• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Keenan Jones
Interactions: Jude ( sunsets sunsets )

Keenan chuckled softly, the sound resonating and vibrating through his broad chest; the male in front of him gaped, which was beyond cute. Raising a dark brow and squeezing the man's hand that he now knew as Jude. "Thank you, Jude. It's nice to meet you." Keenan replied, his voice deep and smooth with a Brooklyn accent; he'd grown up in a smaller neighborhood and had gotten the accent from his parents. Gazing at the male, he tilted his head slightly and grinned.

"It would seem that way; never thought I'd see this many people here again. It's never as busy as this anymore," the brute looked around and chuckled once more; he remembered when he first here, when the cafe didn't usually get this much business. Turning back to peer at Jude with his brown hues, he rested his coffee on the table and pulled out a chair to sit down in. Keenan hunkered himself down into the chair and grunted softly, his muscles beginning to protest. "I need to get more Icy-Hot for my damn back; hurts like a bitch." He grumbled softly before turning his attention back to Jude, his fingers lifting to comb through his messy locks. "So, what brings you here? Trying to get your fix? Or school work?"

Jude Beaumont - Cafe
Interaction: Eliruz Eliruz

Jude picked up on the accent belonging to Keenan pretty easily and it caused him to smile. Jude himself couldn't quite pinpoint what his own accent was. He was American-sounding with a strong tinge of French, which was the best way he could describe it. He thought back to the first time he'd started visiting the cafe. He was never one to study in such a place, which he attributed to the fact he couldn't stand the strong coffee smell. Now, he was able to tolerate it. He had only started studying in the cafe because he needed to get out of his dorm before it drove him mad. "Trying to get my fix to complete school work. Otherwise, I think I'd be a walking corpse." He responded with a light chuckle.

Jude could sense the fact Keenan seemed to be in pain and his eyebrows rose up out of curiosity. "What happened to your back?" He asked, already having his own assumptions that it was gym-related. Keenan seemed like the type to work-out, considering he looked incredibly fit. Not like Jude was staring.

View attachment 570951
Adriel

Adriel nodded as she followed his gaze. Cypris disappeared in the crowd and returned moments later with his hot chocolate in her hands. "Thanks," he said taking it out of her hands. Heat emanated from the cup and he smiled, glad it was still hot. Adriel shook his head. "Honestly, you don't have to do that." He moved away from the counter. "How about." He paused looking into her blue eyes. "We do an IOU because I'm not taking your money." He half smiled at her.

The lady behind the counter handed him the scone and left again to go get her coffee. Adriel handed her the scone before pulling out his phone. He wasn't usually this forward, but he didn't have many friends here and she seemed nice. Looking at the phone in his hand made his mouth dry. "Can I-uh. Get your number?" He asked, his confidence wavering as he held out his phone. His brown eyes watched her carefully before glancing at her skin. He hadn't noticed the different pigmentation earlier; he'd heard of it before but couldn't remember what it was called and he certainly didn't have the guts to ask yet.

tumblr_m919tpMk141r6pp6ao2_250.gif

Rose Kingsley
Rose twiddled with the pencil in her hands, hitting it against the table lightly. Increasing her speed as the lecture continued, a buzz from her phone quickly redirected her attention. Rolling her eyes at the message, she squashed an amused grin as she caught the earlier messages between them both while she replied with her free hand:

To: Carter

<< Yes, still alive. Done, and... damn it. Looks like I forgot the second one, whoops. >>

Rose bit her lip, she knew she didn't give him an answer about visiting home just yet. And, being well, Rose. She was one for avoiding the things she didn't want to do, so, naturally, avoiding giving Carter an answer... avoided her problems. Simple. It's not that she completely despised her parents, really. But it was safe to say Carter was the only genuinely liked family member.

Surprisingly, she'd caught someone's unwanted attention. "Tired? Ms. Kingsley?" The 'professor' asked. So, maybe Rose didn't take him seriously. He had an ego that just... wasn't doing it for her. She'd rather learn instead of hearing about his own experiences, or... dare she say it. His work. Which, again; she didn't take seriously. "If you'd like my honest opinion." The blonde looked up to the ceiling in mock thought before meeting his gaze with her own.

"Yes."

Quiet murmurs surrounded her and it only made the corner of her lips tilt into a smile. Rose was more than sure he had something going on with one of the students, she was... observant. His gaze would linger on one specific girl a bit too long; for either of their liking, at least... she's desperately hoping the poor girl didn't like it. His gaze roamed around the students, making the hushed whispers come to a stop. "Well then, maybe you'll suddenly be more interested next week. Why don't you show yourself out?" Kicked out of a classroom so soon?

She's not surprised.

