• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

As Estus looked around the party with a tempered expression, he found that one of the other deities took note of him immediately and approached with an air of slight distaste wafting about them. Pale skin complimented by red colors and flames seeping from various parts of their form, Estus was immediately reminded of the colors of his forge. Once they spoke, the cause for their demeanor became clear. Estus had been unaware that he had a forebear who brandished a similar title, and found an eyebrow raising immediately upon hearing of their previous actions. He gave a hum of thought as this deity introduced herself as Matron Trynyrac, and soon set the base of his hammer on the ground beside him as he rubbed his thumb on its handle in thought.

"In a layman's terms you would be correct, Matron." Estus conceded "In addition to crafting the tools of the future, I ensure that the creations of the present are strengthened and reinforced. With my influence structures can be made resilient tenfold, but that is never an excuse not to continue working to forge new works as well."

Turning back to her, he gave her a once over before looking down to his palm, "I know little of my forbearer, but would hope not to see the notion of eradicating a species in a favorable light." he lowered his hand as he shook his head "The task seems far too wasteful to be undertaken without probable cause."

Almost as soon as he finished speaking, the apparent host of their assembly arose. Clad in a simple white dress and matching hat, the host spirited away the furnishings for the tea party before welcoming them. As a pleasant surprise, they seemed eager to cut to the heart of the matter. It was a sentiment that Estus was grateful for, as the urged the very clouds around them to weave intricate tapestries that unfurled before them showing scene after scene that stoked the buried concepts that Estus knew lied within him. As she explained, Estus approached the tapestries, walking around and viewing them as details began forming solidly. Ideas became realized, memories were filled out the more he watched, and gradually the confusion he'd had with him since his creation began to melt away under a wave of comprehension. This was exactly what he'd been hoping for, this was what he'd specifically sought at this assembly. If the host, Dyne was to be trusted, he would know more merely by examining them further.

Then came the announcements, both relating somewhat to beings that Dyne labeled as Humans. Estus felt that sensation again, that he should know what she was talking about. As she spoke, he let this feeling draw him towards one of the tapestries, focusing intently as he found his knowledge of that particular race fill out. Soon he closed his eyes, they were one of her original creations. Apparently it'd be the first time in countless years since they'd walk freely. It was hardly a concern to Estus, but he would keep such information in the back of his mind as he continued observing the tapestries.

In fact, he'd have to keep in mind that thing about the knowledge crystals, there was already plenty set before him that he wished to bring with him, if for no other reason than to pass along to the Ruvon. With this much inspiration and knowledge, who knew what kind of inspirations they could achieve?

But in response to Dyne's demands, Estus did turn to face her, "I find no reason such requests would be hard to fulfill." he stated with a nod "Unless I was called upon by beings in that area, I doubt I'd draw near it anytime soon. But to display gratitude for this wealth of knowledge, I shall take caution when dealing with such a locale as long as I can expect such a courtesy in return."

With his word given, Estus resumed his studying of the tapestries, eager to absorb as much of their offerings as quickly as possible. There were still other things to take care of after all, though many of the events on the tapestries clued him in to the old gods that were in attendance, he'd need confirmation on where they stood currently to solidify his opinions. Then there were the New Gods like him who didn't have information given by the tapestries, there was still plenty of investigating he would need to do before this event was over.

• I shook my head at her question.

"None created our new equals. They were simply formed, perhaps from remnants of those who fell. Their legacy, or perhaps their descendants, if you will. Yet the work of creation is not so hastily done. They are crafting their own godlings as you put it, but crafting mortals as well. I just came from one such craft, in fact, but that is a conversation best reserved for another time." Truth be told, my hands still shook slightly, though I did my best to keep them still when Sana'a gazed in their direction. I had a feeling, one boiling in my stomach as the tension did throughout the rest of me, a feeling I couldn't quite name.

Despite my efforts, Sana'a was still insisting she couldn't help, that she would hurt the mortals rather than help them. She also threw in a nice little bit of praise though, so I made use of that to smile.

"Very well then, Sana'a, you need not remain in the mortal realm. Our great work follows our will, not our place. Consider this an invitation to the place which I have built, Akashir, whose halls honor us gods and record in dreams what could have been, and which always stands above the highest clouds of the mortal realm, and we can observe it from up high. You can rely on my assistance, while you fix those things which need repair. If the might of one goddess is not enough, then two certainly shall be! Come when you feel prepared, no, come far earlier than that. Akashir shall await and welcome you. There even is a room prepared for you already."

I observed as my fellow goddess caressed my hands, those four long, decrepit, ugly, horrible hands on arms just as terrible. Was she not holding them with such care, I would have probably brought them back into me, never to be seen again if I could help it. Yet I did not laugh along with her when she claimed she couldn't heal me. Not even when her own tears contradicted her claims, and sealed the very wounds of my divine form.

"What are you talking about." I brought a hand to her cheek. "Look, observe! What your might just accomplished, on its own, without even your need to command it. How much more good you could do by aiding this world with your own action!"

I sighed, and stepped away, allowing her to see my arm. Then, I turned around.

"I'll say it again: It is our privilege to act within our whim- and so I have no right to drag you out of this place. But it also our duty to live up to our embodiment- and for that reason I shall continue returning until you decide to return to your duties of your own accord. You are mightier than you give yourself credit for, after all you ARE my equal." This time, I did chuckle a bit. "Now then, I suppose I should go get ready for a certain tea party."

With that declaration, I snapped my fingers and vanished from the place, disappearing off to Akashir. Perhaps it would have been a safer bet to do what I was about to do from my realm, but I did not wish to disrupt the souls in there. Sana'a should still be processing what I said, ways yet from coming to Akashir. I had, at the very least, a few moments. I looked at my hands. The wounds were closed, but they still shook. All at once I felt all that pressure rushing through me, like a river inside my body shaking violently in my chest until it finally returned to my throat as I fell to my knees.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I wailed back and forth, fingers opening and closing, just trying to get a grip on the current situation and everything rushing through me. My breathing felt heavy though I didn't need to breath, I felt so tired though sleep was foreign to me, and I finally understood the meaning of raw, visceral pain. I gritted my teeth, and slowly rose up, then slowly brought those four ugly arms back into me, or at least I was doing so until I felt a poke.

"Who..."

I was met with a large, cheeky grin the moment I turned.

"Oh, that was sooooo precious!" Koma chuckled, as she always did. She held a small mirror in her hand, which flashed silent scenes of my pain just now, and my talks with Sana'a. "Now, I wonder who I should show this too first. Oh, it'll be hilarious!"

She giggled. I frowned.

"You wouldn't dare." She put a finger on her chin.

"Maaaaaaybeeee.... Who knows, maybe if I'm distracted I'll "forget" to show it to anyone. Oh, but whenever I have fun someone comes to cold me...." She did all these really theatric, overdramatic gestures in-between her giggles and her wink at the end. I could, of course, tell what her aim was: To get me to turn a blind eye to her during the tea party. It was enfuriating to deal with her as is, but to have to woefully ignore her... but if I let her do all that, things might really turn for the worse with Sana'a, imagine if she found Koma was spying the whole time! "Oh, and let me accompany you with. It's been forever, no?"

I growled, but was forced to nod.

"Fine. I shall take a loss this once."

I expected then a swarm of bats appearing behind me to announce the last of our group who would come to join the tea party, Aimas. She was not yet here, however. Was she still with Kiru? One of my equals, and a god of death at that... I could still feel her domains intact, so the conversation had probably not turned hostile at least. I looked behind, hoping to see even a trace of her shadow, but it seemed as though I would have to go forth without her this time.

