• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern alone | based off of 'the society' | OPEN & ACCEPTING

Characters
Here
Other
Here

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"hello there! quote here"
[/div]

When the door flung open Skylar and Addy both had similar reactions. SKylar was so glad to see her friends was okay. She sighed internally letting Luke pull her into the hug and even putting and arm around Addy too. When Luke pulled away Skylar noticed the marks on his body, she wanted to ask what happened but felt like it wasn't the right time there was so much else going on. She looked around to see what appeared to be a man-only bachelor pad..lots of beer cans and it wasn't really tidy which she didn't expect from a place where Luke lived but it probably had something to do with his Dad.

After a few moments the door flew open again and there was Lance, a second wave of relief came over Skylar, she hugged him for a few seconds before pulling away after he mentioned something about the gun. She took the gun out of her jeans and showed it, barrel down to everyone. "It's not loaded, calm down." she sighed. "I have the ammo in my pockets. My dad was the chief of police in one of the most violent places in New Jersey. My Dad said if I ever felt scared or in danger and he wasn't around to carry...for protection." She stuffed the gun back into her pants. "I didn't want to scare you guys but some serious weird shit is happening...maybe not the zombie Apocalypse...but something is not right, I can feel it." Skylar didn't really scare easily..but she just had a gut feeling. "I think starting a group chat would be great but it's dark and rainy out...maybe we should message and meet up with everyone tomorrow morning?" She felt like due to the weather everyone was probably at their respective houses by now anyway. "We should probably head home and meet up tomorrow if our parents don't show up." She fiddled with her keys nervously. She looked at her phone, still no text back from either of their parents. Skylar scrolled in her contacts to Miles's number and clicked on it...but she couldn't bring herself to text him..but she was worried about him too.

Tags: xserendipitously xserendipitously thefinalgirl thefinalgirl @Sadistic Sweetheart MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat
[/div]

Last edited:
Eireen Braam ➳
It was a distraction, of sorts, this trip. Something to do with her time, something to get her out among other people, relaxing, and less inclined to think about the future. Not that it was really working so far, in that respect. Despite her best intentions, Eireen felt a bit off and overwhelmed. The prospect of going off to college and adapting to a new norm was daunting enough, but with her recent identity crisis, it was bound to be a whole lot worse. She was still excited, certainly: even before her sexuality became a factor, she was ready to move on to bigger and better things, in love with the idea of becoming acquainted with the wider world, but recently living at home felt stifling. Her parents weren't to blame - of that she was sure - and Eireen was certain that if she found it in her to trust them a bit more, everything would be fine. But she couldn't. She just couldn't. And she hated herself for it.

Eireen tried her best to tune it all out, but her options were limited. The late night trip meant that most people were sleeping or entertaining themselves however they could, and she really didn't want to disturb anyone just because her state of mind was getting a little bit negative. Even so, it was hard to ignore that her book and ambient noise soundtrack weren't exactly doing their job anymore. Disassociation was becoming less and less of an option with each new preoccupation. She was drifting unpleasantly, more caught up in her own head than anything else.

This, combined with her headphones, meant that she didn't notice right away when the bus stopped. Yelling, shifting... Eireen was unaware, and by the time she found reason to look up, a good amount of the bus's occupants were gone from their seats. She frowned, glancing out the window and started.

Did they really say we were turning around without me noticing? I must have been more out of it than I thought...

She had heard of it happening before: a couple kids getting sick and prompting a complete turn-around, usually meaning that they were hated by the rest of their peers for cutting into their trip. But, no. Plenty of people were gone - not just one or two. And the people she could see seemed just as confused as she felt. Slowly, Eireen removed one earbud out of her ear, gathered up her backpack and duffle, and moved toward the entrance of the bus. Despite the fact that there were students still present, it was immediately identifiable that others were not.

Must be supposed to go home, then, she surmised. Can't really blame the ones who don't want to, not after we've all been looking forward to this, but there's nothing we can do about... Well, whatever caused this. Maybe something's up with the bus? If that's the case, it isn't doing any good for us to stay here, in the driver's way. I'll call Mom to pick me up. We'll probably just end up setting out tomorrow or something. No use getting too upset.

Eireen leaned up against the side of the bus, selecting her mom's number. She didn't want to go home, not really, and it killed her. Her parents had never shown her anything but love, and yet she couldn't bear the guilt of being in their presence. She felt like she was lying to them. Mind, she felt like she was lying to her friends and peers, too, but somehow it was just worse with her parents. They had raised her, after all. They had done nothing to deserve this injustice.

Link Scott
Mentions: None
Interactions: Iris ( xserendipitously xserendipitously )

Outfit: x

Link walked along side her for a moment, shrugging his shoulders as nonchalantly as he could. "I know, but I want to make sure you get home safe," he said without really think about his words. Quickly Link realized what he had said and added, "That, and I wanted to see if the police know anything about why we were brought back here instead of taken on the trip." It was a stupid reason, he knew it as he said it. But Link could barely admit to himself that he might like Iris, let alone admit it to her.

At her words about being a bitch, Link slightly smiled and shook his head, afraid that if he opened his mouth again he would say something else stupid. His parents already told him enough that he had to be perfect all the time, never slip up, never make mistakes. Link wasn't sure if he could take someone else putting him down like that too. He was both happy and confused at the change in Iris' demeanor. She so easily tucked the sad emotions away and moved on as they had never existed in the first place. Link wondered if she had experience or practice in doing that, much like he did himself. But thought better about asking more on the topic.

They walked in silence for a bit longer, where Link glanced between Iris and the starry sky as subtly as he could. He bit his lip at her notion about the trip, nodding his head in agreement. "Yeah, I was really looking forward to the vacation," he replied, though didn't say why. Most people thought he had an outstanding relationship with his parents, and Link would rather people think that than know about the real story. "I'm rather excited for AP exams. Saves me from spending way more money on those classes once I get to college," he added with a grin and slight chuckle. All of his applications to every big name school his parents told him to apply to were already submitted. He hadn't heard back just yet, but knew that he would soon. If he was rejected from even one of those schools, his parents would be furious.

Link was pulled from those thoughts by Iris' mention of prom, and his eyes widened slightly in surprise. He hadn't even though to ask someone. Over the last few weeks, Link had been too busy with school, applications, and student council planning that he hadn't even thought to asked anyone to prom in the first place. Link scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "Um, well, I didn't ask anyone," he began, trying to think of a logical reason as quick as he could. One came to him that made sense and was actually true, so he said, "I'm supposed to co-host it anyway. Introduce the DJ, crown the prom queen, announce the winners of the raffle prize, all of that stuff. It doesn't really seem fair to take a date that I won't get to spend much time with anyway."

Thankfully, the two turn the corner then and the station comes into view. Link felt a bit relieved, having a new reason to divert away from the awkward conversation before. "It looks like at least someone's home," Link commented, gesturing to the cars in the parking lot and the lights on inside the building. As they approach, something immediately felt off to Link. It was quiet, almost silent, as if the walls of the station were insulated so no sound could escape. In fact, the entire town was silent. It may be because it was after midnight, but the station never closed. So maybe it was just a quiet night? Link pulled open the door and gestured for Iris to go first before following her inside. The lobby was entirely empty. No criminals waiting to be booked. No secretary answering phones. No police officers filling up their cups with coffee. It was entirely empty.

codedbycrucialstar

Katy /
Katy paces the grounds of the courtyard, nervously chewing her nails as the phone rings again and again. Once. Twice. Three times. "You have reached Cassandra Haw-", the message ends abruptly. Katy shoves her phone in her back pocket with an irritated sigh. Echoes of concerned "I can't reach my parents." - "I can't reach anybody." surround her. There is no way her mother was just missing, let alone everybody's parents. That doesn't make sense; people don't just disappear, groups of people don't just disappear! There has to be a reasonable explanation for this. Her mother was probably just still at the restaurant finishing up paperwork or something. That isn't uncommon of her , but still the fact that nobody has been able to contact anybody was starting to worry Katy.

