• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dwight 'Edwin' Augen
Tags: Ashley ( AsherMasher AsherMasher ), Ameria ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Aria ( Silver- Silver- ), Jeannine ( Britt-21 Britt-21 ), Nahla ( Rhyme Rhyme )
Dwight felt slightly reprimanded by the Tamus's comments. Not called upon for their expertise? Those who had faced the realmwalkers and still stood. If they were not the ones to offer insight into this fight, then who would be?

The Tamus continued, explaining what specifically they were called on for. He needed to confirm that it was indeed realmwalker magic. Whatever had happened in the attack was not clear enough. Perhaps Dwight had assumed the threat was worse than it was. Perhaps the witness accounts were less than reliable. Perhaps it had been merely convincing illusion. But however he meant to test this seemed to require that they were awake, as the healer had not been able to do so in the days prior.

When the Tamus asked for a show of hands, Dwight raised his without hesitation. When the speech was finished, he spoke to clarify. "My memories have not been my own for almost twenty years, nor have I ever felt truly at home here. The spirits within me may make affirming these fears... difficult."

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words AsherMasher AsherMasher Maeteris Maeteris Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

For the sake of brevity and actually getting this post finished, I'm going to skim over stuff I wouldn't generally skim over. Sorry if this drops the post quality as a result; figured a bumpy, fragmented post is better than no post

A breath of ocean breeze washed over her face as Augie leaned closer, eyes gleaming as warm fingers reached across the table to grasp her own. For a moment, it felt possible that her memory loss would only be a temporary problem. A trivial obstacle in the way of their otherwise unending happiness. Yet, that same prickling sensation in her gut made her hesitate as Augie assured her. Her lips parted just as Augie continued to speak, "We--"

A sharp ring interrupted her, the sound piercing the walls.

She hadn't known what it meant, but Augie did. Ushered back into their room, she found a tunic and loose trousers similar to Augie's that she pulled on, leaving her clothes discarded in a heap at the foot of the bed. There was a small pouch she found in the trouser pockets, and--unable to leave it behind--she placed the shiny coin inside before looping the cord around her neck and letting the pouch hang beneath her shirt.

To his credit, Augie did a fantastic job leading her outside. Even as she stared with blatant, open-mouthed awe at the array of interesting creatures and people milling about, Augie only directed her toward a large building with elaborate double doors. They were surrounded by strangers--though, presumably, she had known at least some before her accident. She compulsively scanned their faces, nearly walking into two different people as she looked about. It felt as though she should be looking for someone, that same hollow feeling of losing something but not quite being sure of exactly what.

No time was left to dissect that particular feeling, however; instead, she felt her attention being drawn forward as a man stepped out and in front of the crowd. Nothing about him was particularly intimidating, especially between his elaborate clothes and coy smirk, but she felt the weight of his presence on her shoulders--as did everyone else, according to how the crowd fell silent the moment he began to speak.

And speak he did. She felt herself reach out for Augie's arm as he looked directly at her, at others in the crowd, while listing off the casualties and damages suffered as a result of the last attack. And Leira--that name again, the one mentioned by Augie previously; what role did she have to play here? Had the others lost their memories as she had? Would this man and Leira help bring them back? As the crowd began to murmur at the word "Realmwalker," she tried to conjure up some sort of feeling--either fear, anxiety, anything to prove she recognized what was obviously something significant--but she felt only confusion.

It took her a minute to realize that her name--still foreign to her ears--had been called along with the others. She hated herself for it, but she found her hand had snaked itself into the crook of Augie's arm. Something about that meeting made her uneasy, though that seemed to be the status quo since she had awoken, and the shaggy-haired man felt like the only anchor in an otherwise very disorienting world. Him, and the weight around her neck.

Slowly, she followed Augie as they approached the others who had been singled out. A tall man was passing out biscuits, which she declined with a tight smile as the group filed into the meeting room. It didn't take long for the discussion of tactics to begin. She stayed quiet, desperately trying not to show how little anything sense she was making of the conversation. Realmwalkers certainly didn't sound like someone she'd fancy a dance with, but she wasn't sure whether a group of amnesia patients would make the best tacticians--granted, perhaps she was the only one struggling to remember her own goddamn boyfriend.

For fucks sake, to think they were talking about going entirely on the offense--she bit her tongue, lips rolled between her teeth. Had that been the plan last time? Charging to the front lines against unfamiliar magic? Wasn't that why she could now barely remember right from left? Where were the spies, the guerilla tactics that forced these enemies into a disadvantage? If they could lead these bastards to water, it would be so easy for her and Augie to just hold them down and watch them--

She froze. In her mind's eye, she could picture it; the churning bubbles of air escaping a dying man's lung. Was that imagination, or another memory dredged up from the depths of her mind?

The man, their leader, mayor, whatever--he gave an easy smile and quickly steered the conversation from one sort of discomfort to an entirely new type; with a sharp stab of horror, she winced as her foreign name was once again dropped and "anyone else" was directed to leave. Her fingers dug into Augie's arm, the hair on her arms rising as something about this group made her especially uneasy. Some part of her recognized them, though mostly in an abstract sense--as though she had heard their names before, known they existed, but never personally been in their presence until now.

Augie squeezed her hand lightly and bent down, his breath warm against her neck as he promised to meet her outside--his fingers squeezing tightly again as she began to protest. The message was clear; even Augie, her partner in crime, was not willing to upset this particular blue-robed magician man. So he left, throwing a playful wink at her over his shoulder as she stood marooned alone in the corner of the hall. She crossed her arms tightly and leaned against the wall. When the last person had filed out, the man resumed speaking.

This time, everything made perfect sense. She wasn't Nahla. The attack had rendered her useless, different--an alien in a world she didn't belong in, though what world she did belong in was still a mystery. As he mentioned their potential for losing themselves to this new world, she began to wonder if that might be why each new memory came with a sense of foreboding; had her body recognized these memories as a symptom of a terminal illness, rather than evidence of a quick recovery?

When he called for hands, she kept hers tightly crossed--though she did raise two fingers in solidarity as the tall man she first noticed spoke up with the grace of an ancient medicine man. The whole "spirits" thing didn't make a load of sense to her, but she could relate with feeling like their memories were not their own.

The words escaped her lips before she even decided what to say. "Why us, then? Where the hell are we from? All day I've felt," she paused and sucked a breath between her teeth, trying to figure out how best to describe the sensation of feeling like she had been smashed into the wrong body. "It feels weird as hell. Like I'm not remembering, every 'memory' feels entirely new. Can we even go back if we're not sure where we came from?"

There was also the matter of that prickling paranoia in her gut that made her hesitate to eat any food and made her terrified of revealing the coin hidden under her shirt. Also, the fact that, apparently, she wasn't actually a fish. The only thing that could make this more ironic is if they told her she was actually half-cat, like those horse people outside.

coded by: @s e v e n

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Turid Leifsdottir, Chases-Death ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

Leif got up, arms wrapped around Turid as he carried her to bed, in a move he hadn’t really thought about and felt almost automatic, as if it was part of a routine he was more than used to. So he was able to keep thinking about what she’d said. Fish people? Maybe mermaids? There was a lot of water near the village, and all sorts of supernaturals, and although he couldn’t remember any specific mermaids, perhaps he would once he saw them again. And night safety of the village? So that was their role, and it felt obvious as he remembered, but only after he came to that conclusion. Whose blood was it that Turid had on her? He’d probably have to wait for the next sunset to find out.

