• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha! Oti will gain the nickname "Mouse" when Powerpaw chases him halfway 'round Sharseya! =)

Guys, I just need toss this out there - don't think that by Powerpaw saying this that it's your DM trying to "speak through him" or whatever. Do as your characters desire. =)

This item sounds far too important to simply sell off to the highest bidder. We will have to ponder its future carefully.

/starts looking up the going rate of Pinnacles of Power on www.sharseya-itemtrader.com

Thanks Captain! I'll make sure to save that site for future use.

Powerpaw to Dungeon Master: "RAWWWR! DAT'S IT! SUMBUDDY'S GETTIN' SMACKED!! Okies, so, what's a Kitty-face gotta roll ta knock Oti an' Nivi so high an' so far dat dey land ins Amaranth?!"

DM: "Um, that's not even my game, Fuzzy Goof."

Bria: "It's O.K.! Maggie's in Amaranth! She's a sweetie!"

Glider: "Gosh, I've never heard of Amaranth before! Where is this Amaranth?"

Stewart: "Amaranth? Not on any of my maps!"

The Meadowsweets: "Do they have decent food?"

Auri the Insatiable : "Do we ever! Come to Amaranth! We have cookies!!"

enaNdcI.jpg
(Image credit: Reddit)

Shalin: ...

Hee hee! =)

Will post sometime tomorrow. Hope life is treating you well, folks! =)

I'm going to try and post here tomorrow (if only to keep the story going; there's a lot to do before we can get to the dungeon). =)

Heya friends! I will post sometime tomorrow. =)

Powerpaw, on the other paw, had entirely different thoughts. "Waaaaaaaitaminute... Doez dis mean she's gonna be bringin' guys home late at night? Because I want nuttin' ta do wif dat kinda stuffs."

Melshaef clicked her claws. "Now, son, do remember Nivirea is a noble and lady of the human kingdom of Summerset."

Powerpaw looked doubtful. "An' since when haz bein' a noble stopped a girl from gettin' whatever she wantses? Best dis Kitty-face kin tell, bein' a noble only helps 'em get it!"

Melshaef paused in mid-gasp as the surprise of her son's point seemed to overshadow her own. "Why, I find I have no decent reply to that."

Then began a line of thought that only a Ko monk could have entered into the conversation with. "Well, what if Nivirea turns out to be what Bren secretly desires? If so, who are we to get in their way? After all, Bren has always seemed to have close ties with the fae-blooded, he was once married to a half-elf, and well, now that he's single, maybe Bren likes the idea of being with another noble?" Bria looked around to all of you in that innocent, harmless way of hers. Then she gazed at Bren and asked him, "Bren? Is your heart lit by women like Nivirea?"

Powerpaw excitedly continued her unique line of thought with one of his own. "...Or doez we smack 'er in da face if she tries gettin' all nymphy wif you?! Huh? Huh?"

"Powerpaw!" Melshaef exclaimed.

"Whats?!"

I think it's very fortunate that Nivirea missed all of that. It would spark some very mixed emotions in her, and even I can't be sure what kind of reaction they would all boil down to lol.

Ah, I love playing controversial characters *woof*

I think it's very fortunate that Nivirea missed all of that. It would spark some very mixed emotions in her, and even I can't be sure what kind of reaction they would all boil down to lol.

You know who Nivirea reminds me of? Princess Lily from Legend (especially in the Director's Cut). They could be sisters. I watched Legend again recently and over and over I saw little things that reminded me of Nivirea. You've seen it, haven't you, Wolf?

PrincessLilymia+sara.jpg
(Image credit: www.oneman.gr)

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Hey, you! I have just finished editing Glider's last post in his conversation with Nivi. I felt this rewrite better displayed his inner thoughts and feelings. Thought you should know! =)

I have watched Legend! Admittedly, I had to look it up because the name didn't ring any bells, but after checking out the plot and some scenes from an online stream, I do remember it! Wow. I've seen it two times I believe... Once when I was a kid, and I always remembered it as "one of those peculiar films" for some reason. It was also kind of frightening back then. It disturbed me. So that made me suddenly think of it years later, so I eventually re-watched it a couple of years ago I think. Unfortunately I forgot most things, including what Lily was like...

