• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Cyrpis Grace Phillips
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Carter ( Energie Energie )

"Ughhh! Coffee. Need. Now!" Cypris' mind screamed, her blue optics taking in the bustling atmosphere of the campus cafe; it was always a hot spot for people to come, socialize, flirt, and get their caffeine fixes before they had to run to class. Not being much of a socialite, she usually stayed away from hot spots like this, but she needed a change or atleast that's what Carter always tells her. "Come on! Be more confident! You gotta get out there more!" He would constantly say to her, but she didn't see the need to have so many friends; she was perfectly comfortable by herself and with him. Who needs a hundred friends that you won't see half the time? With a mental shrug, the female made her way into the cafe, the little bell above the door dinging. Cypris began scanning the small cafe and immediately regretted coming out; there were a large amount (in Cypris' mind) of people and she immediately began feeling out of place and self conscious. At this point, she regretted wearing a crop top due to her mottled skin that ran along her neck, creeping down onto her collarbone and disappearing into her shirt, only to be displayed on her exposed skin else where.

Tilting her chin downwards, she quickly moved into the line to get her coffee; usually, Cypris wasn't one for the heart attack in a cup, but today, she just felt like she needed the extra kick though she'd regret it later on.
"Is Carter even coming to meet me here? He's honestly probably too busy with studying." Cypris thought to herself, studying the flooring and pair of shoes in front of her.

Keenan Jones
Interactions: Open

Keenan looked down the street, his gaze falling upon Marlin's Cafe; he could go for a drink, since he'd just gotten done working out. With his backpack slung over his shoulder, he began walking towards the entrance. He felt the breeze against his glistening forehead and let out a grateful sigh; since he'd been working out, he was in a poorly conditioned gym and he regretted not bringing a sweat towel, though he had the decency to put on deodorant and cologne. The male smelt of pine and a bit of spice, which was one of his favorite scents. Snapping out of his thoughts as he made it to the door, Keenan quickly opened it and walked inside. The sweet smell of flowers and coffee filled his nose, though the flowers were nearly intolerable. With a crinkle of his nose, he got in line for his drink, his gaze flickering around the small establishment.

d06430a528e7c59998b69e52760128ac--hayden-christensen-beautiful-men.jpg

Carter Kingsley

Carter's feet were dragging along the pavement in small strides. His arms hung sloth-like at his side. Everything was too much. The sun too bright. The people around him too loud. And it was too damn early to be out of bed after the night he'd had last night.

He expended the smallest ounce of energy as let his tossed his body weight onto the cafe door, tensing up slightly as the bell chimed above him. "Goddamn bell." He mumbled as he made his way past the few students waiting in line and walked towards the reason he had even made it out of bed. He let his chin fall on Cyrpis's shoulder as some of the people he had skipped in line grumbled angrily behind him. "Morning." He mumbled though her shoulder bone pressing into his Adam's apple made it somewhat difficult to speak.

He righted himself and adjusted his sunglasses back onto his nose. "Please tell me your packing some mean painkillers on you right now." He talked dryly as his hands moved to nurse his temples. He wasn't a stranger to hangovers but he normally handled them from the comfort of his own room. "Either that or were spiking our coffees." He smiled a bit at the second option, hoping that a flask was tucked somewhere in his bag. "Hair of the dog, ya know?"

Mentions: Cyrpis ( Eliruz Eliruz )

noah hughes
marlin's cafe to computer lab| txlos txlos

Noah noticed the little blush on her face, at least his quirkiness did something good for once. A small smile formed on his face, until he heard she had to go. He obviously understood though, didn't expect her to sit here with his miserableness forever. "Yeah no worries, I get it. I'll text you!" He said giving her a small smile and wave as she departed from his presence. He moved the hair from his face off and towards the back, sighing he felt lonely again. Just him and his books. Getting up from his seat he threw out his coffee cup that had been sitting there empty most of the conversation. Pulling his phone from his back pocket he tapped on the screen, a few text messages from his mother showed up. She was just checking in on him and how the year was starting off for him. He replied back to her before packing up the rest of his belongings.

The wind blew through his brown golden locks as he swung his backpack over one of his shoulders. Grabbing his skateboard from under the table, that he almost forgot about he lightly tossed it onto the ground and began to ride away from the cafe. It was time for his computer programming lab and he adored that class. What's more fun than being able to program your own tic tac toe game or build a website for an hour or two. No lecture, just working on the projects given.

