• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let everyone know, I have been getting my butt kicked by packing for a move. I will be going off-line sometime late Tuesday or Wednesday, and not getting everything back on the internet until late Thursday or early Friday.

Good luck
luAzLr3.png
*woof*

HM_11HouseBridge_1273100042.jpg

Have a safe move and I hope you enjoy your new place! =)

Thanks. We did our walk-through with the leasing agent yesterday, pointing out a few things that need to be fixed so we don't get held responsible for them when time comes for us to move out. Beautiful place. Nearly twice the square footage of our current place.

@Sherwood Good thinking. I hope you enjoy your time there!

Re: Luna. Since you are going to be Internet-less for a few days, did Luna have a reply or reaction in the Adventurers' Wagon? I don't want to post another segment in that scene so soon if you do.

Okies! Oh, and here's something to cheer about. Not too long ago, our Sherwood broke 20,000 posts!! Whoa! Go Sherwood! =)

Since you love role-playing enough to post 20,000 times, isn't that considered life? I've been roleplaying since I was thirteen - roleplaying is a big part of my life. I don't think my life would be half as enjoyable without it.

Or put another way, if I somehow lost roleplaying, I would have to find another life... Hmmm... =)

To heck with that! *rolls dice and cheers* =)

In Sherwood's defence, 70%+ of those posts are as a GM, so his posts have been designed to bring joy and satisfaction to others. Truly a selfless act then?

Captain Hesperus

Such acts of creating and sharing joy brings those feelings to both the GM and the players, I'd say. =)

GMing definitely brings its challenges too. For example, now I have three very gossipy little faeries who are now convinced Karthas is dead... I can't wait for them to start spreading that info through the forest.

Ah well! Gaming, like life, is like that sometimes.

@Captain Hesperus Hey, Otoirin's image on his character sheet has a big red "x" through the middle of it?

Dannigan said:
Such acts of creating and sharing joy brings those feelings to both the GM and the players, I'd say. =)
GMing definitely brings its challenges too. For example, now I have three very gossipy little faeries who are now convinced Karthas is dead... I can't wait for them to start spreading that info through the forest.

Ah well! Gaming, like life, is like that sometimes.

@Captain Hesperus Hey, Otoirin's image on his character sheet has a big red "x" through the middle of it?
Fixed it.

Captain Hesperus

Heya folks!

So... I've been looking to improve our battle-maps. I want something efficient, detailed, and fun to look at.

I think I have found it. =)

This is courtesy of roll20.net, an excellent website for gamers who play table-top games in real-time. Boy, do I wish we had this thing when I was first getting into roleplaying! It's free (though I am strongly leaning toward supporting the site). I can put images like these on the site, screenshot what I've got, crop it, send it to Photobucket, and then post it here for you to see.

I would like to point out a few things on this battle-map:

1. There are four Powerpaw tokens because Powerpaw takes up four (Moar!) squares. Roll20 does not seem to support large-size creatures (or if it does, I haven't learned how to make that happen yet).

2. Those red bars along the tokens are indeed health bars (I can add two more bars like it).

3. Those little symbols can be used for status effects (like the "Shield" spells up on Luna and Otiorin).

4. I can type in little comments (like the "Trap here!" in your upper right-hand corner).

5. There is also a "Fog of War" option I am learning to use (so you can see what the Wanderers see while you explore Sharseya).

What do you guys think of it? Should we use it?

@killfire @Captain Hesperus @Sherwood @Wolf Rawrrr @Kaerri Tagging you guys because alerts appear to have gone wonky again. =)

Oh, and hey, Killfire? On the above map, I decided to use this image for Bronze's token and keep it square instead of making it into a circular token. What do you think of it?

anvil_and_hammer.jpg

(Image credit: deeblog.squarespace.com)

Also, I'll wait a few more hours today before posting in-character. Did you want Bronze to have that brief chat with Mamapaw or would you rather we just say it happened (and I will write something to that effect)? Either way, I will then move the story on (and bring Mamapaw back inside the Adventurers' Wagon). Hope you're feeling better!

*Killfire gets a Fluffy Pillow... IIIIIN DAAAAA FAAAAAAACE!* =)

No, but I don't know what the Serenity is (nor Firefly). Neat ship, though! =)

Firefly was a sci-fi series that ran for only one season before getting canceled, and Serenity was a full length movie set after the series died. Has a massive cult following to it. Did you read about the 70,000 piece, seven foot long model of the ship built to scale of the mini-figures? Talk about getting your geek on.

Jeez-Louise! No, I didn't. I'm playing an MMORPG with a guildmate in another window.

And I thought the Lego Star Destroyer was big! =)

prod_product_retina_1224x688_75055.jpg

(Image credit: www.lego.com)

I plan on posting later tonight. Until then, I am trying to give @killfire a chance to speak with Mamapaw (before she has to return inside to complete the Roundabout).

Hope your move is going well, Sherwood! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back