoke to Isaac. Once he was done a soft sigh came from Jian and she was trying to think of what to say to the boy she was trying to comfort but again something interrupted her this time the little demon girl. Who for some reason mad at her and Sayogoromo. Jian stood up and her eyebrow twitched slightly. There so much she wanted to say but she kept those thoughts to herself and instead she smiled with no hint of anger in her eyes. Instead she created look very calm and left no hint or any traces of anger. "Right" Was the only word she could let out with out going off and getting into a argument. She then sighed patted the boy's shoulder then sat back in her seat and started eating.

While she was eating she noticed Jacques talking to Irvi asking her if she wanted to take a walk in the gardens. She remembered he did the same for her as well when she first came here. "You should go Irvi." Jian said speaking up. "You'd be surprise at just how much it calms the nerves."

Just when she thought things were going to calm down. Sayogoromo had to open his mouth. Jian felt like slamming her head against the wall. If these were about to blow up and fight she was not going to be here for it. She was tempted to walk out now and go on her mission alone but she kept herself in the chair sitting and trying to keep the neutral look on her face. Where the hell was Soma!? This be the perfect moment for him to walk in and say something incredibly stupid and break the tension in the room but of course he wasn't here. The one time they needed the idiot he wasn't here.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia
Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi

Attachments

• Xingcai_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_(DW9).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Cordelia Zale
A Girl Die When She is Killed... eh?

Cordelia clicked her tongue; she snapped and went a bit too far. Sayogoromo was just being Sayogoromo and there was no helping it. The girl wryly laughed to herself. Just how tired she was to actually snap over something like that. After regaining composure, she slowly walked to the table.

Being honest is nice, and yes, we are all different living being. I can’t deny it, you’re absolutely correct...

Her voice changed back to be bright and energetic, almost as if what happened before was a lie. The girl stopped at the opposite side of her conversation partner before continuing

However, just because you’re correct doesn’t mean you’re right. And of course, I’m always right.

Ended such childish remark with a wink to everyone, the girl ignored Sayogoromo and continued walking. As she reached Jian, she moved her head and lowered her voice so that only the human girl could hear.

Sorry for earlier and thanks for tolerating with us. I know you don’t cope well with demons, especially with that type” she pouted childishly to the thin demon, deliberately making it visible to the entire room before continued to her seat, which was an empty seat next to Isaac, but Cordelia already had an idea about what to do with him during the mission, so she just sat there without saying anything.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars animegirl20 animegirl20
@guys

She wasn't completely sure what was going on at this point, the air had suddenly grown heavy as Joseph scolded Isaac, and everything spiraled off from there with seemingly everyone beginning to talk at once. She tried not to cry any more, but it was difficult with everyone suddenly snapping at each other. From what she heard, Irvi guessed this might've been a normal and regular thing here. She... wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing, and didn't get much time to figure it out.

A posh buff looking man had come up to her, introducing himself as Jacques, and inviting her to come outside for a little walk. The girl named Jian urged her to go as well, and suffice to say she did not hesitate to stand up and trail after Jacques towards the door. She gave Riko a quick little wave, hoping no one would pick on him or anything of the like. The boy seemed distracted and distant though, and she wasn't sure if he even saw her, or even knew what was going on.

Sniffling a bit, Irvi pushed the door open and stepped out of the room, wishing the day would be over already.

From the moment she started to speak, Sayogoromo was tired of the conversation. He only had to half to tell the foolish demon had made no sense and that didn’t surprise him in the slightest. He watched her do her little dance around the room to her seat. “Tsk. Tsk.” The demon shook his head; embarrassed for Cordelia at her attempt to prove herself his better. “The appearance of a child and the ignorance to match. Well done, Cordelia you’re truly committed.” His tone wasn’t condescending, but more so effortless in his speaking. The hunters seemed to have something to say to him and thought tonight would be the best time to say it. Little did they know, he welcomed the challenge and the chance to best them all.

“Unless anyone else has any comments that they’d like to share or anything they’d like to whine about, I’m going to go prepare for my mission.” His eyes bounced from one side of the table to the other side; checking the faces of the people seated around him. While he continued to watch everyone, Sayogoromo rose from his seat and then pushed the chair back under the table. The folds in his kimono fell and the ensemble straightened back out.

Severia Severia animegirl20 animegirl20 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ebb ebb Svisttt Svisttt

isaacpractice.jpg

"Isaac Fowler"

At the mention of Isaac’s name, Icana shrunk back, letting out a small hiss. Isaac sat back in the chair, knotting his arms in front of him. Purposefully staring away from Joseph, he saw his point. He opened his mouth to give a half hearted apology, but Icana wouldn’t have it. Don’t you dare. Incana threatened. You apologize now and you’re getting the drowning nightmare for a whole month. You’re going to wish you’d actually drowned by the time I’m finished. Swallowing hard, he watched Jacques escort Irvi away. That was probably for the best.

