• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atlantis [OOC]

No my laziness is sole and not healthy at all. :sleeping:

Quantum Leek Quantum Leek
Aw, you make me blush! He's pretty great ain't he? Yeah screw your humble, lowkey character who's only fairly good at his trade. Naaaah, I'm going straight for the apex!

Haha. Well he should be the best! That's why Emmett chose him to come along!

Emmett's just a grumpy-poo who makes exasperated noises any time the eccentric opens his mouth. But he gets shit done behind the scenes.

Is the rp dead set on having one character for one role? Only asking as there's been two apps for Explorer and it's one of the roles you could argue you could have two characters for.

Yes, I was intending to choose just one character per role--though it'll be tough because I like both of the explorers for different reasons. Even though it's conceivable to have more than one explorer along, it seems impractical to waste limited resources and space on a duplicate, was my thinking...

Although if no one applies for the cartographer, I can see the explorer role being flexible enough to become the cartographer (just with the addition of map making as a skill and in the bio)

From what Semblance suggests, one can be expert - but one doesn't need to specialize. You know, "Specialization is for insects" and all.

Someone can easily play a "cartographer" who is also adept in exploration. Such as Eugene who's a reporter, but can also be considered a scholar for multiple reasons.

Yeah, as much as I would prefer not to exclude anyone, I can't justify making an extra position when we still have one open.

Excellent!

Now we just have to sort out the Explorer/Cartographer issue and get Deccimo to post his Doctor and we'll be able to put the finishing touches on plans and START!

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor : I would prefer not to have to choose between your two characters, since I like them both very much, but I would also prefer to have to full cast instead of a duplicate explorer. Would one of you be willing to re-purpose your explorer character as a cartographer character?

Ah sorry, was at a convention for the long weekend and finally finished cooling down! As Fenn Fenn said, I've had it done but just haven't got to posting it LOL. It's up now though :^)

Fantabulous. :blowkiss:

** Also, I just noticed her last name. Our characters could be cousins
Ooo that would be fun! Esp Bc it seems like they're pretty different on the surface (which makes for some great sibling-like arguments) but underneath, I can see them talking about social, political, philosophical, etc issues together a lot

Also I'm kind of lost on the last name- Ardyn's is Durand and Eugene's is Gogarty?

Excellent!

Now we just have to sort out the Explorer/Cartographer issue and get Deccimo to post his Doctor and we'll be able to put the finishing touches on plans and START!

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork , Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor : I would prefer not to have to choose between your two characters, since I like them both very much, but I would also prefer to have to full cast instead of a duplicate explorer. Would one of you be willing to re-purpose your explorer character as a cartographer character?

Well if Shannon doesn't want to, I could, but at the moment I don't have a strong desire to do so. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to do it.

Perhaps the GM should decide which explorer she likes more and the other would change their character into the cartographer

Hoki Hoki , I think you're safe with your scholar, given that no one else even wanted it, heh.

Deccimo Deccimo : he's creepy and mysterious. I like it.

Shannon Trevor Shannon Trevor and AnimeGenork AnimeGenork : If neither of you are inclined to take the cartographer positions, then I must accept John as the explorer (provided that you change or remove that first picture, because it's driving me crazy every time I scroll past). I feel like more of his identity is founded around the time he spent in Africa, and an old, experienced adventurer is more the sort that Emmett would pick up for this.

I do like your Camellia very much, and I hope you'll agree to stay on with some edits to occupation. As Semblance noted, she could have all of the same experiences and skills, but have turned her exploratory experience into paper--whether for a living or because the idea appealed to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back