But what most occupied his mind was how Turid seemed to have read his mind about his negative feelings in regards to living among people, and as she spoke, just like it’d been happening ever since he woke up, he remembered what she was telling him, how it was really not a bad thing, living in the village. Again, it was Turid that had reminded him of that. ‘Again’, because it felt like that hadn’t been the first time. Leif emptied his mind of all those thoughts when he placed Turid on her bed and bowed down to kiss her goodnight. “Love you too.” he spoke with a light scratch of her hair and a small smile as he pulled back. Nothing else mattered more than enjoying those little moments.

Only then did he take the time to look around her room, taking in the different toys, old tomes, and the contrast between them. His eyes lingered a few seconds longer on the stuffed dragon in her arms, then on the bear family, but strangely, no thoughts came to mind. Leif was on his way to go check out the toy castle closer, take a look at the small figures inside, when he heard the front door opening and closing, followed by the known wuffles, and he figured it’d be better to leave the room so Turid wouldn’t wake up.

Leif nodded at Chase’s words as he closed the door to Turid’s room and then turned to face him. If someone had asked him what a ‘Tamus’ was only a minute ago, he wouldn’t know. But now, after Chase had spoken, he suddenly did, and as weird as it felt, he was starting to get used to it. Though even if he wasn’t, he wasn’t about to say anything. Last thing he needed was to worry Chase again right then; best to leave the worrisome talk to the Tamus. And it felt right to assume it’d be worrisome, because otherwise the Tamus wouldn’t need to speak with him directly. But no use in worrying about that until the man got there.

“Deeply.” Leif spoke with a nod, after pausing for a moment, head slightly tilted toward Turid’s door to pick up the sounds of her deep, slumbered breathing. “She was just telling me stories. My mind’s still a bit clouded so I might have already asked this, but…” he spoke as he stepped over to Chase, returning his smile, voice quieter as he got closer. “...why did you chase me?” It was clear Leif wasn’t expecting him to sit down and tell any long, elaborate tales, but he did wait for Chase to answer before hands moved to slowly start untying the laces on the man’s tunic.

Roje.png
1610230599689.png
Tags: Rhyme Rhyme Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Maeteris Maeteris Silver- Silver- | Location: We're not in Kansas anymore.

Roje said nothing to counteract what others had said, simply because of the village Chief claiming that they weren't here to discuss offenses or defenses. If that's the case, then could it be about the Realmwalker magic he mentioned earlier? she asked herself, remaining silent as he dismissed those who weren't called and began to talk to the remaining group. Though what she was hearing made her blood slowly start to boil "You're fucking joking me, right?" she asked in a tone that was clearly that of annoyance. Looking at Nahla, Jeannine and Dwight, she recognized Nahla, that was her sister. The memory of that fact was branded into her mind. Hazel eyes shifted back to the Chief as he continued, instead of her raising a hand, her reactions were more than enough. Roje pushed herself from the wall and turned fully toward him, going to speak up once again before Nahla and Dwight had spoke instead.

Their reactions were similar to her own. Why was it them? Where did they come from in the first place? These were questions that had been bothering her as well. Hell, even Dwight was feeling off about this. At least some of us are on the same page here. "I'm in the same boat as Nahla and Dwight. The only thing I can remember for sure, is that Nahla is my sister. Other than that, these memories feel like someone was taking out and putting in whatever they wanted." on top of that, her body reacted differently. After seeing Dusk, she felt this longing feeling, a sense of him being missed, even though he had only been gone for three days due to her slumber. Does anyone feel like that after waking up from a three day nap? Roje wasn't sure, more and more questions kept piling on top of what she was already confused about from this morning. So she decided to ask the big golden question.

"You say we're at a race against time, how much time would you figure we all have till we lose who we once were? Surely we can't waste time between this village potentially being attacked again, and you guys losing who you originally had here in the first place." if they lost their biggest warriors, then the village may not be able to make it through a fight. In the corner of her eye, she noticed someone moving, catching her attention once again and revealing Jeannine, who was also raising her hand with a oddly calm expression on her face. She's so calm about this whole thing? I give her some credit. The only way I'm remaining calm in this kind of situation is if there's actual progress going on.

"Everything is different for myself as well." said Hayley before she slowly lowered her hand. "This village feels almost strange to me, as if I had just arrived here. The only face that gives me any feeling of security is Drayden. Just something about him was familiar, so it was possible I've known him in this other realm...But with that said, Vivian is right...How much time do we have?"

"Ashley"
Clementine Holt

Town Meeting
Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver- Thropian Thropian Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme

Ashley stood anxiously as the people that were not called by name slowly filtered out of the room. Even as she was offered a seat, she politely declined. Fingers twiddled on a loose thread of clothing to help dispel pent up energy that has been growing since this morning. As Bahg began speaking, Ashley took in a large breath and let it out to help steady herself. She internally readied herself for any information that could possibly help her situation, or even worsen it.

The mentioning of the Realmwalkers sent a strange chill up her spine. She could not explain why, but the 3 day coma only tightened the ever present knot in her stomach. This feeling only became worse as Bahg continued on the explain the tight situation she and all the others were in.
A strong fighter?, a distant voice in the back of her mind commented. A spark of pride flared within her, but was quickly snuffed out as she timidly raised her hand in indication of foreign memories.

Bahg's news only made the situation much more confusing to Ashley.
"So I'm not...me?" she whispered quietly to herself. She quickly scanned the room and looked at the faces of the other individuals both sitting and standing among Bahg. I guess I'm not in it alone. At least we have that going for us. Ashley stopped twiddling the thread locked her hands at her sides. Clenching her jaw, she tried to focus on the distant part of her memory that seemed mentally walled off. If all of what Bahg was saying was true, then she would have to try and open herself to all of herself.

Last edited:
Aria (Silver Blackwood) | town meeting
Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme

The motion of a single hand contributed to the silence of an unsettled crowd, weights shifting between individuals as a select few appeared to be carrying far more than they bargained for. A man clad in an ornate blue robe appeared to be the one that held all the cards as he addressed not only her and Ashley, but a handful of others as well that appeared to have been strung into the same situation by the raid that everyone but them could fully recall. Silver obligingly took a seat as more of an effort to ground herself from it all. In part, some of what Bahg spoke of made sense.

The casualties of battle rendered the village’s most capable, able-bodied people useless in an effort to weaken them further and stir further havoc among those whom could not defend themselves within their walls by displacing their trust. She observed the Tamus in silence, her dark gaze flickering with indecipherable emotions as she eased into a seemingly more relaxed position with her hands sitting in her lap. The words that left his lips were informational to say the least and yet Silver couldn’t help but ponder as to whether or not he continued to teeter on the edge of something—perhaps something he had yet to reveal to them that he felt was not the time or maybe it was Leira that would confirm the suspicions before he could delve further into the extent of just how long they could inhabit their current husks.

Like the rest of the group populating the room, she raised her hand when the feeling of memories foreign to her was aforementioned. He almost spoke as if he too were one of the affected with how elaborately he described the sort of ‘detachment’ they held to this place while also remaining tethered at the same time to a mere thread. The question was eager to be asked but the lump in her throat held her back otherwise, so instead she asked another but didn’t expect an answer as scripted as the rest of his words were.