Grabbing her bag, she swung it over her shoulder, smile still clear on her face, she gave a nod to the professor. "Gladly. Don't let me disturb you though, do please continue talking about your high school yearbook photos. I'm sure you did great on those." Rose saluted and exited the room without another word.

A few minutes later, she winded up at the cafe. Which seemed to be the perfect hangout supposedly, instead of going to order a drink, her gaze had fallen on her brother. Besides Rose was hardly interested in waiting for a cold drink, especially when she would've ordered a hot one. Walking to the table, she placed both her hands on it rather roughly, and raised her eyebrows at the other blonde. "Hey, big brother." She hadn't been at the univeristy long,

so, she wouldn't know who her brother usually hangs out with; or well, if he had any friends at all...

She mock pouted. "All alone? I was expecting a hot coffee date. Sounds a bit boring if I say so myself, but aren't you into boring?" She teased and took a seat next to him.

Energie Energie

Last edited:

noah hughes
cafeteria| txlos txlos

There were plenty of options inside the dining hall, Mexican, Asian, American, and more. He was glad this wasn't like high school where he just had to eat whatever slop was thrown onto his tray, that was disgusting. The real question was, was he in the mood for a sub sandwich, quesadillas, or a cheeseburger. He tapped his right foot against the tile flooring looking at each of the stations, trying to make a decision. Finally he decided maybe a cheeseburger with some fries would do him some justice. Not for his body, but for his own sanity and comfort. He'd been working hard which made him feel like he deserved it. Either way he would just work it off in the gym or while he practiced for soccer later.

Checking his phone he hadn't gotten a response yet and sighed putting it away. Grabbing his ticket for his order he waited with the group of students who were also waiting for their orders. Above the pick up area there was a screen with numbers and the order numbers they had ready and the ones they were preparing. He hoped this wasn't going to be as slow as his coffee today, but luckily it wasn't. About five minutes of patiently waiting Noah grabbed his order after '47' was called and walked to the register to pay using his meal plan. Swiping his card he smiled at the lunch lady, wishing her a good day and then proceeded to find a booth to sit at and enjoy his meal. After sitting down and grabbing some napkins he pulled his phone out after feeling a slight buzz. Could that be her? It was.

To April (Tulip):
<< Evening sounds great. Tomorrow at 6pm? I'll bring the food ;) >>

Noah put his phone away and then began to enjoy his meal, after this he had one more class before he could be done for the day, but it was a lab class. Which meant he'd be in there for quite a while rotting away.

Cypris Grace Phillips

Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Cypris smiled warmly back at him, handing him his drink and nodded in acknowledgement. "You're welcome." She replied and blinked; an IOS? That was a bit odd, but she went with it; usually that was used similar to a tab. "Alright, but just know, I'll pay you back some way and you won't expect it!" Gratefully taking the scone, her blue hues flickered up to the male, and her cheeks went ablaze as he whipped out his phone and asked for her number. With careful movements, the female took his phone and typed in her name into the name bar before putting her information in. "There ya' go, just don't prank call me and freak me out." Cyrpis joked lamely and mentally face palmed; prank call? What kind of joke was that?! She sucked at talking to guys, but this one seemed to work with her, even if she was horribly awkward.

Lifting her eyes to his, she found him staring at her skin; oh great, she was going to be asked if she was diseased or dying, wasn't she? She swallowed thickly and opened her lips to explain her condition. "Ah, I guess you saw this." She motioned to her uneven pigment along her arms and neck. "I have a medical condition called Vitiligo; it makes me ugh..well, look like I'm an unfinished puzzle. Oh, and I have Africa on my arm!" Flipping her arm up to show him, surely enough there was a continent-shaped patch of pale skin. She felt like a complete nerd sharing this, but she found it pretty cool; she especially loved it when someone outlined them to form cool shapes, but she didn't dare share that with him.

Keenan Jones

The male could hear a foreign accent within Jude's voice and it made him gaze at him for a moment; good looking, seemed to have an amazing personality, and had a foreign accent. To him, it seemed like Jude was an exchange student but why would he be here? So that option was ruled out; maybe he was just born in a different country and moved to America? Trying to piece everything together, he seemed to just stare into Jude's eyes until he heard his voice. This snapped him out of his thoughts and brought his attention back to the male, who was speaking of his reason for being at the cafe.

