• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving sucks. But, we got almost everything shifted over to the new place; just some odds and ends to pick up over the next few days and we are done.

Why must the first things people learn in a new language be profanities? I've got Irish and French actors here walking around insulting each other (off-set, jokingly).

Throwing around insults in Croatian seems to amuse them to no end. And I bet they think I'm laughing with them ;)

It does seem to go that way, doesn't it? Personally I think the first things ought to be "please," "thank you," and "where is the bathroom??" ( ;) )

The move is complete. All of our stuff is now officially in the new house. I hurt in places that I never even knew I had. The fun part is now getting to unpack everything and figure out spaces for all of our junk.

Congrats! You're "all in"!

And Happy 4th of July to everyone! =)

Most of the junk I packed during my last move is still in the same boxes, just ransacked because I needed a couple things now and then. And the move was several months ago *woof*

You don't know how much stuff you've got that you absolutely don't need until you move out. Fact.

Heya @killfire!

If you would like to say that Mamapaw and Bronze chatted outside the Adventurers' Wagon, I am O.K. with it. If Bronze was seeking a list of item preferences from Mamapaw, she would suggest the following items written in the spoiler below. If Bronze was not, then we go with the first list.

Bronze's original list

1. Large-sized Masterwork dagger

2. Large-sized Magical spear +1

3. Large-sized Full suit of fire-resistant Leather armor +2

4. Large-sized Normal Wooden Buckler

5. Large-sized Masterwork Staff

Mamapaw's preferences

1. Large-sized Masterwork dagger

2. Large-sized Magical scimitar +1

3. Large-sized full suit of fire-resistant leather armor +2

4. Large-sized Masterwork Large wooden shield

5. Large-sized Masterwork staff

Also... If you want to provide Bronze an additional +2 on crafting any of these items, please have Bronze craft those wonderful Masterwork Artisan tools for the crafting skill in question. Or, put another way, give me 2 more Craft (Metalsmithing) rolls at +13 to succeed. Your character needs a 7 or higher on each die to make them happen. Doing so improves Bronze's Craft Armor/Shield and Weapons/Bow to +13 as long as he uses those sets of tools.

Again, I am using those 4 dice results you provided earlier. However, I do need you to roll the dice a few more times. Please provide the following:

1. Roll Craft Armor/Shield (for Mamapaw's shield) currently at +11.

2. Roll Craft Weapons/Bows twice (for the other two weapons you decide to make for Mamapaw) currently at +11.

The masterwork items will very likely take less than a day to create, each (the higher you roll, the less time it takes and vice versa). As mentioned before, the +1 item will take a full day (8 hours of work) and the +2 item, two full days (16 hours of work). So, if all goes well, then all of these items will be done and ready within the week! =)

Heya, @ everyone else! =)

Earlier, Killfire requested a list of desired items from the rest of you? If you want something, please let him know. Powerpaw requests 3 large-sized masterwork throwing hammers (which call for 3 Craft Weapons/Bows rolls).

Lastly, we are starting to wind down in this chapter (depending on what folks want to do). Here are some things to consider:

1. Powerpaw was going to explain why he left Shaballah, but if you've had enough of Kitty-face history for the time being, I understand. What do you want?

2. Brendoran had mentioned he wanted the Wanderers to stop at Melshaef's Tree (2 days travel from your current position on the Road of Kings). All in favor?

3. Waaay back at the beginning of this chapter, I put up a list of loose ends I wanted secured. Most of them have been done! =) Here is that list:

Here are some of the short-term things I would like to get done in Chapter Six: Roundabout! What's on each of your lists? =)

1. Powerpaw has something to say to his fellow Wanderers.

2. Bria has questions for every last one of you.

3. Expansion on character histories (Otiorin is from the Gray Elven city of Waterwind. Luna appears to be from Summerset. Wolf might be from a small hunting and fishing village called Dalsus [waaay south of you]).*

4. Expansion on character families. I can make them for you or you can shoot them by me for my approval. Whatever you like. In the end, your character's family will fit and add to our game.*

5. What do you want each of your teammates to know about each other? Maybe Otiorin doesn't want the other Wanderers to know about his quest for the Sunfire Blade? It is his option.

6. The prismalcum/cosmic ore can be shaped (you have enough for 1 item per Wanderer). The trick is, finding out the method and means to forge it (here's a freebie for Bronze - normal items won't affect the prismalcum, including normal fire).

7. What tactics do you want your party to know in-character about your hero?

8. What kind of things does your character like and dislike and what of these (if any) do you share with your fellow Wanderers?

9. What are your character's goals? Luna wants to be the best fire-mage in Sharseya of her generation. What exactly does that entail? Certain spells? Or certain victories over something out there in Sharseya?