I think I shall have to grab a snack and some tea and watch it again to fully understand your comparison! It was definitely a good movie. Dark fantasy of sorts, but with a happy ending thankfully. I think there's two possible endings, the original/director's and the American ending (boy you yanks have to have a special version of everything made for you!). Which one have you seen?

Both! I first saw the original theatrical version and that led me to purchase the director's cut from Amazon. I prefer the latter. It feels truest. =)

I'm so glad you've seen it! I love good fantasy, especially the kind where you can easily in immerse yourself into the story. That kind of storytelling takes powerful belief to create, powerful enough that it reaches the viewer. Precious few movies contain that power. And I feel that makes them, well, precious. =)

Plus, Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness! He is incredibly good at being incredibly evil! The entire movie is filled with good characters! =)

Ah, if only Nivirea knew in how fine a company she has found herself! Perceptive, too. I don't think she has any idea as to how well she's understood already... *woof*

Okies, even though I was the last to reply to in-game, I will reply again within the next couple of days (Real Life allowing) just for the sake of the plans you guys made. =)

In the meantime though, I admit to some serious distraction myself courtesy of Final Fantasy 14 and RP Nation's new guild! =)

Ah, I didn't have anything special to write for Nivirea since her exchange with Glider is over. She probably nodded and said something appropriate yet unimportant and returned to frowning at her nails. I don't think I have anything to post until the rest of the group returns from passing judgement *woof*

Should have said something, sorry. I do check in every single day, so I haven't forgotten or neglected the game. Just forgot to make my intentions plain.

No worries, Wolf! Any kind of communication is good (like this post of yours). =)

Heya folks! I wanted to post today but thanks to Real Life I am waaay too tired so I am going to try again tomorrow! But for now, I'm going to bed early... Have a good sleep when it's your turn! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... =)

Yeah! Sorry. Hyperkinectivity knocked me down flat today. Still recovering but I can type now! =)

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Hey, folks? Sharseya is my player-driven game (or sandbox). With that in mind, I have a question for all of you - would you mind if I took the helm of the game and railroaded you guys for a time?

You guys have had the helm since we started back in 2014 (2014! Woo!). However, we're ever so slowly getting those things done that we wanted (like getting Nivi into the team or training for 9th level or getting to Highwind, etc.) and our current pace, well, forgive me but I'm getting bored (hyperactive people often get bored easily; it's no excuse, but that's how it is). I need to know if our current pace is all right or not. If it is, then I can tell myself to get used to it (not a bad thing). If it's not, then I can throw a Sharseya-sized can of DM-induced Mountain Dew into this game and really get things moving.

As always, it's your game too and I value your feelings and fun. =)

So... Do you guys want to continue at the pace we've been going at or would you mind if I kicked things into high gear for awhile? There's a list of things I want you guys to experience and the longer they stay away, the bigger chance that I lose them. And that list isn't getting any shorter.

What are your thoughts, in detail, if you please?

Well, I have a few goals for Luna in the near future. First, finish learning her Craft Wand Feat. Second, start working on a Wand of Burning Rays. Third, have Glider help train us up, so we are all ready for a awesome dungeon crawl! So many new spells and goodies that I want, its hard to know where to start.

The first two will take about a week of eight hour days each, so whatever railroading you plan on I hope will take that into consideration. As for the logistics of getting railroaded, I don't mind at all. In my opinion, there are occasionally times that it needs to be done to help move the story along to the next chapter that the Storyteller has set up. As a group, we have pretty much agreed to accept Nivirea into the team on a provisional basis (not that we expect any reason not to have her for the long term), and as mentioned before, I have a bunch of spell ideas that I want to try out in a fight to see if they work as well as I anticipate.

Other issues to resolve still is what will be done with the chunk of meteorite metal that came down all those years ago. I am wondering if we could find something in the libraries of our next city to explain what I can do for us, and possibly get a cool pair of magic bracers made from the stuff.

Also, I remember that the Meadowsweets wanted to get back to their home, and we were going to be taking them there.

Let me also add that the pacing of the game has been quite enjoyable so far, and I have had lots of fun. Thank you to everyone for being a big part of this.

Awesome WW comic by Wolf!
I can throw a Sharseya-sized can of DM-induced Mountain Dew into this game and really get things moving.

v0mZs8s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back