• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Clementine Holt​
Ashley stood, dazed as she looked out into the room slowly filling with other vaguely familiar individuals. She acknowledged the other two girls that stepped into the room, but was too meek to confront anything about their situation. Leira's mention of an attack brought a slight pressure behind her eyes as her head was filled with ungraspable threads of memories that could not be held perfectly down.

Ashley remembered the feeling of pure magics flowing around her in powerful burst as her heart pounded in her chest. The feeling of confidence and strength as the shields protected against the onslaught of attacks. The pressure behind her eyes built as she remembered the community house, the healing rituals and the spirits that became commonplace within her life with the outcaste woman. She experienced many things in that life time that she could not easily forget.

The rush of memories was unnerving, to say the least. Her hands had a slight shake as she took steps toward the table. "Yes," she responded quietly. Ashley avoided eye contact and tried to quell the anxiety that rose into her throat. "Just a bit out of sorts I suppose." Taking a seat at the table, she pressed her hands into her temples and breathed out slowly. "I just have a question if that is alright. Can you please explain how we all got here, without making my mind explode?"

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

As his lips met hers, Indy blinked. It was a kiss of both now and then, familiar and new, the echo of an experience that felt second-hand to her as if she was remembering watching it through a window. Her hand reacted autonomously, reaching up to rest on his along her cheek. She was Nahla. Did she, Nahla, have a headache? She wasn't sure the strange bombardment of fog and déjà vu could be defined as a "headache." It wasn't any kind of headache she had suffered before; even as Augie kissed her, she felt like a soul beyond its body hovering above and watching the scene.

Somewhere, that voice was still speaking in the back of her mind. Its words were lost, but that quiet screech was still cautioning her against something. An irregularity. A movie where the sounds played just a second faster than the visuals. The uncanny. As Augie pressed closer to her, as she remembered their quiet mornings spent huddled around warm tea, remembered the time she had glued his favorite mug to the table and laughed to tears as he lifted the whole ensemble in an attempt to drink, she could not shake the feeling something was wrong.

She gasped against Augie's lips. "The window."

Indy jerked away from him, eyes wide as she turned and crawled to the window. As she pulled the curtain back aside she peeked slowly up, rising above the window ledge to peer out at the busy street below.

There! Indy screeched, falling back on her ass heavily as she whipped her head back at Augie. "H-horse," she stuttered. "H-h-horse....man. There is a fucking horse man outside?!"

Had there always been horsemen?! had she really messed up her head that badly, so badly that she forgot about fucking half-man half-horse people?! What else had she forgotten about aside from her own name, her closest partner--what other things--

Things. She remembered the things.

That's where she could find what else she forgot. Her feet knew where to go as Indy scrambled back across the floor, past Augie as she trapized to her feet and swung on the door frame, spinning out of the room and falling into the adjacent door while pushing it open with one motion.

Things.

Another room, identical in size and shape to her--their--bedroom, but this one lacking any furniture aside from a few shelves and a work table under the window. But she knew that, she knew what this room was going to look like. Just as she knew there would be crates stacked along the walls, overflowing with furs, rusted bits of metal scrap, broken clay pots, and dull silverware. Still, despite have that innate sense of knowing, Indy could not help herself from picking up a stray fork from the closest crate and holding it up. "Look at this shit," she muttered. "Isn't that fuckin' neat."

In the corner, stacked beside the work bench, were bundles of cloth and fur purposely sorted away from the rest. Augie's things, his stock of fabrics that he carefully transformed into trousers and tunics. Beside them, under the bench, stacks of heavy clay, wrapped tightly in a burlap-like cloth to retain its moisture.

Hers. That was hers. She remembered. She would sit at the workbench, perched on a crate while Augie worked beside her. Sometimes, when they had just argued, she would take her lump of clay to the kitchen and sit at the table, forming cups and bowls as she cast furious glances at his form through the door.

So why did it all feel so foreign?

"Augie?" She still had the fork in her hand, now with the coin in the other as she leaned back out the doorway. "Uh, can you tell me what the hell I knocked my head on? I feel like I'm not even from this world."

coded by: @s e v e n

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death, Turid ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

Leif chuckled when Chase talked about him feeling better. Despite the strange memory loss, he felt pretty well, and it was hard to believe he’d taken any hits and lost any blood at all. Sure, he hadn’t yet fully recovered from that kiss and his mind was still perhaps too focused on the warmth of Chase’s touch, on the sound of his blood running within his veins and arteries, or that quiet sound his hair made when Leif’s fingers ran through it. However, if those things did happen, then Chase’s following worried expression only puzzled Leif further.

“Why are you making that face? I’m not dying, it’s just…” ‘a powerful dream’, Leif would say, one hand still gently placed on Chase’s arm, ‘one of those it takes a while to fully wake up from’. Because that’s what it felt like, and the longer he was awake, the more dream-like those old memories became. Only he couldn’t finish his sentence, interrupted by the sounds of someone coming through the front door.

As if by instinct, Leif knew who it was before he saw the little girl. Even before her so familiar scent travelled through the living room to reach the room he was in. Confusion once again crossed his face, because for a moment, nothing added up. Chase had usually been alive, in most of those dreams, but Turid… yet what he considered to be the truth was also gradually fading away from his memory’s grasp. And it was being bit by bit replaced by a new truth, a truth that suddenly resurfaced in a new wave when the little girl threw her arms around his waist and spoke in a voice that he knew so well before looking up at him.

He sighed in relief, one of those sighs one lets out after awakening from a nightmare and realizing those bad things were nothing but a dream.His daughter was alive, had been for a long time, always beside him. Forever a child, yet sometimes talking to her felt like talking to the wisest of adults.

