• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Roje.png
tumblr_inline_p7lq3lMwsY1sccn28_250.gifv

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Lover's Cottage (I guess?)

Roje at first was tempted to snap easily as her anger always allowed. But for once, she didn't get angry, which in turn allowed her to take on Dusk's snap like a champ. He was right, did she really think he stayed with her every minute? Always spewing shit out of your mouth, huh? she thought to herself, getting irritated with her own actions. But the hand of her lover had prevented her from taking her anger out on herself and in its place, replaced it with comfort. Fucking hell... Always having this effect on me... she hated it, but at the same she had loved it. Dusk was her rock, someone who knew her, knew her even more than she knew herself sometimes. A grin seemed to pull at his lips before the door had opened suddenly, causing Roje to instinctively turn toward the door with the intent to attack.

But who came through was none other than Dusk's son. Slowly she began to lower her guard once again He really knows to give a woman a heart attack. Shit. aside from her racing heart and her knotted stomach, she was fine "Dammit Ravens." she muttered underneath her breath, listening to both men speak. Her eyes shifting from one to the other Leira? Aria? Ashley? Who the hell are those people? lifting her hand to her head, she figured that she had forgotten more than she had thought. Were those people friends? Family? Ah fuck it. I don't fucking know. I'll just stick to what I do know. continuing her silence, she watched as Ravens went on ahead and slammed the door shut after he left, causing the hazel-eyed woman to flinch slightly and slowly look toward Dusk who was sighing and shaking his head. Guess he has a habit of slamming doors that he opens.

An eyebrow raised at his words and a smirk began to tug the corner of her lips as she picked up on something she knew all too well "What's this I'm hearing?" she asked, moving her hands to her hips "Let's get me dressed? I didn't know that was a two person job." she slowly began to move away from him back to the room. "And here I thought you said you were going to be a good boy." she teased, laughing a little bit, finding herself sliding back into her skin once again. Maybe instead of fishing for answers, she just needed familiarity just to get a feel for everything once again.

Dusk held up his hands, eyebrows lifting with a deep chuckle. "Hey, I was a good boy." Hands started to lower as he began to herd her toward the bedroom. Voice now tinged with a very familiar growl.

"Now.. I am to be very, very... very good."

Roje felt excitement rush through her veins, she recognized his growls, but this one; Was even more familiar. "Is that so, Dusky?" she asked, walking backwards toward the door, using her memory to get there without looking. "You're not going to rip my clothes off, right?" Roje asked, tilting her head with that same grin planted on her lips.

"Augie would kill me if I ruin his hard work. So..." He entered the bedroom and closed the door behind them. "You might as well start taking them off. Save my life, darlin'."

"Oh I see, you just want me to do all the work." her hands reached the hem of her shirt, pulling it up and over before tossing it aside "And here I thought we were both going to help me."

"I'm just supervisin'. When you're done, I have to check and make sure all the clothing is off before you can put on anything else." Dusk moved to sit in the chair near the fireplace, and started to take off his boots.

"Pfft" she shook her head and continued to strip down, her back toward him "You know, Dusky, you never seem to stop surprising me."

Dusk continued with his own clothing removal, eyes never leaving her form. Chest filled with that familiar growl, that rumble. And once they were both sans clothing, his all too familiar touch would be making themselves all re-familiar like. "Guess I need to try new things, then."

Roje listened to every one of his growls, his rumbles, finding comfort in both. Despite her memories confirming she had been with Dusk before, her body had a completely different reaction. She cried just barely earlier, her heart constantly skipped beats, her stomach did flips with every touch, every gaze. Now? Her body wanted him, wanted to feel his love again, acting as if she had been separated from him for decades.​

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Turid Leifsdottir ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

Leif grinned when Turid emerged, mind still processing the relief that her death had been just a strange nightmare, or something of the sort. Truth was, he wasn’t giving it much thought at the moment. A vague remembrance lingered in the back of his mind, one in which those same feelings of joy and relief upon a reunion with Turid dwelled, feelings that had then been replaced by other feelings, more confused, more negative.

He remembered the feelings, but couldn’t recall much more of what had actually happened to cause them. Still, it was enough for him to conclude that as real as the present felt like, it could shatter again any minute now. And because of that, he placed his focus on her, and on whatever amount of time they’d have together this time, instantly hugging her back when she hugged him. His memory might have been heavily wiped out, but her warmth and her scent, even though time Leif could tell she was also a vampire, had lingered somewhere in his memory.

“I’ll do my best.” he nodded beneath Turid’s little glare. He made no promise, because he almost never lied to her, and never made promises he couldn’t keep, but his expression showed he meant it, even though he didn’t quite know how, as he placed an arm around her shoulders in a snuggle when she sat down next to him. First, he had to figure out what had happened, of course, but they’d get there.

Fourteen thirty-four. At least the calendar was one he recognized. What all that meant to Leif wasn’t clear yet, and the longer he gave it thought the less meaning his question had. Of course it was 1434. He did have the impression he’d visited a very different time, but that was a dream, wasn’t it? At least it felt more and more like one.

Then Turid carried on with the story, and Leif couldn’t give the current year much more thought, because what she said next definitely rang a bell. London. Hunters, in the dark of night. A few had been taken out, and as the memory flashed in his mind, the dark magic flowing in his blood stirred up as it also remembered what it felt like to inflict death. It felt like a strange kind of shiver, and it brought back more memories of how Leif intended to keep going, to keep fighting, but had to retreat in order to preserve the lives of the other two in his party that had been injured - Turid, and someone else whose face was too blurry for Leif to make out. He knew it was a familiar person, and they were still around, but most of the memories were still foggy.

Speaking of blurry faces, Leif remembered the other face from his dream that hadn't faded, and he still hadn't encountered once awake - Maylee. Was she even real? Where did he know her from, again? It was Turid that snapped him out of his clouded thoughts when she tilted her head to look up at him, and with a short shake of his head, he looked back at her.

"Sightseeing...? On the way to New Zealand...? Not much, go on." It was a unique sensation, one he hadn't ever experienced before (or a least didn't remember, like so many other things): memories came back as Turid told the story, but at the same time it felt like she was telling someone else's story. "Where's your maker? And... do you know a Maylee?" He stopped and sighed, slowing down his thoughts. "Sorry, too many questions."

Hayley.png
61240ec42a157ca12e4cf024c0f8d2b6.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home

So their numbers were damaged by everyone who fought. But it's possible they only sent out a few to see what we were capable of this time around... I'll be on my guard. When she noticed Shia babbling, she looked down at him and then gently slid him off her lap and placed him on the floor, watching him waddle to his toy chest. A small laugh escaped her lips and returned her attention to Drayden, who seemed to be studying her. "They probably thought I was the average human." she replied as his hand covered hers. There was admiration coming from Drayden, but she wasn't able to tell if there was more than that. Romance usually wasn't her strong suit, which was why she always seemed like the lone wolf. Upon inspecting his face, there was some kind of emotion she couldn't pick up on, which made her head tilt just slightly. There's something more going on. Maybe my memories are still trying to scramble back into place... They slept in different rooms, they weren't partners, and Shia was definitely not a blood-related child to either of them.