He rode goofy footed, his right foot on the back of the board was his support and pushed off with his right. The breeze on his face felt nice as he rode on his board. It took him about five minutes to get to his lab's classroom and sitting down near the middle of the room he brought out his laptop.

Crap

It was nearly dead and his charger was at his apartment. He forgot to charge it the night before which is something he never usually does, but it was definitely going to affect him today. Hopefully his 30 percent would allow him to work on his project throughout the majority of the class.

Cypris Grace Phillips

Interactions: Carter ( Energie Energie )
Cypris stepped forward in line and gave a small sigh as she checked her phone for any messages; just as she thought, nothing from Carter. She was about to start grumbling when she heard the bell of the door and the angry comments of people behind her. Not having to turn around to know who it was, the female felt a weight on her shoulder, which to her excitement was her best friend. She turned her head and could already smell the sour scent of alcohol on his breath; typical Carter, drinking alcohol and staying up late. "Good morning, sleepy beauty." Cypris teased lightly before moving up in line, her sandals making minimal sound against the floor. Once in place, the smaller female turned to look at her friend, finding him looking like a zombie from Zombie Land. "You're the only person who I know who will drink right after a night of it, especially when you're hungover," she let out a gentle laugh before digging into her purse for some medication, "and I'd rather not spike my coffee, thank you very much; you know how much of a light weight I am."

After finding the medication, she pulled it out and handed it to him, a sigh escaping her lips. She spotted her mottled skin and her cheeks flushed brightly. "Is my Vitiligo distracting? I feel like I shouldn't of worn this.." Cypris motioned to her crop top, ripped jeans, and sandals; her mottled skin was visible just about anywhere her skin showed. This was something she still wasn't used to and hated wearing revealing clothes anywhere because people would ask if she was okay and if she had a skin cancer. Lowering her insecure eyes, she studied a few markings on her arms.

Carter Kingsley

"Drinking is like working out -- you're always gonna be a light weight until you learn how to loosen up and put yourself out there." He felt like a tape recorder as he plucked the pill from her hand with a teasing smile. Whether it was true that opposites attract or she was just his heaven-sent guardian angel, Carter enjoyed Cyrpis's company almost as much as he enjoyed his nights out. She was refreshing and had definitely opened up more as time passed. Plus she was a good listener -- a walking diary that he could unload his stories and feelings into without the hassle of finding a pen or journal.

"I feel like you
should wear stuff like this more." Carter stated as he popped the pills into his mouth and gave her a quick look over. He knew well of her insecurities of her medical condition but he tried to not let her dwell on it too much. "You dress like a nun most days. We go to a university on the beach. Don't be afraid to show some skin, Sister Cyrpis." He pressed his hands together in prayer and gave her a curt nod.

As the line moved, he stepped in front of her and placed their order knowing what she was going to get by heart. After paying he stepped aside and gave the crowded cafe a quick glance as he waited for the medicine to kick in. "We should start meeting at the gym. All the guys here scream studious, try-hard caffeine addict. Those are the worst in bed."

Mentions: Cyrpis ( Eliruz Eliruz )

guy.jpeg
Adriel

Adriel leaned back in his seat. That sounded pretty good. Not at all like fluff. Eh - he'd read it over after a short break. He glanced over at the counter, how long did hot chocolate take to make? His eyes slowly moved back to the laptop in front of him. The lack of hit favourite hot drink was making him irritated, which was a fact he convinced himself of instead of blaming himself for procrastinating. It wasn't that he didn't love writing papers, he did, he just didn't like feeling pressured to crank out something. Adriel was good at time management, but the surprise phone call from his father sent him for a loop.

"Adriel!" The woman behind the counter shouted. Though she'd pronounced it like adderall.

He let out a soft chuckle before standing. Just the break he needed - he hated thinking about his father. He took a step away from his bag and paused to glance back at his belongings. Nothing would get stolen, he hoped. Smiling he headed over to the counter. He was looking forward to sipping his favourite drink.​

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Carter ( Energie Energie ) & Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Rolling her eyes lightly at his statement about drinking, she moved forward with him as the next person moved up. Cypris knew he liked to drink til his liver and kidneys were abused to the point of shriveling up, but to her, drinking was just another way to get sick if you didn't want to go to class or an opportunity for a guy to get the nerve to talk to someone. "You remember the last time I drank!" The blonde groaned and slid her hand over her face in embarrassment; the last time she went out drinking with Carter, she ended up getting onto a table and throwing her shirt on a random guy's face before dancing like a crazy woman on crack. With a slightly reddened face, she was about to protest as he paid for her drink but quickly shut her mouth, knowing she'd get a witty quip right back.