Caught between pissing off Icana and suffering the sleepless nights, or pissing off the entire table, Isaac let the scene play out quietly for a moment.

"Don't worry about him to much he's....an acquired taste you have to get used to but don't worry he’s harmless."

He scoffed, throwing a mocking nose scrunch Jian’s way. “Mmm, and once you’ve acquired that taste- oh man.” He blew her a sarcastic kiss.

Isaac was a little relieved when Cordelia sat next to him, her dispute with Sayogoromo took some heat off his own back. He disagreed with her comment though, so he didn’t acknowledge her as she sat down, rubbing his neck so he could physically turn away from her.

Diss him. Diss him. Diss him. Diss-

Icana begged him to make another rude remark to Sayogoromo as he left. He fought the urge, chewing his lip. “Shut the fuck up,” he growled an Incana, out loud. Which made him look like a complete nutcase. He didn’t care about pissing off Sayogoromo, but receiving disapproval from Joseph reminded him of when he’d accidentally let the classroom lizard free as a child, and the crestfallen look he’d got from his father. Coughing into his hand to make the comment sound like he was just clearing his throat, he bit the bullet and turned to Cordelia. He’d have to talk to her if they were a team for the upcoming mission.

“So. Cor. You feeling pumped for tonight or what?” He forced a smile that portrayed as more of a grimace. “I think Sayogoromo has the right idea- for once. I should probably get ready as well.” He gave Joseph more of the smile-grimace. "Thank Jacques for me, the food was great." He threw his napkin on his plate, standing confidently and stretching as if he hadn't just ruined dinner.

Riko Miracus
What is wrong with this Fugitive child?

The atmosphere inside the room was intense and quiet yet he didn't seem to mind. He was used in this kind of atmosphere it wasn't something new. In fact all it's missing is a fist fight and he'll have a blast to the past. While Joseph is lecturing a fellow hunter. Riko was listening. His eyes are distracted but his hearing is present in the scene.

If there is one thing he islearning in this scene is that. He is beginning to see the negative side of the peeps here. Although, it may seem obvious but he also has picked up an old memory he wanted to wipe out of his mind. The days in the orphanage. Verbal bullying was his daily dose each day from the other kids. As much as nice as Bordova is. There is still darkness dwelling over it's people. He can still remember the names he was being called like it was yesterday. Riko was stressing out at this point.

His breathing pattern has changed. It eas heavy breathing at this point. No one may notice but this is actually happening to him. Luckily, he was broken free from wmotional chains when a woman who is also a fellow resident called his attention. To his surprise, he looked up to her in the eye for acknowledgement to her call. Little did the woman know that his right hand secretly slid across his lap, to his holster. Reaching for his blunderbuss. This was more of a force of habit than something he intentionally does. He made sure the woman attention is only onhis eyes. Good thing Riko stopped his dealy habit in time because his pinky was touching the gun's wooden grip. Riko replied with a nod and decided to break eye contact to look at the scene caused. Joseph could see his rather dangerous habit of drawing his gun and performing it at the wrong people. Riko is truly fast. Despite the woman's eye are already on him. Riko didn't made her notice that he is going for his empty gun.

The lady patted his shoulder. It may seem something normal but the thing is... Riko flinched! He actually flinched when the lady touched his shoulder. You could see his body reacted because his face remained calm. It was obvious that she touched something sensitive over Riko's shoulder area. He pretended it didn't happen and quietly sat by in silence staring at the clean table, thinking of whatever is in his tormented brain.

He noticed that Irvi was leaving and things were beginning to settle down. Riko maybe exhausted but he can still another walk around the eatate.

animegirl20 animegirl20 Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Svisttt Svisttt Severia Severia ebb ebb LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Joseph: Lord of Cerberus Vale
With Isaac's quick escape, Joseph simply sighed. Nor did he have the time to quell the argument between Sayogoromo and Cordelia. He instead decided to take his time and ensure Riko was alright through this exchange, Jacques having taken care of Young Miss Irvi. He looked over to Riko, and bent over a bit to speak lowly to him, a whisper almost. "Well this is certainly a crazy night is it not? Family can get a little over the top sometimes. I do hope you'll be fine with this, we're all a little crazy at ti-..." Joseph noticed the unusual pattern of Riko's breathing. Being a devil, he could sense it. He felt terrible honestly, allowing Riko to suffer some sort of problem on his own without noticing beforehand. "Riko, would you like to move away from the table..? If you aren't comfortable here within the room right now I understand.."

