• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SleepyConley

my head hurts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A Flower Cannot Bloom Without Desire

(Currently Closed. Thank you so much for showing interest, keep checking back or join the discord if you still want to join, you never know, we might need more characters in the future.)

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

The Gist

Our story will take place in a futuristic, fantasy world. In this world humans are born with seeds inside them, these seeds grow as the humans age, blooming into wonderful tools or weapons that are attached to them. Our story is revolved around these blooms-powers, our characters will be apart of a Criminal Investigation Department apart of one of the worlds leading bloom organizations. We'll be tasked with investigating and taking down criminals/gangs inside one of the biggest cities on the planet.

A Little Bit of Info

Seeds are seed-like growths that are found within humans at birth. They can grow anywhere inside the body, but the most common spot is the wrist. Some people are born with multiple seeds, this is extremely rare, but it does happen. Seeds act like a second heart for humans in this world. If a seed is damaged or cut out, it can prove fatal. As time goes on a seed will grow and bloom, this usually happens around the age of 16, but can happen sooner or later. Seeds can bloom into anything and feed off the hosts personality and desires. When a seed blooms, it is no longer called a seed and instead is called a bloom. A bloom can be anything. It can help with all sorts of tasks. Some examples are: a flower vase with vines that have healing properties, for someone who desires to help others and wants to be a doctor. A book that has everything they've ever seen or learned in it, for those who want to educate the world and crave wisdom. A bloom that encases someones hand/wrist/arm/whatever in a gauntlet that can allow them to control elements or move things with their mind. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

The world our story is going to take place in is called Peony. The year in this world is 2142, slightly more technologically advanced than our own. The main setting is going to be one of the major cities in this world, on an island nation. The name of the city is Umbra. Umbra is home to The Garden Organization, the biggest bloom organization. The Garden recruits those with strong blooms or those that have the potential to have strong blooms (bloodline, strong ambition/desire). The Garden employs doctors, teachers, architects, archaeologists, beast-tamers, adventurers and many other professions and have institutions all over the world. To join The Garden you have to have an exotic bloom or be very skilled in your profession. Those that join get a special license signifying your enrollment into the organization and can be used to get special treatment and discounts all over the world. Most join The Garden for wealth, fame and glory.

Rules/Expectations

As far as rules go, well, I don't have many. All I ask is that you be familiar with the RPN rules, if you're not this might be a good time to do that. Read them here. Don't kill off characters without permission from the character's owner. Don't be an idiot, simple, really. Looking for around 5 people, however if interest is high I can literally change one minor story detail and add room for an unlimited amount of people, so we'll see! You're allowed to have as many characters as you feel like you can control.

My expectation is for this roleplay to last awhile. I also ask that you be halfway literate, roleplaying is fun, I get that, but this is forum roleplay. If you don't understand basic English and Literature, please, don't sign up for this. I'm not that strict, I promise, I'm not a genius either when it comes to this stuff, but I don't want to get a headache trying to decipher what you're saying. Also I don't expect 5 paragraphs per post, yes, the more detail the better but if you simply don't have enough to write about depending on the situation then I don't want you to have to worry or stress about adding in extra details. I'm just here to have fun, write as much as you can/want.

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

Interested? I've already began working on some lore. Check it out here: Lore

When you finished reading ALL OF THE LORE, check out this character sheet and make a character here: Character Sheet

Once you've read all the lore and made a character sheet, check out the OOC thread and get to know me and everyone else. This is mandatory... I'm lonely. Check it out here: OOC

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

I ask that you post questions, criticism and other related things in the OOC. Only post whether or not you are interested here! Let's try to keep it up towards the top until we get enough members. Thanks everyone!​

⛧ c o d e d _ b y _ s p o o k i e ⛧

Last edited:
hey, while all my codes are free to use (and i encourage using them!), the one rule i have in my coding shop is to leave the credit... and this code (lyrics for the broken and forgotten) appears to have had its built-in credit removed.

it's also the old, unoptimized version and uses divs, which will be obsolete soon. if you'd like to continue using my code, i ask that you grab an updated and credited copy from my workshop here. coders like myself work hard to make rping a pretty experience for everyone and we're happy to share, but removing credit when it's literally built in is quite rude.

hey, while all my codes are free to use (and i encourage using them!), the one rule i have in my coding shop is to leave the credit... and this code (lyrics for the broken and forgotten) appears to have had its built-in credit removed.

it's also the old, unoptimized version and uses divs, which will be obsolete soon. if you'd like to continue using my code, i ask that you grab an updated and credited copy from my workshop here. coders like myself work hard to make rping a pretty experience for everyone and we're happy to share, but removing credit when it's literally built in is quite rude.

I altered the coding so much I didn't know if I should have credited you or not. I basically converted it into a template and just left very basic coding left behind from yours. I was using it as a lee-way to kind of teach myself how to code. I'm sorry this seemed rude to you! But by all means if the basic lines of code were something you worked hard on, I'm sorry I didn't give you the credit. I also wasn't aware that the DIV coding will be obsolete soon. I thought it was apart of normal BBcoding? I'm not an expert by any means so I'll definitely check out more of your work! - I'm not trying to be a smartass, it just seemed odd in my head to give you the credit for a couple lines of code lmao I don't even know why. I think I was sleep deprived, I know that's not an excuse! I'll go and give credit where it is due! I apologize, your work is quite pretty. Sucks that DIV's are leaving...