Keenan chuckled with an understanding twinkle in his dark eyes. "Ah, I know how that goes; I have classes later on this afternoon, so I went ahead and got in a work out." He lifted his bag from the floor, indicating that it was his workout duffel; in the process of picking it up, his thick bicep curled and flexed, his veins beginning to show along his arm. After he set the bag down, he turned to look at Jude who looked at him in curiosity. "Today was Back and Arm day, though it isn't recommended that you work out two sets of muscle groups. I didn't ugh," he cleared his throat, "I didn't follow that advice and pulled a muscle in my back."

april shorden

"You're an angel!" April squealed as she snatched the bag from Emery's hand, her eyes lighting up as she dug inside and pulled out a slice of lemon loaf and stuffing it into her mouth. The taste was exactly what she needed to wake up a little bit, just a little zing to help finish off the last few pages of the paper she was attempting to write. Moving her stuff to the side, the redhead made room for her friend to sit before swallowing her bite and looking up at him. "So I may have met a guy," She started with a broad grin, eyes glistening with what couldn't be described as anything other than hope. It had been ages since April had gone out on a proper date, and the guy had made a point to get her number. He even asked when she was free, that was an indication of a date, right? Well, it was to her. "My god Emery," She continued, gushing as she melted back into her seat. "He's hot as all hell, bright blue eyes, dark hair, and he's a pre-med student! Like actually wants to be a doctor, pre-med student!" A buzz of her phone interrupted her rambling, the girl scrambling to reach for it and open a text from Noah. As she read the screen a stupid grin plastered on her lips, one she attempted to bite back but failed miserably. "It's him, hold on," Not trying to be rude, she quickly typed a reply, reread it for any errors, then sent it off Noah's way.

To: Noah
< Yeah, 6 is good for me! I'll meet you at the docks? >

Placing her phone back on the desk, April looked back to her friend, putting her elbows on her knees and letting her head plop into her hands. "We're going sailing tomorrow at six," She cooed, wide eyed like a baby deer. "He knows how to sail, he's a pre-med student. How do those kinds of people even exist? It's just mean."

Chappezi Chappezi Eliruz Eliruz

Emery Nolan
Interactions: April ( txlos txlos )
Mentions: Noah ( Chappezi Chappezi )

Emery laughed as the bag was snatched by the apparently starving woman, his brow furrowing. "I know, and I'm going to take a guess you had very little to eat today." He inquired teasingly and watched as she stuffed her face before moving her things so he had a place to sit. Quickly sitting, the male set his dance bag down; she seemed more joyful than usual and it hadn't happened for a while. April usually only got like this when a cute guy asked her out or she got a new dance routine, so he had to get it was one of the two. As she started to speak of this new guy, Emery chuckled, his blue gaze filled with amusement and envy for her ability to find such amazing men.

He leaned back in the chair and groaned.
"Why are you so good at finding men? What are your secrets? I must know," he joked, resting his head back to stare up at the ceiling; he hadn't had a date since high school because dance had pretty much become his husband and he wasn't willing to give it up for a guy. Closing his eyes slowly, he combed a hand through his hair before leaning forward and looking at her.

"Do I get to interrogate him
? What's his name? If he hurts you, I will make sure he can't hurt anyone else." Beginning to ramble, Emery pretended to pull out a finger gun and shoot the computer screen, a.k.a. the man she was talking about.

guy.jpeg
Adriel

Adriel smiled at her before making a cross over his heart. "I promise I will not prank call you," he said, drawing out the 'I' before smiling down at her. "But, I'll give you fair warning, my phone has been glitching lately," he added with a wink. Was that lame? It felt pretty lame. He was caught off guard when she saw him staring and he felt rude for staring, but he honestly hadn't noticed earlier. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare," he said before she continued to explain her condition.

Vitiligo, he'd look more into it later, that's the kind of nerd he was. He loved looking into new words, conditions, and honestly, anything he was unfamiliar with. He knew he'd heard of it before, but being an English major it wasn't something he chose to remember. Cypris flipped over her arm and showed him a patch that looked like a well-known continent. "Holy crap. You weren't kidding." His eyes lit up before he slid his free hand under her arm and traced the shape with his thumb. "That's pretty cool," he said grinning. "Not many people can brag about that," he added before meeting her gaze.

april shorden

"Em, you've known me for years, how often do I actually go out on dates?" April laughed with a roll of her eyes, stuffing another piece of lemon loaf into her mouth and pulling her laptop back open. "Besides, maybe it's not even a date, maybe he's just a nice guy." And there it was. The pretty redhead had a bad habit of doubting herself whenever a guy took interest, the few times they did, and it killed any hope she had of it being anything further. Though it wasn't something she wanted, it's not like April wanted to doubt a guy could actual like her, it was just a default setting. The difference was, Noah seemed like he was genuinely interested, the little time they spent together, and maybe he was.

