• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atlantis [OOC]

Hahah I'm just bad at CS' in general. I'm actually looking for samples now.
The reason I'm looking is because sometimes the quality changes, depending on the partner and situation.

Yeah I often use everything else in a character sheet, especially the bio, as a medium to showcase personality.

Also, bio and personality belong to things that's supposed to be discovered through storying - unless there's a history between characters - so I don't feel as bad when I dismiss writing thoroughly either of the two.

Oh and the reason I wrote Eugene's backstory as is in much of the first part was because I assume a person like him would already have an autobiography or at least some draft.

Last edited:
Hii sorry I've been MIA, but I was wondering if you had any idea as to around when characters are due / when you want to start the RP?

So much progress in one night!

Semblance Semblance - We still need three positions applied for (assuming they're good applications), and I'm not certain if @Smoaki and Deccimo Deccimo are still planning to apply. I would like to start soon, but I'm not sure how realistic that is if we're still missing important people.

So much progress in one night!

Semblance Semblance - We still need three positions applied for (assuming they're good applications), and I'm not certain if @Smoaki and Deccimo Deccimo are still planning to apply. I would like to start soon, but I'm not sure how realistic that is if we're still missing important people.
Okay got it! I'll apply soon then, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't going to die before I made a character haha. So the doctor, engineer, and cartographer are the roles left that haven't been applied for, right?

(Also I've noticed that implementing a tentative deadline for character sheets usually speeds the process up Bc it encourages people to apply faster :)

Yes, doctor, engineer and cartographer--though we have two for explorer and (though you're not at all obligated to) if you go through with applying for eccentric we'll have two there, as well.

I've got two friends that I think I can rope into joining, also....

So, in the interests of deadlines, try to get it up by the end of the week? Then we can get everything settled and hopefully start writing this weekend/the beginning of next week.

Yes, doctor, engineer and cartographer--though we have two for explorer and (though you're not at all obligated to) if you go through with applying for eccentric we'll have two there, as well.

I've got two friends that I think I can rope into joining, also....

So, in the interests of deadlines, try to get it up by the end of the week? Then we can get everything settled and hopefully start writing this weekend/the beginning of next week.
Got it, well I think my muse for the eccentric has dried up anyway

I'm looking at the doctor and the engineer right now- I normally would go for the doctor (since this is within my area of knowledge/expertise), but I feel like the engineer would have a more active role in this RP? (But I know absolutely nothing about engineering ahaha)

I will do my absolute best to ensure that all characters are included equally, so go with whatever you like most.

I've been summoned out of retirement for this, it better be brilliant, Leek.

I was so well-retired that they deleted my account (probably due to inactivity). Now I'm a Lurker. I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Deccimo actually finished his doctor sheet waaay before me, but he's waiting things out. No idea why, but he'll update when he does I suppose.

Semblance Semblance If you want to do doctor and send your sheet first - that's fine. To be honest... I feel like my friend would love the idea of having his very doctor-themed character actually transform into an engineer. It's so nutty he'll love it.

Deccimo actually finished his doctor sheet waaay before me, but he's waiting things out. No idea why, but he'll update when he does I suppose.

Semblance Semblance If you want to do doctor and send your sheet first - that's fine. To be honest... I feel like my friend would love the idea of having his very doctor-themed character actually transform into an engineer. It's so nutty he'll love it.
Ah got it! So Deccimo Deccimo already finished his doctor character, but just hasn't updated it yet? Do you know if he/she is still planning on joining this RP?

Also you're referring to Deccimo as your friend, right?

Yes he's my friend. And he does, because I'm still here. His expertise in doctoring and engineering are pretty much the same (nonexistent) so it won't be a huge problem to change his sheet. Some details will need to be tweaked but I think we'll manage.

Yes he's my friend. And he does, because I'm still here. His expertise in doctoring and engineering are pretty much the same (nonexistent) so it won't be a huge problem to change his sheet. Some details will need to be tweaked but I think we'll manage.
Hmmm well now I'm indecisive: on one hand, playing a doctor character would be fun bc that's what I normally go for but if Deccimo would rather have the doctor, I don't mind applying for the engineer at all bc I think it'll also be fun to switch it up (esp since I have absolutely zero knowledge in this role)

Hey we'd be all incredible laymans in our supposed trades! But I don't want to impose or suggest anything. Perhaps flip a coin and we'll see what fate decides.

Hey we'd be all incredible laymans in our supposed trades! But I don't want to impose or suggest anything. Perhaps flip a coin and we'll see what fate decides.
Hahaha oh boy this sounds like it'll be a big fun crazy mess

But seriously... if something breaks on that submarine, I will have zero idea how to fix it and all our characters will drown... RIP

Google would help a bit on the journalism side (which isn't too, too complicated) but bless if it can actually make up for my literary skills.

That's my style. It's also the display of my laziness and wit. Even if I'm not lazy, I wouldn't change how I handle my sheets.

You know the saying, sometime less is more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back