• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Boo bad dice roller, but yay for redeeming Liu Bings! =)

jaydude jaydude I hope my latest post is an accurate reflection of the die rolls? I'm trying to do right by the game while also doing right by my character. I think it's working, but I only have my perspective to see it through. What is yours, please? =)

jaydude jaydude I hope my latest post is an accurate reflection of the die rolls? I'm trying to do right by the game while also doing right by my character. I think it's working, but I only have my perspective to see it through. What is yours, please? =)
Yeah, I'd say it works. :)

Great! Thanks for sharing your perspective with me! =)

Do the three of you want to continue this scene? O-Ren still has two conditions marked.

Uh, what other options do we have? Maybe Liu can attempt to Guide and Comfort again?

Uh, what other options do we have? Maybe Liu can attempt to Guide and Comfort again?
Sure. As long as you're not just repeating the same dialogue, I don't believe there's any limit on how often you can trigger a move here.

I thought I did and failed? You can just keep trying without any penalties?

Just as long as I don't repeat any dialogue?

Disclaimer: Sorry, I'm not normally awake at this time but my brain thinks we're in another time zone at the moment. =)

I thought I did and failed?
Not that I'm aware. The only recent guide and comfort roll I remember making for you was this one, and you definitely succeeded there. That one bought O-Ren's conditions down from three to two.

You can just keep trying without any penalties? Just as long as I don't repeat any dialogue?
I believe that's the case, or at least I'm willing to allow it.

Disclaimer: Sorry, I'm not normally awake at this time but my brain thinks we're in another time zone at the moment. =)
It's late morning where I am, so all cool here. ;)

Not that I'm aware. The only recent guide and comfort roll I remember making for you was this one, and you definitely succeeded there. That one bought O-Ren's conditions down from three to two.
Ah! I see. Thanks for explaining all this. I'll give it a try.

Hooray! 8D And hooray for natural dice! 8D

Ttrpg Zombieorpheus GIF by zoefannet

So yeah. That roll was for this post if I recall correctly, and thus O-Ren gets to clear another condition if she opens up to Bamboo, leaving her with only one more. Bamboo also gets to ask her a question if he wants.

Assuming that's everything, I'll get to work setting up the next scene. I cannot promise that no more conditions will be dished out in it. :hornswhistle:

Question asked! =)

/mind wandering on

When I first started making a character for this game, the concept I had seemed like a very fun and creative one and one I am very much at home with. Since it didn't work out, I am left to create a stranger - this... wandering youthful scholar... a jungle-bred bookworm who has learned more from life from his countless hours reading works of wise masters instead of living that life by adventuring and traveling. Unlike the incarnation of Bamboo that didn't fit into this game, I get to add the martial artist in me to this character whom I'm still figuring out.

Back before I was at my limit of games, I thought of making a game that involved martial arts as its focus, but I simply do not know enough people in all of the thousands of RPers in RP Nation who have any such interest in the martial arts, its philosophies, its challenges, and its rewarding way of life. And so, that thought like so many others, was put aside.

I am glad that I get to express myself in this world of Avatar with the martial artist - the human being - in me. Every character I make has a little of me in them (some more than others). Including Bamboo. Only by playing him as he is now do I realize that the first incarnation of Bamboo lacked deep philosophy (being animalistic in nature) and that's something I've missed RPing and missed expressing.

In Psychie's Robotech/Southern Cross game, my goal with my lunatic cyborg character. Sgt. Ridge was to have him slowly yet surely return to the land of the sane and sane-living by way of the martial arts. Many lifelong martial artists rid themselves of their illusions whereupon life just gets more simple afterward. Fears, for example, are denied their previous powers and holds they might have once had when the martial artist was younger. Fear is, after all, shadow, not substance. And one can make friends of their fears. So it was to be with Ridge.

Here with Bamboo, I can simply express his feelings freely and I like that. It doesn't mean the process is easy, but many things worth having involve a hill to climb, but the view is so much better from up here!

"Self-actualization is the important thing. And my personal message to people is that I hope they will go toward self-actualization rather than self-image actualization. I hope that they will search within themselves for honest self-expression." - Bruce Lee

/mind wandering off

Have a good day, friends! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood jaydude jaydude Once Bamboo is finished copying the scroll to his journal, he'd like to ask Liu Bing if he can also copy the code she used to understand the scroll's details. Having that might lead to more than one person understanding future material from the Fire Nation. How does that sound to everyone?

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood jaydude jaydude Once Bamboo is finished copying the scroll to his journal, he'd like to ask Liu Bing if he can also copy the code she used to understand the scroll's details. Having that might lead to more than one person understanding future material from the Fire Nation. How does that sound to everyone?
Sure thing. If the two of you work together, I shouldn't imagine it would need another roll, seeing as Liu Bing already knows the code.

Bear in mind though, that I'm planning to make it so that the Fire Nation has a selection of codes it can use for military correspondence, simply because that's common sense (i.e. it prevents all their stuff from getting cracked with a single decryption key). In gameplay terms, while Bamboo creating a crypto-key will certainly help, it'll only help so much.

Purr Purr Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood
One last post, and then I'm retiring for the night. From what's being said IC, I'm sensing that some of you would like to travel around and explore the world a bit, which is certainly an option for you, considering that you've got a flying bison. Am I correct?

In gameplay terms, while Bamboo creating a crypto-key will certainly help, it'll only help so much.
Sure, but it's better than nothing! Imagine if we didn't have Liu Bing along (or some other way to translate the scroll). We'd have no idea what we had on us. =)

Purr Purr Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood
One last post, and then I'm retiring for the night. From what's being said IC, I'm sensing that some of you would like to travel around and explore the world a bit, which is certainly an option for you, considering that you've got a flying bison. Am I correct?

Definitely! 8D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back