Katy takes a shaky breath and pushes a stray lock of hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. Okay Katy, don't freak out. You're being paranoid again. She watches the other teenagers around her. A few still try desperately to reach out to anybody, but remain without luck, others are already planning a party of sorts at Gabriel's house. Go figure. Leave a group of teenagers alone for one minute and their first instinct is to party, of course. It would have been the same had they reached the campsite. Everybody knew that this trip was really just a way for all of the juniors and seniors to blow off steam before the reality of the following year can set in. Perhaps they have the right idea, to just wait it out. Relax for the time being. Everything seems strange tonight, but tomorrow is an all new day and everything would have to be back to normal then. Right?

Katy shakes her head and adjusts the duffel bag slung across her shoulder. No. Something weird is going on, and before anything else Katy should find her mom. That's priority number one. First stop home, and then if her mother isn't there she'll head over to the diner. It's not much of a battle plan, but it's the best thing she's been able to come up with thus far. Katy notices a girl she recognizes from hanging out at the school after hours. They had talked on a few occasions, but couldn't really be considered a friend. What's her name again? Elle? Elaine? No, Eileen. Definitely Eileen. Maybe I could try seeing if she would go with me to the house. It feels safer to go in pairs, as Link stated earlier. Katy takes a deep breath and knots her hands together behind her back. Don't think about it, just do it.

Katy bounces up next to Eireen. "Hi, Eileen. Any luck reaching your parents yet?"

MaeCrowe MaeCrowe

Last edited:
Lance Monteberde D. Rosas

| Location: At Luke's home. |
| Interactions: xserendipitously xserendipitously AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart |
| Music: Curious |

The gun was slightly alarming, why would you bring it if suddenly, your parents disappear? It's not like they will literally disappear, they must be somewhere hiding. Or, in the worst case scenario, dead. It doesn't really matter for Lance, his step-mother was just shitty as she didn't really care for him and wanted his step-father's money. A Group Chat would be fine with me, if the situation is dire." He felt his pants as Scarlet mentioned something about heading home. There was something wrong, he didn't have his keys with him. Like a flashback in a movie, he remembered that he left it inside his apartment, he had locked the door from the inside and shut it as he dashed towards Luke's home.

"Erm, so... I may have run into a small problem." Lance scratched his head as he didn't want to seem like a problem. "I left the key to my apartment at home and it's locked." He fiddled with his thumbs as he looked down at the floor, he didn't want to ask this but, "Can I stay at one of your homes?" Lance felt uncomfortable, it was like he worked at McDonalds for the first time, very weird and new for him. He was too focused on going to Luke's house that he forgot his keys for his own home. He was trying not to make eye contact with any of them, it was a really embarassing situation for him.
code by Ri.a

Eireen Braam ➳ Carson.aurore Carson.aurore
The call went directly to voicemail. Eireen frowned down at her phone. She had service - she hadn't expected not to, not this close to home - and her mother kept her ringer on even at night. She was a light enough sleeper that even if she was in bed, there was no real reason for her to have not heard the phone. Her father on the other hand? That was a completely different story. If her mother hadn't picked up the phone, her father certainly wasn't going to. Besides, he kept his phone downstairs at night, and it was well past the time he usually retired. She resigned herself to try her mom's number again, finger hovering just over the little "call" symbol when Katy approached.

Eireen had seen the young actress enough around school afterhours; there was only a handful of people involved in all the extracurriculars, so it was easy to identify most of them. It was even easier with her knack for names and faces, something she was forever thankful for, if only because it helped avoid the kind of awkward situation that Katy herself had unwittingly prompted.

"It's Eireen, actually," she corrected gently. She wasn't about to get snippy with this girl for an honest mistake, especially in wake of her obvious discomfort. It was just a name, not something to get upset about. Mind, she was sure that those who did get upset over that sort of thing had perfectly valid reasons, but as it stood... "An 'r,' not an 'l.' And no, I haven't, actually." She paused, the implications of Katy's question settling in. "Are you having problems, too?"

luke collins
location | at home
interactions | addy, skylar, lance
outfit |
x

tags| Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

At the mention of Skylar's gun, Luke just shrugs. There was a shotgun under the armchair in the living room. Guns don't bother him in the slightest. "Don't shoot that thing in here. I can't pay for repairs. Keep it away." Luke sighs, trying to think of how to understand the situation. What could he do?

An idea pops into his head and Luke holds up a finger to indicate a pause before heads to his room. Maybe Addy is right and the call center is just down. Maybe all of this is just some strange coincidence that has rattled them all. After all this has been a very strange evening. Pulling his rickety laptop off of his bed, Luke makes his way to the kitchen and calls his friends over to join him.

"If the call system is down then there would definitely something online about it," Luke muses aloud, flipping open his laptop screen and logging in. "Surely it would be all over the place. I mean, 911 doesn't just go dead without warning."

Luke clicks on his browser and waits. The dinosaur that is his laptop takes forever to work. As he waits, he looks over to Lance who just asked if he could stay with one of them. Luke pauses, nibbling the bottom of his lip before answering. "You can stay here if you want Lance, there's a spare room. Though I understand if you don't want to." He offers softly, embarrassed by the mess of the house. Every day when he comes home, he makes a mental note to clean. However, between his hectic work schedule to keep food in their stomachs and a roof over their heads and his school work, he never found time to clean.

A sudden ding from his laptop on the kitchen counter makes Luke jump slightly. He turns around only to be disappointed. No connection. Pulling his phone from his pocket, Luke attempts to connect through the internet that way. Still no luck.

"Guys, there's no internet. At all." Luke stutters, the slur in his voice now coming back and very apparent. Frustrated, Luke runs his hands through his hair and down the back of his neck as he paces back and forth in nervousness. "And Dad is still gone. What if he's hurt, or hurt someone?"

Part of Luke knows he shouldn't care about his dad. After all, their relationship consists of his dad beating him and then crying and feeling sorry for himself and Luke cleaning up the mess by tucking him into his armchair and slipping away out of the house for a few hours, no matter what time of night. But he still played a major role in Luke becoming who he is. Who knows what would have happened if Luke had remained an orphan in Russia?

"W-w-what do we d-do?" Luke stumbles, his face ridden with worry. "I h-have to f-find my Dad. I can't j-just let him w-wander around. W-what if something h-happens?" Usually, Luke isn't afraid to try and figure out these situations on his own. But everyone is missing, 911 is down, his dad is gone, and there's no connection to the internet. Together, they make one giant fucked up cocktail that Luke wasn't interested in in the slightest.

codedbycrucialstar

iris cohen
location | town square & the street
interactions | link
outfit | x
tags| MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat

"Hmm, not surprising." Iris comments on Link's prom plans. "Well, at least try to have some fun. Prom night is for everyone, including you. I'm saving you a dance and you'd better show. Unless you're too scared that I'll show you up?" Iris teases, doing a mildly goofy dance as they head up the front steps of the police station. As much as she plays it off, Iris truly does want Link to have fun. He's always so busy, the poor guy doesn't let himself give into the natural human desire to have fun.