"Eep!" I squealed when I felt Koma grabbing my arm and leaning into it with a grin. I resisted the urge to growl again, and instead released the scroll I received as an invitation. It transformed into a paper dove, flying off into the distance, presumably to the party's location. Myself and Koma both took after it in flight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse our tardiness." I declared as myself and Koma approached the site. Rather than a tea party though, the decorations seemed a lot more...esoteric perhaps? There were a number of faces here though, most unfamiliar, though I did at least give a nod to the god of the forges, before turning once more to the goddess of drama. "I'm afraid I had some urgent business to attend to first. Should I congratulate you on achieving your new domain, Dyne? Or perhaps you'd prefer I give you some praise for the interesting ways in which you've been guiding your masterpiece?"

morois-chibi-backgroundless-png.779301
    morois-png.586644

morois-cool-backgroundless-png.783870

Interactions: Juju Juju (Sana'a) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Estus) Damafaud Damafaud (Dyne)
Mentions: jmann jmann (Trynyrac) Selee-01 Selee-01 (Surtir) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Talvi / Gazzath) Kenji Jensai Kenji Jensai (Darya) Nessi Nessi (Safi) Remembrance Remembrance (Malefar) Solirus Solirus (...) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Kiru)
Might Also Want to Read: N/A

... More arrive... A Pile of bones... Amon’s bones... Detz particularly likes Amon... many did... just like Sana’a... Another Portal opens... A forge God... he has a maul... Mortals use weapons... Gods don’t need to use weapons... our creations will always be weaker than us...

There is another god... ice... how annoying... She’s turning patches of the grass into ice... that’s... it doesn’t matter... She’s certainly nervous... I don’t move my head... but I stare at her for a second and look back at everyone else...

Dyne begins talking... she’s really talking a lot... she’s explaining her tapestry... she wants to get into everyone’s good side... She’s talking too much... I forget how prideful she is... She never seemed to have difficulties being a new Goddess... Humans are being let out... at least they won’t travel to where I am... she’s now possessive of her territory... Detz wouldn’t take her seriously... Detz normally takes no one seriously... She’s threatening us... how annoying... I pay no attention to what she says... it doesn’t really matter... she might get more enemies than allies with bold statements... I can’t understand these Gods...

Looks like Estus is taking her seriously... these Gods underestimate themselves... Morois arrived... Koma just arrived... both are annoying... Detz seems to like Koma... but also thinks she’s repetitive many times... Morois is trying to be positive towards Dyne... usual... She doesn’t recognize me... good... less things to worry about... she might be able to tell something if she looks close enough... I don’t care...

I don’t bother looking at the tapestry... it’s annoying to look at... I look at the table... I look at the sky by tilting my head upwards... it’s not really a head... some birds are flying... I keep staring... It’s annoying but I’m listening... always...

Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal Idea Idea Damafaud Damafaud GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Nearby: Gods in Tea party

Sana'aInteraction: Idea Idea | Mention: All them party people
"New gods... and made just like we were?" Sana'a thought back to the invitation she had received from Dyne, realizing the party must be to help them on their way. The look in her eyes swirled, something like faint curiosity and longing. "Akashir...? A room for me? I don't know..."

Knowing how she had wounded Morois made the offer seem less appealing, at least until she realized what had happened. Sana'a looked up when Morois touched her face, blinking in disbelief at the flesh made whole once more. "I... I did that!?" Hope? Is that what swelled in her chest? She both adored and detested it, a fragile light begging to be snuffed out. Part of her wanted to reject it, while the others knew she could not. How could this be!

Sana'a looked at her hands, opening and closing them. She was very confused. If her tears possessed such healing qualities then should the earth beneath her not flourish? As if to check, she glanced at her feet, seeing the same ash that had always been there. Perhaps it was only now that she could? She was consumed by her thoughts, mulling over everything Morois had said, and barely had time to say her farewells before the other goddess poofed away.

"Ah... I forgot to ask where Akashir was..."

Somewhere else...
A sliver of black fell from Morois when she teleported back to her home, softer than a flake of fresh ash, smaller than even the ants. It was a single grain of pollen from those painful blooms. Hardly a thing of notice to a god experiencing her first encounter with pain.

It landed lightly upon the floor, dancing in the waves of air made by the purest of screams. Finally it grew still, inert, a speck of color on the floor of Akashir. It stayed where it was as the two divine beings of Koma and Morois talked. The younger of the two moved often, poking and grabbing at arms, shaking off more of those tiny pollen. Two more joined the first on the floor, making their homes wherever the air grew still. A third became wedged in the colorful fabric of Koma's sleeve. By the time the two gods teleported to the tea party, all had almost doubled in size.

The last of the pollen were shook off by the warm breeze circulating through Dyne's garden, three of them in total, finding themselves in nearby flowers and plants of all sorts. There they clung, patiently awaiting the night. Or perhaps something else.
Idea Idea

"Ah... it's no use..." Sana'a sighed after trying her best to force one of the thorned vines to move with her divinity. As always, she was met with the same depressing result. Why did she think it would be different? "A...at least my tears can still heal! I- I can do more than I could yesterday!"

Her attempt at staying positive was swallowed by the silent gloom, deafening now that Morois had left. She felt compelled to talk, to banish the silence for just but a few precious moments more, but every time her words faded away she felt the next ones feel smaller and smaller until she was mostly whispering. "She really didn't feel pain? Sha... o-others did... so why...?"

She lied. An alarming thought, but one Sana'a easily shook out of her head. There was no way. Why would she go through all this for a lie? There was no way. Sana'a carefully held out a finger, bringing it towards one of the brightly colored thorns. The edge bit into her flesh eagerly, sending her back with a small flinch. Even when you had them attached to you for 1000 years, you never fully got used to them. "I guess I'm not as strong as Morois yet..."

Never was, her mind added. Never will be.

"Who am I kidding..." Sana'a sighed, sitting down on the ground, hugging her knees. She glanced at her dirty, wounded flesh, still bearing the marks of thorns. It felt strange to have them off, empty and too light. She wasn't sure if was from losing a part of herself, or having made room for something else. It was sad to think she had gotten so used to the thorns that she forgot what it was like without them. They had persisted for so long, resisting all her own tugs and gnawing yet Morois had taken them down without much of a struggle. "How can I fix any of this when I can't move a single vine?"

Akashir, she remembered. Morois did say she could help her... but... did she really want to go there? Did she really deserve it? The new gods were fixing and building things with much greater skills than she ever could. Maybe they didn't need her. Sana'a glanced around at the ruin of her home. Would she only ruin the home of Morois?

Akashir... where was it? As if to answer, she glanced to the North-West, feeling an odd sense of certainty. Somehow she knew it was there, like part of her had already made it. Her limbs were free of thorns, allowing for flight if she truly wanted to. Better check. She shifted into a sparrow and flew upwards, higher and higher as she dared. The mists swirled in her wings, violet and grim. The world below her was fading. What did the world look like beyond this mist? Glimmers of light flickered in the distance, life as she saw it. How many of her kin had died. Who was left? How could she face them? Worse, how could she see the emptiness between. All their creations, abandoned or worse. In the far distance was Akashir, beyond the seas of Xue. It was so far away.

"Nononono! I can't! I can't!" Sana'a whimpered, flying back down to the familiarity of the dead gardens. She perched on a bare branch, her tiny feathered chest heaving and her eyes wide. "I cant do this!"

KIRU RAPTURE

Kiru Rapture chuckled at Aimas before bowing and offering her a seat. A chair appeared next to Kiru’s own and after finishing his bow he said “It's a procedure sort of thing, If I say it every time someone visits, I'll never forget to say it. I don't need your weapons or Godly power haha, forgiveness granted.”

“Have a seat child of Morois, Or don't, either way is fine, it's not like you'd get tired or anything. So Morois wishes to discuss things with me? Sounds like a good time, I will definitely be attending the Tea Party, pray tell, will you be coming there as well?”

Kiru put his hands together and waited for a response from the goddess. She was an attractive sort Kiru had to admit. She was small and petite, classic vampire/Monogatari style and her blonde hair flowed like a golden river down her shoulders and over her chest.

Kiru himself was in a two piece suit and still, as always, had his mask on. The scar across his face manifested itself on his mask, a constant reminder of the opening moments of his existence.
Before I go I have business with an old friend of mine, Sana’a. It's been ages since I last saw her, any news on how she is doing?”

DON MATHUIN

Don’s face was unperturbed, he was handling the situation rather well in his own opinion. She might have been on the verge of attacking, but so far she hadn't actually tried to kill Don, which was a good sign. He’d been expecting hostility definitely, I mean, hell he was just some random dude who claimed undeath and patronage of the gods.