As he began speaking about how she needed to wear clothes like this more often and referring to her as a nun, she huffed stubbornly Crossing her arms across her chest and glaring at him, Cypris purposely kicked his leg lightly. "Oh, like I need a lecture from you, Father Carter." She snorted back sarcastically, sliding her hands down to her hips as Carter turned and began talking about the gym, guys, and how the ones in the cafe were studious, therefore making them the worst in bed. With wide eyes, she lifted a hand to her face and pressed her palm to her forehead. "Just because they're studious doesn't mean-!"

"Carter and Cypris!"

Thankfully being cut off by the woman behind the counter, Cypris happily moved in front of Carter and grabbed their drinks. She quickly turned around and handed him his drink, a smile on her lips as she looked down a her own; it was practically burning her hands but the smell compensated for it. "You know me so well, best friend; let's go find a se-!" Cyrpis began walking without taking her eyes off her coffee, noticing a new logo printed onto the cup and ended up slamming right into another student; whoever this was worked out because it felt like she had slammed into a brick wall. With a loud yelp as she crashed into Adriel, she managed not to spill her coffee all over him and redirected it towards the floor. She felt her cheeks begin to flush brightly, a red dusting over her cheeks where her Vitiligo managed to miss. Quickly looking up, her caribbean optics meeting brown ones, her lips opened and tried to form any words but she couldn't find anything to say, so she quickly shut it so she could collect her thoughts. After a few moments of just staring at the man, she finally spoke, her voice quiet and almost came out sounding like a rushed squeak.

"I-I-I'm so sorry, are you okay? Oh god, I hope I didn't spill my coffee on you!"

guy.jpeg
Adriel

Adriel's eyes focused on his hot chocolate sitting on the counter. It was waiting for him and he was ready for it. He dodged and weaved between the people in the shop. He hadn't noticed how busy it had gotten. The path to his drink seemed clear and he glanced behind him at his belonging to make sure no one stole them. Good, they were exactly where he left them. He turned back around and collided with a young woman. Instinctively, his arms wrapped around her to keep her from falling. Coffee flew beside him and he felt the heat of the spray hit his legs. He was grateful for her smooth move.

He looked down at her, into those ocean eyes before noticing her reddening cheeks.

"Yeah-yeah. I'm all good. Thanks to your quick thinking," he said letting her go before motioning toward the coffee on the tile floor. "It's my fault, I wasn't paying attention." He smiled before running his hands through his hair. "Let me buy you another?"

He remembered her from his classes. It was Cypris and he was embarrassed that the only reason he knew it was because it was another name for Aphrodite. God, he felt like such a nerd. It was an easy pair though. She was stunning.

April Shorden

Ballet was something that April knew. It was something that was easy, something that was second nature, something that required effort, but not mental effort. She had been apart of the practice long enough to know the basics; hip down, heel forward, chin level to the floor, and so on. Her right hand gripped the barre as their warm-up continued, looking in the mirror every so often just to make sure that her body was in alignment, her elbow lifted, everything needed to make the perfect silhoutte. Dance was a lot of this, a lot of looking into a mirror and critiquing everything you saw, knowing that something could look better, something could be fixed, there was always something. Frustrated with the idea of it, the redhead turned her attention back forward by request of her professor, continuing through her class.

And the class went by just as smoothly as she could've hoped. April's body was slick with sweat, her pastel yellow leotard sporting some dark flecks of perspiration and her chest heaving as she went to gather her dance bag. No one really knew the amount of effort that went into this, the pain that was endured. Sitting down, she peeled a pointe shoe from her foot with a frown, her foot slightly bloody from too much work over it, and as she looked around, she could see many of the girls had met the same fate. It was part of the job, the bruised and bloody feet, the aching muscles that never seemed to stop, and above all, the going back to do it all over again the next day. Dance majors at AU were required to take four hours of class five days a week at minimum, which meant four hours of intense workouts every day. You'd think it would get old, huh? Well, not for April.

Waving a thank-you to her professor, the petite girl exited the studio, pulling her phone from her pocket and frowning a bit. No text from Noah, though she didn't blame him. Maybe he would get back to her later. For now, she started towards the computer lab to work on her Buddhism paper, sighing at the thought of sitting for the next few hours to stare at a screen.