Iris steps through the door that is being held open by Link and says a quick thank you before dipping inside. Immediately, her eyebrows furrow. No one is at the front desk and there's always someone at the front desk. Iris walks up to the counter and tosses her bag up on the counter. She rings the bell on the counter, thinking maybe that the person is on break. When no one answers, she rings it again. And then a third time.

"Hello?" Iris calls out. "Lights are on and no one's home?" She mumbles to herself, taking her lower lip gently between her teeth. Iris shrugs as she decides to break the rules and heads behind the desk through the gate on the side.

"If anyone asks, I was never back here." Iris says to Link with a point of her finger before she starts looking around.

At first, nothing seems out of the ordinary. The computer screen is asleep from lack of use, a dirty coffee mug with pink lipstick stains around the brim sits by the keyboard. Notes and files are scattered haphazardly across the desk top, some with phone numbers and names scribbled on the top. A half eaten ham and cheese sandwich sits on a napkin. Iris is about to give up when she finds the purse of one of the receptionists laying open on the floor with the wallet, keys, and a few papers lying on the ground. Iris picks up the bag and tosses onto the desk for Link to see.

"They aren't allowed to keep personal belongings at the front desk. Especially not wallets and keys." Iris points out, familiar with how the station works thanks to her sheriff mother. "They're also not allowed to leave the front desk unattended at any time.

Iris heads around to the front side of the desk where Link is and shivers. "Something isn't right. I'm going to see if Mom is in her office, you can wait here." Iris says, taking off up the stairs. Walking down the all to familiar hall, her heart begins to drop when not a single cop is in the offices, not a single phone rings, not a single voice or laugh can be heard. Only eerie, deafening silence.

At the end of the hall, the name Sheriff Hannah Cohen can be seen written into a bronze plate on the door to her mother's office. The lights are on and seeping under the door. With a charismatic smile and a dramatic door open, Iris steps into the office.

"Hey Mama, I'm back!" Iris calls out. Immediately, her breath hitches in her throat. The office is void of her mother. "Mom?" She adds in a softer tone, her brows knitting together in worry.

Immediately, Iris begins tearing up. Never in all of her years of working has Hannah Cohen ever left her office with the lights on, the window open, and the door unlocked. Iris goes to check the desk when she finds her mother's belongings on her desk. Her ID, her wallet, even the wedding rings that she doesn't wear on the job are all sitting on the desk. Iris grabs the phone sitting on the desk and tries her mother's cell again. Nothing but dead air. Iris' hands go clammy. Her mom's car keys are gone but the car is sitting in the parking lot and her driver's license is tucked into the wallet.

"L-Link! She's gone!" Iris calls out for her friend, her shaking hands beginning to match the tremble in her voice. Surely there's a totally valid reason for all of this, there has to be. Maybe her mother is at home and simply forgot to get her things before she left? Or perhaps she's on a job? Or maybe her parents decided to take a weekend getaway while Iris was away on the trip? Iris braces herself on the desk, her small frame trembling. Something really is not right.

codedbycrucialstar

Katy / MaeCrowe MaeCrowe

Katy's face turns a violent shade of red at her mistake and she chuckles lightly. "Eireen! Of course. Right, I totally.. knew that." her voice fades off at the end, her gaze turning to the situation around them. Mostly everybody has dispersed from the town square, retiring into the side streets. She was grateful for the girl's kindness; not everybody would have reacted so well. It seems in small towns where everybody is destined to know everything about everyone, people don't take kindly to being unknown, or at least this has been the way it seemed to be based on Katy's experiences.

Katy pulls her phone from her pocket, absentmindedly turning the screen on and off, checking each time as if one of these times will show a new message from her mother. "Yeah, I can't seem to reach my mom. I don't think anybody has been able to reach any of their family." Katy mutters distracted. "It's just not like her to not answer her phone. She always has it with her." Often, even on her nights off, Cassandra would receive calls from the restaurant, there always seemed to be one emergency or another.

"I'm thinking of checking the diner on the way home. I'm hoping she's just working late." Katy shoves her hands in her jacket pockets and rocks on her heels. "I was wondering if you might walk with me. I just have a feeling like something really bad is coming and I'd feel safer if somebody was with me." Her eyes dart to the group discussing party and tagging plans. "Unless, of course, you had other ideas."

Darius Demons
Interactions: Atticus Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart , Esmeralda @Faye, Gabriel AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal , Lilly, Miles, Millie MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat , Mirabella deianeira deianeira

tumblr_opat1g0zY51v8c7tbo2_400.gif
When Darius declared his intention to get lit he hadn't anticipated the assembly of a Scooby squad of stoners to assemble. Many of the students seemed determined to get home, or perhaps too anxious to be out at night. But he wasn't surprised when Atticus offered to come along. It was no surprise that art was one of the few classes Darius opted to check into both mentally and physically, and so he recognized Atticus from there. He also remembered his name, as it was quite distinct among the role call roster. Darius could recall thinking of pilgrims when he first heard it. The two sat on opposite sides of the class, and so they'd never really gotten a chance to chop it up. But Darius liked Atticus's vibe, and readily agreed with a casual grin, "Fasho bro~" Atticus didn't strike him as a graffiti guy, and he'd seen very little of it in Fort Arlington due to the fuckin' pigs around here that just didn't get it. "Word?" he raised an eyebrow skeptically. "That's wassup dude. I been runnin' low for a minute."

Then Gabe arrived and invited them to head over to his place. His eyebrow only bounced higher when Gabe mentioned that he knew where to catch a spot. "Word?" he repeated again, even more incredulously this time. "Shiiiit, aight. Sounds cool to me," he agreed, slightly skeptical but willing to see what the Arlington natives were all about, if only for his own amusement. Still, he hadn't really gotten a chance to thoroughly explore the town, so he would have to take Gabe's word for it. And he was interested to see what Atticus could do. "Nunna y'all better snitch though."

President Lincoln came through and told all the squares to go home, and from there the gathering began to disperse. To Darius, that was their cue to head out to Gabe's house, and he zipped up the black jacket he wore over a red hoodie. Upon looking up he had taken note of the black cloud soaked sky above. "I guess stargazin's out," he grumbled to himself as he pushed the bill of his hat down to cast a shadow over his eyes, and pulled up his hood. It turned out he wasn't the only one who didn't give a flying floating half of a fuck what Lincoln had told the others. More kids opted in to joining their session, and it seemed Gabe would be hosting an impromptu kickback at his place. Esmeralda joined under the condition of not getting painted red along with the town, to which Darius responded with a wry snicker and a playful, "No promises~"

Once the Stoner Avengers assembled, Darius had run out of patience and was ready to get the show on the road. "I'm tryna slide y'all, let's go," he announced before heading toward Gabe's house. Along the way, he passed by Mirabella and stopped at her side. He'd never spoken to her, but cheerleaders stuck out among the common folk and so he was aware of her. But he invited her along as if they were already homies. Darius nudged her arm gently with his elbow and nodded for her to follow after him. "You heard Link. It's dangerous to go alone. Come kick it with us," he said, doubtful that the cheerleader would get the reference.