Don was comfortable in his seat and was staring at Renna with open and inquisitive eyes. He was taking in the details he could see getting a sense of her visually and remembering who she was. She was quite pretty, but exuded a sinister aura. He needed her help, however and no matter how suspicious her air was he couldn't afford to take no for an answer. He knew his duty was important and if she was a part of his strange destiny then he’d have to get her on his side.

“I'm well armed, I admit it, I have many weapons on my person, but if my intent were hostile I would have not let you know of my presence so easily. Trust at the very least that my intentions aren't hostile.”

The Death Saint could tell the girl was uncomfortable with his presence, put on edge by his very presence. This in turn, made Don slightly uncomfortable and his eyes narrowed as he realized she had become frustrated. “White oozing thing? Is that seriously the sign that's supposed to tell you we share interlocking destinies? Is that really what's off enough about me to tell you I'm significant. Just fucking great! Thanks a lot Kiru Rapture, much appreciated!”

Interlocking his fingers as he watched Renna speak, he came to the conclusion she was mad with him. Don looked at her with a serious face and said “Well, I've only fought em a couple times I must admit but i've plenty enough combat experience to take the fight to the undead. Being an undying warrior helps in that regard as well. As for that place youre talking about, the one you gave everything to escape from, I have no idea what youre talking about. I don't see why this idea of mine seems so bad to you though, doesn't look like you're doing much as of the moment anyways, and did I mention its a government job as well as a divine role? The Maduin government personally supports each Death Saint as much as duly possible.”

He was reminded of the dark corridors and tall spires of The Maduin capital and shuddered slightly, still unnerved by the strange architecture and gothic aesthetic of their world. He flinched knowingly when Renna zapped the fly, jerking slightly away into a better sitting position on the barrel. “The Maduin government understands I'm a Death Saint, they will support us in our endeavors and if you're still unconvinced after this conversation, they'll verify that I'm chosen by Kiru Rapture through the Church of the Void or Furell. If that's not enough to convince you I'm legit then nothing will work.”

Don then untangled his hands and got off the barrel taking a step towards Renna. “The whole point of this fate, this job, this lifestyle even, is to help people, those who need it most. People like you, and like anyone else, those who can't defend themselves the way we can. I'm offering you a path that is soaked in blood, but it is a path that brings satisfaction.”

Don bared his teeth and narrowed his eyes once again at Renna, “Incineration. A painful death indeed.”

Standing tall over Renna, Don looked down over his nose at the vampire. She was threatening him, that much was obvious, but how serious was she? Better not to fight here, her weapons were lighter and shorter and more suited to the narrow confines of the attic.

“I'm not afraid of you and your knives girl. I'm different because I'm here, I'm different because of the power I hold. Im offering you a path that otherwise would have been locked. If you've fought the undead as much as you imply then you should know better than any that what I am and what ravages the farms of the South are not the same. How hypocritical coming from a vampire. I'm no snarling, cannibalistic beast. What's the difference between your kind and the feral undead of the world hmm? You both require feeding off the essence of other lives to survive.”

“Death Saints are Ghouls basically, improved regeneration and night vision aside, the main distinguishing feature of a Saint is our necromancy magic. No other Ghouls can raise the undead, or put them to rest, the way we can.”

Idea Idea

Surtyr

The god inspected the tapestries, enjoyed some food, and decided to leave. His people needed him, and he wanted a good war. Waving goodbye, he dropped off the floating island and punched deep into the dirt. Burrowing through the earth, he emerged from the land around his capital city.

As he walked in, his subjects bowed and scraped as they were made to do. His gaze scraped along the rulers he had assembled, each averting their eyes. Surtyr smiled.

[___]
A fleet of newly made ships set sail, splitting into two. The fleet with Surtyr sailed East, towards the foggy seas, and the second sailed West for the mainland, bearing two Shifter lords.

• At first I simply blinked, unsure of how to react to Kiru Rapture's sudden change in demeanor. Though jovial however, he was kind enough to grant me forgiveness and even conjured a seat for me. I nodded with a bright wide smile.

"I shall humbly accept them with pleasure then! Both your forgiveness, and the seat which you offered me." I skipped over to that chair and lifted the dress a little to sit more comfortably. Once I was well adjusted, I turned back to him and nodded and smiled again. "Yes, yes indeed! I'm not entirely sure about why she wants to talk to you, but asked me to come, so... here I am, asking you if you will be attending the party. I'm happy to hear you will! I'm also going to go of course, a tea party sounds really lovely, and so much fun, doesn't it? Doesn't it?"

Oops, was I getting too excited? Morois had instructed me to be extra careful today, and extra respectful. It wouldn't be strange if he felt I was acting a tad too familiar with him, now would it? Perhaps the topic of Sana'a could provide me some redemption?

"I-I apologize if I was rude in any way! Sana'a seems to have retreated into herself following the war. She isn't even keeping up with her duties, she's allowing many many problems to fester for the mortals. I was also tasked with seeing her before I came to you, and she wasn't accepting visitors either, she wanted me out of there right away! I hope I wasn't rude to her..." My cheerful expression dropped for a moment as I looked down. Yet, with a breath in and a breath out, I recovered my spirit and turned to Kiru once again. "But not to worry, Morois has been gracing the world with her assistance! It is wonderful to know of how many have come to her so she may provide them with aid, and they in turn know of her greatness! I believe she will attempt to help Sana'a too, no, that will help Sana'a. I just hope she doesn't hurt herself on those thorns. I only lightly pricked myself with a tiny little thorn, but even though I am dulling my sense of pain, it still hurts somewhat. To believe Sana'a is enduring so many of them herself..."

I raised the finger that touched the thorn. Healing, dulling pain, manipulating my blood, my divine power... All of that, and even then that tiniest little prick still hurt as much as it did. In fact, it even looked as though the finger had blackened and swelled, did it not? I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow, confused. Nothing like that had ever happened to me before, not since I ascended.

vania-aimas-chibi-transparent-png.780046
      coollogo_com-92671051-png.780047

__vampy_granblue_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_yumaomi__7db37d37456ea51e2e6fe8401f04c221.jpg

Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Kiru)
    Mentions: Juju Juju (Sana'a)

DON MATHUIN

Don frowned now, realizing the situation had turned sour very quickly. All he’d done was ask for some assistance, some time to discuss a job, and here she was, freaking out at the mere mention of the undead. It was almost as if she had some sort of past trauma that made even the discussion of the feral resurrected a tough topic to discuss. Don was frustrated now, she was a very hostile woman, and she hadn't responded well to his casual demeanor.

“The undead are a threat that needs to be dealt with, that much is obvious. I figured you might appreciate me not beating around the bush on the topic. But if my casual stance on the topic really disturbs you that much I can simply give you this Death seal and leave. It will identify you as an associate of the Death Saints and an employee of Arragreya.”

Don pressed his pointing fingers to each other and slid them together to form a finger gun with both hands. “You're asking me, if there's a way to turn them back? No, there's no way we know of to turn them back, and even if there was, what would they be turned back into? Some rotting half alive abomination? I'm sure you’ve noticed most of the feral undead have sort of chewed on each other. But more than that, from what I know, undead are made into undead most often through the dissemination of godly energies. Reversing a god’s power is nigh impossible without the powers of the pantheon united.”

Don raised an eyebrow at Renna and smiled weakly. “It's not a silly thought, everyone wishes they had the power to change the way things are, but see even if you have the power, if you're not in the right position to help then there's nothing you can do, all attempts to do something will be directed in the wrong direction. The Death Saints are like a compass in that regard, we know what direction is the right one. But of course I can't force you to go in the right direction, I can't force you to work with me, I can only ask.”

Don adjusted his weapons and armor with a moment's glance and attention, going about the process slowly and casually. Then he spoke again, “Are you sure you’ve found salvation? You're living in a stranger’s attic. And satisfaction might have been a bad word to use, maybe contentment works better? I don't really know, all I know is I need you on my side and I really can't afford to take no for an answer. We all have things we have to do, stop acting like a child and just consider my proposition. I'm offering you a job that will pay enough to own an inn like this, the job will make use of your very obvious skills in violence, and since you’ll be a member of the Arragreyan government, any attack on you will be an attack on them, giving you a whole organization to rely on for help. This job offers a future, protection and a reason to live. Maybe I'm speaking about this too matter-of-factly but I know a good deal when I see one. Do you?”