The more she tried to think about it, the more she grew agitated, unable to remember anything was one thing Hayley hated the most. Pulling herself from within her thoughts, she focused on Drayden again, who was glad she was here and withdrew his hand from hers. Giving her his goofy smiles that she always found herself smiling back at. Before she could answer him, he cleared his throat and got up "Oh, Alright." the Pyromancer said "I'll finish then." her hazel eyes watched as he went over to Shia and picked him up Bastian and Ameria? obviously, Drayden knew them, and this wouldn't have been the first time Shia was watched by those same people. So they were more than likely trustworthy, even though the feelings stirred within her made her want to stay attached to the child for a little while longer. Man would she do anything for that child. He was precious in more ways than one, even if he was picky who he wanted to be with from time to time.

"That'll work. I'll finish up here." she looked down at her food and she dipped her spoon into it, going on ahead and trying to finish what she had. Though with every bite she kept thinking, and planning, one of the things she was good at. Eventually she did finish and left her bowl at the table as told to before heading to her room, where she changed into something a little more warmer to be outside in. A sigh escaped her lips and she took a deep breath, shaking her head. I need to relax, too anxious, too worked up. I won't be able to think properly if I don't take it easy. with that thought in mind, she finished and left her room, only to wait by the door for Drayden and little Shia.​

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

The stew smelt of sea salt and fresh fish. She took a deep breath and placed the coin on the table beside her plate, where the metal figure watched her with keen eyes as she picked up the roll Augie had placed for her. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten, which felt a bit strange as she assumed Augie wasn't the sort to let her starve. Yet, as she took her first bite out of the roll, flakes of crust crumbling onto her lap as the buttery bread nearly melted in her mouth, she found herself ravenous. Unable to help herself and not really giving a shit about decorum, she shoved the rest of the roll into her mouth in one singular bite. Cheeks puffed with bread, she bobbed her head and chewed as Augie spoke. Every word he spoke wove memories, turning syllables into forgotten friends and midnight evenings spent under rolling waves. Where her mind was previously full of thick fog, Augie blew it all away to reveal the concrete foundations of who she was--who she had evidently forgotten how to be.

Still, something felt off. She felt a bit like a child, understanding the world not based on how she viewed it but based on how she was told to view it. There was a lack of...confirmation. Justified true belief; the memories existed, but they felt like the clothes of another person that only happened to fit her form. So when Augie joked about Leira--another strangely familiar name she could not picture---keeping his fur, she balked. Eyes wide, she nearly choked on the roll. Crumbs sprayed across the table. Her fist slammed next to her bowl as she fought for breath.

"I don't remember that," she choked. her eyes watered and she coughed again into the crook of her arm. "I don't remember..." What didn't she remember? She didn't remember a lot of things, which was apparently normal for someone with a head injury, but there was that insistent voice still questioning in the back of her head, insisting on the wrongness of the situation, begging her to be wary.

"A fish," she said, finally. She looked up at Augie, eyes wide and bloodshot from her coughing as she gripped the coin still beside the bowl. Polished eyes stared at her. "I'm a fucking fish. And you're...you can... how the hell did I forget that I was a fish?" She had not been too concerned about her lack of memories up until this point; rather, it had been a bit exciting to rediscover the familiar elements of her life with Augie, yet to forget what she was--

"We should meet with her, that girl--Layla? Lea?" She tapped her fingers on the table. "Would she know...why I'm like this? Has this...has this happened to anyone else? I mean, shit, I just, I remember us in the water but I don't remember swimming, you know? I feel like..." She sat back. The wood of her chair creaked lightly against her weight. Her eyes shut for a moment as she considered this situation, the amalgamation of memories that stitched together a crosshatched web of experiences that were only outlined by the gaps between them.

She opened her eyes. The coin seemed warm to touch, clutched tightly in her hand as she looked up at Augie and quirked a small half-smile. "Well shit," she said. "Augie, I don't remember what I am."

But she wanted to. Holy hell, did she want to remember it all. She wanted to meet them all, understand the names she had no faces for. That was the single thing both herself and that small voice agreed upon; she wanted to meet others like her, she wanted to know the stability of her life.

coded by: @s e v e n

Dwight 'Edwin' Augen
Tags: "Cub" scout Loki
Dwight took a few deep breaths as the pair walked. The air felt strange to him, a good strange though. Like it should have always felt this way, but hadn't for so long. Like the first breath after a cold, the first breath to fill his lungs fully. It was freeing. It was home.

With wind in his lungs, dirt beneath his feet, and the horizon in his eyes, the world fell into place in his mind. THIS is where he belonged. This was home. This is what he lived for. The dreams, as vague as they were now, meant nothing to him now. He relinquished them, and had no plans to look back.

"That sounds like a good first stop. Would be good to thank the healer. Shouldn't let a blessing go un-answered." Dwight agreed as they walked, and looked to the horizon and rising sun. "Sun rise already? You really let me sleep in, eh?" He chided his young companion.

Scene: Community House
Date: ???​
——————————————————————
Silver stared at the door in which Ravens had ducked through for a few moments before she scooped up more stew. It was surprisingly filling and she found herself wanting to eat with more fervor but her natural instinct to be wary around eating others kicked in. She looked to Clementine after her shy greeting, nodding silently to her as she swallowed a mouthful.

I’m not sure,” Silver murmured carefully, searching the other girl’s eyes while wiping her mouth lightly with a napkin. “It feels like there’s a heavy cloak over my mind and if I try to think too much about things that happened before I woke up, they just won’t bother to be stirred without much effort.” She shook her head, sighing quietly. Leira’s voice recommending that they don warmer clothes made her wary despite her kind intentions, causing her to look away from Clementine until the woman left them alone after collecting their bowls.

You seem.. familiar but I can’t quite place the recognition.” Silver shook her head again in disappointment at herself, “How’re you faring with all this?”
——————————————————————
Clementine Holt
Clementine listened carefully as the girl spoke in a gentle manner. A bubble of relief rose in her chest at the mention of their unrecoverable memories that seem so close, yet so far. She pushes away from the table and leans back into the chair. Leira's presence made her feel anxious for a strange reason she could not understand.