Link Scott
Mentions: None
Interactions: Iris ( xserendipitously xserendipitously )

An uneasy feeling set over Link, causing adrenaline to shoot like ice through his veins. Link hadn't spent a lot of time in the police station, definitely not as much as Iris since her mother was the sheriff. But he knew it was usually crawling with people and noises. The eerie silence sat in the pit of his stomach like a stone weighing him down. Iris called out, and Link already knew that no one would answer. But he didn't have the heart to tell her. Instead, he simply nodded as she disappeared behind the counter, agreeing to keep her little act of trespassing a secret. While she poked around the desk, Link walked over to the waiting area and looked around. A few of the chairs had things sitting on them.

Getting closer Link realized they were personal items: wallets, keys, even a pair of glasses. His attention was drawn away by the sound of a bag hitting the table. Glancing over at Iris, he saw the purse on the desk. "Yeah, there are random personal over here as well," he replied, his voice calm but the metaphorical stone in his stomach getting heavier. He walks back over to meet her at the front of the desk. Link noticed her shiver, and wanted to reach out and comfort her in some way, maybe place a hand on her shoulder. But he kept his hands at his side instead. "Alright, I'll wait for you down here," he replied, watching her disappear up the stairs before turning back to the waiting area.

There was a door labeled 'Interrogation' next to the waiting area and, against his better judgement, he tried the handle on the door. Though he assumed it was supposed to be locked, the door opened easily. Link peered through, leaning around the door frame to glance down the hallway. The silence continued, and so Link stepped through into the hallway. The door across from him was open, revealing a stereotypical interrogation room like in the crime shows on TV. Two chairs sat opposite one another with a table in between. The chairs were pulled out as if the people in them had rushed to stand up. A file was open on the table with papers and photographs scattered across the table. But most unnerving was the pair of unclasped handcuffs that sat atop the table.

Link felt a bit nauseous in that moment, but kept his composure. He left and went back into the waiting room just in time to barely hear Iris' shout from the floor above him. Link took off in a run, taking the stairs two at a time. Once he reached the office, Link paused, find Iris trembling and crying in front of him. He wasn't sure what to do, he didn't have a lot of experience with crying girls. But his hesitation only last a second before he enveloped Iris in his arms in a comforting hug. Link glanced over her head at the empty office and murmured, "It's okay, we'll figure out what's going on."

codedbycrucialstar

Mirabella's heart and hopes sank with Lincoln's admission. A smile had graced his face, and his attitude suggested nonchalance, punctuated by a shrug, but she wasn't so convinced. Things were just… weird tonight, and she didn't particularly like it. The driver going back to Fort Arlington, the rain, the phone issues. The coincidences were just building up, and it wasn't exactly a fun feeling, to say the least.

As Link ran to catch up with Iris--now irate after dealing with Gabriel--Mirabella slipped her duffle bag off her shoulder and onto the slightly damp ground. Now regretting packing what seemed like her entire closet, she dug around in her luggage a bit before she managed to pull out her headphones. If she was going to walk home, she might as well have something to listen to, as the Warner family home was a good trek to the outskirts of town.

Just as she turned on her favorite playlist (now blasting a hip hop mix for the cheer squad's annual performance at the summer festival), Mirabella felt a nudge as her right and startled slightly. The face standing next to her was unfamiliar on a personal level, although she recognized it slightly. Mira must have seen him somewhere, she figured, and she was lucky enough to know that his name was Darius, stuck with a perpetual 'new-guy-in-town' status. Other than that, though, she didn't really know anything about him. In fact, Mirabella wasn't sure they had even spoken before. Well, it's never too late to start!

While she knew there was some kind of reference in his address, Mira couldn't quite identify it. Honestly, this was becoming an issue. Maybe I should get out more, she internally sighed, or just study up on pop culture. Regardless, the idea of escaping from her parents was extremely appealing. They hadn't exactly been her favorite people as of late, and spending more time at home was starting to feel more and more like torture. Thank goodness for small mercies.

Smiling slightly, Mirabella nodded. "Sounds like fun to me," she pulled her earbuds out and wrapped them over her neck, "You're Darius, yeah? I'm Mira." She appreciated his offer; while it wasn't like she never got invited to things, she was just usually too busy to get out much. Anyway, she would get to spend time with other kids her age and avoid her parents? To Mirabella, this was a total win-win situation.

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Mirabella Warner [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]Junior[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll]Mirabella's heart and hopes sank with Lincoln's admission. A smile had graced his face, and his attitude suggested nonchalance, punctuated by a shrug, but she wasn't so convinced. Things were just… weird tonight, and she didn't particularly like it. The driver going back to Fort Arlington, the rain, the phone issues. The coincidences were just building up, and it wasn't exactly a fun feeling, to say the least.

As Link ran to catch up with Iris--now irate after dealing with Gabriel--Mirabella slipped her duffle bag off her shoulder and onto the slightly damp ground. Now regretting packing what seemed like her entire closet, she dug around in her luggage a bit before she managed to pull out her headphones. If she was going to walk home, she might as well have something to listen to, as the Warner family home was a good trek to the outskirts of town.

Just as she turned on her favorite playlist (now blasting a hip hop mix for the cheer squad's annual performance at the summer festival), Mirabella felt a nudge as her right and startled slightly. The face standing next to her was unfamiliar on a personal level, although she recognized it slightly. Mira must have seen him somewhere, she figured, and she was lucky enough to know that his name was Darius, stuck with a perpetual 'new-guy-in-town' status. Other than that, though, she didn't really know anything about him. In fact, Mirabella wasn't sure they had even spoken before. Well, it's never too late to start!

While she knew there was some kind of reference in his address, Mira couldn't quite identify it. Honestly, this was becoming an issue. Maybe I should get out more, she internally sighed, or just study up on pop culture. Regardless, the idea of escaping from her parents was extremely appealing. They hadn't exactly been her favorite people as of late, and spending more time at home was starting to feel more and more like torture. Thank goodness for small mercies.

Smiling slightly, Mirabella nodded. "Sounds like fun to me," she pulled her earbuds out and wrapped them over her neck, "You're Darius, yeah? I'm Mira." She appreciated his offer; while it wasn't like she never got invited to things, she was just usually too busy to get out much. Anyway, she would get to spend time with other kids her age and avoid her parents? To Mirabella, this was a total win-win situation.
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]Happy | Link ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ), Darius ( Green Tea Green Tea )
Heading to Gabe's | Outfit: x
[/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]@undine[/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #D2975E [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/naWdKmo.jpg.jpg); background-size: 150%; background-position: 55% 30% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #683927 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #201513 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #D1C3A6; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #5a1527 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/f5f663f637f7d279e57c89bc767804c0/tumblr_pos6abo9zZ1ux1hmfo2_250.gif); background-size: 100%; background-position: 60% 50% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #683927; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #B16B39 [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #D1C3A6 [/class] [class=bla]background: #D1C3A6 [/class] [class=ble]background: #B16B39 [/class] [class=blo]background: #683927 [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: white [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

Last edited:

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
[/div]

Skylar saw Luke kind of freaking out, she walked over to him and gently rubbed his back. "Hey...we'll figure this out...your Dad won't get too far or in too much trouble." She said trying to be reassuring "This is all definite;y weird, but there has to be some sort of explanation." She stuffed the gun lower in her pants. "Don't worry I couldn't discharge the weapon right now even if I wanted to." She pulled him into a quick hug and stood among their little group and sighed. Lance mentioned needing a place to stay Skylar quickly offered her house for a place to stay. "You know you're always welcome Lance...all of you are...if anyone wants to crash at my place we can pile into my ride and head back to my house." All Skylar wanted to do at that moment was go back to her house, maybe by some glimmer of hope her parents would show back up before morning. Skylar started walking to the door. "It's late anyways we should probably get some sleep and clear our heads."

