• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
VenariInteraction: n/a | Mention: Solirus Solirus

• "So this is the room, eh" Venari said, stepping into the 'testing room' or whatever the Librarian called it. From what she could tell, it looked the same as any other room, but she had a feeling this was it. "Well... now what..."

Honestly, she hadn't thought that far. She never was one for plans, but now she was left empty handed in an empty room. How do you even create a god? She had hardly any control over her powers, and 1000 years of reading and lectures hadn't helped anything. Of course, Venari was too stubborn to admit defeat, and even more reluctant to prove that stupid book-keeper's words. The will to spite him, to prove that she was an equal, no, a better to him, burned like hot pitch in her heart. Until she created some godly thing, she was not going to leave this room. However long that took...

Venari crossed her arms, thinking hard. How could you create something out of nothing. It just didn't make sense. She thought back to Tamati on the day before their hunt, as much as she hated to think back on that treachery. She had used a bone and antler to create the spear and bow. However, during the hunt she had also made beasts from nothing.

"Dammit! If that pathetic goddess can do it so can I! I have her powers!" Venari hissed, growing impatient at her lack of ideas and progress. There had to be a way. She would make a way. This power was inside her, and if nothing would present itself, she would force it to. With her usual recklessness, she grabbed an arrow from her quiver and dug it into the flesh of her arm.

Blood welled up around the god-killing arrow, staining its pearly surface in a deep crimson. It rushed from the wound, much more quickly than Venari expected. She could feel the life of her slipping away, spilling onto the floor until it rose up to her ankles. This was too much, but she couldn't stem the tide. Dropping the arrow, Venari pressed her hand to the wound and felt the hot, sticky blood squirm between her numbing fingers, as if fighting them. The amorphous pool below her twitched and spasmed without rhythm, like the death throes of an animal.

More of her divine essence poured out, hungrily consumed by this disgusting maw of red. By now it was twice her size, its hunger insatiable. Bound to her in a flowing link of red, it pulled on her arm, impatient. Venari dug her heels into the ground and fought against it, gritting her teeth and snarling. The struggle created cracks in the ground, but the blood showed no signs of yielding.

She could almost imagine the smugness on the librarian's pseudo-face when he found her corpse. He'd shake his head, reassuring himself of how poorly mortals adjusted to divinity. As if his own shit existence was divine from the beginning. Gods, if anything made her want to live, it was to spite that pompous bastard. There was no way this gooping mess was going to let that glorified book hoarder outlive her. She was going to complete her hunt, and then she would come back for him. Nothing was going to stop her. Nothing.

The huntress struggled again, which only made the mass of blood swell. Her vision grew fuzzy. She was losing too much blood to keep this up for much longer. Stubborn as ever, she kept fighting, until she was overcome by a strange, betraying feeling. A thought rose up on its own; release your grip. It was insane, suicidal, but she could not hold back the instinct. Going against logic, she relaxed her arm. Touch it. Fighting the urge to draw away, she let the disgusting mass of blood wash over her arm.

Withing the Library

The voice of Khades would echo throughout the Library, yet the response he got was null… nothing, it was certainly eary, the creatures previously created by Pandora were nowhere to be seen, almost as if they were removed…

Soon the silence would be broken by a set of footsteps, which were obviously approaching Khades’s location eventually. Slowly but surely the steps grew louder and louder until the sound of the steps seemed to be right in front of Khades…

“Welcome to the Library stranger… I apologize if there is no one here, but no one has particularly used this specific entrance so it looks abandoned in this area.” A voice suddenly asked Khades right where the sound of the steps stopped. “The name is Jerry. High Scholar Jerry if we are being formal… I… ummm… Oh dear goodness I am so sorry…” The voice said once more before a man slowly began to fade into view.

bNbPESh4Pex14Hgp9fi_HhnbwhgUWenTT0HRyuqlKw_rWGlg7X2jBlI9Dg2hfVi6_Za6aADbwCoWN3yActCrx8T3zSOnu9QQ0UtCkCjmblsoLXyeWHLg3ATbb-LbVrAycSuFvVYy

“I deeply apologize for this behaviour, I tend to walk around invisible that I sometimes forget to turn it off… Anyways, The name is Jerry, Pleasure to meet you” Jerry said extending an arm forward, greeting what he thought to be someone looking for knowledge or someone who was completely lost.