Renna had touched a nerve with her threat and Don was feeling his own frustration bubble to the surface. “Why did she have to ask so many questions? Why did she think he could answer any of them? Why was she threatening him? Was this really the person he needed to get on his side? And finally, why her?” He adjusted his belt and scowled, looking down at the ground as he tried to formulate a response to her outburst. It was true he had compared vampires to the undead and cannibals, but she had just done the same thing with himself, AND she had threatened him.

“Its not a suicide mission! It's a job, akin to that of a soldier or mercenary. And my necromancy does not raise slavering hungry beasts, it's more akin to talking with the dead, raising spirits and the like, maybe summoning the occasional ghoul to distract something. Look, I can tell when I’ve overstayed my welcome, just hear me out one more time. Maybe we can help each other? Maybe I can give you a reason other than destiny to help me out? Is there anyone in your past, anyone deceased you wish you could speak to one more time? Because I can give you that closure. I can raise spirits and talk with them.”

Don walked towards the door, placing his hand on the handle before she could reply. “I'll be back y'know? Kiru Rapture himself has outlined you as one of us, and I can't just ignore that.”

Idea Idea

Last edited:
d88c617f75dd494c3e0ed06b4d32b8db.png

• 794d680c237d52ec04d8c7e5210ca15b_waifu2x_art_noise2_scale_tta_1.pngMalephar sat with discontent as the god of peculiar bones drank a cup of tea that had little effect on its body besides moving down through it. He paid no attention to this act of disrespect knowing it would affect the other Gods' perception of him. His patience waned as he inspected the tapestries in front of him, the new being weaved in and the old already being present. He inspected as much of it as he could, absorbing all the information he would ever possibly need. As the goddess draped in white robes spoke of humans, his interest peaked at an all-time high. A species that had long existed before Malephar even came to be, he wanted to view them and look more of them.

The goddess gave her second announcement and warned the new and perhaps the older Gods to not trespass or have any influence on a place called the Human Valley. Malephar found it humorous and wondered what she could do about it. Could she stop Malephar, was an old God that strong? Malephar didn't care for it; he needed not to intrude on a place that was insignificant to him at the moment. The Demon King looked around the garden space and rested his eyes on an empty space that was once filled. Where did that one go? Malephar pondered for a moment before realizing he should take his leave. He wasn't needed in the floating isles anymore but then again, he wasn't needed in many places. He stood from his seating and walked opposite of the direction the other gods were looking, taking a portal to leave.

He knew not where he was headed but opted to find a place inland.

The God of Demons arrived near a coast, the land was mostly barren with exemption to some mud houses and beings of peculiar appearance. Are these humans? Malephar couldn't justify his thought as the goddess had only just announced the release of humans. His inner thoughts were disturbed as the beings took notice of the rather large being radiating unnatural energy. The beings ran off, one wearing decorated robes and armor retrieved a horn and sounded an alarm.

@all the nerds

• View attachment 791456Malephar sat with discontent as the god of peculiar bones drank a cup of tea that had little effect on its body besides moving down through it. He paid no attention to this act of disrespect knowing it would affect the other Gods' perception of him. His patience waned as he inspected the tapestries in front of him, the new being weaved in and the old already being present. He inspected as much of it as he could, absorbing all the information he would ever possibly need. As the goddess draped in white robes spoke of humans, his interest peaked at an all-time high. A species that had long existed before Malephar even came to be, he wanted to view them and look more of them.

The goddess gave her second announcement and warned the new and perhaps the older Gods to not trespass or have any influence on a place called the Human Valley. Malephar found it humorous and wondered what she could do about it. Could she stop Malephar, was an old God that strong? Malephar didn't care for it; he needed not to intrude on a place that was insignificant to him at the moment. The Demon King looked around the garden space and rested his eyes on an empty space that was once filled. Where did that one go? Malephar pondered for a moment before realizing he should take his leave. He wasn't needed in the floating isles anymore but then again, he wasn't needed in many places. He stood from his seating and walked opposite of the direction the other gods were looking, taking a portal to leave.

He knew not where he was headed but opted to find a place inland.

The God of Demons arrived near a coast, the land was mostly barren with exemption to some mud houses and beings of peculiar appearance. Are these humans? Malephar couldn't justify his thought as the goddess had only just announced the release of humans. His inner thoughts were disturbed as the beings took notice of the rather large being radiating unnatural energy. The beings ran off, one wearing decorated robes and armor retrieved a horn and sounded an alarm.

@all the nerds
Surtyr

The god leapt from the boat, biting his hand. In an instantaneous burst of lightning, he towered hundreds of feet above the sea, a skull-like head grinning from under a mop of blond hair. Surtyr extended a hand, crystallizing a huge hammer seemingly from thin air. It was immensely long, each end spiked, and the head was so heavy that the handle bent beneath the weight.

"Back off."

KIRU RAPTURE

Kiru walked over to his chair and sat down once again, his jovial personality fading as he sank into the old leather of the seat. Of course gods could never be truly disarmed, asking for weapons before granting entry to Limbo was simply routine most of the time, and when concerning divine beings a way of saying this was hallowed ground, a place of nonviolence.

“I myself have no idea why Morois would wish to speak, unless of course, it's about that afterlife of hers. I don't approve of what she’s doing there you know, dividing the soul stream and disconnecting others like some sort of tributary, it's not healthy for the majority of the consciousnesses to be separated like that. But at the same time, her expansion into my massive realm has eased the strain of dealing with death slightly. I simply wish she had decided to discuss the matter with me before simply taking the reins. Her, Sana’a and others have always desired control over my realm. I do not blame them for this desire, but it is still disheartening that the other Gods give me so little respect that they would expand without even bothering to talk to me first.”

Kiru smiled under his mask and followed this with, “A tea party does sound quite fun. I haven't partied in hundreds of years. To meet the new gods sounds like a wonderful idea as well. Dyne is smart to hold such a gathering.”

The Death God was truly curious what had become of Sana’a. It had been many, many years since he had seen the goddess of Life. “You came to her before me? I must see her I think, it is time we discussed the thieving of death from so many beings. It appears there are many deities I must speak to.”

The Death God stood up from his chair and held out a hand to Aimas, saying “I doubt anything you said offended Sana’a, she was once known quite well for her compassion and understanding. To think she would need the assistance of Morois to deal with her problem. I would like to see her as well. I think I will in fact."

Idea Idea Juju Juju

Savu
1602205309108.png

Here I am… surrounded by an entire pack of Red devils, stepping on one of their kin just having stolen it’s fruit… they’re about to jump me… how did I end up in this situation. Oh wait now I remember, Mama sent me to the jungle as a punishment as she normally does for getting into a fight with my younger brother. Why do I have to be the eldest and the only one to have completed the trials? It just gives them rights to banish me back to this forsaken yet fun jungle… Why did I get in a fight with my sibling again… ohhh it was because he stole part of my meal and when I obviously slapped him to the wall he cried to mama like he always does… and my other 13 siblings… why must I be the eldest…

Oh yeah I'm getting jumped… as the red devils jump at me ready to tear me apart I jump towards one of them stepping on their head and using that force to quickly climb up the tree. I take a bite from the fruit. It's sweet and delicious and totally worth it. The other red devils waste no time and begin chasing me, this isn’t my first time here so I know how to deal with them… most of the time… I look around as I jump from branch to branch of the immense trees of the jungle with the red devils slowly catching up to me… I’m going to need something to scare them off and I certainly won’t… I keep looking around and find a giant white beast walking on fours and around 10 to 20 times my size I’m not good with math… I take a leap of faith and land directly on teh beast skull catching it by surprise, I run through it’s back and out it’s tail before it lets out a mighty roar scaring away the red devils. With the red devils gone I disappear into the forest making the beast extremely confused.