Tags: xserendipitously xserendipitously thefinalgirl thefinalgirl MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat @Sadistic Sweetheart
[/div]

Last edited:

[/div]

Gabriel was happy so many people were tagging along, it wasn't unusual for him to be able to gather large groups of people. Honestyl as long as Darius and a few other of his close friends were with him he was happy. He also didn't mind the eye candy tagging along as well. "Alright then let's get moving. It's just a couple blocks down the street." he said starting to walk towards his house. He didn't a whole lot of room but there was a fold out couch, a bed and a couch in his room, and one extra bedroom other than his Mom's room. It was a pretty small house but it was what he called home. Despite his Mother's issues she actually usually kept the pretty decent looking, stave the cigarette butts and a few beer cars and random paraphernalia lying around it wasn't too shabby.

On the way there was a bridge over the road that had a spot on the underpass begging for some tags. "Here you go." he said to Atticus gesturing to the wall. Gabe stood there with a smile on his face excited to get into some mischief. He pulled a blunt out of his backpack, looked around and lit it taking a couple hits off of it. He held it out to Darius. "Yo man, I got some good kush from my guy." he said coughing slightly. "Pass it around D." Gab never worried about sharing or even smoking out Darius because as much as Gabe smoked Darius out, Darius smoked him out just as often.

Tags: xserendipitously xserendipitously MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat deianeira deianeira Green Tea Green Tea Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart Faye. Faye. @Faye. deianeira deianeira
[/div]

Last edited:

Miles Madden
Mentions: Atticus ( Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart )
Interactions: Tiger Lily, Skylar, Gabe ( AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal ), Darius ( Green Tea Green Tea )
Outfit:: x

Miles glanced back at Tiger Lily at the mention of spray paint, noticing her relax a little bit more. She was skilled in art of many different mediums, and he had seen some of her graffiti work in pictures from St. Louis. As long as Miles got a drink and/or some weed in his system in the near future, he would be relaxed as well. So what if the trip to the camp didn't work out? They still had time off for vacation. That meant spending it doing the things he wanted, like partying, smoking, hanging out, instead of lame camp activities that had undoubtedly been planned for them. Though Miles had a temper and probably a view trust issues given the lack of parental figures throughout his life, he still would rather not participate in trust falls, scavenger hunts, and friendship bracelets.

Miles glanced at the sky, seeing it dark and clouded above. He couldn't make out the moon, let alone the stars. It was a bit unnerving, but Miles chose not to care. He'd rather not worry about things he couldn't control. He glanced around the town square again, looking for the familiar dark hair and dark clothes he knew fairly well. Miles had seen Skylar get off the bus when they had arrived, but didn't see where she went afterwards. He took his phone from his pocket and unlocked it, scrolling through his contacts until he found her name. For a moment Miles thumb hovered over the 'Message' button, wondering whether or not if he should contact her. He was still angry over how their relationship ended. But that didn't mean he no longer cared about her. Miles clicked on her number and typed out a message.

Hey, seems like some weird stuff is going on around town. Did you make it home okay?"

With that, Miles followed the others down the road, walking along side Tiger Lily as they went. When they paused at the underpass of the bridge, Miles glanced at Lily with a grin, gesturing to the wall. She offered him a small smile back, sitting her bag on the ground followed by the guitar case before walking over to where Atticus stood. Miles turned and walked over to join Darius and Gabe, pulling a flask full of whiskey from his bag. He twisted off the top of the flask and took a sip, holding it out to the two guys. "Want any?"

codedbycrucialstar

Millie Stark
Mentions: Lily, Essie ( Faye. Faye. ), Gabe ( AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal ), Atticus ( Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart )
Interactions: Darius ( Green Tea Green Tea )
x

Millie crossed her arms over just, listening what everyone else was talking about. With so many of them hanging out at Gabe's it was turning into more of a hang out session than a small get together. Millie couldn't be upset about it. When it came to drugs and alcohol, the more the merrier. A smirk hung on her lips as she glanced back at Lily. Her brunette cousin had always confused Millie. She was a paradox, so fragile yet so strong at the same time. It was strange to think that they both had been through hell and still someone came out the other side. Both were damaged in the process, but still fine if all of the cracks are ignored. Millie pushed the deep thoughts to the back of her mind. She wasn't the philosophical type. Instead, she'd rather keep her emotions locked away while her strong, somewhat bitchy facade held true.

Millie looked up as Essie approached, narrowing her icy blue eyes slightly. Essie's personality sometimes clashed with Millie's, which led to some spiteful comments between the two of them. At the moment, they were fine with one another. But past experience has shown that could change with the drop of a hat. Combined with going to Gabe's house and the awkward tension that still existed between her and Atticus, there was a fifty percent chance Millie would get into a fight before the night is over. The blonde couldn't but let out a dry laugh at Darius' notion of someone snitching. "Come on, dude. I've seen bunny slippers more intimidating than you," she said, crossing her arms over her chest, "Besides, this is Fort Arlington. There's absolutely nothing fun to do here that's legal. We don't snitch, we party."

With that, Millie took off down the street in the direction of Gabriel's house. She pulled a pack of cigarettes from the side pocket of her backpack, pulling one out and placing it between her lips. Cupping her hand around the tip of the cigarette to block the wind, Millie used her flower-patterned Zippo lighter to light the end. Tucking the pack and the lighter back into her backpack pocket, Millie placed the cigarette between her fingers and inhaled deeply. The familiar burning sensation of the smoke filled her lungs, a calming effect already settling on her body as she exhaled the smoke into the night air. Millie was the type that she'd rather get drunk and smoke cigarettes than get high. But that didn't mean she would ever turn down something that was passed to her. Millie leaned against the wall along the underpass of the bridge opposite the tagging and watched the night unfold.

codedbycrucialstar

Atticus Briggs
Under a bridge
Relaxed
Mentions: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat Green Tea Green Tea AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal Faye. Faye.

FXYA.gif

Atticus nodded at Gabe, who'd greeted him. "Hey," he reciprocated. If the other guy was going to be cool, he'd be cool too. There was no need for pointless tension or to make things uncomfortable if they didn't have to be. He'd go along with it so long as Gabe didn't do anything douchey. It was nice that he even offered his house to keep them out of the rain. Sure, Atticus would go along with this. Soon enough, they had a group forming with them. It was hard to tell if it was because of the charisma of the stoners, the proclivity for partying that all teenagers had, or a desire to not be alone. It was probably a mix of all three, if he thought about it. What he liked about this turn of events was the sense of community it created. They were a bunch of dumb kids who were sticking together for the night, sharing an experience, and then parting ways. Atticus was a collector of memories, a connoisseur of experiences. This was the sort of thing he was living for. At Darius's reaction, the long haired boy couldn't help but break a smile.

His brown eyes shifted to Lily. Or Tiger Lily if you were Miles, he supposed. "I don't think we've ever done spray paint together before," he mentioned. He'd painted with Lily a lot of times in the past, but it was usually constrained to oils, acrylics, water colors. This was a whole different beast, so he was curious to see how it'd go with the painter. He didn't doubt that whatever she did would be well done, but he was interested to see the direction she went with it. He noticed Millie joining them, but he didn't comment on it. He had seen Millie at parties and get togethers like this before and he'd learned not to get his hopes up about interacting with her. There was no reason for this one to be any different. It always felt like a vague avoidance, but he didn't want to bring it up. It was her choice if she wanted to be friends with him, after all. Atticus was pulled out of his thoughts by Esmeralda declaring that she too was in. When he saw the outfit, he was a tiny bit surprised. She knew that the point of the bus ride that they were just on was to go camping, right? It hardly made sense that she would've been wearing all that... or maybe it made perfect sense, because that was just the type of person Esmeralda was. Well, she was lucky that they'd ended up back home - her outfit was fine for what they were going to end up doing.