“I feel the same," she responds solemnly. Her arms wrap around her torso tightly, essentially hugging herself to gain some comfort. " It feels like there's a barrier in my mind that's preventing me from remembering anything before waking up. And I keep getting these headaches that only make it worse." Clementine sighs and looks towards where Leira left. She leans forward towards Silver and whispers, “You look familiar as well. Like someone I met through a past life or something. I can't piece anything together with her watching over us and I'm not sure if we should trust her."

Clementine leans back and nods towards the room she originally came from. "There are others. Have you spoken to any of them at all?

Gargoyle.jpg
Bastian
Ameria Farsys Maeteris Maeteris

Bastian tilted its head to the side, far to the side, making it almost seem broken, if Bastian had been in human form. "At the wood you use for filling your form with nourishment." His manner of speaking might be strange to some, but Ameria just knew she was accustomed to it on some level, even if it might take a little for her to piece together what the gargoyle was trying to ultimately say.

"You bequeathed the task of peering into magic used by those outside forms who sought to damage the forms inside the village. " His head slowly righted itself, and granite grey wings unfurled only enough to stretch slightly. "The Tamus was conversing with magic forms to learn what their minds knew. This form is of the belief, you were going to seek out the Tamus to grant assistance." His voice was pretty monotone, and he spoke slowly, enunciating quite succinctly most words.

The Tamus was one of the village's leader, who resided in the large building in the center, the one with a bell tower. Before Ameria could make a move to see to this task, Bastian spoke again. "Healer was summoned in night. Gave instructional words to remain in this place until healer returns to give... as their mouth said, all clear?" Bastian was not familiar with the term and appeared to be looking at Ameria for clarification.

And then the bell rang, in the middle of the village, with a certain tone. This tone meant a town meeting was being called. Bastian moved slowly from where he had been perching and conversing with Ameria. "A meet of the forms. Will you be adding your form to the meeting?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Skullfull.png
GM POST
OOC INFORMATION:
Each character can hear the bell.
Each character has ten minutes for action or dialog.
Each character should arrive in the middle of town at the end of your post.

Britt-21 Britt-21 KodakWolf KodakWolf Rhyme Rhyme Thropian Thropian Silver- Silver- AsherMasher AsherMasher
Everyone was interrupted a couple of minutes later, by the sound of a deep, persistent, clanging gong. A bell gong. Even with the strange, disjointed memories, the sound of the village bell rang true. It had different tones, based on the reason for the bell ringing. By using various padding, and other measures, the sound was different enough everyone who lived in the village knew.

This one, the sharp, yet short sound, meant it was time for a meeting. Anyone who was able to attend, outside those with patrol duties, or other essential jobs, was expected to meet at the village center. Those who had weaknesses, such as the vampires to sunlight, were excluded, and would be filled in afterward.

Dusk and Vivian had just really started to re-familiarize themselves with each other. His head dipped into the curve of her neck, and he growled, "Horse-piss.." There was a moment spent with Dusk just looking down at Vivian, as the bell sounded in the background. Then he grinned wickedly, "Darlin', we'll have more time later. This one.. buckle up." They had a couple of minutes.

Turid had quieted with the bell ringing, then gave a little shrug. "Chase will fill us in." So she didn't pause for very long before diving back into her time with Papa Leif. "Perrish is here, well not here, he lives in the village. Did you want to talk to him about something, Papa?" As for the name Maylee, the shake of her head indicated she didn't know who that was. "Did you want me to go on, Papa?" Her face tilted upward, a little smile on her face.

Drayden had just finished cleaning Shia up from getting him to eat a little, and had put the bowls into the water basin to clean, when the bell tolled. His head tilted to one side as he listened, and once he knew what the bell meant, he rumbled. "Town meeting. Well, good thing we were heading out anyway." He grinned as he looked to Jeannine. "The healer should be there too. Ready?" He held baby Shia in one arm, as that's what Shia seemed to want at the moment. His other hand rested lightly at the small of her back once he had the door open.

Augie had smiled and leaned in closer to Nahla. His voice had a small drop in volume, it felt like one of the many, many times he had flirted with her. "A very pretty one. My favorite... fish?" He laughed softly, but did reach out to hold one of her hands. "Nahla, we'll get this sorted out, we'll.." And then the bell rang. Augie drew back, whatever else he was about to say was gone now. "You'll need to change clothes before we go to the meeting. I'd offer to help, but we'd be late."

Loki chuckled at Dwight. "Well, y'know, the olders ya git, the more sleeps ya need, right?" But his steps stopped when the bell rang throughout the village. "Well.. mebbe the Tamus finded something after all. We'll 'ave to go to the meets first now." Loki gave a shrug, and continued walking. "Wonder whats they founds out." They were in line of sight of the community house, where Loki was still heading. "Mebbe wes can walk with the healer, and she can fills us in on the others."

Leira came out shortly after the town bell stopped ringing, followed by a knock on the front door. "Do you two feel well enough to attend the town meeting? If not, I can fill you in after." She spoke to Ashley and Aria as she opened the door. "Oh, good morning." She smiled and looked Dwight over. "Glad to see you are awake and moving about even. Ashley and Aria are awake as well! Come on in, have a seat. Let me find my shoes."

Leira moved aside to let Dwight and Loki in, and addressed the two young women. "If you feel up to it, you'll need to put on another change of clothes, but you'll need to be quick." She proceeded to try and locate her shoes, which didn't really seem to be much of anywhere. Loki just stood to the side, waiting a minute before he cleared his throat to draw Leira's attention, "Yes?"

"I ain't ever seen ya wear shoes. Dinna think yous has any."

Leira tilted her head for a moment, her left hand coming up to rest near an ear where fingertips touched the pad of her thumb lightly, each one in turn, then in reverse order. Then she gave a soft chuckle. "Oh, you're right. I don't wear shoes. Thank you, Loki." She turned to check on the girls if they were going to come with or stay there.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Hayley.png
tumblr_o9946mzWhQ1rrk64qo1_250.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home -> Middle Of Town

Hayley waited at the door, only to hear a ringing of a bell going off just moments later. Lifting her head, she tilted it slightly with furrowed eyebrows A bell? the brunette reached for the door to inspect the outside world. However, the sound of another door opening caused her to reel her hand back and jump slightly, turning toward the sound and spotting Drayden -who had been holding Shia as well as asked if she was ready- "Yeah, I'm ready." she said, the cold air brushing against her cheeks as he opened the door for her and guided her with his hand that rested upon the small of her back. Stepping out into the cold wintry world, she began to look at her surroundings while the constant ringing of the bell continued. There were more than just humans in this place, she spotted some Centaurs walking around, followed by small fairies fluttering about. These are all mystical creatures... Coexisting with humans and other races. This is incredible... the thought alone had come swift, but confused her greatly as to why she had such a thought. After all, she was here for a long while, raising Shia with Drayden.

