• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Kaitlyn Williams

She chuckled, "don't stress so much!" She placed her hand on his shoulder comfortingly, "now we need that fire." She stood up and ran off. After a few minutes, Jerry came waddling up to him and lay beside him. Kaitlyn came running back with some wood in her hands, she placed them down and stacked them in a certain way. Kaitlyn had to admit, he did seem stressed, the only way to solve this was by simply doing something that he may feel like liking. Kaitlyn then whispered to him, "scoot back." Kaitlyn strode up behind him and sat on a rock behind him, placing both her hands on his shoulders in a massaging motion.

Kaitlyn sure knew how to make someone relax, she had massaged her animals before when they were at their weakest of times. Maybe it would work for him? She just decided to do it for him anyway.​

((Oh no, back massages! Timo's one weakness! *laughs*. Now to think of a response.))

Timoteo nodded in thanks at the kind gesture and words Kaitlyn provided, very much grateful. Perhaps he should take some lessons from his mom about how to prepare a fish for next time. It was a bit embarrassing to do that in repeated efforts in front of Kaitlyn whereas it would probably not have been in front of a bunch of strangers his age. Why? He did not know.

Sighing and placing the fish on a clean spot of rock, he headed off to the brook nearby to wash his hands, coming back afterwards and slumping near the fire. Some of the crumpled sheets of paper, printed over with flourishing strokes of ledger paper no longer useful, were so dry that the slightest touch wrinkled it even within the oilcloth. This would burn nicely, he thought to himself.

Seeing Jerry nearby, he was more than happy to pet the fawn as he would a domesticated animal, which ran odd to him. Deer were typically timid, but he, practically a stranger, was petting the lovely thing until Kaitlyn came back and set the wood in good order. He was surprised by her whispering, however, and after a bit of hesitation he did as suggested. What happened next surprised him even more, causing him to nearly leap out of his skin.

"Kaitlyn?" he said in question, unsure of exactly what was happening but not exactly complaining. His muscles were certainly tighter than the norm, but he usually massaged himself. This, however, was amazing by comparison, reaching better than he could with his own arms.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn smirked, "mhm?" she responded from the calling of her name. Though she didn't stop, she only continued and deepened. The inside of her thighs was almost pressing against his sides of his arms, only brushing pretty much. She rolled her thumbs in a circular motion and she began humming. Nothing about this to her seemed inappropriate. Though, she really liked him, a lot for that matter. "Are you enjoying this?" she questioned, blowing a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Also... if you want to sneak me to meet Esmere... I have a way that may impress you..." she added, a grin crossed her face. She was sure this had made him relax anyway. The main reason she was doing this was, of course, because she was still trying to thank him for saving her life. She'll never forget it.​

Timo hated to admit it or to even turn around due to his burning cheeks, but he did both, saying, "I, ah . . . yes, I am, but I think I am better now, thanks."

He was not too knowledgeable on what was inappropriate himself, but he was a mite unsure and uncomfortable. Never did anyone massage him before with the exception of his mom when he was younger. His dad always taught him to rub his muscles to soften and loosen them up for the next bout of work. However, he assumed that if Kaitlyn was fine with it, he would be fine with it, and it was not too bad, right?

"You have thought of a way?" he asked in incredulity, his flush dying away to an excited redness to his cheeks as he turned his head around. "I'm interested in hearing what you are thinking." He mulled it over a little, eyes closing in thought. "A disguise? A night visit? I mean no harm in saying this, but I do not think we can walk up to her house in plain daylight."

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn smiled and plopped her hands on her lap, standing up. "Yes, but nothing like that," she responded, putting the two fishes on sticks over the flames. She stood a few feet before him, then a puff of smoke appeared around her and the wind began picking up. She then seemed to have disappeared, but on the ground, there was a small white wolf-pup on the ground. It had the same blue eyes as Kaitlyn and was wagging its little tail at him. Kaitlyn can shift into a wolf puppy! It was adorable!