Soon enough, they were off. Of course, there was a pit stop first. They ended up under the bridge - a solid spot for graffiti. Atticus was maybe even a little bit impressed with Gabe for it. Glancing up at the sky, it looked like they were going to have to be a little quick about it if they didn't want to get rained on. So, he knelt down and opened up his bag, quickly taking out a half dozen spray paint bottles in a variety of colors. "Help yourself," he told his fellow artists. He was curious to see if any of the kids who weren't traditionally art kids would try their hand at it. When the blunt made it to him, he took a hit and then one more for good measure before handing it off to the next person. He picked up a bottle of black spray paint and got to work. He wanted something simple; it was more of a practice run than a final project for him this time around, though he still wanted it to be clean because his peers were watching him after all, he couldn't perform a sloppy job in front of them.

Atticus had a hair tie on his wrist that he quickly used to pull his hair back to keep it out of the way. As much as he loved growing his hair out, he would admit that it did get annoying sometimes. But he was willing to take the good with the bad. He glanced over at the other artists, curious to see what they were going to do. The brunette was working on a simple head (right) and was about halfway through. He was happy with how his piece was going so far. He did, however, keep an eye on the clouds. "Sucks that we didn't make it to camp tonight. I was kind of looking forward to it," he mentioned to the group while he worked.

Adelaide Driscoll
Luke's house
Anxious
Mentions: xserendipitously xserendipitously AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal thefinalgirl thefinalgirl MaeCrowe MaeCrowe

tumblr_pdiekvocPc1tdxyhao3_250.png

The whole explanation made sense as to why Skylar would bring a gun, but Adelaide still wasn't happy. Just because she understood the reasoning didn't mean she agreed with it. The whole thing just made her nervous. When her friends agreed to the groupchat, she nodded and took it upon herself to start one. It was a small town, but she had a good amount of phone numbers to start with and anyone could add someone else to the chat, so she figured everyone would just add their friends whose numbers she didn't have.

-Hi, it's Addy. This is a group text for everyone who just got home from the trip. A few of us can't find out parents or get into contact with them and calling 911 doesn't work. Is anyone else having these problems? Anyone know what's going on? -

She hit send and prayed that someone would answer. In the meantime, she heard Lance mention he lost his keys and Luke offered him a place to stay. Skylar suggested they all go to their respective homes, but Adelaide was reluctant. That house was creepy if she was gonna be alone in it. And she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep because she'd just be waiting for the moment her parents walked through the door. Plus, it was going to start raining and a storm would just add to the fear of it all. Fidgeting with her fingers, the redhead looked around the group. "Or, um, maybe we could all stay together tonight? I don't think I wanna be all alone tonight," then she realized that maybe Luke wouldn't want them all staying here - after all, this was the first time she'd even stepped foot inside the place. "We could go to my place if you guys want," she offered. It was then that her friend had an idea - the internet! It was sort of funny, a bunch of teenagers standing there and none of them thinking to get on their phones and google the problem. The outcome, however, proved to just make things stranger. The internet was down. She shook her head and tried to connect with her phone. "My data doesn't work either," she added, feeling a bit exasperated about every idea failing to provide them with new information.

The anxiety kicked back in. When Luke started panicking, she decided that she couldn't do the same. Instead, she decided to try to comfort him. The act made her feel better because if she focused on other people's problems and worries, she wouldn't have nearly as much time to stress over her own. The redhead reached out and took Luke's hand. "It's gonna be okay, Luke. If all of our parents are gone, it means your dad is probably with them. They're not all just gonna go missing separately. They must have all left together at the same time. Maybe the town was evacuated or something." That idea sort of made sense to her. Maybe they cut off internet and phone signal to the place too, though she had no idea why. Thank God the electricity and water were still working, though.

Skylar's offer to pile into her car was tempting. It sounded much better than them splitting up. She wanted to be with her friends. Speaking of which... Adelaide looked down at her phone and realized she hadn't checked in on anyone else because she was so concerned about Luke. "That sounds like a good idea to me, but I have to find Eireen first. I should make sure she's okay and see if she's contacted her parents," the girl explained, going to her messaged with Eireen. She sent a text.

-- have you gotten in touch with your folks? weird stuff's happening. no 911 and my parents are gone. if yours are gone too we should meet up. --

Addy wasn't sure if the rest of her friends were interested in finding the other girl, but she knew she had to or else she'd be worried. It did look like it would rain soon, so she hoped for a speedy response. Maybe she'd meet up with Eireen and they could both go to Skylar's after. Or they could go to Addy's house. She just knew she didn't want to be alone and she was doubtful that Eireen would.

Lily Atwood
Mention: Miles, Millie
Interactions: Atticus ( Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart )
Outfit: x x
x

Liliana's head shot up at the sound of her name, having been deep in thought over the whole situation at hand. Her happy pills, or 'Joy,' as she liked to call them, prevented her from worrying. But they didn't prevent her from mulling over and pondering the confusing. Lily recognized the voice as Miles and her chocolate brown eyes found him among the small crowd. He was grinning at her, and it took her a second to process the words that he had sad. Tagging? It's been a while since she had done that, at least two years since when she, Millie, and Miles took a trip to Chicago to see the sights. Nevertheless, art was something Lily was passionate about. It relaxed her, and she always jumped at any chance to create some. At the sound of Atticus' voice, she turned and met his gaze. Smiling softly, she shrugged and said, "Well, there's a first time for everything."

Almost immediately, Millie agreed to come, and Lily felt a bit of relief. At least she would have a few people there she knew and was comfortable around. Otherwise, parties usually made her anxious. Shortly thereafter, the group took off down the street in the direction of the bridge, opposite of where Millie and Lily's apartment was located. She didn't mind much. The air was chilly but refreshing, and added to the relaxation effects of her 'Joy.' Lily shivered ever so slightly, and paused only briefly to pull a black hoodie from her bag. She slipped it on before catching up with the group. Miles walked on one side of her and Millie on the other until they made it to the underpass of one of the few bridges in town. She looked up at the ceiling of the underpass, enjoying the way everyone's voices echoed off of the stone surfaces. Miles caught her eye and grinned again, gesturing for her to go and grab some spray paint from Atticus. Lily gently sat her bags on the ground before approaching her childhood friend.

Liliana crouched down as Atticus removed the colors from his bag, picking a few up to examine them. Most of her art focused on things found in nature, like landscapes, animals, and plants. Grabbing a can of black spray paint, Lily turned to the wall and pulled her hood over her head in an attempt to keep her hair out of the way. She quickly painted the outline of a
fox before grabbing the orange and white cans of paint to fill it in. As she painted, Liliana couldn't help but wonder if Atticus and Millie would ever make up or become friends again or squelch whatever it was that kept them awkwardly avoiding one another. Millie had changed a lot since they were kids. But Lily knew that deep down, she was still the same girl as she was before her mother died and her father became a workaholic. Glancing at Atticus from the corner of her eye, Lily nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I guess I was too," she replied, her voice soft and quiet like it usually was, "But at least we all get to hang out together now."
codedbycrucialstar

Luke O'Connor
Mentions: Gabe ( AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal )Kane was never one for dodging sleep and the night they left for camp was no exception. He was dreaming again. Just like before, he dreamt he was flying. He could see everything in the town and its significance in the world paled. From up there, the green of the land dominated, the glimmer of blue lakes. He was free from the ground and all its weight. It was glorious. Glorious and short-lived.

The bus shuddered to a stop, confused voices and the shouting of its driver drew him away from his dreams. Mumbling awake, Kane's eyes darted open to watch the other teens begin to get up and leave. They must have already made it to camp. In all honesty, Gabe had barely convinced him to go. The thought of being surrounded entirely by assholes for a week long period wasn't exactly appealing to him. Not to mention her majesty the Queen Cheerleader had snitched on him again, confusing whether he would even be allowed to go on the trip. Eventually the school realised that getting him out of their hair for a week was better than the alternative and caved and there he was, getting off the bus to camp.

Except for one small problem. It wasn't camp. Blinking back confusion, he almost forgot to fuck off the bus driver. Almost. Why were they back home? The same perfect square, the same perfect grass. Kane sighed quite audibly, trust the school to fuck this up. Wading through other students, he found his bag and slung it around onto his shoulder. It was wet. How long had it been sitting there? Once again, he eyed up the bus then the town with confusion.

While others checked their phones to find parents' numbers were going dead, he peered across the green to find his car sitting where he had left it. Sitting where his dad had promised to pick it up from after he left town. Strange. Unless the parents got notified they were coming back? Kane moved to get to his car but stopped. A small gang had been gathering around Gabe.

Gabe was one of his very few friends in the school. As big as Kane and probably as stupid with his life choices, they bonded strangely instead of butting heads. By extension, he knew Darius through Gabe. They weren't friends but Darius wasn't a narc so Kane was chill with him.

He peered over at his car, then back to the group that were beginning to move off in the direction of Gabe's place. "Ah, fuck it." He grumbled before jogging after the group to catch up with them. He had a cheap bottle of whiskey nestled away in his bag and someone had to drink it. He caught up to them as they cleared the bridge. "Hey, uh, you mind if I tag along man?" He muttered to Gabe. As big as he was, he still bristled at things like this.

Eireen Braam ➳ Carson.aurore Carson.aurore , Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart
Eireen frowned to herself. It was one thing to have one set of highly-responsive parents become unresponsive, a complete other to have multiple. She wasn't entirely sure she could offer Katy the security she desired, but she certainly understood the sentiment of not wanting to be alone right now. It just felt better to stick together, and besides, it didn't seem like she was going to get a ride home soon anyway. Walking at night was usually relaxing, in her eyes, but under these conditions? No, she definitely understood the desire to keep someone at your side, a desire she definitely shared. She smiled at Katy, and opened her mouth to respond to the affirmative when her text alert went off.

Huh. Guess it's not a complete dud, she thought, looking down at her phone. Against hope, she couldn't help but hope it was one of her parents - the availability of one set might be enough to dispel the tension and worry Katy had described. No such luck, as it seemed, although Eireen admitted to herself that she was more than relieved to see Addy's icon pop up on her screen. Katy hadn't said anything about any of the trip-goers being gone or injured or anything of the sort, but the atmosphere of the situation certainly called for a bit of underlying worry about such things.

"Give me a sec," she muttered to Katy, typing out a response.

--No luck. Meeting up sounds good, but Katy wants to check the diner first. Idk where you are, but we can either meet up there or afterwards? Just say where. Searching is probs a bust from the sound of it, but she wants to try so I'm gonna go along.

Eireen's finger hovered over the send button. It was already a long text, and she didn't want to lengthen it any further, but a part of her couldn't deny that the situation called for some well-wishes. Turning over possible phrases in her head, she finally tacked on a simple "Stay safe" to the end of her text. It seemed like the highest priority at the moment, at least until they gathered some clarity. She pressed send and looked up at Katy.

"Sorry about that. One of my friends was just checking in." She slipped her phone back into her pocket. "I have no way to get home anyway, and no one should probably be alone right now, so lead the way. Addy said something about meeting up, so if this doesn't pan out, you can always come with me, if you'd like." A small smile tugged at her lips, remembering the girl's earlier nerves. "In fact, I insist that you do, and I won't take no for an answer. But the diner first. Alright?"

Lance Monteberde D. Rosas

| Location: At Luke's home. |
| Interactions: xserendipitously xserendipitously AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart |
| Music: Alone |

Lance looks around Luke's home, it was slightly dirty, just like his apartment before he actually put effort into it. He was willing to clean another person's home, Lance had nothing better to do and would want to see his friends happy. He quickly turned his head to Luke's way as he offered him a spare room in his home. Lance smiled and said, "It's totally fine, I just need somewhere to stay for the night. I'd really be happy if I stayed with you." He grabbed his phone and looked at the time, it was getting late in the night. He checked his messages, his step-mom still hasn't replied to him. At this time of the night, he would get batches of messages from her, it seemed like that she didn't want to do it. He noticed Luke suddenly being scared, like it was as if his father disappeared, he had nothing or no one to be with. He walked up to him as he held his hands and said, "Luke, your dad's gonna be fine, I can feel it. He probably just went away for an event, just don't worry. If you need any support, I'm always here for you. Lance heard Scarlet's offer to stay at her home but, he rejected. "Ah, I'm fine with staying here. You should probably go home and sleep now. It's already late in the night." As much as Lance wanted to stay up all night and listen to music, he did need a good rest.

When Lance was a small teenager, he would go to libraries and read books. Besides his times in the arcade, Lance did prefer the silence and comfort of a library. He'd read at least three books for a day, he didn't have anything better to do. It was not like he could do anything better, the other kids would berate him for existing. He'd listen to some music as well, singing to himself in a soft tone and smiling. He learned to block out other voices, they had nothing to say except how he was only an orphan and that his parents never loved him. In his time there, he had met Luke. He was silent but, charming in a way. They talked to eah other about some things, then some things happened between them, and a spark flew. They were good friends, Lance would help Luke in some ways while Luke would help Lance by getting him more friends.

Lance heard Adelaide and said, "She's probably fine, she could have met up with another group and went somewhere safe." He proceeded to look at his phone, he grabbed his earphones from his pocket as he played some music. He plugged his ears with the earphones as he wanted to chill out for a bit, this situation was slightly making him stressed. Some music could help calm his nerves down. The situation was odd, were they all alone in the town?
code by Ri.a

Darius Demons
Interactions: Atticus Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart , Esmeralda @Faye, Gabriel AshleyTheNarwhal AshleyTheNarwhal , Lilly, Miles, Millie MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat , Mirabella deianeira deianeira

tumblr_oi3k946UkN1r3ssslo1_540.gif
Words could be funny, and even though Millie's burn did sting his ego a bit, he could appreciate some effective hyperbole. Besides, it's not like he went for Mr. Scary, so it wasn't much skin off his hide. Actions would reveal Darius's final verdict. "Yeah aight," he said dismissively, his tone dripping with skepticism. "I've never heard a snitch say that before," he remarked sarcastically. Snitches or not, Darius was gonna do what he wanted. If Gabe could take them to a wall that needed Daredevil to write on it, then Daredevil was gonna write on it. Along the way to the bridge, he spoke with Mira. For a brief portion of the walk, he was walking backward in order to face her behind him. He strode with such grace, one might think he was gliding across the ground and navigating with eyes in the back of his head.