Continuing to examine her surroundings, she spotted a Dwarf or so, along with a few trolls. It was an incredibly diverse village that held more than enough supernatural and fairy tale creatures to have a perfect army. That is, if they listened We have to drop Shia off so we can go to this meeting. I can only hope that's where I'll be able to get clarity. as the trio walked, they had approached another home, the home of Bastian and Ameria. To which they dropped little Shia off to stay with them, though Hayley didn't let him go without giving him a small kiss on the forehead before being lead off to the center of town. Nothing much was said between the pair, which only gave her more time to look around, take note of where everything was. Before she knew it, they were standing in the middle of town, where others were also starting to gather.

This is going to be fun...

Dwight 'Edwin' Augen
Tags: "Cub" scout Loki, Leira, Ashley ( AsherMasher AsherMasher ), Aria ( Silver- Silver- )
"How old do you think-" Dwight started in mock anger, but cut off at the bell. It took him a moment to remember the bell, and that this was not an alarm. He quietly sighed out the bit of tension.

He nodded a bow as Leira welcomed them in. "Leira, I must thank you for your work." He then turned to greet the other two. "Aria." He nodded with the names. "Ashley. Good to see you are well."

At the mention of shoes, Dwight flexed his toes against the floor. Then he nudged his young ward. "I keep telling you to drop your shoes. You can't feel the hum of mother Earth through such barriers."

He waited quietly for the others to ready, and then walked with them to the meeting. After a short moment, he asked the question that was on his mind. "How bad were our injuries? Loki insisted I was severely hurt, yet I have neither scrape nor scar. And with only 3 days of rest? You have worked some miracle it seems, where did you find such magics?"

Roje.png
0e2189a49de5aa6aa640bfa8e977994a.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Love Shack -> Center Of Town

Roje's body couldn't remember the last time she had such a connection. It felt like Eons had gone by without the loving touch of dear ol' Dusk. Just what had increased her senses so dramatically? While losing herself in the moment, a ringing could be heard from outside, bringing her out of her trance and feeling the vibrations of Dusk's growls of frustrations against her neck. His gaze soon met hers, a smile tugging her lips as she drank in every bit of his facial features. Fucking hell I missed this man. Even though my time asleep felt like minutes. she thought. "With pleasure." Roje said in response. Time may have been tight, but the pair had made it work with ease, as if they had been professionals at this sort of thing.

"Fun Time" had ended not a while longer and at the given moment, Roje was putting on her clothes, knowing all well they did have to go. "I look forward to next time, Dusky." she said with a wink as she fixed her clothes and pulled her hair out from the inside of her shirt. Once she had finished straightening herself up, she walked by Dusk with a grin as she spoke "I recall us having to go see my sister, and now dealing with that bell ringing" heading out of the bedroom, she made her way to the front door where she put on a pair of outside shoes which looked more like her size compared to Dusk's. Waiting for him to meet up with her, she crossed her arms over her chest, biting her lip in the process I feel far more relaxed than I did before...I'm really fuckin' hoping this could help ease my mind, help things flow right back.

As soon as Dusk met up with her, instead of going to her sister's place, he brought her to the center of town. Where it seemed others were starting to gather around. "Some kind of meeting you said. If I weren't stuck with Amnesia I would be making a hell of a lot more comments right now." the surroundings felt familiar but strange at the same time, which was why she was starting to pick her cards carefully and try to behave. Her arm had been wrapped around one of Dusk's, almost hugging it to her chest as she looked around at the various faces. She even caught sight of another brunette with a larger man by her side. "Dusk, who are those two?" she asked, nodding her head in the direction of Hayley and Drayden. "Do we know them?" making some small talk before the meeting was always nice, right?​

Leif Hjalkarssen

The village bell rang with a strange kind of familiarity: Leif still remembered too little of the village by the water where supernaturals and humans coexisted rather peacefully, too little of how they came to be there, and just a second ago he could say he had no idea the village even had a bell; but when it rang, he knew exactly what it meant, and even though he couldn’t recall the tone used for other purposes, he knew the tone he was hearing meant it was time for a meeting.

Muscles tensed as Leif suppressed the instinct to react to the sound and get up, because shortly after the memory of the tone’s meaning sparked into his mind, he also remembered that he didn’t really have to do anything when it sounded. At least in most of the times, when the meeting was called during daylight. So when Turid spoke, and said that Chase would fill them in later, Leif already knew that, and had settled back on the fur rug, legs stretched forward in a relaxed position.

The sun had barely risen, so perhaps he could make it to the village center, but what he expected to get there he was already having in the safety of his home: answers, information, a story, things to bring memories back, or clarify whatever was going on. Turid’s story was interesting enough to keep his mind occupied until Chase got back with whatever new information would be shared at the meeting.

“I’ll probably ask him for a story too. The more, the better.” Leif answered at the mention of the name Perrish. It definitely rang a bell, but it felt like seeing his face and speaking to him would be a more effective, or faster way of clearing the memory fog. One more thing to do later, possibly once the sun went down again.

When Turid denied knowing a Maylee, Leif’s expression was that of confusion, with a pinch of disappointment. He didn’t know why, but that was a name he remembered fondly, and after most people he remembered happened to be real, finding out one of them possibly wasn’t was a bit of a downer. But because he didn't remember much more than a name and an ever blurrier face, the thought was quickly pushed aside at the offer of a continuation to Turid's story. Those who were real would appear eventually, he liked to think.

"Yes, please go on..." he answered her with a small nod and smile once he met her eyes looking up at him. The way she looked strikingly similar to her mother (except the nose; the nose was his, as was the color of her hair) refreshed memories that were a lot more recent than he initially thought, memories of a human life he hadn't forgotten, but that had been pushed to the side by a maelstrom of surreal, strange memories, but that now flowed back into the spotlight as such surreal memories strangely faded.

SILVER BLACKWOOD | community house > bell tower | tags: AsherMasher AsherMasher Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian

Silver studied the other girl in silence as she spoke, a bit surprised at the parallel between their situations. Clementine’s words echoed that of her own, the reality of all this beginning to finally sink in especially when she’d mentioned having possibly interacted with her in a past life. Silver couldn’t help sit a little straighter at the idea of having been thrust into another life where she wore the same human skin but held an entirely different set of memories and experiences altogether.

It was then that the familiar thudding pulsed in her skull but this time the pain was coming from behind her eyes, her hand soon coming to pinch the bridge of her nose to try and ease the rhythmic thrumming. “No one else from the rooms aside from you.” The loud, jarring gong coming from outside that answered her had Silver squeezing her eyes shut in reaction. Everything seemed a lot more emphasized the longer she remained awake.