Interactions: jmann jmann

• Khades.jpeg
    The air was thick here. The long halls of books barren of life. Pandora had become ignorant of her library, as strange as that sounded. Khades ran his hand along one of the shelves. The books here had not been moved in decades or even centuries. Khades continued to walk slowly, closing his eyes and focusing on any sound besides his own footsteps and the faint sound of rustling leaves behind him.
    He heard it. Another set of approaching feet. Khades opened his eyes and found no one. It was not Pandora or any other god he recognised; their aura was different. Khades focused a minuscule amount of his energy into his eye and looked again. A faint outline revealed a human approaching. As soon as his gaze became fixed on the figure, they stumbled ever so slightly before regaining their posture. Khades refocused the energy back into his hand. The man disappeared again until he spoke.
    Khades scowled. This human had no idea what he was doing, walking around invisible when it seems there would be nobody to see him anyway. And why was this entrance not used? None of this was making sense.
    “Speak sense, boy. Where is Pandora? Will she not grant me counsel?”

• Aaaaah.... it took every ounce of restraint left in me not to turn that little flaming pebble into a flaming pile of dust. I simply rolled my eyes as I allowed her to ramble. Khade's sacrifice allowed the world to heal? Fleeing my responsibility? No, no. I was simply the only one that remembered my responsibility. Things had their place, be them mortals or gods. If I admonished those who wronged me, I was a villain, if I held my word to a bargain I stroke I was a liar, if I avoided a pointless fight so as to not incur in inevitable defeat then a coward and if I listened to the mortals that requested in the proper way and the proper notion, then I was "avoiding my responsibilities". Hah! Is it not just to give everyone what they deserve? Then why ought I to bless those who didn't earn those blessings? Why ought I to honor a broken bargain? Why ought I to permit that slights against me be thrown around?

The minor goddess left at last, after insulting me a few times more, some direct insults, and the others the implications that I was attempting to control my fellow gods. As if she truly understood the first thing about godhood, about dignity. She was like the furthest stick pulled right from the edge of the fireplace, telling that fireplace that it shed neither light nor heat. I turned to the two other gods present after the minor one left.

"Either of you are free to take that one's advice. Particularly you, goddess of ice, as an equal of mine it is not my place to dictate your choices. I do agree Estus is the trustworthy sort- he knows of his duty as a god, I've witnessed it with my own eyes. As for Dyne, no amount of witnessing will ever assure me I know the full story, rather fitting for her domains. Follow either if you wish. I've honored by every agreement however, and today even though I was provoked to such extent, I still withheld my wrath. I request nothing more than that you be witnesses to what you've seen with your own eyes, and heard with your own ears."

I sighed, then excused myself at last back to the party. Truth be told, I wanted nothing more at this moment than to return to my realm and squeeze a certain magmatic servant in my palace. That said, as I mentioned I did honor my agreements, and there was one which, much to my disgrace, was currently waiting for me while casting minor burping curses on the nearest cakes.

"Have you no shame?" I inquired. Koma turned back to me, half scared and half grinning. Rather fitting. "The business seems to be over with, for now. No doubt I will be hearing more from her some time or another. And from her creator as well. Worst case scenario, I'll need the Omua at the ready, and my tome. And perhaps some large bow I can shoot you from to lighten my mood."

She just started laughing, as usual.

"Oh, oh that's a good, that's a good one! Hahahaha! Shoot me from hahahaha! Well, lighting the mood is my specialty! Lets see!" Koma snapped her fingers, and several lit, dancing candles appeared around me. I sighed.

"Of course you would say that..."