Another puff appeared and she shifted back to normal, "huh? Do you think that'll work?" she asked, a smirk on her face. "I was thinking you could carry me around with you as a pup. That way, no one could really suspect anything." She really had a plan!​

Timo eyed her curiously as she put the carved fish over the fire, then fell harshly backwards when seeing that she not only disappeared but disappeared by magic! He quickly surged to his feet and backed away with hand outstretched, then eyed her in her very petite form, mouth agape.

"How did you . . . ?" he voiced before realising that he did not have the words to finish. "Did you just . . . change shape? So you can use magic?"

He placed his hands on his knees as he stood in disbelief. He knew she was special and that there was something otherworldly about her, but this was surreal. She was a magician, like one of the travelling gypsies he had heard about in tales beyond the country, or the witches of lore in these parts from stories to scare children with fearful tales of an evil lady's grand purpose to eat them. However, Kaitlyn was not evil in the slightest. To him, she was among the sweetest people he knew. She was no witch.

"That would definitely work," he confessed, feeling a little sheepish from his display of confusion. "If I can carry you, or even put you in my rucksack when I get it, we can go in without worry, and I can show you around my village! This is brilliant!"

Kaitlyn Williams

"Yep! One could say I know magic. I learned it from my family," she smiled at him, with her tail wagging. "I knew you would think so! I had been putting much thought into it," she walked out of the clearing once again. The fish smell was lingering around, making some birds fly over them. Kaitlyn returned with a rock bowl and a wooden spoon. She was also carrying two rock plates and placed the two fishes on them. She then spread out some yellow-amber-colored substance over the fishes from the rock bowl. She winked at him handing him his fish, "try it, trust me. It's honey, by the way. It gives the fish a sweet flavor."

After she finished hers, she put out the fire with some water. She approached back over to him and seated, "so, I'm free all day and I'm just getting started. When do you want to show me your village? No pressure." She was madly excited and it was obvious: her cheeks were pink, her smile was the brightest, and so were her eyes.​

Timo puzzled over the shapeshifting magic that she used, wondering if it was even possible to do that himself, or if others could learn such a thing. Was magic inherent through bloodline like hair colour or noses or eyes, or was different and could be inherited by teaching or just having the knack? He wondered if he could learn from her regarding this.

Kaitlyn returning with honey and dressing the fish with it brought a smile to his lips. He had eaten fish growing up with honey dressed on top of it! This was certain to be delicious, in his opinion, and he happily accepted the plate.

"This is how my mom cooks our meals with fish," he explained, eyeing the delicious morsel below him. "A dallop of honey lasts forever and tastes amazing on pretty much anything. Then again, I am a bit of a sweets person."

He dug in, and boy! was it good. The fishy flavour blended well with the tangy but sweet wild honey and gave it twice the flavour. He was despondent when he was left with little more than scales.

Upon Kaitlyn's question, he looked up toward her -- why was she so cute? --chuckled at her excitement, and mused over the possibilities. Today? Next time? He supposed that it would be up to Kate, as Esmere would probably be happy with any time.

"If today works best for you, I can show you now. I am free all day too," he answered with a wide, contented smile. "That was good fish. You certainly know how to cook." He looked a little more wrapped in thought before continuing. "Just, ah, a little word of advice. Esmere is . . . I think boisterous is the word to describe her. She speaks her mind very often without anything to catch it, like how . . ."

He broke off mid-sentence, not sure if he should say what he was going to . . . like how Esmere thought they were an item.

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

She smiled warmly as he very much enjoyed the fish she had cooked for him, she wagged her tail in response. “Now sounds great!” She stood up and interlocked her fingers together with both hands. She listened carefully as he described Esmere, “I’m sure I’ll like her! Any friend of yours can be a friend of mine!”

She then shifted into her wolf pup form and stood on her hind legs. Beckoning for him to carry her.​

Timo laughed upon seeing her transform and stand on her legs, and he acquiesced with picking her up, partially worried about how he would do so. He held puppies before, and they did not seem to complain about how he held them, so he attempted the same for a fair portion, if not all of the trip.