Sounds that she thought were once imperceptible were now ringing in her ears, smells were mapped out in her mind like flags and the more she tried thinking of where she was, the more memories flooded into place like they’d been there all along and pushing those that she had tried to reach upon awakening, to a tiny corner that was just out of range. She itched to shift but that bell meant something important was happening and they’d need to be outside with the rest of those that recognized the tolling.

Silver breathed an audible sigh of relief when the bell ceased, “Call me Silver. Keep me updated.” She murmured curtly just as Leira swept past them and let two more people in. The names ‘Dwight’ and ‘Loki’ leapt easily into her mind as if she’d recognized them for a while already, although Dwight in particular appeared to be someone she’d seen elsewhere. Silently, Silver nodded to them both in greeting, shifting out of her seat in order to slip away from the commotion and into her assigned room.

Frustration brewed sharply in her chest as the door shut behind her, capturing Leira’s words to Loki in regards to not wearing shoes which only threw anxiety into the mix. What if this woman wasn’t as she appeared to be to them all? Growling softly to herself, Silver sifted through the nearby closet in hopes of finding a way to shove the intrusive thoughts away.

She soon rejoined them clad in a darker set of clothing including a coat she somehow recalled Rhevens having given to her after she’d stolen it from him enough times. Hooves and boots alike stepped upon the hardened earth with an icy chill in the air that threatened to condense into white flurries should the temperature drop any further. Had she seen snow before?

A rush of thudding pain encircling her head offered her an answer to this. Maybe I should just stop thinking altogether and that’ll turn me back into a wolf. She grumbled to herself, adjusting her shoulders a bit and looking to the surrounding forest in a bit of yearning. Dwight then questioned Leira in how she’d managed to get them back on their feet in such a short timespan, Silver briefly gazing to the woman out of curiosity. Would she have answers to all their inquiries? It wasn’t long before she found herself in a crowd of several different supernatural creatures, a new thudding resounding no longer in her head but her heart as blood roared in her ears. She had to stay close if she didn’t want to get lost in the sea of residents.

Gargoyle.jpg
Bastian
Ameria Farsys Maeteris Maeteris Jeannine 'Hayley' Britt-21 Britt-21

It seemed Ameria wasn't sure if she wanted or needed to attend the meeting, and her hesitation lingered until there was a knock on the door. Bastian unfolded his wings and moved to greet whoever was on the other side. It took a bit for him to grasp and tug the door open, talons often got in the way of doing human 'mundane' things. When he opened it, the gargoyle gave a bit of a grin upon seeing Shia. Drayden and Jeanine were there, too, but it was always Shia who drew out the biggest grins out of the stone being.

"Little Shia form. Do we get to enjoy time together again?" Shia had already started reaching for Bastian with happy sounds, his wings flapping as if he wanted to take flight and show off. A moment later it was evident why, Bastian tended to hold Shia up high in the air and 'zoom' him around as if the toddler was indeed flying. It let the little one exercise those wings for when they would be strong enough to actually give flight.

As Bastian did this through the room, he said, "Greetings Drayden and Jeannine forms. Will you take on the company of Ameria form to the meeting? Make sure Ameria converses with the healer afterward. This form believes it would be a benefit to Ameria form." Bastian was already sort of edging Ameria out the door. "More room to let Little Shia form work on his wing technique." Bastian closed the door with his tail as soon a Ameria had stepped past the threshold.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Last edited:
leira04.jpg
Leira
"Walks-Less-Travelled-Path"

Ashley AsherMasher AsherMasher Aria Silver- Silver- Dwight Thropian Thropian

Leira smiled warmly at Dwight with the greetings, then tried to help Ashley and Aria get ready to attend the meeting. "I'll pack a few small things in a bag. Never know if a little extra help is needed. After all, you've just woken up today. You too, Master Druid." She started to pack herbs wrapped in parchment and twine, along with a couple of small vials of some blue liquid.
lokidopple01s.jpg

Loki protested, "But it's cold in the winter!" He grinned though, knowing Dwight had lectured him many times about the benefit of having that skin to earth connection. "I ain't all climated yet fer the cold on mys feet." He took a moment to check the laces on his thin moccasins. "They gets cold even with these on. I's workin' on it."

When Dwight asked Leira about her healing, she gave him a grin. "With the healing of the water spirits all around us, it helps tremendously. There's so many spirits here, from the water to the woods and beyond. Just have to ask for their help, not demand it. You should know the trick to working with spirits. I recall all those tales of your conversations with the trees around the village, Master Druid. Hopefully they gave you a bit of rest while you were recovering."

By then it appeared that Aria at least was ready to go. "Would you please walk with Aria to the meeting? I'll wait for Ashley and meet you there." She handed Dwight a cloth wrapped bundle, it was warm. She whispered, "Some extra biscuits, they have extra herbs to help sustain energy. Please make sure everyone who has woken up today, like yourself, receives one. I don't know how long this meeting may take."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

turid.jpg
Turid Leifsdottir
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

"Okay, Papa." She shifted a bit, getting comfortable again before she continued. "The brave trio of night walkers found a home in a little village, and in that village, they found even more." She giggled then, eyes bright as she again tilted her head up to regard Leif. "Do you remember how Chase took a new name, all because of you, Papa?" Her nose wrinkled and she appeared quite taken with this stretch of the story.

"You wanted nothing to do with anyone else for a while after we got here. Worried, I know you were, Papa. But he didn't give up." She let her gaze settle back on the fireplace, while fingers toyed with the white plush pelt on the floor. "You complained about him always sniffing around, always pestering you, talking to you. He slept during the day just so he could have more time awake at night, so he could pester you more and more."

Turid giggled, "You thought I didn't see, I watched. I see things, saw things you didn't see yourself, not for a long time. Not until the other villagers started calling him Chases-Death. Even then, Papa, even then you had to ask why." She clicked her tongue like a mother after a child who just couldn't see past their own blinders. "You thought I was asleep, but you were talking outside my window, Papa. I heard."

She tried to adopt a lower tone, a bit of a growly tone, even tried to mimic a wuffle. "He said, 'Because everyone else can see, I'm chasing you, Nightwalker. Why can't you see it?' And then he kissed you, Papa." She clapped her hands. "I peeked."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Skullfull.png
GM POST
OOC
All player characters are considered to be part of the crowd (except the Nightwalkers)

The village heart was where the Tamus lived, where the bell for the various events resided, and so much more. It acted as the heart of everything. If the heart fell, the village fell. Everyone would fight to the death to keep it standing, protected, safe. It almost pulsed with the life force of the village, a gentle thrumming that could be felt as a quiet vibration along the ground when one stood next to it.