Leif tried to recollect her face from the dreams, yet the one that stared up at him was the only one that came to mind. Because it was the only real one, wasn’t it? He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn’t form words, only a wide smile, and he knelt down on the floor in front of her, taking both her hands in his as he took in her face, only letting go for a short moment, to wipe away a stray tear on his cheek. Her presence brought back some of the feelings from the dreams, although the exact memories had been erased. He pulled her into a hug, fingers caressing her hair for how long he again didn’t know, then placed a kiss on her cheek before he was finally able to pull back to look at her and speak again.

“What were you…?” A hand moved to rub off some of the blood on her face with his wrist, a slight frown on his face that was accompanied by a small smile. Human blood. And what she’d been doing he kind of knew, or at least thought he did, but it felt like he still had to be reminded of the basics, of how that life worked. Memories were coming back, but in waves, not all at once, despite his best effort.

“No, I can’t sit in this room all day… it’s seeing, hearing, smelling things, that brings back memories. I'm feeling fine, I swear...” he spoke, quickly looking up at Chase after the man spoke. The way Chase spoke to Turid was so foreign, and yet so familiar, and a brief smile crossed his face at the thought, a thought that was interrupted by Turid’s second hug, and his smile widened, before he gently pulled back to look at both of them again, his gaze alternating between the two. Sure, he was able to sleep, but he just couldn’t, not now, not after being asleep for who knows how long and having so much left to recall. And besides all the recalling left to do, there was still something very strange about having such vivid dreams and losing his memory altogether that had to be investigated. But he didn't say more, so as not to worry Turid too much, and because he liked Chase's smile more than his worried face.

jason_momoa3.jpg
Hunts-At-Dusk
Vivian 'Roje' Britt-21 Britt-21

Dusk gave her a grin that said he knew how stubborn she could be. "Eat. She might not be awake yet. You'll see her this morning, I swear it." He laid a palm against the side of her face and kissed her nose with a grin as he drew back. Once more meeting his eyes with the physical touch connecting them, she had more flashes. Brief glimpses into the past. She fighting beside Dusk, he in his werewolf form, and she in wolf form. Baring fangs at the attackers, but she was hit with a ranged magical attack and went flying back with Dusk roaring the attacker's death knell.

A scene that matched his rumbled words, "They had more magic users this time around. They attacked from the back while the raiders kept us distracted." He gave a little growl, "Dead magic users now." There was no doubt he ripped them limb from limb for the attack on her. His hand fell away and he gently tapped her bowl of food. "Sooner you eat, the sooner we can see if your sister is awake." With a small smirk, he settled down with his own bowl of food.

Dusk's tone grew a bit more serious as he talked in between bites and making sure she was eating. "We underestimated the raiders, believe it might even be the same group as the last attack. At least none of our village are unaccounted for this time." He sighed, mind pondering the attacks. "We'll need to make sure our defenses are bolstered a little. Maybe see about some strategic rearrangement of defenders when the alarm goes out. "

There was a husky chuckle and he shook his head. "There is time for that later, have you finished yet?" He tapped her bowl knowing she wasn't done yet. "I'm going to finish wrapping the skins from last night, while you finish every drop in your bowl. Then we'll get you dressed and pay your sister and Augie a visit." He stood, ruffling her hair before kissing the top of her head again. Dusk moved to a wooden table near the front door, where a bundle of furs lay. He had been in the process of bundling them up to deliver to someone when he heard her awake.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Rhevenshat.jpg
Ravens Wing
Aria 'Silver' Silver- Silver-

Ravens' look of concern took on a hue of confusion. "Yes, Silver is your middle name. I.." He glanced to Leira who was listening, but giving them a semblance of privacy, she focused on Ashley and getting all of them bowls of the stew. Looking back to her, he moved to sit down and hold one of her hands in both of his. Fingers brushing along the back of her hand in a slow rhythm. "You've gone by Aria as long as I've known you."

He let out a small puff of breath as he shifted more comfortably in the chair. "We fought together, along with my dad and others, of course. Some were hit hard by the mages they had in the back. And.. humans can't wield magic. I mean.. they look human, but.. they're not just human. Like.. you and me. And.. you fought as a wolf, yes but.. you don't remember? You changed back to a human shortly after you went unconscious from your wounds."

Ravens glanced back to Leira, who had looked their way and just gave Ravens a look and nod of her head. Attention shifted back to Aria then, and he squeezed the hand he still held onto like it was a precious, precious thing. "You.. You're one of the Fae. You can change forms and can use magic." He paused to let that sink in for a minute, searching her face for any signs of recognition. "Do you remember what your Fae wolf form looks like?"

An image flooded her head, a white wolf, but with a few feathers here and there sticking out of her fur. The face bore pink and blue markings, like a tattoo of sorts, but it had always been there, the marking of the Fae blood. Ravens inadvertently drew her back from the memory with his panicked tone. "Leira? Is she okay?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

armour.jpg
Drayden
Jeannine 'Hayley' Britt-21 Britt-21

Shia made little babbling noises in between her feeding him, sometimes clapping her hands against the top of his legs. Even Drayden couldn't help but smile at the toddler, though there was some tension in his face as he recalled the fight. "They had more magic users this time around. Dark spells, couldn't see them well at night at first. Several got hit with their spells. It looked like you just froze, like you couldn't move, and you fell back against the rocks."

One hand came up to rub the top of his head back and forth. "The village Tamus was going to work on interrogating some of the mages from the raid. See if he can find out what magic they were using so we can be better prepared next raid." Tamus was the title of the village leaders, that bit of knowledge slipped in without much thought on her part. Drayden tapped the bowl of food, "Make sure you eat or the healer will box my ears for it."