It was business as usual travelling through the forest, with the exception of the rain from before. Kaitlyn would notice that he branched off from a path he used before and down a slope to reach clearing after clearing. Some of these were from loggers over a century in the making, which he explained to her, and that some of the trees built his own house, a small log cabin with slats and shingles built over a fair portion of it, also made with wood but stained with pitch and boiled oil to ward off water.

"I do not know much of woodworking, but the way things work interests me," he stated.

After a fair amount of time, they made it. The village was composed of a fair number of buildings that was separate from a main road that Timo travelled down partially. Some thirty or forty houses dotted a clearing with only some trees throughout, all of which -- both the houses and trees -- seemed to be facing the sun's travel arc. People seemed to walk among or in front of the houses, mostly hanging out with like-aged individuals. The market seemed occupied in the height of the day, with some discussion talked heatedly over the din about eggs and why they are priced higher.

"This is my village," he said proudly to the pup, looking down at Kaitlyn as he walked further into the dirt streets. "They are rather loud, but they all mean well. Well, mostly . . . you have seen Jaga, but he only comes into the heart of the village rarely. And that over there"--he pointed over to one of the larger houses, a taller and more elegant one with many summer flowers in front of it--"is Esmere's family's house. Would you like to meet her now?"

Kaitlyn Williams

She had her tongue hung out one side of her mouth as he head there. She looked at everything around her, seeing things from this viewpoint. Her little ears flopped about as he walked around and so did her tail.

There were many new scents that she had never smelt before! Everything was so extraordinary and different! She would squirm around in his arms to get better positions to see everything. Her tail would lightly thump against him due to her strange or odd angles.

Timoteo pointed out one house in particular that was Esmere’ as and asked if she wanted to go now. She barked cutely in response and wagged her tail even faster with excitement.​

Cracking a grin, Timoteo took that correctly for assent and stepped forward, past the multi-coloured, multi-headed flowers and up to the oaken red door. Shifting the pup form of Kaitlyn to one hand, he knocked on the door and waited.

The door creaked open enough to see the head of a woman somewhere close to thirty peer outside from the brightly lit interior, her jet black hair only partially curtaining over her eyes while the rest was suspended in an untidy bun hastily made. She looked outside for a brief moment, eyes narrows in suspicion, then speculation, then recognition.

"Timoteo? What are you doing here again? Forgot something, did you?" she asked, unfurling the door a little more to see that he was not alone. Her eyes were somewhere between interest and worry. "Ah, you've brought someone else, too. Is that a wolf cub? You did not snatch that from its mother, did you?"

"No, ma'am," Timo replied, holding the pup closer. "I found the cub alone in the forest and was hoping to show it to Esmere. I can assure you that nothing bad will happen under my watch. This cub is as good-natured as they come."

She squinted her amber eyes, torn over the prospect of letting her daughter play with a wild animal and whether she should see it. In the end, though, she relented, bobbing her head up and down.

"I'll allow it inside as long as it does not pee on the floor or bite. If it does, I want it gone." She looked at the wolf cub again, perhaps catching something unique about it. Timo thought he saw the same thing earlier. Blue eyes were not commonly seen in wolf pups after a certain age, usually ending up yellow-gold soon after two weeks. Not being familiar with it or animals in general besides cats, the madame of the household continued and opened the door fully for them. "Esmere is in her room. Her legs have been acting up again, so you may find her in her bed with her sketchbook or asleep. I called for the doctor, but he is in another village." She shook her head. "Thanks for coming in as often as you do. She does much better having company over."

"Thanks, Mrs. Porter."

With a good-natured smile, Timo entered with the pup in tow, heading down the main hallway and to the left. The interior of the building was very well-to-do, some ornate paintings decorating the walls and a flower in every vase which in turn was on every cupboard and table. Strips of carpet trailed along the middles of the floor, more for a feel of looking the part of being rich than anything else. Timo felt a little saddened when he trudged over them. They had not been touched in a grand while, collecting dust and dirt for at least a year without being shaken. They had not had a manservant or maidservant in a while since their money was drying up.