If becoming a realmwalker was meant to be detrimental, how exactly would one even come to acquire the technique to cast that on someone? And why focus on this particular village with such fervor? Surely there are other ones with a similar supernatural to human ratio in terms of population.” Silver looked between Leira and Bahg as she murmured, moving to cross her arms loosely against her chest now. The tension that crackled in the air didn’t appear to be fizzling out anytime soon.

chase09.jpg
Chases-Death
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Chase wuffled once or twice when Leif stepped close, and his voice dropped down like that. Eyes crinkled as he tucked his chin just a touch. "I liked the way you smell. Still do." Shifters were known to have excellent snozzes for sniffing. Among some shifter groups, there are tales, myths to some, truth to others, of being drawn to a person simply by their scent. It wasn't a scent non shifters could perceive, for it was a deeper sense.

It was clear Chase believed in the sensation, or scentsation as it were. He demonstrated by leaning in closer to Leif, and taking in a slow, deep breath. A breath that ended with an exhale full of rumbling wuffles, and a suggestive grin. The latter growing even more wicked when Leif started to untie the laces on his tunic. "Did you make the bed this morning? We might... go check on it." Chase didn't know how long the initial meeting would take, but he suddenly hoped it would take a good while. Wuffle wuffle.

Chase started to walk backwards to their shared bedroom, always making sure it was a measured pace, so Leif didn't have to stop what he was doing. Which meant he fumbled a little bit to find the doorknob and get the door open, but he managed. His voice was a bit lower, in volume and tone, "For a while, I believed you just liked the chase more than... Chase." He gestured to himself, indicating he meant his name instead of the verb.

Once past the threshold, it was left to Leif to close the door behind them. Chase's fingers started toying with the hem of Leif's shirt. "I am grateful you're not one for instant slumber when the sun rises." Wuffle wuffle. "Grateful for many things, truth be told." He planned on showing a lot of gratitude as soon as they made it to the bed as he added, "Also very grateful Turid sleeps through almost anything." Chuckle.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

RRheadshot.jpg
Bahg Tallows
Britt-21 Britt-21 AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver-

Bahg let everyone have a moment to speak, so he could address all their concerns and questions. "I don't currently have any information on the 'where or when' you might have been drawn from. With Leira's assistance, we'll confirm what we suspect is or is not the case." He did his best to make eye contact with everyone, his expression reflecting understanding and worry. "Assuming what we suspect is indeed the case, we'll have maybe a couple of weeks, best guess, before who you were, is overwritten by the body you currently inhabit. So, we'll have to move fast."

His gaze settled on Vivian and Nahla. "As for knowing that you two are sisters, it is possible. There are some aspects that seem to be the same or consistent through the different planes of existence, timelines, alternate worlds. Gut instincts, relationships, even other people around you, are likely to have some sort of thread tying them to you. Even to the body you now reside in, perhaps they are an ancestor, or a parallel you. There are really near endless explanations. And truth be told, I have a basic understanding of it. Alas, our time is better spent trying to get you home, and returning the rightful owners."

Bahg then addressed Aria's question. "We have yet to figure out why we are the luck recipients of repeated raids and attacks. Those who have been questioned simply state they are after something specific here, but they were lackeys, and not told the specifics beyond the order to take and control this village. I believe the goal was to incapacitate our strongest defenders. If you're not familiar with the body you're in, you're even less familiar with the magics and abilities the body can wield. It would take time and practice to get you back up to speed, and that would be time they can use against us."

Bahg then moved to a door inside the home. It opened up into what looked like an alchemist's study, with a couple of chairs, bookcases with tomes and components, and a table with vials and various potions. Leira moved to enter, as he addressed those gathered. "I know this hasn't really sunk in yet, but we need to proceed as quickly as possible. Is there anyone here willing to undergo a more thorough examination now?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

Chase’s words drew a smile from Leif, and like before, he remembered a few more things. Especially when Chase leaned in close, taking in a deep breath that ignited goosebump giving sparks only they could feel. Leif barely repressed a shiver, and Chase’s wicked smile was met with an equally wicked glare and a small smirk as fingers showed an increased determination in untying those laces.

Unlike shifters, for Leif it was the scent of blood that stood out above any others most of the time. This was, however, an exception, and despite the powerful blood he had within easy reach, blood was among the last things that crossed his mind at that moment, a mind that was taken by an instinct different from a vampire’s predatory one; one far more widespread, common to most creatures.

“I didn’t.” he answered with a smirk when Chase asked about him making the bed. “I counted we’d take care of that later.” Leif had to resist the urge to cover the distance to the bed in a couple of seconds, and instead accompanied Chase on that measured pace that also served to build up a very welcome kind of tension.

“Nah, I just needed a bit to get used to being chased. Always been more used to chasing.” he answered in a similar tone and volume and gave a small chuckle. While Chase had fumbled to get the door open, Leif had stepped even closer, and as they got past the threshold, fingers twirled around the fabric of Chase’s tunic and Leif turned them both around. One hand let go of Chase to close the door behind him, and he gave a couple of steps forward, holding the man against the now closed door while the other hand was pressed flat to the door behind them.

“Who needs slumber?” he said when Chase spoke again, then chuckled, although the wicked glare never left his eyes. “I’m grateful too. Grateful your gut instinct was right.” And he leaned in slowly, but when lips were close enough, the kiss was intense, and bodies were pressed together, finally channeling the built up tension. There was a brief pause when Leif pulled Chase’s tunic over his head and out of the way, and then later when they finally made their way to bed.

Last edited:
Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words AsherMasher AsherMasher Maeteris Maeteris Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

A woman with fire in her eyes had stepped forward, the sharp gaze piercing her own as the woman snapped at the chief. Something about this woman, unseen until she spoke, made Nahla's chest tighten. She could feel her throat swell, a desperate swallow catching between tongue and teeth as she desperately tried to decipher her reaction. Something, something, that same something that had pounded at her heart and head since she'd awoken was back with a fury of torrenting thunder as she stared at the woman whose face mimicked her own. Something--something achingly familiar but out of grasp, a hair's length from her fingers as Nahla desperately reached for the boundaries of a memory stripped of any foundations beyond its emotional weight.

A warmth pricked at her cheeks. A soft touch confirmed tears now streaked down to her jaw. She brushed them away, furious.

Others were voicing their concern and confusion, thankfully pulling the attention away from her as she scrubbed her cheeks and let out a harsh breath. So they had all been taken from their places, maybe even their times--robbed of their memories, of a life left lived and forgotten. That would explain the weight in her chest, the heaviness that had dragged her shoulders downward and her feet across the floor even as her partner's, the man she shared a life with--or, Nahla, the real Nahla--smiled and laughed. It would make more sense for her to be grieving then, aware in some unconscious reality of the exact extent of her loss, but she had not felt sad--not really, not until she looked at this woman across her.

Her sister.

Her sister had followed her here, if the chief was correct. If he was correct in that, he may be correct in everything else--every goddamn detail, down to why they were the people they are now. The relationships they held to the bodies they inhabited.

Ice ran down her body.

Fuck.

The body she inhabited. Her relationship to the real Nahla. The world she lived in.

Fuck.

