• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone, I'd be very interested in joining. I don't know many of you (Hello Sherwood ( : ) and would like to meet the community.

Deadkool said:
Greetings everyone, I'd be very interested in joining. I don't know many of you (Hello Sherwood ( : ) and would like to meet the community.
Sorry, @Deadkool, but this story is closed and not looking for players. Perhaps you might try Interest Checks? Good luck out there. =)

Oh, well, thank you. I'm not new to the community (actually kind of surprised I haven't met most of you yet.) I wish you luck in your endeavors.

I've been outsourced to work for a movie production studio for the duration of a month or so, and it's Monday-Friday all day long for most part (about 14 hours a day if not more) however Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be days off (unless we start to fall behind so we need extra shooting hours). That means I am not likely to offer more than a couple short posts, if that, over the working days but I will try to make up for it over the weekend.

I believe I'll be driving the main actors for most part. But then again the boss sent me shopping for cheap vodka and duct tape today (reminding me that this was not to be listed on the end-of-day report doh) so I am expecting a wide range of chores lol *woof*

The most interesting part was when the guy I picked up from the airport today to drive to the hotel turned out to be Andrew Jack, a famous language coach and linguist who worked on The Lord of the Rings teaching the actors to speak Elvish and Dwarven! We talked about his 16 months spent on New Zealand doing that and man did that sound like a great experience. I wish I could do something that great, something I like for something I like... He has a website where you can read about his experience (not just LOTR but other great movies too). It's www.andrewjack.com

Busy Wolf! I hope it's all as enjoyable as your time with Andrew Jack. (^.^)

Same here, Wolf! How neat! You get to meet some pretty cool people sometimes, Wolf. Thanks for sharing. =)

I like Mr. Jack's website! =)

As for posting, as always, write when you want to! And thanks for the thoughtful heads-up on your schedule. =)

@killfire @Sherwood @Kaerri @Wolf Rawrrr @Captain Hesperus Does anyone have any further questions for Powerpaw and Mamapaw in this Tactics stage?

I really wanted to post but I got home late as it is and working on Amaranth's combat system ate what little free time I had fast :/

I have to get up in four and a half hours but I do want to post so please give me some time and I'll put something together tomorrow (or today technically lol) from my phone during work *woof*

Absolutely, Wolf! Thanks for letting me know. =)

Well B' is Avoiding the whole Roundabout thing because he's got an odd history. As for checking with Mom'paw, B's going to start the process, like starting the heat up of the metal, and setting out the wood, oh and deadfall, oak. As in an oak branch or tree that's been knocked over and died. Sorry about that, I capitalized when I wasn't thinking. I think he would be wise enough to ask Mom'paw if it was ok to collect some deadfall or dig up some root burls and the like. A Burl is a root ball from a tree, makes neat bowls, and grips.

After getting set up, I think Bronze would then go sneak back in and ask if Mom'paw has a minute or two. Then go out with her to show her his ideas, and see if she would like to add, remove, or build on them. As for the blue dragon, yep, gotta toss that ideeer out. And here my favorite color is blue, darn. Then go from there.

(please excuse any typo's)

@killfire Sounds good to me (and don't worry about typos - i mayk taipos 2. =) ).

Why not write something in the in-character thread concerning Bronze and Mamapaw? This can be done easily enough without disturbing the Roundabout. Say Bronze takes a break from his forging, comes inside the wagon with a few sketches (his ideas), and shows them to her? After she replies, Bronze can head back outside and get the work started?

Ay-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya! That's a whole lot of moar. I am not equipped to process this vast amount of moar all at once. Will need a day to ponder and then write a worthy post *woof*

It's not helping that the movie-shooting has been relocated to a neighboring town and pick-ups are now between 0300 and 0400 hours. Trying to make my body switch day for night here and failing for now. So I take energy drinks instead sleeping, which is a bad idea so I'm gonna go and grab a few hours of sleep if I can. Maybe I can post from the base camp using my laptop.

Btw I found it on le internét movie database! (like if you read it in ze french) *rawrrr*

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4106376/

Yikes! Hope you get some good sleep soon :)

Sleep first, game later! Rest well, good Wolf! =)

Also... a Luc Besson film! I am even moar interested now! (American audiences know him more for The Fifth Element, Transporter, and Taken, but Dann and I are also fans of District 13/B13 and Leon: The Professional.)