When they revolved around the corner, they came to Esmere's room, well-lit by a myriad of windows with tartan curtains and outer shutters withdrawn. Esmere herself was nestled in sheets, reading a book quiescently before looking up, her glazed eyes suddenly coming to life.

"Timothy!" she uttered gleefully, setting her book down and placing a ribbon between pages. Timo uttered a sigh; she always managed to get a rise from him saying his name that way. "You nearly caught me napping, you sly dog. Oh, you brought a . . . wolf? Puppy? A wolf puppy?!" She shook her arms quickly to usher him further in. "Come in, come in. I must have a look! This is the first time I've seen one. Wolves, yes, but not a puppy."

Timo looked down at Kaitlyn as if to get a clue as to what he should do. Let her on the floor, or the bed, or within Esmere's eager hands to pet and stroke and entirely love? Perhaps not let go of her at all at the moment?

Kaitlyn Williams

Once at the door, a woman appeared, and Timoteo and she conversed for a little, then they were allowed in. The house seemed much warmer than outside or she had ever felt, completely different. Her little tail still wiggling and her head swung around to see everything. Timoteo then went up to a door and a girl was in the room. She lit up when she spotted Kaitlyn, he swung her tail in response. Her blue orbs looking up at Timoteo with some slight worry. She wasn't used to actually being treated as a pup, but... just this once?

Kaitlyn looked at his face and did something that she wished she hadn't: she licked his cheek. She then leapt down from Timoteo's arms and onto the young girl's bed. Kaitlyn sat down with her tail swaying to and fro.​

Timo looked surprised by the lick as Kaitlyn wriggled out of his grip and onto the bed, cupping his cheek for a moment before wiping away the tiny amount of saliva. Esmere, on the other hand, was in heaven, watching as the white wolf pup plopped onto her bed and across to her. Esmere's eager but gentle hands snagged Kaitlyn up, set her down on the youth's lap, and proceeded to stroke her from the dome of her head down to the middle of her back.

"You never told me that you had a puppy!" she exclaimed, neverminding the possibility of being nipped. "Is it a boy or a girl? This is a nice treat, a nice treat, I say! Is a name decided for her? It is a her, right?"

"She is a her, yes," Timo replied with a moment of hesitance, considering the stroking of the pup perfectly fine if it were actually a pup and not a person.

"You see? I have a knack for guessing these things. But wait! Does that mean that you have not met her again? You played with your pup and decided to bring her along instead? Oh, shame on you, shame on you! And I told you to bring her here. Two for two!"

Esmere burst out laughing while Timo looked at her aghast, then down at Kaitlyn. Dared he mention that the pup was in fact . . . ?

He did. He did dare, especially as the roiling laughter continued.

"Actually, that's her. She just magicked herself into a puppy."

That stopped the laughter almost instantly. Esmere looked down at the puppy studiously, then back at him, and grinned.

"Honestly, you expect me to believe that this wolf is this girl you mentioned? Not even a gypsy or magician can pull such a trick. Only a witch! Only ravens! They can only transform into ravens."

"Kaitlyn? If you may?" he asked, sighing and shrugging his shoulders.

Kaitlyn Williams

kaitlyn listened to them bicker back and forth while being stroked. Though, it wasn't her thing of being touched. She wasn't the most touchy type since she flicked her ears a few times due to it, trying to remain at ease. Until Timoteo finally spit out that she was indeed his friend he had been hanging out with so much recently. Kaitlyn turned over to him and stuck out her little pink tongue at him, teasingly. Kaitlyn then leaped off the bed and stood beside Timoteo with a little smirk. With a little poof, Kaitlyn was standing in her natural form.

"Phew! Oh my gosh, I had so much to say that I couldn't," she chuckled, lightly tapping Timoteo's shoulder. Her eyebrows were raised and she had a mischievous smile on her cute face. She then turned her attention back to Esmere, to see her reaction.​

((Hah! Perfect. I will be a while with my next post, just as a heads-up, but I look forward to making it.))

Timo was surprised by the closeness of her transformation. He could not help but smile nervously--or was it shyly--when she was tapping his shoulder. What did that mean? He did not know.

