• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I've got the Corebook open, and from what I can see, triggering guide and comfort requires a character to offer advice, wisdom, or anything else that helps the targeted character get over whatever issues they have.

In regards to the Bamboo case here, if the source of Bamboo being Troubled is a concern that Fire Nation people are inherently evil, I'd say either Liu or O-Ren could trigger the guide and comfort move; Liu by assuring him that she's going to try and do better than she did earlier, O-Ren by assuring him that good and bad aren't exclusive to nations. Of course, if Liu was to succeed with her roll and Bamboo chose to clear Troubled, there'd be no need for another roll from O-Ren, since Bamboo doesn't have any other conditions marked right now.

The source of Bamboo's Troubled condition was that Liu killed needlessly (that's when it was added to Bamboo). It really has little to do with the Fire Nation and far more to do with Liu Bing. Bamboo wonders, "As an individual, will she do this again?"

Could Sherwood have Liu roll given the promise she has provided? Does that count? Or must she do something more? (It would help Bamboo that Liu, being the core of the problem, fixed this. I think only Liu really can; it was her action.)

The source of Bamboo's Troubled condition was that Liu killed needlessly (that's when it was added to Bamboo). It really has little to do with the Fire Nation and far more to do with Liu Bing. Bamboo wonders, "As an individual, will she do this again?"
Could Sherwood have Liu roll given the promise she has provided? Does that count? Or must she do something more? (It would help Bamboo that Liu, being the core of the problem, fixed this. I think only Liu really can; it was her action.)
Thanks for the reminder. I still think that both Liu and O-Ren could trigger guide and comfort here, but yes, thinking about it this way it does make sense for Liu to try it, or at least try first.

Well, I'll still give it a try.

Ouch. As bad as it gets. Sorry guys.

Hah! Dang RP Nation dice have done it again! Oh wow.

Sooo... Liu came across like... Jack the Ripper? =)

Hah! Dang RP Nation dice have done it again! Oh wow.

Sooo... Liu came across like... Jack the Ripper? =)
I don't think I'd go that far. Just that her words sadly didn't sound as convincing as she would have liked.

I kinda want to let Psychie Psychie have a try at rolling here as well. Like, if Liu's unable to reassure Bamboo on her own, perhaps O-Ren's words can help reinforce her sentiments?

Anyway, gonna try and get some sleep now.

Ha ha! I can honestly say I ask all three of you to roll my dice in your games.... for moments just like these!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I don't think I'd go that far. Just that her words sadly didn't sound as convincing as she would have liked.

I kinda want to let Psychie Psychie have a try at rolling here as well. Like, if Liu's unable to reassure Bamboo on her own, perhaps O-Ren's words can help reinforce her sentiments?

Anyway, gonna try and get some sleep now.
Psychie Psychie Help us O-Ren Kenobi! You're our only hope! Hah!

obi-wan kenobi not the droids GIF

I think that the 7 is enough to get a success, but I am no expert in this system.

Bamboo be like...

Cat Kitten GIF

Liu Bing's Snake-eyes roll be like...

Dog Bonjour GIF by TikTok France

O-Ren be like...

My Little Pony Applause GIF

Psychie saved the day with O-Ren!

Me and Bamboo be like...

happy pinkie pie GIF by My Little Pony: The Movie

Yaaay! Ha ha! =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread