• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here
10c5b01bd697bf648fbb4113c8ea0ec5--asos-student-gypsy-fashion.jpg

W a n d a
Kipsy Kipsy

For once in, probably her whole life, Wanda was speechless. She'd seen girl after girl come though that door today but for once no funny remarks or silly greetings came out. She could feel her chest begin to tighten and her eyes become itchy. Her face became hot and she felt like she could burst into tears, she wasn't even sure if they were happy of sad because she had mourned the loss of this friendship for the last three years and still it bothered her. They way it had ended was just so... wrong. It had crushed her. Because all she had thought about was herself, and her own fantasy of her life together with her. What Mia would have wanted was a home to live in that was not with her awful mother and boyfriend, and a familiar sight everyday where she could be happy. Her own little game studio that they could furnish together over the years. A life she could paint herself, with her own creative mind. Wanda wanted to see the world, to experience it in person without an itinerary or any idea where she would sleep night to night. She wanted fun, adrenaline, even hardship and learning experiences. Perhaps, if she hadn't let it crush her so uch, perhaps if she had stayed, got Mia that house, and then compromised on a trip to her hometown or a vacation somewhere new, she wouldn't have hurt her so much that she couldn't stand to keep in contact.

But Wanda had left the next day, with naught more than a text.

So why now was she getting second chance? The girl looked just how Wanda had always known her. Shy, looking down at her feet. What had Wanda done to help her? Wanda was a selfish person, always thinking ahead, but never with others in mind. Somewhere between when the myriad of self-hatred had begun in her head and Mia had entered the room, she had let a tear slip down her cheek, which she promptly wiped and hid behind a smile "In the flesh!" She replied, forcing her legs to move she got out of her chair and crossed the room and threw her arms around Mia's shoulders. "Mia, I can't believe it's you" She spoke into her shoulder, tears still welling in her eyes "I'm sorry I left you behind, I-" She pulled back so she could see her friends face. "I, god, I missed you so much." She told her "I- crap..." She wanted so badly to cry, she could feel the guilt that had been eating at her all rush out, but she held it back, because she was at work

"Well, t-take a seat" She stuttered, heading back behind the desk, "I, guess this interview might be a little biased..." She laughed "What are you doing out here? How have you been? Is everything alright?" The questions were a little fast but there was so much to catch up on and she was a little overwhelmed.​

DX5LFtfXUAEVEC8.jpg

S u n n y
Alvaris Alvaris

She grinned and nodded "Yes I think it is right," She said following his finger on the map and then looking back up at him. He then suggested that they exchanged numbers, which she took a seccond to understand but the relisation at what he meant became obvious when he held up his phone and gestured to it. She nodded and took his phone briefly filling out her details.

Sunny Yoon
(619)863-5629

She gave it back to him with a nod "Text me, I will save your" She said as best she could, a little frustrated that she couldn't quite make it sound right, but pretty happy she'd made a new friend. She would have to try to text him after class not during, although she would admit that she was waiting for his text expectantly. She rushed of to class and made it by the skin of her teeth.​

time skip >>>

april shorden

Classes for the remainder of the day flew by with Emery at her side, the two heading back to her one bedroom apartment to study for a Ballet History exam. Though not much studying was actually done since they ended up talking about boys once again. April couldn't stop gushing about Noah to her blonde friend while they attempted to care about the romantic era of pointe, her blue eyes drifting from her phone to her textbook throughout the night.

The next morning, both dancers rushed to pull on leotards and sweatpants thanks to a faulty alarm. April quickly pulled her long ginger hair into a tight ponytail, stuffing a change of clothes into her dance bag before pulling Emery into her car and half-way speeding off to the studio. The class was gruesome to say the least, the petite girl's shoulders aching in pain due to the conditioning they were going through. Her feet and ankles were bruised beyond belief, her legs partly shaking as she walked herself out of the humid dance class and into the all-gender dressing room. The smell of vanilla and hairspray seemed to waft into the room that April hurried into, pulling on semi-loose high-waisted jeans with holes frayed down the front, a white crop top and yellow slip-on vans. It was comfy above all, and suitable for the warm whether that Virginia Beach was experiencing. Blue eyes glanced into one of the massive mirrors as she adjusted her hair, popping some chapstick onto her lips before turning back to Emery.

"C'mon hot stuffs, club fair is today and I think dance club wants us to at least say hi," The ginger girl sighed, shouldering her dance bag up and looping her arm through Emery's. The two swiftly made their way to the quad where table after table was set out, multicolored posters everywhere and excited students waiting with signup sheets. Though club fair wasn't the only thing on April's mind. It's not like she could join anymore with her rigorous schedule anyway. No, there were more important things today. Smiling wide, April dug around in her jeans pocket, pulling out her cellphone and opening her messages. Maybe it was too forward, but maybe it wasn't. Besides, she was just double checking.

To: Noah

< Hey stranger. Still on for 6pm at the docks? >

Satisfied, she shoved the device back into her pocket and gave Emery's arm a small squeeze before releasing it. "Thinking of joining anything in your copious amounts of free time?" Her words laced with sarcasm, for she knew that Emery's schedule was even more grueling than hers this year. The male dancers always seemed to have more conditioning and weight training classes than the women, which on one hand sucked, but on the other was great for their lifting abilities.

Eliruz Eliruz Chappezi Chappezi

Last edited:
Melissa

Mood: Overwhelmed | Interacting with: Wanda | Mentions: Sook Sook

A breath hitched in Melissa's throat. She was about to start sobbing real, ugly tears. Quickly, she ducked her face to the side, covering it with her hands. She wasn't strong enough to keep her emotions off to the side. Alas, everything came back as if a dam of memories was broken down. Wanda was here. That was right. Wanda, who had left her in favor of exploring the world on her own, was actually here. In front of her. Had just given her a hug. Was asking for forgiveness for leaving her behind.

In truth, Melissa thought she ought to be mad. She wasn't. Tears were streaming down her dark circles and rosy cheeks. Maybe it was all her fault they'd split apart. Maybe it was because she was too fragmented for anyone, even the vigorous Wanda, to try and piece back together. She didn't blame her if that was the case, and it probably was, what with her luck.

Sniffling, Melissa wiped at her face with the cuff of her sweater. "I missed you too," she said hoarsely, only to choke and start crying all over again. How long had she bottled up her feelings for? Since the day Wanda had left she'd kept everything locked up tight. But the seal was torn off now, everything flooding out. It was overwhelming. For a moment, she couldn't breathe. Just as suddenly, though, she took in a sharp, unsteady breath and lowered her hands. This was supposed to be a formal interview, for god's sake, and here she was, bawling her eyes out. Get a grip.

Melissa sat down, her fingers curled up into fists upon her lap. Wanda's remark managed to get a weak chuckle out of her, but little more than that. The onslaught of questions visibly startled her, and for a moment it looked as though she might tear up once more, but she managed to keep her cool, for whatever it was worth at this point. "Mom's boyfriend moved. We moved with him. Everything's okay, I guess... I'm just as big of a mess as I always was." Talking with Wanda was still was easier than trying to speak with pretty much every other person on this planet, her mother included. Melissa wasn't sure what to think about that. "H-how about you?" she asked, clearly not interested in talking about herself. Nothing new there.
code by Ri.a

52797126_390796108346534_9164715499431603321_n.jpg

waverly williams

Waverly went through her classes for the day, taking the vocabulary quiz that she was studying for the day before. She felt confident that she did well, putting her in a good mood for the rest of the day. She breezed through her other lectures and decided to check out the club fair. She hadn't been a part of any clubs yet, wanting to make sure she could focus on her classes before adding anything on top of it.

She wandered around the club fair looking at all the options. Specifically, she wanted to definitely join French Club since that was one of her majors. It would be a good way to practice speaking in a more relaxed setting than in class. It would also be a good way to make friends. She knew a lot of the French majors, but wasn't particularly close with any of them. She spotted the table and walked over.​

I575555

Alyssa Anderson

Alyssa smiled as Kim gave her her phone to put her contact into. She was glad that the girl was enthusiastic about hanging out sometime. Although she had to admit, she was a little confused when she said that it was a "date." Probably just being friendly. Alyssa didn't want to risk getting caught up in a romance that the the other person wasn't interested in. She punched her number into the phone and then her name. This was the most friendly interaction she'd had in a while, most of her actions were in class and study groups which she was always serious in. She listened as Kim talked about her living situation.

"Really? I've always been an only child so I'm used to it," Alyssa replied, "I'm supposed to have a roommate, but they haven't assigned me one yet. I live in the dorms. I guess most people have friends that they've already sorted out rooming with." Last year she had a roommate but they weren't around much. They were always out late or staying with friends, and when they were at the dorm they were very annoying so Alyssa avoided them. "But yeah, I'll try and come over sometime. That would be really fun. Maybe we could do dinner, I make a mean garlic bread," she grinned. Italian cuisine, meaning pasta and garlic bread, was one of the few things she could make without almost setting something on fire.

Sook Sook

55776556_124205568741020_6213017758952642167_n.jpg
W a n d a H a l l
Kipsy Kipsy

Wanda was having a hard time keeping her composure. Internalizing this guilt hadn't been easy. But she had felt helpless to find Mia again. She couldn't believe Mia wasn't angry. She expected she would leave, but she didn't she instead sat down, and began talking to her. Wanda wanted to tell her that she deserved better, and that she should probably leave but... well she really didn't want her too. "Oh Mia, you aren't a mess!" She laughed "Your a warrior, leading a team of players to victory, you think that doesn't give you leadership qualities?" She laughed again "Hey remember when I tried to play in the last expansion and you had to explain the fight like 6 times to me before I figured out how to do the mechanics?" She leaned back in her chair remembering

"Oh, yes, me" She said, after hearing the question posed back at her "Well, I haven't talked to my uncle in a while, I think he's not to fond of me, so I'm living in the Dorms and attending the university here... Got myself a student loan bill the size of mars but-" She chucked "Everyone here seems to." There was a moment of silence between them as Wanda tried to think what to say "I..." She leaned in "Look if you still want to work here, considering, I'll do my best to get you the job" She said it in a whisper because if anyone heard her say that she'd be dead "It's up to you, I wouldn't blame you if you'd rather not... deal with me." She pulled out her phone quickly and passed it across the desk "I... I think I lost your number." Wanda's voice cracked a little as she said it "Again, it's... It's up to you. But, I'll never lose it again."

Hotaru
E9D2B4DA-799A-4E97-8986-7FAA7B22D273.jpeg

Hotaru took a deep breath, clutching a notebook to her chest. Her black hair was loose, with two front pieces clipped behind her head by a small whit clip. Her lips were pulled in, as she was biting the bottom one nervously. She hadn’t put on makeup today, so she had a few blemished visible, but other than that she was alright. The notebook was for writing down interactions and simple things she found interesting.

A blue pen sat in the back pocket of her jeans, and her flats were small against the concrete. She was looking at the fair, the club fair that she wanted to go to, and almost wasn’t able to because of unpacking. She was ridiculously nervous. She didn’t want to come off as a know it all, but at the same time she wanted to show that she knew what she was doing. She wanted to prove that she could socialize well, but also was panicking about saying the wrong thing.

Hotaru took a deep breath, before walking into the fray, trying to keep her head down while still looking around. Maybe she could find someone to socialize with. When she spied a writing club, she hesitently made her way over to the table, and stood in front of the desk. A writing club would be fun, and make her parents happy. Win win. Just as she was about to come to a stop, a student rushed in front of her and she fell backwards, on her butt. She groaned a little, and reached over for her note book.

“Gee, Hotaru.... GREAT first impression...” She muttered to herself, in her sort of thick Japanese accent. She just got here and already was making a fool of herself. Yay.

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones

The first few weeks of the autumn semester of her final year of undergraduate had already gone by so quickly for Kinley. She already had multiple research papers due and had already begun the first proper draft of her senior thesis: Bioethics and Modern Medicine. Kinley rolled her eyes at the title, figuring her topic was going to be one of the most common senior theses her professors were going to read this year. She was surprised it was accepted, and thankful for the fact that she didn't have to scrap her summer's hard work and research. So, to the library it was, because she knew her roommates -- or her needy cat -- would distract her if she worked at their flat.
Entering the library, Kinley immediately made a beeline for one of the upper floors specifically designated for computer use. She pulled up a seat, took out her laptop, and opening up her current word documents -- one filled with pages upon pages of research notes, links, sources, the whole nine yards, and another filled with... the title of her thesis. Oh, and her name. Kinley groaned and rested her head on her arms for a few moments, trying to figure out how in the world she was going to get a 50-page senior thesis completely finished by the end of the year.
Regardless, Kinley lifted her head with a quiet sigh and got to work, writing with reckless abandon just to get her thoughts out in something more cohesive than bullet points. After a few minutes of this -- which felt like hours to her -- Kinley got up, grabbed her water bottle from her backpack, and headed to the nearest water fountain for a well-deserved hydration break.

K i m
Lizy Lizy

“Hah, an only child, I bet you had so much peace and quiet!” She said as she polished off the last of the drink. When Alyssa was done she took her phone back and quickly sent her a text so that she could add her in as well

TO: Alyssa
Thanks!
From Kim x

“Strange, I’m still waiting too” She said “I wonder why they didn’t just assign us together” She said furrowing her brow almost as if she were disappointed. She wanted a roommate pretty bad, she wasn’t lying, the weird eerie ness of living alone was really getting to her.