Passively Mentions: Chappezi Chappezi

Carter Kingsley

Carter had been absently staring off around the cafe when Cyrpis gave him his drink, blindly following behind her. He'd almost slammed into her back as she collided with some else but stopped a foot short. He wasn't keen on finishing it but if they'd made the walk to the cafe at least one of them deserved to enjoy their drink.

However, he found himself holding the drink and putting more focus on the scene unfolding in front of him. Clumsiness had it perks apparently -- the way Cyrpis and the guy were staring into each others eyes. He coughed, clearing his throat far louder than necessary. "Do you Cyrpis Phillips take Angst Pot to be your loftily wedded husband?" A wide grin spread across his face as he took a sip of his drink. The moment was too good of one for him not to use it to his enjoyment.

"Hey, Dream Boy -- point me to your table. I have a wicked hangover and I don't want to lose my lunch while you and the ole wifey fight over whose fault it actually was." Carter muttered in an effort to give them a little time to catch up.

Mentions: Cyrpis ( Eliruz Eliruz ); Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Carter ( Energie Energie ), Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

The female felt a strong grip around her, a pair of protective arms wrapping around her and keeping her upright; her small body was jerked forward and her nose was buried into the man's shirt when she'd collided with him. For a single moment, she could smell a strong smell of cologne, and surprisingly it wasn't one that practically burned off someone's nose; this one was actually nice. Shaking herself out of her thoughts, Cypris blinked her eyes a few times before focusing in on what Adriel was saying. She was about to protest against him buying her a new coffee, to say she could get herself a new one but Carter spoke up before her, like usual. Looking back at him, her face burned an even brighter red and she began giving him a death glare.

Afraid that Carter was going to scare Adriel away, she quickly turned back to look up at the taller man, letting out a nervous laugh that was soft and almost bell like. Bringing a hand up to her neck self consciously and beginning to toy with her necklace, she decided to put herself out there more and accept his offer.

"I'm sorry about crashing into you and Carter's smartass comments; I noticed they had a new logo and wasn't watching where I was going." The female explained before nodding her head, reaching down to grab her now empty and practically smashed cup. Once she straightened up and fixed her crop top, she tossed the cup into the trash can. "I..sure! I'd love that; do you mind if we sit at your table? It's getting kinda cramped in here," she asked properly, jamming her elbow into her best friend's side with a grin.

guy.jpeg
Adriel

Adriel looked over at Carter. "Angst pot?" He said quietly. Angst Pot. It sounded like an insult, one of the strangest he'd heard yet though, maybe it was the hangover talking? He shook his head before looking down at Cypris. "Eh-no need to apologize." He grinned at her. "Right. I don't mind at all. I'm over there." Adriel pointed to a table by the window. "The lonely laptop and Adidas bag," he added. His table was probably the only one that didn't have three or four students huddled around it.

Adriel hadn't expected to get company, not that he minded, but had he known he would have chosen a slightly bigger table; his laptop nearly swallowed the whole thing. He looked back at the two in front of him, his gaze resting on Carter for a moment, he seemed like an interesting guy and definitely the kind that kept you on your toes. Adriel returned his attention back to Cypris.

"I didn't even introduce myself," He said with a short laugh. "I'm Adriel or-I suppose Dream Boy, according to him." He motioned toward Carter with a smile.

After a moment, he glanced at the line behind him. "So, what'll it be?" He asked before scooting backwards to save a spot. This place was never busy when he arrived, but the moment he wanted something people flooded in.

Jude Beaumont / Dorm > Cafe

Jude huffed in annoyance at the sound of his upset stomach. He was running on empty, trying to get his paper finished for one of his classes and had completely abandoned getting food. Now, it was catching up to him. Pushing his laptop to the side, Jude stood up in his dorm and wandered over to his wardrobe to change. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen anything else besides the four walls of his room and knew it was time to get out. He could do with a coffee, anyway. He would just have to take his laptop with him and finish the remaining few chapters he had left to write. He had plenty of time but the idea of handing in work that wasn’t done to the best of his ability made him shudder.

He decided on a salmon pink button-up top paired with jeans that he had to turn up and his signature denim jacket. Once his beige converse were on, he grabbed his laptop, phone, wallet and a pack of smokes and headed the short route to the cafe. The best thing about living on campus was how easily accessible everything was. On the way, he indulged in his habit of a cigarette. He would quit someday, but today he had more important matters at hand. Upon arrival, he headed straight to the queue and ordered some coffee and a breakfast-type meal before scanning the cafe for an empty seat. He found one in the shape of a booth and snagged it before anybody else, opening up his laptop once more to work on his essay while waiting out on his order.