10. Powerpaw wants to share some of the loot he earned with Dubble Trubble with the rest of you.

11. The Daughters of Summertime are not done with you yet. They would like to reward the rest of you before they make their leave. What will you do with their gifts?

12. Some of you still have a Signature Ability to choose. Let's get it chosen, otherwise it's a Useless Ability. =)

13. Bronze has a boat-load of possibilities to start making. What is he making and what is being put on the proverbial back-burner? Some ideas that have already been mentioned are the Forge-wagon (big undertaking, especially if he's doing it solo), throwing hammers for Powerpaw, armor for Mamapaw, weapon(s) for Mamapaw, not to mention the prismalcum!

How is your own list looking? =)

Oh, right *woof*

[1] Wolf is interested in hearing the rest of Powerpaw's tale. I will post shortly.

[2] Seeing as we are passing by Melshaef's Tree anyway, I don't see why we wouldn't want to stop there. It is on the way, right?

[3.1] Wolf has no interest in any equipment stemming from ore or hide (so no on both Powerpaw's loot and Bronze's offer).

[3.2] The only possible exception to the above would be a rapier for Wolf (since he is looking to buy one anyway), preferably from the prismalcum? Is this possible? If it weren't metal I'd ask for a bow.

[4] What gifts are the Daughters offering? Did Wolf already get something? I can't remember. Oh... yes, besides the kisses.

[5] Still blank on the signature ability. As a last resort I guess I could use a boost similar to what Luna got? Can you recommend something, Dann?

Dannigan said:
@killfire I have taken advantage of a window of opportunity to allow Bronze and Mamapaw a moment together. Got a moment to reply? =)
I tried, still recovering.

Sherwood said:
Ok Sherwood, if yer gonna show me that stuff, you better BUY me that stuff. (WHAPT!)

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Oh, right *woof*
[1] Wolf is interested in hearing the rest of Powerpaw's tale. I will post shortly.

[2] Seeing as we are passing by Melshaef's Tree anyway, I don't see why we wouldn't want to stop there. It is on the way, right?

[3.1] Wolf has no interest in any equipment stemming from ore or hide (so no on both Powerpaw's loot and Bronze's offer).

[3.2] The only possible exception to the above would be a rapier for Wolf (since he is looking to buy one anyway), preferably from the prismalcum? Is this possible? If it weren't metal I'd ask for a bow.

[4] What gifts are the Daughters offering? Did Wolf already get something? I can't remember. Oh... yes, besides the kisses.

[5] Still blank on the signature ability. As a last resort I guess I could use a boost similar to what Luna got? Can you recommend something, Dann?

[/QUOTE]
This works, Um would it be ok as a rule that Bronze keeps a small pot of stew near his forge, he has a tendency to forget to eat, and drink... stuff like that when he's on a project. Sorry for the long wait times guys, and gals I'm recovering still. But fighting back. (WHAPT!) To anyone I missed.

New Post. I think Bronze might want to go with making the masterwork tools first, to get the bonuses, but lets go with a nice "make what is needed, first" thing.

@killfire Make those dice rolls here, if you please. I've been praying (as I usually do) for your recovery, dear Rabbit. *tosses Rabbit noms his way* =)

Or if you prefer, I can make the rolls here at my desk for you. Whatever you feel up to? =)

Dannigan said:
@killfire Make those dice rolls here, if you please. I've been praying (as I usually do) for your recovery, dear Rabbit. *tosses Rabbit noms his way* =)
Two Rolls coming up...

Armor, and Weps...

[dice]8939[/dice]

[dice]8940[/dice]

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]

[/QUOTE]
To Wolf Rawrrr,

2. Yes, Melshaef's Tree is on the way north along the Road of Kings. Your current position has you about 2 1/2 days away from there.

3.2. Being a form of metal, the prismalcum should be able to be melded into a rapier (once the secrets of forging it are learned).

4. The Daughters have not yet offered their gifts to any but Otiorin yet. They are respecting the rules (rite?) of the Roundabout.

5. For Leonard Wolf, I would recommend something that his character has both an interest in and a talent for. That's how most Signature Abilities get off the ground. Let me do a little brainstorming here...

1. Speak with Plants ability (not as much fun as animals, but one can learn a lot from plants).

2. Affinity for Tracking. Perhaps in the form of bonuses in certain areas (forest, hills, mountains), or the ability to never forget a track that he has studied.