The old man simply smiled softly, the overwhelming emotions that one must feel on their first day. Especially with a dysfunctional family such as this one. He closed the door behind him and Irvi, walking right by her side. The garden of the estate was one of the most beautiful things around, other than the sea out over the horizon. Tended by Jacques nearly everyday, he was proud of it. The old man finally spoke to the young lady, a soothing voice rich with wisdom.
"Not as much of a great first day as you'd think, isn't it Master Irvi? This family is as dysfunctional as any other. But when you get down to it, this family loves one another and would lay down each other's lives for one another. In the case of Master Isaac, he is being possessed by a demon, whom makes it hard for him to control himself. Lord Joseph has known this for a while, and despite being unable to find a way for Master Isaac to be free, he trusts Isaac can control and contain the power this demon holds. Isaac didn't mean the outburst, I assure you that. Master Sayogoromo is a little more difficult, as he is verily sick. He can get annoyed rather easily I believe because the sickness takes so much out of him." The butler plucked a flower from his masterpiece of a garden, handing out to Irvi slowly.
"Take it from a man like me, I've been serving this estate for 100 years. I know what everyone is like in this mansion. Master Soma would probably be the best bet at cheering you up, he always makes a fool of himself without noticing." He chuckled. "Family is a crazy thing, and I know you'll fit in nicely soon enough. It just takes time."
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
animegirl20 animegirl20
Severia Severia
Pain, a burning, stinging feeling all over his body. The pulsing feeling all over his body served to heighten his frustration. Motivation...? Motivation..Soma's breath grew ragged, his eyes shooting open and glowing slightly. "Motivation...I"LL SHOW YOU MOTIVATION THEN, I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!!" Soma's demonic energy swarmed around him, transforming into his true demon form created a small shockwave, forcing Cerevantes back a bit. With such ferocious speed, Soma came straight at Cerevantes with a fist pulsing with dark energy. Cerevantes simply unsheathed about 5 inches of his katana. Blocking the punch with the blade..Oddly enough though, Soma's true demon form didn't seem to be affected by the sharpness of the blade, his hand acting like a shield against the edge. Cerevantes simply smirked at this. Intrigued now..But Soma didn't let up his assault, throwing another punch right into Cerevantes' side, cracking his ribs slightly, the force of the punch created a small shockwave against both parties. Pushing both men back a bit, Cerevantes didn't seem fazed by the attack, and stood tall once more.
1354922309-0592386-www.nevsepic.com.ua.jpg
Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil
"So you do have a Devil, slumbering inside you. And here I almost thought you weren't even worth sparing..You must have one more burning question, don't you? Why am I doing this? Well I'll tell you why." Cerevantes sheathed his sword, walking in a circle to Soma, who in turn walked the opposite direction. "Hell is being controlled by 3 foolish demons, whom use a spell to force the masses of demons under their rule. Crafty slobs they are, for they're aware of their weakness now. Ever since that old man closed the Gates, the power of those 3 devils have weakened to a point where they feared usurpation. So they used a spell, and the blood of a priestess to amplify its effects, and force all demons to become slaves under their rule. Sadly for them, I wasn't in the Demon World when it happened. I was here when it happened. As a child I returned home, to see mother and father forced into servitude for such a weak excuse of power.. I bided my time, grew stronger. Grew in my powers as a Devil. I released our mother and father from a shameful slavery. And I will acquire the power of Hell, and become the next Lord. If the world is to burn, then so be it. I've grown tired of watching as my heritage burns to the ground because of those fools. I will spare you tonight, brother. For when we meet again, we will have another fight. I cannot wait to see what strength you've attained at that time either."

His true form couldn't sustain long enough, and so he snapped out of the form. Growing increasingly exhausted from the effort. "How did you get here...How did you return to the Demon World if the connection has been weakened. How are you able to come and go as you please..? All monsters sacrifice an amount of power to come here. It is the price to pay at the Gates. Which is why very few ever come through. Too afraid to give up some power to come here..But you, it seems like you have endless amounts of strength.."