Indy surged forward, shouldering past the chief to storm into the room he had opened. She didn't bother glancing at the cabinets, didn't give two shits about the array of suspicious potions and weird-ass magic textbooks lining the shelves. The chair creaked as she dropped into it, arms crossed tightly as her lips pressed into a tight line.

"I'll take your bullshit test," she said flatly. "I woke up in a man's bed this morning. If what you're saying is true, I'd really, really like to know whether or not that man is my great, great, great whatever-the-hell grandfather." Because, god help me, I already kissed the idiot.

chase09.jpg
Chases-Death
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Chase let out a huskier wuffle when he found himself held against the now closed door. "It's good to be chased now and then." He might have had more quips, but the subsequent kiss swept his breath away, along with any thoughts in his head. He was left with instincts and feelings as they made it to the bed. Chase had always been pretty expressive with what he was feeling, and he liked to make sure Leif knew just what he was feeling. Wuffle wuffle.

Chase wasn't one to hold back, save for trying to keep his wuffling and growls at an appropriate volume. Sure, Turid slumbered soundly during the day, but didn't mean they needed to press their luck with being overtly loud. There was the typical light clawing, playful nips and growls, but it felt like there was more general exploration this time. The spark was more intense, almost like the first shared experience. Chase's blue eyes drank Leif in, when they were face to face, his grin and wuffles showing his enjoyment, if there was ever a doubt.

There shouldn't be any doubts.

Chase offered the side of his neck to the vampire, just as freely as he had offered his heart. Chase knew he would wind up having to sleep during the day, but had long ago adjusted his schedule to be a night owl. He wouldn't have been able to pursue Leif without a change to his sleeping habits, and he hadn't regretted it once. The Tamus would know it would be better to talk to Leif during the night anyway, so surely he wouldn't come knocking while the sun was in the sky.

It was a bet Chase was more than willing to take as he urged Leif to feed. In his mind, it was the best way to spend the day, in bed beside the one he chose as his partner, his mate, his heart. "I love you." Wuffle wuffle. Nothing more needed to be said.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

RRheadshot.jpg
Bahg Tallows
Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Britt-21 Britt-21

For a little while, it seemed as if everyone was shell shocked. It was a lot of information to soak in, especially when combined with the confusion everyone likely felt. There was some movement though, Dwight started to move, but Nahla had a determined expression as she stood up and surged forward into the room before saying anything. "All right, this shouldn't take long so, if you are ready for your own test, please stay near. Otherwise, you can go back home, decide to speak about it with those in your household, or not, but I will need you back here later today, or first thing in the morning."

Bahg made sure he had nods of agreement, before closing the door, leaving Nahla, Leira and himself in the small room. Leira was already moving to the shelves with various components, selecting a few choice herbs, and crystals. "Nahla, the first part will be easy for you. You just have to sit there and relax as much as you are able to." He could tell by her motions and expressions, Nahla was somewhat troubled. And that was probably putting it mildly.

Leira was already crushing some herbs into a bowl, and rubbing the crystals in the mixture. Her voice was quiet, but strong as she cast a spell upon the crystal. "Mgah'ehye seeds ot discord ah given mgleth. Mgah'ehye n'ghft'drnn ot yar ah set na'ah'ehye. C' mgah'n'ghft way, mgleth path, mgleth origination ot frn inhabits bthnk mgep c'."

The crystal was rubbed clean with a soft white cloth next to the bowl. Bahg spoke quietly to Nahla. "Take deep breaths, relax, close your eyes if it helps, but think about one of the first memories you had upon awakening. A memory not of this time. Hold onto that memory for a few minutes, please." He stood off to one side, as Leira turned, holding up the crystal in front of her right eye, peering at Nahla.

While outside the room, Dwight seemed ready to be next to go, while the others appeared to be dwelling upon the possible ramifications of being out of their timeline, maybe even out of their dimension.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Roje.png

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4c7831465a554666424a4f4157513d3d2d3434333534313137322e313464333135333736303763343736383830323431333638313439352e676966

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher | Location: PTA

He had no idea where or when they had come from. This was something Roje didn't want to hear coming out of his mouth after revealing such a big issue. There was a little bit of hope, coming from a woman: Leira. Bahg claimed she'd assist and confirm what's true and what's not. I guess we have no choice but to sit and wait then? she thought, crossing her arms. However, her surprise was shown on her face as he mentioned there being maybe a couple of weeks before they began to lose who they once were. When he mentioned her sister, she briefly glanced at her before returning her gaze back to Bahg and continuing to listen to what he had to say. What he says makes sense. Not only with Nahla, but with Dusk too. I cried a little, my heart skipped beats. It made no sense to me as to why I felt that way so strongly even though I'd been asleep for three days. But now it all makes sense. Knowing that this body isn't mine, my ties to these people would be here in some way. As Bahg said, a thread of some sort.

Tuning back in, she caught just barely the last of his conversation with Aria, mentioning that if they weren't familiar with their own bodies, then they'd be even more lost on their own abilities. That's just great... Hopefully some of these people have what they already know. the male began to move, opening a door and revealing an alchemist room, to which peaked her curiosity but she remained in her place. "Thorough examination?" she muttered to herself, only to hear someone quickly jolt from their seat and into the room. Upon further inspection, it was her sister charging in, sounding tired and pissed off at the situation. But Roje couldn't help the words that came out of her mouth "I mean, to be fair, at this point you aren't that much related to him." she joked, a grin tugging her lips as she tried to find some light to the situation. Despite the stress, the pressure, there needed to be something to lighten the air.

Bahg made it clear that he needed them today or first thing in the morning. A part of Roje wanted to stay and get this done and over with. But another part of her wanted to go tell Dusk about it all. Tell him that she wasn't his real Vivian that he knew and loved. There was no reason he should've been in the dark about this whole thing, and if he really cared for Vivian the way he did, then he'd do his damn hardest to protect her body till she was brought back. With furrowed eyebrows and a gaze toward the floor, her hands dropped to her sides, clenching as she thought about this situation. Dammit, how would someone react to being told that the person in front of them, isn't the person they know and love? That's like the ultimate deceiving move on someone. Fuck...Shit... clenching her jaw, she sucked her teeth and turned toward the door that lead outside "I'll be back. I have something I need to take care of." pulling open the door, she stepped out, the cold air brushing against her cheeks.

Upon standing outside in the cold, she looked around in search of Dusk. Roje found him, but he was talking with his son. About what? She had no idea, but right now, it felt as if the conversation that had just took place within the building was more important...more crucial. As the snow crunched beneath her feet, she soon arrived at the pair and spoke up "Hey you two." she said, a slight smile tugging one corner of her lips but fading quickly as fast as it came "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

Ravens was already looking around Vivian for Aria. "Aria done, too?"

Dusk chuckled in that husky way of his, and clapped a hand on his son's shoulder. "Patience." He grinned at V, but his eyes held concern over what the Tamus needed to speak to them separately about. "Just trying to teach the kid here the value of patience." Chuckle.

Roje glanced at Ravens "No, not exactly. She'll come out eventually. Everyone had a choice to come out or stay in, but had to come back by at least early morning tomorrow." looking between the pair, she spoke "Patience doesn't come easy. I don't have any if I'm entirely honest." drawing in a deep breath, she glanced around and puffed up her cheeks as she released that breath "So there's lots of bad news and only one good news. I'm not sure if you both want to hear it." might as well hit two birds with one stone. "Ravens, you could either wait for Aria, or hear what I have to say."