3. Call to the Wild. Once per day per Ranger or Druid level, when not accompanied by civilized creatures, Wolf may call out to the wild animals (if any) nearby. The animals in question choose whether or not to respond. They will be socially-Neutral toward Wolf, but willing to trust. They will share information about the land, recent activities, etc. in return for something that benefits them (usually food, the building of a refuge, or the slaying of a nearby threat - none of which should take too much game time to do). If Wolf wants to get ahead in the game, he can perform this activity and then use the Call. Understand that the animals called are in no way friendly to Wolf's fellow Wanderers and will usually spook and run (or fight) the moment they feel threatened. Otherwise, they treat Wolf as another creature of their environment.

4. True Shot - If Wolf focuses for the entire round, he can take a single shot that reduces the Concealment/Cover bonus of a chosen target by 20%.

5. Release of the Self - If Wolf can find a quiet, unthreatened spot in the wild, he can meditate and learn about the land itself (this takes 1 minute). If Wolf can let go of himself, he can "get the feel of the land". For the next hour, he will enjoy a +1 bonus to Survival (including Tracking), Perception, and Stealth rolls. He will also know which way north is without error. This added sensitivity also tends to alert him to natural dangers like storms, landslides, and other natural phenomena. He can attune himself as often as he likes.

Hope that helps? =)

killfire said:
This works, Um would it be ok as a rule that Bronze keeps a small pot of stew near his forge, he has a tendency to forget to eat, and drink... stuff like that when he's on a project. Sorry for the long wait times guys, and gals I'm recovering still. But fighting back. (WHAPT!) To anyone I missed.
New Post. I think Bronze might want to go with making the masterwork tools first, to get the bonuses, but lets go with a nice "make what is needed, first" thing.
Re: Small pot of stew. No problem, given the current circumstances.

Re: Recovering. You know my stance on this. =)

Re: Grats! With that roll, Bronze is able to make the weapons at his highest possible skill level. Do you want Bronze to start working on the weapons, or do you want to try again on the armor/shield artisan tools?

Re: Brainstorming

It helps alot! I will do some thinking of my own and either come up with something new (now that you've inspired me) or simply pick from the list. Thanks *woof*

Re: Prismalcum

I wouldn't want to use up all of the ore just for myself, though. How much would a rapier consume? If it's a fourth or a third then fine, but if it's half of the thing or whole then I'll pass. I probably have enough gold to buy a rapier in Highwind anyway. Maybe even get it enchanted.

Re: Prismalcum. I went with DM's prerogative when I first put this into the game; there is enough to make one item per Wanderer (or perhaps two small items for one character). =)

What kind of bonuses could I see from a set of bracers made of Prismalcum?

Sherwood said:
What kind of bonuses could I see from a set of bracers made of Prismalcum?
+2 dice to your dodge rolls and +3 dice to strength-based rolls...

Oh, wait, wrong game system....

Captain Hesperus

[QUOTE="Captain Hesperus]+2 dice to your dodge rolls and +3 dice to strength-based rolls...
Oh, wait, wrong game system....

Captain Hesperus

[/QUOTE]
Sherwood, I just work here. =) Sorry to be mysterious, but this is one of the things in the game that must be discovered in-game or not at all. For one thing, telling you guys stuff like this in OOC would just spoil it. Do remember that the arrival of the prismalcum from the sky that night was enough to get the immediate attention of dragons. At one point earlier in the game, I believe you mentioned that the other party members could have Luna's share of the prismalcum as you didn't see that Luna would have any use for it (folks were talking weapons at the time). I'm glad to see you thinking "outside of the box" with something like bracers. =)

Cap'n, what game system are you referring to? I can't place it. =)

Grumble grumble. I suppose that will have to do. That means that I am putting in a work order for a set of bracers. I assume that I will be able to have them enchanted up to increase their AC at a later date when we get to a place with spellcasters able to do so?

It's a reference to the Exalted RP system. Bracers of the Five Magical Materials gave you a bonus to Dodge rolls and those made of Orichalcum gave you a bonus to Strength.

Captain Hesperus

Thanks, Cap'n. I've played Scions (thanks, Sherwood!) but never Exalted. =)

Sherwood. Re: prismalcum. This question is in the same line of thinking as the last so it gets the same answer. The answers are out there. Once this chapter is complete, the Wanderers are on their way to Melshaef's Tree (or wherever they want to go). After that stop, perhaps you guys will bee-line it straight for Highwind or decide to tackle another adventure on your way there (not a bad subject for group discussion, wouldn't you say?). As for the cosmic ore, want to learn about it? Your best bet is probably to help Bronze learn how to craft it. =)

killfire said:
D, Let's go with the tools.
Sounds good. For the sake of efficiency, please roll three times (at +13, meaning a 7 or higher is your goal) and we'll stop at Bronze's first success to make these Masterwork Artisan Armor/Shield tools. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back