Cerevantes: Tranquil Devil
He smiled at Soma's question, it wasn't a dumb one at least. "There are more ways than one to pass through the realms, brother." Showing his katana to Soma, he placed it back against his hip. "This katana was my gift from our parents, sad to say I don't know if you had one. It is able to tear through realms, allowing only me free access across different realms." Cerevantes exhaled slowly, and his demonic energy began to swirl through the air. His eyes opened, and they were completely red. His voice echoing to Soma. "You will fear this Devil's power.." His true form didn't seem to manifest, instead dark red aura surrounded Cerevantes, and a shadow of a demonic presence stood as a doppleganger to Cerevantes. "7 Pillars of Despair: 7th Pillar - Judgement Slash" Within the Iai stance, Cerevantes used the quickdraw movement, his sword slashing at the air. Soma almost felt safe, but was then met with a nearly fatal blow, a horizontal arcing slash made of compressed air and demonic energy, Soma was caught in its fury, sent flying, while being cut a multitude of times by the powerful move. Being shot all the way towards the bridge of his the Cerberus Vale mansion, a large fatal slash wound against his chest. Blood slowly oozing from his wound. It almost seemed like a nightmare. Nobody was close enough for him to call out.. And when all was said and done, Cerevantes was right there. Picking Soma up from the ground by the fluffy fur collar of his coat. "What a surprise..You survived one of my strongest moves...Barely. I'll let your family pick your body out of the sea. I think I'm done bullying my little brother for the night.." With a kick into the raging waters below, Cerevantes bid Soma farewell. Slicing open a portal into a distant realm, walking into it and disappearing without a trace..​

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png“Mmm, and once you’ve acquired that taste- oh man.

Jian choked on her food that was in her mouth and coughed a little. Her face flushed, "Could you not." She said letting bit of her anger out. She then sat there slightly for a moment and then suddenly the flush disappeared and she looked at him straight in the eyes. "Tell me oh confident one how long has it been since this acquired taste has been tasted or has it not yet to be tasted? Either way I hardly think you have a right to brag about that taste of yours." She then leaned back into her chair as calm and confident as ever. Though in her head she was screaming like mad. HOLY SHIT DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!?!?! She honestly could not believe the words that just came out of her mouth. That and she was really nervous she just said something stupid to. Like what she said made sense right???

Jian went back to eating hoping no one would comment on what she just said. Suddenly she heard someone whisper in her ear.

“Sorry for earlier and thanks for tolerating with us. I know you don’t cope well with demons, especially with that type”

She wasn't expecting her to say that. She glanced at her about to say something but after hearing her last comment she ended up rolling her eyes and laughing slightly. Demons or not this sure was a entertaining bunch. Sayogoromo, who seemingly to have finally had it with everyone, said his final words and walked out to go get ready for his mission. Realizing they had been here a while she quickly finished up her food and stood up to go get ready herself. Well she was ready but she needed to get her weapons. Before anyone else could say another word. She walked out of the room and headed up stairs to her's. Once she got there she shut the door and rested up against it. Finally alone.....what a night. She stood there for a moment trying to get her mind in mission mode then grabbed her sword and shield and headed down stairs. Once she reached the bottom she laid her weapons against the table and looked at the mission listings.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia

Attachments

• Xingcai_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_(DW9).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Sayogoromo had taken his special artificial food with him when he left the dinning room. The herbs may have made the illness less painful, but the food provided don’t the needed energy to continue the day. It wasn’t as good as the real thing though. In his room, Sayogoromo dressed in a black kimono with a purple obi. He knew, Jian would need some time to prepare as well so after he grabbed his weapons, Sayogoromo set to doing his hair. It only took him a few minutes to comb through it all and style it in the icho-gaeshi style. “Perfect.” He stared at his reflection momentarily and a smile graced his countenance. For a split second he’d forgotten about the poison that caused him pain daily. When his makeup-less face reminded him, Sayogoromo ditched his vanity mirror.

“What does our mission require of us, Jiang?” He spoke with a false renewed vitality as he approached her side. He leaned forward on the table, supported by his palms. The sleeves of husbands kimono cascaded down over. His hands and hid his nails and their matte black polish. “Are we hunting large prey? Anything exciting?”

animegirl20 animegirl20

isaacpractice.jpg

"Tell me oh confident one how long has it been since this acquired taste has been tasted or has it not yet to be tasted? Either way I hardly think you have a right to brag about that taste of yours."

“Jian,” he choked, finally his turn to sputter a bit. “I really don’t need you judging my love life right now. I can’t think of anything that’d be less your business.” He walked backwards, pointing towards the ground for emphasis. “But since you’re asking, let’s tally up my odds. First. I lost any control of myself for years when I was twelve.” He slapped a finger into his palm, counting up the reasons. “And now,-” he swept his arms to indicate the room. “I have you lot as contenders. I’d say I’m doing pretty okay, considering my odds.” He managed the whole speech without actually answering her question.

“Enough- anyways, Cordelia. I’ll be waiting by the front doors for when you’re ready for the mission. It’s getting colder out there, so don’t make me wait too long? Thanks.” With that he ducked from the room, briskly covering the hall for a quick breather. The cool air outside soothed his face, brushing away the extra stress he was carrying. Calmer, he felt ready to tackle whatever the mission had in store. He assumed Cordelia had done all the research, and didn’t bother to do any himself.