The others in the village were all making their way to stand around the front of the building, where hand carved double doors stood proudly. The bells were quiet now, and the other villagers started talking softly amongst themselves as they waited for the meeting to begin. Typically, they gave time for everyone to make it to the center of the village before the Tamus would step out to address the crowd.

armour.jpg

Dusk walked with his arm around Vivian's waist, nuzzling here and there as they headed to the center of town. When she asked about a couple of others once they were at the heart of the village, he just chuckled in that Dusk husky way. "Darlin', everyone knows everyone else to some degree around here. It's not that big of a village.

Rhevenshat.jpg
Ravens had been in the process of trying to round up people to go meet with the healer when the bell rang. So, he changed course and headed toward the town center. Soon as he arrived, he started to scan the crowd looking for someone in particular. When he saw them, he jogged over and tapped Aria on the shoulder. A bit of a flush to his cheeks, he grinned all wide and goofy like. "Hi."

A minute or two later, Leira and Ashley became part of the crowd. And the doors began to creak open. Two men stepped out, not the Tamus, but assigned to protect the Tamus at all times. With the various raids upon the village, concerns were present of a more personal, targeted attack, and they had been living in the village heart since. And then, the head Tamus himself stepped into the threshold of the doorway.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

RRheadshot.jpg
Bahg Tallows
Maeteris Maeteris Britt-21 Britt-21 Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian

Bahg Tallows stepped into the threshold of the doorway, and looked over the crowd, taking stock of who was there, who answered the summoning of the meeting bell. He wore a dark blue robe, embroidered with gold and silver threads in an interlocking design running up and down the sleeves and sides of the robe. With a bit of a sideways smile, he took another step forward, putting him on the small step in front of the door. "Thank you for coming so quickly. I have news, and I felt it could not wait. For those who could not attend, please, be sure to pass the information along. Guards, make sure everyone on patrol are also informed."

He waited until he saw nods from a few, indicating the message would be spread. "Upon questioning the mages who were part of the raiding party, I have come across troubling news." There was a louder murmuring in the crowd, until one of the two men standing on either side raised a hand to draw silence. "Thank you. Now, let me be clear, this information is better to know now, than later. We can adjust our tactics, our defenses and more, and I believe we can protect our home all the better for it."

The Tamus paused, one hand coming up to rub along the top of his hair before he took in a deep slow breath and continued. "The magic they used to fell some of us, who, gratefully, I see some among us today." He took the time to look at Dwight, Ashley, Aria, Vivian, Jeannine, and Nahla. "I will need to speak with each of you, and our healer after the meeting, please." Bahg waited for a nod or some sign they understood who he meant.

"The raiders may have found the means to use Realmwalker magics." And this brought a few gasps among those gathered. Realmwalker magic was extremely powerful, and rare. It allowed for the travel between planes, even time itself, or so the rumor went. "We are researching and working to understand how we can defend against it, as well as if this is even true. However, I felt it important enough to pass this information to everyone. Please, stay alert and aware of the village, of each other, of yourself. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have questions, or believe you may have seen some strange behavior or sights to report. We must strive to keep everyone safe, we are home, we are family."

Bahg seemed to let this sink in for a minute before he gestured with a wave of an arm. "Now, please, those who were affected by the last attack, and Leira, come inside. We need to talk."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Dwight 'Edwin' Augen
Tags: Ashley ( AsherMasher AsherMasher ), Ameria ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Aria ( Silver- Silver- ), Jeannine ( Britt-21 Britt-21 ), Nahla ( Rhyme Rhyme )
Leira's answer was less than satisfactory, but Dwight did not show it. Instead, he accepted the biscuits with a nod and walked away with Aria. Healing with water spirits? Surely Leira wasn't so foolish. Spirits think so differently than humans that their help is useful but poses their own risks. If she really had taken their aid, they were lucky that their blood hadn't been purified into water.

No, maybe Leira knew how to handle spirits aid, knew how to direct them appropriately. It was no help to doubt the healer. Especially if she had managed to save the whole group like this. He cast the thoughts aside as the meeting began.

Tamus Bahg had troubling news to share. Realmwalkers. Hard to catch, impossible to stop. How can you defend from an attack that can come from anywhere? The Tamus insisted that they could adjust their defenses, but perhaps that was merely a public comforting statement. He also requested that they speak privately, so Dwight stepped quickly inside. He passed out the biscuits as the others came in.

"Realmwalkers? True Realmwalkers?" He asked, as soon as doors were closed. "If the old tales are true, then the only defense is a heavy offense. Their kind are driven mad by power, and by the knowledge that the world can be abandoned without consequence." He knew it was not his place to speak first, but knew that the Tamus was not an unwise man. The trees knew old tales, and they shared their words with those that would listen. Dwight knew better than to ignore the warning of the ancients. He had to be sure the Tamus knew the danger as well.

"Ashley"
Clementine Holt

Dwight ( Thropian Thropian ) Ameria ( Maeteris Maeteris ), Aria ( Silver- Silver- ), Jeannine ( Britt-21 Britt-21 ), Nahla ( Rhyme Rhyme )​
The sound of the bell sent familiar shivers down Ashley's spine. A meeting? That should help things along. Hopefully I can finally get some answers and quell this headache. She glanced over towards the other girl and gave a soft smile. With Leira's help, she learned the girl's name was in fact Aria. As the others were shuffled out the door to the meeting, Ashley tried her best to act calm. Her already prominent headache still buzzed in her skull as she helped the healer get ready for the meeting. She tried to give off a sense of confidence and calmness to her actions and hoped the clenching jaw did not give her away.

As her and Liera walked towards the meeting, Ashley began noticing more familiar faces that sparked vague memories in this world. The presence of Aria helped Ashley let out a breath she didn't realize was being held. She easily slid next to her in the crowd and smiled. "Busy day, huh? Hopefully this can work out some of the kinks with what's going on here." The man in the blue robes was definitely caught Ashley's attention as he stepped in front of the crowd. His face looked eerily similar to that of someone Ashley met in the past, even though she seemed to know the man in the robes more. She squinted and rubbed her eyes, hoping it was just an intense case of deja vu.

The mentioning of the Realmwalkers seemed to put everyone in the crowd on edge. For some inexplicable reason, Ashley felt it as well. Her hands clenched tightly into fists at her side as her mind raced with the information being presented. I know those are a major threat, she thought. But why here? Why now? She looked at the individuals in the crowd around her and gazed down at the clenched fists still at her side. Can we really do anything to fight them?

As she is ushered into the meeting with the others she takes note of the others walking in beside her. She settles into the room and looks toward the tall man speaking first before everyone. "I agree," she tries to speak confidently. "If they are so much of a threat, we need all hands on deck with every person available to help." Her thoughts lingered on the racing memories coming in and out of her mind, but one thing stood true through them all. If anything were to happen, Ashley would need all the help she could get to find the answers needed to quell her mind.