A slick grin lit up his features when Mira revealed she knew his name, and any damage Millie did to his ego was negated by the stranger's awareness. "Mira?" he repeated, and was reminded of Aquaman's wife, the Queen of Atlantis Mera. "That's a dope name," he complimented before turning around to walk forward. He became vaguely inspired, thinking of tridents and mermaids and such. Having drawn devils, demons, and imps so much, Darius was always looking for fun new ways to draw tridents, and he was surprised with himself that he hadn't thought to do something oceanic until now. It seemed pretty obvious.

Once they reached the bridge, Darius pulled down his hood and took off his jacket to avoid getting paint on it. Of all the people here, he trusted the one who had specifically requested that her clothes remain unsullied by spray paint, and so he decided he would attempt to pass his outer clothing layer off to her. He draped the jacket on Esmeralda's shoulders as she passed by and facetiously reasoned, "Here. Ya look cold." As for the red hoodie underneath, he wrapped it around his waist, which left him in a crisp white t-shirt. He shivered a bit at the chill in his arms as he accepted the blunt from G. "Yup yup, thanks dog," he said idly, though he was no less appreciative that Gabe was on deck with the rolled blunt. Game respects game, and Darius respected Gabe's blunt rolling game. Plus, now he could focus on the wall.

And focus he did. As he brought the blunt to his lips and stared at the underpass canvas, he entered a sort of zen state. Darius wasn't too big on drinking, and so he politely refused with a shake of his head as a cloud of smoke poured out of his barely parted lips. "Nah," he croaked out softly. "I'm good for now, homie." Darius adhered to the stoner commandment of puff puff pass, and so he took his second inhale before passing the blunt along to Miles with a curt cough. "You tryna smoke?" he asked rhetorically, expecting that even if the answer was "no" that Miles would just pass it along. Now that the ghanja was coursing through his blood, Darius could see the wall with his super stoner senses. Darius declared, "Yo G, this a sick canvas, dude." All that was missing now was the paint.

Darius glanced down as Atticus emptied his backpack and revealed a more expansive palette than the devil had. He only had three cans at the moment: red, black, and white. And the red was running very low. So he was thankful to see that Atticus had him covered on the crimson. "Good lookin' out," he said with a grin and clapped his hands together. It was only right to share what he had as well, even if it was little. Darius crouched down and expanded the collection even further with the three cans in his backpack. "I ain't got much," he warned as he did so. What he did offer however, was an assortment of fat tips and skinny tips from the secondary pocket of his backpack. He spread them out in order from skinny to fat and arranged the cans in rainbow order as well, with the duplicate colors lined up behind each other. "Butcha don't need much to make some dope shit happen."

He took longer than the others to get started. A Daredevil piece wasn't something he just jumped into willy-nilly. What you wrote on a wall was permanent. Forever. Eternal. Unless it got painted over or torn down or some shit like that but still! He scoffed as Atticus and Lilly lamented the loss of their camping trip. "Tch. Must be some fuckin' camp," he commented with a small shake of his head. "Seniors was actin' like we were goin' to fuckin' Disneyland." In truth, Darius was somewhat disappointed too. After getting over his initial repulsion of the idea of going to camp, he was at least ready for the experience, unpleasant as he suspected it may be. Now it just felt like he'd been deprived of experiencing something new. Of course, he wouldn't lose sleep over it. As far as he could tell the universe put him right where he needed to be. The underpass. The rain clouds above. The Atlantian queen. Yup, the stars had aligned and Daredevil knew what his next piece would be.

His section of the wall was on the opposite side of Atticus. Darius retrieved a black can and began to shake it vigorously, grinning as he beheld what his peers were adding to their parts of the wall. Or the beginnings of their work anyway. "Yeah aight~" he said with a smirk, a nod, and a cryptic tone that made his feelings about what he saw unclear. Truthfully it was too early to judge. He was just being nosy and competitive. Darius turned his hat backward and stepped up to the wall. In a rather flashy manner, he began spraying the outline of the character he was giving over to this underpass, the eternal entity that would live under this bridge forever. Darius would step back and flip the can every now and then to observe his work. Like most of his favorite pieces, it was bigger than him. The basic outline of a mermaid with a thick tail curved upward formed on the concrete canvas. Long, wavy hair spread out behind her, and a dark trident was painted in her fist. Or at least the handle of it. The head of the spear would probably require a boost.

Last edited:

[/div]

"Alright guys, Ill meet up with you all tomorrow..I just want to sleep..." She said with a tired voice. She opened and closed the front door behind her. She walked down the front pathway to her crooked parked hearse in Luke's driveway and got in it. She turned the keys and drove off towards her own house. Pulling up, the sight of her parents cars in the driveway but them not being home was very eerie. Her parents never left their cars for anything. She sat in the driveway for a moment collecting herself. Or maybe she was mentally preparing herself to enter the empty house.

She walked up the path to her front door and walked in. "Hello?" she said softly knowing there wouldn't be a reply. She was right...nothing..silence. She closed and locked the door. She quickly walked to her room and collapsed on the bed, tears running down her face. Something was really, really wrong. Her hpone dinged, it was Miles. Her heart fluttered for a second. She was happy he was okay. She replied. "Yeah, just got back from Luke's, we're all pretty freaked out. No parents, no internet, we don't know what in the world is going on. I'm pretty scared." she pressed send and threw her phone onto the floor. Skylar got up and did her usual bed routine, wash face, brush teeth, put pjs on...it all felt so surreal without the sounds life going on in the background. Like her Dad on the phone working from home or her Mom watching whatever Netflix show and talking to screen. Skylar walked into her parents room and collapsed on the floor in front of their bed and cried herself to sleep.

Tags: xserendipitously xserendipitously thefinalgirl thefinalgirl MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat @Sadistic Sweetheart
[/div]

[/div]

Gabriel stood back for awhile taking puffs off of his blunt whenever it would make it's way back to him. Soon he was high as giraffe p****y, his eyes all red and a smile glued on his face. He would every so often look around to keep a watch for any people that might rat them out..but it was really quiet that night, e tried not think much of it. Everyone was having a good time tagging the wall. Every time he passed this wall on his way home he always thought it would look good with some art on it. When Miles brought out some whiskey he smiled and gladly took a swig.

After taking a man shot Kane jogged up asking to join. Gabe bumped fists with him smiling "Yeah man, for sure." she offered Kane the blunt he was holding. He walked over to Darius and Atticus and Lily and watched them while they worked. He looked down at Lily, she was really cute, kinda quiet but cute. "This looks really sweet guys." he said to them. His phone dinged, it was a number he didn't have in his phone but the text said it was Addy. It was a group text to everyone who got off the busses. More kids were missing their parents and didn't know what was going on. He replied to the group text. "Yeah, no shit that's why we're partying at the bridge off of Pine Street." he sent the message.

It was kind of awkward that Millie was joining them, especially to go to his house but he really din't mind that much. He wasn't mad at Millie, but he also wanted to spit game. Lily is cute, Essie is hot, but with Millie there he felt as though she would run back to Iris and tell her...but then again he and Iris weren't together so why did it matter? Why does he care? With that thought he walked up to Essie and stood next to hr, offering her a puff of his blunt. "You look really good tonight." he said softly. He flashed her a big smile.

Tags: xserendipitously xserendipitously MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat deianeira deianeira Green Tea Green Tea Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart Faye. Faye. @Faye. deianeira deianeira @Tato
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back