• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hmm. I'm running into two roadblocks with Bamboo here.

1. Liu's internal monologue makes it clear to us players what's going on in her head, but outside, she's hardly said a word. Bamboo doesn't know how to start this particular conversation (especially since she never answered him when he asked her why she did it).

2. Bamboo attempted dialogue with O-Ren but was also met with silence. Bamboo isn't the type to "chase someone down" or hound them. He wants to help; he's not sure how.

Thinking more on this, I realize that nothing is going to get changed or cured if we sit around in silence. I guess I'll have Bamboo try again.

But in the meantime, the line "I want to ride my Sky Bison" popped into my head to this popular tune by Queen:

"Queen - Bicycle Race"

"Skyyy Bison! Skyyy Bison!" "I want to ride my Sky Bison!" =)

In completely different news, I have just watched...

...the episode called "Sokka's Master" and I loved it! Not only is his master just the coolest dude ever, but this is precisely the kind of human being that Bamboo wants Liu Bing to meet and train under.

Just wanted to share something good with you! =)

Anyone waiting for something from me here? Or are you just trying to find time to come up with a response to Liu?

I think I wanted Bamboo to try to use Guide and Comfort with O-Ren. If memory serves, she's the one with the most conditions.

Dang. Yeah, looking at the IC topic, there are definitely some posts I missed. I'll go ahead and get everything worked out.

I just need to wrap my head around my character to get into the right frame of mind for this post I want to make.

I just need to wrap my head around my character to get into the right frame of mind for this post I want to make.
Go, Psychie, go! =) Happy wrapping!

Coffee Holiday GIF by Dunkin’

Okay, so Liu Bing doesn't actually have any conditions marked right now, but her balance is right up at the Control end. Given how she reacted to both Bamboo and O-Ren speaking to her just now - resolving to try and do better - I'm going to go and shift her balance one point back towards Connection. Then I'll see what happens with O-Ren.

Purr Purr Psychie Psychie
Bamboo's words triggered a guide and comfort move, for which he rolled 10. Assuming she doesn't shut him down, O-Ren can go ahead and clear a condition, and Bamboo can ask her a question and/or shift her balance if he likes.

Psychie Psychie Do you want her balance shifted? If so, which direction? I'll be sure to shift it in the opposite direction!

JUST KIDDING! Ha! =)

Neil Degrasse Tyson Jk GIF

jaydude jaydude Hey Jay? Is there such thing as Steambending in Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I was thinking of all of the hot springs in Japan and in some European countries and how people turn to them for relaxation and replenishment. I'm sure you can think of a fair share of uses of steam too if it's not already a thing. But is it?

jaydude jaydude Hey Jay? Is there such thing as Steambending in Avatar: The Last Airbender?

I was thinking of all of the hot springs in Japan and in some European countries and how people turn to them for relaxation and replenishment. I'm sure you can think of a fair share of uses of steam too if it's not already a thing. But is it?
Yes, it's possible for Waterbenders to bend steam. "Steambending" isn't a term used in the setting though, at least as far as I'm aware.

So can Waterbenders create steam (I am under the impression that bending and creating are two different things)?

I mean, there is one (and only one that I found) example of it in the rules book where a Waterbender uses steam against some guards, but that's it.

So can Waterbenders create steam (I am under the impression that bending and creating are two different things)?

I mean, there is one (and only one that I found) example of it in the rules book where a Waterbender uses steam against some guards, but that's it.
They can't create steam out of thin air. I don't know if they can canonically convert existing water into steam; they can convert it into mist, but stuff revolving around heat is largely the domain of firebending. Given the existence of a certain bending ability that I'm not going to spoil for you though, I'm prepared to allow it.

So no "hot springs" without heat (Firebending), but mist and the like is true. That makes sense!

I've seen Katara pull vast amounts of water through the air in "Sokka's Master" when they save the town. If one can pull water through the air, why not mist? Rain creates mist all by itself. Huh!

"Not at all," Bamboo replies as he continues to copy, a pleased smile making its way across his face. "That's neat! What monastery did you help protect? If they were all Earth-benders, I take it you have some experience with the people of the Earth Kingdom?"
jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood I (sorry, my head's in a strange place right now but the headache I woke with is finally gone! Yaaaay!) hope I am not delaying the progress of the game with Bamboo's curiosity - he and I just really want to know! Hope that's O.K. and I'm ready to continue with the fun story when you guys and gal are! =)

jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood I (sorry, my head's in a strange place right now but the headache I woke with is finally gone! Yaaaay!)
Yay indeed.

hope I am not delaying the progress of the game with Bamboo's curiosity - he and I just really want to know! Hope that's O.K. and I'm ready to continue with the fun story when you guys and gal are! =)
It's cool. I'm giving you all a moment to just relax and rest after all the drama of the last few IC events.

jaydude jaydude Does Liu's owning of her wrongdoing and promise of behavioral change affect Bamboo's Troubled Condition in any way? Or does Liu or O-Ren have to Guide and Comfort him for him to be himself again?

If anyone can make that roll, it should most likely be O-Ren, since she is showing herself to be the more open and outgoing member of the team compared to Liu.

That's true, but I'm not worried who can succeed that I am wondering what is right by the game. For all I know, what Liu said might relieve Bamboo's Troubled condition all on its own or Liu's words would have no effect whatsoever (which doesn't make sense to me, but I didn't write the game rules). By asking this, I'm trying to learn the game mechanics. One way or another, Bamboo will lose his condition - I just want to go about it in a way that I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back