Shaking the thoughts from her head, April groaned and ran her hands through thick ginger hair before placing her forehead down on the desk. "No, you don't get to interrogate him," She huffed, shooting Emery a faux look of disdain . April could never feel such a thing towards her blonde best friend, but hey, it was worth a shot. "I don't need you scaring pretty doctor boy away, I have a feeling I'm going to be doing that all by myself." With that, April grabbed her ankle and set it in her lap, massaging the sore muscles and thinking about the outing she would be going on tomorrow. It was exciting, but also nerve wracking, so nerve wracking she was debating inviting Emery to come over and spend the night just to help boost her confidence through the night and into the next day.

Eliruz Eliruz

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Cypris couldn't help but laugh at his joke, her eyes shimmering with joy but as soon as he added the wink, she felt her cheeks grow warm with a reddened flush once more; she had to admit, that was a pretty smooth line and it was super cheesy, but it was definitely something she hadn't heard before. "I guess I gotta keep an ear out, just in case your phone decides to butt dial me." She snickered and felt someone tap her shoulder. Turning her head, she found the woman with her latte in hand, a grumpy look on her face. Cypris thanked her quckly and turned her attention back to Adriel, who apologized for staring.

"Oh! It's alright! Everyone does, so it's something I'm used to." The female lifted her free hand and dismissively waved off his apology; she was used to being stared at, so it didn't bother her that he did as well. In fact, she felt fine with him looking at her skin condition for some reason, where it'd taken awhile to let Carter see just what her Vitiligo entailed.

As she watched Adriel lift his hand and gently rest it underneath her somewhat thin arm, she felt his thumb slide across her sensative skin. This resulted in a small shiver to creep down her spine and goose bumps to appear on her arms; normally, it wasn't this sensitive and in this case, it bewildered her. "Having this comes with its perks and downsides; I mean, I have Africa on my arm, but I constantly get questions like 'Oh my god! Are you dying?'" She mimicked a worried voice and flailed her free hand dramatically.

Emery Nolan
Interactions: April ( txlos txlos )

Emery let out a grunt as she began doubting herself, typical April; as long as he's known her, she's always had a problem accepting the fact that there are guys out there that like her for her and not just for the outside of her, but also her personality and beautiful heart. He swatted at her shoulder playfully and rolled his eyes. "You've gone on more dates than I have! And you have good luck with men; you're a steal! Hell, if I wasn't gay to the bone, I'd snag you up myself, but sadly, I love men with my whole being." The male huffed and crossed his arms childishly; he couldn't have his fun and torture the poor man, nor could he even get close without her flipping out because she was definitely afraid he'd actually interrogate him.

Thinking back to the cafe, he did see a handsome blonde there who was on their phone, texting; he pondered if he'd ever see that guy again. Would he be worth mentioning to April? He is her best friend, and they usually tell eachother everything. Biting his lip, Emery turned his gaze on April as she started to stretch her leg. "I did see a cute guy at the Cafe though, but didn't get the chance to stop and say hi to him.." He mumbled quietly, knowing she'd want just about every detail and more.

Jude Beaumont - Cafe

It's almost as though Jude could see the cogs turning in Keenan's brain as he studied Jude. He got it a lot. People were always unsure of what exactly he was, but it was usually followed up with a simple explanation if he was asked about his accent. Jude reached his hand out and played with the empty coffee cup just to occupy his hands. He always felt the need to be doing something, but perhaps that was down to the fact he played guitar and liked to be doing something with his hands at all times. It was an annoying little habit he had picked up long ago.

Jude watched as Keenan retrieved his duffle back from underneath the table. Called it, he thought but focused in on the way Keenan's biceps seemed to flex. Jeez. He tried not to stare and hoped he was successful in the matter, clearing his throat to train his thoughts back to the conversation at hand. "The gym. Haven't seen one of those in a while." He responded with an amused smile before distractedly rubbing the back of his neck. "Maybe you should start to follow that advice. Wouldn't want you pulling any more muscles."

guy.jpeg
Adriel

She took his ignorance in stride, which he was grateful for, though it didn't make him feel less like a jerk. Carefully, he let her arm go. "Sometimes ignorance isn't bliss," He said with a smile. "You aren't dying?" He chuckled dryly and quickly followed with. "Kidding, totally kidding. I'm so sorry, that was a stupid joke. Not even funny." Now he felt like an idiot. Mentally kicking himself for his lame attempt at trying to make her laugh. He didn't know how sensitive she was and the last thing he wanted to do was scare her away. How does one segue from such a stupid blunder? God, he wished his brain would work faster than his mouth. He looked down at his drink before lifting it to his mouth.