Yes! The French know their action movies and good storylines to boot! I would like to see this given that Besson is involved (and our Wolf, too! See that terrific scene with the exciting car chase with the fluffy, canine tail sticking out of the car window? That's a Wolf cameo! Ha ha ha! Knowing that you had a little to do with it all just adds to da moar.) =)

Just wondering, are the fairies going to give everyone some kind of gift for rescuing them? I certainly would not object to a attribute boost if one were to be offered to Luna.

Well, what player-character would object to an attribute boost, right? Heh. =) I don't mean to be a smart-aleck here; I just can't help but smile and imagine any player in the Wanderers' position saying, "No, sorry, Mr. Dungeon Master, but I really don't wish my character to be any smarter, faster, etc. than he currently is." It is, after all, a natural goal of all PCs to improve their characters. =)

I can relate with your wondering (and I didn't miss it when you mentioned this as Luna in-game a little while ago) - Otiorin got a really good reward for unlocking them from the Globe of Entrapment, but he wasn't the only one involved in the rescue. It is quite rational to wonder if the other Wanderers are also due something similar.

Unfortunately, I have to answer with, "I just work here." I don't mean to be silly or mysterious here; it is part of my GMing style to have these kinds of facts remain in-game until the player-characters discover them in-game. Why not just tell you? Because in my experience, that has led to a mini-game, if you will, called "Ask the GM" whereas players ask me out-of-game knowledge when instead one could explore the matter through roleplaying (on my tabletop games, this convenience began innocently enough, but grew and got out of hand until I put a stop to it; I'll tell you the story if you're interested).

I can tell you this; the Daughters of Summertime will be around long enough for Luna to ask, should she choose to. Also, remember that Luna has very recently earned the title of Forest-friend in her rescuing of Mamapaw/Melshaef/Sabrefang; the Daughters of Summertime often speak freely to such an adventurer who has proven themselves thusly. Just don't wait too long.

Dannigan said:
Also, remember that Luna has very recently earned the title of Forest-friend in her rescuing of Mamapaw/Melshaef/Sabrefang; the Daughters of Summertime often speak freely to such an adventurer who has proven themselves thusly.
Whereas Wolf is a long-standing forest-friend in deed! That's my cue to get sum frakking buffs!
luAzLr3.png
*howl*

What was the name of the evil wizard? I don't remember. (:#)

Khar-ecct, good Cap'n! Well done! Hee hee... =)

@Sherwood sez,

"I feel a personal obligation to you, since he was a member of my own order of mages. His actions are a blight on the good name of all the students and followers of Boccob."
I just want to point out that Karthas's actions don't really affect Boccob or his people. Why? Well first, what I am about to mention are things are well-known by anyone in Summerset, Highwind, or nearby kingdoms with a serious interest in religion (i.e. ranks in Knowledge: Religion).

Here's the jist. I feel Luna should be aware that Boccob is a True Neutral god who hardly cares what his students do or even what their alignments are (though his clerics must have neutrality in their alignment somewhere; Luna, though a mage, is a rare one to follow Boccob given her Chaotic Good alignment, which by the way, is well-roleplayed!). As long as Boccob's people are furthering the path of knowledge and magic in his name, Boccob will continue to keep his college and church (same place) alive and well. Otherwise, he isn't called "Boccob the Uncaring" for nothing! Where was Boccob when Summerset was attacked all those years ago? Where is he now that Highwind is involved in its own war? Where was Boccob when Vaprak the Destroyer, the god of trolls, was released onto Sharseya? Off on his own agenda, that's where.

I don't want Luna to be under the impression that Boccob is some kind of good guy when he is really out for himself. Boccob is not good in any moral sense of the word, but neither is he evil.

Some background here: In Sharseya, most of the other worshippers of great deities pretty much leave Boccob and his people alone and for good reason. The God of the Archmagi is bad as hell, and he really doesn't get involved with the dealings of other deities except to very rarely warn them of some great premonition (and even when doing this, he is furthering his own mysterious agenda, and the other gods know this all too well).