Her face lit up when Alyssa mentioned garlic bread “That sounds like a good plan! We can make our own pizza too!” She said excitedly “Great! Well I will call you later and we’ll work out the time” She said happily. Kim looked down at her phone “I got a lecture soonish, so I’d better head off” she begun but then had a thought “Oh right! When is your water polo team meeting up next maybe I could join you for a practice?”​

River Lennox
Mentions: Orion
Interactions: Orion, Open
Outfit: x

River pushed into the cafe, immediately regretting her decision to get coffee for Orion and herself that morning. The place was packed, crowded with more students than she had expected that early in the morning. Immediately, alarms went off in her mind as her anxiety made itself known. River took her phone from her back pocket, about to text Orion and tell him coffee would have to wait. But she already had a headache that morning from lack of caffeine. That, combined with the fact that she was about to be in an enclosed space with many more people at the Club Fair forced River to face her anxieties and get in the line in front of the register. While waiting, she took a moment to glanced around the cafe. Almost all the seats were full with students, some studying and others looking to stressed to even focus on flashcards at that moment.

River gripped one strap of the guitar case on her back, tugging it absentmindedly. It was the beginning of her junior year and, so far, classes were going okay. Maybe it was because she was really into zoology, like so much so that she watched David Attenborough nature documentaries for fun in her free time. And maybe it was because she was somehow insanely good at remembering details. Either way, River didn't think she was having as rough a time in her classes as some of the over-stressed students in the cafe seemed to be. Pulling her away from her thoughts, River realized it was her turn to order. "A medium black coffee and a medium cappuccino please," she said, swiping her card through the machine to pay. Finding a small space next to the pick-up counter out of the way, River waited for their drinks with slowly increasing anxiety.

By the time her name was called, it felt as though her skin was crawling. River silently grabbed the two cups and left the cafe without another word. The fresh Virginia air outside was enough to send her anxiety back into remission. River smiled softly and took off down the path towards the quad. It wasn't long before she reached the area full of tables and colorful posters, all advertising the variety of clubs Atlantic University had to off. River wasn't quite sure why she had agreed to help Orion cover the first shift of the Photography Club table, an organization she wasn't even a part of. It might've been his promise of buying her lunch afterwards. River wasn't one to turn down a good meal.

River slipped through the crowd of people, carefully not to spill the coffee she had just purchased. Finally reaching a table covered with photography prints, cameras, film, and a bright poster labeled "Photography Club," River found the dark-haired guy she had met at an open mic night freshman year who quickly became her first college friend. "One cappuccino for Orion," she said with a grin, handing the coffee over to him. Taking a sip of her own coffee, River sat it on the table before plopping down in one of the folding chairs behind the table. She sat her guitar case on the ground and pulled out the turquoise blue acoustic guitar. River softly strummed a few chords, glancing at Orion. "Any takers so far?"

codedbycrucialstar

Orion Michelakis
Mentions: River
Interactions: River, Open

"Just a little bit longer," Orion murmured to himself, tilting the tray pack and forth to let the liquid slide across the surface of the print. An eerie red hue filled the room with just enough light so that Orion could see what he was doing, but not to much as to ruin the photographs. The photography student had arrived to campus early in hopes of being the first one into the dark room for the day. After spending the entire previous week working on shots for his term project, Orion was eager to see what he had to work with. The results would either inspire him to keep going with his current idea or push him into another direction. Either way, more work would have to be done. Orion gently pulled the print from the tray of liquid, carefully hanging it to dry among the others he had already exposed and fixed. Glancing around the room at the rows of drying prints, Orion grinned, hopeful that at least some of the prints would turn out well.

Pulling him from his daze, Orion's phone began to ring in his pocket. He jumped, realizing that up until that point, the room had been entirely silent. Glancing at his phone, Orion realized he needed to head out to the Club Fair. He wasn't really sure why he had agreed to cover the first shift for the Photography Club. It got him out of being around the Greek Club or Gymnastics Team booths, so at least there was that. Slipping through the door into the secondary room before the actual classroom, Orion had to pause a moment at the sudden brightness that assaulted his senses. He blinked rapidly to allow his eyes to adjust to the light, but it still hurt just a bit. Such was the struggle of being a photography major who developed his own film in a dark room.

With a few minutes left to make it to the quad, Orion grabbed his navy blue backpack from the counter at the front of the class along with a portfolio of prints and a box of equipment the club had decided to display at the Club Fair. The idea was to entice other students, whether they were photography majors or not, to join the club. A new batch always joined at the beginning of the fall semester, and dwindled in active members through the spring. But the ones that stuck around were usually the most passionate about photography, and Orion was at least a bit happy about that. When he finally reached the Club Fair and found the table designated for the Photography Club, Orion began to artistically set up the prints and supplies. The cameras were older models the department no longer used, and the prints were duplicates of the current members' best works. Satisfied with his work, Orion determined it was the least appealing table at the fair. So at least there was that.