Last edited:

Carter Kingsley

Carter ignored Cypris's eyes probably staring a burning hole into him. His attention was all on the guy in front of them. Decent looking and apparently cool, calm and collected with girls -- or with Cypris at least. He gave a grunt of approval mostly for his own well-being. "Charmed. Pleasure, I'm sure." Carter mused as the boy introduced his name and turned his attention back to his best friend. "I'll take a peach scone, sweetheart." He gently nudged Cypris pushing her a little closer to Adriel before turning to walk towards the table the boy had gestured towards.

"Don't let me catch the twos of ya sneaking off to no bathroom." Carter called over his shoulder as he walked off. "My little girl's practically a virgin. And I'm too young to be an uncle."

Carter's weight melted into the seat as he got to the table. He set there idle simply happy that the medication was kicking in and his headache had begun to fade. For all the trouble he'd given her, he was happy Cypris was meeting someone. She was by no means a hermit but it was refreshing to see her spark up something outside of him. And with a decent looking boy at that.

He let his eyes jaunt around the cafe once more before finally allowing them to fall on the biggest thing on the table. He nonchalantly gestured at the touchpad, only faintly surprised when the screen came to life. He made casual work of reading whatever was opened up in an attempt to kill some time until the others made it back to the table.

Mentions: Cyrpis ( Eliruz Eliruz ); Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris

noah hughes
computer lab| txlos txlos

The hour passed by fast and his laptop died 50 minutes in, but he felt confident in what he was able to accomplish in the class before it ended. It was nothing super special today, just the professor talking about what the next assignment is and them downloading everything they would need to build it. This one was simple and something Noah had done a few times before, it was just creating a website for well, anything he wanted it to be. That was probably the hardest part for him, finding one thing to base his website on. There were just so many options it was hard to pick one. Gathering his things together he took a minute to pull out his phone and slid up to access the home screen after his phone recognized his face. He stared a the tulip next to the contact name 'April' and smiled for a second, it fit well next to her name. He wondered if he should text her, or if it would be too soon since he just left her before this class.

Sitting up from his seat he shook his head and stuffed his phone back into his pocket. He chickened out and decided to wait a little longer so he wouldn't come off as creepy. He was just excited, to actually go out and experience the word with someone as pretty as her. He could just imagine the water blowing through her red hair as it glistening from being touched by the sun. After snapping out of it he swung his backpack onto his shoulder and began making his way to the cafeteria. He was hungry and needed some fuel before entering into his study mode for tomorrow's human physiology quiz. it wasn't anything too serious, just a practical of him naming the dozens of bones in the body and then pointing out where they are. He sighed.

Just do it

Pulling out his phone he finally worked up some confidence, normally this wasn't a problem for him. Normally, he was confident, but this time it was different and he couldn't figure out why that was. He was actually nervous to talk to a girl. What had gotten into him? Has he just been out of the game for that long or did he actually have a special feeling for this girl whom he just met. His fingers began texting and then after hesitating for a few seconds he finally hit send.

- Hey! So when are you free to travel the seas?
- Noah btw

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Carter ( Energie Energie ), Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Her eyes landed on Adriel as he smiled and introduced himself; Cypris nearly melted where she was standing, and the fact that a man like Adriel was even talking to her confused her greatly. With the red tint remaining dusted on her cheeks, she introduced herself. "I'm Cypris or Sister Cypris as Carter likes to put it; he thinks I'm practically a nun." The female chuckled with a hint of nervousness laced into her tone; well, Carter wasn't necessarily wrong. She never went out on dates, she was pretty much a virgin, and never drank too much.

Cypris could already tell Carter had more to say, but surprisingly, she just got a grunt of..was that approval? Just when she thought there were no more witty comments left in the man, well..she was completely wrong. Her eyes flickered up to her best friend who requested a peach scone to which she nodded to and grabbed her card. Lifting her chin back up towards Adriel with a small smile, she felt a hand on her back and a sudden gentle shove, nearly bumping into the handsome male in front of her again. Biting her bottom lip gently and stepping line with Adriel, her body stiffened rigidly; he did not just say that. Whipping around, throwing a glare at Carter, her face heating up on more. She made a cut throat sign at him and slid it across her neck, a groan leaving her lips.