That wasn't even remotely funny, what were you thinking Adriel? The hot chocolate was warm as it went down, which was a much desired distraction. He was always talented at putting his foot in his mouth. Words came so much easier when they were written or typed. He usually wasn't this inept at conversing and even though he never classified himself as smooth, he wasn't this insensitive. Typically, he had a lot more tact.​

noah hughes
cafeteria| txlos txlos

Finishing his meal he chugged the last bit of water he had left and then placed his tray above the trash can. Grabbing napkin from the dispenser he wiped the corners of his mouth that had some cheeseburger grease on them. Checking his watch he had about ten minutes to get to his next class, which wasn't that far away so he'd be fine. Especially with his trusty companion, his skateboard by his side. Looping his fingers around the trucks he walked outside and threw his board down. Putting one foot on the ground he kept it at a stop and pulled his phone out from his back pocket.

To April (Tulip):
<< Ya, that's perfect! See you then :) >>

He hit send and then proceeded his way to class, thinking about what to pack for their special sailing picnic. Then the thought crossed his mind, what is this? A date? Hanging out? He didn't ponder on the thought too long as he made his way into the back of the class and sat down. Throwing on his white robe which protected him from the possible chemicals they'd be dealing with today he also threw on a pair of lab goggles. They made his eyes look big and silly, but thank god no one he really cared about was there. After this his plan was to hit the gym and then begin making a shopping list for tomorrow's picnic.

april shorden

The redhead couldn't help but feign a swoon as Emery said he would've dated her, bringing the back of her hand to her forehead and letting her eyes roll back before sitting back up straight with a chuckle as the blonde boy nicked her arm. Emery was too much of a brother for April to ever see him in any other way, but the thought was nice. Though it didn't even matter as the boy piped up about something that had to do with a mystery man in Marlin's Cafe.

"EMERY NOLAN!" She screeched, smacking his knee with a dropped jaw. It was always exciting when Emery was into someone, just because of how special the young man was. April was a firm believer that he deserved the best, and nothing but the best, which often led to her squeezing every last detail out of her friend. He was the closest she had ever gotten to a brother after all, and that meant the whole sibling-protection-clause thing was in full force. "You have to tell me everything," Blue eyes were still wide as April scooted her rolling chair closer to Emery, munching on the last of her lemon loaf and brushing her hands together to let the crumbs fall onto the floor. "Is he tall? Fit? Did he look like a jock, or more of a business guy? Was he wearing any jewelry? You can tell a lot about a guy by how much jewelry he wears," The list of questions dragged on, and probably would until the blonde worked up the energy to stop her.

Eliruz Eliruz

Kim Shaw
Lizy Lizy

Kim grinned and nodded "Thanks!" She said enthusiastically and followed the girl to the table, digging in to her smoothie and enjoying the rest after her workout.`The girl, whom she'd just found out was called Alyssa was puite pretty, in Kim's opinion. But then again, the amount of beautiful people in this collage was quite overwhelming. Kim felt a little out of place with her dull hair and her big nose. After a few minutes of typing, Alyssa put down her laptop and addressed her instead

"I'm majoring in Exercise and sports Science." She said "It's kicking my ass a little, I've never been overly theory-minded in my studies, I prefer practical work for sure" She told her then returned the question "How about you?" She asked "You looked hard at work just now, assignments already rolling in I see?" She laughed and sipped her drink again "Mmm" She said out loud as she did so, enjoying the relaxed setting and the juice.​

db897ead3c0fac59e96b68bfb2964c2b--fat-fashion-fashion-beauty.jpg

Leo Mayfair
Mentioned: txlos txlos and Eliruz Eliruz
The render was taking longer than usual. Maybe the computer needed a restart, but he wasn't about to lose all the progress for nothing, so He instead opted to head into the hallway to find the vending machine. He bought himself a quick snack and a drink and sat on his phone, browsing facebook and feeling a little overwhelmed. He felt so far from home, he still had no friends even though he'd been here ages, and he just felt... wrong. He didn't miss his town but he sure missed his parents, and he worried about them constantly, stuck in that place. He must have looked pretty glum when he walked back into the lab again because he got a look from a stranger.

Leo headed back to his computer. There were a few people in here now. He couldn't help but overhear a bit of their conversation, particularly the boy talking about how he could never find a man. It shocked him a little, how openly you could talk about something like that here. He hoped the boy hadn't caught him staring, but Leo though he was quite.., attractive. He suddenly felt flustered, quicly looking back at his screen. The file finished rendering, finally. He wanted to play it back but... he didn't want to do it when there were so many people around.

Oh grow some balls, Leo

He had worked hard on this piece, people were meant to see it, afterall. The film was abstract, it had no actors and it was entirely edited together from footage from back home in Australlia. There were some breathtaking places where he used to live, he had some brilliant footage to edit together. He remembered spending almost a year filming the town in such a way that it seemed as though it were abandoned. He didn't want anything but nature in his shot.