Ravens fidgeted, gazing between Vivian and the building. Eventually, he just gave a bit of a shrug and sideways grin. "I'll let her tell it. I'll go wait for her."

Which left Dusk and V. He dipped his chin, kissing her forehead as arms wound around her waist to tug her close. "Are you done here? Or do you need to stick around?"

Thank God. she thought before she felt lips press up against her forehead and arms wrap around her that tugged her closer. She moved, but yet still felt guilty in a sense "I'm sticking around but there's no way in hell I'll be able to stay calm till I tell you this, Dusk." her hazel eyes lifted up to him "I'm...not who you think I am." she admitted, feeling a small pang in her heart "I may look it, and probably act like it...But... I'm not the Vivian you know and love so much." she pursed her lips and lowered her head a little "I didn't know who I was until I learned from the Tamus."

Dusk tilted his head, hands lifting to frame her face. He tilted her head this way and that, a small somewhat bemused smile. "Well, you sure felt like someone I know this morning." Rumble.

Roje couldn't help but look at him once again, seeing that small smile and hearing his rumble... Dammit "Because it's possible I have a thread to you from another dimension." it was the one reply that would hopefully make sense to him "The Vivian you know got sent into the body I was in...wherever I was, in whatever time. Where as I...Was shoved into hers. Which was why I couldn't remember anything, why everything felt strange but familiar at the same time." she lifted her hands, grasping his wrists and just holding onto them "I don't even know how this body works more than likely. What it does, what magic it has."

Dusk's expression turned into confusion before hands settled on either side of her waist. "Sounds like there's more to be discussed back home. If you're not done here, I'll wait for you." It was too much to take in right then and there, so he'd mull it around while waiting for her to finish with the Tamus.

Roje knew he'd be confused, it was a confusing thing to comprehend "That's fine, I just... Didn't want to keep you mostly in the dark. It doesn't feel right pretending to be someone I'm not. It feels like I'm deceiving you, even more so now that I know, what I know."

Dusk gave her another kiss to her forehead, and then sent her on her way with a little swat to the rear end. "Still in the dark, darlin'. Do what you need to finish up. I'll be here."

With a roll of her eyes, she shook her head "Then I'll tell you later." with that said, she walked back to the building and going right back in, closing the door behind her.

Upon going back inside, she waited patiently till it was her time to go in. Instructions were simple, sit in the chair, take a deep breath, and think about a memory that wasn't of this time. Easier said than done to say the least. Closing her eyes, she drew her breath and let it out, trying to relax her nerves I feel like I'm about to undergo some sort of surgery or some shit. she thought, but wait, a memory not of this time? She's shadow kissed here, she has her sister here as well...Her family? What about her family? The fake family. They're not of this world right? What about her species? Was she a different kind at the time? Going with this, she decided to go with a possible memory of being a different species. One that revealed her to be a Vampire.​

Last edited:
Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

There weren't any doubts.

Leif wouldn’t be able to tell what was guiding him; if pure instinct, if Chase himself, if their past experiences… while new, apparently fresh memories that erupted in pieces told him of their past experiences, the spark, the fire between them spoke otherwise. The excitement was that of a first time together, or a reunion after a very long time, yet there were no doubts, no insecurities, no holding back - they were past that. Who would’ve thought amnesia would turn out being so convenient? Regardless of the answer to what was guiding them, the fact was that that was a dance they knew well, and were good at.

Hunting, the thrill that came with it, and the fear still boiling within his prey’s veins by the end of it had always been an important part of Leif’s routine. But it was there, in bed with Chase, that he remembered why he hadn't needed to hunt nearly as often lately. Free, offered blood, while not common, was also not too uncommon to come by. But blood offered with such devotion, and especially in such circumstances, had an appeal of its own, a ‘seasoning’ that was more than enough to keep Leif’s more dangerous instincts mostly in check.

So Leif bowed his head down, lips teasing a kiss as they brushed against his lover’s but quickly moved to his neck, although instead of the expected bite, they planted a series of kisses and nibbles before they moved again to whisper on Chase’s ear.

“And I love you.” his warm breath reflected a breathing that was still shallow and fast. “Let me show you.” Again, that was. And then he did indulge in the blood, but as he pulled his head back up, he craved more, for he hadn’t taken enough. Because more than craving blood, he craved to again demonstrate what he’d just said, and wasn’t ready to let Chase fall into slumber just yet.

Silver Blackwood | the meeting > examination room | Out Of Words Out Of Words Britt-21 Britt-21
Bahg’s response to her question failed to sit well with Silver as she leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms loosely as if the movement would distract her from all the holes in the answers they’d been given. She couldn’t tell if Leira or the Tamus himself were to be trusted despite the warm memories that flowed in when thinking about the latter. Incapacitating the strongest fighters in a community of interest was definitely a step forward when attempting the whole ‘divide and conquer’ concept but why go so far as to doing that instead of capturing them or something? What exactly was so interesting about this tucked away place that sparked the interest of their foes? Silver breathed a quiet sigh as the newest issue came to light—the examination. The idea of it had her hearing blood roaring in her ears as her instincts screamed at her for even pondering the idea of allowing herself to be in a small room with two unknown people conducting some type of ritual on her.

If not today, then tomorrow, Bahg had pressed. The idea of waiting until tomorrow would bring nothing but insomnia, she was sure. Upon catching movement, Vivian stated she’d be back as she got up and exited the room. Vivian was.. Dusk’s mate and Ravens’s mother? Memories flooded her mind further of get together they’d once had, Ravens introducing her to his parents. How easily these memories clung to her and flowed in like water while she also had doubts buzzing through her mind made her want to rid herself of all memory entirely.

Deciding to go with it, Silver went ahead and undergo the examination despite the uncomfortable stirring in her stomach that offered her nothing but bad vibes. She didn’t want to go back out into the cold with even more confusion and less concrete information than she had before. Once her turn came around, she did her best to relax as much as she could with two strangers standing by her. She knew them and she also didn’t know them. Silver then focused on Leira’s low murmurs, pushing through the memories that were fresh and reaching through that fog that barred her from the truth. Here, she couldn’t remember her family other than Dusk, Vivian and Ravens, which incited images of faces eerily familiar to her but she couldn’t fully place. It was sort of like how dreams shifted from one to the other without warning at first, offering her brief images or emotions that couldn’t be placed until it settled on what she tried to focus on. Something important to her.

She was in some sort of plant nursery with her parents—her real parents. Her voice sounded softer as she spoke to them, asking them if the owners of the nursery had a dog. Placing their trust in her, they allowed her to go off and find the dog while they shopped. She came across a red dog house with a post standing in front of it, a chain attached to it then leading to a large black dog staring at her from the shadows. She went up to it rather slowly, reaching a small hand out to pet the top of its head only to be distracted by a warbling at her right. Tucked behind a smaller nearby structure had been a large turkey, staring at her with interest. The moment of distraction had been enough for the dog to clamp its mouth down over her hand in a scissor-like bite, her eyes locking to meet its intelligent ones.