Granblue.Fantasy.full.2094613.jpg
    morois-png.586644

thumb-1920-924239-jpg.792594

Interactions: jmann jmann (Trynyrac) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Talvi) Solirus Solirus (...)
Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Estus) Damafaud Damafaud (Dyne)
Might Also Want to Read: N/A

Jerry

1609441783251.png

Jerry looked at the individual with a dumbfounded face... "Who are you referring to again? I don't believe a Pandora has entered the Library before, unless she went under my radar which is weird on it's own... give me a second to check." Jerry flicked his hand to summon a book which he promptly opened to skim through...

"pandora... pandora... pandora....... nope I don't see the name anywhere..." Jerry looked dissapointed as he closed the book exploding into magical dust. "I'm deeply sorry sir, but no one by the name of Pandora has entered the Library before, if there is anything else I can do for you please tell me."

Interactions: jmann jmann

Not letting this die dammit

Khades
This Jerry had no record of Pandora, of the goddess that built and maintained the library. Perhaps they exchanged hands while Khades was meditating, though Pandora was stubborn and it was unlikely she would part easily with her library.
“You dishonour your library by forgetting her name. Who is in charge of this place? Find them and tell her that Khades seeks counsel.”
Khades knew he would have missed many events, but the disappearance of Pandora? It made no sense. She was supposed to guard this library until the end of time, ensuring everyone had access to the limitless knowledge harnessed within. Who maintained the library now? Had they hidden evidence of their predecessor?
No…” the realisation was not immediate, it came to him gradually, pieces of it fitting together chunks at a time. Pandora was not gone. There was no way she would enable someone who obscured knowledge to take up her legacy. It was a deception. Khades knew his history, and he knew the chance of Pandora actually providing him counsel was slim. If she refused to talk with him, he would not beg for it. She could learn who he was in one of her books.
“Nevermind that, Jerry, I apologise for my behaviour.” Khades turned and walked towards the exit, “and give Pandora my regards.”
Khades left the library back into the tropical land, the change in the scenery a dramatic shift. The birds had stopped humming for a moment, the magic of the portal put them on edge, it must not have been used for hundreds of years. In time, they sang again, and by that time Khades had already marched back towards the beach. The Tideforger was still there, blasting fish with scalding water and snatching them in its maw. Khades leapt atop its back and played a tune for his destination, the human kingdom, and the party of Dyne.

Interactions: Solirus Solirus

• Still clinging to her branch, the little sparrow kept her wings shut. There was no way she could leave this place. The pain... the shame! Morois was surely lying to say she was of equal status. She didn't want to believe it, but the alternative was even harder to accept. Perhaps she should make a burrow and forget everything?

In the middle of her plans, something stirred in her garden. Sana'a fluttered to a lower branch to investigate this new disturbance. It was none other than Kiru Rapture, the first deity she had befriended in this realm. Yet Sana'a did not see him. To her, a different yet familiar face loomed over the thickets of thorns.

3aeb140527fefaca0858299e0731b47d.jpg
    Zythis stood hunched in the clearing, his back lopsided and broken. Tender flesh sloughed from his bones, hanging on by bits of dried sinew and skin. The air permeated with the stench of rotted brain matter and bile. Their jaw hung limply from their skull, rattling as their long snout turned towards the goddess. "sAn..A..a..."

Sana'a stumbled backwards, almost falling from her branch, "No...no...You're dead! You're dead!"

The wolf's rotting lips drew back in a wolfish grin. They cackled, scattering twitching maggots into the ash. 'Zythis' continued to laugh until the laugher caught in their throat and they began to choke and gag. Black fluid poured from their mouth and she could hear their lungs wheeze from the moth-eaten holes that littered them.

"No...no...You're dead! You're dead!"

To Kiru, Sana'a would now be easy to find in the trees thanks to her shout. She was crouched upon the branch, back into her human visage and holding onto her eyes to block the horrible vision. Her tears welled beneath them, crashing onto the thorns below her and making them blossom like weeds.

A large lump welled up Zythis's throat, like a soft egg of flesh, until it burst out of his mouth. His broken jaw fell to the ground, laying just beside a twitching mass of black. It looked like a woman, but with a long skeletal tail and curving horns. They were half eaten, but Sana'a could easily recognize the remains of Shal.