With that done I climb to the tip of a tree granting me a great view to enjoy my well deserved victory. I take a bite out of the fruit, it’s just so good but not as good as Mama’s cooking. From the top of the tree I can see it, the great barrier, my family always tells me to stay away from it, but they also send me into the deadly jungle as punishment so I don’t get it too much… I take another bite from the fruit before here’s a crack making me recoil… is there something solid here… no I don’t feel anything tough in my teeth, I look around before looking back at the barrier with a crack on it before finally destroying completely…

I didn’t know how to react except I took another bite from my fruit… what was going on… is this good or bad I can’t recall from my tribes teachings… Well I still have time before nighttime, might as well investigate. With that I finish eating the energizing fruit and leap down into a branch swiftly but carefully making my way to where the wall used to stand. Maybe I can find something cool there.

Red Devil:
1602205347783.png
White Beast:
1602205387036.png

• Indeed, it seemed odd for Morois to have simply crafted her realm while stepping on the bounds of other major gods. She wasn’t particular found of them ever since that unjust sleight tarnished her, but even the opportunity to strike came she nobly held herself back and awaited the approval of more gods before acting. I was of course, unworthy and my understanding was but a speck of dust compared to theirs, but it seemed what slight amount of foolishness was in Khades back then was enough to have him act rashly and created a more complicated result than necessary. Nonetheless...

“I hope this is no disrespect, great Kiru Rapture, but if I may speak in my creator’s defense, I believe Morois was under the impression that you disappeared or had vanished back then. She may have thought the souls were going unclaimed and simply going into a void or an empty, unmanaged wasteland. She brings happiness to every soul she can in her realm, and she never forces a soul to head there!”

I stopped myself, again. I was beginning to wonder if it had been the right choice to send me here to talk with Kiru. This was sensitive and yet... Aaah, I just kept going back to those thoughts didn’t I? Fortunately, Kiru gave me just the right prompt to deal with that matter. I stood up and pulled on the sides of my dress as I bowed down to him. What was the polite, fancy way to say this?...

“That being the case, Kiru Rapture, I shall take my leave as well, and bother you no longer. Since I have done as I was instructed already, I shall head for Dyne’s tea party now. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with Sana’a and her worries, it saddens me to see her in such a state.”

vania-aimas-chibi-transparent-png.780046
      coollogo_com-92671051-png.780047

__vampy_granblue_fantasy_and_1_more_drawn_by_yumaomi__7db37d37456ea51e2e6fe8401f04c221.jpg

Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Kiru)
    Mentions: Juju Juju (Sana'a)

• Khades.jpeg
    The time was now. There was no prize for the tortoise in a race of hares. Khades slammed the shard of the Everspark into his exposed palm. A new power surged through his body; a feeling familiar yet alien. Khades strained to control the power, feeling it writhe and pulse through him. He began to yell, feeling each fibre of his being begun to shudder under the new weight. The dirt above him shifted, he felt the ground rocking, for miles around the ground trembled and quaked. The ruins of old cities crumbled to rubble. Even the sure-footed were thrown prone as the ground heaved and swayed, the very rocks jutting from the ground and crashing against each other. Khades knelt and held his hand tight. The Everspark pushed through his palm and emerged on the other side. It shone a blood-red light that turned the dark cavern to daylight. The dead tendrils were scattered to dust and pieces of the ceiling collapsed. Khades took a deep breath and focused the energy into his right hand. A beam shot forth that tore a gaping hole through the ground wherever he aimed his hand. He tried to clench his fist, feeling the energy strain against his fingers, waiting to be released again to destroy. He focused again, this time directing it further into the crystal and felt the energy begin to die away slowly.
    He had it. The Everspark was his once more. Using may prove difficult, but for now, it was his to control. Khades smiled to himself and approached the wall of the rocky crevasse. His right arm did not rise, though he commanded it to. Strange… Khades used his left and tried to swing his right arm to the ledge to grab a hold. No effect. It was as if he had no right arm at all. Khades used his left arm to haul himself out of the ravine. The landscape was just as he had left it almost a thousand years ago. The valley was barren of life, with only jutting rocks and bare earth. Old settlements had crumbled and nomadic clans of Ashborne roamed in the distance, hunting what little game was left here. The mountains surrounding them held back the sea from spilling in and drowning them all.
    Khades dared not switch to his draconic form, he was still getting used to the new power in his body and didn’t wish to risk any big changes. For now, he would walk north until he reached his old sanctum, then he would leave the Sundered Peaks and head for this party on foot. He would not get there for a long time, but hopefully, the Flame Matron would hold Morois’ attention for long enough.

Last edited:
ca9872e14e4eaed7b2defcea6144c683.jpg
Okanari, Blight's BaneWhile the gods met in their gardens above the clouds, a monster hunter sat in her makeshift camp, chomping on a stick of dried jerky. Things had been pretty quiet since that group of heroes had slain the Progenitor of Monsters and revived Mother Dyne from the grips of death. Five years had passed since that day and the celebrations, though the years had seemed shorter somehow. It was like a great weight had been lifted from the hearts of humankind, and the years that followed had been the most stable and prosperous as any that Okanari could ever remember.

It was good, too good, and that made her anxious. She had spent the time wandering around the valley, cutting back any of the monster threat that remained. Still, most of her travels had consisted of the former. It had been weeks since she had found a monster or beast worthy of someone of her profession, and more and more she saw the paths being filled with travelers emboldened by the new safety. Even the animals seemed to be more plentiful, and the sicknesses less ravaging. Maybe things were actually better?

Okanari watched her horse graze on a patch of grass. She should probably give the beast a name, but after the last one was lost so quickly it was probably for the best. She didn't want to get too attached. He was getting on in his years anyway, but Oka preferred older horses to younger. They spooked less and were much more surefooted, something that was good for long roads and short rests. As if to prove her point, a distant roar trembled through the air. The old farm horse lifted his head, ears alert. Convinced he was not in immediate danger, he went back to his meal. Yet something disrupted him again. Those warm brown eyes stared intently in the direction of The Barrier, his hooves pawing the earth nervously. Something was amiss. Oka slowly got to her feet, feeling a strange shift in the air as well. Her hand rested on the hilt of her sword.

Soon there came a resounding crack, echoing through the trees and valleys. It was followed by a slithering sigh, the shift of branches and leaves in a sudden gust. Pine cones, shed needles, and other debris fell to the forest floor like rain, scaring the birds into flight. After a moment of confusion Okanari realized what it meant. The barrier had fallen. She quickly slung her saddle onto the horse, fastening the belts in a hurry. Taking but a moment to scatter the remains of last night's fire, she hopped onto the horse's back and took off down the deer-path. All the while she looked up at where the barrier had been, where the foreign sky stretched ever onward.

It was a few minutes until Okanari arrived at where the barrier had once been. She slowed her horse to a trot and slid off, walking over to where she should find the base of Dyne's divine shield. Could it have actually fallen? Now that the creator of the monsters was dead there was little use of it now. Still, there was only one way to actually know. Okanari held out her hand and ever so slowly, she touched the new world.

"I can't believe it. The barrier is actually gone?" she mumbled to herself, and perhaps the horse. Though he wasn't the talkative sort. Oka held onto her amulet and said a short prayer to the gods. "May the wild spirits be kind and Dyne watch over us..."

27d0a36a26e9e35be18c5af56b74c93b.png

• I turned around to see this woman set ablaze, grey as ash and black as charcoal where no flames erupted and no magma flowed as though taking the guise of skin. It was a style I was familiar with from long ago, and one which might denote a rather awkward conversation. Yes, the question was why was this godling of Khades attempting to talk to me? I looked around, attempting to find her maker among the guests, but to no avail. If Khades had not come up with some means of communicating from a distance, then she was doing this under prior instructions or how own accord. Surely a better actor could have been chosen for the part if it was planned though, as her words were like those of a child learning them for the first time. It was cute in a way, not to mention it did feel somewhat refreshing to hear the rightful praise from another goddess that I had not myself given being to. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to humor them.