Cordelia Zale
A Girl Doing Things on a Whim Again

Cordelia finished her meal without saying anything to him, but as Isaac left the room, the girl stared at the door.

That guy went too far.

Standing in front of the mission lists, the girl quickly scanned the location of her mission. Although, she somehow forgot to look at what kind of demon she was gonna face, and frankly, she didn’t care anyway. Picking up her umbrella that was lying nearby, she hanged it behind her back with a colorful sling. It wouldn’t be used so soon, hopefully.

Follow me

Cordelia voice was surprisingly sweet as she said to the guy waiting at the front door. She kept walking until they reached the riverside.

I have one and only strategy for tonight; have fun and make sure whatever we’re going to face regret being born a demon. That said, may I ask you something?” While the voice was sweet and the girl was widely smiling, her eyes suggested otherwise. She snapped her fingers and the river answered. In the next second, there were hovering balls everywhere behind the girl.

Why. Did. You. Not. Apologize. To. Her?

She was clearly referring to Irvi, whom Isaac failed to apologize even with Joseph’s order. For each of those word spoken in low voice, the hovering balls changed into swords and pole arms made of water. All weapons hovered still, pointing at the tattooed man in front of her like loaded bullets. Recalling his awkward expressions at the table and her discussion with Joseph a few days ago, the girl also added in her usual playful voice.

Also I’m not Joseph. If you come up with something half-assed like “some stupid dog ordered me not to” without taking any responsibility yourself, I’ll make sure you sleep well tonight.... in the infirmary.” She winked at this.

ebb ebb

Blood...Blood everywhere, his body was seething with pain. The wound across his chest so deep that bone could be seen, his whole body was covered in slash marks. And yet he still held onto trying to stay above water. Gargling, being pushed around by the crashing waves, he finally mustered enough strength to grip onto the rocky formation close to the mansion. And, luckily enough, close enough to Cordelia and Isaac. With a final attempt at trying to signal for help, Soma raised his hand in the air and shot out a large burst of energy into the sky, enough to be seen by Cordelia and Isaac, and even Sayogormo and Jian from inside the house. "H-help.." Soma muttered with barely any strength..And he slipped from the rocky formation. His body, luckily was able to keep afloat as he was on his back. But he was fading into unconsciousness quick with all the blood. His clothes torn and tattered, his revolver, dented and useless as of now.. Soma was really in a tough spot..And all he could hear was the sound of Joseph laughing as he picked a young Soma up..

Young Joseph and Kid Soma: Wandering Outcast and the Lost Devil
"Well hello there young man, aren't you quite the hot-head?" The young man said, as he held a fidgety young Soma. "Get off me! I'll beat you into next week I promise old man!" Soma squeaked at the outcast. Trying his best to look tough but failing miserably so because of his young appearance. The outcast simply chuckled, well aware of Soma's secret. And even Soma could tell that this outcast with long black hair turning a salt-peppery color was one as well. Which made the young boy calm down quickly. He was never treated badly by the people around him from the village he was taken into, but he had never met one of HIS kind before..So the young Soma was intruiged. Thus sparking a long friendship akin to father and son..
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
Svisttt Svisttt

Irvi hesitantly took the little blossom he offered, twirling it between her fingers as she listened to him talk. The already short girl felt strangely smaller in the beautiful garden, with the moonlight washing over the already extravagant flowers. He was right- after the introduction Joseph had given she hadn't expected things to take a turn so quickly. There was something about this little place he'd brought her that lulled her into momentarily forgetting about all that, though.

She shivered a bit from the night's cold air, and though it couldn't have been that bad, it felt like it could've been a winter's day to her. Irvi hadn't realized for a minute that Jacques had stopped talking, his relatively soft voice having blended into the surrounding sounds here outside. Blinking, the red headed girl started stuttering out some of the questions that had built up as he'd replaced old questions with newer ones, "There's... demons? You're a hundred years old?" Irvi peered at him, frowning. He didn't look like any of the little old grannies in Halbert, grouchily waving their canes and... doing whatever it was grannies did. As for demons, her aunt always told her they were just fairy tales. Fairy tales can't possess people, can they? Irvi imagined a book flying at someone's face and possessing them.

She recognized the name Soma from the people talking about him at the table, and... and... Saigamoro? The sickly person. She figured he was the grouchy person at the table probably in need of a hug. Even if he didn't want to admit it.

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

isaacpractice.jpg

“Why. Did. You. Not. Apologize. To. Her?”