Cypris turned back around and looked at Adriel apologetically. "I'm sorry about that, ugh..hazel nut latte with whole milk and I'll pay for Carter's peach scone." She spoke loud enough over the crowd for him to hear. As much as she loved Carter and couldn't live without him, sometimes he did and said the most embarrassing things; that's what a best friend is for, right? To embarrass you and make you actually want to be a nun, but make you love them anyways.

Emery Nolan
Interactions: April ( txlos txlos ), Carter ( Energie Energie )

Emery lifted a hand to comb his fingers through his white tresses as he made his way to the cafe; he was going to pick up drinks for April and himself; he'd just gotten out of dance class and needed a cup of hot joe to keep him chugging along. Making his way to the door, he grabbed the handle and pulled it open, his eyes lifting as he glanced towards the bell above him. With a shrug, he looked forward and glanced up to find a blonde man speaking of someone's virginity or something along those lines, which made him furrow his brows.

He chewed the inside of his cheek gently as he studied the male, his blue gaze flickering forwards as the line moved up. He swallowed gently and moved forward in line, adjusting his sweatpant that he shoved on over his leotard; he'd gotten many..rude comments for dancing and liking men, but he brushed it his shoulder like yesterday's old dust.

Emery quickly fished out his phone from his pocket and texted April.

《'Getting the usual! :) I'll see you in 10, bestie!'》
Hitting send, he shoved his phonr back into his pant pocket and moved up, a happy smile tugging at his lips; April was the light of his life ever since he'd gotten here. She was always so helpful with assignments, life advice, and was always there to support him. Of course, already having met her at a few competitions and even going to the same dance classes after a few years in a horrible studio with a mean instructor who was apparently homophobic. [FONT]

Last edited:

Jude Beaumont / Cafe

The second Jude heard his order being called, he slid out from the booth he was occupying and collected his food and coffee. He appreciated how good it looked laid out on the tray as he brought it back to the table, with the hopes it would taste as good as it looked. He pushed his laptop to the side so he could dig into his lunch, a yogurt parfait with granola and peaches. It was simple but it did the job of keeping him satisfied. It didn't take him long to finish it and before he knew it, his fingers were tapping across his keyboard once more to finish off his essay. It was an analysis of Fight Club, a film he loved but was quickly growing bored of due to the countless hours he had spent writing about it and analysing scenes.

Once he'd written out the last sentence of his entire essay, he sighed in content and stretched his arms out tiredly before leaning back against the plush material of the booth. Finally, he thought, as he took another look around the cafe which seemed to be busier than he'd last seen it. By the time he'd finished his essay, he had finished his coffee too. It was something he'd grown to like, considering he was never the biggest fan of coffee. The caffeine buzz helped keep him awake and working, so he relied on it heavily to get him through the next few years.

guy.jpeg
Adriel

Adriel chuckled softly before shoving his hands into his pockets. Carter was something else; he didn't seem to care much about tact or couth for that matter. Whatever popped into his head came out his mouth. Though he did enjoy how it made Cypris respond - she was all sorts of flustered whenever Carter spoke, which was endearing. "I'll pretend I heard nothing," Adriel said glancing down at her. "If that makes you feel better." He gave her small smile. He'd learned one thing about people like Carter and that was just to roll with the punches. A lesson he aptly learned from his disagreeable father.

The lined neared the counter and he fished his wallet from his back pocket. The lady behind the counter asked for his order.

His eyes rested on Cypris for a moment before returning to the cashier. "Hazel nut latte with whole milk," he spoke slowly. Those words felt so foreign to him. "And a peach scone." He felt partially to blame for Carter's humorous harassment today. Quickly, he handed the money to the lady. "It's the least I could do."

Crap. His hot chocolate! He looked over at the counter and sighed when he saw it still sitting there all alone.

April Shorden

This essay was going to be the death of her - that much she was sure of. It wasn't the topic that didn't interest her, it was the multi-page paper, sitting in this room and getting a headache due to the florescence that was slowly killing any motivation that she had. It needed to get done though, it was her grade, and if she was ever hoping of obtaining her master's degree, April knew that she would need nothing less than straight As. So with pointer fingers rubbing her temples and a quick swig of water, her nimble fingers went back to flicking across the keyboard.

It wasn't until three pages into the paper that a distraction presented itself, her phone buzzing once, and then once more a moment later. Pushing away from the computer, the redhead pulled out her phone, smiling at the message from Emery. He was truly her best friend, someone she could tell everything to, someone who wouldn't bother knocking before walking into her apartment, someone she trusted. And trusting a fellow dance major in a place like this was difficult, to say the least. Everyone was supposed to be your competition, everyone was motivation to get better, but that wasn't the dynamic for her and her blonde friend. Emery was like a sibling, the two keeping each other sane in the crazy world of the arts. With a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips, April responded to his message and looked at the time.