"Indeed you are correct, godling of Khades, I am Morois, goddess of dreams, cycles, trickery and youth. What other point would there be in attending such a party if not to mingle with the other gods, especially during this time of renewal? Therefore, I shall accept your request." I turned to the goddess still hanging on my arm, and shifted then put my hand on her arm, attempting to get her off of me as gently as I could. "Well then, Koma, we shall...temporarily part ways here. I'm sure you can find some acquaintances you'll get along with in the meantime."

"Eeeh?" She complained, but I just glared in response. She pouted and raised her chin. "Well fine then, have it your way! But don't you come complaining afterwards if I have a little fun! You promised after all!"

I sighed.

"Yes, yes, I heard you. Now if you'll excuse me..." I approached the godling of Khades, while Koma wandered off whistling. "Now that's settled, shall we head somewhere you find private, Trynyrac?"

Granblue.Fantasy.full.2094613.jpg
    morois-png.586644

thumb-1920-924239.jpg

Interactions: jmann jmann (Trynyrac)
Mentions: N/A

Venari and Librarian
(Short collab between Solirus Solirus and Juju Juju )​

Venari slouched over her desk, leaning heavily on just one of the many stacks of books piled around her. All of their aged spines were scrawled in the meandering language of Azothian. That boring, useless language.

If she had to read another word of that infernal script she was seriously going to burn this library down to the ground all over again. The librarian had said this book was the last, but he said that about the previous one so the huntress was doubtful. How many had she read? Did they just keep appearing or was she going mad? She certainly felt it. She flipped through the pages quickly, as she had learnt to do a while ago in hopes of getting out of lessons faster. For all of her adaptability, she never really learned.

"DONE! HA!" Venari shouted in triumph, causing a nearby scholar to run for cover, as if that would give them a chance of evading her should she make chase. Her eyes flashed at the thought of terrorizing one of those scrawny bookworms again, but it would have to wait. She stood up, knocking the chair over, and slammed the cover of the Azothian book closed. "YOUR WEAK BOOK-TRAPS DON'T HOLD ME BACK ANYMORE, LIBRARIAN!"

Librarian appeared almost instantly behind Venari, "This is the 192nd time you say that Venari... anyway can you at least now say hello my name is Venari in Azoth?"

"Actually I already know the answer, you can only barely say it, anyways you've spent long enough just reading books... luck you. Now on to what's important..."
Librarian then reached behind him pulling out a letter. "Dyne has sent every God and invitation, we both fall into the category of Gods, as such a card was automatically sent to us." He tossed the card letting it slide on the table to Venari. "You don't need to read it if you want to just a heads up that New Gods have appeared" Librarian said calmly.

Venari crossed her arms and grumbled, in Azoth reading and speaking had different rules and she wasn't the greatest at either of them. Even so, she could perfectly read the invitation on the table. Of course, that wasn't enough. As if her mood wasn't already sour enough, her face contorted in anger at the though of attending a meeting with Dyne.

She bristled, "DYNE!? That hag wants me to attend a tea party? What does she think I am, some noble lady she can call whenever it pleases her? I'd sooner stick an arrow through her eye than stomach a second at those lace tables! Besides, what's the deal with new gods anyway? Don't you guys make them all the time, y'know, when you're not torturing you're creations." She made sure to group him in with the other gods, knowing it irritated him.

"Your attempts of provocation are quite honestly terrible... anyways these new Gods are born from either some of the Dead Gods or just appearing randomly like most other Gods did. I'm sure they'd be excellent for hunting, although they'd probably beat you in your current form Venari. You're not even able to create something, it's laughable really." Librarian reached towards a shelf, grabbing a book and handing it over to the cowering scholar, "Go move this to the front desk, a new visitor will want it" The Scholar nodded before heading out with the book.

"Anyways, now that you have at least basic education done with you may want to focus on actually getting your hunting skills down, they seem lacking considering your... inept capability to use your Godly power. As much as I hate to admit it, it's very useful. Too bad it's in hands of children..."

Venari's face lit up at the idea of hunting down one of the new gods, but even that joy was turned to rage when her godly skills were insulted, "IM WORKING ON IT! IF SOME STUPID GOD CAN DO IT I CAN FIGURE IT OUT TOO!"

His needling insults towards her godhood were one thing, but her hunting skills was another. Venari's eyes shimmered red when this browbeaten bookworm, who never hunted a day in his life, dared to call her hunting skills subpar, "YOU THINK MY HUNTING SKILLS NEED IMPROVEMENT?!" without even looking, she threw a silvered arrow towards the retreating scholar, skewering the book out of their hands and pinning it to a wall. "I WILL HUNT DOWN A GOD, BE IT DYNE OR ONE OF THESE NEW FODDER, AND BRING YOU THEIR HEAD. MAYBE I'LL ADD YOURS TO THE PILE WHILE I'M AT IT!"

"Pft good joke, also try to break one of my books again and you'll be on the pile of dead Gods" Librarian flicked his hand making the arrow return to his hand before crumbling it to dust. "Also your lack creativity especially with your godly powers, it's the reason your hunting isn't as good as when you were a human. It's a different league if you want to call it that. One has to adapt and you seem very stubborn, just don't be surprised if you go out to hunt and you get beat up like Viktor did a thousand years ago."

The huntress grit her teeth, "HOW MANY GODS HAVE YOU FACED!? At least I didn't cower and cry when a god came to destroy the ONLY thing I was supposed to protect!"

She seemed genuinely surprised to hear of just how much time had passed, but she only glowered further, stalking past him, "Well I'm not getting any more experience with my godhood by reading your stupid books!"

"If you want to try and get into that conversation again, I'll let you know I did all I could to stop the fire and in this case the Gods were against me... you were given your first kill in a silver platter while some Gods supported you. Try not to fall off your high horse there Venari." Librarian gestured his hand again repairing the book Venari had damaged.

"There is a room in the Library to practice your Godhood, it works differently for everyone. Unless you want to leave and get chewed up... Try to at least create something... The room is to your left and after 2038 shelves yougo right, you'll find a metal door, when you open it you enter inside the room and then you can practice." Librarian wasted no more time and walked away changing his form and looking to check up on his other scholars.

Venari didn't respond and simply went in the direction of the room, a shadow was over her face, determination in her steps. A dark, burning feeling was growing in her chest, threatening to burst. She didn't even have to listen to that prattling god, for she knew exactly where it was without having to think about it.

Gazzath
Interacting: Remembrance Remembrance (Malephar) Damafaud Damafaud (Dyne)
Mentioned: Tea Party
Nearby: Tea Party​

1602575233554.pngBright, tranquilizing greens and whites riddled the tea party. A peaceful, joyous aura seemed to be cast around the island. It was the perfect atmosphere of serenity for a meeting between celestial beings. And yet, Gazzath could only stand bored as the tea fell through his skull and into his pants. "My horned friend, don't you think this place could do well with some different colors? Say, perhaps a looming purple combined with lavish light greens and reds and yellows. A blanket of mixed colors appealing to our senses. Maybe a bar with stronger drinks?" The voice of the party host cut their conversation short. Gazzath gave something of a wave goodbye to Malephar, not even bothering to look back at him as Dyne unleashed a little gift: a dashing array of tapestries meshed together to form a gripping tale. But the first thing that caught his eye—or lack thereof—was the unmistakable embroidery of a skeleton. "My, my, a handsome portrayal if I do say so myself!" he remarked. "If you wanted a closer look for detail, you just could have asked!"

As Dyne continued her speech, transitioning into the warning, Gazzath curiously rattled his fingers on the oak cane. "The Human Valley? Fear not, dear mistress. The last thing I would do is trample on my fellow Gods' property." He put the teacup on a servant's tray, shooing them off. "If I am unfaithful to my promise, I will bite my thumb off!"

Drawn into the Story Weave, Gazzath grew silent while skimming through the history. Oh dear, these poor mortals... he thought. Living forever as toys and tools, and in death being given to yet another God's hands. These folks are colorless and blandly shaped, save for their brutal shedding of red. A skeleton has more vivid passion than them! More color and fun and freedom! Gazzath then stopped in his tracks. "That God... If I'm not mistaken..." Four arms. Darkened skin. Perished not too long ago. Name? "Amon..." He dipped his head down for a moment, mouthing the name many more times. "Amon." Gazzath tipped his hat at the tapestry. "I will gladly uphold your legacy, Amon."