Isaac stared at Cordelia in disbelief, the moment stretching on forever. He was painfully aware of the water based skewers hovering inches above him. He raised his hands defensively. “Look- Cordelia.” He breathed. “Last time I checked, it wasn’t a crime to be mean to someone. You ever heard that saying about sticks and stones? Well, these new people. They’re going to be facing demons, real demons. How do you think they’ll handle a real life and death situation if they can’t handle me giving them a little shit? I think you need to apologize. Right here. Right now. For threatening-” he spat, glaring at her weapons, “me over something so petty. I’d love to see the apology you'd have to give Joseph if you turned me into a kabob right now…”

“If you come up with something half-assed like “some stupid dog ordered me not to” without taking any responsibility yourself, I’ll make sure you sleep well tonight.... in the infirmary.”

Incana didn’t like being called a “stupid dog”. At all. With a painful jolt, Incana rushed into his consciousness, making his body twitch with the impact. “Stupid dog, huh?” He growled. “One of us is a stupid dog here, and it suuuuuure ain’t me.” He sucked in air, eyes wild. “I dare you-”

A bright burst of energy swept across the sky, interrupting Incana’s rant. Isaac thrashed for control, screaming inside his head. Finally, he got the reigns back, ducking under Cordelia’s spikes to rush to the shore. Squinting, he was able to make out a bloodied figure. His heart sank coldly. Was the person even alive? His eyes widened with realization.

“Guys,” he yelled, voice echoing over the shores. “It’s Soma, he needs help!”

Cordelia Zale
A Kind Girl Roleplaying a Doctor

After enquired in a low voice, Cordelia kept smiling to Isaac. Her smile was unwavering throughout Isaac’s retort. When he mentioned Joseph, she almost let out a dismissive laugh. The big “Hypocrite” flashed in her head, though her strong sense of family prevented her from putting that thought into words. Basically, her question might as well be asked as “Why didn’t you obey Joseph’s order?” and yet he seemed to totally ignore that point. Also, even though Isaac’s opinion about Joseph sounded about right

Dumbass, as if I can do it.

Was her own retort that she completely hid under her childish, taunting smile. Of course, since Isaac was relatively new, he was probably not aware that while the demon girl occasionally hit her fellow hunters with balls of water or even a water-based giant fist, she never went beyond that. These water-based weapons that actually cut and pierce, one that requires more energy than those simple balls or fists, was exclusively her tool for punishing bad guys, and there wasn’t one here.

Except, she knew how to make one appear right now. While Isaac’s was blunt and careless, what happened earlier was not entirely his fault.

She shot a provoke.

And there he was; the culprit behind Isaac’s problematic actions, and her real target ever since the man was troubled to follow Joseph’s order.

After all, this guy really went too far.

Oh, so YOU have yet to put your tail between your legs? Great, let’s sett—

Unfortunately, all her efforts to bait the demon out were all in vain.

Seeing Isaac returned to be himself after an unexpected turn of events, Cordelia clicked her tongue. Although, she wasn’t someone who would misprioritize. The girl quickly grasped the situations as she rushed toward Soma. While running, she dissolved all her weapons before using their remains to collect some blood from the ground. The water then formed a ball with a mixture of blue and red color. Aiming at the garden of the estate, she shot it out. Knowing Jacques, the butler would definitely realize that she was asking for his help and where should he go.

Without delay, the demon girl reached the injured demon and placed her palm on his chest before closing her eyes, leaving herself fully vulnerable to the man he just pointed spears at. A moment later, Soma coughed heavily. Cordelia slowly opened her eyes as she said to Isaac

At least his airway won’t have any water-related problem now. I already called for help in a way that was more efficient than randomly yelling, so we can relax and wait here.

Despite her extreme tiredness and the situation, the girl was stilll able to mock Isaac lightly. And as she continued, there were completely no trace of exhaustion in the voice, only seriousness and childish left for their respective parts

Also, try not to let that guy do what he please, or else I’ll really have to turn your body into a kabob next time.

She hoped that that next time wasn’t tonight,

Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi ebb ebb

Edit: Misspell

Last edited:
His eyes swept through the orb that passed by, thankfully Master Irvi didn't seem to notice, and so he looked back down to her to answer her questions. "Yes, demons do exist. Creatures of darkness, of all different forms. Monsters of all kinds exist too. This establishment is required to stop them from causing terror for Bordova. And yes, I am over 100 years old. Magic, my lady. Also exists." He begun to create symbols with his fingers, his hands glowed lightly. And he split into two people. A magic clone of himself, whom simply bowed, and left in a hurry towards the location where Cordelia and Isaac is. "You must excuse him, he has business to attend to Master Irvi. That is only one of the spells I can do. I come from a bloodline of Magic-users. Witches, some consider them. I think you, also have magical abilities. But I'm not entirely sure yet what it could be. I sense something from you. That is all I am sure of my lady."