Last edited:

Keenan Jones

Keenan found Jude staring at his bicep; he couldn't deny, his muscles were pretty taut and toned. He wasn't vain or anything along those lines, but he wasn't going to say he didn't realize he was pretty fit. With a chuckle and shimmer of amusement in his eyes, Keenan set his bag down, hand reaching for his own coffee. Jude seemed to have more experience in the department of keeping to himself, than socializing with many people; he just seemed like the type to never get out much; maybe Keenan could change that. Lifting a free hand to his stubble, he rubbed his jaw and gazed at Jude, a charming smile on his lips.

"Yeah, I guess you're right; I'll have to schedule one group per gym visit," he agreed before getting an idea. Quickly fishing out his phone and opening it, he slid it across the table to Jude. "Could I get your number? Maybe sometime, we could get together and go to the gym, maybe go out for a bite to eat afterwards?" The male suggested, his smile turning into a cheeky grin; Keenan wasn't really the one to ask for numbers this quick, but it seemed like the right time to do it. They could get to know eachother further by hanging out more, which Keenan liked the idea of.

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris ), Rose (@TheAmazingSoph), Carter ( Energie Energie )

The female's nose scrunched cutely as Adriel made the same joke, as many made in the past and she could only roll her eyes playfully and swat at his broad shoulder. She tried desperately to hold her laugh back, but she ended up giving in and a dorky laugh left her lips, a snort or two escaping along with her laughs. Her eyes began to water a bit, but soon her laughter was contained, a struggled breath leaving her lips. "Whew, you're fine; wait, I can't believe I just snorted!" Cypris squeaked, her grip on the scone and her drink tightening a bit.

Biting her lip and looking up at Adriel, she swallowed quietly and motioned towards the table, where she found Rose, Carter's sister sitting next to him. They got along just fine, thought they did have their small spats and curfuffles with eachother. Leading Adriel back to the table, she took the seat next to Carter and Adriel, a smile on her lips.

"Here's your scone, ass hat. Oh! Hey Rose!" Cypris greeted happily, her cheeks flushing a bit. "How're you doing today?"

Emery Nolan
Interactions: Jude ( Sook Sook ), April ( txlos txlos )

Emery laughed as April, feigned a swoon and dramatically leaned back, rolling her eyes back with shut lids. He rolled his own eyes, but was caught off guard when he found a blonde man staring at him, Emery's face beginning to redden. The male quickly dropped his gaze to his hand and swallowed thickly, suddenly hearing April screech his name. He let out a cute squeak and jumped back in his chair, nearly knocking himself over as she swatted at his knee. "A-April!" He groaned as she began gushing, wanting every single detail; shivering lightly, he glanced back at the male apologetically before looking at April with wide eyes.

"I only saw him for like two seconds! U-Um, he was really tall, no jewelry from what I saw. H-He seemed more high class than anything, wore glasses, but I-I-I don't think I could talk to him. I get all awkward and um.."
Emery began breathing a bit quick, and his face was burning a bright red that contrasted brightly with his nearly white hair. "I shouldn't of brought it up; it's n-not important!"

d06430a528e7c59998b69e52760128ac--hayden-christensen-beautiful-men.jpg

Carter Kingsley

It was that subtle breath that was taken that gave the speaker away without Carter even having to look up. The kind of breath that could either suck all the air out of room or the one that no doubt preceded a level of confidence that even he had trouble matching being 'the big brother.' He simply leaned back in his chair so that he matched eye contact with his sister. "You actually caught me in the middle of something." He stated lightly with a subtle smirk marking his lips. He gestured to the books and journals spread out before him -- a very believable display of scholarship if the things had actually been his.

"But, sit. Sit. I suppose I could entertain you for a second." He pushed one of the seats out waving his hand in a far too slow, far too graceful gesture. A university campus was only so big. You were bound to run into someone you knew given you spent enough time outside your dorm room to allow the inevitable to take its course. They'd only managed to allow that to happen a few times, Carter typically finding a way to feign exhaustion of his sister's strong energy and opinions . It's almost as if the more passionate Rose was about something, the less Carter ever wanted to hear about. Interactions were best kept to texting. Or at events with an open bar.

"Boring my ass. You don't have to have some memoir-worthy story to snag my attention. Just shower, brush your teeth and tell me I'm pretty." He said flatly, knowing that his standards weren't actually at that level -- but he wasn't one to date much either. He glanced up as Cypris and her boy toy as they rejoined them. "Rose. Cypris & Adr..." Carter's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he racked his brain -- more prone to nicknames than anything else. "Adrian." He stated proudly as the name came to him. "Both interviewing to be my assistant. You know me... Busy. Busy." He chuckled a little absently before placing up a hand to block his mouth from Adriel and Cypris. "Though, my money is on the boy toy. The blonde's a little.. ya know..." Carter's hand did little in terms of privacy because he spoke loud enough for the table to hear.