It looked like it knew exactly what it was doing. Pain failed to race up her arm but bright red blood slipped out from beneath its muzzle as younger Silver continued to hold the dog’s unwavering look. When it wouldn’t release its grip, she merely began crying loudly. The dream shifted to later where she was leaning against the door of a car, her parents desperately trying to keep her awake as she began drifting off while favoring her right hand that was dotted with maims from a canine. Her mother patted at her knee, but she felt nothing but the blood welling from her hand and couldn’t focus any longer as the dream began to blur, dispersing as Silver gradually gained consciousness.

Indy (Nahla?)

She worried her lip, shifting as the chair creaked beneath her. Despite being assured this test would be "easy," she felt like her back was resting against a wall of splinters. That was the way doctor's visits usually went, anyway; you show up hoping for an answer and leave more confused than before. That's what she expected now. She tried to shut her eyes, squeezing them against the temptation to peek as Leela, Laka, whatever-a began chanting what could only be described as some summoning spell for a weekend demon.

Slowly, like ink spreading across a wet page, a memory began to form in her mind. She thought it may be one connected to the feelings she still harbored; something in relation to her sister, something about the coin on her neck, but it was neither. The face in her memory was blurred, long hair framing wide eyes and undefined features as she clung to the woman's neck, flexing fingers exchanged for claws. In the edges of her vision, she saw trees--long soldiers standing watch as the woman grasped Indy to her chest and gasped.

She was saying something, but the words didn't process. They were lost, not noted by Indy's memory due to her own state of panic and confusion that she only now remembered. Something about her form was wrong, scary and unfamiliar. She had done something, and now this woman--mom, her mother--was upset. Indy knew that, that they had to hide now, away from the trees and the people around them...

Indy awoke. Her breath came in heavy heaves, her heart pounding in her ears and chest as she grasped at the seat of the wooden chair. "Jesus." She sighed heavily, leaning back in the chair as she began to calm, still reeling from the memory.

RRheadshot.jpg
Bahg Tallows

Rhyme Rhyme Britt-21 Britt-21 Silver- Silver- KodakWolf KodakWolf AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian

While Leif and Chase became even better acquainted with one another before letting a well earned slumber take them, Bahg and Leira went through the testing of those who were ready to be tested. Nahla was first to volunteer, and had settled into the chair while Leira stared through the crystal. For his part, Bahg worked on staying out of the way, and giving instruction to the one in the chair. Leira was the seer, and the one actually performing the 'tests'.

The test itself was fairly short, however for the one in the chair, lost in the memory, it could feel a lot longer. Time warped, stretched, and the memory lingered with threads visible to the seer. Remnants would cling to the user's core, and the 'borrowed' body. When Nahla stirred, grasping at the chair with a gasp, Leira had already tucked the crystal away into a separate box and was writing Nahla's name on top.

"It is confirmed, you are not of this village. This crystal is now attuned to your traveling spirit, and will be crucial to making things right again." The box was then set into a drawer before Leira turned around to look at Nahla. "First, we confirm, then we'll research how to correct it, and then, if all goes well, we send you back to your rightful home." She started to clean up the crushed herbs to prepare for the next person. "Ponder your questions, write them down if you need, and when everyone has been tested, we'll go through everyone's questions."

Bahg held out a hand if she needed a moment to steady herself, but it was clear the needed to test the next one. "Rest, don't strain yourself today. Again, it is your choice if you wish to tell those of your household, but please don't talk about this with anyone not of your house." It would be a security risk for certain. He was patient, but Nahla would be escorted out and the next one inside.

Leira repeated the process from the start, crushing up the herbs while Bahg talked them through relaxing and thinking of a memory not of this village. Each person had their own crystal she used to study them while the memory surfaced. There was Vivian, with memories of being turned into a night walker, which was decidedly different from the body she occupied now. Followed by Aria, bitten by a wolf spirit while surrounded by plants, not in nature, but made with purpose by humans.

Each had their own crystal tucked away in a box for safety, and the name of the borrowed body scrawled along the top. Each had the same small spiel from Leira and Bahg. They still had to confirm a few more, and meet with Leif once the sun set to confirm his status. Though some might need a bit more persuading to step into the room and be tested.

As Nahla, Vivian and Aria were given leeway to leave, Bahg spoke to those remaining to be confirmed. "As you've seen, this only takes a few minutes of your time. The sooner we finish, the quicker we can look into the best way to remedy your situation. The sooner we can get you back to your true home."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Roje.png
tumblr_inline_oxz6mqzcAs1svmhq3_250.gifv

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Bahg's Place -> Dusk & Vivian's cottage

The memory that was once lost had returned to her. Revealing her to be a creature of the night, one that would prey on those vulnerable. Which happened to be animals rather than human beings. It felt far more familiar, compared to the body she was sitting in now. This memory was one she hadn't had before, not like those that stuck. This was fresh, but also old at the same time. Before she could even try more, she suddenly woke up with a slight jump and a gasp as if someone shook her awake. Hazel eyes scanned the room, landing on Leira and soon Bahg who claim she wasn't from this village. I had no doubt's in my mind.. she thought and gave him a nod "A crystal will help get me back...Got it." she began to get out of the seat, pausing as he gave her a warning not to talk about this outside of those in her home. "Got it Chief. I'll be here, not like I'm going far." getting up from the seat, she began to make her way out, exiting the building all together.

I'm a Vampire in the body I came from. Ha, its funny, I can think of plenty ideas on what I'd do as one. stepping out into the cold, her mind continued to swirl in thought. She began to move toward where her lover had been, giving him a very brief smile before grasping his hand and heading back home. Roje had to start from the beginning, keep Dusk on track without losing him "You're sitting your ass down when we get home." she suddenly said, breaking the silence between them as she glanced over "It's one hell of a ride, I'll tell you that." drawing in a cold breath, she released it a second later, heading to and inside the home in which they both inhabited. Roje quietly took off her shoes and moved into the house, lifting a hand and running it through her hair in frustration...Perhaps nervousness? "Alright. This is gonna suck, for both of us honestly." her back remained toward him as her hand dropped to her side. Letting out a huff of air, she turned and spoke "This body may be Vivian, but I'm not her." she started "According to Mr Wizard in there, he claims that some of us aren't part of this world and we're from another."

"He did a test on some of us already, from how it seems, I'm a vampire in this other time. Which would explain why I don't feel entirely comfortable in this body."
it really sounded like she was making excuses to get away in a sense "I'm not... I don't... know how to operate this body other than its normal functions. Hell, I don't even know entirely what I am." she lifted her hands a little and shrugged, dropping them back down "My body reacted in ways that wouldn't make sense to someone who's been sleeping for three days after a battle. When seeing you, my heart raced, my stomach did flip flops. I almost even cried. Why? I don't know." biting her lip for a moment, she continued "Bahg told us that there was some kind of thread which ties me to you, ties me to my sister. Those are the only threads I feel strongly about. These...Friends we have? I don't feel any connection, no knowledge of knowing them." her hands clenched into fists as she turned part of herself slightly away, clenching her jaw.

"So, basically, I'm not your Vivian. I'm a Vampire from another timeline that's in your woman's body. Where as she is in mine. The unfortunate part of all this, is if we don't move quickly, I will lose my sense of self and become Vivian. Where as she will become Vampire me, more than likely."
she glanced back at him, hoping that he followed along with everything she had said.​

Dwight 'Edwin' Augen
Tags:

Dwight had been ready to step into the test first, but a young woman bull rushed her way in first. Possibly for the best, as this gave him time to think upon his own memories, and gave him and idea of what the test was. He knew it wouldn't be easy for him, so it was best to let others go first who were ready.