Last edited:
I thought the coding looked kinda similar but I don’t mind. It is a nice, pretty, simple code. The story is what really caught my eye not the coding but it is a plus. Learn from this experience and start giving people credit, I understand why you didn’t but if his work was what you originally used... well, come on it isn’t really rocket science.

I thought the coding looked kinda similar but I don’t mind. It is a nice, pretty, simple code. The story is what really caught my eye not the coding but it is a plus. Learn from this experience and start giving people credit, I understand why you didn’t but if his work was what you originally used... well, come on it isn’t really rocket science.

Of course! I will!

and thanks for showing interest in the story. I worked super hard on it!

Last edited:
Interested. I don't know anything about what is happening up there ^ I just wanna roleplay lol.

I agree with TheMightyBulk TheMightyBulk one of the better stories I've seen, in my honest opinion! Good job!

I also signed up for your World Castle rp, sad that it was cancelled. But I understand why it was, hope this one works out better. I'll make a CS later.

Lit. I already mentioned this in PM's but now all can see. Grade-A story, im in.

Interested. I don't know anything about what is happening up there ^ I just wanna roleplay lol.

I agree with TheMightyBulk TheMightyBulk one of the better stories I've seen, in my honest opinion! Good job!

I also signed up for your World Castle rp, sad that it was cancelled. But I understand why it was, hope this one works out better. I'll make a CS later.

Wow thanks you guys, honestly lol. I've just been re-reading everything nervous if y'all will like it or not. So far mostly positives! Can't wait to RP with everyone. <3

Last edited:
I altered the coding so much I didn't know if I should have credited you or not. I basically converted it into a template and just left very basic coding left behind from yours. I was using it as a lee-way to kind of teach myself how to code. I'm sorry this seemed rude to you! But by all means if the basic lines of code were something you worked hard on, I'm sorry I didn't give you the credit. I also wasn't aware that the DIV coding will be obsolete soon. I thought it was apart of normal BBcoding? I'm not an expert by any means so I'll definitely check out more of your work! - I'm not trying to be a smartass, it just seemed odd in my head to give you the credit for a couple lines of code lmao I don't even know why. I think I was sleep deprived, I know that's not an excuse! I'll go and give credit where it is due! I apologize, your work is quite pretty. Sucks that DIV's are leaving...
leaving the credit is always the right thing to do, especially if the design is still recognizable. it's actually against the site rules to use another person's bbcode and remove their credit.

the coding done for that specific piece may be 'basic' (and that's on purpose actually, as not everyone is willing or able to use more complex codes), but it's still my work. i'm absolutely fine with my codes being chopped up to learn on, but that should be kept in your private workshop or used with credit as stated in my usage rules. changing some elements doesn't make something your code, and tbh most of this one is identical to my original... opacity, shadows, scroll and everything. it's far too similar to be used without credit.

i do appreciate that you've added back the credit in your interest check, but you've used this code in multiple other areas and have provided it as a cs as well, all still without credit. please add it back wherever you've used my code, or just remove the code if you'd prefer.

my intention isn't to give you a hard time or ruin your roleplaying experience, but i laid out the rules in my coding thread and would appreciate them being followed.

leaving the credit is always the right thing to do, especially if the design is still recognizable. it's actually against the site rules to use another person's bbcode and remove their credit.

the coding done for that specific piece may be 'basic' (and that's on purpose actually, as not everyone is willing or able to use more complex codes), but it's still my work. i'm absolutely fine with my codes being chopped up to learn on, but that should be kept in your private workshop or used with credit as stated in my usage rules. changing some elements doesn't make something your code, and tbh most of this one is identical to my original... opacity, shadows, scroll and everything. it's far too similar to be used without credit.

i do appreciate that you've added back the credit in your interest check, but you've used this code in multiple other areas and have provided it as a cs as well, all still without credit. please add it back wherever you've used my code, or just remove the code if you'd prefer.

my intention isn't to give you a hard time or ruin your roleplaying experience, but i laid out the rules in my coding thread and would appreciate them being followed.

Look, I'm going to be honest with you. I found your work on accident when I first joined this website when I was looking at active group roleplays outside of interest checks. I just acted like I was going to reply to your message, removed the quotes and bam. Also the way the lore is set up is similar to how you do yours. I've been on websites similar to this one and figured that was meta for the site. I really enjoyed how it was all organized. I apologize for that as well. and I did mess around with it in my personal workshop. I deleted basically everything in the middle and I guess your credit got caught up with it. BBCode and roleplaying is new territory for me, so, excuse my ignorance, please. My goal isn't to make enemies. I had completely forgot what your name was and figured the code was so chopped up it wouldn't matter. I was mistaken. I understand you've been doing this for awhile based on your date joined, but I don't really understand workshops and stuff yet. I know a lot more than when I joined and I promise you'll get your credit. The reason I haven't gave you the credit in other places yet is because I'm in the middle of converting everything over to your new and improved version... This is a huge misunderstanding. I've learned, you'll get your credit, don't worry. Again - I'll say - Please excuse my ignorance. (Now that you've seen deeper into my brain, I hope we can start over. <3)

Is this still open?

Yessir!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back