The feeling of air freeing up was a welcome guest, and though he would have thanked Cordelia if he had known, he was too far gone into unconsciousness now. His wounds didn't heal like they normally would, something was stopping his power from activating..Perhaps the weapon used against him was able to negate his power? Or was the damage sustained just too much for his powers to react to it? Who could know. Soma was a complete mess, and the blood all served to just make it worse, puddling around him, Cordelia, and Isaac.

Young Joseph and Kid Soma: Wandering Outcast and Lost Devil
"You know, fishing is a great thing to do to pass the time. It's also rather relaxing. You'll never catch fish by just wiggling the rod around." Joseph spoke to the boy, who was clearly getting frustrated with waiting. "Patience is boring! If I want a fish I'll go get it on my own!" The boy dive bombed into the river they were fishing in. Joseph shook his head laughing. "Well, I hope you catch a fish your way then." Just as he said so, Soma burst forth from the river with a rather large fish in hand, it was much too big for his person, so it kept fighting Soma for control, and they both fought. Soma being pushed back into the water and slid around by the fish. And Soma retaliating with gripping it and slamming it whenever he found an opening. Joseph, was just impressed by the boy's tenacity. But couldn't help laughing all the same. Soma finally got the upper hand and threw the fish at the dock. Sludging his way back to land Soma shook the water off of him. "SEE! I'm better than you at fishing now." Joseph smiled, raising his finger slightly.. And about 2 dozen of fish flew up out of the water. Unable to move entirely. "It's not about who can get the biggest fish in the sea, it's about who can get the most without losing their temper with time...I think I've won though." Joseph laughed again, and Soma pouted. Sitting next to his big fish. "Hmph." Joseph would set up a fire for their night, and they used the big fish to cook for the night. All the while, Joseph told stories to Soma about the demons, considering the boy needed to know the history of what he is. Soma listened, interested in what he could do as a demon, though he never felt better than a human. Something Joseph took notice of, and was surprised because such a young boy was able to reject the darkness in favor of humanity.​

animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
Svisttt Svisttt

Xingcai_Artwork_(DW9).png“What does our mission require of us, Jiang?”

"Well" She said looking at the list. "It says here that, 5 Banshee's have been spotted close to Halbert City, within the farm lands of the east, where apples are produced. The Banshee's have been known to lure some men, women, and children to certain death. Locals consider this simply a case of sleep-walking. We should probably get going." She said getting ready to pick up her weapons but suddenly she stopped as she spotted a burst of energy being shot up to the sky. "The hell?" Then mins after that she heard Isaac crying out for someone to help Soma. "Soma?....Oh come on what in the world is going on now? "Jian said annoyed, she left her weapons where they were and opened the door to look out to see what was happening. She saw Cordelia and Isaac hunched over something. But she couldn't tell it what so she quickly started to walk over closer to them. "Guys can we please not get into more fights? What going on-" She stopped in mid sentence and eyes widen. "Soma?!" She bent down next to Cordelia. There was a lot of blood....so much blood. She shook her head trying to shake the images of her parents away. "W-what happened to him? Is he breathing?" She had a nervous tone to her voice and her face was full of worry. She noticed how deep one of the cuts were and she flinched slightly at the sight of it. Right down to the bone. Who the hell had done this? "Soma!?...Soma wake up can you here me!?" Suddenly she heard a unfamiliar voice. "Scary isn't it?" She turned around. She looked around but she didn't see anyone on top of it no one else heard it. She decided to ignore it but she couldn't shake off this feeling of being watch.
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Svisttt Svisttt
Severia Severia

Attachments

• Xingcai_(DW9).png
    Xingcai_(DW9).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
“Banshee.” The mission reminded, Sayogoromo of his life prior to, Cerberus Vale’s rise to power. The fond memories flooded his mind and brought a smile to his face. “Those were the good days.” He whispered. Looking away from the table, he spotted something strange.

The call for help confirmed for, Sayogoromo whathis eyes had seen. Soma was a mess and he looked as if his wounds would take him. As the thought crossed his mind the demon’s heart started to beat a mile a minute. If, Soma died now, there’s would be a void in the mansion. It’s Prince would be dead and a possible replacement may be chosen. Sayogoromo took a single step forward and watched the scene that’s had started to unfold. On the downside, whatever did that to Soma was still lurking out there and if he died they would be down a Powerful hunter in a time of need.

“Joseph!” His voice resounded off of the walls and through the house as he tried to get the attention of someone more experience. “Jacques!” He kept calm as he called for the other two residents so that he didn’t work himself up any further. Sayogoromo started forward to get a better view of what was going on.