Memories not of this time. His first hunt wasn't of this time, that was ages back when the wolf spirit had still lived. That memory had clung to him since he had allowed the spirit to pass through him mere weeks ago. The memory of flying free through the air, and the pain of being shot down by a hunter. The memories of a panicked run through the woods, the slithering across the sands, tunneling through snow, swimming through the waterfall. A thousand lives, a thousand times, all flowed through his mind. Each memory fresh and real as though they were his own.

Before he knew it, it was his turn. He sat down, and while half way listening to the speech, picked a memory to focus on. Meeting the dragon. He wasn't sure which spirit it was, but the cave was full of humans, so it was possible it was a human memory. Had he allowed the spirits of men to join him before? Perhaps in his youth, when he sought to test his limits and the dangers in old tales.

"Down here, it's not too bad..." The words drifted in on the memory. Words of a dragon, words of fear. "Why is the moon bleeding?" When? When was this memory from, when had the moon been bleeding. The words were becoming clearer, sharper. "I think we may be stuck in some type of magic time loop."

Then the memory snapped closed. Edwin fell forward, curling at his stomach. He felt as though he'd been drowning. He gasped for breath. The air felt thin, felt as though it would never fill his lungs. And it wouldn't, for they weren't his lungs. He felt the body fight for it's hold. In a final attempt at maintaining himself, he drifted out, before the clutched of Dwight could drag him under. It would give him time, and a chance to talk to the body. He clutched to the bear that was supporting him, watching as events unfolded while he tried to gather himself again.

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death ( Out Of Words Out Of Words Out Of Words Out Of Words )

As Leif woke up, his eyes were met with the sight of a mass or dark hair and a scent that was pretty familiar. Chase was still out, which wasn’t really unexpected. Rolling on his back, pulling a bit away from Chase, slowly so as not to wake him up, he examined the wooden ceiling for several minutes before his mind started to register something that while not foreign, felt definitely strange. Was that the scent of alcohol?

And with that realization, he also took note that the ceiling, while also obviously made of wood, was very different from that which they’d fallen asleep under. Or wasn’t it? A quick glance at both Chase and himself confirmed they were both dressed, which felt strange, because that definitely wasn’t how he remembered having fallen asleep. Moving to sit on the edge of the bed, he examined the room they were both in, and two words popped in his mind, striking with full force and a whole lot of memories that came with them.

Wright Wranch.

Now the scent of alcohol started making sense, as did the rustic but luxurious room they were in, as did the sight out the window that revealed the still set up improvised list field where the safer version of jousting had taken place likely a few hours ago, for it was still dark. What the hell had they been drinking? Yet that question was by for not the most important for now. What the hell was that dream he'd just had? Had it been just a dream?

Leif let the curtain he’d been peeking through fall back into place, and stood still for a moment, eyes staring blankly at the closed curtains as his mind reeled, trying to process and understand what was going on. He had (at least) two very distinct sets of memories, both suddenly vividly clear. Which one was right? Were any of them real? Where was he right now, for real? Was that how going crazy felt like?

His mind found only more and more questions, and no answers whatsoever. Was the air around him really getting thicker, heavier, poorer in oxygen, or was that all in his mind? His mind’s reaction to the whole confusion? No, he was sick. His lungs hadn’t been well for quite a while now, and didn’t seem to be getting any better, much on the contrary. That was why he couldn’t breathe well.

Invaded by a strange sense of calmness, because upon reaching that conclusion breathing felt like something optional, and the heavy air became something he could easily ignore, he paced into the bathroom, stopping in front of the mirror. What led him there, he couldn’t tell. He wasn’t really thinking anymore. Thinking had become too straining with all those thoughts and memories.

What greeted him as he stared into the mirror somehow evoked no emotions. It was like he already knew it was there, waiting for him. The beastly vampire, the creature that, while not simply him, was a part of him he acknowledged and lived with, stared back with sunken eyes framed by a pale, cold and hairless skin. The killing machine, which sought to inflict death even more than consume blood. A glance down showed he was still human, despite what was in the mirror.

And then something caught his eye, behind him, through the mirror. It wasn’t Chase that was lying on the bed anymore. It was the bartender, from that hotel in… Kansas, was it? He didn’t question the strangeness of the sudden change. Usually, you only question a dream’s logic after you’ve woken up, isn’t it how it goes? The woman still breathed, and in some sort of deja vu, he, or more specifically, the beast, that was also him, felt like she shouldn’t be.

Leif’s eyes stared into the beasts again for a moment, before he again glanced down, and this time it revealed a body no longer human: long limbs, claws, membranous wings. The creature was no longer only inside the mirror. It turned around, eyes fixating on the slumbering prey, the woman it ought to make sure would never wake up again.

It opened its mouth to let out a bone chilling hiss, but froze before any sounds could be heard. In the distance, it heard something. Leif heard something. A deep, guttural voice. A chant that seemed to continuously increase in volume, one he knew all too well, and yet couldn’t properly place, his mind too foggy and too filled with mixed memories for him to make sense of anything.

But the chant got louder, to the point it seemed to be coming from within his own head. And as it got louder and louder, he remembered how hard breathing was, and how distressing and painful the lack of oxygen could be. He desperately needed to breathe, to cough whatever was filling his lungs, but his body didn't respond. His heart raced, head hurting from trying to understand what was going on to no avail, and the creature - Leif - did the only thing it could think of to make the now rumbling, deafening voice go away from within its head: it suddenly turned its back to the still sleeping woman on the bed, and with a strength proportional to its level of distress, dove in to smash its head against the bathroom mirror.

Ashley chewed at her bottom lip anxiously. Listening to Bahg explain their current situation helped answer some questions, but mostly left her with even more questions. She looked down at her hands and examined them as though they were a foreign object. Each knuckle and wrinkle upon her palm was her and physically felt like her. Her mind tried to wrap itself around the confusing conundrum only to increase the tension that was ever present since the morning.

A breath caught in her throat at the possibility of the ritual. This is it. Maybe this can finally answer who I was or am. As people walked towards the room, Ashely found herself wondering what memories she could remember. The thick fog in her head parted slightly, only to reveal a little house with two faceless people in the kitchen. The further she pressed, the farther the people seemed to be until they were nothing but shadows on peeling wallpaper. Ashley sighed as the smell of incense flooded her already overwhelmed system.

As the line of people came and went she lost herself in that memory trying to piece together where it was and whom was in it. Without realizing it Ashley was one of the final people waiting for their turn. Waking herself out of the fog, she cautiously stepped forward towards the room and gave a quick nod to Bahg. "I'm a little nervous," she chuckled quietly. She took a seat in the chair and began toying with the ends of her shirt. The smell of incense was even stronger as she closed her eyes to focus. She did not see the crystal being raised, but in an instant like dingy kitchen memory was suddenly crashing over her like a wave. Ashley felt as though she was thrown into the room and left gasping for air on the floor. The cluttered kitchen counter, the floral wallpaper, the shiny tile floor, and the quaint table stacked with freshly made food seemed to stand out drastically than its muddy counterpart moments ago.