He gave a laugh, a robust one that lit up his eyes with a matching goofy ear to ear grin. "There were a few who were hurt by the same magic, and.." He gave a bit of a huff in a sigh, "I don't know if any of them have woken up today or not. They've all been out, like you, for three days now?" He had to hold up a hand and count on his fingers. "Yeah, three."

Shia made little grabby motions as Drayden was holding out fingers to count, and even squealed until he was given one of the fingers to hold onto. He held on and didn't want to let go, effectively trapping Drayden at the table with him and Jeannine. Chuckling, he started to make it a game, which finger was more interesting to hold onto, wriggling and moving them all about. "Oooh, got my finger. What about this one? Or this one?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

lokidopple01s.jpg
Loki Blackwell
Dwight 'Ediwn' Thropian Thropian

Loki grinned, already taking Dwight's bowl to fill it with half of a serving for seconds, felt like something he usually did. "Round 'bouts three days? And yeah, some others in the same boat, m'or less." He tilted his head, mentally recalling who had been injured. "Le'see. You. Uh, Aria, Ashley, Dominque, Jeannine, Leif, Nahla, and... Vivian. Well, them's all the ones that ain't woke up fer three days."

Loki set the refilled bowl in front of Dwight. "I ain't sure if'n any of thems woke today. But the healer will be bys and wes can ask her. If'n anyone knows, it'll be her. Unless'n we's first stop." He grinned with a bit of a chuckle, just a bit though, as having any villager hurt wasn't a laughing matter. "Wes got lucky though, ain't none been killed in this attack. Last time.. wes lost four. And twos still missing." He had his own bowl of food, but was picking at it.

"I ain't sure if'n I missed something in the patrols, or.. theys just moved fast. I feel.. I feel bads. Lik'n I's should seen something, some sign or something." He pushed back from the table with a frown and little growl, clearly displeased with himself. "If'n wes had more warning... I know. I's shouldn't feel that ways. No one died, well.. unless'n someone don't wake up." Growl.

Loki stood up then, "Can wes go check on 'em? I's like to know." He was already moving to get the long rounded bo stick by the door. It was the weapon he fought with when in his elf form, and it doubled as a walking stick. Loki had carved little runes along it as well, runes taught to him by Dwight.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

leira04.jpg
Leira
"Walks-Less-Travelled-Path"

Ashley 'Clementine' AsherMasher AsherMasher Aria 'Silver' Silver- Silver-

Leira tried to keep some of her attention on the pair at the table, some on preparing the last of the village kettles, and the rest on Ashley. She made sure everyone had their food, the kettles were moved next to the front door, and cleaning up in her wake. It was the combination of Raven's panicked tone, and the way Ashley and Aria both seemed unable to recall earlier events, that snapped her full attention to the two women.

Leira held a finger up to her mouth for Ravens to be quiet as she just looked at Ashley, then Aria, rinse and repeat a couple more times. Her head tilted to one side, and her eyes shifted to resemble the color of a winter's moon. When she spoke, it was softer, like a whisper, but clearly audible. "Oh, well now." Those white eyes roamed over and around Aria first, then Ashley, fingers of each hand tapping against the pad of her thumb one by one, only to repeat the action as if on loop.

Ravens was about to speak, but Leira had sensed it coming, and pointed at him to remain quiet. "Ravens, please be a dear, and check on the others who were hurt. See if they have woken up yet, and if they have.." Her head tilted the other way slowly, examining the air immediately around either woman. "Please bring them to the circle near the lake. I need to examine them as well." Ravens was clearly about to protest leaving Aria, but a little wave of a finger had him nodding.

"Yes, of course." Ravens squeezed Aria's hand again before he reluctantly headed out of the house, leaving Leira with the two.

"We'll get everyone together, it will be easier to explain things only once. Please.." Her head straightened out, eyes no longer a bright winter's moon. "Eat up. It'll give you strength and a warmth in your belly. There's plenty if you find yourself needing seconds."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

newface.jpg
Augie Ward

Nahla 'Indy' Rhyme Rhyme

Augie was confused when Nahla mentioned the window, and then proceeded to have a small outburst about the centaur. "I.. don't think they like the term horse men?" The last word edged upward in tone with a half chuckle, until she started talking about things and rushed to the second bedroom in the house. It had become a storage room after they both decided sharing a bed was more than fine with both of them, and all the things that came from sharing a bed.

The community brought them the supplies, and they created things the village and villagers needed. Augie made the clothing, while Nahla liked making the other things, like the bowls and mugs, utensils, decorative items, whatever she came up with. It was just one way the two of them helped the village, 'earned their keep' so to speak. So when she looked at it all, as if she was seeing it for the first time, Augie grew worried.

"The raiders this time had lots o' mages. They were hard to see in the dark, and behind their fighters. Made it hard to get to them before.. Something they cast hit you full on. We shoulda stayed in the water and fought from there, but.. you were stubborn." He gave a small laugh. "Like usual." The fondness in his gaze as his eyes roamed over her face was clear, unmistakable. "You didn't want to miss the action."

Augie leaned against the door frame of the storage room, folding his arms in front of his chest, mainly because fingers twitched to touch Nahla. "You fell hard against the rocks before sliding into the water. Don't know if it was the spell, the rocks, or the drop that made you black out." His gaze was serious, worried, fretful even. "Will you eat something? We'll go see the healer after. She'll have my fur if you don't eat first."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

chase09.jpg
Chases-Death
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Chase wuffled-chuckled, then gently prodded Turid. "Go clean up, please. The sun will be up soon." She grinned so wide, so bright, up at Leif, then over to Chase as she hurried to her own bedroom to use the wash bowl, clearly planning on rejoining them afterward. Chase moved to rest a hand against the side of Leif's face, thumb on cheekbone as he just soaked in Leif's awake face. "The curtains are already drawn, if you want to go to the other room instead."