Last edited:
Roje.png

1609618011885.png
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Maeteris Maeteris Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- | Location: Is that Ryan Reynolds? Hold up.

Others continued to gather around the building, eventually making a small crowd. Now, Roje wasn't one for crowds, just because anything could happen at any given moment. Though, with the occasional nuzzle from Dusk, the brunette was able to relax and remain calm. Her eyes shifted toward him at his reply, making her roll her eyes and suck her teeth "Well no shit, Dusk." she elbowed him "Cut me some slack." Roje said with a grin, leaning against him. There wasn't much more to be said as a man exited the building, wearing a dark blue robe which resembled something like a wizard's robe with the gold and silver running about. All he's missing is that pointy hat. her lips had twitched, but she did her best not to grin or make a comment of his robes. It was a serious meeting, she had to stop making silly comments within her mind. So that's what she had done, pushing her playful side to the side and taking this seriously.

Fucking hell. We got attacked and I'm here making some dumb jokes about a robe. She crossed her arms over her chest, listening to what the guy had to say. Giving simple instructions before going on ahead into the details. Hearing every word leave his mouth left the female with furrowing eyebrows, a tensed jaw, and an increased feeling of adrenaline running through her veins. Realmwalker magic. From her very foggy memories, she could recall Realmwalker magic being something rare and incredibly powerful. Obviously, it was dangerous, especially with the gasps that were released from within the crowd. I need more details. There's not enough. her hazel eyes lifted to the man after dropping in thought as he claimed everyone was home, they were family.

Family.

Where the fuck is my sister? she looked around in hopes to find her, but if she was injured just like herself, then they were 100% going to run into each other. After all, the town mayor seemed to want to talk to those who were Affected by the attack. Glancing at Dusk, she drew a deep breath and then huffed "We've been summoned." she murmured before heading in with those who had been injured, and upon entering, she found a wall to lean on, arms crossed and attention fixated on every person who spoke, waiting for her moment to speak up. She had rejected the free biscuits being handed out, finding herself unable to eat at the current moment. The first suggestion to the predicament was something that was quite unsettling in the pit of her stomach Going full offense could risk the town going up in flames. Magic was no toy, it was dangerous and came with too much risk...

A female spoke up, agreeing with the suggestion. Thus, Roje couldn't hold her tongue back "If we did that, then what happens to the village?" she asked, tilting her head slightly "If we were to go full offense, then we leave the village unattended."

"Unless we pull our own stunt." this voice had come from another female, causing Roje to turn her attention over to another brunette, one who seemed more composed.

Hayley.png
eb52fc6639f04552f81f5586cdb596f1cfe7c380.gifv

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Thropian Thropian AsherMasher AsherMasher Maeteris Maeteris Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver- | Location: Town Meeting.

At first, Hayley was expecting only few people to gather around, but it seemed that majority of the village had joined in on the gathering. Allowing the Fire Elemental to take a look at the faces that felt familiar to her, but at the same time seemed like strangers. But names rolled in ever-so-slowly, Dusk, Vivian, Ashley, Dwight, Aria, Nahla... Everyone seems to be here. she thought before a man had come out from the building with the bells, asking to pass on information, all the while being told the news about the issues they need to deal with. Realmwalkers... They're dangerous, tedious beings to take care of. with that thought in mind, those who were involved were brought into the building, everyone taking their places within the room. Hayley was handed a Biscuit and she took it, gently squishing it to feel how fresh it was. Made sometime today? If not, stored well. she took a seat of her own, listening to others put in their input regarding the Realmwalkers. Then, when she found a break in between, she spoke up.

"Unless we pull our own stunt." she said before continuing "Dwight, you say that our plan could be full offense, Ashley, you agree. But Vivian," she looked over "You say if we go full offense, we leave the village unattended." she broke her biscuit and put the smaller piece into her mouth, chewing it for a moment and speaking once more "We have magic users in our village, right?" she asked, looking over at Bahg "Magic users have different kinds of spells, we can hide our people, hide the village, or even hide us and ambush that way. Buuuut," she leaned back in her chair "It all depends what the Realmwalkers can see or detect. We know they're powerful, rare even, but do we know of everything they can do?" there was always loopholes to strengths, and she knew that. Taking another bite of her biscuit, she awaited someone else to put an input in. No doubt that everyone is gonna want to put their own suggestions or ideas out on the table. As long as no fight broke out, right?

Leif Hjalkarssen

Leif listened carefully as Turid spoke, his level of attention rising even more when she giggled with brighter eyes. So Chase’s name wasn’t Chase anymore? All because of him? Just how much had he forgotten?

And as Turid spoke further, Leif remembered flashes of the story. Of how difficult it was to get used to living in a village again, among so many people, after decades of basically solitude, because that happened to be their best option then - and still was, apparently.

Despite the ever present memory gaps, he remembered having to worry about both the dangers outside the village walls, and those inside - the humans, the other supernaturals, those he was used to seeing as not much more than prey. Now he had to deal with their glares, their whispers, all those half suppressed expressions of fear, of distrust, of uncertainty, those feelings that plagued people that now found themselves sharing their grounds with a potential threat. And cornered prey can easily decide to strike first instead.

Leif never blamed them, and never considered himself to be a victim - they were right, after all -, but it didn’t mean he grew fond of living in the village. Because he went out basically at night, he rarely ran into anyone, but he still intended to leave as soon as possible. But Turid’s safety mattered more than his comfort, so he stayed.

It was because of all that that Chase’s presence had felt so strange, so unnatural when he’d started showing up and hanging around more and more. What could he possibly want? Why didn’t he keep that safety distance most others sought? Leif wasn’t used to being chased by anyone other than the occasional hunter, and much less that other sort of chase, so he’d tried to push Chase away in increasingly obvious ways. And it never worked.

However, the memory of such negative feelings didn’t evoke any negative emotions, in fact, it did the opposite, and Leif had a small smile on his face while he listened to Turid speak, a smile that widened when she mentioned Chase’s new name and turned into a chuckle when she tried to mimic the shifter, there was even a slight blush. Hell yeah, now he remembered that real, famous first kiss.

“Of course you peeked. I remember now.” he spoke, eyes on her and the smile still on his face as he slowly drew in a deep breath, giving the recollections some more time to flow back into his brain before he spoke again. There was something or somethings he now had to ask Chase once the man was back from the village meeting. “So this is New Zealand, or did I miss something in the story? What’s life like here?”