The once faceless shadows were two older people, one man and one woman, sitting peacefully eating their breakfast with one another in a comfortable silence. "H-hello?" Ashley whispers to the memory. The older woman smiles towards her. In that moment, she feels a heavy thump in her chest as her heart aches. "Come get breakfast, sweetie." the woman says. "I made your favorite. Chocolate chip pancakes with bacon." At that moment, the memory is thrown back into a deep haze. Suddenly, Ashley gasps out and clutches her shirt. Her hands shake as she tries to console herself through deep breathing. She cautiously opens her eyes and looks over to Bahg with mournful eyes. "This isn't my home." She sniffles and wipes her face as she stands up from the chair. "I want to go home."

Silver Blackwood | the meeting > outskirts of the community house | Out Of Words Out Of Words
Fangs sunk easily into soft flesh, drawing crimson from beneath the surface with streaks beginning to race down unmarred skin. A soft growl brought hot breath lapping over Silver’s captured hand as she stood there, caught between reacting naturally to the bite despite the lack of pain it incited and wondering just what kind of dog carried such an aura of sentience. It appeared to be testing her in a way, purposely keeping her clutched within its grasp like prey but never once deciding to saw further into her hand when it could’ve effortlessly incapacitated her if it had chosen to do so.

Silver awakened with a shudder, gutturally murmured incantations finally registering in her ears as her mind ceased to entrench her in past memory. She half listened to Bahg as her body instinctively moved forward in order to widen the distance between her and them out of wariness, only offering him and Leira a wordless nod as her crystal was boxed and labeled with the rest of those whom had undergone the same procedure. A deep seated headache was her reward for it all, her face twisting into a flitting expression of pain as all the sounds around her became an uproar as she grew sensitive even to the quiet thud of her own footfalls while she drew away from the alchemist nook.

It was all too loud. Footsteps drumming against the earth, the hum of conversation, doors creaking and shutting nearby. She was sure the right thing to do now would’ve been to go talk to Ravens and hear what maybe Dusk and Vivian had to say about what both she and Vivian had seen but her legs followed a different, more familiar path. Silver found herself closer to the outskirts of the village, her backside meeting the sturdy bark of one of the trees lining the edge of the forest. She knew her way back to the community house from here, she realized as she could she the building sitting at a good distance from her. Silver slid down the arbor’s trunk and plopped onto the dewy grass as if she’d done it a million times in the same spot. Whenever the buzz of humanity became overwhelming, she came here to soothe her senses. Images of her curled up in her wolf form in the same spot sat in her mind as she drew her knees to her chest and buried her face in her arms. Sounds of civilization still chorused but it was quiet enough here that she could finally loosen her shoulders and just relax and think.

How would Ravens react knowing that she wasn’t exactly the same receiver of his affections? Betrayed? Anxious? Judging by the way he’d reacted when her emotions were jumbled, she considered he probably wouldn’t carry the news well. Fear clutched her in the same bite-like grasp as the dog in her memories had, her right hand tightening to dig her nails savagely into her palms. She knew that she didn’t quite know this Ravens but the idea of being the source of his disappointment or disdain threatened to close up her throat as she felt her face growing hotter.

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

The chief held out his hand to Indy but she shrugged it away, throwing them both a hard glare that swiveled from face to face until it landed on that crystal, now locked away in a box and shut inside the drawer. The coin around her neck seemed to burn with cold frost as she stared. It wasn't exactly comforting knowing they had some sort of piece of herself locked in a drawer, but she barely had time to process before she had stood and left the room.

Frankly, it was just all a little infuriating. Too much information to process; the glass wasn’t just full, it was fucking overflowing onto her shoes. She was trudging through it, feeling the weight of the memories soak her trousers as she waded past the others remaining in the large hall and pushed past the wooden doors. It only took a moment to find that familiar mop of floppy hair, Augie standing in the square, partially obscured by a tree. His brows were raised in an attempt at absent care as he studied the crowd. He intended to look nonchalant, but the height of his brows and the pinched smirk on his lips only made him stick out in the bustling square.

She rushed toward him with jilted steps. She did not meet his gaze as he approached, only grabbed his arm and continued onward stiffly in what she thought was the correct direction back to the hut.

“We,” she growled lowly. “Are fucking related. I am from the future, a raccoon ate my pizza, and we are related.”

jason_momoa3.jpg
Hunts-At-Dusk
Vivian Britt-21 Britt-21

Dusk rumbled as he was tugged by the hand back home. Once the door was closed, he found himself guided to a chair and sat down. He had half a mind to see how much pushing Vivian would do to get him to sit, but sensed her distress. He remained quite while she spoke, letting the words and what it all meant soak in. His expression was somewhere between having eaten a lemon, and learning someone had kicked a puppy.

Dusk attempted to say something, only to close his mouth, tilt his head, make some hand gesture and try again. This happened probably three times before he was able to put words together in his head and push them out his mouth. "So.. you're a nightwalker, or.. your body was." He was slowly adding two and two together.

"Okay, so your body was a nightwalker, and now my V is in a nightwalker's body?" One hand rubbed along the side of his face, his voice still bearing a low rumble underneath it all. Almost a growl. "But.. you'll become V if you stay, and she'll become you?" This last bit had him thinking for a long while, where he was silent and just staring at her. Eventually though, he finished adding two and two, and came out with five.

"So if we just wait long enough, it'll correct itself? You'll be V, and who you were, returns to who you were?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Skullfull.png
GM POST
AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- Britt-21 Britt-21

OOC
After the testing, it is nearing lunch time.
Please include your character's actions from post-testing to sunset in your next post.

RRheadshot.jpg

Bahg and Leira finished testing the remaining group. Dwight had seemingly nearly passed out, and was set down on the sofa in the main room. Testing had to pause momentarily while they made sure Dwight was okay. "You can rest here as long as you need." Water was provided, as was another of Leira's biscuits, which would actually replenish a good bit of physical energy.

Ashley wound up being more distraught at the end of her testing, which was understandable. Leira did her best to try and help after tucking the crystal away. "That's our next step, to find a way to get you back home." The woman pressed a small vial into Ashley's hands. "If you find you cannot sleep tonight, this will give you a dreamless sleep. It's meant to help the body and mind rest, just drink a third of it with your evening meal." It was a light purple colored liquid in glass with a cork stopper.

And soon enough, everyone who had been waiting had finished the 'test'. Each one had been confirmed to be a victim of this Realmwalker magic, and were on borrowed time before they lost who they were completely. Bahg spoke to those still lingering. "If you have questions, or need anything, please come see me or Leira. She can also provide you with sleeping draughts if you need, and more. We will both be here more than not, as we are going to do our best to find a way to get you all back home."

He turned toward Leira and spoke a little quieter, but not really concerned about being overheard. "We'll need to visit the nightwalker's hut at sunset. He's the last one to test. We can start researching now though. I'll start digging through my tomes, and tonight we can also see if Turid might have something in her collection." And with one last reassuring smile at those still present, he turned and disappeared into the small room to rummage through the bookshelves.

Leira lingered, offering to make lunch for anyone who didn't feel like it themselves, offering whatever assistance they might need, but ultimately she also made sure everyone left. They couldn't be distracted when they had to quickly find a resolution.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back