With a couple more wuffles, Chase finally forced himself to draw away. As he rolled down his sleeve, he rumbled, "If you do need some blood, let me know." He gave a cheeky grin with a wriggle of his eyebrows before leading the way into the main living area.

There was another fireplace, with a small wooden couch and chair facing it. Fur rugs were placed around the room, but most of the wooden floor was exposed. There was a table with four chairs along the wall near the front door, a wood burning stove with stone top counters near the fireplace area, and various shelving and chests to hold items. Each window had the same type of curtain as their bedroom, enchanted to keep the sun out even in the brightest summer days.

On the table were several furs in the process of being bundled up. Chase glanced to Leif as he made his way to the table and the pile of furs and leather. "Finally have enough to bundle up and take over to Augie. He's trying to get ahead of the winter and make sure everyone has the right clothing. Last thing we need is to freeze from the weather during another raid." Wuffle wuffle. He worked on rolling up the pelts, and tying them all into a package he could carry with relative ease.

"When I drop these off, I'll stop by and let the healer know you're awake." Chase grinned at Leif over a shoulder, the relief and joy at the vampire having woken up was all over his face, and in those blue eyes. And those damn wuffles. "I'm sure she'll come back and check for herself."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Roje.png

d8e10b1ee4e7b769ede0a115ffb0f719.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Apparently in a world where I'm a wolf?

Roje watched that grin make its way on her lover's face, only to be told to eat and reassured she'd be able to see her sister soon. He's always given his word, not once taking it back. But why do I feel so anxious? So worried about my sister...? the Vampire leaned into his touch while her thoughts continued to swirl, hazel eyes closing while his lips gently brushed up against her nose. However, when he pulled away, her eyes had opened to lock with his own; Only to get flashbacks. Flashbacks that contained the fight that she had apparently been in, fighting alongside Dusk. He was in his werewolf form, where as she...Was in wolf form too? Thinking about it, it didn't sound right. Nor did it feel right, but it was something that happened. Then Dusk had began to talk, explaining what had happened. A Raid, all the while being attacked from the rear. Which resulted in her getting injured in the very end. Before she could ask to hear more, he tapped her bowl, trying to get her to eat. This caused Roje to get mildly annoyed, but slowly complied as she grasped the spoon to start eating He really is like a nagging mother telling her children to eat their damn veggies...Might as well eat, I am starting to feel pretty hungry anyways.

After his hand had dropped from her face, she shifted in her chair to face the bowl better and dipped her spoon into the bowl. Roje began to stir the contents slowly before eating. Listening more as Dusk continued to talk to her between bites. That means defenses aren't as strong as before if we couldn't defend against the same group. That's if it was the same group from before. It's also possible they had gotten the mages to help take the village. But the real question is: Why are we being attacked? bringing the spoon up, she thought about it, lips parted just a little bit before she placed her spoon back down, as if she was hesitant to eat and began to ponder more on the situation. Eyes remained locked at the significant smaller portion in her bowl before they snapped to look at Dusk "We're going to need more than Bolstering our defenses. We're fighting magic users and no doubt there's more of them." she said, releasing her spoon and watching him "I'm finished for right now, yes." her eyebrows furrowed as he ruffled her hair and ended it with a kiss. He ruffles my hair one more time... she thought before standing up, hands flat upon the wooden surface.

"Dusk, I understand you're worried about me but dammit. If you know this place is in trouble, then why didn't you leave me to go help prepare? Help strategize at the very least. You're great at that. One of the best I've known..." her eyebrows furrowed closer, it wasn't that she was angry, but she was... Annoyed? Irritated? He could be doing something more important than babysitting her. Roje pushed herself off from her lean on the table and instead put them on her hips "We're not dealing with just raiders anymore, you and I both know that." especially if she had gotten hurt...Did that mean Indy got hurt too? Who else had gotten injured in the crossfire? "I know you want to keep things minimal because of my head or whatever, but I need to know everything: Who got hurt? How long I was out for? Clearly I wasn't sleeping for years. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get out of the damn bed." being in the dark was one of her biggest peeves. It made her feel vulnerable, weak, and was under someone else's manipulation.

Roje walked over to him, her hands lifting to cup his face in them, only to get hit with another set of flashbacks. Her and Dusk had trained together, always learning something new within these training sessions. Even after becoming Bonded to him, their styles began to sync, they were able to fight without issue of running into one another. They were a pair that could almost be unstoppable. Even with that said, they had trained many others to fight, teaching them to become just as strong. The brunette focused on Dusk after that flashback, taking in his features once again. That crazy mane he called hair, the beard he possessed...How did that make him so damn attractive? Roje, get your head together will you? the flashbacks were annoying, the brain fog was even more irritating. "You know I wont shut up till I get answers." her jaw tightened for just a brief moment, her stare serious. But the more she stared at him, more memories began to flow in, ones that were deeper than the last. Not only did Roje possess the Shadow Kissed bond with Dusk, but he had created a bond between them himself. One that basically claimed her as his... a Mate Bond.

That alone made chills run down her spine, the woman resisting the urge to shudder I feel like I've had amnesia and now everything is coming back in pieces... I fucking hate being injured.

