• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atlantis [OOC]

I JUST PASSED MY ORAL EXAM AND I'M A PHD CANDIDATE NOW!

tumblr_inline_nwo22c4XFg1qzjrx8_500.gif
Ahh congrats!! What are you a PhD candidate for?

Late grats! I don't use RPnation much and forgot you had to manually watch threads, eeeeeeeeek.

Alrighty, I finished! And it took awhile mainly because I'm lazy even for sloth standards.

I'm going to enjoy playing a character with greater literary standards and accomplishments than I myself possess. Hahahahahaha....cries

No worries! I've been gone all weekend and haven't even had a chance to read anything, yet.

I'm dying to get the show on the rrooooaadddd. Or well, sea. On the cresting waves.

I knoow, I'm excited. People need to finish characters. And I need to be less busy, so I can read them.

Quantum Leek Quantum Leek So my mom has officially told me that she won't be able to get us Internet by the end of the school year, but she said we will have it for the summer. (Quite contradictory, but whatever.)
Anyway, after the morning of June 8th (EDT), my presence here will be more iffy than before. I'm sorry :(
(Heads up. I only get Internet at school and church.)

Is the scholar taken..? I'm hoping that I will maintain the motivation for this, but I thought that role would be especially fun since I'm actually going into Anthropology (aka archaeology's main branch) XD

Quantum Leek Quantum Leek

Of course... :lennymeh: The journalist is as good as mine so no one should bother contesting.

As Eugene would put it, "I'll win, because I am Eugene Gogarty."

Thanks! His personality is my favorite bit. That backstory was so hellish, as well as the entire character himself. (Secretly hoping everyone else is a literary layman so I can get mostly away with it)

Well I'll do my best regardless. No way can I claim my own writing as on par with the "world-level", but in a perfect scenario - Eugene is that caliber of a writer.

That's the fun part about having characters like that, really

God I'm so terrible at describing personalities ;-;

Well, it's fun as long as you're not completely hopeless and miserable. Playing a character with a much higher intellectual quotient than your own, can turn ugly real fast.

Haha, I stopped writing personality description forever ago. It's too tedious to write something that's able to encompass a personality's flexibility. So one day, I just decided to use a quote or a short piece and let people interpret from there.

I have faith in you!

And Omg I might have to try that?? It stopped feeling right trying to stuff the entirety of a person into a single block of text.

I know some other writers who followed what I did (but can't say I pioneered this). Although some GMs may see the short personality as a lack of ability, I offset that with almost everything else so it's okay I think.

Really, in this RP, the character sheets are less significant, since I ask for writing samples as well. Usually I use them to judge how well a person can write.

For me, it's helpful to put down in words a general idea for how they'll behave or what motivations they have, etc, so that's why I put personality in there. If It's more troublesome than helpful for you then I don't mind the quote substitution. Some of his character shows through in the bio, as well, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back