Esmere would have leaped clear out of bed if not for her being pinned down by her gammy legs and the blanket. She reeled back to the headboard and let loose a fearful gasp, but it did not sound out very loudly, and definitely not loud enough to alert her mother, Mrs. Porter from earlier. She gulped a few desperately needed breaths of air, and in a surprisingly quick amount of calm, as if an idea sprang to mind, started to smirk back at Kaitlyn.

"Wow!" she voiced emphatically and still breathlessly. "Wow. Wow." She started to sit upright and tugged at her legs to bring them to the side of the bed. "You really did magick yourself! Timo, where did you say you saw her again?"

"The forest far from here while I was exploring. It was a chance meeting," he replied.

"Most meetings are when exploring, yes," she expressed, matter-of-factly and perhaps poorly but done so due to the level of attention she was giving Kaitlyn. Her amber eyes devoured the clever wolf girl that deceived her, travelling up and down. "Very pretty," she whispered under her breath. "Marvelous fur. She has a personality that matches her cunning, too. I would love to play chess or checkers with you."

A wide smile crossed her face. Timo did not often like that expression because it usually intimated that something uncalculated was about to--

"I approve, but are you sure this is sanctioned? A lovely girl though you may be, and I am sure that you two are infatuated with each other now, but I would like to know how this works."

"Esmere!" Timo exclaimed frightfully. This was not the time!

"But that lick! And your reaction! Both were sweet. And besides--"

"Esmere, enough!"

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn watched her calmly, keeping the same straight expression. Kaitlyn was silent while listening to their conversation. She rose her eyebrows back at Timoteo and smirked also, then a smile formed, with her cheeks all high up. Kaitlyn watched the girl's every move as she was assessed, which she didn't seem to mind at all. Since she probably had never seen anything like her until now. Chess? Checkers? She questioned in her mind. She'll maybe learn more about what that is later.

Kaitlyn then glanced at Timoteo as an odd smile crossed Esmere's face. Kaitlyn bit her bottom lip for a mere moment, not sure what that smile meant. Kaitlyn's eyes widened completely as she realized what was going on here. Oh gosh... she thought, shaking her head with a light shade of pink on her cheeks. Kaitlyn seemed uncomfortable with this subject and flattened her ears completely downward. Her tail became stiff and she shifted back into her pup form. Not wanting to say anything anymore... her embarrassment had taken over.​

Esmere looked at him quizzically but still with a light and ethereal smile on her face, not exactly sure of why he was shouting. For all of her genius, she was a bit of an airhead.

The transformation was what made her second-guess herself, though. Why would she transform again when the gig was already up. She would not get scared again by that, unless it was not for that purpose? Her eyes flashed and her mouth formed a silent "o".

"My mistake! I misread the situation and thought that you were courting." She laughed loudly still, but with a hint of nervousness. "Just friends. Gotcha. Yes, yes."

Timo felt like his air had been taken from him, holding a hand to his chest as if to support himself. This was crippling to the conversation and entirely worrisome for maintaining a friendship with Kaitlyn. He looked down at the pup by his feet and pursed his lips to hide his displeasure with the situation.

"Let's . . . drop this topic," he murmured, brushing back his short hair. The only issue was he did not know what to replace it with.

Esmere quickly came to the rescue with the following: "Yes, let's. I suppose my first question is how did you two meet on this chance meeting. If that's okay? All I really know is that you needed a blanket and food because of an injury. Nothing before, really."

She looked between the two, eyes apologetic but prompting, as if to remove the awkwardness by continuing the conversation.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn remained seated with her little head down and her ears flopped. Though, she should just let it go. She shifted back after a few moments and sighed. Kaitlyn retraced her mind, never to forget any moments with him. She flicked up her ears and remembered, "I was out picking berries one day when he was also out just wandering, it seemed like. I and he had gone to the same bush and he had tugged on it, and startled me. Though... it was an awkward meeting since neither of us knew what or who each other were."