"One cappuccino for Orion," the brunette heard, turning to see his friend River holding out a cup to him. "Thanks," Orion murmured, taking the cup and sipping the bittersweet drink. It burned his tongue slightly. But he was too in need of caffeine to really care at that moment. "Hope the cafe wasn't too terrible this morning," he said, setting the cup down alongside hers on the table. Orion could tell by the look on her face that it was, but didn't say anything more on the matter. He turned and leaned against the table, facing the rest of the fair and nodding at a few people who passed by. No one had stopped to sign up just yet, but the day was still young. "No takers just yet," Orion responded to his friend before shooting her a wink and a grin over his shoulder, "But I haven't given up hope." With the soft sounds of River's guitar in the background, Orion scrolled through Instagram on his phone as he waited.

codedbycrucialstar

tumblr_o85u94wnxq1v8r0kko1_250.gif

Rose Kingsley

Interactions: Orion ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Mentions: River ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat )

Rose had spent the most of the day on the phone with her mother, whether or not she actually wanted her visit next week or if it was just another show for the cameras. She didn't really care. Rose just wasn't interested in going back home, although that didn't mean she'd came to a decision just yet... even if it seems like she already did.

The blonde walked along the booths with her hands in her pockets, glancing at some here and there. Furrowing her brows at book club, thanks? But no thanks. Her gaze fell upon something she was much more interested in, and she was almost positive anyone could've saw the gleam in her eye at the sight of it.

However, that gleam faded almost instantly when she approached, cocking her head to one side as she stared at the boy on the phone. Rose reached into her bag and pulled out a polaroid. Quickly snapping a photo of him and the girl near. A perfect candid, eying the boy curiously, she raised a brow towards him. "So, if you don't mind me asking." Not that she cared if he minded or not, Rose hardly cared what anyone thought about her.

Not that she wouldn't stand up for herself if the opportunity arose. She was headstrong and argumentative when it came down to certain things, but that didn't mean she truly relied on what they thought of her at the end of the day. "What are you doing?" A small teasing smirk played on her lips and she glanced to the girl to the side. Taking the photo as it came out of the polaroid.

"I mean, this is your booth. No?" She gestured to the people passing by without another glance. "Get their attention. Like one of those pizza guys with the arrows." Rose chuckled softly at her own joke and shrugged, eying him expectantly as she shook the photo from side to side softly, awaiting for it to appear.

"Well? Are you gonna get their attention or not?" She had no idea who he was, but that didn't mean she couldn't help him out... or possibly, maybe, get information about the club.

What? She believed there's never enough photos to go around.

M I N K Y O
nGGtnVn.gif

Interacting: no one | location: dorm -> library |
Min Kyo had been sleeping most of the day away, as he had no classes today and just overall felt quite lazy. The young male, unsurprisingly, had gotten quite a grip on his first semester in, besides the fact that he had yet made friends. He shrugged it off, not letting it get to him. He knew that eventually people will come around and try to interact with him, or at least he hoped. He opened his eyes slowly and glanced over at his clock on his nightstand. "Ah... I've slept so much..." He mumbles, a small pout formed on his already naturally pouty lips. "Hm.." He got out of his bed and gather a change of clothes, before heading towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. "Ugh... What should I do today?" He asked softly to himself.

After a brisk shower, he slides on some slippers and made his way over to the mirror, rubbing his head a bit. He looks at his reflection with a slight frown. "Ugh... I look dead." He mumbled. He then runs his fingers through his currently silverish colored hair, letting out a sigh. “Perhaps I’ll go to the library for a bit and grab some books to read…?” He suggested to himself before nodding. He quickly did a bit of skin care before putting together a rather lazy outfit, not expecting to interact with anyone for the time being. Light grey hoodie, black t-shirt, and dark grey sweatpants sounded good. He nodded again to himself before putting on his ensemble, before grabbing his key to his room and his bag. He slips on some white sneakers before heading off to the library.
code by pasta

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin
Sook Sook
Eoin nodded. "Seems to be that way." he glanced down the hallway before returning his gaze back to her. He waited a moment, watching her as he held his phone out. Maybe he'd misheard her and she wasn't interested. When she took the phone, he sighed, he didn't know people and was always looking forward to making friends. Wasn't that the 'college' experience? The one all those American university ads talked about? Building that community, one you'll have for life. So far, he'd learned that ads lie.

When she handed him the phone, he looked at the contact and smiled. "I'll," he started, but she was gone. He glanced behind him as she was dashed down the hall, toward her class. He chuckled before seeing her duck inside the room. He hoped she'd made it on time. He headed toward his dorm room before pressing the message button on his phone. He typed in her name before clicking the chat bubble. His fingers lingered above the keyboard.

Hey, Sunny, it's Eoin. I hope you made it to your class in time.

Sounds lame. He frowned before pressing send. College has certainly done a number on his game. Half the time he's too tired to socialize.

guy.jpeg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover

This was lame. He shoved his belongings into his backpack before heading toward the library. Somehow between the coffee shop yesterday and now, he'd lost his laptop charger. He managed to get his papers onto his flash drive before it died. The new cord wasn't supposed to arrive for a couple of days and he had to get this paper done.