Mentions: Rose ( Soap Soap ); Cypris ( Eliruz Eliruz ); Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Last edited:

Jude Beaumont - Cafe

Jude was surprised when he watched Keenan slide his phone across the table and in Jude's direction, the contact's app opened. Though he did prefer to be by himself most of the time, Jude was a generally out-going person when he wanted to be. He made friends easily and always had, but he found himself to be flustered around Keenan. He had come to the conclusion it was because Keenan was excessively attractive and he had a good personality to go along with it. From Jude's experience, those two things never seem to go hand-in-hand.

"Sure thing," he responded coolly. He didn't want to look the fool in front of Keenan. He picked up Keenan's phone and tapped his number into it, under his name and with a coffee emoji. He slid it back across the table to Keenan with a smile before unlocking his own phone. He went to the contacts page and passed his phone across to Keenan to they could properly exchange numbers. "Gym and a bite to eat. I can't lie, the latter sounds the most ideal. But you'll have to show me the ropes when it comes to the gym," Jude chuckled. "I'll be a little rusty."

Bradley-James-Young-and-Beautiful-bjsrealm-40722168-245-193.gif

~ Theodore ~
Interacting: Eliruz Eliruz (Cypris)

Theo poured over his short story once more. It didn't have an ending yet, and he was just completely stuck on one. He kind of wished he'd taken creative writing as a minor instead of business admin, because of how much more exciting the subject was. Well truthfully it wasn't hard to beat Business Administration in fun points. He had spent the entirety of yesterday reading and doing a short assignment on filing tax returns and after that he had just about had enough. The clubs he had joined were definitely keeping him sane at least, he might even join another.

Theo read the paragraph again and again, fingers hovering over the keys but never touching them. His face was frustrated and he kept fidgeting, or glancing at his phone distractedly. Maybe he should text his muse. Truthfully this girl was the reason he'd chosen writing as his first club anyway. He'd never had such an instant crush on someone. But she was talented and always seemed to help him out when he was stuck with something.

TO: Cypris
Hey Cy! Are you free at all today? I'm sooooo stuck on the short story for the Writing Club, was wondering if you had anytime to brainstorm :)

After he'd hit send, he tried his best not to check his phone every two seconds for a text but failed miserably and ended up just browsing facebook as a break. He'd never really been great with the ladys. He was chill and easy to get along with, so he'd always had a lot of friends, but females always wanted to be just that... friends. He had no idea what he was doing in the romance department and, he guessed it must show.​

guy.jpeg
Adriel
Adriel smiled when Cypris started to laugh. Her snort caused him to snicker. "That was cute," he said before following her back to his table. Carter was with a girl, one he'd never seen before, but that wasn't surprising given the size of the campus. Carter pointed to the blonde, Rose. He'd have to work on remembering that. He saw some familial resemblance, but hated to assume. The last time he assumed two people were siblings they were quite offended before stating they were married and expecting. He'd burned those bridges and learned his lesson.

Adrian. He wasn't surprised Carter didn't remember. Stepping closer to the table, he chuckled before saying, "Adriel. Pleasure to meet you, Rose." He leaned over the table and pushed the laptop closed before taking his seat beside Cypris. The hot chocolate in his hand had cooled quite a bit but it was still drinkable. Assistant? Carter was a strange guy. Adriel looked over at Carter. "What's the pay?" He asked chuckling lightly.

Roicin Mc'Cain
Interactions: Open
Mentions: Theo ( Sook Sook )

The first day on campus was always the most fun! Or atleast, that's what they advertise on tv in Ireland. Roi could just hear the tv in her head. "Are you wanting an education? Well, college is what you want! There are so many majors, and clubs! The first day is always the best, and you make new friends to aide you in your mission for your degree!" She found that out to be a bunch of bull crap; someone nearly ran her over when she crossed the street and on top of that, her family wouldn't stop sending her messages! The fiery redhead gave a groan of frustration and opened the door to the library; today was just not her day, but atleast she could write out all of her frustrations for a new club she signed up for. Her brown hues surveyed the room for any open seats, which she found one near a table with a blonde male.

Thankful that there was still seating, she quickly made her way over, the 5' 2" female scurrying to the chosen seat. Her long red mane hung down her back as she quickly set her things down, grabbed her laptop and opened it to her previous word document. She'd been working on a story for awhile now, with a spin to it; it was a murder mystery. With her idea tab open, she began typing and pretty much let her creativity flow, a bright smile lighting her lips.