Some guests took their leave. Others arrived in unpunctual fashion. He paid no heed, losing himself in thought as the story ended. With the bounty of knowledge came the fact that there were things to do. A to-do list of sorts, unfolding in his empty skull and unveiling it all one at a time. These mortals have been suffering in the living for too long. Any attempts at a haven made in this realm would eventually be destroyed. In the realm of the dead, their souls are in the control of Kiru, which to Gazzath was no better. These mortals deserved fun. Endless freedom with no danger to threaten them like in the land of the living. The God then shook his skull free of the thoughts. Whatever the plan was, it would have to come later.

"Your tapestry has been most helpful, indeed!" he said to Dyne. "If the future goes well thanks to this, I may return this generous favor later on." He gently pulled her hand out to kiss it (he literally bumped his teeth on her palm). "Ta-ta, fair Goddess. It seems some other Gods wish to get a head start and left earlier. I can't allow myself to fall behind. I'm sure you understand!" With that, he waltzed over to the edge, threw his cane over, and dove after it.

Once out of the territory, Gazzath wracked his head to the side, pulling open his jaw and reaching in. He poked around the throat, trying to grab the spot it lodged itself in. He raised his free hand over the back of his neck and chopped at it with a light thud. The object flew out of his mouth, followed by a fit of coughs. "Ah, deary me," he muttered. Gazzath reattached the thumb to his hand.

• Khades.jpeg
    Khades simply walked through the Sundered Peaks for a while, cradling his arm. Although he did not shift into dragon form, Khades carefully manifested some of his draconic features, specifically the hardened scales. Out of the hole in his chest grew a large plate that merged with the rest of his armour and mended his weak point. He did the same with his offhand.

For much of his journey, Khades thought of the other gods, now that his mind was not focused on the Everspark and he had a long journey ahead. The Vez’Sinai could not have stayed in that desert, he must have melted half of it away. Where else would they go? Yvesia had a lot of magic, maybe the Vez’Sinai sought somewhere they could replace their magic fountains… His mind drifted to the new gods. Were they crafted like how Khades crafted Teros, his Minor God of carnage and destruction? Or did they appear from the nothing like Khades and his generation did? Maybe Pandora knew. Khades tried to sense where the gods were, but his mind felt too muddled. She had built a grand library somewhere to the south on an island of its own. Khades thought of visiting her and checking on the new gods without needing to socialise. He never particularly liked Pandora, but her library was a realm of vast knowledge, so it was really the only option.

Khades turned and leapt high into the air, clearing the mountains that bordered the Sundered Peaks and landing on the gravel beach just beyond them. Conjuring divine essence in his hand, he created a shawm and lowered its end into the water. He had seen Tsuquena, his Minor Goddess of natural disasters, do this many times. He played a melody with the one hand, a melody to message creatures deep beneath the sea. Soon after, a serpentine creature with small wings breached the surface and waited for his command. A Tideforger, an aquatic dragon of his creation. Khades climbed atop its slimy scaled back and played a melody for his destination. He held on tight as the two glided atop the water, zooming far across the ocean. The scent of sulphur was immediately taken over by that of a sea breeze. Sooner than expected, they would pass ships of confused Humans. They saw an Ashborne in plate armour riding a dragon across the sea, he must admit it was a strange sight. Ahead lay a wild and untamed land where, according to his memory, hid the Library.

• dyne-jpg.779645

Goddess of Drama and Civilization
    Starting conversations
    The Lady Dyne
    The promises New Gods made regarding the sanctity of her holy land were like gold to gild her lilies. The abnormal scent disappeared altogether from the garden. Dyne slightly tipped the edge of her sun hat toward Estus and Gazzath, a gesture beyond the necessary decorum. The right edge of her red lips curled upward. "Your kind words went beyond my expectation, darlings. I'll try not to... play with your creations too often. Of course, I'll probably borrow one or two at some time, but we'll see about it, shall we?"

Two guests came late to the short-lived tea party, where not much conversations were exchanged but the most simplest of exchange. Illusionary guests had appeared at one point, chattering mundane matters of mundane topics to add to the atmosphere of the party. "Welcome, Morois dear! I thought none of the original group would come! That old codger Khades sent dear Trynrac here, but it really isn't the same." The smile on her lower face brightened, though her eyes, as always, remained hidden under the brim of her sun hat.

"Oh, no need to entertain me with your polite talk. No one really finds it awfully interesting to craft up these stories but for me, but thank you! I do think it's a stroke of luck for me to take on this Drama. I had planned to kill that wench who hoarded Storytelling without actually using it for anything interesting, but her Barrier was quite annoying to deal with so I take an adjacent domain instead in hope of absorbing the overlaps over time. Really, with how powerful my darling boy Fras' barrier has gotten lately, I'd think she's completely dead!"

Morois was instantly showered with words as soon as she arrived. Several Gods left without a word after, and to those Dyne offered no farewell, no comment. The fickleness of Gods was something she was not unused to. The Lady let Gazzath kissed her hand when he announced his departure, which she received with grace. "Do give me a call if you need help with creation, Gazzath dear. I'd love to offer some pointer when needed~ Oh, that includes you too, Estus darling, though I'd doubt you will ask for it."

With his departure, her Secret Garden was mostly empty once more. Morois had turned to converse with Trynyrac, a conversation she was not eager to join. The illusionary guests multiplied to fill the spot the Gods left. Dyne went to the new tapestry, those of the New Gods left unfinished. With the divine energy they radiated and what they showed so far, she weaved in new pieces and bits of information into them. She hummed as she weaved, completely immersed in her work.

Interaction: Idea Idea StaidFoal StaidFoal GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
    Mentions: Solirus Solirus Nessi Nessi jmann jmann Selee-01 Selee-01 Kenji Jensai Kenji Jensai Remembrance Remembrance

• Talvi
    Interacting: jmann jmann (Trynyrac) Idea Idea (Morois)
    Mentioned: Damafaud Damafaud (Dyne)​

1603037826154.pngTalvi skied past the tapestries, eyes peeled on the story told by them. She half-expected to bump into another attentive God as she moved along. She pitied the portrayed plant Goddess and found herself drawn in by the battle between the reasonable serpent and the fiery God. And these Gods—save for the serpent—were still alive, with only the fiery God doing better than most of the others. It didn't seem fair to Talvi, that he went and won against a peaceful God. Maybe the key to a God's success wasn't their morals, but their power?

She eventually skied over to the portraits of the new Gods, stopping before one of them. "That's... me?" Talvi ecstatically shook, clenching her hands together and poorly attempting to mask her excitement. "Wise Elder Goddess Dyne is incredible!" Does anyone else realize this? she wondered, finally turning back around.

The garden... was practically empty! Illusionary guests sat in place of the long since vanished Gods, while the hostess sat weaving more to the story. W-Was there a cue for us to leave? Perhaps I arrived too late? Her excitement morphed into sweltering embarrassment. First impressions are everything, and you screwed it up! Biting her lip, she shook her head clear. Stop thinking like that! You could be wrong. There's still some Gods here. If we ask, we can assert an answer. Talvi peered at Dyne, then shaking her head nervously. She couldn't dare to bother someone as excellent as her. Ahem. Maybe if we ask the guests, we can assert an answer.

Her eyes found two in particular who seemed to get along well, being the one encased in slag and fire and the recent arrival of a short, adorable Goddess. While they went to a more private part of the island, Talvi slowly tailed them, more focused on building herself up to speak to the two. She lightly slapped her face, counting her breaths. It's just a question; what could go wrong?

After Trynyrac would hand the knife to Morois, they'd hear Talvi shout "Excuse me!" followed by a powerful gust of wind and blinding snow as she dove near them. It dissipated just as quickly as it appeared. "Ah! I'm so sorry!" she squealed, skiing closer—freezing the ground beneath them—to help brush some snow off of Morois; she assumed the fiery Goddess would be fine. "I-I'm still inexperienced—not that I'm saying it as an excuse to deflect the blame, but please forgive me! I just wanted to ask if—" Her eyes then found the knife in Morois' hand, after which she hung her head. You've done it now, interrupting a godly knife exhibition between two superior Gods for such a stupid question! "... If there was any sign for us Gods to leave...? Because Dyne's story was captivating, but when I turned around, the party was almost empty, and I'm just confused on if... you get the point..."