He stepped into the library and headed to the computer floor. There were a few desktops available, which he was grateful for. He placed his backpack on the floor before shoving the flash drive in. He sat, pulled up the document, and moved his hands over the computer keys. Nothing, he had nothing. He leaned back in the seat, the last place he wanted to be was here. He'd spent yesterday on that stupid literature review, which typically didn't take him long to finish.

Groaning, he reached down and pulled out his water bottle from the side of his backpack. Empty. Of course it was empty. He stared at the few drops at the bottom of the see through bottle and shook his head. "You've failed me," he said quietly before standing and heading toward the fountain.

When he got there, a girl was filling up hers. If she was here, that meant she was probably in the same boat as him. "Taking a break?" He asked before lifting his bottle. "I haven't started and I already need one." He chuckled.

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones
Interactions: Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Whilst Kinley was busy filling up her water bottle at the fountain, she leaned against the wall. The sensor-activated bottle fillers these new water fountains had were pretty cool, and certainly filled up bottles way faster than the older models did. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind from any distractions and focus on working out what direction she was going to take with her thesis paper. Kinley was deep in thought, and didn't even notice when a dark-haired boy wandered up to her, carrying a water bottle of his own. It wasn't until he spoke that she was pulled out of her thoughts, and she quickly grabbed her near-overflowing water bottle from the fountain, capping it and taking a sip as she studied the boy in front of her. Why are you talking to me? she thought, folding her arms across her chest and resuming her previous position of leaning against the wall.
"Well, you'd best get to it, then." Kinley raised her eyebrows at the boy, watching him cautiously as she spoke. She briefly considered the boy, then stood up straighter before speaking once more, "What is it you're working on?"

Normally, Kinley would not continue a conversation further unless pressed, but procrastination causes a person to do some pretty strange things sometimes. Besides, maybe he could offer her some inspiration -- she hadn't seen him around before, but an outside opinion was always worth it. She took another sip from her water bottle and glanced over the boy's shoulder at the rest of the room, her aloof demeanour still showing through despite her best efforts.

M I N K Y O
qBYxBld.gif

Interacting: no one | location: library
mentions: MarsRover MarsRover , Alvaris Alvaris
Min Kyo turned around and went back into his dorm, grabbing his bag as well as his refillable water bottle. He let out a sigh before making his way down to the library. He glances around at a few people on his way there, before finally walking into the library minutes later. He sat down at an empty table and sat his bag down, fixing his hood a bit so he could hide is uncombed hair. “Should have brushed my hair before I left...” He mumbled to himself. He gets up and looks around, finding a few books to read for the time being. “This should be good enough…” He mumbles to himself once more before going back to his table, setting the books down.

After a bit, he glances at his water bottle and decides to go and fill it up. He gets up and grabs it before heading over to the nearest fountain. He notices a guy and girl chatting next to the water fountain and bit his lip nervously, going over and standing a bit away from them as he waits for his chance to fill up his water bottle.
code by pasta

guy.jpeg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover

Adriel tightened his grip on the water bottle. He hadn't expected such a straightforward remark from the girl. He smiled at her anyway and assumed she wasn't a freshman. "I have a lit theory paper due and a lit review to edit," he said. He managed to finish it last night, but had no energy left to edit it. "I'm gonna take a gander and say senioritis is hitting pretty hard." When he first heard the term he thought it was ridiculous, but he'd learned to accept the idea. He wasn't quite at that spot where he could use it, but double majoring was no easy task either.

"What about you?" He wasn't sure how to read her yet. At first she seemed completely irritated by his question, but something shifted, and she'd asked him a question. She seemed nice enough and he was curious about her. Most people hid their disdain for talking, but she hadn't and currently wasn't. It didn't take him long to realize that she wasn't looking at him. Sure, there were probably a lot more interesting things to look at than him, but he didn't think he was that much of an eyesore.​

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones
Interactions: Min Kyo ( peachyymi peachyymi ), Adriel ( Alvaris Alvaris )

As she was glancing around the room, studying the stressed out and bored faces of the rest of the students present, Kinley's eyes fell on a boy lingering close-by the water fountain, looking nervous but waiting patiently for her and the other boy to move out of the way. She sighed through her nose and moved a few paces away, grabbing the arm of the boy she was conversing with to pull him from where he was blocking access to the fountain, though immediately dropping his arm once she did. Kinley gave a very brief, polite smile at the silver-haired boy and nodded, before finally returning her attention to the first boy who had started replying to her question.
"Sounds... lit," Kinley said, eyeing him passively.
When he mentioned "senioritis", she groaned and rolled her grey eyes. "Fuckin' hell, tell me about it. You a senior, too?" Just judging from looks alone, Kinley couldn't gauge how old this boy was... He couldn't be much older or younger than her, could he? She'd hoped not. He was pretty cute, and looked like he'd be fun to play with.
Kinley took a sip from her water bottle as she considered his question, then gave a brief shrug, "I'm working on my thesis. MedSci and Bioethics. What's your major, then, pretty boy?" She knew if her roommates or her little brother were around, they would chide her for being so domineering to somebody she just met, and somebody who was clearly fairly friendly. But Kinley didn't care. That's just the kind of person she was, and she wasn't going to change just because it took some people by surprise.