SILVER BLACKWOOD | location: community house | tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

The concern that washed over Rhevens never seemed to leave his eyes or mannerisms no matter how much he explained what they had both gone through. His glances to Leira were wrought with confusion, disbelief fervent throughout the desperate desire to figure out what was wrong with her. With Aria. With her. Silver had given him her piece and what were truths to him, were waves of memories that she couldn’t recall having until he spoke of them. The swirling, raw emotions that wreathed around her mind, displaced by the many voids in her memory where images should have been, were soaking up Rheven’s words like a sponge. It was as if she were merely a character in a story being reminded of their place in it, wedged into the idea of being a piece of a plan containing a grander scale without really knowing whom the author of it all was. Silver shifted almost uneasily when Rhevens clasped her hand in both of his as her heart betrayed her mind, skipping a beat as foreign thoughts and feelings washed over her. Her eyes darkened as she half-listened to him, half-studied his hands, noting how much warmer they were than her own. How real they felt. ‘You changed back to a human shortly after you went unconscious from your wounds', he’d said, after stating that the magicians they’d fought weren’t just human but also like the both of them. They were the ones that had used their techniques to render her unconscious, the taste of defeat paired with an echoing yelp of pain as she was hit. How battered had she been before allowing herself to fall to them? The Fae? His hands squeezed her’s with a gentility she’d never felt before and she couldn’t help but cling to the comfort and reassurance that it promised.

“Do I remember…”, an image of a white wolf with burning amber-gold eyes briefly snarled into her mind, sounding as if it were in pain only to be quickly warped into that of a similar wolf that wore a pink and blue marking over its eye, feathers adorned into its neck fur as if they were a part of it rather than something added superficially.
“I remember it. But the fae.. Like fairies? Just how long was I out?” Just trying to remember the term was hard enough as her colder expression finally gave way to the dull thudding that had pulsed quietly in the back of her head like the slow beat of a drum. Her own pain and confusion at seeing her wolf form in her head spawned more emotions. More questions. Could Rhevens shift as well? Could his father? The battle flitted in and out of her reach, taunting her with images she couldn’t fully grasp because they shifted like a dream that she couldn’t wake up from. “It hurts to think about it all.” Silver admitted under her breath, using her free hand to place it onto her forehead and partially cover her eye, hoping maybe it would help her focus better. Leira’s quiet voice cut through her thoughts like a splash of cold water, her hand clenching slightly in Rheven’s grasp now as Silver watched the woman analyze both her and Ashley.

Her eyes were bright with a blaring, snowy color that Silver stared at in amazement but she knew that the woman wasn’t just looking between them, but rather looking into them, in a way. Rhevens was about to speak but she swiftly caught him before he could utter a thing, soon leaving to the task Leira had delegated for him to do and leaving Silver with the still-steaming bowl of stew that she looked down at with an indecipherable expression. “Thank you.” Silver’s steely look returned upon Rhevens’s exit as if it had never existed in the first place as she grew silent and began to consume a few spoonfuls of the stew, ignoring the fact that her hands were trembling all the while. The girl that was at the table with her wanted answers just as much as she did, which was a relief, but didn’t fully quell the nagging thud in her head that something was off. Hopefully, Leira would give them the answers they needed.

Indy (Nahla?)

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words

So her own stubbornness had knocked her head in. From the look on Augie's face that, she doubted this was the first time. Or, maybe it was. To be frank, she couldn't quite remember. Obviously. Still, she felt Augie's words should feel at least somewhat familiar, at least in the same way the coin felt echoingly native to the curve of her palm. Instead, the words "raiders" and "mages" conjured no emotional response in her gut, even as Augie described her apparent doomed-desperation to stay in the middle of the action.

She blew out a gust of warm breath that pushed a cloud of dust off a nearby crate. "Must have been a hell of a show," one corner of her lip sneaking up in a half-smile. "Wish I remembered it." Augie was watching her with crossed arms. She could almost swear he'd nearly reached out to her before leaning back against the doorframe in a careful display of nonchalance. This man, he was at least familiar--at least she could picture her memories with him, however abstract those visualizations turned out to be. And he was worried about her. For some reason, that made her chest tighten and mouth dry with discomfort. They lived together, were definitely particularly familiar, so why did his attentive concern make her want to leap out the window so she could punch one of the terrifying horse-men things in the jaw?

A normal person, someone who made clay goods for the town and spent evenings swimming with their attractive, shaggy partner, would not feel so aversed to reaching out and taking their partner's hand. So, she reached out, still awkwardly holding the fork, and laid her hand on Augie's arm. "Food," words were suddenly heavy and misshapen on her tongue. "Yeah. Alright. Feel like I haven't eaten in a month anyway. 'Bout ready to eat one of those horse-people. Those raiders too... maybe, fill me in on that? I, uh, adding to a list of 'shit I should know', don't remember exactly... who they are." Her stomach released a low gurgling growl at that moment. It hadn't been immediately apparent in comparison to the overwhelming flurry of memories leaving and arising once she awoke, but she was starving. Keeping her hand on his arm, she stepped aside and toward the table, pulling out a chair and taking a sniff at the air. "You're not plannin' on drugging my food, right?" She teased, though somewhere deep in her gut it felt like a surprisingly important question. "And uh.... 'fur'?"

coded by: @s e v e n

Hayley.png
963721227-tumblr_n2r53ffSc61rtocego1_250.gif

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Location: Home

Hayley smiled at Shia's babbles, it seemed as long as he was happy, so was she. The child was adorable, how could she even get mad at him? She continued to feed him, till she heard Drayden speak up about the fight, causing her to pause and gaze at him. We fought magic users that had the ability to use Dark Magic... Usually those people are harder to fight due to the fact that the dark always gives shortcuts... Hayley thought I froze and fell back against the rocks? That could explain my amnesia. But did I come into contact with one of the spells? the cogs in her mind continued to spin, clicking and clanking as she tried to process how everything unfolded. Did she just freeze up in fear? No, she wasn't usually scared unless something close to her was taken, or even worse. That meant right now, Drayden and Shia were those 'somethings'. Dipping her spoon into the bowl, she scooped what she could and brought it to her lips and took the stew, finding herself missing the flavor of food. If anything, her taste buds felt heightened. I had to have been hit, that would be the only explanation, unless there's more magic I haven't been informed about.