To: Emery-Bear
< You're an angel. See you soon <3 >

Flicking back to her inbox, April tilted her head slightly at a strange number, two new messages from it. She clicked the message box with pursed lips, though it was quickly replaced with a flush of crimson to her cheeks and a subtle grin. Noah. Her panic had been for nothing, as per usual, and she couldn't help but think back to their conversation earlier that day. He was so nice and welcoming, someone who seemed like he was getting his life together, which was refreshing to see in a town filled with college students, unsure of where exactly they were going. But he was just someone looking for friends, that had to be it, right? Well... maybe. Dismissing the thoughts, blue eyes focused on the iPhone screen, tapping out a message and clicking send before returning to her dreaded paper.

To: Noah
< Hey! Usually evenings are pretty open if that works for you ^_^ >

Chappezi Chappezi Eliruz Eliruz

Alyssa Anderson
Alyssa turned to her left when she noticed a girl, who seemed to be wating for a table as well, waving at her. There was a table that had just opened up and the girl suggested sharing it. "I don't mind at all," Alyssa replied, "I just have to get started on a paper." She sat down at the empty table quickly, before anyone else could snag it, as the girl introduced herself as Kim. "I'm Alyssa," she smiled. She pulled her laptop out of her brown book bag and opened it up, ready to get to work. She typed out the header of the document then paused to think.

This Kim girl seemed nice, maybe she should try and start a conversation. She considered for a second when her name was called out and she got up to get her tea. She grabbed it and sat back down at the shared table.
"So, what do you study Kim?" Alyssa asked, putting her paper to the side for a second and instead decided to focus on to trying make a friend.

Carter Kingsley

The laptop screen barely held Carter's interest for more than a few minutes. Too many expressive terms. A whole lot of analysis. The epitome of a coffee-shop essay -- maybe it was the music or the smell of roasting beans that made the quaint little place a factory-like environment for cranking out stuffy essays.

He was not sure what he was expecting to find. Most people who had something to hide kept their secrets on their phone. He was sure most anyone, stranger or friend, could keep entertained for hours if they every got their hand on his phone. But, he changed his password so regularly that even he forgot sometimes. He had nothing to hide necessarily. He owned up to at least 86% of his actions; however, his parents or the people who worked for them seemed to want to keep his wilder tendencies at bay. Some shit about him becoming an adult and leaving his adolescent antics behind.

He gave a quick glance over to Adriel and Cypris, practically seeing the little hearts float around their heads. He was sure Cypris would extend their interaction as long as she could because given the chance, Carter was the perfect interrogator. The bad cop to Cypris inherent, ever-present good cop. But, he'd let her have her moment; especially if he was going to get a peach scone out of it.

He tapped his fingers along the hard surface of the table, licking his lip and adjusting his glasses as he tried to make time past by a little faster. He wasn't one for sitting idle too long and absently-fished out his phone and scrolled through his recent messages. He stopped once he got to ROSIE and scrolled up to see he'd sent her a few drunken messages. <Water U Doin?> <Met a cute boi <33 you should too.> <Sorre. that was for cypris love u slut> <wedding at my placace. bring champagne and a stripper>

He shook his head sure that Rose had had similar nights. But made quick work of typing a coherent message and hitting send:

<< Brotherly check in. Hope you are still alive. Brush your teeth. Change your underwear. Lmk if you still want to come home with me next week. >>

Their parents were being recognized at some event for their dedication to making their city a more desirable place to live or some generic accolade like that. But, it was a way for him to get away from school and immerse himself back into his old life and his eventual future one. Rose may not be in a rush to chase after what he viewed as the inevitable but coffee shops, Cypris and cute boys were just a waypoint before he was back home fulltime.

Mentions: Cyrpis ( Eliruz Eliruz ); Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris ); Rose ( Soap Soap )

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Cyrpis slowly lifted her eyes to Adriel's as he glanced down and gazed at her for a moment before saying he'd disregard and forget about it if she wanted. With her already flushed cheeks, she just smiled and shook her head. "No, it's alright; he already said it, so no reason to." Cypris shrugged her shoulders lightly before noticing him looking towards the hot chocolate on the counter; oh, that's right! He had been called to get his drink but she..kinda knocked into him. Pushing her way out of line, she disappeared into the crowded area for people waiting for their drinks. Finally getting to the counter, she grabbed his hot chocolate; it was thankfully warm still.