guy.jpeg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover peachyymi peachyymi

Adriel stumbled as she pulled him out of the way. He glanced at the guy. "Sorry," he said with a small smile before turning his attention back to the girl. Lit, as if he hadn't heard that one a million times. He gave her a short pity chuckle before shaking his head. "Not quite. I'm a junior, but I feel your pain." He placed his hand on his chest and in that moment, it pained him to be a senior now; he hoped she wouldn't write him off because of his lack of senior status. He was intrigued by her, by this thesis writing, MedSci and Biothics student. He raised his brow and nodded, her career path was different from his and that was putting it lightly.

He paused for a second, why did everyone call him a pretty boy? Second time in two days. He cleared his throat before saying, "I'm a double major in English, Creative writing and Literature. It doesn't sound as complicated as yours, but I promise it's just as taxing." He looked down at her and smiled. "Oh-I'm Adriel." He stuck his hand out toward her. At least her aloof nature wasn't related to his looks. He felt better knowing he wasn't an eyesore she was avoiding.

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones

A junior, huh? Kinley raised her eyebrows at the boy and nodded, taking note that she was probably older than him, but who knew nowadays? Either way, she acknowledged his answer but didn't say much else, except: "One word of advice: if you know you're gonna do a senior thesis, get started on it during the summer. It'll help, at least for organizational purposes, to narrow some ideas down and keep in contact with your professors and advisors." And then she sighed, mentally kicking herself for constantly spewing this bit of advice out to every junior she'd recently come in contact with. It was true, though; she had done exactly that and, despite still being stressed out, Kinley knew she was doing just a little bit better than some of her peers who had waited until the first or second week of this semester to get started.
When the boy cleared his throat, Kinley was once again snapped out of her thoughts, and actually looked directly at him for once. She never meant to, but she would often be perceived as looking through people, not necessarily at them. Eye contact, however brief, was always intense with Kinley, though whether that was caused by who she was as a person or just her general cat-like features, nobody knew.
She shook her head, then flashed a very brief and small smile at him, shaking his hand firmly. Everybody always commented on how cold her hands were, and she severely hoped that he wouldn't bring it up. It was always so awkward when somebody did. Regardless, she dropped his hand after a moment and replied, "Kinley Marie. You should really get back to work, shouldn't you?" Despite being seemingly uninterested in conversation, Kinley's tone actually had a bit of tease to it.

guy.jpeg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover

Adriel nodded at her advice. "Yeah. I'll keep that in mind." He already had a few ideas in mind and when they came to him he'd already told his advisors. Sometimes he thought they got sick of him, he had so many ideas and couldn't settle on one. When he met her dark eyes, he was taken aback. Although it looked like she was looking at him, she wasn't and when she did, there was a noticeable difference. She seemed chill, probably way too cool for him. She had a nice smile.

"Pleasure to meet you," he said. "I suppose I should," he added before lifting his empty water bottle. "I let you get back to your thesis." He shook the bottle. "I still have to fill up." He half smiled at her. "Good luck with your writing." He stepped half turned toward the fountain. That was an interesting encounter and he had no idea how that girl felt, but he was pretty confident she didn't like him. He ran his fingers through his hair, he wondered what Cypris is doing. He patted his pocket and frowned, he left his phone at the desk.​

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones

Once her new acquaintance, Adriel, had ended the conversation by moving his attention to the fountain, Kinley suddenly felt the urge to get his attention back onto her. She sighed once more, and stepped up closer to the tall boy, already internally arguing with herself for what she was going to do. "You said you're an English major, yeah? Shit, you prob'ly get asked this all the time, but do you think you could help me revise some of my notes."
Great, she thought to herself, too late to back out now. May as well try to make friends.

"I mean, I'm pretty good at writing, I guess, but I have a hard time making brainstorms... cohesive."
Although previously, Kinley had shown a very aloof demeanour, she actually seemed... almost nervous now. As if she was hyper-aware that she wasn't very good at social interactions, and she felt somewhat sheepish for being rude to somebody who clearly just wanted to be kind. Her cool, introverted nature did not mix well with being approached by strangers outside of her scene, but, hey, she figured it was worth the shot. She had lived here for four years, and she only had a couple of friends, so what was the harm in trying to make a couple more? And Adriel had already distracted her from getting back to her work, so Kinley figured... why not try to make him useful!