"ₛₐₙₐ ₐ" she breathed, crawling forward with a stump of an arm, "Wₕy dᵢd yₒᵤ ₗₑₜ ₘₑ dᵢₑ?"

"NO! I DIDN'T!" Sana'a cried, pressing her back into the trunk of the tree in an effort to get away. Her eyes were wide and terrified, looking directly towards Kiru yet never seeing him. Thorned vines were creeping up the tree, twisting over her feet like snares. "I'm so sorry."

Zythis continued to gurgle, picking up his lost jaw with long fingers. He shoved it back into his skull with a click then dropped down onto all fours. Slowly, he began walking towards the tree Sana'a hid in. She could see the emptiness of his stomach through his threadbare ribs and strings of saliva plopped from between his missing fangs.

"S-stay away from me!" Sana'a yelped, diving from the tree and into a bush of thorns. Her form twisted into a deer mid leap, and even as the burrs tugged at her fur she kept going.

Jerry
1613400288083.png

The Scholar at first looked confused, he didn’t know what the stranger was talking about or who he was talking about. The stranger however didn’t stop there, he got upset even angry while Jerry simply gave a light smile while trying to keep eye contact with the stranger.

The stranger eventually calmed down and seemingly gave up almost as if he removed a weight from his shoulder and proceeded to leave from where he had come from.

Jerry didn’t break sight and kept his smile until the door was shut again, in that instant Jerry fell to his knees gripping his heart, “Who the hell was he… ” Jerry breathed heavily accidentally dropping his book, “his presence was crazy… I’m lucky I didn’t just faint… ” he kept breathing hard… with his other hand he made a small gesture summoning a turquoise magical energy that enveloped his body before dissipating… Jerry felt calm and relieved now taking a slow a deep breath, he reached out to grab his book and stood back up, “... I’ll need to head to the Librarian they must know who that thing was” with that said, Jerry casted another spell disappearing from sight and heading to seek out answers

jmann jmann

KIRU RAPTURE

Kiru Rapture stepped forth from a large, metallic, black door, inky fog rolling out over the ground from the new entrance into the world. There was only darkness behind the door, only an eternity of void. Kiru finished walking from the door out onto the sand of Sanaa’s world. An endless sea of thorns covered the world, and all Kiru could see was death. This place was comfy, Kiru thought to himself, adjusting his coat and checking his pocket watch for a moment. As he thought, time was next to meaningless here. The God of Death and Transportation waved at the door for a moment, the entrance suddenly disappearing in a flash of light.

Kiru examined the way ahead for a moment and then started walking, directly into the thorns. The thorns did not part for Kiru, no they tried with what power they could muster, to hold him back. And yet, the thorns withered and died. This was not a place of life, Kiru Rapture was sure of that; No place for a goddess like Sana’a. He continued on into the eternal bramble, feeling he was coming closer to the goddess of life. Kiru could hear faint screaming in the distance. It was not Sana’a. All around him the screaming echoed faintly, maddening to mortal ears. Kiru was by no means mortal however, and the screaming did nothing for the man.

After an hour of walking in human terms, Kiru found her. Sana’a, the form of a small and pitiful sparrow her visage. Kiru sighed and looked at her for a moment. She reverted back to her human form and the god of death could see the terror in her eyes. Her form was small and emaciated, dried blood and fresh cuts along her arms and legs. Yet she still shone with a divine beauty Kiru could not begin to describe. Kiru strode into the clearing and was about to bring his hand up to his mouth to cough, a way of possibly getting her attention, calming her somehow.

Kiru’s appearance did no such thing however and the goddess was most certainly not calm. Sana’a bolted, transforming into a deer and sprinting from the clearing in a panic. Kiru watched her leave, then he continued walking in her direction, a road now forming wherever he went, solid concrete, 2 lanes, and the occasional tree on the side to make the journey more pleasant. He would not let her get away easily. No, Kiru would find and help Sana’a, if it was the last thing he did.

Juju Juju

Users who are viewing this thread

Back