The Village Tamus... What does he look like?
did anyone ever see him? This was a question she wanted to figure out, but things came to those who waited. "Don't worry, I'll eat. I promise." she said as she continued to bring food to her mouth, gently bouncing Shia on her legs as she did this, ears still listening to Drayden. Only putting her more into her thoughts Others were definitely hurt, we went up against an enemy with Dark Magic. That stuff is nothing to mess around with. taking another spoonful of food, she took it into her mouth and kind of trapped the spoon in her mouth for a short moment before removing it. "Three days...?" she murmured, that could explain why her dream felt like it was realistic as it was. "The magic must have been stro-" before she could finish her sentence, she watched Drayden hold out his finger to Shia, the child growing excited and grabbing one finger as Drayden wiggled the others to get his attention. Entertaining the small child and causing her to release a small laugh and a soft shake of her head.

"The magic must have been strong enough to put us out of commission for a while. It was possible they wanted to knock out as many as they could before planning another attack. I also have another possibility that they expected us to be out of commission longer than three days -If the others woke up at the same time I had- which gave them time to attack in the next few days. But if they knew of us waking up this early, then we could be in trouble." she put the spoon in her bowl and continued to gently bounce Shia while he held onto Drayden's fingers "Do you think we can go see what the Tamus has gathered in the past three days? It could help those who were in the battle and help us prepare or relax." unless the Tamus kept secrets and only told them what they wanted to hear... Her mind had still been foggy but her precautions were still in working order.

Clementine Holt​
The air in the room seemed tense after her and the other girl’s arrival into the common space. Ashley was a bit taken back by the attitude of the woman catering to her, but decided to bring her attention to the food. The changing of eye color did not help the quiet speculation that Ashley held as memories slowly became clear. She turned her attention toward the other girl and heard her mention something about fairies. Fairies? What about fairies? The shift in eye color should have taken her by surprise, but for some reason she accepted it along with the intense stares that made her body anxious. Ashley did not want to cause a fuss with a complete stranger, so she focused on the food presented to her.

She takes a tentative bite of food and glances over at the other girl in the room with a polite nod. “Hello,” she said shyly. “Are you feeling alright? You seem to have a lot on your mind.” She looked towards Leira and shifts uncomfortably under her gaze. A small part in her brain seemed nervous with anxious energy as the two made eye contact. I have memories of her, so I must know her. Why does she still seem like a stranger? Ashley cracks a smile and settles into whatever situation she has been brought into.

Dwight Augen
Tags: "Cub" scout Loki
"Ah, don't beat yourself up kid. As long as everyone makes it home you've done your job. All the warning in the world can't turn some fights. Sometimes survival is the best we can do." Dwight drank down as much of the stew as he could in a single gulp, before placing the bowl aside and quietly following Loki to the door.

"Alright, let's see how everyone faired. I probably need to get walking. Not good to stay in bed all day, let alone three days." he idly commented to himself as he opened the door and stepped out. As Loki passed him, Dwight nodded to the staff. "And good to see you didn't relax on your rune work while I was out. Still a few sharp edges though, the power needs smooth curves, like a river, to flow through."

Leif Hjalkarssen
Tags: Chases-Death, Turid ( Out Of Words Out Of Words )

Not without a pinch of playful reluctance, Leif let Turid go and watched as she ran to the other room, as if his brain was still trying to confirm what it was seeing was real. A small smile tugging on the corner of his lips, he only stood upright and turned back to Chase once the last strand of her fair hair disappeared around the corner.

“Thanks...” For being there for her. Leif knew she was more than able to care for herself at this point, but he didn’t want to imagine what it felt like for her to almost lose someone she likely never expected to. A downside of such partial ‘immortality’. As Chase’s hand moved to rest against the side of his face, Leif didn’t finish the sentence he’d started, though his eyes clearly conveyed the message when they looked at Chase’s.

Leif tilted his head slightly to lean into Chase's hand, and before the man could draw it back a hand grasped Chase's wrist, keeping him from lowering his arm as Leif stepped closer to take him up on his offer of blood, closer than would be necessary, but why not. Senses awakened by first the anticipation and then the blood itself, it wasn't easy to draw back, and it definitely wouldn't be any easier to draw back from a neck bite, but Leif slowly did as he released Chase's arm and met his eyes with a small nod of thanks. It didn't really matter how many times Leif had his blood, it always felt appropriate to be thankful. And if Leif had to count how many times he drank from Chase, he couldn't. But the strong sensations that blood brought were well known, be it in dream or reality, if one or the other he couldn't really tell. He couldn't recall the events, but the effects were etched into his memory.

He then followed Chase into the other room, taking in the familiar but yet foreign place, a feeling he was slowly getting used to. Leif worked on his best poker face at the mention of an 'Augie', and nodded, although his brain couldn't connect the name with any faces in his records, at least not yet. The furs on the table were equally as strange, though they allowed him to guess a few things about the place, but he didn't ask anything else for now. Whatever it was that had wiped out his memory, it was something powerful, for even the blood, while it did help him feel even better, and it did evoke sensations he'd never forgotten to begin with, didn't bring too many new memories back as he hoped it maybe would.

As much as he wanted to follow Chase outside, he stayed, and nodded at Chase when he mentioned talking to the healer. Shifter's blood should protect him from that early morning sun, but he wasn't feeling fully able to discern between fact and fiction at that point. He also didn't really feel like seeing a healer. Finding out what'd happened sounded more important at the moment, but the joy on Chase's face prevented him from doing anything other than agreeing. Plus, Turid was there, and perhaps she could tell him a few things, help him remember while Chase was away.