Jacques: (Clone)
Stepping past Sayogoromo, he gave the demon a nod. After looking upon Soma's body from afar. "I am here, Lord Joseph is assessing a situation with Master Riko. The new recruit. I don't think it's good to show him what's happened just yet. After I've assessed the situation and tended to Soma's wounds, I think Lord Joseph will then be okay to see Soma." The clone stepped forward onto the scene, rolling up his sleeves, and taking his monocle off. Slipping past Jian, he pat her shoulder "He's unconscious, the blood loss is taking its toll on his body. Do not worry though, I will take care of Master Soma." The clone knelt down, assessing the damage...Fatal, the young man he had come to take care of for 100 years was still fighting death's maw. The determination that Soma had was an astounding one. Never willing to give up a fight, not even in the face of death.. "The weapon used was a devil's weapon. Found and created only in Hell. They are much like our weapons created by Ezekiel. He's much too exhausted to use his powers to regenerate as well. Whatever he fought was something stronger than Soma could handle, and whoever it was knew this. The cuts are precise, polished with years of training. The largest and deepest one was a full force attack...It wanted to know how much Soma could handle." The clone inhaled and exhaled. "I will stop the bleeding with a spell..Everything else will have to be manual. He will have to heal normally until his powers will kick back in. He must have worn himself out too much in whatever battle he was facing." The clone slid his fingers together, creating a symbol of sorts. His hands glowed a soft white light, and placed it upon Soma's body. Taking a minute to administer the effects of the spell, in which was a successful action. The clone stood up and picked Soma up with him, very..very carefully. As if Soma was a fragile child. "I will take him to his room and bandage him up accordingly..I am sorry for the inconvenience" With that, the clone left them all outside. Taking Soma to his room quietly, and continuing with the medical treatment.

Young Joseph and Kid Soma: Father and Son.
It had been a few years since they first met, and Soma decided on Joseph becoming his father. They traveled by boat, to Bordova. A land that only Joseph knew existed, at least in Soma's eyes. In the night, Joseph and Soma lay in their bunk, Joseph asking Soma a question he would always answer the same way to this very day. "Why do you serve the humans?" Soma would respond "Because they were nice to me, so I'll return the favor!" Joseph never understood the boy's reasoning. But he could tell that Soma wasn't changing his mind anytime soon and that was what seemed to matter the most. Soma didn't think of the reason as stupid, he thought it was pretty chivalrous. But then again, Soma is Soma. After arriving and acquiring the mansion, Soma learned swordsmanship from Joseph. Putting a unique spin to his swordsmanship with some flamboyance, going for an odd style of his own creation rather than one widely understood. Even then, Soma would come to use firearms as a first option, considering his swordsmanship to be his ace in the hole if ever needed. Many years later, they would meet a young man whom would serve them until this day. Jacques, a young man filled with a strong sense of duty. Having mastered the art of being a butler, Joseph took him in. Jacques history would soon enough be revealed to Soma and Joseph, he was the descendant of the same priestess that sacrificed herself to help close the Demon Gate with Joseph. Which explained his innate ability to use magic. Hearing stories of Joseph through the Witches that trained him not only in magic but house-keeping, he decided that one day he would come to serve the great man that had freed humanity from the demon's reign. To this very day, Jacques serves the family with an unbreakable loyalty.
animegirl20 animegirl20
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
ebb ebb
Severia Severia
Svisttt Svisttt

Though Irvi didn't see whatever Jacques' eyes had followed, she did hear the muffled sounds of people yelling. She was about to glance around when Jacques started talking again, explaining the existence of creatures she'd been led to believe were myths, and... magic. Irvi probably could've squealed when she saw Jacques clone himself, not out of fear, but pure childish excitement. She watched as his makeshift twin scurried away, obviously in a rush. It was mystifying- and briefly she wondered if it was actually happening.

Her uneasiness regarding what might've been going on was quickly replaced with another little surge of excitement when he told her he thought she could have magical abilities too. She'd momentarily forgotten the weight of what it meant to have demons and the like wandering their world, too busy bouncing up and down to let go of some of the happiness bubbling up within her. What could she do? Did this mean unicorns existed too? Her thoughts kept going from one thing to another, the shyness that had plagued her since she'd arrived had fading to show who she was- a naive, hopeful little child.

She quickly stopped bouncing, but a huge smile still remained on her face. At least, until she remembered the yelling she'd heard. Irvi figured that was why Jacques- his twin- god, this was confusing- had run off, and her smile faded into a little frown. "Is everything okay mister?" She wondered if it had anything to do with what happened earlier, and tugged at her sweaters a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back