Last edited:
guy.jpeg
Adriel
MarsRover MarsRover

Adriel glanced over at her. It took him a few minutes to get over his surprise so he could process her words. "Yeah-sure. I wouldn't mind helping out," he said with a smile on his face, probably a little too broad. "I'm great with cohesion." He nodded. "It's always nicer having another set of eyes on papers anyway." He shrugged. "I don't doubt your skill, but I know sometimes things seem to run together when you've been at it too long." He chuckled. He'd get to his own work later and he didn't feel too nervous about it. As long as his paper was in by six, he'd be fine. The other paper was due soon, but not soon enough to worry him, yet.

In better news, he was glad she didn't completely hate him. The apathetic girl disappeared the more she spoke to him. Her confidence dissipated, which surprised him even more. Adriel was a confident conversationalist and didn't take Kinley to be a nervous one. He almost felt that if he talked too much he might scare her away. He'd have to be mindful of his blabbering mouth and despite her hard exterior, she seemed kind of timid. "Where are you sitting?" He asked before moving toward the fountain to fill his bottle.​

Orion Michelakis
Mentions: None
Interactions: River, Rose ( Soap Soap )

Orion continued to scroll through his Instagram feed, looking through the various pictures photographers he admired posted over the past couple of days. Intermixed were photos posted by college associates: selfies with bad lighting, videos of drunk coeds at parties, a cute picture of the fleet of food trucks that lined the street on the south side of campus every Friday. Though he tended to be very laid-back, Orion would never turn down a good party or a chance to have fun. The faint sounds of River's music pulled him from his phone for a moment, tilting his head to the side to listen closer. "You should write that down, could be good for a new song," Orion commented, referring to the indie rock duo the pair had formed earlier in their college career. River usually sang lead and played the guitar or keyboard while Orion perfected the drums or the bass guitar. They had a very She & Him or Mat and Kim vibe about their sound that Orion generally loved. Though they only really played open mic nights and some small shows on campus, Orion was generally happy with the sound of Poppies, the name they had given themselves based on a common tragic link in their pasts.

Orion waited for River to pause in her playing, knowing without even turning around that she was pulling her music book from her guitar case to write the chords down along with a set of preliminary lyrics. When it came to River's music habits, she was nothing but predictable. Grinning slightly, Orion returned his attention to the phone in his hand, this time switching over to Twitter to scan the latest news. However, that lasted all of a few seconds until he heard the familiar click of a Polaroid camera sound off in front of him. Orion lifted his ocean blue gaze to meet that of the pretty blonde in front of him. He hadn't seen her around before, and assumed that she was probably an underclassman of some sort. Orion raised an eyebrow as she began to speak, a small smirk playing on his lips. "Well, I was scrolling through social media, like all the young whippersnappers my age do," he answered with a grin, sliding his phone back into his pocket. "And while this is a club that I'm a part of, I'm not exactly the 'hyped up, energetic, sign-throwing type.' I'm kinda a believer that the picture should speak for themselves," Orion added, gesturing behind him to the various prints on the table. "But since I now have your attention, and you have mine, my name's Orion, member of the Photography Club, nice to meet you and your camera."

codedbycrucialstar

EQ9vKxKb.png

Kinley Jones

Kinley bit her lip and took a small step backwards at Adriel's evident surprise from her change in energy, but she returned his grin with a brief, sweet smile of her own, and nodded in the direction of where she had set up earlier. "I was just over there. You could bring your stuff, uh, over if you wanted to work on your papers, too. I..." Kinley trailed off, and gave a shake of her head before clearing her throat and speaking again, this time with the same confidence she had spoken to him previously.
"Fresh eyes always help. I was thinking about askin' my roommate to help out, but... well, you're here, so, why not?" A small smile crept its way across her lips once more, this time lingering for just a few moments longer than her previous ones.
Patting Adriel's arm, Kinley headed off to her spot, waking up her laptop and moving her notebook aside to make room for this new boy to sit down with her. On her screen, she had two different Word documents open and at the ready: one that was essentially a typed-up and more organized version of her written notes, and the other being her first draft. A few paragraphs had already been started, including personal annotations briefly mentioning which references were used for which statement. Overall, Kinley was actually decent at writing, though this draft she was working on definitely needed to be condensed and organized, but it wasn't totally a lost cause. Skimming over what she had written, Kinley sighed and thought to herself, Fuck, this is what I get for just writing word vomit.
The grey-eyed girl was often way too hard on herself, especially when it came to academia, but all of her work came out like a well-fortified castle in the end, and that's what mattered most, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back