Put another way, leave Boccob alone and he'll generally leave you alone. However, folks in the arcane business and religion know, mess with Boccob and he is ready to ruin your day and your life (and possibly your afterlife). This protection hardly ever gets passed down to his followers, though. Why? Because Boccob just doesn't care. =)

Enjoy the Boccob-related goodies in the spoiler below. For unlike Boccob, I care. Ha ha! =)

(Information credit: Dragon Magazine, issue #70, page 20, written February 1983 for 1st Edition Dungeons and Dragons. Note the information below was written by none other than Gary Gygax, the co-creator of Dungeons and Dragons. Boccob was in Gygax's World of Greyhawk. I leave out Boccob's statistics because they are not necessary, but I keep Gygax's own descriptions intact as I rule that Luna, being his worshipper, would indeed have learned of these things from legend).

BOCCOB (The Uncaring)

God of Neutrality, Magic, Arcane Knowledge, Foreknowledge, Foresight.

Boccob, called The Uncaring, is the Lord of all Magics and Archimage of the Deities. Whether or not any worship or serve him seems of no importance to him. Naturally, he is entreated for omens by seers and diviners. Likewise, those seeking new magics are prone to ask his aid. Sages also revere him.

Boccob rarely leaves his own hall, preferring to send his servant, the mad archmage Zagyg (q.v.), in his stead. Boccob is always arrayed in garments of purple upon which shimmering runes of gold move and change. He has many amulets and protective devices. It is said that in his palace there is at least one of every magic item (except for artifacts and relics) ever devised by magic-user or illusionist. The favorite weapon of Boccob is his staff of the archmage, combining a staff of the magi with a wand of conjuration. This device can always absorb 24 spell levels, regardless of its charge. All planes and times are open to Boccob.

He is able to draw either positive power or negative force from the appropriate plane so as to strike fear into undead creatures or actually deliver a rolling cloud of energy like unto a double strength wall of fire as to its area and effects upon them. He can likewise use a net of negative power to affect creatures drawing on the Positive Material Plane.

Boccob can be hit only by +5 or better weapons. He has vision of double normal range into all spectrums. He can regenerate 1-4 points of damage per round. No spells of mental control or possession will affect Boccob, nor will feeblemind or similar magics. He otherwise has the attributes typical of greater deities.

Boccob neither seeks nor avoids confrontations; he desires balance above alignment, knowledge above all. In combination, these two forces can rend demon or devil, deva or elemental. Once per round the Archimage can cast a disc of concordant opposition, a plane of mixed forces which will blast into nothingness any creature under 13 hit dice or less than 50% magic resistance. Those with fewer than 13 levels or hit dice (96 or less hit points if dice are not used) or having less than a 50% magic resistance are destroyed by the 1”-square force web. Those of more than 12 hit dice take 100 points of damage, less magic resistance doubled. Those above 12 levels of experience take 50 hit points of damage, less their magic resistance, less each +1 of protection expressed as 10. Creatures with at least 50% magic resistance are unharmed.

The worshippers of Boccob are spread throughout the Flanaess. His clerics wear purple robes with gold trim; those attaining the 9th level or higher are actually able to handle simple magic items normally usable only by magic-users (wand of illusion, crystal ball, robe of useful items, and any similar devices).

Services to honor Boccob involve complex rituals, incense, recital of formulas, and readings from special works honoring knowledge.

I was thinking that, while Boccob may be Neutral, the wizards coming from the particular school that Luna went to are more aligned towards good (at least Luna is) and that is why she is taking Karthas' actions on a personal level. He is evil, and it reflects badly on all the people he encounters that know where he got his training.

But I do like the info. Thanks for sharing!

I apologize for the taciturn nature of my recent posts but I find it difficult to come up with anything long or quality. Some days just reading other posts drains my battery and I'm ready to sign off ( :( ) *woof*

No worries, Wolf, I haven't been posting much myself recently. There's a lot of good reading here, isn't there? (^.^)

Also, I note that the name of Boccob's servant is very nearly "Gygax" backwards. ( ;) )

@killfire I have taken advantage of a window of opportunity to allow Bronze and Mamapaw a moment together. Got a moment to reply? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back