So he moved to sit down on one of he fur rugs in front of the fireplace instead of on the couch, (another thing that while it seemed like the first time he'd done it, also felt like a habit, something he'd done many times before) and waited for Turid to return like he was sure she would. Once she did, he'd then suggest her to switch places for a moment: instead of listening to stories, how about she told them this time? It was probably his best (and fastest) shot at figuring out how they got to that place.

Last edited:
jason_momoa3.jpg
Hunts-At-Dusk
Vivian 'Roje' Britt-21 Britt-21

Dusk paused in working with the furs, and gave Vivian a look, when she started questioning their tactics and strategies. "Darlin', this isn't our first raid. S'how I know you must not remember things well enough yet." He huffed a bit, focusing on the furs, one of his tactics when he was annoyed or frustrated. He worked the pelts or kept his hands busy in other ways. "You should know me better than that, questioning how I handle things."

Dusk slammed one of the furs down on the table with a growl. "Dammit, Vi. You think I stayed here babysitting you every minute you were out and leaving the village to fend for itself?" Muscles were tense when she approached and cradled his face in her hands. It softened his growl somewhat. One hand came up to cover hers against his jaw, and the grin started to grow. It looked like he was going to say something, but the door opened suddenly.

Rhevenshat.jpg
"Pa!" A somewhat lanky young man with dark hair curled around his face underneath a fur hat nearly burst through the door. When he saw Vivian was up and around, he grinned briefly, "Hey, glad you're awake!" But he quickly turned back to his father, Dusk. "Pa! Aria is awake, and so is Ashley. Leira wanted me to go check on all those who got hurt. She wants 'em to met up in the circle by the lake. I think she saw something. Her eyes did that spirit vision thing."

Ravens barely waited for a nod from Dusk before he gave a little salute toward Vivian and darted right back out the door. "Don't.." SLAM. "..slam the door." Dusk sighed and shook his head before looking back at Vivian. "Let's get you dressed to go outside. It's nearly winter, the air bears winter's breath."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

leira04.jpg
Leira
"Walks-Less-Travelled-Path"

Ashley 'Clementine' AsherMasher AsherMasher Aria 'Silver' Silver- Silver-

Leira didn't share any answers with the two of them just yet. She was about to say something perhaps, but opted to not interrupt when Ashley spoke up, asking Aria how she was. The woman in the embroidered dress just gave them a small smile and turned to put away whatever food hadn't been eaten yet, giving them another few moments to finish their own stew. And when that didn't take very long, she murmured, "We need to dress for going outside. It is a little chilly, please be sure to dress appropriately."

Fingers touched the door frame along one of the middle doors in the room. "I will be a couple of minutes, will give the others a chance to get ready and meet us at the circle." A little dip of her chin in a sort of nod, and then Leira disappeared behind the door into, presumably, her own bedroom, door closed behind.

This left Aria and Ashley free to converse, finish eating, or retreat to their own rooms to get dressed in something warmer for an outside trip.

OOC GM Note: Characters have approximately five minutes time of action/dialogue. Feel free to use Discord for quick back and forth as needed, then compile into a forum post.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

newface.jpg
Augie Ward

Nahla 'Indy' Rhyme Rhyme

Augie chuckled when she became closer to her ravenous self. "This way then, m'lady." He gave her a formal-ish bow and devil-ish grin. He led her to the table in the other room, and quickly fixed her a bowl of the breakfast stew. Theirs was a little different than most, for while it usually held a variety of meat and vegetables, their kettle usually consisted of different fish and crustaceans.

"Remember fishin' these up? Leira also helps feed everyone in the village aside from being the healer and seer. I mean.. we gave her the ingredients, she just cooks 'em better than I can. And you never liked cooking." By then, the bowl was set in front of her, fresh from the kettle at the fireplace, adding a small roll on the side. Augie made up his own bowl as she commented on the fur remark. "Well, yeah, she's always claimin' she'll keep my selkie fur if I don't take care of you approps and the like. So definitely, no drugging."

He gave her a wink before taking a spoonful of his food, and a few small images from before played again. Like swimming together, flirting along the bottom of the water. Augie in his other form, which looked like some were-seal, and she with her tail of scales. Augie would try to find the prettiest shells, things she sometimes used in her crafting, even made a necklace of them that is still in a drawer somewhere. Or tease her by putting starfishes on her shoulder when she wasn't looking.

Augie had fur, she had scales, just like the other sirens in the area. Just like the figure on her coin.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

armour.jpg
Drayden
Jeannine 'Hayley' Britt-21 Britt-21

Drayden kept playing 'grab my finger' with Shia, keeping his voice quiet and as calming as he could while he addressed the spoken concerns Jeannine had. "They didn't survive. It's not likely they'll try to raid again so soon. They'll have to replenish their numbers first." He finally got his fingers back when Shia babbled and pointed to the floor. Once let go, he'd waddle to his toy chest against one wall, and plop down on the fur rug to entertain himself a while.

This gave Drayden time to focus more on Jeannine. He searched her face, making sure she was feeling better and not just trying to put on a brave front. "Don't think they expected us to have a fire elemental here this time around." One large hand covered hers, with a brush of his fingers back and forth along the top. It had taken him a bit of bravery to make the gesture, even now his face flushed a bit with the boldness he was displaying now.

"I'm glad you were, and... are.. here." And then his moment of bravado seemed to fade, as he drew his hand back with one of his goofy, awkward like smiles. "Shia is too, I'm sure of it." He cleared his throat and pushed up and away from the table. "We need to dress to go out first. When you're done with your food, just leave the bowl there. I'll take care of it. I'll uh.." He was a little flustered, not quite meeting her gaze for long.