Kaitlyn then went on from then, of how she showed him her waterfall abode and her animal friends, especially jerry. How Kaitlyn could memorize everything within seconds was extraordinary. Kaitlyn was awfully descriptive as well, being awfully vivid as if she had taken pictures of everything with her eyes. Her emotion had also changed to bright and happy as the cute girl she was.​

Timoteo was surprised to see that, as Kaitlyn reiterated everything with a seemingly unerring memory -- something that he truly wished he had -- Esmere had kept her mouth shut almost the entire time, listening to her with bated breath and only a few questions here and there pertaining to the animals and sometimes Timo's reactions to things. Her hands were busy for much of the while, wringing her wrists and fingers at times as if she were thinking with all of her concentration. He usually was laughed off, but she seemed very fond and enchanted by Kaitlyn as time went on, and that was something since she was fond of Kaitlyn at the very beginning.

"So deer can be as friendly as that? They usually run away from Timothy here, but Jerry actually walked up to him? Hah! Now that is a sight I wish to see someday!" Esmere snarked, grinning over to Timo.

"He's a good deer," Timo weakly replied.

"Anyways," Esmere continued, her grin fading into a smile, "I envy you. You both have quite the adventures and can see new things. I can't walk ten paces without collapsing, or go farther without being carried or in my rolling chair. All I can see is what's in this village or what's inside my imagination, but . . . thank you for filling me with these new sights and places. They fill the void, you know?"

Kaitlyn Williams

Jerry is actually quite fond of Timo. Jerry seems to like him more than me,” Kaitlyn chuckled and playfully elbowed Timoteo in his side. Kaitlyn listened carefully to her about her not being able to walk very far, she flicked her ears. Flicking of her ears meant she was deep in thought, her blue eyes clouded as so.

Her eyes then almost immediately began to glow and a flashback formed into her eyes and mind. She remembered there being and elderly man who couldn’t walk after becoming paralyzed after a bear attack, his name was Milo. The flashback was also visible if anyone would look into her eyes, she could share it with others.

The was a remedy used for him and he was able to walk again. But how... she questioned the flashback given to her. She began to feel slightly dizzy and stumbled barely back. “Oh my...” she grunted and straightened her posture. She then wondered if Timoteo had seen it also, but she couldn’t be too sure.​

((Ooh, interesting, a communal flashback and a potential cure for Esmere, creating more possibilities!))

Timo winced and chuckled along with Kaitlyn at the rib poke. She certainly seemed playful today. That was good, especially considering earlier they both were being heckled by Esmere earlier. Perhaps they can brush past that after all without any later mention, or perhaps . . . if the stars aligned just right . . .

Timo shook the thought from his head and concentrated on the situation at hand, eyes darting between the two other conversationalists. And then there was something else entirely, a memory that wiped away his sight and replaced it with flashing imagery and words he did not recognise. One word came to mind more than most, the man's name, but the image of seeing a paralytic walk again clung to his mind intensely as he regained his vision, the other thing popping out of existence, or otherwise slipping away very quickly.

"What was that?" Esmere asked, rubbing her head furiously. "Weird. I had the weirdest thought come into my head."

"Was it about a man walking again?" Timo proposed, feeling the pangs of something within his head.

Esmere's eyes opened wide as she stated, "You know? How did you know?"

Timo shrugged his shoulders, uncertain of how, but if there was a guess to be made it probably had to do with the most magical being in the room. He looked over to Kaitlyn questioningly, curiously.

"Kaitlyn? You would not happen to know about this, would you?"

Kaitlyn Williams

She seemed horrified by the vision, she had remembered it from what she was a little girl. She cupped her forehead stressing, and looked at the two of them. Her eyes had lost their natural beauty as she was deep in her thoughts, not even listening anymore. “I need to go home.” She stated, her tail swaying intently.

And yes, I know about it. I was there. It was nice meeting you, Esmere, but I need to go home. Now,” she looked at the both of them, hoping they wouldn’t question her. “And-“ she turned her eyes to Timoteo “-don’t visit me for three days.” She demanded. She was obviously planning something as she shifted back into her pup form.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back