The party is coming to a close… some Gods have already left… I’m being ignored… that’s good, I just better not get visited if any of the Gods have questions… That might happen… maybe not… that sounds awfully like something Detz wants… that’s annoying…

A Goddess arrives late, she’s cold and ice… she likes the tapestry Dyne made… it’s incomplete… looking at it is annoying… I get up from my chair… I’m going to walk back… portals take too much effort… I walk away with servants avoiding me… good I don’t want to deviate my path… I keep walking…

I stop… Morois and Trynyrac are in front of me… this is annoying… I’d rather not power through them… it’d create annoyances in the future… I’ll simply wait for them to move… I now stand close to both of them waiting for them to move out of the way… they don’t move… Trynyrac pulled out a knife… she wants Morois to repay with her blood… The ice goddess is also here… I look down at both Tryn and Morois… I can wait for them to move…

"Interactions:" jmann jmann Idea Idea StaidFoal StaidFoal
Mentions: Damafaud Damafaud

• Was she being serious? Did she even begin to imagine how easy it would be for me to simply put her down for good right here and now? Did she not understand she didn't begin to stand a chance, and that of every god or goddess she could've challenged, she picked one of the few that had proven capable of defeating someone of her caliber before? Or was there something to the knife? I took it from her hands (since she was offering) and looked at it. Nothing. Supremely ordinary, if of course divine enough to be able to harm a goddess. Nonetheless, it was effectively confirmed her plan was to stab me and see what happens. Indeed she was simply that reckless. Yet I didn't want the hassle of what might happen if I did anything too drastic. Maybe just some slight changes to her mem-

My thought process was interrupted by the arrival of a different goddess, spraying ice and snow all the way to my waist. I was about to complain when she apologized and began trying to clean it all up. One of my equals, I recognized, acting in such a humble manner. It brought a light grin to my life, but nonetheless, I sighed. Now that there were witnesses, things had gotten more complicated. Even yet another, some weird entity I couldn't quite put a label on (though they did appear vaguely familiar) joined, another fellow deity. I raised a hand in between me and this new goddess of winter.

"That is alright, you are forgiven. You clearly had neither ill intent, nor were the results anything of significance. What little is left over to forgive, I can easily grant. As for your question, there was no formal request to leave, truly some are rude to leave so ahead of time! May they go on their merry way, however, and us that remain form more lasting bonds and connections." Now to deal with some of the results of my past "bonds and connections"... I turned to Trynyrac, knife held in between two fingers. "Now, you... Argh, this is precisely the reason. Why do you challenge me? Why this pointless gesture?"

This wasn't going to convince her. I wasn't trying to. But I was going to present my case nonetheless.

"I shall impart upon the truth of what transpired: Myself and Khades were never truly allies. I never claimed we were. We had a common goal and a common enemy, and he came and asked for my assistance. While I told him I would provide it, I explicitly told him there were conditions for my involvement. Perhaps for him, for you, for the ashborn a glorious, worthless death is sufficient- if you are that fond of it, I could readily supply a mountain for them to throw themselves off of- but for myself, I wouldn't tackle the first among my equals without assurance of support. At least half of our brethren had to stand on our side among those who would participate in the battle. I could even assist in ensuring some of them were to remain neutral during the conflict. A senselessly drawn out confrontation would only damage all of us, and all of our creations that much further. As such, only once the preparations were complete, we would bring down our enemy. Khades, however, marched into battle before our agreed conditions were met. I did not fail to show support. None of your people's blood is in my hands. Khades charged too soon, before I owed him anything."

With a curse, the knife began to rapidly rot in my hands, not simply rust, but indeed rot until it was dirt and ashes.

"If you still intend on challenging me after hearing the truth of what transpired, and indeed I doubt you wouldn't, then I have no intentions of having a repeat of the incident with the moon. I shall accept a bout between us, and I shall set the rules. We shall declare the duel before a gathering of the other gods, alongside the rules of the bout, so that the legitimacy of our confrontation, and of our means, are not put into question."

morois-png.586644

thumb-1920-924239-jpg.792594

Interactions: jmann jmann (Trynyrac) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Talvi)
Mentions: Solirus Solirus (...)

• Khades.jpeg

Khades leapt off the creature and landed ashore. It had been a startlingly long time since he had seen trees. The way they shifted in the breeze, swaying with each wisp of wind, it had captivated him. It truly was a shame his very nature was the opposite. Khades picked a leaf and watched it crumble to ash in his hand. Such was the way of things, as they should always be. Life was meaningless if not followed by death or risk thereof. So what was his meaning? Khades could not die, not by anything short of full-on war. There was no risk to his existence, no threat of predators and very little risk of divine interference. Khades’ life fundamentally meant nothing, but he knew that. He knew that as a god, he was not supposed to mean anything. He existed for the sole purpose of fulfilling a vital part of the natural cycle: destruction.
    Khades walked through the jungle, forcing his arm to stretch, feeling a tiny stinging pain when he pulled it as far as his elbow would allow. Ahead lay the ruins of an ancient temple. The inscriptions were familiar, this was the place. What had happened here? There were no weapon marks, this all looked like natural decay. How had Pandora allowed Khades’ influence to destroy her sacred Library? If he wanted to know what happened, he would need to take a closer look. Khades refocused the energy in his hand up through his arm and into his eye. As his power focused, everything became so much clearer. He saw the cells of each blade of grass, he saw each piece of rock hidden behind the foliage. But he also saw the grass die as he focused his gaze, when he looked at the stone, he saw it begin to dissolve like he had sprayed it with acid. He looked at the temple and the walls began to crumble slowly, buckling under their own weight. Except for the doorway. The doorway remained perfectly intact over the millennia and was unaffected by his gaze. She was definitely the goddess of wisdom, for Khades could have never thought of this himself. He pushed the energy down back into his palm and felt his arm go numb once more. Khades walked carefully to the doorway and took a single step through. The change was dazzling. Once an overgrown temple ruin, now a seemingly endless hall of tomes and scrolls on bookshelves that stretched unfathomably high.
    “Pandora?” he called out, “I would like your counsel!”

• She was testing me, she had to be, my patience to be more precise. It was one thing to simply talk to me in such a disrespectful manner, but to another of my equals on top of it?

"Whether it was with or without my arrival, indeed my victory had to be assured. You seem to believe it would have been so just by me joining Khades in battle, are you not the one forsaking your own people? Or do you honestly believe that a serious battle between several deities would have meant anything short of widespread cosmic destruction? You say there "would have been no fighting", as if that wasn't precisely my intention. I am not some warrior whose shallow, narrow vision of victory is limited to waving around lumps of metal and hoping an arrow doesn't kiss their skull first. My victories are wars are fought before the fighting happens. It is enough of an insult that you insinuate that your rush to end my part has me to blame, but to insinuate that I owe you anything, to treat your greater like some tool that ought to be "useful", know your place!"

I narrowed my eyes in her direction, and yet that little wench dared to laugh, and to reject the offer I had kindly extended to her. In a duel, there might have been some wit (if she even had any, a fact which was becoming increasingly doubtful) by which perhaps she might've claimed victory. The slightest slimmest chance in which no doubt one of my equals would have intervened in her favor. Despite that, this little fragment refused to acknowledge how easily the boulder could grind her to dust merely by resting upon that fragile form. I began by facing the two witnesses.

"Goddess who produced ice, and you there as well, I will have to trust you will not be unfaithful to your dignity and shall be truthful witnesses of this provocation, no, this threat, insignificant though it may be." I returned my gaze to Trynyrac. "For I have already shed blood once today. I shall not do it a second time for the tantrum of one who cannot comprehend the simple notion of due consequences."

morois-png.586644

thumb-1920-924239-jpg.792594

Interactions: jmann jmann (Trynyrac) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Talvi) Solirus Solirus (...)
Mentions: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back