"I'll make sure Shia is dressed, we can take him to Bastian and Ameria. Bastian loves to watch Shia any chance he can get. I think it's because they both have wings." He laughed, a deep, rich sound as he picked up the toddle, who was already holding up his arms as if anticipating Drayden's intent.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

lokidopple01s.jpg
Loki Blackwell
Dwight 'Edwin' Thropian Thropian

Loki grinned, showing off the runes with a hand running over the ones at the top. "Yeah, ain't had the time yets to smooth 'em outs like'n I's want. Soon thoughs. Mebbe." He gave a grin and a laugh, before taking a few steps away from their home and into the village. The smell in the air was fresh, as clean as clean can get with a mix of the woods and water. Water that could be heard bubbling and babbling all around one side of the village.

The small stone wall encircled most of the perimeter, and several houses had been arranged in a circle on the outer edge. There were a few smaller houses outside the main village wall, where the humans who tended to the animals and crops tended to reside when they weren't in a raid. Dwight knew they had an area in the center of the village they went to when the alarm sounded.

It was a larger building in the center, with a tall almost church like tower, but it was definitely not a church. The tower gave a splendid view of the area all around the village, and had a bell used to sound an alarm when needed. "At least the last group were all wiped out likes. Gives us a small rest a'fore theys attack 'gin. Least wise that's the hope. They's gotta rebuild the numbers." For a moment, Loki looked toward the center building. "Wonder if'n they gots any good info outta them."

He started to walk toward another house. "Thoughts we's check'n on the community house. Where the healer lives, with a few others. Those that ain't got their own home. Mebbe we can build some more soons fer them." He gestured briefly toward the destination. "She shoulds be done wit' makin' all the kettles fer folks. Sun nearly's up. Eatin's time over."

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

turid.jpg
Turid Leifsdottir
Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf

Turid hurried faster than she would have otherwise. When she emerged a minute or two later, the blood had been cleaned from her skin and hair, and her clothing changed into linen pajamas with furred slippers. Her slippers had little rounded ears crafted on them, along with two black buttons for eyes.

It was obvious her thought had been only to return to Leif. "Papa!" She grinned and once more was there, hugging him like some favorite old stuffed rabbit. "I'm so glad you're awake again! Don't scare us so, okay?" She had a very serious expression when she said the last, and gave a stubborn little glare until Leif nodded or replied in some fashion.

With that out of the way, she settled into a nice lean against Leif, arms still around him as she sat down next to him. For a moment, she pouted upon realizing she wasn't going to get a story before bed. However, this shifted into a big grin, wide enough to show her vampire canines. "Oh yes! I can tell a story! What story?" Leif indicated he wished something about the current year, and how they came to be in the village.

Turid leaned more against Leif, staring into the fireplace with a small giggle. "It's fourteen thirty-four, silly Papa! Oh, story, right." She cleared her throat and started over. "Once upon fourteen thirty-four..." Turid was much older than she appeared, but she had remarkably retained that child at heart nature. Which spoke heavily to how Leif raised her in those early tumultuous times.

"Turid, her papa, and her maker, had to escape the hunters. So, in the dark of night, because the night is dark, they left London and traveled the world to New Zealand. Only.." Turid stopped, tilting her head up to look at Leif. "It was a year before, we took our time and did some sightseeing. Remember, Papa?"

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

Last edited:
Gargoyle.jpg
Bastian
Ameria Farsys Maeteris Maeteris

Ameria woke with one hell of a headache, and a warmth as if from a low fever. She was laying in a bed, dressed in linen pajamas, covered with more than a couple of blankets. There was a fireplace directly opposite the bed, the wood crackling and snapping now and then. The light from the fire flickered across the ceiling and illuminated the form perched on top of a chest against one wall.

It was vaguely human in shape, with a few blinks to clear out her vision, Ameria could see it was a gargoyle of stone, with wings folded upon its back. Something flicked a string of memory, but it was old, much older than the memories she had immediately upon waking.

Memories of a more modern time, where she worked as a driver and enforcer for a vast, and very lucrative, company. Not just a company, but Harper Industries, and she worked directly with Evelyn Harper. But, that wasn't where she was now, and she wasn't in the same time. She knew this time, like little worms burrowing into her wakeful state, other recollections surfaced.

She was in the village Rhiefdell, a small and quaint location with a very important strategic position. On the edge of the woods, and up against a lake that opened out into open waters farther down the bank. The village was chock full of supernatural beings, with humans doing most of the mundane tasks. And they were here to...

To...

"Ameria?' The gargoyle's voice stopped whatever memory had been about to surface. His voice was low and gravelly, an extension of his stone form. "You caused worry upon my form. You lost wakefulness when it was not yet time to slumber. This form does feel hope you do not take offense as this form had to put you in your slumber square." And that's when something else came to light. Rhiefdell was now her present, not a memory of the past. Ameria was barely 41 years old, and still on the cusp of truly understanding and grasping all the magic she could hold and wield.

A NIGHT BLEEDS
A story by Out Of Words

unnamed.png
Ameria Farsys

Ameria’s memories from yonder skimms her consciousness again, itching to remind her of something far bigger than life itself. Bastian’s stony facade stares at her, unflinching, his words convey a sense of worry. She snickers, “Thank you for moving me into bed, Bastian.” She says, a little amused.

A hell of a headache makes itself known as she tries to sit up. Fingers massages the sides of her face in a futile attempt to force them away. “When did I pass out?” She asks, suppressing a frustrated sigh.

She stares into the fire, crackling and dancing to a muted tune. In another life, she would be staring at something else, a rectangular object of some sort. The corner of her lip quirks. ‘I’m going mad, surely.’

“Remind me of my plans today, would you Bastian?’ She requests; days before she would be overcome by a sense of dejavu and the odd urge to thank someone named Alexa. Queer, she knew no one by the name.

Out Of Words Out Of Words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back