Keeping it close to her as she met Adriel near the crowd, she handed him his drink and chuckled. "Thankfully, it was still hot. And thank you; you didn't have to pay for Carter's scone, let me pay you back for that atleast." The female stubbornly pulled out her wallet and began fishing for money to pay him back with.

Emery Nolan
Interactions: April ( txlos txlos )
Mentions: Carter ( Energie Energie ), Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Emery sighed softly, the line moving, slowly but surely. After many moments of checking his phone and texting April some stupid stickers, he finally made it to the front of the line. He pulled of his order code and lifted it to the woman to see; boy, was it useful to order ahead of time. The woman behind the counter grumpily scanned the code and handed him his receipt. Emery moved past Cypris and Adriel, a polite smile on his lips; snagging the drink tray and bag of April's favorite pasteries, he pushed his way out. His eyes fell onto the golden blonde male that he saw when he first walked in, he tilted his head to the side for a moment. He seemed familiar and had a very..high ranking look to him; he was very good looking. A woman grumbled and pushed past Emery, causing him to release a small squeak, his blue eyes wide. Swallowing thickly and snapping out of his thoughts, the short male quickly made his way to the door and quickly exited.

The blonde made his way down the street, into one of the main buildings, and into the computer lab, trying his best to be silent. Tip toeing up behind his best friend as she worked, he quickly put the bag in front of her face and snickered.

"Guess who!"

Jude Beaumont - Cafe

Jude ran a hand through his tousled curls, brushing them out of his face as a few strands had flopped forward in front of his eyes. He needed a haircut, sure, but he had neither the motivation nor time for such a thing. He loved his hair, despite the fact it was becoming a nuisance to work with. He wasn't willing to admit how much time and effort he put into it in the morning, even though it still looked unkempt. It was the way he had learned to like it.

He lifted his hips up so he could slide his phone out of his front pocket before busying himself with replying to some texts from friends, either from university or back home. Once they were replied to, he found himself pulling up his Tinder app. He'd been coerced into making one by his friend who thought it'd be a great idea for Jude to meet someone, but with no idea what he was really looking for, he just used it to blow off some steam and to help his boredom. He deemed it interesting to see familiar faces on the app that he'd seen around campus, especially since his interests were both male and female. Naturally, he grew up believing he was straight, but soon discovered otherwise when he had developed quite the crush on his childhood best friend, Leo. He had to admit that Tinder was a great way for self-discovery, as even then Jude wasn't 100% sure exactly what or who he was into. He could appreciate the beauty of women, too, but wasn't completely sure that meant he was willing to settle down with one, which is where Tinder came in handy. He'd never gotten anything serious out of the app, wasn't really sure he wanted to, but meeting new people was something he always enjoyed.

Keenan Jones
Interactions: Jude ( sunsets sunsets )

Keenan stretched out his broad shoulders, rolling them slowly to release tension from his muscles. Looking around the cafe, there was hardly any seating; many groups of students were crowded around different tables, which left virtually none. With a low grunt with his drink now in his hand, the brute made his way through the crowded area. He continued to survey for any open table, but instead of finding one, he found a curly-haired male, looking down at his phone; he was quite adorable with his curls, rounder face, and slightly younger features.

Keenan put a warm smile on his lips before making his way towards the male's table.

"Ugh, hi; I'm Keenan Jones." He introduced and extended a hand to shake. "Do you mind if I have a seat here? It's so crowded right now!"

Jude Beaumont - Cafe
Interaction: Eliruz Eliruz

Jude looked up from his phone when a voice broke him out of his train of thought. He saw the warm smile on the face of someone Jude could only begin to describe as a male god. He was handsome and rugged and took Jude completely by surprise. He'd blame that on the fact he had just been completely zoned in on his phone, which was now locked and resting on the table before him. He parted his lips to speak before closing it again. Clearing his throat, he reached his hand out to shake the man's hand, whose name he found out was Keenan Jones.

"Yes, please. Take a seat." Jude offered, once he'd collected his thoughts and his brain had allowed him to actually form a sentence. He was reluctant to drop his hand back down to his side but did after a few seconds. "I'm Jude. It's nice to meet you, Keenan." He expressed. "I suppose everyone had the same idea. Get their coffee fix while they can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back