Keenan Jones

Keenan watched as Jude took his phone and typed in his information, a feeling of nervousness reigning over the male; what if he was being too over-confident or not confident enough? In all reality, through the rugged looks, fit body, and great personality, he was just as insecure as the next person and didn't know when and when not to have confidence or even when to ask for people's numbers. When Jude slid not only Keenan's phone back, but also his to get Keenan's number, he broke out a smile and quickly grabbed Jude's phone to put in his own number and name. After typing in his name, he added a little smiley face and handed it back to him with a chuckle.

"I can show you everything you need to know, depending on what you're wanting to do; build muscle, toning, or just to stay healthy."

Cypris Grace Phillips
Interactions: Carter ( Energie Energie ), Rose ( Soap Soap ), Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris ), Theo ( Sook Sook )

Cypris furrowed her brow towards Carter's comment, and she gasped, feigning hurt. "I am obviously the better choice here; I've known you since we were like, 4!" Turning her gaze towards Adriel as she protested, she gave him a playful but gentle swat on his shoulder. She lifted her fist playfully and was about to speak, but her phone dinged with a message tone. Blinking for a moment, she fished out her cell and found a text from Theo. She felt an inner conflict hit her; she didn't want to leave Carter, Rose, and Adriel alone but she also didn't want to leave Theo hanging. Groaning in frustration, she face palmed before typing back.

To Theo:
Hey Theo! I'm at the cafe with some friends; gimme like 10? I'll see if I can't swing by and help! Is it that short story that's getting to you again?? :X

Turning off her screen and setting her phone down, she ran a hand through her blonde locks. "My Writing Partner needs some help with writing a story; I swear, these past few short stories have been stumping him lately." Cypris grumbled, her eyes glancing down periodically to spot any sign of a message back.

guy.jpeg
Adriel
"Better choice? You know, working closely with a friend is actually a bad idea," Adriel said with a smile as Cypris hit his shoulder. "It's like they say about rooming with a friend. It never ends well." It was interesting how close Cypris and Carter were because of how polar opposite they seemed to be. Rose, she hadn't said much, but she seemed to be an interesting individual as well. "Leaving so soon?" He nodded. "Yeah, I get that. Stories can be quite elusive." He chuckled softly. He brown eyes rested on the laptop in front of him. He still had to finish they essay for tomorrow.

Stirring the cup in his hand he took a sip. The gritty hot chocolate powder clung to his tongue. He grunted before placing the cup on the table. It was no longer drinkable. He wasn't sure how he felt about being left with Carter and Rose. He may have recently met Cypris, but he felt comfortable with her. The other two he didn't know well enough to form an accurate opinion. They seemed nice enough and if they were friends with Cypris, how bad could they be?

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

Eoin groaned before shoving his phone in his pocket. The constant nagging and questions from his parents were driving him crazy. No, he hadn't see Roi today and he didn't know why she wasn't responding to their messages. The semester was only a few weeks in and he didn't know if he loved it yet. His pocket vibrated again. This was the only time he wanted to chuck his phone across the room. Shoving his hand back in his pocket he pulled out his phone and turned it off. When the screen turned black he sighed.

He glanced up at the black backpack that sat crumpled in the corner. He specifically purchased it for college, but it failed him the second week in when one of the shoulder straps snapped. He'd tossed it in the corner, but hadn't found the time to buy another. He frowned before picking the bag up and shoving his laptop and notepads into it. Slinging the backpack over his shoulder he headed out of his room and down the hall, toward his Child Development class.

Last edited:

52797126_390796108346534_9164715499431603321_n.jpg

waverly williams

Waverly had finished her coffee around the same time she finished reading her chapter. She put her textbook and highlighter down on the table and took a short break to actually eat the muffin she purchased earlier. She peeled back the wrapper and started pulling off pieces of the muffin and popping them into her mouth as she looked over her planner. She only had a short assignment to type up before she was done with her homework for the day. She preferred to get her work done early so she could spend time on the beach before it got too cold. She put her textbook back in her bag before getting up to buy a smoothie. She only allowed herself one coffee because any more makes her a bit nauseous.

She ordered and paid before waiting patiently for her smoothie to be made. Once she had it in hand, she went to walk back to her table. As she was walking back, she passed Jude. She gave him a wave and a smile as she walked past. Since they were both studying French, they've had a couple of classes together, so Waverly would feel rude if she didn't acknowledge him. Although they didn't know each other well, she thought he was nice so she didn't want to be rude. She sat back down and pulled out her laptop and began typing up her assignment for her class.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back