SILVER BLACKWOOD | town meeting | Out Of Words Out Of Words AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian

The sea of villagers grew wider the longer Silver stood in place after having taken a spot amongst the crowd of faces that were most familiar to her. Deep down, the flurry of emotions she absorbed from them all was overwhelming her. They ranged from excited whispers to murmurs of suspicions in regards to rumors that were already swirling about those whom had gone into battle. It made her want nothing more than to run off where all she could hear were the songs that the forest had to offer. She frowned as the bitter chill in the air seemed to cut easily through the fabric of her garments, her arms coming to cross against her chest with her hands curling for warmth. Her eyes soon fell upon Leira’s figure a ways away into the group. While she’d been heading over to them she could’ve sworn that her and Dwight had been conversing about her healing techniques and how she’d done such swift work of bringing them to with the help of water spirits. Dwight had appeared dissatisfied by it and Silver couldn’t help but share the same feeling. Perhaps they should investigate Leira’s claim and find a few water spirits?

A jerk passed through her at the sudden tap on her shoulder but she quickly breathed a sigh into the air, shaking her head to clear her tension as a small grin brightened her face. “You scared me”, glancing back to where she assumed the conjurer of the meeting would be, she questioned him quietly. “This ‘Tamus’ person must be pretty important, huh? And don’t look at me like I’m some kind of weirdo for saying. My brain is just in a haze right now.”

Another familiar person wove through to stand beside Silver, the girl then nodding to Ashley as she caught her words. There were kinks to all this indeed with the biggest one being announced plainly to the entirety of the village that made up the Tamus’s audience. “It appears that we’re the biggest ‘kink’ in the village.” She murmured quietly as suspicion grew thick in the air as attention was trained on them. It wasn’t long before they had to cut through the leery crowd in order to meet with the Tamus himself, Silver sparing only a glance to Ravens before slipping away.

They were apparently realmwalkers as a result of the battle, it seemed. It made the most sense out of anything else that had happened lately. Her mind wanted so badly to ease into all this information but the dull thud in the back of her mind wasn’t only for offering her pain when she tried to remember more than what had already flashed into her mind recently. One thing that was for certain was she hadn’t a shred of a clue how magic worked and how they’d somehow ended up in a situation like this in the first place.

RRheadshot.jpg
Bahg Tallows
Britt-21 Britt-21 AsherMasher AsherMasher Thropian Thropian Rhyme Rhyme Silver- Silver-

When so many filtered into the village heart, Bahg just stood to the side of the door with a bemused grin on his face. Tidbits of conversation started to happen, where they were all focused on the defense or offense preparation for the next attack. While, the next attack was inevitable, Bahg had to clear the air. He did so with a clearing of his throat, and holding up one hand until everyone was quite.

"My apologies, you're not here to discuss defense, offense, whatever. First.." He sought out the owners of the names and made eye contact as he called them out loud. "Vivian, Ashley, Aria, Jeannie, Dwight, and Nahla." A small pause, as if checking to see if he missed anyone. "You are the ones I need to speak with. Uh, Chase?" The man in question wuffled once or twice. "If you would return to your home, I will stop by directly after this meeting to speak with Leif."

Chase frowned a little, with a couple more wuffles, but he nodded and headed back out while Bahg continued. "For anyone else I have not named, please step back outside for the time being." There had been a couple of others who slipped inside, curiosity getting the better of them. Leira had started to leave, but Bahg stopped her. "Healer, we will need you here, thank you." And thus, she stayed, leaning back against one wall, as she patted the wood gently.

There were a couple of minutes where everyone not named had to step back outside, maybe with a little grumble or two. However, it was clear they believed in the village Tamus and knew he had his reasons. Reasons that would be made clear to those who remained. Bahg moved away from the door to stand in front of the fireplace, gesturing to the chairs available. "Please sit, or stand. Your choice. Which is why I've asked the others not directly involved to leave. It will be your choice if you want to tell anyone else what you will learn here today."

Bahg didn't wait for everyone to be seated, figuring they would sit or not. "You're here because you were the target of realmwalker magic, which may account for why you were unconscious for the last three days." Every now and then he did pause to let his words sink in. It was important for everyone to actively listen and hear what was being said, and not said. "We'll need to affirm this is true, of course, and I hope to do that with each of you, Leira will assist. It won't need to be today, but tomorrow at the latest, I'd appreciate if each of you returned here, if you don't feel like waiting today."

His hands were held up, palms out. "Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself here." A small, somewhat tight-lipped, smile escaped as Bahg sought to make eye contact. "What this means, is, you may not be this village's Jeannine.." He gestured toward Hayley. "Or this realm's Nahla." A gesture toward Indy. "The goal of this attack, this last raid, was to target the strongest fighters in the village, and render them, you, ineffective for the future attacks."

Another pause, then he changed it up and asked a question. "Please, raise a hand if you woke up and your memories were.. different. Or if you don't feel like you belong here, in this village." As he watched for hands, he continued to talk. "My suspicion is the magic pulled you from whatever realm you were in at the time, and pulled you here, pushing out the soul of the body you are now in. Maybe they've taken your place, or maybe they've been sent to another realm or plane of existence. If we affirm this is the case, then we're in a race against time. The longer you stay in a body that is not truly your own, the more you will lose who you were."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

turid.jpg
Turid Leifsdottir
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Turid leaned heavier into Leif, as the sun rose, her ability to stay awake started to wane. No matter her real age, her manner of making ensured the instinct to slumber when the sun ruled the sky. "Oh, Papa. It's nice here. Real nice. Even with the fish people." Her eyes were closing, and her excitement, while still felt, was slowly yielding to the desire of sleep. Even her voice started to speak slower, quieter, in that sleepy way Leif could recall when reading her stories at sunrise.

"They don't fear us here. We're very, very, very imp'tant to the night safety o' the village. E'one works t'gether." Turid turned then, wrapping her arms around Leif's neck as she nestled against his chest. "Papa, I'm 'ired." And it was clear, she expected to be carried to bed, and if Leif didn't move to do so, Turid would exclaim, "Bedtime, Papa!"

Her bedroom was a mixture of childhood innocence, never quite left behind, and a soul older than the body by centuries. She had a stuffed dragon on her bed, a small wooden family of bears on top of her dresser, even a toy castle in one corner that opened up like a dollhouse to show a number of figures inside. Then on a bookcase next to the bed, old tomes of vampire lore, magic spells, and a vast collection of lore on other supernatural creatures. Each one kept in very good condition, while be obviously read many, many times.

As soon as she was taken to her bed, she scrambled under the covers, holding the dragon close. "G'night, Papa. Love you." It wouldn't take her very long at all to slip into a vampire slumber.
chase03.jpg

About that time, the front door would be heard opening and closing, followed by a few wuffles as Chase returned and moved to locate Leif. "Hey. The Tamus is going to stop by here when he's done with the town meeting. I think he needs to talk to you directly." Wuffle wuffle. "Turid sleeping?" Blue eyes crinkled as he glanced to Leif and gave a familiar sideways smile.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back